The Will of... The Jolly Rodger!?

Black Wake's P90-X

Gilak

Post by Gilak » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:52 pm

The morning sun hardly broke the surface of the horizon sea. Its light giving the ship a soft glow off its starboard side. Not many of the ships inhabitants were awake after yet another night of hardcore drinking. Smelling of cheap rum and salty water, the young boy was already up helping those who fell asleep like slobbering hounds back below deck. Thankful for his unnatural strength that no preteen child should have. The crew were used to the sounds of the creaking as they floated aimlessly in the calm sea. A hours worth of sand fell by as the boy got to putting the last one on her hammock. Making his was past the last hammock he reached up and swung down, slapping his flat palm on Umiko's lower back. The sound reverbing off the wall of the ship.

"Feel the sting of the dawn stingray! Cap'n is supposed to teach us something unique today!"

Dropping a bottle of fermented tea and oranges onto her lap he ran off before he could catch another fist to the back of the head from Umiko. Rubbing the back of his head where she somehow always landed a strike, he took the stairs two by two.

Making his way to the captain's door, he beat his heel against the door. The rhythm of the kick started off to a sea shanties tune. Knowing all to well that the Cap'n might have a mate or four. Humming as he waited in front of the Captain's room, wondering if he should have scrubbed the deck before he woke up Umiko. Shrugging he beat his heel against the door once more.

"Up to a early start Cap'n! Today is the day you promised to teach us the What it means to be prepared for those sneaky land Shee-No-Bees!" The last bit of his sentence mocked the way that Kaisui went about in his many drunken stories about the humans that can breathe fire, command entire swarms of insects, and make puppets dance without physically touching them.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
IwagakureFukusha, FudoGenin#FFED38
IwagakureUehara, OhtaGenin#FFCC1E
JinjekuEnkouten, MaketaD - Rank#D62100

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:12 pm

Umiko was snoozing peacefully when she was rudely awakened with a stinging slap to her tummy and a squeaky childish voice screaming nonsense about a manta ray. "Goddamn it you little wanker! I swear see if I don't beat you black and blue!" She'd react immediately with a swing pounding the back of the miscreants head.

Little bludger hadn't given her a moment of rest since they met constantly spying and perving on her. She even caught him with a pair of her underwear once. However he was young just beginning puberty and she was the only woman around. She viewed him as a troublesome little brother. Not to different in hindsight to how Kaisui viewed her sadly. As she rolled out of the hammock she saw the lad running to the deck probably to hide behind Kaisui. She looked down and saw the bottle of tea and smirked. He did have some redeeming qualities about him afterall.

Kaisui was upstairs looking at maps and his notes. He was busy as of late, the whispers in the taverns spoke of the comings of war. It was an unprecedented opportunity for him to make a name for himself and his crew. But first the crew needed training lest they drown in the tides of war, sinking to Davy Jones' Locker. He was interrupted from his pondering from a knock on his door. The newest recruit was young and eager to learn a promising prospect similar to Umiko. An unpolished stone that could be refined and worked into something great.

He stood up an answered the door giving a slight glower to the boy as he had interrupted him. He then followed it with a smirk and led him out to the deck near the main mast. At this point Umiko was dressed and had joined them.

"Alright so Im going to train you both to use ninjutsu like a shinobi. The most useful jutsus I can train you with to start are water walking and tree climbing. But before all that we must first explain how jutsu work. Jutsu are performed using chakra. Chakra is a blending of the physical and mental energy within the body focused and directed to perform jutsu through the usage of hand seals." Kaisui would place his hand on each of their stomachs and allow his chakra to flow through them so they can attune themselves to the feeling of chakra.

Umiko would close her eyes and focus on the feeling of chakra flowing through her body, sensing the inherent profundities. After the hand was removed she'd stand as still as a statue and focus on blending the internal energies into chakra. Having received this block of training once before it came rather naturally to her and a slight blue glow would surround her as she gathered her chakra.
Last edited by Diatenshi on Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Gilak

The Will of... The Jolly Roger!?

