The Difference Between Medicine and Poison is the Dose

King of Cats
User flair: DM for RP

Post by King of Cats » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:33 pm

It was just past noon and Aizen Fukusha was walking down the road. The pathway was clear of people, no one had passed him by in days. Aizen had been walking west for a long time. He had been walking so long he forgot the last village he was in. Aizen had only spent a week there and it was was a peaceful town. The people didn't ask the missing ninja any questions about where he came from, instead they welcomed him into their village and fed him. Aizen was fortunate enough to have ryo saved up from some work he had done tilling a farmers garden, and he gave a generous amount of money to the village for their kindness. Walking down the road Aizen could only remember the face of the old woman who let him sleep in her shed for his stay.

As Aizen was thinking about that little town he saw someone running down the road towards him. Aizen could tell the person wasn't a ninja, they ran without grace and their steps were unmeasured. The person clambered down the road quickly though and Aizen had just a moment to prepare himself. Since leaving Iwa Aizen had remained anonymous by lying about his identity and he had no reason to stop now. He decided to go with his usual story and dusted off his cloth tunic. Aizen was smiling warmly as the man approached him out of breath and the ninja said, "Good afternoon stranger." Aizen extended his hand out for a shake but the man didn't return the offer. Instead the dirty old man hunched over and breathed in and out dramatically. He was trying to catch his breath and Aizen was a patient man, he just watched the harmless man pant and try to talk.

Eventually the man was calm enough to speak his peace, but he certainly wasn't peaeful. The old man was shouting, "Don't go that way! The village of Murasaki is fraught with chaos! There's a riot going on." The old man reached into his pocket and drew a flyer out. He handed it to Aizen who began reading the paper. "The Crescent Coalition has come to the village to enact it's federal laws and the people aren't having it. It's dangerous sir! Follow me, I'm heading to the next village over to warn them over the federal invasion!" The man had a crazy look in his eye and snatched the paper from Aizen.

The paper read: "This is an official thank you from the Crescent Coalition. We have assumed power in the country and as your village knows we have provided rations for your people. This is part of the national Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program and comes at no fee to the people of CC. However we do expect the villagers to abide by the laws set forward by your nation. Laws must be followed. An official of your government will soon arrive in your village to provide feedback for your questions, concerns and comments. Thank you citizens." Aizen felt his heart skip several beats as he read the flyer.

The nukenin was truly intrigued. Aizen was truly passionate about the liberties of mankind. Aizen believed that the one human right that should be free to people was the right to liberty. He was passionate about this and had gone as far as leaving the oppressive rule of Iwagakure to pursue a nomadic lifestyle of freedom.

Aizen knew some about the Crescent Coalition. They were known around the world for their combining of nations during the war and Aizen had an opinion of them. Off the bat Aizen was against the government. He saw government as a corrupt figure of authority in the peoples lives, and Aizen did not expect himself to ever work with a government again. Ever since leaving Rock Country Aizen saw himself as free from the constraints of evil men in power. He liked it that way, but what he read prompted something he had never truly considered before.

According to the flyer the Crescent Coalition was supplying free food to it's people. Having been in the area for some months now Aizen knew this was vital to the poor folk around the Land of Sakura. The people struggled and Aizen had a feeling the government intervention was vital to the lives of many people he had met around where he was. Aizen began wondering just what laws the nation expected it's people to follow.

Standing there thinking about the country of Mikadzuki Rengo and it's laws Aizen looked to be straining his brain. He was conflicted. The ninja didn't know who was right in this matter and he quickly resolved to become curious. With a thought on his mind he smiled to the old man and said, "No thank you sir. I believe I will head to Murasaki and see what the rioters have to say about their national leaders."

Aizen planned on learning about this up and coming nation. He had grown fond of the people in the village before and with the wellbeing of peoples freedoms on the line he had a remarkable thought. At the village Aizen planned to represent the people in the talks with the federal leader. He could learn about the villagers cause to riot and decide if the Crescent Coalition was good or not. Maybe more than that he could decide if governments had any hope in the future of mankind.

