[Plotboard] Foreign Lands for Foreign People

Director, Hayate, Kabu, and Zao

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:42 pm

As Fanho traversed the top of a large sand dune he tugged at his masked face. The heat sizzled over the gold sands that coated the area. He turned around to face his rowdy entourage. "Don't be a bunch of sandy beaches guys, we've arrived!" Fanho gave a hearty chuckle as the duo of jinchuriki's behind him had dealt with his jokes over the entire course of their journey to Suna. If anything arriving wasn't a relief from the brutal sun, arid air, or harsh wind storms. Rather it was a relief from his terrible jokes. As Fanho's laughter died so did the wind, and in view was the oasis that was Suna. It was here Fanho was to meet Zao or face the wrath of a bunch of sand worms that'd be their doom. He hoped his companions would like the result of their journey more than the trip it took there. However after arriving they wouldn't have to traverse back to Fanho on foot. The young Jounin was aware Zao was a skilled user in Space/Time, and he hoped the man could help teach himself a thing or two, at least enough so he didn't travel with so much sand in his pants.

He patted down his pants as it shook with granules of sand. As he looked up towards the sky he shielded his eyes. He was used to not having his doujutsu at this time, and made sure to cover himself from being blinded. The sun was about midday, exactly the time Fanho was told to meet with Zao. At least this was their supposed greeter. Fanho was familiar with the name, but the time and events between then and now had made things fuzzy. Before coming to Suna, Fanho made sure to make the Suna council and Kazekage aware he was bringing their two jinchuriki. That was why specifically Zao was chose to be their greeter, and as long as two powerful and capable shinobi would be with them they were a bit at ease allowing them in. Four jinchuriki at the same place could be a disaster if allowed.

"Mr. Sandman ♪ bring me a dream ♪ make him the cutest ♫ that I've ever seen!"
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:57 pm

Masami wasn't sure what part she had been more surprised about, that she was accompanying Fanho to Suna or that permission had been obtained, from both villages, for not just her but for Taiga, her fellow Jinchuuriki, to tag along as well. Regardless when they had set out, she had quite frankly been very excited to not only leave the village but to visit a foreign land as well. That lasted until they had arrived in the deserts of Wind Country, the wind, sand, and heat all working together to slowly eat away at her enthusiasm. It wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been as she was a light dresser but even still part of her was largely tempted to just strip naked in an attempt to cool down, though she managed to restrain herself by keeping in mind that they were going to be guests in a foreign land.

Luckily just as soon as their journey began it seemed to be coming to a close as the trio crossed over a dune and came to a stop with the village barely in view, apparently having arrived at the location they were to meet their greeter. "I can't believe we're finally here. How can you have so much energy still?" she groaned, looking over towards Fanho, the boy's rambunctiousness not having helped one bit with the heat and exhaustion.

Sighing, she looked up towards the sky, shielding her eyes from the sun with her hands. "I have to say though... it really is a marvel just how much of a difference in environments two countries so close to each other can have." she spoke out loud, honestly still being just a little bit excited to see what else awaited them between here and their final destination.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post by Taiga » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:17 am

Taiga trudged along in the desert sands, his body feeling increasingly heavy under the heat. While his coverings kept the sun from torching his skin, it did make it a bit hot to say the least. Worst of all, he had to follow Fanho and his horrible jokes for some days during the journey. Ignoring his latest dad-quip, Taiga made his way up the hill behind the Jounin. The group looked down and into the beautiful oasis beneath them. Their intel, provided to them by the Sunagakure folks, had gotten them this far, but unfortunately entering or even trying to would be impossible without further assistance.

Taiga had once heard a legend about an MN who died, endlessly trying to enter the Sand Village, heading into Oasis Mirage after Mirage, never reaching his destination, as if the village was ever moving. He hoped that wouldn't be the case. At least however he got a chance to be with his fellow Jinchuuriki.

The Taiga was ashamed to admit it, he had begun to take a liking to the Inuzuka woman since their eventful first meeting. She was so free and wild- something Taiga longed for in his own life. He had always been caged by circumstance... That having been said, it was perhaps the first time in his life he had experienced these kinds of feelings, and being the knucklehead he was, had resigned himself to ignore them.

He ignored Fanho, walking forward enough to stop at Masami's side.

"It's so odd to think this is in our own backyard, but at least we're finally here."

"Masami-san, you are so hot!' his face turned a little pink, smoke escaping his mouth. "I meant you look so hot... I mean like hot, like cause desert." he said quickly back tracking, his hand scratching the back of his head. Stumbling about his words he changed the topic.

"Uh... anyhow... uh, how do we get in? I don't see our welcome wagon yet." .