Post by Gilak » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:59 am

Wincing with a familiar ache as Maketa rubbed the back of his head, a small knot formed. Not being nimble enough to dodge the predicted strike Maketa took it as his good morning greetings. Eventually I will be able to dodge that pretty fist... lost in thought as the captain answered his door, the loss of sleep obvious on the old boy. Having been instructed before on not to pry on the Captain's thoughts, the young boy followed in suit toward the mast as he spotted umiko making her way up. His stupidly big grin danced across his face, disappearing as he spun on his heel.

Listening intently to the instructions, his hand would raise after each sentence. The look of confusion and excitement as each new word sounded like a exotic animals he has never met. "What is Ninjutsu? What is a Shinobi? Is Jutsu just a smaller Ninjutsu? I'm pretty sure people can climb trees but I've never heard of someone walking on water, trust me I've definitely tried!Maketa's usual blabbering out of over excitement started to wane as Kaisui's explanation of Chakra was produced. The Cabin boy's right eyebrow shot up as he looked down, the captain shoving this so called Chakra. Something like a burning in his stomach started as the Chakra in his torso started to bubble up. The Chakra flowed easier as he concentrated on this burning. The churning of his stomach starting to smoothe out as his body started to channel the Chakra accordingly. Feeling a unstable wave of Chakra start to form in his solar plexus and make its way up his throat. The boy wrenched over to his left side and threw up a extremely hot substance, the substance hitting the wooden surface of the ship. A instantaneous fire erupted off the surface of the wood as maketa rolled back, crawling away from the flames that made its way up towards the boy.
Active Characters

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:14 am

With a god like reaction speed nearly as soon as the first boards catch fire Kaisui would perform a jutsu and aiming one of his hands at the burning material, douse the flames with sea water minimizing the damage done to his ship. His other hand would point at Maketa giving him a forced salt water gargle. Afterwards, hed walk over and pick the kid up by the back of his shirt raising him up so theyre face to face, similar to a cat being picked up by the scruff of their neck. " I don't know what that was. It's interesting to say the least but if you're going to be destroying my ship I'll be marooning you on an island. Understood? Now, run below deck grab the supplies needed to repair this mess and hop to it. We'll resume the training after you've repaired what you messed up."

Kaisui would drop the boy and study the rock like material that had spewed out of his mouth. While he wasn't certain by any means there were tales of shinobi from Iwagakure that had such abilities. Why their abilities would present themselves in a child on the opposite side of the globe was a mystery. The boy would have to be watched closely. Who knows, maybe hes a spy sent to infiltrate his ship.

Umiko would awake from her meditation from the ruckus and her eyes would go wide seeing the damage to the ship. She'd been studying under Kaisui for a few years now and had only recently gotten a grip on even gathering her chakra and yet here this boy was already doing jutsu. She narrowed her eyes at him and stealthily followed him into the ships hold where the extra lumber was. Once they were alone she'd corner him knife drawn. "What the hell are you up to? Acting all innocent amd dumb when you can spit fire from your mouth! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't gut your perverted ass here and now?
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Gilak

Post by Gilak » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:31 pm

The flash of water seemed to have snapped the young cabin boy up out of his stupor. His eyes glowing brighter after his use of his Clan's unique ability. This was the first time seeing not only this hot molten rock, but someone also shooting water out of their hands! Maketa was breathing rather hard as the droplets of water started to evaporate off his skin as his body was hot to the touch.

Being picked up by the captain like a feral animal, the young boy came eye to eye level with the very tall captain. Which for a shocker was his legs now dangled more than two feet off the ground! Gulping and looking into the very annoyed eyes of the captain had Maketa feeling scolded before his words came out.

