[Graded] [closed] Testing the new puppet... arm!

TyDie

[Graded] [closed] Testing the new puppet... arm!

Post by TyDie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:06 pm

It was about a week later when Sakaki was told to come by the training area dictated by Rika, who had no doubt been hard at work fixing all the kinks associated with her new arm. Getting her to put the damn thing on was a challenge in and of itself, and now that she had relented, she could only wonder how many problems revolved around such a thing as a puppetry-based limb. After all, puppets were normally controlled at a distance via strings, and this was basically connected straight to her tenketsu somehow. At least, that was Sakaki's understanding of the situation, but being a puppeteer she could only guess.

Regardless, she would always be there to support her friend, and had no issues showing up to the training area, which was basically a large sandy clearing in the middle of the village, about 80 meters in diameter. Once she arrived, it took her no time at all to find Rika, standing in such a way that her left arm was obscured behind her body. "Aww, you're gonna hide it from me like that? Come on, don't be shy Rika... Let's see it!" She was trying to peek around Rika's body to get a glimpse of the new arm... at this point she was pretty sure she was more excited than Rika was for the new arm!
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Kabu

[closed] Testing the new puppet... arm!

Post by Kabu » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:21 pm

Spending a week under the watchful eyes of Hanako and her mother as she learned to use and live with her new arm was now a thing that Rika would never wish upon anyone, nor anything that she ever wanted to go through again herself. Nonetheless it was a weird feeling to have a puppet connected directly to her body, to be directly controllable as just a part of herself through use of her tenketsu.

As she waited for Sakaki, she lifted up her new arm, flexing her fingers and even making a fist, head tilted all the while. She knew it was still a puppet a its core but all the same it was so much different from Minotaur and even Genbu, the name she had given to the turtle illustration in her sketchbook, that it was a little hard to believe.

While she was in the midst of her thoughts, she suddenly heard footsteps, instinctively moving to hide her false arm behind her back. Why? She wasn't entirely certain. Perhaps on some level she was still afraid of what people may think, though to act this way towards even Sakaki was just silly. She knew that and yet she couldn't help herself from squirming around as the girl came up to her, attempting to get a good look at her new body part.

"Hehehe, sorry Sakaki. Instinct seemed to take over. I guess on some subconscious level I just don't want anyone seeing it yet. Mom also said to not be too rough with it so that may be playing a role too." she said while absentmindedly scratching her cheek in sight embarrassment, the arm in question coming out of hiding as she did so, though she herself failed to notice such for the time being.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:06 am

Sakaki rolled her eyes at the young Hizashi's embarrassment, finding it silly that she was so afraid of what others might think of her for the new prosthetic arm. But that was quickly replaced with awe and fascination as she got a good view of the girl's new arm... At a glance it looked perfectly normal, until one really analyzed it and saw that it wasn't made of skin, but of wood instead. A close inspection would reveal a few screws and hinges that were hard to pick up on if you weren't looking for them, and she could only guess what sort of hidden weapons and mechanisms she had stuffed into this thing. "Wow... that's incredible, Rika. And you can move it and use it all like normal? What does it feel like? Does it hurt still? What kind of things can it do? Is it stronger than your other arm? What happens if it breaks?"

Sakaki could hardly contain herself as the questions flowed from her mouth one after another, like verbal diarrhea. All the while her eyes never left the arm, in fact at one point going so far as to reach out and attempt to touch it, to feel what it was made of and see if she could maybe discover some of what she had asked herself via touch.
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:42 pm

Rika was honestly just a bit stunned at the rapidfire questions, simply blinking in confusion as she attempted to piece it all together and work out where to really begin, barely even realizing as Sakaki reached out and touched her arm. Really it was like the girl was more excited about her arm than even she was.

