The Ebb and Flow of Time

Zangy

The Ebb and Flow of Time

Post by Zangy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:36 am

Another day, another moment, another chance.

Unten and Oben were standing a bit outside the gates of Suna, waiting on their new charge. They heard he was from a clan, so they were both kind of worried that it might be a clansman, but due to the events in the past 5 years, the Kazekage wouldn't ever try to incite anything, especially with what the twins had most recently become.

However, they didn't really want to scare the kid, since the Doppel clan was secluded and mostly ignored by the village, and, for the most part, were barely seen by other ninja. The Suna jounin were two of the first that had even lived outside of the compound, so reactions to their bodies would be strange; not only for their appeared age, but also because of their fused body. So, instead of frightening their new apprentice, they decided that Unten would be the front, with Oben just resting in his body, with just his head out of Unten's back, just to make sure to catch all of the conversation.

"Just wait," Unten comforted his brother, who just sighed. Neither of them really liked this form, since they were completely limited by movement, but oh well. Things had to be done to maintain a good first impression.

(OOC: Yeah, initial meeting thread. Just do it like Hito was assigned to go meet them to start his apprenticeship and stuff.)
CodingsShow
Oohazure: [color=#AFAD00][b]""[/b][/color]
Yumegokochi: [center][color=#79CDCD][font=Georgia][big][[sub][/sub]][/big][/font][/color][/center]
Okuure Daisuke: [b][color=#BA7CBC]""[/color][/b]
Kouseki Kazouchi: [b][color=#007D4F]""[/color][/b]

CDF

The Ebb and Flow of Time

Post by CDF » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Hito walked briskly to the gates, his cloak tucked tightly around him with his hood completely covering his head as he moved. Hito had made sure every part of him was presentable for the meeting with his new teachers.

Hito was rather excited about this. He didn’t know anything about the teachers, but he was told they were part of the Eidolon, and the Eidolon was a collection of the strongest ninja in the village. Hito was thrilled to be trained by such important figures in the village. Whoever they were, they would definitely make Hito stronger.

Hito arrived a few minutes late, he had spent too much time worrying about his appearance. Usually, he was very accurate about arriving on time, so he was a little disappointed in himself once he appeared at the gates outside the village.

Lost in his thought, Hito had only registered a shape of a body at the gate, and only when he removed his hood, opened his cloak and turned to look at the body, did he realize the peculiarity. Hito was shocked momentarily, for roughly three seconds before he regained his composure.

He straightened up and gave the body a quick look up and down, trying to be fast so they wouldn’t think he was being rude. Their faces told him they were twins, and the fact that ones head was poking out of the other’s back probably meant they were conjoined twins?

Conjoined… twins…

“Ah.”

Hito relaxed his posture and gave a slight, polite bow to the strange twins. He had never seen a Doppel clan member before, they were known for staying inside their own complex and not interacting much with the rest of the village.

In fact, Hito didn’t even know there were Doppel genin.

“Hello. I’m Ouji Hito. I haven’t seen you guys before, I generally keep tabs on all the genin in the village, you’re from the Doppel, correct?”

Hito was being a little direct, but he was surprised by his lack of information.

- zenchou
Most intense. Mission. EVER.
[color=#C9B037]Ouji Hito Kazekage[/color] Sunagakure no Sato
Wakatsuki, Zai A-ranked Missing Ninja Kumogakure no Sato

Zangy

The Ebb and Flow of Time

Post by Zangy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:05 pm

Oben stretched out of Unten's body, walking outwards and then back around, quickly grabbing the older brother's hand, fusing it together, but to the basic eye, they were both just holding each other's hand.

"That's right. My brother and I are both from the Doppel clan of Suna, right brother?" Oben started off, looking over at his brother.

"Yeah," Unten added, saying as little as possible, like normal. "Jounin," he stated in his sorta-annoyed-but-just-not-caring voice while pointing at himself, then slowly moving his hand back and forth between the two.

"Yeap. We're your jounin teachers! So, you'll have to listen to us, like how a baby hawk listens to its parent before it pushes it out of the nest, falling until it learns to fly," Oben added on, in a much more cheerful voice before stopping a bit and slowing down until the end, which left a second's pause, "...until it smashes down into the ground, breaking every bone in its body, since it wasn't prepared. But! We won't do that to you. We'll make sure you're ready, right?"

Unten nodded, not really caring about the total analogy, nor the severity of it.
CodingsShow
Yumegokochi: [center][color=#79CDCD][font=Georgia][big][[sub][/sub]][/big][/font][/color][/center]

CDF

The Ebb and Flow of Time

Post by CDF » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:56 am

Hito watched the twins with fascination. These twins were perfect examples of Suna’s superiority. Where else would such a clan exist?

The first brother was rather talkative while the second one seemed uninterested, lethargic maybe. They really intrigued Hito. Especially once the lethargic brother said they were Jounin.

Hito gave a sharp intake of breath in slight shock and embarrassment before bowing his head rather low. “I apologize for my mistake, senpai. I’m honored to have such honorable teachers.”

Hito was actually more surprised than honored. It was a little hard to picture being taught by such small Jounin, but Hito knew more than to judge by appearance, especially in Suna.
- zenchou

Zangy

The Ebb and Flow of Time

Post by Zangy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Oben laughed at the apology, while a slight grin came across Unten's face. This kid was very formal. That'd be one thing that they'd have to change. Formality was a good thing, but being overly formal was bad. Learn to live and all that junk.

"Oh, yeah! I had almost forgotten a very important part of our very first meeting, right, brother?" he asked out loud, turning to his brother, who, in turn, simply nodded in his normal quick and one-time method. "Our names, of course! I'm Oben of the Doppel clan, as you can already tell," he laughed, thinking himself to be way too forgetful for a first meeting.

"Unten," the older twin muttered, pointing to himself as he normally did.

"We're both pretty decent in ninjutsu, each having our own little style that we used to fight, right?" he questioned, already knowing the answer, but continuing anyways, which Unten responded with another nod. "We're exceptionally good at taijutsu and kenjutsu, since we each use our own weapon and can fight with it and only use one hand, like a mountain climber of Lightning Country that climbs the tall peaks using one hand to support themselves then their other hand to go up higher and higher until they reach the very tip of the cliff, right?" the jounin explained, forming another question, which his brother simply nodded once more.

Taking the stage, Unten uttered just a simple phrase that summed up the rest of their abilities, "Genjutsu sucks," to which his brother just nodded sheepishly. They did suck at genjutsu.
CodingsShow

CDF

The Ebb and Flow of Time

Post by CDF » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Hito rose his head and watched his new teachers carefully. They were strange. One was obviously a talker and the other was quite the opposite. It was a little strange and annoying, but having them be different could be an advantage. Three different fighters that work together correctly was better than three people that fight the exact same way.

“It’s an honor to meet you, Senpai.” He spoke truthfully, looking respectfully into the eyes of his new teachers as they summarized their abilities. They seemed skilled. Hito couldn’t help but smirk at one of the brothers comment about Genjutsu.

“I’m rather untalented now that I compare myself to you two. My specialty is Ninjutsu. Specifically, Ouji Jutsu. I have only a couple of futon Jutsu, but I plan on learning more. I’m not much of a taijutsu user, but I use more taijutsu than genjutsu.”
- zenchou

Zangy

The Ebb and Flow of Time

Post by Zangy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Both twins nodded, each in their own way. Genjutsu could be something that they all worked on together, since they were all horrible at it. Maybe they could just all practice on one another to get better or get someone else to help them with the art of illusions. Of course, that would be at a later date. Today was just a basic meeting; nothing more nothing less. Beforehand, Unten had requested that today be a simple and short meeting and get back home to work on the new wave of puppets.

The puppets weren't really that big of an issue, though. They'd get done, eventually. Today was more important. A bond was to be formed! A bond of master and apprentice! Or something like that. Whatever, Unten didn't really care and Oben knew that he didn't, but oh well, meetings go on.

"Today's going to be a rather short meeting, though, about the length as freshly cut weeds, right brother?"

Unten, as if on command nodded. "Train in the morning," he uttered, as if it was more of a command than a true question, which is what it was intended to be. Oben knew the inflections of his brother's voice enough to know that it was indeed a question, but Hito on the other hand, probably wouldn't.

"Would you be fine with that?" the younger twin asked, making sure the time was fine. They'd get started doing the actual training later, but getting this out of the way would be a good start to the remainder of the day.
CodingsShow

CDF

The Ebb and Flow of Time

Post by CDF » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Hito nodded enthusiastically at his new mentors. They were very strange, even a little irritating with the weird sayings. But they were hard workers, Hito was glad he had teachers that weren’t lazy.

“Morning is more than fine with me. Anytime you want to train, I’m up for it.” Hito smiled at them, he was starting to get more comfortable around the twins.
- zenchou

Zangy

The Ebb and Flow of Time

Post by Zangy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:16 pm

Following their normal approving motion, the twins both nodded in unison. Of course, even though they started, Unten's single nod was over much faster than Oben's. "Even though we're not going to do any training today, we're not going to end the day early. We have to use up all the time of the day, else it'll be a waste, and wasting time is just a horrible thing, right?

"Right," the jounin responded with his standard nod.

"Now is the time to see if you're as fast as a centipede, or maybe even a snake! Are you going to be able to catch us?" Oben asked, as he jumped into his brother's body, fusing fully before popping out of the back as Unten fused back in, letting them instantaneously change direction as the two ninja ran off into the distance.
CodingsShow

CDF

The Ebb and Flow of Time

Post by CDF » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Hito smiled with amusement as they spoke. Time was not a good thing to waste. It made him think of his clan and his powers.

Truly, time was not good to waste.

With a playful smile, Hito sped forward after his new masters. He couldn’t catch them with the incredible speed difference he now realized there was between them, which only made it more fun.

This would be a productive team. Hito got lucky.

Suna got lucky.
- zenchou

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”