Zao

Post by Zao » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:25 pm

A white haired mature looking man in a loose white robe slowly walked forward through the sand in a straight line, having exited from the guarded entrance of the village in order to link up with the three Konoha nin who had been journeying to the Sand village. Even Zao had been a bit surprised to find out that the man whom he knew as Fanho wanted to venture to his home land, but the scholarly looking man still had a very good impression of their last meeting when he assisted in fending of a number of spirits on the Wind and Fire country border with the Hokage. Even the Hokage had mentioned the man when him and Zao had spoken last, it would seem that he held the jounin in rather high regards, to the point that perhaps this shinobi might be his own replacement in the future. Despite the burning ball of flames that sat high in the midday sky the Wind country native only had a light glisten at the end of his hair line, much more comfortable that the travelers that were approaching.

Staring out past an invisible ripple of chakra that served as a bewildering style genjutsu formation used to deal with unwanted visitors the long haired man could see the Leaf ninjas approaching along the desert path. Though he was truly excited to see the young man again, having not had the ability to actually meet the powerful ally due to the situation in those days he couldn't help be exited for another reason. This was because of the notification that he'd received that the man would be bringing along with him two of the village's genma, something that shocked him to an extent as it was a rather potentially dangerous issue. There was always the low risk that one of the genma could loose control within the village, but Zao believed that if they were allowed out of the village then they must have complete control over their genma. There was also the risk that even one genma traveling outside his or her home village was at risk of being attacked with rival village's seeking to acquire the genma within them for their own benefit.

For the Leaf village to feel security in having both of the two hosts to travel to Suna only spoke to the depths of the alliance the two nations had with one another despite their differences in beliefs and cultures. The group had only just arrived outside the formation before the crystal blue eyed scholar walked out of what seemed thin air with a relaxed appearance, his long white hair tied back into a loose pony tail behind him as it stretched down to almost the man's waist in length. His skin had a soft tan to it from the desert sun as he lifted a tattooed hand from the wide sleeve of his robe to give a welcoming gesture towards the three shinobi. "Greetings Fanho-san, I've been expecting you." A natural smile formed on the thin lips of the some thin framed shinobi as the only identifying feature that he was a Suna-nin was the forehead protector that he wore in a loose necklace fashion around his neck. As he waved right his right hand the sleeve it slid down revealing what appeared to be a green vine with a non bloomed rose bud on it, though Hana refrained from making any sudden movements or speaking out despite wishing to do so.

Her master had told her before hand to behave for the time being, while the golden thorn vine wrapped around the left arm and concealed under the flowing sleeve wasn't one to let others know about him just remained resting around its master's arm for the time being. Perhaps Fanho wouldn't even notice, but since their last encounter it would appear that the youthful Zao who had been close to the young man's age on their last encounter had aged at least five or six years becoming more mature looking. While it had truly only been a little bit of time since those spirit battles, Zao's training through the different spirit realms had caused for his body to experience a different flow of time when compared to the human realm. Letting his arm fall as gentle as it had been raised he looked to the other two companions of the jounin and nodded politely, "It is a pleasure for us to receive you three. Let us travel to the village, I'm sure you all would welcome a break from the harsh desert."

Turning to his left a bit the man made a gesture with his left hand, moving the arm from right to left as he spoke, "This way." With that he waited for the group to close the short distance between them before he turned and began to walk with them as well, only walking four or five meters before they passed through the edge of the bewildering formation that surrounded the village. Inside one was able to see what looked like a number of different oasis like illusions that could lead a weary traveler to their demise as they searched for something real within the area illusion. Though it was a bit confusing, one would some decent skill in the illusionary arts would be able to navigate it given enough time. "Just stay close and don't wonder off please, the village isn't to far from here." He had measured his pace to walk side-by-side with the fellow jounin he spoke a few words of caution to the trio, giving a somewhat serious tone to his voice before it returned to the gentle, soft spoken voice he had before as he spoke to the jounin beside him. "How was your groups journey?" One of Zao's love was traveling and adventuring....
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:02 am

As Zao approached from thin air, Fanho singing died down and crept a grin on his face. The white haired man was much different than the last time they fought side by side. Granted Fanho didn't get to meet Zao or hear much about him like Zao was able to about himself. With Fanho's perceptive eyes he was able to scan over the man and realize that his skill was akin to that of his own, and the armband of thorns on Zao's right hand was certainly alive with chakra brimming from its existence. The young shinobi reached out to shake Zao's hand as he turned around to introduce the his two companions. "These two are Masami Inuzuka, and Taiga Sarutobi." The Awai would allow them to exchange a hello before giving a bit more insight on to the two. "Both are some of our brightest and best, and we felt it was good to give them some time abroad to strengthen their skills. They also heard about giant sandworms, you got any they can fight?" He chuckled at the mention and thought of those two fighting a gigantic sand monster the size of a mountain. As absurd the sight would be, the hilarity would be equivalent to the joy Fanho would receive watching them.

It was quite true that Zao was older than Fanho. Time was not kind to the man who pushed the envelope and went where no man went before. As the word of warning to remain close passed through Fanho's thoughts he pondered if maybe he needed a leash for the two to keep them close. Well at least for Taiga, Masami was probably a bit more disciplined. "Just so you know, if you two wander off, I'm not coming to get you guys." His tone betrayed the menacing words of leaving them behind as it was filled with a light hearted playfulness. Although quite honestly he'd probably leave them to find their own way back unless they legitimately did get lost. As Fanho recollected on their journey through the woods, rain, sand dunes, and sand storms. He had his fill of rainwater, dust sandwiches, and everything in-between. Even though Fanho graced close to this side of their continent he hadn't really traversed ever into Wind Country.

"Quite frankly, different. Never been on this side of the continent before, but I've been all over the east, north, and south. Weird right? Other than eating a sand brick to the face during the dust storms, which I dunno if you had them, but they're quite dry. I advise water with your meal." Fanho scratched at his youthful chin as his face postured a look of searching for anything that had been really note worthy since arriving. "Other than that, I really haven't seen those giant desert worms I hear about y'know? I'm starting to doubt they exist." With his final quip hopefully answering Zao's knowledge to know about how they faired, Fanho decided to pose a question to Zao himself. "Anything new on this corner of the world? I know since those spirits were released there's still a few scattered here and there. Not to mention there's a drug south of Konoha's border that's been slowly trickling in. Its giving people physical abilities par to that of shinobi. Dunno if any of those things have spread close to here." The drug portion was in reference to the mission he had recently gone on with Niku and Isuzu. Two Genin shinobi when they investigated the drug route. Hopefully any answers would be welcomed as good leads to tracking it down.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:14 pm

Masami looked over towards Taiga as he walked up next to her, giggling at how nervous he sounded. She had to wonder if it was because of the situation or rather if he was getting flustered because of her. Not that she could blame him really considering how they had met. "Maybe if I had known it would be this hot I would have dressed more lightly, or maybe not at all." she nonchalantly responded to his clearly flustered statements.

Before she could respond to the change in subject however, a white haired man suddenly appeared as if out of thin air, greeting them, or more specifically Fanho as he did. Now she had no idea who this stranger was but two things were abundantly clear just from his mere presence, the first being that this man seemed to be their guide based on circumstance and secondly was that he seemed to be immensely powerful, likely enough to give even Aina and Takeo a run for their money. It was a bit frightening really as very few people she knew were even close to being that strong.

Anyways, she silently listened to the exchange between Fanho and the mystery man, simply bowing deeply upon being introduced, blushing at the praise that had been given to her and Taiga, though she couldn't help but frown at the apparent warning that he directed towards the pair of them.

She could tell from his tone that he wasn't entirely serious but... "I like to think I have enough control and self discipline to not do anything stupid. Besides, I know for a fact I'll never hear the end of it if anything does happen." she responded, rolling her eyes at the thought.

At that she fell silent once more, nodding along once in a while as Fanho addressed Zao's question on their journey. Frankly the heat was nothing next to the amount of sand and dust they had had to walk through, the woman now more grateful than ever for living in a forested region with plenty of shade and no desert storms to deal with.

She was broken out of her thoughts at Fanho's mention of drugs coming in, raising a brow and frowning. It seemed that there were more problems close to home than she had ever really thought. Though really who would even make such a thing and why would anyone accept it?

Truthfully she had no answers and it was quite bothersome to think of so to get her mind off of that she had a couple questions of her own to ask of their guide. "So, before we get there, what's the village like? And who might you be? You never gave us a name."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:07 am

Still ignoring Fanho, Taiga continued to trudge along in the sand, listening to Masami.

"Maybe if I had known it would be this hot I would have dressed more lightly, or maybe not at all."

"maybe not at all."

If cliche-nose-bleed-rockets were really a physiological phenomena, Taiga would have surely been to the moon by now. Blushing as he imagined the exact scenario prescribed, he looked back down the sands and quickly tried to shake his head free of the lines he had just heard. In his attempts to clear his mind, he paid no attention to the paths ahead, missing the arrival of Zao. It was not until he heard the voice, that the young chuunin's eyes shot back up. He was surprised by the peculiarity of the situation. Two genma host beyond the typical Jounin and a bannin level shinobi were entering a foreign village, but only one man was sent as escort... it was either a very bold move, or a show of how powerful the man who greeted them was.

"Well, guess there's no welcome wagon." Taiga put his hands into his pockets and stood still, waiting for the man to approach. Taiga stayed quiet while Fanho introduced the group, and the others exchanged pleasantries. He was the youngest and lowest ranking member in the entourage, and though he was a wild one, he did know when it was time to accept his place and stay quiet. He'd matured that much in the past six years.

Eventually though, like any flame, he was stoked. It was annoying to be treated like a child. He was now a man- and more so, perhaps the most slippery man in the world. If his speed and precision didn't do enough, he had the ability to phase through nigh anything, and that meant an easy out in any situation.

"You k-" he held himself back from reprimanding Fanho for talking to him like a child. He could do it after they were not in the presence of their hosts. Sighing, he paused- and luckily Masami's voice cut in, soothing Taiga. He liked listening to her. For Fanho, he would likely seem uncharacteristically quiet. For Zao and Masami- well, neither knew that Taiga just yet.

Zao

Post by Zao » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:16 am

'Masami Inuzuka, and Taiga Sarutobi… As the slender hand of the Suna-nin extended out to meet that of Fanho's in a hand shake, the long haired shinobi was committing the names and appearances of the two genma host that the Konoha-nin was now introducing to him as they shook hands. These two shinobi would be important pillars for the strength of their village in the future much like the two young hosts of his own village would be in the future. Conflict and strife were always a possibility that hung just around the corner out of view which could jump out and surprise one at any moment. "Please to meet you both." Zao's soft voice broke through the gentle smile that hung on the thin set of lips as he greeted both of the younger shinobi behind the jounin but it was the mention of the giant sand worms that made even the spiritualist chuckle lightly aloud. "There were only a few sightings of giant sand worms back when the spirits appeared to attack both out borders. But.."

As the long white haired man began to speak in return about the comment of giant sand worms, he'd withdrawn his soft hand from the previous hand shake allowing for its tattooed fingers to rise up onto his gently tanned face, the gentle smile turning briefly into a half smirk. "...what you really have to look out for in the deep desert are those giant scorpions, though they usually only come out to hunt at night." The soft tone of voice didn't change at all, so one couldn't tell if the man was being completely truthful or perhaps a bit facetious towards the younger shinobi who were in tow with the fellow jounin. "I suppose that we only travel where we're told to do so as shinobi, letting out current objectives decide our paths." With Fanho speaking about never having actually traveled to Suna it wasn't to much of a surprise, as a shinobi they went where they were told to do and rarely would one want to vacation in such an environment as the harsh deserts that covered this area of Wind country. But it was just that reason why the village had been able to protect itself...truly the only problems seemed to come from within the village itself as he thought back about the latest issue being the prison break.

The deep bow from the young woman of the group introduced as Masami gave the man a feeling of someone who respected those above her, even if her words seemed to cause for her to come who had probably caused a bit of trouble as a younger shinobi. The other shinobi seemed rather quiet, at least for the time being, not knowing the young man's persona he simply assumed that he was the opposite of the group's leader and was the quiet one of traveling party. Soon the group were on there way as they were walking through the bewildering genjutsu that had been set up around the village, it was something that only those who knew the correct path or were adept in illusions would be able to conquer, for now they seemed to walk in an almost random path as Fanho asked about what was happening in this corner of the world. "We've been mainly working on clean up duty because of the released spirits, we think that we have found the reasoning for the spirits attack as well." As he spoke the man turned to the fellow jounin speaking as though they were two normal people simply out on a little stroll.

But he cut his words off when the fellow shinobi began to speak about the recently surfaced drug in the lands south of Konoha's border, this was something knew that he hadn't seen any intelligence reports about. He'd spent much of his time in Juu attempting to track down the reasoning behind the spirit attacks while also continue to blaze a path through the spirit realms, the latter which had caused the man to age beyond what he should have been. Being the first to do something usually had some sort of consequences, but for the space-time user he enjoyed the thrill of adventuring to a place no other humans had been before. "What kind of drug could create such an effect as that? I can only imagine that their must be some serious draw backs to something that allows for a person to draw out that amount of strength." This drug caused instant interest from the scholar and medic-nin, who could have created such a drug and what would have been the purpose of spreading it...except perhaps to test its effects over a large sample size.

The subject even caused for Zao to shake his head lightly, such a problem was so close yet he hadn't seen any incoming reports about it which meant that it was most likely something that had occurred very, very recently. Was it only a matter of time before this drug began infiltrating the borders of Wind country or its other neighbors? Such a drug would allow for someone to raise a temporary army of shinobi level warriors. His self induced thoughts were temporally broken as the female host spoke out now about how he'd forgotten to introduce himself. "Ah, please call me Zao." He'd never been someone about big introductions and simply spoke out his name toward the young woman and this new revelation about he drug problem was something he found rather troubling...
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:20 am

phpBB [video]

As Fanho walked alongside Zao as they spoke, in view they could see the beautiful oasis of Suna. Almost mystifying in the way it existed in a land of nowhere, yet beauty, life, and grace all sat inside a desolate wasteland. As Zao dismissed the giant sand worms, the thought of sand scorpions we're plenty interesting enough to occupy the young shinobi's attention. "Well beggars can't be choosers, I guess I'll take what thinks it can fight me." Fanho spoke fluttering his eyebrows a over exaggerated humor filled cockiness. After all, being a comedian was among his job titles in Konoha. With the mention of warning his two in tow of the scorpions in a humorous way he noticed how Masami responded slightly irritated, but at least not taking it seriously. Taiga on the other hand seemed irritated by the comment, and neglected to comment further. Uncharacteristic for Fanho's fellow shinobi who was just as talkative if not humorous as himself. The two we're more alike than most in the village, although Fanho had faced no real challenges other than Zakuro, while Taiga had faced more than himself. Fanho still empathized with him, and had high hopes and wishes for him. For now he'd just keep his ear to the ground and make sure Taiga was feeling normal.

"As shinobi there's a lot of rules and objectives we're supposed to follow. Not always is it right to follow, and you take the situation in your own hands to do what's right. However that's a conversation for another time, I don't think getting whipped in the face with sand makes me more inclined to talk about it." Fanho gave a light hearted chuckle summing up such a serious topic with a light hearted diversion. There we're nuanced answers and arguments, however it was just not a conversation Fanho felt worth having when the immediate threat surrounding the villages was much more important than policy arguments. As Zao mentioned clean-up duty, Fanho's mind wandered to the amount of minor spirits that went into hiding. The larger spirits that posed a great threat to both villages we're the first to fall because of their notoriety, it only made sense to cut the head off, but soon new snake's would rise from their burrows larger and in due time they'd become the new big threats. "It can't help to have small spirits tucked in caves and corners trying to rise to power. Must be difficult rooting them out. Let us know if there's any we can help out with. Our sensory core and tracking shinobi are some of the best."

"Well not sure, its certainly some kind of stimulant. Its got traces of chakra so its certainly... Shinobi like. Steroid's can increase people's strength to beyond even the best Olympic athletes and some shinobi, but these do more than that." Fanho scratched his chin before resting his hands in his pockets. He furrowed his eyebrows, and became much more serious than he usually was. Uncharacteristically to the point it was startling. "This drug is dangerous, and its severely deadly to the user. Maybe not on the first dose, but its puts more strain on their body. Its like it accelerates them to the point we're at with years of training, and teaching for chakra usage. Except their body isn't honed to contain it so its basically eating itself to stay functioning." Fanho gave a sigh of frustration as he relished on the mission. "We're not sure where its being manufactured, and we got a sample to small for testing purposes. So its a frustrating situation, but at least we have a general direction to follow to hopefully a source or joint point for moving it."

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:21 am

Masami frowned as she was all but ignored, not that she could really blame him. The news of a dangerous drug passing through their borders would be enough to preoccupy anyone's thoughts. And so, realizing it would be pointless to address Fanho or Zao, at least until their exchange was done, she turned her attention towards Taiga, tilting her head in puzzlement at how red his face seemed to be. "So what do you think the village is going to be like? And how do you really feel about this trip? I'm honestly feeling kind of nervous, since we're going to a new land as representatives of our homeland and all." Asking a number of questions both to get them off her mind and in an attempt to get Taiga to hopefully speak up more as he had been fairly quiet during the trip and she was a bit worried as after all they were friends, and while she didn't know him well, she could tell well enough that the way he was acting seemed just a little out of character. Was he simply nervous? Was he angry? Did he have something on his mind? She wasn't sure, but she really did hope that nothing was wrong.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:11 am

Not particularly interested in what the Sunagakure man and Fanho had to talk about, Taiga was on auto pilot. He merely moved about following the group without much thought... well, not on any of the serious topics. His mind was somewhere else.

I wonder if they have dumplings, and like, would they be all dry cause the desert? Or is it like the opposite. Maybe they got the really juicy ones that pop on your mouth heh. Dumbass, you should be paying attention to your superiors- they seem to have a chance we could use to prove our worth. Sukairaa chimed in, interrupting his deep dive into the hypothetical dumplings that awaited them in their destination.

Snapping back to reality, he found the two superiors were still engaged in conversation, and it seemed that the other Jinchuuriki felt a little like he did cause she made an effort to converse with him.

"It's probably pretty sandy and hot, with some oasis spots I imagine... Maybe they have scorpion as a food or something? And I don't know. I'm more worried I am going to be bored... what do you think we are actually here to do after all Masami? Shake some hands, smile a bit?" he said in a rather hush voice to her, sticking his hands into his pockets. He had a feeling due to the supervision and lack of freedom this would not be that fun an experience- least not like the Fur Country had been.

Zao

Post by Zao » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:10 pm

"What a percular drug..." The medical student in the man's mind began to rise to the surface as he couldn't help but wonder about just what types compounds could be used to elicit such a bodily response. Did it have traces of a chakra in it? So many questions but without a sample of his own to test then most likely it would be worthless attempting to acquire any more information about the substance. Perhaps he'd need to do some of his own investigating in order to obtain some for his home village to test and experiment with. Such a compound could truly cause some serious troubles if utilized by an individual or individuals with certain motives. Sometimes he felt that returning to the village had tied his hands a bit in what he could and couldn't do as apposed to when he was a 'civilian' for those years that he spent out adventuring and exploring. "I'll have to speak with out council about the matter, the concern of our ally and its proximately to our own countries borders should definitely stir a response and investigation of the matter."

Zao responded in his normal calm, soft spoken manner about the findings of Fanho on his last mission, perhaps he could convince the village to let him take care of this investigation. After all, the genma host were slowly improving and had no signs of their respective seals wavering, allowing him a bit more line to work with when requesting to leave the village for a short period of time. Looking back ahead the man had seemingly been walking purely on memory alone as the small group passed through what seemed like a shimmering layer of hot air, but on the other side the true oasis that was the Sand village was finally revealed in all of its glory. Before them was the entrance to the village, the main entry way into the village, and probably the only way without being able to fly or scale the vertical plateau like wall around the village. This entry way into Suna is like a long stretch of road from the large steps that mark the Main Gate, it travels down to the village proper, with a perforated layer of doton to block most of the harsh sun and allow airflow while large stretches of cloth are suspended a between the path and the holes in the ceiling to prevent any harsh light, rain, other elements from possibly dropping onto a traveler's head. "We've arrived my friend, this will lead us into the village."

The area was well guarded, a full squad of border guards were positioned along the exterior plateau's only entrance with three stationed directly in front of the entrance serving as entry control sentries. As Zao walked up he brought both of his hands together like a monk and gave a slight bow of his head, "These are the three Konoha shinobi that we were expecting." The travels of three such highly important shinobi to the Leaf village was of course well known to those who guarded the main entrance and it was these shinobi who had notified Zao of their approach far out in the desert sands. Of course the village still didn't look like much it appeared to be a simple cut through the high rock faces on either side but the fabric suspended over head were rather elegant and oriental in appearance, perhaps a style not seen often in Fire country. The shinobi who appeared to be the squad leader smiled and nodded and spoke briefly to the group, "Yes Zao-sama. Please proceed, we welcome you to Sunagakure no Sato, Konoha shinobi." After the short words of welcome he stepped aside allowing for the four shinobi to continue on their journey.

Even along the tunnel their was a connecting file of shinobi every so often to monitor the length of the entrance, as the group traveled a short distance one could begin to truly see the light at the end of the tunnel now something that seemed out of place would be the green foliage. Finally exiting from the shaded pathway one was able to see the village in all of its glory now, what might have been the most surprising would have definitely been that despite being in such a harsh desert environment such a level of plant life could be found. Atop nearly every building could be found various needed plants for either growing food for the village populas or medicine for the hospital. "Welcome to my home, the Sand village. Thanks to our Naegi clansmen, we're able to grow and maintain all of these gardens and green houses that you see dotting the village. They have a rather unique gift when it comes to plants." Zao couldn't help but smile as his bright eyes swept over the portion of the village that the group was able to view at the moment, exhaling quietly to himself as he thought about things. Though he truly did love the village sometimes it felt like his life and true calling were elsewhere.

Shaking his head lightly the man quickly readjusted his thoughts and turned halfway to the side looking back behind Fanho and himself, feeling that the two older shinobi has somewhat forgotten about the two shinobi in tow. "Was there anything in particular that you two had hear about the village that you were interested in checking out?" He wasn't completely sure on just what they knew about his homeland and asked out of curiosity to see if they had heard or read about the village and if anything had caught their attention...
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:49 pm

"Yeah, its not a pretty one either. Has some pretty strenuous effects on the user. I'm not a doctor, but its like it ruptures their heart. I could hear it practically thumping as we fought without focusing in." The young shinobi scratched his head and gave a nervous smile laughing lightly. It was kinda terrifying to hear your opponent's heart tick to its own death. Unnerving and all to hear each heart beat get softer as the opponent slows down into a weird ecstasy as they lose consciousness. "Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it starts trickling in from the border. Last I saw it was working its way over, but I don't know the specific path."

As they walked towards the village through the winding valley path that was narrow and rocky. They we're greeted by the three Suna shinobi at the front passing by them as Zao introduced the group. Fanho gave a light wave and smile. He wasn't much one for honorifics, and preferred to be the jokester. Much more fun that way. "Thanks, nice home by the way. Be sure to sweep the sand up, it'll ruin your hardwood floors." Fanho gave a light giggle to himself over his joke about sand in the desert. Get it? "Well they're certainly like our own Senju here, but a bit more specific in their plants it looks like." The different flowers and crops that shone through the green houses in large open spaces and mainly on rooftops. The large aqueducts that traversed water all over the village dropping it to the green houses, and at homes it was quite the plumbing system.

As Zao turned the question on what to check out in the village first, the Jounin scratched his chin as he wandered what the two would be interested in. There was quite a few things he wanted to see, first and foremost the Kazekage and their Bannin. Well he had actually met one already so that was one thing down, but his mind wandered to what his partners in tow wanted. Even though the trip was primarily for themselves, he was surprised to even get the authority to take out two of the village Jinches. However after all it was hard not to justify bringing out two Jinchuriki who mastered their genma. The Awai turned around to Masami and Taiga as he slipped his hands behind his head relaxing as they pondered where to visit first. "Well what do you two wanna do? This will be a cool opportunity for you guys to check things out and learn from some other shinobi."

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:48 am

Masami simply sighed as Fanho made another one of his bad jokes though as she took a look around at her surroundings she had to admit, the village did seem pretty nice despite being surrounded by an endless sea of sand. The greenhouses were a particularly nice sight, one that really made her think of home, though she did wonder how anyone could manage to grow plants in the desert. Perhaps these Naegi were a clan of some kind? And speaking of clans... what were Suna's fusion clans like? Would they be angry if they found out that there was a beast that granted the use of their abilities sealed within her? Did they know?

She shook her head, clearing out those thoughts. There was no use in worrying, and she shouldn't be doing so if she wanted to enjoy her time here.

It was at that point that the question of what they wanted to do was directed towards her and Taiga, her eyes lighting up as a result. "At some point I'd like to see the clan compounds but first... I've heard stories of previous Kazekage having worked to build a great library and I would really like to see it. And at some point I'd like to see some places where I could pick up souvenirs for Aina and the kids." she said, seeming to be unnaturally excited and pumped up. She just couldn't help it. It was at that point that the reality and thrill of being in a new place had hit her. Besides, for the time being at least she really needed a distraction to stop any more negative thoughts.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:36 am

The talk about all the drugs was annoying, especially since no one had ever asked Taiga for his help. With his abilities, he could clean up those guys real quick. Maybe they'd get involved with it in Wind Country somehow. He was itching for a fight. Getting more of a tour of the place, Zao guided them past another group as they were once more welcomed into the village. Things seemed different than he had expected- people were more friendly than his uncle had told him, then again that was under the less than amicable relationship between the Hokage Tousha and Kazekage Hito.

Taiga was surprised by the plant folk, but when Fanho mentioned the Senju, he could not help but feel a bit of shame. Senju blood coursed through his veins and yet even a bunch of desert folk all the way in Sunagakure were closer to using Mokuton than he was. That was a shame that would never go away. That said, the veggies that had sure did look delicious. He would have wanted to eat them as his first act in the village, but Masami was able to answer before him.

Taiga, like a damn puppy, nodded and agreed with everything she said. "I've always wanted to see the libraries personally too, let's do it!" before pausing. Completely unaware of Sueatsu's ascension to Kazekage, as the knuckle head rarely kept up with the world around him out of lack of concern, he loudly blurted something out.

"There's one thing I wanted to do. Where's the old prune Sueatsu? I owe him a beatdown!" he said loudly with a grin, completely unaware of his idiocy and the way he was speaking of the now Kazekage, who was considered a god in the culture of Sunagakure. Despite the tone, it was meant in good spirit.

Sueatsu had helped Taiga hit the next level when he was in Konohagkure and Fur Country, and had taught the boy about the Heavenly Taijutsu arts. Similar to the monk's cloak, Taiga had developed his flying swallow techniques and his own version of the fames Rasengan. He had hoped to train with the man again some day, and perhaps this had been the chance.

Zao

Post by Zao » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:20 pm

The young Konoha jounin came back once more with a bit of light humor, something that Zao found rather uplifting, but of course he hadn't been traveling with the young man like the two genma host and be forced to endure it constantly over nigh the entire trip to the Suna village. "Haha, aye. The Senju do have some familiarities with the Naegi. I feel that perhaps it is possible that they have some common ancestry with one another. Though it has proven difficult to find written history that goes that far back for us to research with." Zao couldn't help but comment on the similarities between the two clans, one dealing mainly with trees while the other dealt with plant life, both focused on nature. And it was nice to break away from the previous topic of the drugs that were flowing into the south of the main land...that was something the two men could perhaps discuss more in depth at a time when the two youngsters weren't present.

"It is indeed a beautiful home, one unlike anything else I've ever seen while out exploring the world..." The man trailed of a bit to himself, it really was a one of a kind place. Smiling he had turned his attention back to the duo of genma host as he pondered on just what these two were interested in about his homeland. "The great library?" Zao was honestly a bit surprised that the first to speak up now knew about the great library that Hito had been working to create with the Scribes of Sand that he worked with on a fairly regular basis. "I'm sure that some of her Scribes would love to help you explore your passion of knowledge." The never ending search for expanding ones knowledge was definitely something that the scholar was able to get behind and it even caused for him to smile as he thought to himself if any of the scribes would be about today to escort the young woman.

Though something he hadn't expected was for the somewhat quiet man to actually do the same, but it only took a moment for the white haired shinobi to understand the subtle reasoning behind his actions, even causing for the normally strong bearing man to laugh light heartedly out loud for a brief moment. "Haha. Good, good. I'm sure we can arrange to have you both escorted over to one of the many library reserves that have been accumulated by our Scribes over the years." It was all to obvious know that the young man had some feeling for his fellow genma host, perhaps no one else could really understand what a host went through except another host. How interesting this younger generation was to the man who had traveled to realms beyond their own and experienced life and death, still finding himself amazed with simple young love, perhaps that was what it was on the boy's part.

But the man couldn't help but lift his thin left eye brow a bit at the last words that were to come out of Taiga's mouth, 'old prune Sueatsu?' 'Owe him a beatdown'. Shaking his head lightly and turning to Fanho with a visible shrug with both palms lifting from their sides in an almost exaggerated motion to the other man as if asking silently if they knew who the knew Kazekage was. Being a young shinobi, perhaps he wasn't as well informed and indeed the change hadn't been to long ago either and the white haired shinobi just started to laugh light heartedly again now turning to fully face the host as he spoke. His words were calm and without any anger at the manner of the boy's words, instead he simply smiled as he spoke. "Ah, so you have met Sueatsu-sama personally? How interesting. The Kage has a rather busy life dealing with all the duties required of him by the village now but perhaps we can see if he'll have time to see you, as well."

Zao had honestly assumed that the only one of the three who would need to meet directly with the Kage would have been their jounin escort, but it was interesting to discover that the Kage had seemingly once given some manner of guidance to the young man in tow. Nodding to himself he turned back to Fanho for his response on the recent development.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:22 pm

Fanho gave a nod at the noble pursuits of Masami's desire to read in Suna's great library. Fanho had heard of the scribes from Kiyori and he had assumed Masami had heard the same. "We've had a few Suna shinobi visit, and old man Hito I believe was in talks with the Wolfman himself about joining forces in expanding its knowledge for the sake of both our countries and allies." Fanho scratched his chin as he tilted his head. "Not really sure how far we got, but I'm sure Masami or someone in the village would love to spearhead that development." He gave a large grin as he nodded towards the Jinchuriki, albeit older than him he couldn't help, but approve and suggest such a pursuit that would benefit both villages and give autonomy to the jinchuriki's. After all Fanho was striving to give them some more new found freedom out here in Suna, and not keep them under lock and key at the village. It was entirely why he brought them out here with just himself and not a party in tow.

As Taiga shot out of his stupor agreeing with every word that poured out of Masami's mouth, Fanho slid up beside him as he nudged him in the shoulder whispering in his ear just so only he could hear. "Women love a guy whose knowledgeable." The young shinobi gave a wink at his friend as he slid back next to Zao a grin growing wide on his face. Despite Fanho's own ills with women, the jokester inside couldn't help but make light of his friend's puppy love for Masami. Though Fanho couldn't talk much, he was a sucker for strong willed women, and utterly hopeless when it came down to it. Which as Taiga mentioned a good beat down for Sueatsu, Fanho laughed with Zao at Taiga. Fanho's own thoughts drifted to trying his strengths against the Kazekage as well his laugh turning into a giggle as his thoughts and Taiga's collided with the same goal in mind. "Heh, I wouldn't mind trying my hand either. Hehe.." Fanho looked towards Zao as he mentioned trying to find time for Sueatsu to meet him, Fanho gave an assured nod towards Zao. "I'll have to warn you, Taiga may give the Kazekage a run for his money... That is steal his money and run." Fanho shot a grin at Taiga as he giggled at his own joke before fading into a light hearted grin. "I also need to speak to the Kage, its a matter of diplomacy and leadership. But make sure Taiga sees him first, its more important that Taiga gets his chance first if the opportunity is there."

As Fanho dusted his hands and slipped them in his pockets he turned to Zao, and pondered a minute if there was anything they we're missing before shrugging. "I think everyone here's pretty much settled on what they want to do. We'll probably get settled in first, and then I think we can go our separate ways with the guides."

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”