Finally after several moments of silence she took a deep breath to calm herself. "Yeah, it took a little practice but I can move and use it just as normal. It doesn't really hurt anymore. At first it felt a little strange but now I don't really notice a difference. I don't know yet what it can do as mom never told me nor gave me a chance to try it out. As far as I know it's only stronger in that it has weapons built into it. And if it breaks, well mom is going to be teaching me how to repair it both so I'm not helpless at any moment and because it'll need to be refitted every so often as I'm still growing and well, having mismatched limbs would be bad." she said, answering the questions almost as rapidly as they had been asked, though she had to pause to catch her breath once finished. Normally she could have made a speech like that no problem but it seemed that she hadn't yet fully recovered her energy from the time she had spent in recovery, both in the hospital and lazing around at home.

"Phew, I really need some exercise." she said quietly to herself, at that moment seeming to remember why exactly she had called Sakaki out here. And so she straightened up and placed a hand on Sakaki's shoulder. "I don't really want a spar or anything but I was hoping to have your help to run through some exercises so I can finally have a chance to put my arm through its paces. Aaand while it wasn't part of the original plan, it's become apparent that I really need the exercise myself." she said, looking away at the last part, her flushed cheeks practically giving away how embarrassed she was to be in such a state.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:21 pm

Sakaki's eyes were wide with curiosity as, and her ears were wide open and receptive to her friend's answers. While she could never see herself losing a limb like that, a part of her wondered what it would be like to so such a thing... to replace one's body parts with augmentations such as this. She touched the arm, enthralled by the feel of the smooth, polished wood. "Wow... you probably can't feel my touch at all, can you?" was all she could think of to say, not even thinking about whether or not that would upset her.

Rika announced the reason she called Sakaki to this training ground... to train, obviously. The girl was out of practice and in serious need of some exercise to get her back in the groove, plus she still had to learn the more intricate ways to control and use her arm. "Hmm... well I don't want to damage it too bad Rika. It's wooden, so no Katon for me right?" she laughed, but was very serious about her desire to go easy on her, and not damage the arm. "Alright, i'll help you. Let's start by putting that arm to the test; do a few push ups. Make sure you're going all the way down, but dont push too hard; you were in the hospital a week ago, after all!" Sakaki gave a thumbs up to her friend, and waited for Rika to go through the basic exercise
Active Characters

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:16 pm

At first Rika simply tilted her head at the notion of push ups, something that she had never been particularly great at even before now. But well, it was best to start with the basics after all and she would only have to do a few so she took a deep breath and got down into position, pushing down and then back up, stopping as she heard a creaking sound coming from her prosthetic. It seemed that she had been a bit too overzealous and put a bit too much weight on it. "Gotta try and redistribute my weight, maybe try making the initial push jut a tad lighter." she said under her breath, repositioning herself and trying again, stopping almost immediately as she felt a bit shaky, her push this time having been too light on one side. "So I've gotta go a bit harder but not so hard as to break my arm under its weight, nor do i want to go so hard as to injure myself."

With her newfound knowledge she once again attempted another push up utilizing everything she had learned from her previous attempts this time going down and then back up with no difficulties, her face lighting up as she did a few more. "Huh, I'm doing it. I've always had some degree of trouble with these but I guess this is the sort of training I needed to get the hang of it."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:02 pm

Sakaki watched and observed her friends stature and positioning as she attempted a simple push up, and winced in pain as she heard the creaking in her false arm. It was strange to her; hearing that sound in relation to the human body usually meant something was very wrong, but Rika didn't feel a thing. Was that a blessing or a curse? The young Hizashi continued to make adjustments, and before long she was doing them with no issues... outside of the bodily exertion of course. "Great job Rika! I know they're simple, but even simple things are gonna be different for you now. It's best to start small... might want to reinforce the arm at some point though. That creaking doesn't bode well."

Sakaki hummed in thought to herself, considering what she should test Rika's new arm with next. After a few moments, an idea struck her, and she looked on the ground to find a medium sized rock. "Alright, let's test your reflexes next. Hold out your hand under mine." Sakaki would hold both of her hands out, the empty one under the one holding the rock by about a foot, and gesture Rika to prepare to catch the rock. "I'm going to drop the rock, and you're going to catch it. If you don't, it'll land in my other hand and we can try again."