After all Aizen was walking the earth for more than just his personal beliefs. Aizen sought to change the world and reform people to respect their freedoms in the civilized world. Aizen hated to see people suffer from famine, war, and disease. There was nothing stronger in his heart than the desire to nurture his fellow mankind. This would be a step towards that.

Aizen left the old man and headed further on down the road. He knew the village was close by. In fact Aizen could feel it in the air. As he was walking Aizen considered the dangers ahead and he awakened his Lurian.

The Lurianic Emanation was a gift Aizen was born with and ever since he could remember it had been a power he was able to tap into. At first when the Lurian appeared it was just a thin film of chakra that protected his body. The chakra barrier was always strong though and over time it began to pour into the air around him. With practice the Lurian became a sixth sense, a tactile barrier that Aizen could feel the air around him with. As he walked down the road he tapped into the Lurianic Emanation and could feel the presence of people in front of him.

There were twelve people lined up at a podium holding signs. "We Refuse!" and "Our land!" were printed on several peoples signs and the country folk were all shouting. Someone was standing on a podium and as Aizen got into range he used his Lurian to inspect the person for weapons. Aizen was cautious around government officials and he was taking no chances. Once he had accumulated the knowledge he sought he stepped closer towards the podium. Aizen pushed his way to the front hoping to speak with the person sent by the Crescent Coalition.
Nara, Shiroyasha • Genin • Konohagakure no Sato
Kaguya, Renji • Chuunin • Kirigakure no Sato
Hyuuga, Kokou • Jounin • Konohagakure no Sato
Takumi, Hiroshi • Jounin • Sunagakure no Sato
Shuryo, Roku • Harubushi • Heart Empire

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:41 pm

Chikara knew that days like these would come, that's probably why he was probably called out to this very occasion, they knew that his presence could calm down some of the people, but for some reason, they wanted to either drum up the hype or keep him in the background as safeguard, as if they were afraid this his presence would be used for actions rather than oral communication.

~This is not why I became a Mercenary~ Chikara groaned and was pushed off Yasu's shoulders, it seems that she wasn't happy with the fact that she was sent on duty with Chikara, she wanted to go on border patrol with Wakana and Chie but was stuck with the bozo. For the first time in months, the drunkard had tasted temptations, and the minute he lost control, he was contacted for this very job, this boring, non-action, yap-yap mission...

Or so he thought, what he didn't know was that what lay ahead was nothing but an intense altercation that would push him to the edges, for in the crowd slithered a snake, spreading its venom to ruin the Coalition from within, the Moon Mercenaries were going to have to pull out all their cards to fight this poison that they were about to encounter.

But for now, the drunkard complained, his head felt like it was about to split in two, especially when Yasu opened the blinders and revealed the complaining crowd, "Was this what you envisioned when you and Enzaragi chose to start this little project? People shouting and screaming at you every day. Yasu cleared her throat and spat on the wet mud that shaped itself after the wheels.

"Not really, I expected more glory, booze, drugs and women... Especially the booze. I did not expect such heavy responsibility." He pulled himself up and stared out the window of the moving carriage. "Heavy lays the head which the crown rests on, sir." Chikara chuckled as the carriage driver chimed in. "Thank god that crown doesn't rest on me..." The Hibitokage chuckled, as far as the world knew, only Enzaragi was the leader and his word was law.

Chikara lept out of the carriage and immediately complained as his sandals got dirtied by the mud, he sighed and pushed through the crowd, he knew that he hadn't yet been called to take the podium but felt that the booing crowd couldn't get any louder before he had to take over. He dodged an incoming tomato before grabbing an incoming green apple, took a bite out of it, nodded in approval then began his speech.

"Good evening fellow citizens, we are the Crescent Coalition here to help ease this country into the transition, as many have you have been informed, we are here to change the laws of the land and create prosperity among the citizens.

We have many programs that will aid the citizens in acquiring jobs, housing, and even retirement funds. I understand that change is hard but I believe that together we can get through this and eventually become a nation that even the great five couldn't push around. We can't do this on our own, but together as a unit, we can accomplish anything! Now please, if you have any questions ask them now while I still have my voice.
" Chikara paused for laughter then looked over at the crowd, waiting for further reactions.

