Praise Be to Those Chosen

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:22 am

Inka had been given two days, for...well, nothing in particular, just two days. Hito had said they'd reunite to discuss in two days, so Inka spent two uneventful days ensuring he did nothing to get on Hito's bad side. By doing nothing to get on Hito's bad side, of course, meant not doing anything at all. After leaving his meeting, Inka went home, sat in the center of his front room, and stayed exactly there. Escaping into the recesses of his own mind and allowing his body to simply sit in stasis. He wasn't biological anymore, he didn't eat, need to breath, use the bathroom, so he simply sat and waited for two days to pass.

When the time came, Inka's eyes glowed, and his body stood as he took control of it. Channeling chakra into his hands he placed one on Shinji's forehead, awakening his body and allowing it to rise as well. "We've got a meeting to attend.", Inka explained. It was more for the onlookers, than for Shinji though. Onlookers Inka was confident was there, even if he couldn't sense them anymore.

"Yes.", Shinji responded, "You don't think that my presence will be threatening?", Shinji inquired.

Inka shook his head, smiling, "We go as friends, as fellow disciples to the same Lady. There is no need for fear.", he winked after this and made his way out the door. Onto the Kage's doorstep as quickly as he could. Today would be a good day.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

CDF

Post by CDF » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:44 am

Today had to be perfect. The pressure to do it right was so great, that the great young Kage was nervous for the first time since he had been inaugurated. His actions from today forward could easily result in one of the best things to ever happen to Suna and perhaps even the world, or it could result in the creation of the world's next big villain.

Hito lived his life in the future, oftentimes seeing it far more clearly than the present. He could easily see Inka as a savior, a figure that symbolized Suna's power and influence around the world through his miraculous abilities and actions. He could even predict the power struggle between him and Kiyori, who Hito suspected would become surprisingly ruthless in such situations. Religion did that to people, which is also part of what worried him so much about Inka.

The only thing more dangerous than a religious man, is a man who believes he is his own religion. Inka had the confidence and arrogance of a prophet backed by genuinely divine powers. It would be a hard concept to work on, but Hito was willing to commit every ounce of his abilities to molding the young Jinchuriki. He had neglected his duty with Inka up until now, but he planned on making up for lost time.

When Inka arrived, he'd find Hito waiting patiently in his chair, eyes closed and imagining the future as he liked to do for fun. Today, he chose to focus on an optimistic simulation of this training. One where he, Inka, Kiyori, Sueatsu and Shikimori led Suna to be the unchallenged cultural superpower of the world.

It was pleasant.

The staff would have directed him to walk into the office with the open doors, at which point Hito would take a moment before suddenly opening his eyes and standing. "Right on time, I appreciate the punctuality. We've got a lot to do today, so unless you have any questions, ready for a walk and to answer some questions for me?" Hito smiled politely and respectfully at the young boy. He made no attempt to exert his authority, the Jinchuriki was already here, he clearly understood Hito's position. Any further emphasis would just be a matter of Hito's pride. Instead, he treated him like an equal, because just to get him to believe themselves to be real equals would be a victory in and of itself.

Walking towards the door, he continued with his usual chatty, direct way. "Of course, I've been briefed by everybody and their mothers on how they think your hosting of Shishire works. They all have vivid descriptions of the nature of it as well as Shishire itself, but after our last conversation it became clear to me that we don't have a clue." He looked back for a moment of eye contact before walking out the door and expecting him to follow, confidently making his way through the hallways that were buzzing with young staff. He again made quick visual contact before talking, "Tell me, how do you speak to Shishire? Is it just a back and forth of voices or is it a fluid stream of thought? Is there a visual aspect to it?" Perhaps for the first time, the person asking about his genma would genuinely sound like somebody who was curious and not concerned.
- zenchou
Most intense. Mission. EVER.
[color=#C9B037]Ouji Hito Kazekage[/color] Sunagakure no Sato
Wakatsuki, Zai A-ranked Missing Ninja Kumogakure no Sato

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Inka followed the directions in silence, and arrived to Hito's office without a word, standing before the Kage as he took his time with addressing Inka's presence...how inconsiderate. When he did acknowledge him, he mentioned a walk. Not something Inka would be fond of, inquisitive ears were all around and Inka was confident that this conversation would not be one that he'd want others to intercept. But the will of the Kazekage was the will of the Sun, and whatever She wanted, Inka would follow.

Nodding in agreement, Inka follow Hito obediently. His hands in his pockets, Shinji trailing behind them by several feet, his presence known, but not interfering with the two of them. Hito's initial question was simple, but in many ways, complex. After all, Inka didn't talk to Shishire at all anymore. For all intents, Inka was Shishire...or vice versa. Could he even tell anymore?