Once Rika was ready, Sakaki would wait a few moments to be unpredictable about her release... then suddenly drop the rock. And she'd continue this over and over until Rika caught it.
Active Characters

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:05 pm

"No worries, when I told her I was going out, mom said to take notes on any readjustments that need to be made so once I get home she can work on it and also teach me how maintenance works. Apparently despite it being a puppet itself it needs to be handled a lot differently from others. It's much more delicate and maintenance as such needs to be handled more carefully." Rika explained as she got up from her push ups, moving to ask what was next when she noticed that Sakaki was already deep in thought, likely on that same matter.

And it wouldn't be much longer before her answer came.

"Reflexes, huh? That makes sense." she said with a nod. This would be a good test of how well she could actually control her new arm, as well as helping to refine her own abilities. She took a deep breath and got into position, watching for the moment that the rock dropped to reach out her arm in attempt to swipe it up, only to move too slow and miss entirely, the girl clicking her tongue in slight annoyance.

Shaking her head to clear her mind she waited for the next drop and attempted again, this time missing entirely as she moved too fast, the next attempt after that resulting in her hand brushing against the rock only for it to not respond quickly enough to wrap around and grasp it, she once more clicking her tongue. "Either I need to work on improving my own movements or the joints need fine-tuning. Though it probably won't hurt to re-tune just in case, and I likely need the practice anyways." she whispered under her breath, mentally storing it away as she closely watched for the next drop, this time making her move just as the rock was released, moving just quickly enough to match its own pace, her lips turning up into a grin as finally her arm seemed to properly respond to her commands and she had the object firmly in her grasp.

"Phew, I did it. Definitely showed a few things that need work though, for both me and the arm. I need better movements and the arm's joints seem to be a bit stiff." she said, flexing her fingers a bit as she did, noting that while it was subtle and hard to notice if one wasn't paying attention, they did seem to have just a bit of trouble responding to her orders, though whether that was just her needing practice or the arm itself needing more work she couldn't say, though it was likely both.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:07 pm

Sakaki repeated the reflex test as many times as was needed, noting that Rika's arm seemed a little stiff as she later explained herself. It couldn't be easy, Sakaki figured; controlling this fake arm as if it were her own. It had no feeling, and it wasn't as natural as contracting muscles to create movement. She was basically using chakra in the place of muscle, and has to learn to do with such accuracy that it would be no different than using her right arm. She didn't envy her for that obstacle... but she knew she could do it. The youbg Hizashi had too many things she wanted to do with herself to give up now.

"That was good, Rika! It only took you a few more tries than most people our age. A few adjustments, some more practice, and you'll be just fine I think." She gave a nod of approval as she finished, pleased that her friend was making good progress. "I know you didn't want it at first, but now that you've had some time with it... does it still bother you? I mean, it obviously is still taking some getting used to, but are you at least comfortable with it?" Sakaki was concerned, given Rika's original disposition, that she wouldn't take very well to the prosthetic, a valid concern according to Hanako.

But she was trying at least... perhaps that dislike had been overcome, and she had seen the value in the arm?
Active Characters

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:06 pm

Rika had anticipated that this question would come up at some point but she hadn't expected it to be so soon, the girl chewing on her bottom lip as she contemplated her answer. How did she feel? She hadn't really had a lot of time to think about it between the operation and then learning how to actually use it but based on her experience with it so far, just how did she really feel on the matter. It was definitely strange to have what was essentially a puppet as part of her body but had its presence bothered her at all? Now that she had a moment to really consider it, did she really hate it? She wasn't really bursting with joy but...

"I don't hate it at all. I can at least say that it's been growing on me." she said, pausing as she realized what she had said, lightly chuckling at herself. "Having it around doesn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it might. I thought it might feel foreign and uncomfortable but while it did feel that way at first, hell at first I hated it so much I wanted to just rip it off and go back to how things were, but now it feels like a natural part of my body, aside from the things that still need a bit more work." She paused again, a small, thoughtful smile on her face.