After hearing the man's words, he nodded in agreement with Haste as he was let to drop, the boy landing on his feet and he gave the captian a thumbs up before turning on his heel and running down the steps at about 8 speed. Making sure to not bump into anymore obstacles till he got to the spare supplies. Pulling two boards out of the neat stack he turned on his heels once more to find a blade entering his space. Her words made his stomach churn with anxiety as he took a step back and fell onto the lumber rack. "Umiko, w-what do you mean? I've never been able to spit fire out before! That's just the kind of stuff that I thought were fables told by Sailor's who lived to tell their tales! He purposely ignored the pervert comment as he looked between her eyes and down to her blade, the glimmer of his eyes shining inside the dark corridor.
Active Characters

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:01 pm

Her eyes narrowed and she pushed her knife against his chest letting the tip dig his skin a bit. She'd put up with his perverted ass for a solid month now and whilst theyd grown a little closer he seemed to forget that she herself was just as much a pirate as the captain. Sure she may be small but that didn't mean she couldn't be intimidating when she wanted.

"I've been training with Captain for near 6 years and the most i can so is gather my chakra for simple task. I ain't learn no jutsu from him yet so how comes you can doos it eh? I saw the fire you started and heard Cap'n's words. You used a jutsu I knows it... Gah go get. Fix up the deck so we can get back ta trainin. If I gut ya ere Kai will just make me fix your mess..."

She went on a rant words spilling out of her mouth furiously as she dug the blade in just deep enough to draw blood. The boy wasn't even able to get a word put before she let the blade drop to her side. She didn't wanna deal with the hassle and consequences of killing him. Besides, maybe this warning will get him to stop stealing her panties. She followed him never taking her eyes off him as she went back on deck.

Kaisui spotted the small wound on the boy's chest and smirked but didn't say anything. He'd let them sort things out on their own. He wasn't their parents nor was he going to coddle either of them. If he did neither would be likely to survive life once they went their own ways. Once the deck was finished hed have them gather their chakra again and try to focus it in their feet. Once they got a feel for it he'd have them rest before demonstrating the tree climbing jutsu as he placed one foot on the mast and would begin to walk up it horizontal to the ground. He'd go upside down hanging from the mast looking down at them from above. "This is the kind of thing you'll be capable of once you have proper control of your chakra."
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Gilak

Post by Gilak » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:20 pm

"Maybe I'm just born with natural talent? It's not like I've ever been trained to do anything besides how to survive on our ship Umi. Cap'n just wants us to be useful to him and not have us just be free weight on board. Maybe you should learn some jutsu and then the Cap'n would acknowledge your perversions for him." Breathing the last past out like a sigh the boy gathered the needed lumber and made his way up. Rubbing the blood off his shirt as he winced slightly, this boy needs to toughen up for sure. The only way he would be able to out preform Umiko is by harnessing the burning Chakra within his own bloodline.

Breaking point onto deck was easily adapted to, his eyes quickly adjusting from darkness to light without hesitation. Making his way to the now piece of hard black rock, kicking it like a ball off into the ocean. With all his frustration landing at the peak of his kick the rock flew a good 40 yards out before skipping twice and sinking into the oceans depths. Pulling the scorched board up, he heard creaking as each nail quickly slid out of place, showing off his monstrous strength as he replaced the old burnt board with the new one, using his fingers to push the nails into place as he took the old board and tossed it to the side of the deck.

After the repairs were done, Maketa started moving the Chakra within hais body once more, feeling a more flowing Chakra as his feet started to gather Chakra as almost naturally. Practicing walking while not losing the concentration on his Chakra the Cabin boy started walking onto the mast. One foot after the other as the boy made it up 4 steps before stopping. His eyes started glowing brighter as the Chakra in his system started growing hot. Standing on the side of the mast he started channeling harder, making the hot Chakra disperse evenly in his body before trying to continue. Why was he so quick to learn these things? Why was Umi upset that she couldn't do the things that are so easy? His mind started to fill with thoughts, the focus on his left foot startled and he fell the 5ft back onto the hard wood deck. Looking up at Kaisui, he took a quick glance to the right to look a Umiko.
"Cap'n Kaisui, why does it feel so... natural? I've never been able to do anything like this before but it's like... I'm supposed to be able to do these things? Like I'm some hero in the stories I've read in the old books the Sailor's would bring back?"
Active Characters

Return to “Other Countries”