Yasu moved into the crowd to make sure that she would try to spot any desensitisers, normally she was paid to guard the "artist" but today she had specifically ordered to move among the citizens in order to find anyone suspicious. Why was I hired for such a menial job? Couldn't they have found any other lackey? Someone who wanted to prove themselves? Like that Fukusha kid.

Last edited by Trusted Grader on Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

King of Cats

Post by King of Cats » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:45 pm

Standing at the front of the crowd Aizen was standing out like a sore thumb. He had his hands clasped together in front of him and he was the only person not throwing fruit. Aizen wondered if that fruit were the rations Crescent Coalition had given the people. As the projectiles went flying Aizen felt them coming with his Lurian and dodged them from behind. He specifically chose not to deflect of catch any of the fruit. Aizen had come there to make a decision after all, and he certainly hadn't learned enough to make a stand.

In truth Aizen was considering enciting a riot. The nukenin was definitely the only ninja of the people in the crowd, and he knew with a good rousing he could get the townsfolk to start a commotion. He planned on doing that, if Mikadzuki Rengo's representatives weren't up to snuff. Rather if they proved oppressive Aizen was expecting to make an enemy here in the moment. As he used his Lurian to pat Chikara down he noticed the small man had lots of specialized ninja equipment. Aizen was pretty certain he would be outclassed. The representative was certainly powerful with that kind of equipment. Aizen toned back his plans for revolution when he discovered this fact.

Listening to Chikara was interesting for Aizen. In one way it was realistic the way Chikara was helping the people in so many ways and asking for their cooperation in a lawful sense. Aizen didn't blame Mikadzuki Rengo for the people being angry. What he did blame them for was the suffering that the people endured because of Mikadzuki Rengo's actions in the war. Aizen was heavily suspicious of corruption among the higher ups. He had no clue that a higher up was speaking before him.

When Chikara opened the forum up for questions Aizen gently took a step back and let the people talk. Their questions were mostly ridicuous, people demanding lower taxes was the most common call out. Aizen noticed the people didn't exactly have any serious qualms. It seemed like a lot of entiteled what have you's.

As Aizen was listening to Chikara talk to the people Tenpu suddenly appeared. On Aizen's palm a black, slimy mouth pressed out of his flesh. "Aizen. You think these people aren't free?" Tenpu was practically laughing at Aizen. The spirit couldn't believe how hard Aizen was debating on the situation. "Tenpu, I think I should view this opportunity as a learning moment and that is what I am doing. I am studying the effects of government." Aizen grumbled to his the spirit, annoyed by how impatient the immortal being truly was. Recently Tenpu had been showing it's less hospitable traits to Aizen. The honeymoon was certainly over for the two of them, but they were good friends by now.

A black and white eye ball of slime formed on Aizen's forehead, it was Tenpu's eye. "Remember this face. It seems I will need to watch-" Aizen felt a disturbance in his Lurian and reflexively dodged the sharp end of a spear. The villager holding it, a strong young man with blonde cornrows, stumbled forward closer to the podium where Chikara was standing. In the instance Aizen looked at Chikara, gauging the distance between him and the spearman, and the two coincidently made eye contact.

Perhaps out of respect for a fellow Ninja, or just merely by chance, Aizen pushed his hand forward. He held it upside down and his index and pinky finger were pointing out. Aizen quickly flooded chakra through his body and spat out a thick gob of webbing. It hit the spearman in the chet and the black webbing wrapped around the man. The force of the strike knocked him over and bound by the webbing the spearman was no threat.

All of the villagers looked at Aizen and it got real silent. The missing ninja cleared his throat and said, "Ahem.. continue. sir." Aizen looked at Chikara and then settled his gaze on the very important little man.

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:12 am

Yasu was crossing her arms as she heard the crowd murmur, she wasn't really in the mood but kept herself focused on the job nonetheless, she moved about and silently removed the ones that were too aggressive, she made sure that she didn't harm them but she would still grab them by the arm and lead them out of the crowd, at first they would react but once they felt how much stronger she was they complied, though they still complained.

