What a puppeteer calls relaxing

Eishun

Post by Eishun » Mon May 14, 2018 3:12 pm

A pale child wipes his forehead as the hot Suna sun beats down on him like a drum in the war. The small oasis had a small pond that was full of nothing but the clear water that mothers would come with children to gather water, and the small trees offer some sort of protection from the sun. The building nearby happens to be residential housing hiding ton of people in them. During the hot hours of noon sun Shun noticed most people made a tendency of waiting a bit before doing the daily chores they didn't get done in the morning. Shun enjoyed this area, it allowed him to people watch the few people running around while he tended to his puppets and read up on famous puppet users. People walking by often gave him a weird look due to his trench coat he was wearing in the sun, but Shun was used to that by now.

In front of him laid Dr. Geta, his puppet that he helped build with his father. His father was not a puppeteer, but he helped enough with his mother he understood the basics. The creepy looking puppet laid on his back his chest wide open as if he had no concern. Dr. Geta inside had some contraptions that Shun was trying to figure out how to make it better. Messing with the little hand inside the puppet he made it wave towards some kids. They laughed at him and ran away when the notice the quite demonic look of the puppet he was working on and how his other puppet was wrapped up in bandages.

With the chest open, Shun kept a book propped up on the inside on one of the chest cavity. Flipping the pages he was taking a small time to read about other puppets that were recorded and the users who used them. All the good puppeteers were kept a secret but ones that have passed on and such seemed to be easier to find information on. Licking his finger he moved the page over and started to read again as he tinkered with his puppet. The small klanks and clicks that the lifeless creature made were oddly satisfying. They reminded him of a time where he would watch his mother work on hers.

Noticing that he was flipping through pages without reading them he berates himself for still having such childish habits. Trying to find his place where he started this habit he notices a child come up to him and he gives the small child a smile. The child poked the puppet head and the child proceeded to scream running off when the head tilted over and made an evil crackling sound. Shun had to stifle a laugh when it happened but, realized that maybe his puppets could use a little work on the looking human side. He finds his spot going back into his concentration working on his puppet.

Kaguza

Post by Kaguza » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:42 pm

Another honestly slightly chilly day for the young Hizashi. The desert sun beating down on the sand made an attempt to keep those around him warm and while it worked on most it struggled on Kaguza. Out for a simple walk to theorize new techniques or hopefully spot one of the higher ranking ninja for him to bother, his eyes fell on what to him was a strange sight. A table set up near an oasis pond with a large puppet laid out on top. It was common knowledge among the villager regarding puppeteers, though the red headed man never really had the chance to see one up close. His branch of the clan was more focused on deception and upfront combat. With a light jog to his movement he stepped up to the puppet and looked over the child tinkering in a lab coat?!

"Hello there. Mind showing me your puppets? I've never really had a chance to interact with one, I've thought about trying one out on a mission. Without a puppet or the training it would be hard." Without asking Kaguza began fiddling with one of the hands of the puppet, testing it's range of motion and ease of movement. He saw the appeal of using a medium in combat, espionage, anything really. He had studied basic traps for use in survival but application in a skirmish was not so easy. To bring the trap with him though certainly had merit, especially now that an actual puppet laid before him.

Eishun

Post by Eishun » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:31 am

Flipping the page Eishun looks up to the newcomer and gives a small smile to him. "It is odd to interact with a puppet unless you have a puppeteer in your squad or you are facing one. Since we are in Suna facing a Puppeteer would be rare." He gives a nod as he watches the redhead fiddle with his puppet. "I can show you and answer a few questions, but my grandmother would be the better person to ask. She works at the hospital as a head doctor." His voice is soft as if he was talking to someone sensitive to sound. His face is as soft as his voice, not looking threatening at all. He looks back at the page and gives a sigh as the page was about more traps.

"What do you want to know about them?" He askes in his soft voice, "If you think about it, they are another tool to be used. My grandmother and I treat them as comrades, but most puppeteers don't spend the time to think about it that way." He fidgets with the small hand in the chest making it have a tighter grip. He thinks about it for a bit and realizes that he just picked up puppeteering with ease.

"I dunno if I could train you very well either. I am still learning now." He states under his breath. "I still have to make them be able to take a hit more often..." He starts to hum a song as he starts to think of ways to improve his puppets.

Kaguza

Post by Kaguza » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:55 am

The boy's voice was soft, he looked as if he'd never even been burned by the sun let alone even thought about blood and war. The Hizashi continued to play with the puppet's hand, lining it up with his own to compare the two. He ventured further down the limb see the mobility and range designed into the full arm. "I'd never be able to see these things as comrades. They're just tools to kill with, fangs to bite with. My actual companions are just the same to me though, implements to commit combat, though I'd hate to lose them so I have to be careful." Thoughts of both Horoki and Kagen played in his mind, both were . . well moving entities, it was unclear if spirits were counted as alive. The two though were methods of delivery and attack for him. Friends with benefits in a non-sexual manner. Their talents were his to utilize.

"I'd love to learn the basics of a puppeteer but my current training is a little demanding though. I suppose joint training though wouldn't be out of the question. You'd get the chance to test your own puppet against a person and I could establish a foundation for strategy of combat when partnered with a master of the strings." A simple lie. The young Hizashi spent quite a bit of time merely theorizing techniques and maneuvers, only putting them to effort after determining more than one use. In short his spare time was rather abundant, was likely the reason he was still a genin at his age. The only real task at hand was to scout out some of the higher ranking shinobi since he was currently without a squad leader, his previous mentor declared K.I.A.

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”