*Mission* Hammer time

Checkmate

*Mission* Hammer time

Post by Checkmate » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:04 pm

An old woman sat on her porch with a table before her. She was working on a puzzle that depicted a hammer. It looked rather normal, but the woman seemed intent on finishing it. She had hired a young lad to find the remaining piece. She had lost it when her friend had given it to her.

WrightJustice

*Mission* Hammer time

Post by WrightJustice » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Futegai arrived at the old lady's house waving with a gentle smile written across his face.
"Hi!" he shouted as he ran up to the porch
"I heard you were having trouble with some finding something" he spoke very friendily.

Checkmate

*Mission* Hammer time

Post by Checkmate » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:14 pm

"Why hello there, young man. Yes, I am lost a piece of this puzzle here. I must have left it at my cousin's house. She lives at this address." She said, giving the boy a slip of paper. "Go there, and ask her if she has it. If she does, please bring it back to me."

WrightJustice

*Mission* Hammer time

Post by WrightJustice » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:05 pm

Futegai nodded and accepted the peice of paper in a compliant and kind fashion.
"Ok, will do" he spoke gently.
The boy quickly bounced to the sandy streets of Sunagakure as hesearched the building for the right adress.

Checkmate

*Mission* Hammer time

Post by Checkmate » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:26 pm

The search too the boy to the other side of the village, in the high society part of town. The house was quite large, and was totally white, contrasting the color of the houses around it. The mail box said '378' which matched the number on the note.

WrightJustice

*Mission* Hammer time

Post by WrightJustice » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Spotting a rather oddly coloured large house admist the much blander houses of the village Futegai noticed the number was the same as noted on his slip.
"Oooh here it is... what a strange house" he muttered towards himself
The genin walked up the path and knocked on the front door not knowing what to expect as he stood there patiently with a ready smile upon his face.

Checkmate

*Mission* Hammer time

Post by Checkmate » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:56 pm

"Just a minute!" cried out an old lady within the building. After a moment, the lady came to the door and greeted the boy. "Oh, Hi. Who are you, little boy?"

WrightJustice

*Mission* Hammer time

Post by WrightJustice » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Futegai smiled at the woman with a little pleasent nod.
"I am Futegai a genin of this village and I was sent here to try and find a puzzle piece that your sister believes she left here" he spoke politely.

Checkmate

*Mission* Hammer time

Post by Checkmate » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:39 pm

The woman brightened. "Oh, is that all? I was wondering when my sister would send for it. If you would, just wait here, and I'll go get it for you. Just a minute." She left the door open, and waddled off into the house, whistling while she went.

She returned a few minutes later with a small paper bag. "There you go," She said. "If you want, I have some cake inside, I just made it. Would you like a slice?" She asked.

((The cake is a lie.))

WrightJustice

*Mission* Hammer time

Post by WrightJustice » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Futegai accepted the bag peering inside to see the puzzle piece when the woman also offered some cake.
"Oh no sorry I couldn't possibly destroy what is probably such a wonderful delight, besides your sister will probably be wanting me back pretty soon." the boy turned down the slice of cake very mannerably as he prepared to rush off back to the other oldies house.

Checkmate

*Mission* Hammer time

Post by Checkmate » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:50 pm

The puzzle piece was indeed in the bag, as she promised. The elderly woman frowned a bit when her offer was refused, but she understood. She too had once been a ninja, and knew how hord it could be. One could never stop if they wanted to bring glory to the village.

She sighed. "Well, if you are sure, I suppose that's alright. Say hi to my sister for me!" She said, waving fare well. She closed the door, and returned to her baking, singing all the way.

WrightJustice

*Mission* Hammer time

Post by WrightJustice » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:54 pm

Futegai nodded and waved towards the old woman as he dash along the sandy streets and bolted it back to the other old lady's house.
"Hello!" He shouted as he arrived.
"I have the piece and your sister says hi, she offered my a slice of cake but I turned it down thinking you would want be back asap" his tone was of happiness and slight excitement as he waved the bag before him.

Checkmate

*Mission* Hammer time

Post by Checkmate » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Ooh, yay," the woman said in excitement. The took the bag, and tore it open, pulling out the puzzle piece. "Thank you so much," She said. She walked over to the table that the puzzle was on, and placed the piece carefully into the empty space. "There," She said with a tone of satisfaction. She smoothed the puzzle with her old, wrinkled hands, declaring the puzzle completed. "Have a good day!" She said.

Pass

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”