"Yeah, yeah, save it for later. If you are too rowdy then we have to reloacte you, you, sir are disturbing the peace." Yasu didn't want to lock them up as it would probably just make the crowd even angrier, so she did the best that she could with the least amount of effort needed. She would snap her fingers and a groupd of legionnaires rushed up and grabbed the suspects, they would drag them further away from the crowd.

Warn them that they are causing problems then gently shush them away, even if they did try to attack them, the legionnaires would use their superior combat trainings to subdue them then push them away and give them a stricter warning, all of this was to not create more problems but to tell them who was in charge, sure, they sympathiezed with them but the legionnaires were here to help, to make sure that no random ronin wandered into town and just took what they wanted, that they wouldn't just one day get raided out of the blue.

"Lower taxes, huh? I'll see what I can do about that, are there anymore questions, don't be shy. We are here to grow together, so just let it all out." The hungover man said, he smiled at the crowd as he took another bite of the apple, he stopped eating once he saw that a citizen of Sakura tried to attack him with a spear, he was moving at such a slow pace that it appeared like it was in slowmotion and that was without the use of his Shogo, so what he did was smile then began to walk down the podium and towards the webbed assaulter.

He looked at Aizen and narrowed his eyes, This man must be a ninja of some sorts, or else how would he be able form this... Slime? He missed to see the Lurian pat him as h had been busy thinking up his speech but could now tell that Aizen clearly was a ninja. He cleared his throat and stopped the legionnaires from grabbing the man, he would crouch down and sigh. "I understand that these are turbulant times, but to throw your lives away for nothing leads to more chaos and destructions." He would turn around and snap his fingers, causing the legionnaires to cut through the web and release the man, Chikara continued speaking as he retook the podium.

"We are not here to destroy your countries rich history, nor demand you to change your ways of living. The only difference is that we collect taxes and provide services for you, if you have a real complaint then speak to your representative, which will be chosen via voting. That way, all of you can create real changes, without having to throw your lives away.

I hope we can come to a deal today where we stop trying to attack each other and get to grow closer, for there is much to do in this world, and losing ones head over temperament is not the way to solve our issues. Trust me, I know this. I have watched plenty of my comrades die over wars that mattered not to the citizens.

The Crescent Coalition is not your enemy, we are your new government and we will gladly listen to your complaints and try to figure out a way to resolve your issues. You will no longer be ruled by a long standing family that are far removed from your reality but instead be governed by people you once considered your neighbour. I mean, even you could become a mayor or senator, if you were chosen by the people that is.
" He finished by looking at the subdued man, then back at Aizen.

~There is something off about that man, Yasu, keep an eye on him will you.~ Chikara spoke to Yasu via his minds eye, she nodded and started to move closer towards him, she didn't want to intimidate him but knew that if he for some reason tried anything funny then she would tackle him.

Chikara took another bite from the apple as he looked around the crowd, he listened in on everyone and would gladly reply to their complaints if they had any, for he had been called to calm the crowd, though what the didn't know was that within the shadows of this village grew a dark resentment that would come to strike at them sooner rather than later.

Last edited by Trusted Grader on Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

King of Cats

Post by King of Cats » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:00 pm

Listening to Chikara talk about the possibilities of a democracy was interesting to the missing ninja. He didn't use those words exactly but Aizen knew what kind of government the Crescent Coalition was. Rule by the people, for the people; it was a good approach but Aizen knew too well that the depraved nature of the modern man was too corrupt for ones neighbor to be trusted with power. Most men couldn't leave their daughter in a bikini at the village pond let alone trust their neighbor to know when to begin wars. Aizen was doubtful that the Crescent Coalition could pull it off. Sure they seemed well put together. Chikara was certainly wearing nice clothes and equipped with state of the art ninja weapons. His followers were well off too, and they seemed to be faithful to the leader.

Watching Chikara Aizen met eyes with him and then Chikara's follower began stepping closer to him. Aizen didn't know why but it seemed like Yasu had been under sudden instructions. They moved with dutiful poise and crossed the crowd to monitor Aizen from his perimeter. Aizen wasn't suspicious of them but he was certainly watchful and and as he noticed that he was being targeted by Crescent Coalitions mercenaries his mind began racing with possibilities. Aizen didn't know what to do. He had hoped that webbing up the attacker wouldn't bring that much attention to him. If it did, at least he hoped it would be good attention. Unfortunately the weapon toting henchman was on his ass now and Aizen was feeling particularly anxious. He scratched his head and took a couple steps back but there was no penetrating the crowd behind him. Aizen was stuck.

The crowd were firing off questions for Chikara but Aizen could barely listen to them. He was busy trying to figure a way out of this sticky situation. The missing ninja didn't know what the future would bring but he knew if he had to lie he was a good liar. He decided not to take a fight or flight response. That would signal stress from Aizen, as if the Crescent Coalition had trapped him like a rat. Though the nukenin did admittedly feel a little in danger of being returned back to Iwa. He pushed his fears away and waited for the henchman to either seize him or watch him. Aizen planned on talking his way out of this. Whatever danger he was in, Aizen knew he was going to need to be crafty in order to get out of this one.

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:33 pm

As Chikara droned on with his speech and answered the questions that were raised by the citizens of Sakura, Yasu moved up to Aizen, she took a deep breath and then relaxed once she stood next to him. She could tell by his presence that he was tense, though the difference in their posture allowed her to sense that the strength difference between the two of them was so significant that she didn't even need to worry about him trying anything dumb.

"Don't make any sudden moves." Yasu gently rested her left hand on his shoulder. "We are not here to cause any trouble, nor are you in danger. But that thing inside you, it's raising too much suspicion and I will need you to follow me, unless... You want to make this into a situation." Yasu looked over at Chikara and then back at Aizen, she wasn't allowed to do this but she couldn't care less what the pretty boy thought for the moment.

Unbeknownst to them, a group of rebels were gathering by the edge of the city, and due to the legionnaires being forced to make sure that no one acted crazy, they missed the opportunity to keep an eye out. Chikara and Yasu hadn't brought Shiryoku with them so that was another missed opportunity, for now, they were all unknowingly getting set up for something greater.

"Listen, I know a man like you probably needs to find jobs right? Because it's pretty clear that you have some form of training." Yasu would speak with Aizen as she walked him out of the crowd. "Are you some ronin or something? Because you don't really dress like a Sakura Citizen, nor like their prestigious samurai."
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

King of Cats

Post by King of Cats » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:20 am

When Yasu started speaking to Aizen he could feel his hand start shaking and he clasped it together with his other hand. Aizen was as nervous as a whore in church and he had a certain feeling that things were not destined to go his way. Or rather what was his way for the moment. Aizen had been on the lamb for so long he had lost himself in many ways. Aizen was always dependable and stalwart but since he fled the country he grew to be a sort of wandering dog.

The former Iwagakure no Sato genin frowned when Yasu spoke of Tenpu. Aizen didn't know what people would think of a symbiotic spirit. In general most civilians were afraid of spirits and most ninja hated them for all the havoc they caused. To be in cahoots with a spirit was definitely not something Aizen wanted known to the public. He suddenly realized how many secrets he was keeping and felt his shoulder crack under all the pressure. Aizen slouched a little bit. When Yasu got done talking he softly replied, keeping his eyes on Chikara. "No situation. My friend, and I, wish for peace."

Walking away from the crowd with Yasu Aizen was incredibly tense. He looked like he was about to crack. He was visibly sweating, shaking, and even his voice was cracking. The guy was about to have a heart attack and all because of Tenpu. Aizen wasn't mad though. He had a secret ace up his sleeve. As he walked with Yasu he prepared himself to form his Lurianic emanation at any time any make a quick escape with a web shot. Aizen had practiced running away plenty.

When Yasu asked Aizen about work he couldn't help but wonder how he looked. In his mind he was still a well to do looking person from Rock Country, but int ruth that visage had long passed him. If he didn't shave every day he would have looked like a homeless bum, because that was what he was. Aizen tried to pay it no mind and responded to Yasu, "I could use some work, but I am not a ronin. I am.. a ninja." Aizen was hesitant to tell Yasu but she seemed to be leveling with him and he felt like he needed someone on his sid eat that moment. When he said that the third eye of Tenpu sprung from his forehead and stared at Yasu for a moment before disappearing.

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:59 pm

Yasu did her best to calm Aizen as she figured that there was no reason for him to act out, especially since she had a strong understanding that she could take him out, though she knew that it was imperative that she didn't act out as to draw more attention to her, so she listened to the man and began to chuckle once he said that he was a ninja, which was almost a given, though her smile vanished just as fast as it had appeared on her face once she spotted the eye. Her eyes narrowed as she let a heavy sigh escape her breath.

~It seems that either this man has some sort of goobidy goop living with him or a spirit.~ Yasu mentally spoke to Chikara while her eyes peered at the eye before she met Aizen's own.

~Yeah I see that, keep an eye on him and try to win him over.~ Chikara continued to hold his speech, the crowd was slowly swaying over to his side as he continued to use his silver tongue to win them over.

"I understood that the second I saw your combat technique. Now tell me, what type of work are you willing to do? Mercenary jobs? Or are you interested in a longer-term job, maybe helping us grow our influence, help us spread peace and freedom to the regions we are controlling?" Yasu gently patted his shoulders to dust him off but also get a feel for his sturdiness and strength.

~I think we got him on our side.~ Yasu wasn't the type to celebrate early but seeing as she herself started out the same as Aizen, things would go rather swiftly with this one, as long as they played their cards right.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

King of Cats

Post by King of Cats » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:56 pm

Aizen didn't know how to take the woman when she asked him if he was a ninja, but he was really thrown off when she offered him work. He couldn't help but feel the familiar allure of money that laced Yasu's words. Aizen had been poor for so long he forgot what it was like to have steady work. When he was a real ninja he never had to worry about food, or shelter. This new missing ninja life was wild to him, and a lot of that feral feeling came from the fact that Aizen was living on the road.

To say he was tempted by Yasu's questions would be an understatement. Aizen was thoroughly entranced right away by the offer, but the freedom fighter inside of him felt like he couldn't just simply work for a potentially corrupt, evil even, organization. Aizen demanded answers to his own questions first. He had different goals than these peasants that were bombarding Chikara with questions about retirement and insurance. Aizen was more philosophically oriented. He wanted to know what force was behind this woman and man that had come from Crescent Coalition.

Before Aizen could answer Yasu black threads began sewing up his lips. From the threads Tenpu's mouth emerged in place of Aizen's, it was a big black and white grin. Tenpu spoke for his host, "We can do lots of work. As you see Aizen has superb control of my powers, and he's a skilled ninja. He can walk up trees, fire shuriken, create seals, all sorts of stuff. You need him for work, you got him." Tenpu smiled a wicked grin

Aizen put his hands together in a handseal and focuse dhis chakra. The slime around his mouth suddenly burst and exposed his mouth. Aizen was not grinning like Tenpu had been and he looked pretty upset. Tenpu was going against his wishes, for cheap thrills. In a hushed voice he said, "I suppose mercenary work would be fine. I am curious of your... empire. Perhaps if you familiarize me with the Crescent Coalition I could, spread peace as you say." Aizen held his hands together to keep Tenpu from manifesting again.

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:29 pm

Yasu nodded, she didn't smile as she rarely did when she was out on a mission but the message was clear, the boy was ready to work, and fortunate for him, work responded. Gas canisters landed within the crowd, obscuring vision and thicking the air around them. Chikara had managed to get most of the crowd on his side and sighed at the painting drawn in front of him.

~Take the legionnaires and the civilians with you, let me and this new kid check them out. Chikara's voice rang through Yasu's head, coughing as she pushed through the crowd, she whistled to the legionnaires who were quick to get in formation, they quickly gathered as many civilians as possible and cleared the smoke.

