The Wheel Folk Blues

PureWillPower
Location: I had to walk to school uphill in the snow, 5 miles, both ways.....Yes I lived in Florida. Don't ruin my memories with your logic.

The Wheel Folk Blues

Post by PureWillPower » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:23 pm

Ken just rolled along the side of the couch and drank from his gourd. The puppet had a set of cup holders in the armrest. A very decided improvement. "Yeah. Before my parents died, the three of us lived here. It was the house I was born in." He sat the gourd of soda in his cupholder and looked around then to her. "This is actually the design my parents had. I only made one change. I put a door guard at the bottom of the stairwell.
Characters made of PureWillP0wer
VillageNameRankRenownMissionsColor Code
Sakugu TsubumeGenin--FFE134
Taku YukoJounin200-008008

Yasashikaze Seiken

The Wheel Folk Blues

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:38 pm

Rubi tilted her head to the side, only just now noticing the doorstopper at the back of the staircase. Eying it curiously, she took another sip from her gourd. She looked around, realizing that she saw no wheelchair friendly access points for the upstairs. "Hey Kenjiro? How do you get upstairs?" she asked, a bit too tired to consider tact as part of her speech.

The soda had given her a slight energy boost, and Rubi was using every bit of it she could get.
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]
Inactive/Dead CharactersShow
A-Rank Missing Nin KumogakureRanpu HanteiRyokuSister Peace • Status: Inactive
Chunin SunagakureIbara RubiBourou • Status: Inactive
Xavier: "The brand of loyalty you inspire is... interesting."
Cable: "Hammer nurses a grudge like it's a teat."
Xavier: "Weren't you responsible for his quadriplegia?"
Cable: "Never said the grudge wasn't justified."

PureWillPower
Location: I had to walk to school uphill in the snow, 5 miles, both ways.....Yes I lived in Florida. Don't ruin my memories with your logic.

The Wheel Folk Blues

Post by PureWillPower » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:59 pm

Kenjiro looked over to them and ponted to the railing. "I back up to the stairs and pull myself up each step using the railings. Its a great way to ensure one is tired when heading the bed."

Yasashikaze Seiken

The Wheel Folk Blues

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:06 pm

Rubi winced inwardly, realizing the incredible amount of effort that took. She knew that his new wheelchair was lighter, but the staircase was pretty decently sized. Part of her wanted to ask why he simply didn't have a ramp installed, but she could guess as to what his answer might be. Hoping to divert her attention from that depressing turn of events, she began examining the gourd she now sipped soda from.

"What are these, by the way?" she inquired a she examined the gourd. "I don't remember seeing this the last time we went to the Sandsea."
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]

PureWillPower

The Wheel Folk Blues

Post by PureWillPower » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Ken held his gourd up like he was a model showcasing a new product. "The Sandsea Gourd. Using a natural gourd to house the fizzy drink, it preserves the fizz and the flavor. A gourd can also be stored underground to cool down in the hot sand and not allow anything inside to contaminate the drink. These are sold exclusively to Shinobi." He then pointed back to his fridge. "I buy mine a hundred at a time."

Yasashikaze Seiken

The Wheel Folk Blues

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 pm

Rubi downed the rest of her soda, feeling the cool fizzy liquid slide down the back of her throat. Rubi blinked a few times, realizing that sleep was claiming her quickly. "Well, I'm gonna go take a nap before I pass out," she told him as she ascended the stairs.

Making her way to the room, Rubi flopped down on the bed, letting the soft fluffy bed and comforter coax her muscles into relaxation. It wasn't too long before she fell asleep, her breath evening out.
Active CharactersShow

PureWillPower

The Wheel Folk Blues

Post by PureWillPower » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:02 pm

Ken just smiled as she made her way up the stairs and too the first door on the left. Knowing she would be asleep soon, he wheeled his chair over to the door quietly and slipped out. He wanted to give his puppet a good run through to test the new features over his old chair.

Yasashikaze Seiken

The Wheel Folk Blues

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:14 am

The sun still burned brightly over Sunagakure, with a pleasant arctic wind providing relief from the desert heat. Other than the small breeze, the weather was clear, perfect for a test drive.

Off in the distance, the sand twins were still going at it. Lord knows neither would be willing to consent to defeat anytime soon. Maybe Kenjiro could request their services in testing his wheels?
Fin
Active CharactersShow

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”