"And you know, I don't think I ever thanked you for helping me to see the error of my ways, for helping me to get even this far." she said, wrapping the girl in as tight a hug as she could manage. "So thank you. If you hadn't come to visit me after the incident, I don't know where I would be right now."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:42 pm

Sakaki understood the concept of something new feeling foreign and uncomfortable... that was exactly how she felt about being a Jinchuuriki at first. Hell, she still did sometimes... But she could never deny Shishire's power, it was simply far to useful for her to repress. Shishire had become familiar to her now, and while they clashed on more than one occasion, she had learned to appreciate it's presence and the benefits provided by it. But of course. You would be a fool to deny my power, the greatest power of all. Shihihihihi... Before she could formulate a reply to Shishire's haughty, better than you response, she was caught off guard by the sudden hug from Rika.

But it felt good. And after a momentary shock, she reciprocated the hug with a warm smile, giving a sort of happy sigh as she did so. "Aww, Rika... You're so welcome. We may have only known each other for a short week or two but I've come to think of you as a close friend. I'm always happy to help my friends." In the depths of Sakaki's mind, the sound of gagging could be heard as Shishire voiced it's dislike for the situation, which earned a small chuckle from Sakaki. And then she realized that, since Rika knew she was a Jinchuuriki now, she could actually talk to her about the genma. "Hehehe... Shishire hates this sort of thing apparently. I heard him gag." I WILL TOLERATE BEING TREATED LIKE SOME JOKE, CHILD!! TREAD CAREFULLY!

She broke from the hug, laughing at Shishire's expense, before taking a deep breath and recentering herself. "Alright, the strength and reflexes seem to be okay. Now I want to look at two things at once; your fine motor control and your ability to mold and control chakra. After all, hand seals are the bread and butter of every shinobi's skillset. You kinda need to be able to do them, right? Try and throw out a couple of jutsu. uhh... Here" Sakaki took a moment to form a few hand seals herself, and a moment later she would create a few basic clones of herself; crude, frail constructs normally meant for simple misdirection tactics, but would serve as great targets for the time being. There were three total, all standing a few meters apart.

Sakaki would distance herself from the clones before gesturing to them. "There. Try and take those clones out with a few ninjutsu techniques."
Active Characters

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Rika honestly found herself a little bit disappointed as the hug broke off but Sakaki was right, there was still work to be done. Though the task in question caused her a bit of pause, the girl realizing that she may have to improvise a bit. She had been so focused on learning her puppetry and various support skills that her offensive library wasn't exactly the most robust. But no matter! While she didn't exactly have the greatest direct offense, she had a plethora of support techniques that she could utilize in some way.

First things first though... Could she even form hand seals with her arm in its current stiff, at times hard to control state. Well, there was only one way to find out and so she proceeded to form a set of hand seals, stumbling at first both from lack of practice and from her prosthetic's current disadvantages, but soon getting the hang of it, her prosthetic seeming to emanate some degree of heat as she channeled chakra to it and indeed heated it up, at that point dashing forward and slugging one of the clones, her punch taking it out with relative ease.

Feeling somewhat pleased with herself she cancelled the technique and went back to her former position, upon arrival forming another set of seals upon completion of which she took a deep breath and expelled a ball of wind from her mouth, it exploding upon contact with another clone. "So far so good. but I hope..." she muttered, channeling chakra to her fingertips, causing several chakra threads to come out of the fingers of both hands much to her relief, and attaching to the puppet sat on the sand next to her. "I hope this works." she spoke under her breath, first giving the set of threads attached to her prosthetic a good flick, Minotaur's arms and legs responding accordingly. Upon seeing that, she figured she may as well test her limits, finding that to her vast joy, her puppet still fully responded to her every command as it danced across the field. "And now for the finale." she exclaimed, the puppet rising high with another flick of her wrists, a tug on the threads revealing a kunai launcher out of which flew but a single kunai, piercing through the clone, or would have had the clone not vanished on contact.

Now feeling fully satisfied she lowered her puppet to the ground and deactivated her chakra threads, the biggest smile she had worn in days on her face. "I'm so glad, I thought for sure that that wouldn't work and that he wouldn't listen to me."
JutsuShow
*Fuuton • Wind Bullet
D-Ranked Fuuton Jutsu
After performing the required hand seals, the user expels a basket ball sized ball of wind from their mouth. This ball of wind travels up to 20m at 5 speed, and explodes with the strength of a single explosive tag on contact with solid matter or at the end of its range.

~Kaenton • Minor Weapon Heating
D-ranked Ninjutsu
After doing the needed hand seals, the user floods the weapon they're holding with Kaenton chakra, raising its temperature by up to 15 degrees Celsius, causing burns on sustained contact. This temperature remains for up to 5 posts or until cancelled by the user.

*[Puppetry Style • Initiate Puppetry Technique]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
The Puppetry Technique is a Ninjutsu technique used by puppeteers. By releasing chakra from their tenketsu, the puppeteer is able to release chakra strings from their finger. These strings are able to move a max of X times 2 meters away, where X is equal to the puppeteer’s control stat. This jutsu allows the puppeteer to attach their chakra strings to inanimate, chakra-less objects at a speed of 10. While an inanimate object is being controlled, it’s treated as if it has a speed equal to the average of the puppeteer’s taijutsu and control.

Puppet: x1 kunai
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:37 pm

Sakaki grinned widely as one by one, Rika tore through her clones with various forms of ninjutsu. The heat jutsu, the fuuton technique, and even full scale puppetry control... By the time it was all over, Sakaki was applauding and jumping with joy. "Yes! Yes! Very good Rika! Those hand seals were only a little slower than normal, I think after a few days of practice you'll be totally up to snuff again in that department! Now then... What else can we test..." Sakaki once again hummed in thought, tapping her chin as she considered what had already been tested. "Let's see... We tested resilience, reflexes, fine motor control, and chakra molding... OOH!"

She snapped her fingers as the eureka moment struck her, and a moment later her hands flew into a series of seals. Once finished, a small transparent black screen of chakra would appear in front of Sakaki; a simple barrier jutsu. "This thing isn't super strong, i'm pretty sure I can break it if I punch it with all my strength. But with that new arm, I think it's important to determine just how much oomph you can put into it. It handled your push ups okay, but throwing a punch is a bit different... Try and break this barrier, without breaking your new arm." She stood behind the barrier, a few feet away, and watched carefully as she waited for Rika to test the limits of her arm's strength.
JutsuShow
*[Ninjutsu • Wall]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user causes a thin 3x3 meter flat barrier to form directly in front of them at a speed of 5. This barrier can take a hit of up to 5 strength before shattering, otherwise it lasts for 3 posts.
Active Characters

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:18 pm

No matter how many times she saw it, Rika didn't think she would ever get used to seeing someone be able to produce black chakra. It was fascinating really but also a bit unnerving and very very strange to say the least. It did make her wonder if there were other ways for one to change the color of their chakra but now wasn't the time to think about that. There was work to be done!

So she had to test her strength huh? That didn't seem too terribly hard by any means. Of course there were any number of things that could go wrong but nothing ventured, nothing gaind. Mom did say that I should still be able to make use of my own physical strength. Let's put that to the test, shall we?

She took a deep breath and got into a stance, focusing singularly on her target as she kicked off, dashing forward and using her puppet arm punched the barrier as hard as she could manage in her current state, frowning as she backed off and saw that she had only cracked the barrier, that frown soon turning into a smile as that crack spread and it soon shattered. "Seems like I hit it with just enough strength for it to break, but not hard enough to instantly shatter it. Though once again my arm responded to my commands a bit more slowly than I really would have liked. Definitely need to readjust the joints but I also very clearly need to practice more before any future missions or even the chuunin exams." she noted, her observations causing her to let out a sigh, she seeming to be getting a bit tired, which she was, but this sigh was for a different reason.

"I tell ya, the next few days are going to be exhausting, between maintenance and training. I don't know when I'm going to have time to go back to the library and laze around with a good book. I also still need to work on Genbu and not to mention eating and sleeping. I swear, my life is too busy for this. There's just so much I need to do." she spoke as she paced around, for once seeming to actually be speaking her complaints and worries out loud. It seemed that more than one thing had changed in the past several days.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:05 pm

Sakaki watched with a smile as Rika managed to shatter her barrier in a single punch, although Rika's own observation told her that it still wasn't quite up to full power. "Don't fret Rika, I'm sure in a couple weeks you'll be back to 100%. Especially by the time you take your exams." The Chuunin exams... She hadn't even told Rika yet that she was up for her own soon. It felt wrong honestly; Rika was older than her, and in Sakaki's opinion she was the superior shinobi. But maybe it had something to do with the genma, and her progress with it. She didn't know, but the fact was the fact, and it was something she had to be prepared for soon.

It seemed Rika had her own set of problems too, and no end to the amount of work to do on her puppets. "I know the feeling, believe me. My own exam is coming up soon actually, and I feel like i'm nowhere near ready. Couple that in with dealing with voices in my head, and having to check in with a handler all the time, and now scribe work... And i'm not even 11 yet! It just... It feels like a lot, you know? We're kids. When do we get to just be kids?" It started off as sort of a joke, but by the end it kind of turned serious... It was clear Sakaki could definitely use a break from all this stuff, especially with Rika's loss of arm. It didn't even happen to Sakaki, but this arm business was a ton of extra stress for the pair.

"Hmm... Maybe we should go to a spring or something soon? It'd be a good way to relax."
Active Characters

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:30 pm

Rika simply sighed again as she listened to Sakaki speak, feeling more tired by the moment. Seemed that they both had their own problems, they were a bit different but in the amounted to what was really the same thing. They both seemed to have a lot of responsibilities for a pair of kids. "Ah jeez, I'm getting sleepy just by thinking about the amount of work I have waiting for when I'm fully recovered. I love my work, I really do, but it's just piling up more and more the longer I leave it alone." she said with her head hung, only to perk back up at the possibility of a vacation.

"Ya know what, let's do it! We deserve a chance to relax without any kind of silly business floating over our heads." Normally she might have been more hesitant but now? It seemed like the absolute best idea in the world. Maybe it really was.

But... "For now let's go home. I need to report to mom and then I'm gonna go fall in my bed. Work on my arm can wait until tomorrow." she said, reaching out her false hand to grab one of Sakaki's own hands.

"Now come on, let's go together part of the way."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:39 am

The similarities between Sakaki and Rika were numerous it seemed. They both had much to do, and they both loved to do it, but they were both in positions recently that forced them to put their workload off until they were overwhelmed by the load. "Hey, don't forget that rest is important too, especially for you. You only just got out of the hospital a week ago, ease into it one step at a time okay? I don't want to hear about you prolonging your recovery because you got too overzealous!"

She waggled a finger playfully at Rika before nodding in agreemenr with her at the idea of a small vacation between the two. "Awesome! I'm still not allowed to stray far from Suna... comes with the jinchuuriki territory. But i'm sure we can find a nice spa here in the village to visit, and maybe we can convince Souta to make us sushi! He's my handler, and you wouldn't believe how good of a cook he is." she was drooling just thinking of Souta and his food, especially because of how rare and expensive fish was in Suna. She was sure Rika would enjoy the little outing... whenever they got the chance to do it.

In the meantime, Rika had a neverending workload, and Sakaki had some stuff to do herself, but she smiled as Rika extended her fake arm to take Sakaki's. Sakaki returned the gesture, taking Rika's and meeting eyes with her. "Of course Rika. I'd be happy to." With that the two genin would leave the training ground, talking about their upcoming staycation until they reached the breakaway point in their walk home and waving goodbye as they parted ways.
Active Characters

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”