~And what? Let you get captured again and lynched? What's the goal? Yasu caught the incoming pauldron as she led the small battalion away from the plaza, fortunate timing as the smoke contained sleeping powder that started to kick in a couple of seconds after being inhaled. The crowd that cleared off from the group was quick to make their escape while the rest that didn't manage to follow the legionnaires were captured by the mysterious assailants.

The goal is to figure out this organization and tear it from within. Chikara continued to cough as he moved towards Aizen, "Good that one can count on you, now, what was your name?" The ninja covered his mouth as he placed himself next to him. "Look, I'm going to be honest with you, we are going to be captured, probably tortured a bit but that's what ninjas are trained for right? Gather intel." Chikara chuckled but stopped once he saw shadows move around the smoke.

The poison was starting to take hold of him but as of now, he was still standing. "Whatever happens, don't break. They're here." Chikara leaned forward.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

King of Cats

Post by King of Cats » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:51 pm

When the gas hit Aizen was in full shock. He wasn't ready for wht would happen next but Chikara came to his side and told him the plan. It wasn't clear to Aizen just how Chikara knew what he had said to Yasu, but he didn't have time to ask questions.The gas was filling the air around him and Aizen was feeling an impending sort of doom, especially considering what Chikara had said to him about being tortured. Aizen gulped back his fear and prepared himself for what would happen next.

A mercenary came through the fog with a large pile. He was big and burly, and wearing a gas mask. Aizen couldn't believe his eyes. The man swung his pole arm through the gas filled air and struck Chikara in the skull with the broadside of his blade.

By then the gas was really effecting him and Aizen passed out.

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:40 pm

Chikara knew better than not to overreact, he needed to find a way where he could get away with tricking the enemy that they had defeated him but he couldn't do it all willy-nilly, he had to pretend to actually be fighting first in order to make himself appear more valuable. Most people around these parts knew him as a rapper but he figured that these men who ambushed them probably knew a thing or two about their past. Let's see how this all goes, I must make sure that Aizen stays alive, otherwise, this recruitment situation would be for nothing. Luckily I calmed down the crowd before they attacked us and Aizen helped stop the assassination attempt, which should probably get people to sympathise a little.

His mind was working overtime as he activated his Shogo, at first Aizen wouldn't be able to see it as he was moving in a crazy speed, dodging and weaving from strikes as formed a set of hand seals that would allow him to cast his shadow outwards in a perfect circle, once his hands stopped moving he would clap them together as his shadow expanded, capturing all the surrounding enemies. That was easier than I thought, if I use this jutsu combined with other jutsu I should be able to defend myself from all directions, sure I can't stop a projectile but I can stop multiple foes. Chikara wanted to chuckle but had to move in order to dodge the incoming strike, it seemed that one of the men was stronger than he expected, that or the poison was starting to affect Chikara as well.

He coughed as he lept backward, activated Tsuyoi, and cast Izanagi on the target, Aizen would be able to see his eye now and even the Izanagi before his vision started to blur, the last thing he saw was how the burly man smacked Chikara in the head, cracking it before his body fell limp on the ground. Chikara laid exactly where the body would be and used Izanagi to trick the foes into believing they knocked him out. Gotta dirty my shit and everything... This better be worth it! Chikara didn't want to do this but being a mercenary had taught him that he always needed to be ready to get down and dirty.

Chikara closed his eyes and felt how the burly man lifted him up, he would carry Aizen on his other shoulder as they walked away, in his mind's eye he would see Yasu inspecting them before ordering their troops to clean up. Yasu didn't understand why he wanted to be taken but if that's what he wanted then that was his choice.

450/400

Trained

~Eiketsu • Congregation Imitation
A-rank Ninjutsu
The user will perform a sequence of hand seals and will hold the final seal, the user will expand their shadow out into a perfect circle, in an area of 65 meters across any surface at a speed equal to the users [Control] aiming to connect with the multiple targets shadows. If contact is made, the user and the opponents will be linked together in movement, so that everything the user does is mimicked by the opponents, they are bound with a strength of the users [Control]. Lasts for 6 posts.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya