Exploring a New Frontier

Closed; Kabu, Iza, Ty

Kabu

Exploring a New Frontier

Post by Kabu » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Frankly after traversing the awful awful desert and exploring the village with Fanho and Taiga, Masami had been too exhausted to do much on her own and so had almost immediately passed out upon arrival to where they were staying. But now it was a new day and she had woken bright and early, eager to see the sights and sounds of the village now that she had some time to herself. She ate a quick breakfast and chatted with their host a bit before leaving, letting out a sigh as the hot air came rushing towards her. It was hot but frankly she didn't hate it like she thought she might. It was a comfortable heat, unlike that which she had experienced within the desert proper.

Anyways, without a particular destination in mind she headed down the street, watching the residents of Suna as they began their days, shops preparing to open, shinobi heading out to train or to simply relax after a heavy mission, and civilians simply enjoying their mornings. While some of the things she saw did seem to be different, it was remarkable to her just how similar the peoples of different villages could be to those of another.

And it was as she was doing this all that she spotted a familiar looking back, she then jogging up to the figure at a rapid pace and taking a peek at his face, smiling at the familiar sight of Takeo's son Yozei. "Yozei? Good morning, but what are you doing here?" she asked, having been told nothing about this when Fanho had come to pick her up nor had it been brought up at any point during their travel. So really, what on earth could the boy be doing in such a place as this?
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Izanagi

Exploring a New Frontier

Post by Izanagi » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:49 pm

Thus far the sand village had been mostly underwhelming. The architecture was interesting, and he had heard talk of creative use of water systems and greenhouses, but the village seemed to be a bit lacking in hospitality. Sure, they tried and there was a decent welcoming party but that all felt rather superficial and when it came time for the various groups to branch off and take a tour of the village, Yozei had opted to go off on his own. Well, he had his father’s personal bodyguards, a pair of skilled Jounin by the name of Awai Masuru and Senju Toshiaki but after a bit of convincing Yozei managed to slip away from them, although not after swallowing one of Toshiaki’s tracking seeds. Ensuring he would be able to find him with ease if necessary. It was the first time in generations since a group of Konoha shinobi had entered Sunagakure, perhaps any outsiders for that matter so it was understandable that most residents seemed to be a little withdrawn. The streets seemed more barren than they should have been and the handful of people he had seen gave him a polite smile but tended to avoid eye contact and have somewhat standoffish body language. It was the type of thing he was well accustomed to and could read easily with just a glance. He had grown up a bastard of one of the two royal families of Fire Country after all, allowed to reside in the palace but always subtly treated like he didn’t quite belong even if nobody was audacious enough to say such a thing to his face.

After a long caravan trip, spanning several days Yozei only really wanted some real food and perhaps a cold glass of water. He was wearing grey shorts and a red shirt so the heat wasn’t too bad especially in the village itself but he still wished he had worn something more like a haori for a bit of better air flow. There were some occasions were he missed the formal wear of nobility though for the most part he had adapted quite well to the comparatively casual lifestyle of a shinobi. He still had his headband on, proud of his accomplishments, having even been promoted to Chunin recently as well as being gifted a new Katana that was an heirloom of the Harukatsu family, an honor he never thought would have been awarded to someone like him. Though even being a bastard, it was an exceptional thing for someone with the blood of the Harukatsu in them to become a shinobi, the first in history, at least that he was aware of and he had studied such things diligently as a child.

Not particularly aware of his surroundings the 16 year old meandered through the streets, still admiring the sandstone walls that gave the village a sort of ancient feel although he noticed there were plenty of more modern architecture and innovations as well, no doubt a result of the former Kazekage’s efforts. He had witnessed the man briefly, having arrived in Konoha for the first time on the same day Hito visited. The day of Takeo’s inauguration as Hokage. Yozei had come a long way since then and he felt confident he would continue to flourish. Perhaps he would help bind the hidden villages and bring about peace, following in the example that his father had set. ‘Easier said than done when I cant even seem to find anyone to talk to’ he reflected before suddenly being approached from behind. He jumped a little, having not expected anyone to run right up to him and his eyes widened in surprise as he realized it was someone he knew. “Masami!? I’m as surprised to see you. Glad though” he added. He never knew quite how to act around the woman. She was the same age as his step-mother and her best friend but neither were really all that much older than him. The twins called her Auntie but he had never really seen her that way, having not grown up around her. Sometimes he caught himself staring at her chest and other times he just felt the urge to scratch her ear or pet her like a dog. No matter the situation it was often uncomfortable despite how pleasant she was to be around. “We just arrived, a caravan of about twenty or so. Supposed to be a field trip, a show of trust and a learning experience or something like that, mostly fresh Genin and some chaperones but they tossed me in too, probably because dad couldn’t make it” he explained. It was actually a relief to see her even it was completely unexpected.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

TyDie

Exploring a New Frontier

Post by TyDie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:19 pm

"I'm... So... BORED!" The poor, bored jinchuuriki cried out, not particularly loudly but enough that it brought annoyance to the spirit within her. Yes, I heard you the first time, child. As did most of the village, I imagine. It is not my duty to fix that problem for you. I could care less how bored you... The genma suddenly paused in the midst of it's annoying lecture, something that caught Sakaki way off guard... Shishire was never one to interrupt itself, and was always too happy to chide Sakaki for her childish qualities, rooting them out one by one. So shocked was she that even she paused in the middle of the streets. I don't even know if I should be asking this... but are you okay? You don't typically trail off like that.

West. Go west. Sakaki physically tilted her head, earning a few strange looks but nothing more from the public. "Uh, what?" Has your sense left you child? I said go west! NOW! Sakaki once again reacted visibly to the genma's fury, shirking a bit as if someone was about to strike her. Without a word she did as Shishire instructed, taking off west down a side alley that lead into another main street, one lined with shops and stalls being opened for early business. Alright I did it, now are you going to tell me- Hush! I sense... a presence. One I haven't sensed in centuries... I know that presence... There! The genma spoke, and suddenly Sakaki saw what she was referring to... a strange looking woman, with dog ears and antlers? What on earth kind of clan was she from?

...Aturasu... Shishire spoke out across the distance to the other genma, while Sakaki was more confused than ever. But if Shishire was interested in this 'Aturasu', maybe she was a cool person? It cured her boredom if nothing else. And so Sakaki approached the girl and her comrade, only realizing upon getting closer that they were not Suna shinobi. That forehead protector, the emblem it bore, was of the Leaf Village; Konoha. "Woah... Excuse me, Aturasu I think? Are you from Konoha?" The genma within her sighed loudly, obviously knowing that the woman was not Aturasu; she was the jinchuuriki of Aturasu. But without knowing that herself, how was Sakaki to know the difference? How was Sakaki to even know that there were other jinchuuriki out there... others like her?
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Kabu

Exploring a New Frontier

Post by Kabu » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:17 am

"Well, looks like we're here for similar reasons, though our circumstances may be a bit different. I'm here on a field trip of sorts as well, along with Awai Fanho and Sarutobi Taiga. Some sort of diplomatic venture I think. Though really so far it's seeming more like a vacation and lucky for me since you're here, that's one less person to buy souvenirs for." she said with a chuckle and a smile. She knew that the boy was a bit uncomfortable around her, a problem she one day hoped to solve, but he was Takeo's son and Aina's step-son and that made him family, and she was going to treat him as such.

Child, I sense something, a familiar presence heading this way. She had been about to ask Yozei what he had planned and if he wanted to spend some time together when Atarasu suddenly spoke from within her mind, seeming to be just a bit on edge.. and also having something else on his mind, something that he was keeping well hidden from her. She did wonder what that last bit was about but she chose not to question it.

Of course you feel a presence. We are away from home after all and Suna does have its own pair of jinchuuriki, remember? We met them before back in Waterfall, though that does feel like it took place a long time ago now. There's a good chance they're coming this way because they sensed us as well. she responded, speaking calmly as possible to try and calm the beast down. Frankly she was excited to get to meet with Suna's jinchuuriki again after such a long time, especially now that the two villages were on friendlier terms than ever before.

Very well child, do as you must but I shall be ever vigilant.

She mentally rolled her eyes but otherwise ignored the beast as she finally broke the short silence she had held in the real world. "So if you don't have anything planned, how about we spend some time together while we have the chance." she finally asked the question she had been meaning to ask this entire time, the pair at that point being approached by a little girl addressing her as... Atarasu? How did she know that name... Unless?

Shishire... I thought I smelled death. Atarasu called out, the mention of that name causing Masami to instinctively let out a gasp, the sound attracting stares from the people around them, not that she really noticed. Shishire? But that can't be right./i] she began, very briefly leaning in closer to look into the girl's eyes. But the traits do match up... she finished, some part of her not fully willing to believe it despite the truth of the matter being right in front of her. Something had happened and the soul genma had a new jinchuuriki.

She quickly shook her head to get her thoughts back in order. There would be plenty of time to think about that later. For now she had to correct this case of mistaken identity. "No, my name's Inuzuka Masami, but I am of Konoha. And the boy is Natsuki Yozei, the son of our Hokage." she spoke to the girl with a smile, sounding calm but really being in a slight panic. Oh, what was she to do about this? Yozei was right there. Did she spill the beans here and now? No, there were too many people around. Really, what was a girl to do at a time like this?
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Izanagi

Exploring a New Frontier

Post by Izanagi » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:50 pm

Yozei took in the information, "Fanho and Taiga huh?" He had heard their names before, skilled shinobi from the sounds of it. Even Masami seemed to be growing in skill and reputation to be traveling with them on some sort of diplomatic endeavor. She mentioned suveneirs and Yozei realized that wasn't a bad idea. "I didn't even think of that. Hanako and the twins will want something for sure." The woman suggested spending some time together and Yozei shrugged, "Sure, I guess we can look around together, maybe grab something to eat too" he suggested with a slight smile. Running into Masami already seemed to improve his mood a little, perhaps this trip would end up being good bonding time for the two of them.

They walked along for a minute or so, Yozei keeping an eye out for any shops or restaurants that might look interesting. He hadn't noticed at all that Masami seemed a little unnerved about something. When the little girl rounded a corner and mentioned something about Aturasu, Yozei stopped, a little startled as his left hand rested on the tsuba of his sword. The name seemed vaguely familiar, like he had heard it before. Perhaps during one of Masami's visits at the house with Aina, but that wasn't what had startled him. It was the girls eeerie black eyes.

She seemed somehow unnatural, like a spirit or a genjutsu. Dark clothes, pale skin and black eyes within a village in the middle of a desert. Not only that but a village that worshiped the light and the sun. It was enough to send a shiver down his spine as he couldn't shake the feeling that something was off about this encounter. Perhaps she was reclusive and stayed inside a lot but her personality seemed vibrant and outgoing. Masami answered the girl and introduced him as well when he failed to do so. She seemed oddly casual about the situation, 'My instincts must be off' he assumed. Masami was a skilled Jounin with presumably more knowledge of Sunagakure than him. This girl was likely simply from a clan he had never heard of and it would be rude to treat her poorly. If she was a real person.

Diplomacy came rather naturally for him, having grown up within the Harukatsu family who handled all of Fire Countries foreign and domestic relations. "It's a pleasure to meet you" he greeted warmly, bowing in a curteous and precise manner that seemed to display more elequance and grace than he usually had around Konoha. Within the leaf he had grown casual and relaxed but deep within he still carried some of the more proper mannerisms he was raised with. Even if his family paled in comparison to the rigid formalities of their rival, co-ruling family; the Toshikane.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

TyDie

Exploring a New Frontier

Post by TyDie » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:37 pm

Sakaki felt a little uncomfortable herself, as both the dog eared woman and the boy she spoke to paused amd eyed her over, ogling her various physical traits... no doubt uneased by her odd qualities, bestowed upon her by Shishire's presence. It got even more awkward when the woman introduced herself not as Aturasu, but as Masami. A blush crossed her face as embarassment took hold, her hands fumbling a moment before she pressed her fingertips together, a sort of nervous tick.

"Oh... my apologies, I thought... nevermind. It's a pleasure to meet the both of you as well. I am Izanami Sakaki, A simple genin of Sunagakure. How have you been enjoying the village, and what brings you all this way?" She tried her best to remain formal and proper, giving a bow in response to Yozei's, but deep inside she just wanted to explode with questions about Konoha. So badly did she want to see other lands, and here she was speaking to foreigners.

Meanwhile, it appeared that Shishire had it's own conversation to maintain. Tch, and I smelled weakness. It appears my sense was right, seeing as you appeared before me, Aturasu. Sakaki paused again, as the genma spoke. There's that name again, but she said her name- I was not speaking to the woman, child. You are not the only Jinchuuriki; She bears host to Aturasu, an inferior genma who boasts control over what you humans refer to as the Fusion elements. It pales in comparison to myself, of course... Shihihihihi...

Sakaki's eyes slowly lit up as she eyed Masami more closely... She was a jinchuuriki too? She had a genma within her? "You... You're a jinchuuriki?" She stated it with awe, having not even considered that she would encounter others like her... for the first time since her sealing, she didn't feel so alone. Her blackened eyes turned to Yozei, a smile on her face now as she addressed him. "Are... you too?"
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Kabu

Exploring a New Frontier

Post by Kabu » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:21 pm

For a moment Masami bit her bottom lip, contemplating her next actions but eventually she relented, letting out a quiet sigh. Already they had gotten in far too deep for her to refuse to answer or to really push it off for any amount of time. "Yes, I am a jinchuuriki. Host to Atarasu no Sougenma, the Fusions Phantom. I have been for quite some time now." she answered the girl's question with a small smile and complete honesty. She had to admit she was a tad uncomfortable about answering such a question in the middle of the street but there weren't many people around and the girl was still clearly very young and inexperienced so she really couldn't be too mad about it.

"Bah, power means nothing without skill and experience." Atarasu spat out in response to Shishire's gloating, Masami this time visibly rolling her eyes at how riled up he seemed to be getting. Really it was kind of scary that these interactions between spirits didn't even really phase her anymore. They were both acting like children but of course she wasn't about to let the genma hear that, instead tucking the thought away into a small corner of her mind safeguarded for her own personal thoughts.

You just thought something very rude, didn't you child?" Aturasu roared in response to sensing a thought he couldn't read, Masami herself simply giggling at his vindiction before turning her attention back towards Sakaki and Yozei. "Say, Sakaki why don't you spend some time with us." she began, looking directly over towards Yozei at that point. "What do you think, Yozei?"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Izanagi

Exploring a New Frontier

Post by Izanagi » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:00 pm

Yozei relaxed a little bit as Sakaki introduced herself. He was mildly surprised that she was a Genin just based off how tiny and young she appeared but given her traits he had assumed that she was set out for the path of the shinobi. He wondered how the academy system of Sunagakure compared to that of Konoha, perhaps they started earlier or maybe she was particularly gifted. “The architecture is breathtaking; it feels like a different world from Konoha.” Yozei beamed, he truly enjoyed seeing such a marvelous and innovative village, teeming with life. The air felt lighter here, less humid but still fresh and fragrant with the scent of plant-life and water. The sun was direct, making it easier to burn though also flooding one’s body with warmth wherever one walked whereas in Konoha the warmth felt more ambient and with the increased humidity not nearly as noticeable unless in the middle of Summer. “Shinobi from Sunagakure have been travelling to Konoha for years, helping to rebuild our village and meeting with my father to discuss politics, mostly the former Kazekage Hito-Sama. As a show of our growth as allies the current Kazekage, Sueatsu-Sama has allowed a number of our shinobi to visit your village and learn more of your culture and way of life” Yozei explained, his cerulean blue eyes shining with optimism.

There was much Yozei wished to see in the village though he had felt rather uncomfortable wandering about without a resident of Sunagakure. Perhaps he should have stayed with the tour group but after living in Konoha he had grown used to friendly citizens that were always helpful. Walking streets alone was never an issue, save for maybe a few very select neighborhoods and only at night. He felt his excitement returning though the more he realized this girl was not someone to be feared and was in fact quite pleasant to be around. Another unfamiliar word came out of the mouth of the young girl, this one even more foreign than the last. “Jin..chuuriki?” he muttered, more to himself than anyone else as he struggled to place the meaning of such a thing. He looked to Masami for explanation and was surprised by this revelation. He had known her for years and had never realized that she was host to some sort of Phantom spirit by the sounds of it. Just what did that mean exactly? The girl asked if Yozei was one too and he paused. “I’m not sure. I don’t think so” he processed, now finding himself in doubt. Masami seemed quite familiar with the term and aware of what she contained within her but Yozei didn’t have that same confidence. Something had happened to him while helping to contain the spirits that had broken free and spread throughout Wind Country, Oasis and even into Fire Country. He had only entered the form a handful of times and it still didn’t feel quite real. It was like he was still himself but also not. His chakra changed and he still felt in control to some extent, but it was like he became someone else entirely. The feeling afterward was terrifying but perhaps Masami and Sakaki would have some answers.

But what if he was something else? He wasn’t sure how the village would treat such a thing. It seemed best to keep it to himself. He had seemed rather distracted and withdrawn as he considered such thoughts though he smiled when Masami asked for his opinion, still having been vaguely aware of what was being said around him. “Of course! I was hoping to find someone interesting to show us around” he agreed. He was curious what more might come of this meeting and both watchful and wary as he hoped to hear more about these spirits that resided in each of them.

TyDie

Exploring a New Frontier

Post by TyDie » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:17 pm

So there it was; This woman in front of her was a jinchuuriki, just like her. She lit up with excitement as Masami explained her genma's name was Aturasu, and it gave her power over the fusion elements as Shishire explained. She only knew of Suna's fusion elements of course; The Hizashi clan could use Heat, and the Kouseki could use crystal. Did that mean she could use those styles? Oh the questions she had to ask! But first she'd calm herself, as it was clear Yozei had no idea what she was talking about with this "jinchuuriki" thing, and no doubt her handlers were having a conniption right now realizing she was speaking to outsiders. Heh... what would Souta think? He might be watching her right now...

Yozei's tale made sense to her, as Sakaki was well aware of all of the strides being made by Suna as they assisted their allies in Konoha. She just hadn't expected outsiders to show up in Suna anytime soon; Sueatsu must really trust the village to allow such a thing. "I think that's amazing! I can't speak for others, but I for one am super happy to have the chance to speak to our allies from Konoha. I'll be happy to spend some time with you two, I'll show you some of my favorite places in the village!" Sakaki practically beamed with pride and excitement... who would've thought she'd get to lead a couple Konoha shinobi around her homeland? Well, there goes my boredom! Gah... Must we really spend time around my brethren like this? I can think of at least a hundred other things i'd rather do... "Deal with it, Shishire. I'm not about to pass up this chance."

She spoke aloud, likely confusing her newfound companions, but telling the spirit within her to basically stuff it. "Have either of you seen the Scribe's Library yet? It's absolutely incredible, the most massive library in all of wind country, and perhaps the world!" She wasn't really sure about that last part, having never actually left wind country before, but the fact remained that it was easily one of the largest in the five villages. As she lead the way there, when they were away from other ears, she had to ask some more questions. "So Masami... You say that Aturasu is the Fusions phantom... What does that mean exactly? That you can perform the secret arts of our Hizashi and Kouseki clans? Can you perform Heat and Crystal jutsu? And you Yozei, You seem different from Masami somehow... Forgive the analysis, I might be over reading, but you don't strike me as a typical shinobi. You almost strike me as some kind of nobility, the way you carry yourself."

She had no idea what exactly these two were, but as she saw a quiet back alley on the way to the scribes, she cut through it as a shortcut before turning to her comrades and asking a rather invasive question. "So, the spirit within me taught me this trick... It's sort of like sensory? But basically, uh, I want to ask your permission to... analyze your souls. Just some basic recordings, nothing personal I swear. Is... that okay?" Why ask permission, child? Just do it, they would never even know... Yeah, like they're not gonna ask questions about my hand seals? No, i'm not going to threaten them like that, they're guests here and i'll treat them with kindness and respect. That's what would make the best appearance... Isn't that important to you? The genma went quiet, obviously relenting to Sakaki's methods for the time being... clearly it had hammered the concept of proper appearance into her mind, and for now that was enough for Shishire.
Active Characters

Kabu

Exploring a New Frontier

Post by Kabu » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:56 pm

I must say child, I don't like this arrangement but I sense you cannot be dissuaded so do as you must. As with Shishire, Aturasu was quick to voice his displeasure, though having grown used to his host having such whims he otherwise chose not to argue on the matter.

Aturasu, trust me. It's not very often I get a chance like this, a chance to pass on my years of experience. This is a chance to get to know a foreigner and impart my knowledge onto a junior jinchuuriki. she responded, her response earning a mysterious chuckle from the genma that she chose to ignore, instead turning her attention back to the two kids in front of her, just in time for Sakaki to ask a question regarding her abilities to which she nodded. "I can perform Heat jutsu but while I've gained the ability to utilize Crystal, I haven't yet begun to work with it. I've gotten to the point where I hve full mastery over the powers of the genma itself but I've still got a lot of work to do in mastering the abilities it's granted to me." she admitted, a slight blush on her face as she scratched a cheek in slight embarrassment.

Meanwhile she was also contemplating Yozei's uncertainty in the question that Sakaki had posed. The boy surely wasn't a jinchuuriki himself but she did know that he had helped combat the spirit outbreak that had occurred some months back. Perhaps the residual chakra had had some kind of effect on him. He wasn't a jinchuuriki and if he was possessed then surely someone would have noticed and expelled it... but there was very little doubt in her mind that with that kind of uncertainty, something had certainly changed within the boy and it was very likely the work of spirits.

And as Sakaki spoke once more with a request, Masami simply tilted her head, taking a moment to think on it. Aturasu would definitely kick up a fuss and she might get an earful later if anyone were to find out but surely it couldn't hurt. "I don't mind. I admit I'm not too certain of what you'll actually find though."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Izanagi

Exploring a New Frontier

Post by Izanagi » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:21 pm

Yozei smiled politely as Sakaki offered to show them around the village, “Thank you” he responded sincerely, bowing his head slightly in respect. When she spoke to the spirit within her aloud, he didn’t seem to react. He had accepted that was something that was sure to happen from time to time and he wasn’t rude enough to draw any attention to it. She mentioned the library and his eyes lit up with genuine interest. “That sounds wonderful. I’m always interested in reading, both regarding fantasy novels and keeping up with my studies” he shared warmly. In fact, he spent more time reading in his room or under the shade of a nice tree than he did socialize with others. And even in addition to his learning of shinobi arts he received private tutelage in more advanced studies required by the royal family.

He curiously absorbed the information pertaining to Masami’s abilities. ‘Fusion Elements, so for Konoha that would be Hiton and Mokuton’ he considered. That was quite a unique and impressive array of skills. ‘Just how strong is she?’ he wondered, looking at the woman in a new light now. Being a Jounin was impressive in itself but to boast the ability to learn such a variety of styles; surely, she was capable of some devastating combinations and mid to long-range fighting. The young Suna shinobi turned her line of questioning toward Yozei and the auburn-haired teenager smiled almost bashfully as it seemed he was found out. She was quite attentive. “Must be the traveling that brings out the more formal side of me” he admitted a little awkwardly, thinking on it for a moment he certainly had slipped into old habits while talking to her. “But yes, you’re right. I’m from the Harukatsu family on my mom’s side. My grandfather is the current Daimyo of Fire Country but not for much longer, soon it will be time for Fire country’s other noble family, the Toshikane to rule.” He explained. It was a well-balanced system that kept both families in check and had put an end to their conflicts though a sort of rivalry continued to persist.

Sakaki led them along a little further before suddenly cutting into an alley, naturally, Yozei grew slightly warier but not particularly unnerved. He lifted his brow slightly at the peculiar question, once again shifting his gaze to Masami to judge her reaction first. When she agreed, he decided to defer to her judgment, trusting her completely as a higher-ranking shinobi and as a close family friend. “Alright, sure” he agreed, forcing himself to smile although he was feeling a little bit uncertain, mostly because he had no idea what she would discover.

TyDie

Exploring a New Frontier

Post by TyDie » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:40 pm

Sakaki took in all of the information provided by both shinobi regarding her inquisitions into both of their stories, noting that Masami was indeed capable of utilizing the fusion releases of Suna's clans. "That's incredible Masami! I can't help but wonder how the clan leaders would feel about that... but they must know Aturasu exists, and is capable of such power. The genma have existed for millennia after all, we can hardly consider them a surprise nowadays." She smirked at her own observation, knowing full well that Shishire was simmering with anger inside at being marginalized in such a way. Do not think I have played all of my cards child, even after thousands of years I still have secrets... Pushing Shishire's comments aside for now, Sakaki's smirking continued as she realized she was right; Yozei was Fire Country royalty.

"Very interesting... A shinobi and an heir. You seem very modest for royalty though, I always get the impression that royal family members are all snobby and self important, but I don't get that vibe from you at all. I guess that's a good thing though!" She had had enough snobby behavior in Shishire, she didn't need it in a friend too... heh, friend. She was already thinking of them like that. It also seemed they were happy to let her perform her analysis of their souls, which would allow her to catalog the information for later. "Thanks! I promise you won't feel a thing." Taking a deep breath and closing her eyes, Sakaki performed a short series of hand seals and funneled chakra to her eyes. When she was done, as she peered into their souls, she noticed two oddities that she hadn't noticed in other souls.

The first was Masami, who bore not one but two separate souls within her body. She could only assume that had to do with Aturasu's presence, as they were clearly different and separated, but strongly connected. On the other hand, Yozei's soul seemed... scarred. Different. changed in some way, influenced by some outer force. "How interesting... Masami, you bear both the soul of yourself and Aturasu. I've never seen that before, but of course you're the first jinchuuriki other then myself I've seen. But Yozei, you're even more interesting... Has something happened to you? Your soul is strange... as if it were infused with some other presence. It's not two souls, it's one soul with... odd differences that make it seem like two within a single soul. i don't mean to disconcert you, but it's incredibly different."

She proceeded to do another few sets of hand seals as she spoke, allowing her to see both Yozei's and Masami's primary affinities. Masami's was the most interesting in this regard, because it was swirls of red and yellow, signifying that her "primary" affinity was some sort of mixture of Katon and Raiton. Yozei on the other hand shared her affinity for Katon ninjutsu... perhaps he could teach her a thing or two. And after that, she would proceed to evaluate the strength of their souls... both of them were of greater power than her own soul, but Masami's was much greater than Yozei's. It made sense, being both the host of a genma and a jounin. This was all interesting, valuable information... which she then proceeded to record within her mind using one final technique, and another series of hand seals. Once all of that was said and done, she let out a small breath and straightened herself out again, an embarrassed chuckle coming from her. "Heh, that was a little more involved then I thought it would be... But it helped me out a lot. I really need to use that more often... It's a valuable skill to have. But now that it's done, Yozei... what's going on with you and your odd soul?"
JutsuShow
[Soul Sight]
D-Rank Shijutsu
Sakaki performs a series of hand seals, funneling Shishire's chakra into her eyes as she does so. This allows her to see the souls of any living beings within 10 meters. This jutsu requires no concentration from Sakaki to maintain, and lasts for 3 posts.

[Soul's Affinity]
D-Rank Shijutsu
Sakaki performs a series of hand seals, augmenting an already active variant of the Soul Sight jutsu with additional chakra. Using this jutsu, Sakaki enables herself to see a target's primary affinity, their wispy soul changing color based on whatever primary affinity they have. This jutsu only lasts for a single post.

[Evaluate the Soul]
C-Rank Shijutsu
Sakaki performs a series of hand seals, funneling Shishire's chakra into her eyes after using a version of the Soul Sight Jutsu. By doing so, Sakaki will be able to compare the “strength” of each soul she is able to see to each other. The “strength” of the individual is determined by the average of each person’s Stamina, Control and Strength stats. Sakaki can determine who's soul is more powerful than others, allowing her to pick out possible risks. This jutsu lasts for 4 posts.

[Collection of The Morrigan]
C-Rank Shijutsu
Prerequisite: 20 Instinct
Sakaki performs a series of hand seals, funneling some of her chakra into a target within range of her current variant of the Soul Sight Jutsu. In doing so, she commits details of that particular soul to her memory, adding the soul's information to an archive of souls. Doing so enables her to pick out archived souls amongst a crowd, put a name and face to the soul even if she cannot see them, and even recall previous information gathered about the subject such as previous sensory evaluations performed on the soul. This archiving lasts indefinitely.
Active Characters

Kabu

Exploring a New Frontier

Post by Kabu » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:11 am

Masami gave Sakaki a nervous smile as she mentioned the clan leaders, having been afraid of that very thing herself. She knew that the clan leaders of even her own village weren't happy to know about her now unrestricted access to their abilities so she had to think that the other villages would be absolutely livid at the thought. She did want to one day somehow earn their trust but for now, frankly she was terrified to even think of what they may do if they got their hands on her.

Luckily a distraction soon came in the form of Sakaki's deductions about Yozei, raising a brow at how easily she deduced the boy's origins. Really, how could such a little girl be so capable of such inquisitiveness and powers of deduction? Could this be one of Shishire's boons? It was very interesting indeed and she would have to test it out at a later time.

And then came the soul reading, Masami being admittedly unsurprised by her own results. She and Aturasu were linked, their connection having grown only stronger as her mastery had grown, but they were still very much separate as individuals.

It was Yozei that she was surprised by, her earlier suspicions were indeed correct. Something had happened to the boy and that something most definitely was linked with spirits. "It's not possession and surely Aturasu would have told me if there was another Jinchuuriki so close to me. The only one who might know would be someone with greater knowledge of spirits and the kinds of effects prolonged exposure can have on humans, likely a sealer or handler." she thought out loud, head tilted and arms crossed as she pondered the mysterious circumstances.

"Yozei, if anything feels off at any point make sure to let someone know, okay?" she finally said with a sigh, worriedly looking towards the boy. Whatever it was that had happened she would feel awful if it left any negative effects and even worse if she were left in the dark about it.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Izanagi

Exploring a New Frontier

Post by Izanagi » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:40 pm

Yozei listened as Sakaki spoke so candidly of the Genma, she seemed quite knowledgeable about them though he supposed it made sense seeing as how she was a Jinchuuriki and lived in a place that boasted the most comprehensive library and records in the world. Typically, only Jounin and Bannin from Konoha knew about Genma or most other significant spirits, though there were always exceptions from those who had connections in the right circles or who stumbled upon the realization themselves from interactions with Jinchurriki. “Depends on who you are I presume. I hardly know anything about the Genma and I’m the Hokage’s son” he asserted. Certainly, nobody within the royal family had ever talked about such spirits either, least not around him and he often heard much more than he was supposed to within those palace walls.

The young prince of sorts smiled softly, there was an odd mixture of pain and pride behind those cerulean blue eyes. “I haven’t been legitimized as an heir of the Harukatsu, though if I was, I would be fourth in line but a prince all the same. At least on our side of the family. Nonetheless I was raised in the palace. I moved to Konoha five years ago and became a shinobi. My mother tells me that if I prove myself, earn my place that I may yet be legitimized. After all it has been many generations since anyone of royal blood learned the shinobi arts. I stand in a unique position to represent the Harukatsu and Konoha, to unite Fire Country should tension ever arise between shinobi and nobility.” He stated proudly, having come to the realization that he could view his circumstances as a blessing rather than a misfortune.

The auburn-haired teenager tried to stifle his feelings of discomfort and trepidation as Sakaki analyzed his soul. He knew there was something different, something he couldn’t quite explain even if he had his own hunches. Surely, she would be able to give him some answers. What she said made sense to him, he exhaled slowly relieved. That he wasn’t crazy, that he hadn’t imagined it back in Fur Country when something had changed when being toyed around with by Kotaru. ‘So its not still inside me, not really’ he considered, processing what she told him. “I think I understand then” he said ominously. He was rather intelligent in his own right, having received much more education than most shinobi and certainly bounds more than any commoner. Sakaki certainly was persistent in her pursuit of understanding, brash even. It was something he was accustomed to. Royalty always kept their true thoughts veiled, utilizing manipulation and facades to discover the secrets of others. To be asked outright made him pause for a second before exhaling slowly. Right, he was a shinobi now. Despite also being known for their deceit and underhanded tactics while on mission he found most were rather blunt when speaking to one another.

The Chunin listened to Masami’s input, he hadn’t considered that if the spirit truly dwelled within him that she would have picked up on it months ago. Perhaps if he had just come to her about his concerns he could have found peace of mind much sooner. But then again he hadn’t known she was a Jinchuuriki, that she would have so much insight to offer. “That comforts me. Though I was possessed at some point, at least for a short while. Last year during Suna’s spirit outbreak I helped to contain and defeat a number of spirits, some much more dangerous than others. As I pushed further into Wind country and made my way to one of the smaller villages on my own I encountered some kind of Fire spirit. It took control of me but eventually, it was removed by a Suna shinobi and sealed away. I thought nothing more of it and I never gave the man my name, I needed to rest and he had already moved on to help others by the time I awoke. It must have corrupted something within me, left some of its chakra as an anchor to me. When pushed too far I change, take on some of its qualities. It makes me stronger but I also lose a part of myself.” He explained solemnly. He didn’t like talking about his own issues, preferring to handle them on his own. He was scared what the Harukatsu would think if they discovered this curse and yet the power he felt was intoxicating. He knew it would help him to achieve his goals and would fight to keep it from being stripped away from him.

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”