He decided quickly that he shouldn't lay all his cards out yet. Especially in such an open forum. For now, he'd assume the secondary bit of his soul he had stored within himself is, in essence, Shishire, for the purpose of Hito's questioning. If he needed to expand on that, well..Hito just needed to ask.

"It's conversational.", he responded. It was a short answer, but Inka's face gave away that he had much more to that to give. "Shishire's presence within me is much like having a second person within my brain. When I withdraw into the Jinchuurinki realm...where Shishire and I can commune, its no different than you and I talking. Shishire expresses emotions, has body language, speaks some thoughts and reserves others. As do I...there are times when he has access to the full depths of my psyche and other times when he his restricted only to the information I present. Our bond is...complex.", he explained.

He paused, considering leaving it there. Was there a need to give more information, "When I'm not, however, Shishire has the capacity to contribute to my own consciousness, yes. Less so now, but when I was in less control he could speak into my head, insert thoughts into my mind. Now...its just a secondary thought. If you are considering what to have for lunch, you may think ramen, then go no, dangos. Shishire contributes thoughts in much the same way, just a part of my own thoughts, but distinctly separate still. ", that was enough for now. Hito could extrapolate what information he wanted from that
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

CDF

Post by CDF » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:28 pm

The conversation naturally piqued his interest. Hito was above all an academic and intellectual, he spent considerable time with his eyes closed trying to outline and understand complex and abstract ideas. The nature of human thought was one such mystery that fascinated him. He followed along attentively, striding through the hallways of the Kage building.

At first, they had walked through the main hallways, but quickly, Hito was beginning to take turns usually left alone. He was going through doors that had fewer and fewer decorations and maintenance, and very soon, they only ever passed by janitorial and kitchen staff, speaking the entire time.

"I see, so like two people but with the added complexity of being able to reach into each other's minds. For a long time and even somewhat today, the way I thought and think was similar. I frequently had different personas and voices within my mind that had different tendencies and personality traits, usually reflections of base emotions and thoughts that would debate within my mind. My main narrative was one such voice, and the one I most related to, but many times it was hard to tell which one was really me, as they, well, all were. I imagine it's even more mind-boggling when it's an actual different entity with its own series of thoughts.

But it doesn't seem like that's quite right."
Again, he sounded more curious than accusatory. He had stopped walking now in a dusty room, coated with the dust of broken rocks, cut wood and plenty of sand. It looked much like a room that had just been built today. "It feels like it's even less segmented than I'm implying from what you just said. Can you always tell when it's your narrative versus shishire? Is it always even either one of you, or are you able to have merged thoughts as well? In other words, even if it may alternate rapidly, does somebody always technically have to be in control of what's being thought, or are your consciences able to work in tandem to produce thoughts?"
- zenchou

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:39 pm

Inka often wondered, as any intelligent person who's belief system was derived from faith should, how different his perspective would be if his faith was misplaced. Talking to Hito he forced himself to read between lines that he wasn't entirely sure was there, in the event She was trying to guide him through Hito's words. He wondered, as his mind inspect each word and inflection, how foolish this endeavor would be if there was no Light to guide Hito. If he had backed the wrong deity. Some would call this sacrilege. How could a self-ascribed disciple question the existence of the Goddess he served? But, it was this inclination towards doubt that Inka felt made him a worthy follower.

"It doesn't seem quite right?", Inka responded, his voice (intentionally) revealing his disbelief in Hito's response. His face was painted with cynicism, really, what was with this guy. "It can seem however it want.", he was frustrated, "But that's how it is.", he wasn't quite snapping back at Hito, but it was obvious he was displeased with that response. If Hito was going to call Inka a liar, he should have at least had the guts to say it outright instead of this faux respect he was presenting right now.

The facade of a scholar Hito was putting on, someone inquisitive of Inka's inner mechanisms, and not someone who was investigating Inka's loyalty, felt dishonest. Of course, Inka could hardly be one to chastise someone for dishonestly, he'd hardly been forthright himself. "We are two distinct minds that occupy a single realm of thought. There is no mixing or merging.", he said shortly. This was true, of course, when Shishire and Inka had been distinct beings. Now, not so much, but, this was information Hito had not yet earned the privilege of having access to.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

CDF

Post by CDF » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:04 pm

What a difficult boy. The only endearing qualities Hito had found in him so far were his intelligence and his honesty, but both were downplayed by his low opinion of everyone around him and his consistent holding back of the truth. Hito wouldn't go so far as to say he was lying, but he was certainly not being completely open. Hito had done his due diligence, he had spoken with Akihito. Regardless of how unprecedented Inka was, everything told him the relationship between the boy and the genma was more complex, especially since their merging.

But he didn't really hold it against him. He had no reason to like Hito yet, and just because he was used to being worshipped didn't mean that Inka's behavior was inherantly bad. He had to give it all a chance and understand the Jinchuriki better, for everyone's sake. If he hadn't intervened, there was a massive chance Inka would be dead and Suna would be out their most powerful tool. He couldn't stand the idea of losing a life that didn't need to be lost, and admittedly had plans for what Inka could do.

Taking a step back, he decided to keep his focusing on being direct. The boy was offended easily, despite his abrasive and witholding behavior. He made eye contact and allowed himself to sound a little weaker than before, a humanization and equliazing of their statures. "I don't think you're lying to me, Inka." His tone was somber, "You're holding back, I'm sure, but I don't blame you. The problem here is that we're discussing something I can only attempt to imagine, your relationship with Shishire is beyond unique, it's borderline incomprehensible for anybody but you. Not that I'll let that stop me from trying." He flashed a genuine smile now, finally moving to the door and opening it.

"To be honest, I have two main goals here, Inka." As he spoke, he stepped outside to what was clearly a construction site. Workers were climbing up and down scaffolds, sweating and working dilligently. They didn't seem at all distrubed by the appearance of the two, having been warned previous and being used to Hito randomly showing up to talk. "I want to understand you better and to guide you into becoming the greatest tool for Her Light as possible. These are both goals that I also hold for myself and am always aspiring to."

He had stopped now, considering how true his words were. Kiyori's encouner with an ancient altar to their Goddess that bestowed her with the power of the sun as well as a spirit that spoke on behalf of the religion had rocked Hito's world a little. He had developed a theory that what most saw as religion was merely interactions with creature from other realms, but with each day, it felt more powerful and complex than that. His faith had gone through a rollercoaster ride of uncertainty, but he was slowly finding himself returning to this ancient religion. He didn't understand it, and that drove him insane, but something told him he had to serve it.

"So today, I thought we could start with a reminder to us both. We may be blessed, but only for the betterment of our peoplle." With that, he looked around to the hardworkers surrounding them. "Their blood, sweat and tears are the reason we have our abilities, the reason we exist. We weren't put on this world for our own benefit. And if we're going to help them," He turned again to look at the boy, "We need to understand them. We can talk more during the break, for now, split up and help out without using any chakra."

Honetly, he wasn't sure how great an idea this was. Being one of the most intelligent people on earth wasn't enough to know how to handle a child. Especially when you were so young yourself. But the lesson's intention rang true, if Inka believed himself to be a prophet, he had to fully understand who he was a prophet to. Hito also got the feeling he would benefit from short lessons with intervals between them for digestion, otherwise he had an inclanation for going against authority.

There was a good chance it wouldn't work, but they had plenty of time to try other plans if so.
- zenchou

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Inka frowned. This was frustrating. He was getting a lot of mixed signals from Hito and it was hard for him to really figure out where he stood. As he walked with Hito he made sure to gesture as if he was listening intently, but really his mind was wandering into it's depths.

"You shouldn't trust him, but you're going to.", the darker Inka goaded. He wasn't wrong. Well, of course he wasn't, he was Inka. "You're gonna tell him about us?", he inquired from his throne.

"Do you think that's the right option right now?", Inka responded, pacing back and forth before the throne. "He certainly seems convincing.", he mused. "At this point, we may be doing more harm than good by keeping this secret." was he wrong?

"Perhaps, but, if you let him in and he is not pleased, what will you do in the moment?", it was a good question.

"We have Shinji.", the other Inka scoffed from the throne. Shinji would hardly be a huge boon against the Kazekage, "Besides, if we both serve Her, then our actions should garner no ill response from the Kazekage.", he said matter-of-factly

"And if SHe's turned her back on you?", he asked. Inka merely shook his head in response. No, she would never do that. He had no concern for this.

"The mindscape of a Jinchuurinki is incomprehensible. Mine even more so. I wonder what you gain from this, seeking an understanding of something you can't experience. Surely if you desired it so you'd bond a spirit to yourself, no?" it seemed obvious really. Why implore Inka for answer's he didn't have if Hito could simply fashion the experience for himself, "Even then, you wouldn't be experiencing it the same way I do. If Spirits are wells of knowledge. Genma...Shishire, is endless. The very knowledge of the universe is contained within his soul.", Inka made a gesture with his hands to signify the expanse.

"Its truly awe-inspiring.", he paused, still following the Kazekage's steps.

"My point being. I could explain for days my experiences with Shishire's mind so close to my own and your understanding of it would likely be no closer to where you are now. You could seek to mimic my experience for yourself in hopes of understanding and your experience would be tangential at best. I suppose if the opportunity had existed anymore, you could take Shishire for yourself. But, that'd be counter-intuitive to what you say you want.", and there it was. That was the bait. He didn't say it outright, and he was sure that if Hito latched onto it as he expected him to, they'd return to privacy for Inka to discuss more in depth with him.

"Akihito lacks this type of sight though. His sight is clouded by the Darkness. He see's no options beyond those that display his own authority. Weakness. Flaws of man.", Inka spoke in an almost poetic voice at this point. These were things that Inka spoke of with distance, things he would easily claim to have no comprehension of anymore.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

CDF

Post by CDF » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:58 pm

Hito paused as Inka finished speaking, never getting to his bit about the citizens they serve. Probably for the best, he had a feeling it wouldn't have been a good exercise with Inka. This was far better in every way. His attention had been captured the moment Inka said more than five words, it immediately sounded like he was opening up. It felt less reserved and guarded and Hito knew this was a moment in the interaction that had the potential for more, though he had yet any way to know how or why.

As the Jinchuriki explained his relationship with the genma and the nature of the beat itself, Hito practically frothed at the mouth. He envisioned himself studying every topic he had any faint interest in, using the Genma's knowledge to his advantage. He was already in love with the idea of studying the nature of souls and was amused to hear Inka bring up that very desire he once had for a flickering moment.

Stopping when they were outside and facing him quietly for a moment, he processed and considered his next words. He gave it great thought, thought it only took a second. Despite the opportunity to switch to a conversation that was more revealing, Hito took the moment to try and expand the boy's mind beyond the zealous soldier he saw today. He tilted his head up, looking in Inka's direction but angled so that half of his face was completely in the son. His eyes closed and his face looked satisfied as he spoke,

"I used to be a very dedicated shinobi. I worked every day and night to honor my family and my village. I committed myself 100% to nothing but the Sun and those that bask in her light. But at one point, I considered: if what She wanted was a dedicated but creative robot, why wouldn't she just make one?" He looked back down, bringing his face into the shade and smiling at the Jinchuriki. "While I wish to understand your relationship and Shishire for the sake of molding you, I'm also just extremely curious. I have desires in this world that aren't all related to my faith, some are just who I am. And that's okay, for there has never been any reason to believe that'd be against Her wishes. So unless it interferes with the well-being of my people, I will just about always attempt to understand that which can not be understood." Smiling the genuine smile of somebody admitting something they liked about themselves, he made eye contact and continued. His smile slowly faded to a blank, earnest state."I would be lying if I said I never considered putting the Genma within me. Who would have a greater chance of being able to control the genma? But then I considered what would happen if I couldn't, the risks ended up being too unacceptable." Sighing with genuine sadness, his mind once again flirting with the possibilities. Him with the soul genma. It would have been marvelous, he could have the chance to dissect the mechanism of life itself. Souls were a continuation of the being, it was omnipresent and if contained the secrets to so much.

"That not being an option, my next best choice is to understand vicariously through you. I'll be the bitter parent that watches their kid do everything they wanted to," He was chuckling slightly now, genuinely amused by the metaphor and being his true self in Inka's presence, somebody who found himself amusing. "Together we can do and discover amazing things. We can spread Her Light to levels not present since the dawn of time. So if you're interested, I'll take us somewhere we can talk more privately."

It had been a long winded response, but something about his withdrawn nature made Hito want to be even more talkative than he already was. He despised silence between individuals since childhood. If he had to share a space with somebody, it drove him crazy if nobody was talking. But this was more than that, something told him it was the best weapon against his walls and possibly Shishire's influence.

As he finished speaking, he reached out an open hand for the Jinchuriki to grasp. It would be the first time they had actually made physical contact, and Hito considered that significant. This moment had great potential. If Inka made contact, the two of them would teleport into his realm.

His realm was a replica of Suna, but different. The buildings were taller, the streets were wider. Buildings all had vegetation on their roofs with fruits never seen in the village before. Entire zones within the village had been turned into parks and the sun somehow seemed to bask. The sun was setting and a soft orange light hit the portion of the city, the edge of the realm giving the illusion of containing it entirely. It was still a work in progress.

They would arrive on the roof of the Kage building which was the same height for now.
- zenchou

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:30 am

Inka's face revealed his frustration, more intentionally than not. Hito was a man of many words, he liked to talk. And Inka didn't enjoy this trait. He used a lot of words to say very little. It was revealing of his character, someone who enjoyed listening to himself. This was sinful, but, Inka knew better than to judge so outright. If this man had been chosen by The SUn then she had a plan for him, regardless of the flaws. Even Inka had his sins, he had come to terms with that as he debated whether to not he should be honest with Hito. Personality flaws were sins, no less than any other, but Inka knew that as a man, he was inherently flawed. Only the Sun was perfect.

However, this didn't stop Inka from wanting to make it clear to Hito that he was not pleased with the showy personality. Talk, get to the point. This was not where Inka wanted to be. He had things he needed to do, bodies he needed to find, and tests he needed to conduct with the souls. He didn't have the patience to deal with Hito's constant blathering about nothing.

"This is excessive.", he said flatly. Perhaps a direct approach would be better. He knew they were both playing the same game. Trying to milk the information they needed out of each other through various tactics. Inka was far less adept at this, not that he would admit it. But, he had methods still, and he just needed Hito to stop with all the extra words and get to the point.

"All the anecdotes and metaphors and such. Its excessive.", he was making no attempt to hide his annoyance. "I've already told you you wouldn't ever understand. You've conceded to it. Why continue to pry if we both acknowledge we'll get no where?", Hito's gesture of unity, of some religious super-team did not appeal to Inka. He felt largely abandoned by the institution Hito represented. He felt no true love or connection for Suna beyond an obligation by his mission. He would save these people, yes, but not out of sentimental value. He would save these people out of purpose.

"We both have our purpose here.", he said casually. He didn't enjoy that he was having to carry the conversation this way. He didn't want to play his hand more than he needed to, but he could tell this wasn't getting anywhere. "I imagine my purpose is more philosophical while yours is practical but its irrelevant. Please, Kazekage, lets skip this and you ask me what you need to know.", he had set everything up at this point. He'd given Hito an in, now he'd force Hito's hand. This was only short of shouting that he'd consumed the Soul Genma's very essence with his own. And that just wasn't within Inka's character to do.

"I think privacy would be fitting at this point.", Inka's face gave away waves of emotion in a purposeful and exact manner. Ever in control, Inka was doing everything he could to guide this chatterbox Kage into the information they both wanted to be the subject of conversation, whether Hito knew that or not...
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

CDF

Post by CDF » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:18 am

Ah, so that's how it would work. He had the vague feeling that being less direct with Inka would prove fruitful, despite how contrary an idea that was to the boy's personality. Now he understood why his intuition was telling him that: because it annoyed him and he was impatient.

Inka was practically begging to be able to tell Hito what he wanted to know, in exchange for him talking less. The question now was whether or not he should.
Split line of thoughtShow
He could see it. Hito, Inka and Kiyori standing atop the Kage building looking down at the village. He could see flashes of Kiyori leading the people on the day to day, being its ambassador to all the nations and improving/continuing the many plans Hito had set in motion. He could see the village growing, wind country becoming more populated. And then he saw the altars, the religious groups, the pilgrimage of faithfuls from around the world to Wind Country. All for a chance to hear from the mouthpiece of Her Light.

He saw Inka travelling the world, each spot he touched becoming a seed for Suna's religion and culture to spread from.

A perfect possible future scenario.
Smiling at Inka's words, his tone and wordiness didn't change at all. "I respect your honesty, but this is who I am and it's how I talk. I convey meaning through metaphors and stories and I always strive to understand those around me and any mysteries of the world that I know I won't ever actually be able to understand. If you're willing to put up with that, grab my hand and I'll take us somewhere more private." Again, he motioned his open hand towards Inka to grab like as if to shake.

The moment he did so, the two would be enveloped in Jikukan and teleported to his personal realm, their presence immediately effecting his stamina. Standing on the previously described rooftop, Hito would continue again, this time while moving to sit in one of the very comfortable lawn chairs that were on the edge of the rooftop. The same chairs he had once sat with Kiyori to understand her views on their shared religion.

Sitting down and keeping his gaze on the horizon, he continued. "The differences between our purposes are far from irrelevant, they're central. I'd actually like to hear about that first, before anything else. What do you see as being your mission in life, Inka? You clearly have some great ambition and purpose fueling you."
JutsuShow
Open Space: Homebound
B-ranked Jikukan Ninjutsu
After channeling Jikukan throughout his body, Hito essentially phases his body through space and time to his personal realm instead of creating a full portal. This teleportation is slower than if he had created a portal and stepped through it, but it happens at a speed of 20. With direct contact, he can also perform this jutsu along with other people, so long as they're all willing.

Multi-track Mind
A-ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Prereq: 45 Instinct, [Perception]
Long ago realizing that being able to think harder and faster was only helpful to a point, Hito dedicated himself to thinking about multiple things at once. After years of practice, he's now capable of maintaining up to four different streams of thought at once. These streams can be just him thinking through an idea, or visualizing something or even recalling a memory. While he is capable of this incredible feat, once he's past two different streams of thought, he often has to pause and make sure he's not mixing up the streams. For this reason, he generally doesn't go beyond two when in combat or stressful situations.
- zenchou

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:11 am

Inka’s brow furrowed in frustration. This guy. He extended his hand, basically accepting that his personality was annoying, and gestured for Inka to go with him. He closed his eyes momentarily, collecting himself and quelling his frustration before reaching out and taking Hito’s hand. They were propelled through space and time and as Inka’s feet met with the roof top, he looked around collecting himself temporally. So this was the famed Jikukan? He’d heard of it, and he had some vague understanding of it that he was sure came from Shishire, but this was his first time experiencing it. He made a mental note, pinning the thought to the wall. This was something he’d need to explore more thoroughly when it was appropriate.

Honestly, he was getting tired of Hito. His faith in the Kazekage was slowly waning away the more his talked. Inka was a boy of purpose. He had drive and worked towards completion. Hito seemed...idle. Unbothered by the ticking of time, the setting of the sun and the passing of moments. Inka felt every second in this conversation as time he could be spent doing other things. Immortality had not yet taken effect on Inka’s mind, and he felt limited in options. Perhaps this was still true. Even if Inka had an eternity to change the world, he wanted nothing more for it to be changed. Infinite time did not need to be used, even if it was available.

”My mission?”, he repeated, curiously. ”To serve the Sun and Her Light. To shine. And to spread it.”, he paused. ”Difficult to do without permission to leave the village.”, he shot at Hito. This was true.

”I exist to spread Her Light. To do away with the darkness and to save those who are captured in it.”, he said this with a tone to suggest obviousness. This was something Hito should have known about Inka, after all. If Hito served her, then his purpose was all the same. Inka had resigned himself to the fact that everyone served Her in different ways and perhaps Hito’s methodology was different from Inka’s, even if he didn’t agree with it. Again, they had purpose and a reason based on Her will and Inka would question it even if he was left unsure about it.

Inka was still standing, his arms hanging at his side unnaturally. Immortality had not yet taken a hold on Inka, but the disconnect from his mind and body certainly had. His unbreathing body, unblinking eyes, and distance from the natural drive for comfort that most people had certainly had to stand out against the observant eyes Hito had. Inka stared into the sunset unwaivering, ”Why else?”, he asked matter-of-factly.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

CDF

Post by CDF » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:50 am

While being irritating was starting to prove to be useful, he had to make sure to keep an eye on it. There was a fine line between this being helpful and it being detrimental. For now, it was getting him a closer look into Inka's mind.

What most struck him was the feeling that Inka expected Hito to either already know this or to naturally feel/think the same way. It was occurring to him that Inka may consider his way of thinking to be inherently morally right because he was blessed by Her Light. An interpretation of his religion that Hito didn't share and believed to be harmful.

But that was just a theory, one he could try to confirm. This is what he was truly interested in at the moment. The nature of the genma was fascinating, but pragmatically Hito was more concerned with Inka's philosophies. "And do you have a general plan for how to spread Her Light and bring back so many from the darkness? Our truth is an old one that has been known to the world for a long time, and yet there are still countless nonbelievers out there. What will you do about them?"

Again, his tone wasn't accusatory in any way. It was very clear what this was: a probing of how Inka thought and felt. An attempt to comprehend his goals and plans.
- zenchou

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Inka's back was currently to Hito, who was relaxed in a chair while Inka was standing on the edge watching over the village. His face ticked with frustrated, his brow furrowed and his nostrils flared for a moment. Did he have a plan? That wasn't in discretion. Shouldn't Hito know that? He was her disciple as well, after all.

He looked over his shoulder, making no attempt at hiding his disdain at the Kazekage right now, "My plan?", he scoffed, almost flat out laughing. Very emotive. "Whatever the light guides me into.", he said. His frustration was permeable in the air. Hito was quickly losing any traction he had with Inka. He remained standing with his back to Hito, looking over the village in his awkward uncomfortable pose.

"He's not of the light.", Inka spat. He stormed up towards the throne, gesturing for his alter-ego to move as he basically threw himself into it, the other Inka vanishing from sight and reforming with his hands behind his back several feet in front of the throne. "He is not blessed. She does not see him.", rage was seething from him.

His eyes glowed for a moment, receding his full soul into this and placing his Ransei in control of his body for the time being. He would no longer humor Hito with his true presence, it was clear Hito was as undeserving of it as any of the others. "He's a pretender like the rest of them.", he growled.

"She chose erroneously?", the other Inka asked with a grin.

"She makes no error.", Inka basically shouted. "The Darkness that hovers over this village has a far greater seed than I imagined.", he was frustrated. Hito had not been the avenue Inka had expected him to be. "I am truly alone."

"If he is enveloped in the same capacity as the others you're going to have to find a way to recruit more bodies without the use of your own.", the Inka suggested.

Inka's eyes thinned. He was right. He knew he was. He'd need a secondary body. Shinji wouldn't suffice. The gears in Inka's mind was turning quickly as he began processing what he'd need to do. This would take time. He had plenty of it, though. As impatient as Inka was, he had all the time he needed.

"For now, keep the Kazekage entertained. ", the other Inka instructed. Inka nodded from his throne, closing his eyes and tilting his head back. Light shone through the dusty rafters of the church, highlighting Inka's body as he thought. For now, Hito needed to be kept at arms length, but no further.

"That's the purpose of a disciple is it not?", Inka asked, his voice once again void of emotion as the Ransei spoke for him.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

CDF

Post by CDF » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:24 pm

He was such a child. His responses were indicative of a premature mind that was thrust into a position of extreme power and told it was his right, something he was chosen for by his god. Something that he was beginning to consider more and more of a problem.

Inka's frustration could practically be smelled in the air it was so clear, especially when his voice switched yet again, becoming more wooden and devoid of emotion. That switch made him very curious. Something significant had just happened, he had gone from being brashly honest to shutting himself back down into his puppet state.

The transition provided some evidence for two previous theory. The first being that there was a very clear transition between states for Inka, one where he was more himself and another where he ceased to seem human. Did that mean he was temporarily shifting control of his body between himself and Shishire? This merging business could happen in so many different ways, and this was one of the more dangerous ones. If control can be shifted, it can also be controlled.

Secondly, it confirmed his assumption of Inka's way of thinking. His tone stank of self-righteousness and amazement that Hito didn't think the exact same way he did. It was worse than he had expected and it looked like recovery would be difficult.

Sighing, now also allowing his frustration to shine through, he looked over at the standing Inka and spoke with an annoyed, almost offended tone. "The light's guidance is no reason to discard foresight. If all you think about is growing stronger and waiting for the light to guide you to what to do with all your strength, you'll find yourself waiting for divine instruction which isn't the best idea when you've merged existences with Shishire." Turning back to the horizon, he continued. "You seem to have very rigid opinions on what constitutes the proper way to service Her, and I can't tell if it's hubris or Shishire's revealing of some information that's made you so certain, either way, it's a weakness." He stood now, looking down at the neophyte before him.

"The purpose of a disciple is to learn. To take all of the lessons presented them, and use those lessons to think for themselves and continue their teacher's legacy. It is not to attempt and tell the other disciples how to be more like you, nor to wait until your teacher decides your fate." Turning, he looked back at his creation. "This is a snapshot of my attempt to turn all that I've learned and seen to shape and bolster the village in a way that'll spread Her Light to every corner of the world and allow it to shine brighter at home than ever before. A mission I'd very much like your help with."
- zenchou

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Inka
Shishire
Ransei Soul

Inka's body showed no emotion, the Ransei was incapable of it. So he stood, motionless. Eerily so, no lift in his shoulders or sag in his posture from his breathing. No small twitches or swinging of his arms, perfect stillness that stood out in a world of constant motion. "No.", was all the Ransei simply responded.

"He has no comprehension of the Script.", Inka said, his tone bored and annoyed.
"Of your interpretation of the Script.", the other Inka retorted.
"Its a Holy Book. The Script can be read in one way and one way only. Any other reading has been clouded by darkness."

"'And so with each step, the Light guides. With each prayer the Sky sings. Follow the Light and grace shall follow You.'", the Ransei recited.

"She grants us free will. But that does not mean her influence does not exist in the world.", he said.

"A chosen disciple, a representative of her will. And I have to explain these things."
"He was chosen by man after all."
"We.", he gestured to the two of them, "I.", he repeated, "Am her emissary. The rest. Corrupt.", he mused. "I will not forsake them. But we will have to find ways to rid the village of darkness.", he paused. "I don't think that the Kazekage is the path to this though. She is showing me that he is lost. Not to follow his steps. She's guided me here to enlighten me."

"Through him?", the other Inka responded.

Shaking his head, Inka clearly disagreed, "Not through him. Of him. She's wanted me to see that he is lost so that I could figure out what the next step it. I was waiting for guidance through him and she wanted me to see that was not the right option.", Inka said with dawning realization.

"I follow only the Word presented to me. The Script is clear in it's mission. I follow it. I follow the Light. There is no hubris is piety.", he retorted. The blandness of his tone seeming displaced against the argumentative stance he was taking.

"If we serve the same Goddess. Recruiting my help isn't necessary. It's a given.", he said matter-of-factly. It was true after all
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

CDF

Post by CDF » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:01 pm

He may not have handled this in the best way, but in a way it was good that he did so. Inka's true nature was becoming more clear with each moment, his ignorance, arrogance and narrow-mindedness became clearer. This was the absolute worst host for the soul genma. But still, Hito had to salvage it. Naive and blind as he was, Inka was still a suna citizen that had this life thrust upon him.

Things couldn't stay as they were though, and supervision wouldn't be enough. He clearly had a whole different world happening within him right now. Monitoring and containment would only let him grow stronger while definitively turning him into an enemy.

For now he'd have to keep in mind what Inka was: a child with delusions of grandeur and a pretty convincing force backing up that delusion. He would continue to try to convince him to open his mind and bring him down from the plane of gods, where he seemed to think he belonged.

He said nothing as Inka spoke, watching and listening intently. The moment Inka stopped, he responded.

"No." He mirrored the boy's speaking a little. His voice gradually moved into something colder, more stern.

"It is important that you recognize the lessons that Her light deliver to us every day, but don't let those lessons and that voice within you manipulate you into thinking you speak for Her. You may bask in the light, but you do not know what she thinks or what she wants." His voice turned back to more of a casual one, pensive even. "There isn't a single one of us who can or who will ever be able to know what she wants. You can say the lessons are clear, but they are not and most likely aren't meant to be. She gave us free will, personality quirks, base human tendencies for that reason. If we were all meant to live a clear-cut way to a set of coded rules, then She would make it so."

Stopping for a moment, he considered it and decided to go for brute honesty. He looked Inka in the eyes and continued matter of factly

"It seems to me, you've obtained some power and truth and now believe your current status is evidence of your providence. Except most of that power could not have been obtained without Shishire, and I'm willing to bet it's quick to remind you of your position and significance. It's certainly a possibility that what I keep hearing you confidently though baselessly claim to be Her way is truly just a reflection of what the ancient, historically devious creature within you wants you to hear."

This time he maintained the look and allowed a heavy silence to fall.
- zenchou

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:02 pm

Inka found himself getting more and more frustrated. Hito would not listen, of course not, this was the darkness fighting for ways to creep into Inka’s mind and heart. He’d seen it with many others, and he could see it now. Hito’s words trying to contort and twist Inka’s world view to take advantage of him and pry him away from the light’s path. This would not be tolerated. The Ransei shook it’s head, disagreeing with Hito’s word and indicating clearly that it felt Hito did not understand.

”You give Shishire too much credit. You assume he maintains some sort of control over my mind. That his access to my thoughts means I’m incapable of discerning the difference between holy guidance and his own corruption.”, the Ransei shook its head once more, ”Despite both of us already agreeing that you have little, or no, comprehension of the dynamic Shishire and I share. And little hope of ever having any.”, if the Ransei was capable of producing emotive voice, it was clear this would be filled with condescending tone.

Inka scoffed, ”He sits on a practical throne granted to him through her alleged will, but speaks so poorly of her intent. With so little faith of what she asks for us.”, ironic given where Inka currently sat in his mind.

”You oversimplify the service to a Goddess as if it’s as simple as reading a book.”

”The book.”, Inka corrected himself.

”The book. You should give credence to what the Kazekage has to say.”, the other Inka retorted. ”You cannot accuse him of blindness if you’re not willing to use the full scope of your vision.”, he suggested.

”His entire argument is based on the corruption of my soul by a force that no longer exists.”, Inka spat back. ”’Shishire is contorting what I see as her guidance
‘“
, he mocked, accompanying his words by air quotes. ”Shishire is DEAD. I’ve killed him. Conquered the soul of a force so unimaginably powerful and taken it’s power for my own.” his voice was raised. Arguing with himself was hardly a defensive for his sanity. Though perhaps Inka’s was more defensible than others given his situation.

In fact...it was time for Inka to show his hand.

The Ransei stayed in control, he didn’t know just how much he wanted the Kazekage to truly know. But for now, he’d make moves. With a surge of chakra, Inka activated his Hell Child mode, his skin instantly turning blood red as the cloak surrounded him. His eyes seemed to bleed black as his iris and pupil disappeared into his sclera, and golden ring shining through the darkness. He had yet to actually enter this state, which was odd. He had some rough understanding of what it was, such was the cause when endless eons of knowledge had forced its way into your soul, but he hadn’t actually entered it yet. The power coursing through him was...different, and definitely enjoyable. A shame he wasn’t in control of his body for this initial experience.

”This is absolute control of the Soul Genma.”, the Ransei said, his arms spread wide as he turned to face the Kazekage. His golden eyes piercing at Hito. ”This is a state that the former hosts dreamed of attaining. That they would hope, and fail, to get to. I say with confidence, corruption by Shishire is not of my concern. And the path I walk is a path of Light.”, he reiterated now. It still wasn’t the entire truth, after all. But, there was enough to it for inka to feel safe for now.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold