Meeting the Student

Kaku

Meeting the Student

Post by Kaku » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Robi lazily stolled down the streets of Suna, the cool breeze blowing on his face, with fine sand particales accompanying them. He grunted, having to wake up early today to meet his new student, an event which meant the end of his month long holiday from any ninja work. Unfortunately, this meant he was quite rusty, but nonetheless, he was still in good shape to train a Genin to a Chuunin. As he walked, he thought about his former student, Crysaki. He smiled, pleased with himself for his part in the young ninja's graduation.

A few minutes later, he noticed the ramen shop was open, and instinctively, he began thinking of ways to haggle the shopkeeper down to free ramen. Quiickly realising he had none, he walked away, disheartened. Not one to be early for a meeting, Robi made sure he would be the last to the meeting spot by taking all the back routes in Suna that he knew to get there, so that it would be the young ninja waiting for him, and not the other way around. Then, as he got there, he saw the boy from afar off, and chuckled to himself. He decided to test the boy's skills, so he tore off the sleeves of his shirts, wrapped them around his face like a balaclava and jumped onto the rooftops. When he was close enough, he jumped down.

"Suprise!"

Any stealth was thrown away with Robi's reckless shout.
~♣Kaku

chars
SpoilerShow
Characters
Name Rank Village Companions Missions Socials Points
Akinari Genin Konohagakure - S: 0 A: 0 B: 0 C: 0 D: 12 123 3/122
Watari Genin Iwagakure - S: 0 A: 0 B: 0 C: 0 D: 0 0 41/77

Qazedc230

Meeting the Student

Post by Qazedc230 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Raiden, having been fast asleep, woke with a start preparing to cuss out who ever he saw. Who ever woke him better have a good reason for doing so because Rai was up late last night reading and was having a weird dream about dice robbing him of all his money. Rai stood up from the bench and started looking around for the idiot who woke him.

"Who the he..." He stopped when he saw the idiot a ripped sleeve and something around his face. He reluctantly took a step to the side reaching towards his weapons pouch.

"Um...I'm sorry sir but I'm supposed to be meeting someone here and his late," Rai said well starting to form a smile on his face. "So I hate to be rude but unless your an Suna jounin," Rai silently chuckled at the idea of this idiot being a jounin. "Could you please leave me to wait."
SpoilerShow
[Genin • Konoha • Utaka, Katsu Raven • Points-2 • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:1]

[Genin • Kiri • Kaguya, Tsukio • Points-0 • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]

Inactive[Genin • Kumo • Ote, Alopekis • Points-0 • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]

Kaku

Meeting the Student

Post by Kaku » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Robi quietly sniggered. He was impressed, but at the same time disappointed. While the boy didn't show fear, he seemed to be hesitant. Hesitation in this field of work could easily lead to death. He stayed silent, instead charging at the boy, runnin at about half of his usual full speed. As he got close to him, he sent a slash towards the boy, aimed at his midsection, with the intent of seeing how fast the boy was. Of course, he was using a clone, so if it did 'hit', it would just go straight through the boy's body.

Meanwhile, on top of the roof, Robi watched silently, wondering if he really needed to rip off his sleeves as he made the clone. He brought out a notepad, deciding that that would be the time he thought of a training plan for this boy. "First, I gotta see what this kid's got, strong points, weak points, and maybe even a few of his secret techniques! This should be fun." He chuckled to himself once more as the clone attempted to strike the boy.
~♣Kaku

chars
SpoilerShow
Characters

Qazedc230

Meeting the Student

Post by Qazedc230 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Rai moved back with all his speed but still brace for the sword impact due him never being very fast. As the sword went into his midsection Rai was confused.What the hell? A clone? Where are you whoever you are. Rai ignored the clone standing nearly on top of him and scanned the area. He saw a figure standing on the roof. Better put some distance between us. I'm no good in a CQB. Rai quickly turned and start running down the least crowded street forming a few quick hand signs. As wind formed under his feet, Rai started gaining momentum and glided down the street dodging what few obstacles there were.

SpoilerShow
*Fuuton • Wind Skating [Wind Element • Wind Skating]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the needed hand seals, the user is able to "glide" on the air as if they were just skating on a rink or on ice. This allows them to move faster while traveling or fighting. However, this does not allow the user to fly, but, instead, it allows the user to sort of float over the ground. Example
SpoilerShow
[Genin • Konoha • Utaka, Katsu Raven • Points-2 • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:1]

Inactive[Genin • Kumo • Ote, Alopekis • Points-0 • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]

Kaku

Meeting the Student

Post by Kaku » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:54 am

"Heh, not very fast, I see. Hah, we'll have to work on that. But this kid is pretty smart, being able to find me so soon and all that, plus from the fact he's running, he's either trying to get some room for ninjutsu, or this could be a plan for genjutsu, or he could just be scared. We'll just have to find out."

Robi laughed as the real him jumped down, dispersing the clone. He unsheathed two of his swords and smiled. Then, he took off in the direction the boy went, making sure he maintained the same speed as the boy, so as to keep within a viewing distance, but not too close for comfort. While he ran, he brought out the two blood vials kept in his swords handles, deciding not to utilize them at that very time, but just as a safety measure in case the boy tried to do anything to him.
~♣Kaku

chars
SpoilerShow
Characters

Qazedc230

Meeting the Student

Post by Qazedc230 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Rai continued to glide down the street. Who the hell is this guy. He certainly is a persistent one. Lets see if this stops him. Rai turned around stopping to look at his pursuer. He saw that the pursuer was within viewing distance and closing; He formed a few quick hand seals and muttered, "Smell death." He smiled as the smell of death filled the air. This should teach him.

SpoilerShow
*Shisha Nonioi no Jutsu [Smell Of The Deceased Jutsu] D-Ranked Genjutsu An illusionary jutsu that, after performing the necessary handseals, causes the target to begin to smell rotting flesh and decaying bodies. The jutsu can cause nausea and vomiting from the target, depending on how sensitive their scent is, and begins once the victim witnesses the user perform the handseals. The smell of the dead can also cause some mental stress on the target.
SpoilerShow

Kaku

Meeting the Student

Post by Kaku » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:08 am

As Robi ran, he noticed the boy turning around, then suddenly, he began to smell the scent of rotting dead bodies. He chuckled, immediately checking the area for any dead bodies. Realising that there were none, and no-one else on the sparsely populated street could smell it, he came to the conclusion that it was genjutsu, and he had in fact fallen prey to this specific genjutsu before. "Interesting. I like the way he's tried to throw me off, but his timing is terrible. Heh, maybe I'll play along"

Quickly, Robi came to a harsh stop. he doubled over and threw his hand over his mouth and nose in an attempt to protect himself from the vile scent. He began to cough viciously, and pretended to go to vomit. While he was doing this, he formed a few hand seals with some blood in his hands, allowing two vials of blood to expand.

OOC: I'll include the jutsu I did in a bit
~♣Kaku

chars
SpoilerShow
Characters

Qazedc230

Meeting the Student

Post by Qazedc230 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:20 am

Rai looked at the person on the ground. Now is he faking or did i really get him. Rai kept focus on the genjutsu and slowly started walking back.

"Are you done?" Rai asked but kept on guard and thinking of his next move. He realized that if genjutsu didn't work he would have to attack. He kept backing up still putting a little distance for his next jutsu.

"Can't we just talk this over?"
SpoilerShow

Kaku

Meeting the Student

Post by Kaku » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:25 pm

"Heh, you got me. Nice try, though, Karchi-kun," said Robi with a smile. "I've seen that genjutsu before, and the second time you're in it, it's pretty obvious, ya get what I mean." By this time, Robi had put his swords away and walked towards the young Genin. while chuckling to himself. He held out a datasheet as some sort of proof to the fact that he was friendly.

"I'm Kioku Robi, and I'll be your Jounin sensei. Apologies for the unusual introduction, but I wanted to test out your abilities." Robi put his hands in his pocket, producing a small dango stick and chewing on it. Then he started talking with his mouth full, something which this young Genin would have to get used to in the next fears months or years they had together. "I've decided to do that later, so why don't I treat you to a nice meal, hmm?"
~♣Kaku

chars
SpoilerShow
Characters

Qazedc230

Meeting the Student

Post by Qazedc230 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:12 pm

Rai kept the genjutsu active until he saw the papers. Rai released the jutsu and let out a relief sigh.
"If you really are..." Rai looked down at the sheet he had handed, "Robi-sensei then was all that really necessary? I mean after all I was up late last night and when you arrived I was having a great dream."
Rai smiled a little and the said, "As for the meal, sounds like a good idea."
SpoilerShow

Kaku

Meeting the Student

Post by Kaku » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Robi chuckled. The Genin seemed content at the sound of the meal, so he swallowed the food he was eating then nodded at the Genin, a gesture which meant he should follow him. By now, he was already daydreaming about the food he was about to eat, so he pretty much ignored what the Genin said about the test being 'unnecessary'. He turned back to him, realising that he didn't even know what he wanted to eat. He scratched his head, thinking about the possible places where they could go and eat. At the same time, he fished into his pockets, looking to see if he had any money. He was broke. Any meal today would have to be Raiden's treat to him.

"So, Raiden-kun, what do you want to eat. We have threeee options," he said, for some reasons dragging the three longer than one usually would. "We can go to the ever faithful ramen store, which is cheap and tasty, or we could go one down and get a takeaway rice bowl and walk with them, orr we could be really classy and go to that new restaurant that just opened uptown. Your choice." He threw the rest of the half eaten sandwich into his mouth, waiting for an answer from the rookie ninja.
~♣Kaku

chars
SpoilerShow
Characters

Qazedc230

Meeting the Student

Post by Qazedc230 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Rai's stomach rummbled as he followed the Robi. I haven't eaten all day. Rai smiled as the jounin said ramen and ignored all the other options. He didn't care if the jounin didn't even want it Rai was going to have Ramen today.

"Defiantly ramen." Rai smiled. Sure has been a while since I've had it.
SpoilerShow

Kaku

Meeting the Student

Post by Kaku » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:19 pm

Robi's face lit up as the boy chose ramen from the three options. He already liked this kid. Instead of going to a fancy restaurant, the boy had chosen to go eat ramen, which Robi thought was very down to earth. And, it even saved him some money, which was always a plus. He walked down the path, the boy following him. He looked back as he walked, beginning to talk. "So tell me something Rai-kun. Why did you become a ninja?" It was always interesting to hear another person's story.
~♣Kaku

chars
SpoilerShow
Characters

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”