[Closed] Death's Big Reveal

Sakaki and Souta

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:40 pm

The day after her communion with Shishire, Sakaki had spent the majority of the day in her room alone. She had taken her blanket and cast it over the window to her room, not wanting to see the light in her room for once... and of course, not wanting the genma handlers to watch her too much. While she sat in the room of darkness alone, she explored her newfound self. Having gone to the scribe's library early that morning, she procured a particular scrolls, black in color, drawn in human blood. The memoirs of a former Jashinist, recovered by the Scribe's leader herself years ago. It was a part of the general access information, so she wasn't breaking any rules or anything... though she knew full well the information was considered controversial by many.

She had laid the scroll out and read it multiple times over the past few hours, performed a few rituals in reverence of Jashin and death itself... even cut her wrists, just to watch the blood drip down into a small offering bowl. The pain still hurt, she wasn't sure how exactly anyone was supposed to gain pleasure from pain like this. still, the blood in the bowl fascinated her, she had never seen blood like this before. She prayed to it, still not really confident in herself, but following the words laid out in that scroll she did as it instructed. Once she had performed her prayer, she slid the offering bowl of blood and the scroll under her bed, using a small bit of Iijutsu to clot her wounds.

By then it was mid day, and Sakaki felt it was time to go speak with Souta. After all, of all the people in the village, he was the only one she felt she could trust. So without delay she trekked across the village, arriving at the newly crowned bannin's door, and gave her typical 3 part knock with a bit of delay between the second and third knocks. It had sort of become her calling card... No doubt the man would know it was her and let her in in a few moments.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:07 am

When Souta heard the knock at that door, he honestly couldn't say he was particularly happy about it. He wanted to be relieved that she'd finally come to see him, but he couldn't shake the conversation he'd had with Kiyori that morning. Stopping by the house, she'd let him know that she borrowed the Jashinist scroll. Of all the research the man had done on other religions, he remembered that one not only for the controversy behind it, but how sick it had made him just to touch it. The fact that Sakaki had it only made him sicker. He stood up from his couch and set down his coffee, heading to the door and pulling it open as he looked at her a moment. "Inside." he said rather curtly, motioning for her to come in and silently hoping she understood not to bring up the subject matter just yet. He pushed the door closed behind her and led the way into the living room, sitting down rather heavily as he looked at her a moment.

"Jashinism? Of all the choices, Sakaki..."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:15 am

Sakaki smiled up at Souta, despite realizing in an instant that the man was clearly troubled by something... and she had an inkling as to what that something was. Nevertheless, she entered the man's home and walked right to the living room, plopping herself onto a couch while looking at him as he judged her choice. "Well of course. After all, it suits me, don't you think? A religion, based entirely around death paired with one who can manipulate souls? It seemed the perfect fit to me." There was a different air to her now, something that was unlike what Souta had felt from her in the past. It was darker, even for her and the thing inside of her.

"Now before you think i'm about to go on a murder spree in Suna, perish the thought Souta. The beauty of Jashinism is the practice changes between each individual. There's no strict rules or regulations, no laws or mandates. I just wanted something I could follow, something that fit... and this feels like a good fit. What better offering to grant a god like Jashin than a soul, an offering no other can grant?" It was clear that, although still somewhat on the fence herself, the teachings of Jashinism had found their way deep into the folds of her mind. Who knew how far the teachings had already gone, how much she had already changed in a day's time?
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:44 pm

"No it doesn't suit you." Souta replied, almost harshly as he shook his head at her. "The genma is not you. You are not it. You may be a jinchuuriki but what is sealed within you does not actually define who you are in any way." Souta stood up from the couch once more and started pacing. "Sakaki you are one of the happiest people in this village I have ever met. No matter what you've been through you've been all smiles and now you're..." Souta shook his head as he paused to look at her. "You're destroying one of the things I love most about you. You're giving up yourself to this... thing." Souta couldn't help a growl of frustration as he paced. Even the man himself hadn't expected to get so bent out of shape at this.

"You realize no one else can know right?" he asked, cautiously, as he turned to look at Sakaki. "If even Rokuro knew this he'd go running to Akihito and demand your life."

Souta took a deep breath and sighed, running a hand over his hair and pausing on the back of his neck, his back to Sakaki. "You realize you don't need religion right?"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:23 pm

Sakaki closed her eyes and listened intently on all that Souta had to say, as the man was clearly very upset by the path that she had chosen to walk after losing her faith in Her Light. She didn't expect him to agree with her, nor did she expect him to understand... He was never devout in the first place. "You're right. I am not Shishire. I never will be. I stand by what I've said all these years Souta, I will never allow this spirit within me to rule me, to control me. Believe it or not, you and Shishire are actually in agreement for once... Shishire thinks I should walk my own path. Damn the light, and Damn Jashin. Heh, I never thought I'd see the day you and this spirit agree on anything..."

Were I in your place, child, I would take that as a sign. I will never trust this man, and i stand by my statements that one day he will take your life. If I'm in agreement with him on a topic, that should be enough reason to consider what my stance is. Sakaki tilted her head and smiled at Souta, the same warm smile that she has always given him in the past. "But you see, Souta? I'm still all smiles. I'm still happy. And as far as I have anything to say about it, no one else will ever know. I wanted to tell you, and only you, because... I still trust you, Souta." She looked at him finally, her eyes staring deep into his own blue eyes as she smiled, a bare hint of mischief clear on her face.

"Do you still trust me, Souta? Even after this?"
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:18 pm

Souta couldn't help pausing in his pacing as Sakaki told him that he and Shishire agreed on something. In truth that didn't make him feel any better. He didn't want her following a religion that would make the village think she was a problem, but he also didn't want to agree with the Genma on anything. If they agreed, then that meant that Shishire was planning on using the situation somehow against Sakaki. He couldn't immediately think of how, but he knew it had to be there. He started pacing again, pausing by his fireplace as she asked if he trusted her. The man couldn't help a big sigh as he rest a hand against the mantle of that fireplace.

"I trust you, Sakaki." he finally said quietly, shaking his head. "Don't let your other handlers ever see what you're doing... hell I'd rather I didn't see it just so I can deny knowledge of it." The man sighed again, turning to look at the girl now. "And if you're going to read up on it, don't take items from the Scribes library. It'll get back to me, maybe even the other genma handlers."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:00 pm

A smile crossed Sakaki's face as Souta admitted that she still trusted her... truth be told, that was all she needed to know. She wanted to get up and hug him, but she'd settle for bowing in response instead, as she could tell he was still clearly upset by the situation she had put him in. After all, she was asking him to lie for her... The village would surely be upset if they found out. "Thank you, Souta. I promise that no one else will ever know. And yeah, I'm going to take that scroll back tomorrow. Truth be told, it didn't have a whole lot to learn. It was all from the perspective of a convert from Jashinism, so his bias was clear." She spoke plainly about the scroll beneath her bed, knowing full well that it probably wasn't news to Souta. After all, he had approached her before about different religions, she could only assume this one had landed on his desk at one point.

"I... know you don't think I should walk this path. I know you think it's probably the worst decision I've ever made. But Souta..." Sakaki's voice began to crack a little as she looked down at her knees on the couch, realizing she was about to be honest not only with him but with herself. She took in a deep breath to steady herself, a few tears welling in her eyes but not falling just yet. "I'm scared. I feel... weak without something to lean on. The Light used to be that, but I can't possibly revere anything that would allow for such an unholy place to exist. And this... I admit, I don't know. But it's better than nothing, Souta... It's better than nothing."

It was then Sakaki realized that her entire life she had had religion. A single tear dropped down her face and a small sob escaped her mouth, finally looking up from her knees to Souta as tears streamed down her face. "My very first memory is of a prayer to Her Light... Miss Miami taught us to pray, every night before bed we prayed. We prayed that we would wake up the next day. And if we didn't, that the rising sun would guide us into it's warm embrace when it rose the next morning. I've... always prayed. I can't... not pray to something."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:36 pm

Souta listened to Sakaki quietly, watching her body language as she spoke and he, for a moment, felt like he could feel that pain. Prayer had never meant much to the man, nor had religion. He'd certainly been raised in it, but it had simply never connected with him. He couldn't feel like she did, he couldn't entirely understand. But he could recognize the fear, the loss of compass, it was similar to his loss when Hotaru was gone. As she fell quiet he reached over, taking her carefully by the elbow with one hand and the other behind her at her side. Carefully he pulled her over to be directly beside him, and put an arm around her to pull her against him in a hug. His other arm he brought around her and sighed. "You can always lean on me, kid." he told her quietly, saying nothing more about it.

They were able to sit like this for a few moments, but inevitably it changed. Souta's house never stayed quiet for long, not anymore anyway. A moment later the front door swung open and closed, and a pair of feet practically bounded into the living room. "Hey I'm back for the day!" Came the call of Henrin Sachiko. As she came around the corner and saw the pair on the couch her nose immediately wrinkled up in disgust. "Ew, Souta... she's old enough to be your kid." she joked.

Souta rolled his eyes and released Sakaki, getting to his feet. "Well as always you have no tact." he replied, rolling his eyes. "Keep it up and I'll lock Hana in your room tonight."

"No! She keeps trying to eat me! I'm dead, sure, but I'm not food."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:52 pm

Sakaki let out a few more soft, quiet sobs as she thought more about her loss... realizing now more than before just how much it hurt. It was like a part of her died that day, like losing her friend. It was so painful, a hole in her heart where it had once been, almost so bad that she reached to clutch it. But Souta stopped her. Souta pulled her close and held her, hugging her close to himself as he comforted her loss. She finally let out a few sobs and cried into his chest, clutching him tight instead of her chest. "I never had a mom... I never had a dad... This is all I ever had and now it's gone!" She cried and cried, the tears that she had let well within her for days finally breaking free like the pressure of a dam.

After a few minutes of this, the crying came to soft whimpers and the tears began to slow... she just needed to get it all out, and Souta as always was the perfect person to help bear that emotional burden alongside her. Just about the time she was wiping her eyes the door opened and Sachiko came in, making her crass jokes as always. A small chuckle brought Sakaki out of her depressed stupor as she commented on the situation. "It's okay Souta, I like her. She always knows how to get a laugh going, albeit the humor is a little dark. Maybe it's just something we jinchuuriki use to connect huh Sachiko?" as she spoke, she rose and approached the young zombie, a wry grin on her face as she slung an arm over the cold walking corpse's shoulders and leaned against her like a buddy.

"I warn you though Sachiko, I have a pride of lions on standby. Wanna know what it feels like to be a chew toy for a few hours?" She let out a slow, ominous chuckle as she looked into her black and green eyes with her own black and blue eyes... "Why do all of my friends have weird eyes? Souta, we need to get you colored contacts or something. Or maybe I can raise you from the dead too, so you have black sclerae too. Come on, you gotta join the club!"
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:40 am

As Souta rolled his eyes, Sachiko smirked at him and nudged Sakaki as the girl put an arm around her. Of course as she made her playful threat about a herd of lions Sachiko brought up a hand and ruffled Sakaki's hair, playfully shoving her away. "I don't know, I don't think he'd look right with black schlera. You know when he's in a good mood his eyes look less gray and more blue, they're actually pretty." she said, laughing as Souta rolled his eyes again.

Souta groaned and stood up, shaking his head. "Sounds like its time to make something to eat." he said aloud, chuckling. "Sachiko, why don't you pick something out of the pond while I get rice going and I'll whip up some sushi for Sakaki and I."

Sachiko grinned and practically bounced away to the small pond. When she returned she had a crab in one hand and what looked to be a tuna fish in the other, both still trying to wiggle free or snap at her as she made her way to the kitchen, still grinning. "Hana isn't the only one who likes dead flesh." she said, grinning like a fiend.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:00 am

Sakaki laughed and playfully frumped at the zombie woman as she shoved her away, shaking her head at the girl's antics. She wasn't sure if it was because of their connection as being hosts to Shishire, or because she was responsible for her current existence, but Sakaki had grown quite fond of Sachiko ever since their return to Suna. The mention of Souta's eyes caused Sakaki to tilt her head a moment, realizing she had never actually looked at the man's eyes in great detail before. When Sachiko was sent to retrieve food from the man's private pond, Sakaki leaped into action and, while he was cooking, attempted to wedge himself between the man's food and him so that she could peer into the orbs in his head.

"Huh... that's kinda cool actually. Y'know what, she's right. I couldn't bring myself to ruin those eyes with Edo Tensei." She looked up at the man and smiled before once again removing herself from his cook prep, knowing full well that getting in his way while he cooked could be a death sentence; the man took his hobby very seriously. "Ooh, can I help?" Sakaki would of course wait for the man's response before she would attempt anything. It was his kitchen after all, and he treated it as a sacred space. "I could set to work with gutting the tuna, or maybe I could gather your utensils?" Truthfully, she just wanted to pull away from the dark conversation that Sachiko had already interrupted.

"Or I guess I could keep Hana busy so she doesn't try to eat Sachiko..."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:43 pm

As Sakaki suddenly pushed her way between Souta and what he was doing, he couldn't help looking awkward a moment as he stared down at her. "...what?" he asked after a moment, nodding as she said her peace and suddenly moved away. The man shook his head and went back to his work on the other food as Sachiko returned with the fish. "Sakaki if there was ever a point where you felt the need to use such a jutsu on me I would prefer you didn't. I've lived enough for one man and to be brought back that way would be a dishonor for me, I'd likely commit seppuku as often as necessary until you stopped raising me." he admitted, grimacing at his own remark when he finished. He realized the words hadn't felt so cold and dark in his head, but once they were out...

He breathed a sigh of relief when the girl dropped off the fish and he looked at Sakaki. "Sure, you can clean the fish if you want." he said. "You've gotten pretty good at that... just don't let her eat any." he added, pointing to Sachiko as he said 'her'.

Sachiko grinned happily and looked at Sakaki. "Apparently I'm not supposed to eat. If I do, I start vomiting black bile... its gross."

Souta rolled his eyes. "Zombies need to learn some manners and decorum." he muttered.

"Old men need to learn Edo Tensei isn't about what they want." Sachiko quipped in return, smirking at the man.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:00 pm

Sakaki hopped up and down a few times with excitement before rushing for the man's knife block, removing a scaling knife from the block before laying out the freshly dead tuna on a cutting board. Once done she'd set to work by removing the scales, sliding the knife in the same direction as the fish's scales first to remove the bulk before sliding it against the grain to catch the particularly stubborn scales. It was a technique she had picked up from Souta, and it made quick work of the fish's scales. "As morbid as it sounds, I could just subjugate you and prevent you from doing that." The statement was dark to be sure, Souta would no doubt be shocked that she could even conceive of such an idea. Luckily for him, it was just a joke... in his case, anyway.

A moment later she breathed out a small sigh, her back turned to the man as she continued to descale the fish. "Heh... But I could never do that to you. Others maybe, if I felt they were evil people and didn't deserve rest until they repaid the world for their wrongdoings. But you? No. I would maybe bring you back once for a proper goodbye, then I'd let you rest. Is that fair?" The concept of death was so troubling for so many, but for one who held such a power over it the topic had become just another bit of conversation for Sakaki. She knew one day Souta would die, as would everyone, even her. And she was okay with that. The world would go on without them, as it had so many times before... But she'd make sure to leave a mark on the world so grand that even after she was gone, people would remember the name "Izanami Sakaki".

Once the fish was descaled, she'd quickly clean the knife in the sink before putting it back in the block and retrieving a much sharper knife. As she walked over to the large Tuna again, she set to work with a large cut up the middle of the creature's belly, pulling over a small trash can before reaching deep and removing the fish's innards into the trash can. Before it had felt like such a grisly process to her, but after so many times it had become so second nature. Many things that were once hard have become easier, haven't they child? Gutting this fish, speaking of death... Eventually, taking life will be just as simple. It is in my nature, after all... It's inevitable. Shihihihihi... As Sakaki looked to Sachiko, the zombie girl she had raised from the dead, a light smirk crossed her face where once she had felt guilt.

Shishire was right; death was becoming a lot easier to stomach... "You know, Sachiko... Have you thought about returning to military service? You can still perform ninja arts and fight right? I'd love to see what kind of... benefits your new existence would grant you in combat."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:37 pm

Joke or not, Souta didn't respond to Sakaki's initial statement. But the sudden set of his jaw was visible as he tensed at the statement and maintained a stoic silence. Even as she asked about fairness, he remained quiet, standing over the rice steamer and staring into it as if it would get him away from the subject entirely. Though his job was to help and guard the soul host, and protect the village from the genma within, everything about its abilities still put the man on a knife's edge. He had never been entirely comfortable with it, though he'd gotten better at hiding that discomfort from Sakaki, for her sake mostly. But in conversations such as this, it was hard even for him to hide how he felt about it all. After a moment to compose himself the man sighed, and turned around to lean against the counter, arms crossed, watching as Sakaki worked with the fish.

Sachiko meanwhile, was watching the entire display with amusement, perking up as Sakaki suddenly spoke to her and the girl shrugged. "Akihito thinks that muck I died in gave me some kind of special release. I can use other elements to work with it so its a little tricky, but its fun so far. Once he's done with his tests I might see if I can get my status back... maybe finally go see my sister." She glanced over as she noticed Souta bristle at the mention. "...does Kiyori not know yet?"

Souta grimaced. "Akihito forbade me from telling her. Not until your tests are done."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:07 am

The young Jinchuuriki was pleased that eventually, she might get to witness the zombie woman's skillset for herself, and catalog the benefits of her form. After all, it would give her a better understanding of the powers of Shishire, and a better idea of what to expect from her reanimations. She quirked an eyebrow at the mention of Sachiko's sister, who also happened to be the leader od the same scribes that Sakaki was a part of. It was strange to Sakaki, that the village would keep such a secret from Kiyori... "Why? After all, even if she knew, Akihito would still run his tests. I don't understand that old man sometimes... so paranoid.

The fish before her only required a few more quick steps, so with a couple quick slices she removed the head and tail from the creature before carefully removing two large, long slabs of meat from the fiah's skeleton, leaving behind only a few bones."There ya go Souta, all ready for the fun part! I'll go sit with Sachiko now." the young woman then proceeded to skip around the table to sit on the couch next to Sachiko with a plop. "Sachiko, I meant to ask... I met another Jinchuuriki, from Konoha. And her genma could speak to Shishire... i wonder, can you hear him too? You were once a host, so Im curious if any connection still remains." Shihihihi, there is no connection to speak of, child. She failed as a host, after all...

Surprisingly, if Sachiko tried, she would be able to hear the voice in her own head... quieter than normal to be sure, but it was there.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:07 pm

Souta only shrugged as Sakaki asked that basic question of 'why?'. Fact was, he was a man to follow orders in most instances and this was one of those. He had no idea why, hadn't even asked the question himself. He simply knew he wasn't permitted to tell her and so he wouldn't. And yet nothing had been said of the woman's lover. Sticking to his orders and his promise to tell Kiyori everything when he could, he had already passed the information to the Scribes' Vault Commander knowing it was the exact kind of information that was his stock and trade. No one would suspect Souta was the one to tell him and if Arata told her himself, it kept Souta following orders and his promise to Kiyori fulfilled. Albeit in a roundabout way.

When Sakaki finished with the cleaning of the fish, Souta took the pieces and sliced them down more, preparing them for a few sushi rolls while he waited for the rice to finish steaming, watching the two girls between cuts as he always tried to keep an eye on the pair.

For a moment Sachiko was quiet at Sakaki's question, seeming to tilt her head as if trying to listen for something. "Hmph." she couldn't help the sound, pursing her lips as she finally looked at Sakaki. "He's faint... like... like a dream I've almost forgotten I think. It's kinda weird to be honest." She looked down at Sakaki's hands a moment, suddenly taking one of them in hers and running her thumbs over the lines. "Honestly I think this was the part I hated the most... everyone thought I had a tattoo and treated me like a child rebel or something over it. They had no idea what it was... I used to say I was going to get a real tattoo over it so I could hide it, or at least make it look prettier."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:22 pm

Sakaki's eyes grew wide as it was made clear that Shishire, for once, was wrong; Sachiko could hear him speak. Well well well, how positively interesting! Even I could not predict that a connection between us still existed, failure. This could serve me well... Shihihihi The genma spoke to both the hosts at once, Sakaki rolling her eyes in response. "Just like Shishire; always looking for an angle to use for his benefit." My benefit is your benefit child... Do not forget that. Sometimes Shishire was right, and sometimes it was a manipulation... She could never tell which was which.

As the zombie woman took her hand, she looked curiously down as she traced her wrists with her cold hands. She too was always vexed by them, one of the few mars against her otherwise flawless skin. Though in all of her time of bearing those black bands, no one had accused her of being an attention seeking rebel who got tattoos... In fact, she hadn't even considered tattoos. But now that Sachiko said it, it suddenly sounded like a great idea; a way of reclaiming herself by adding some kind of design to the bands that covered her wrists. "Oh my gosh, Souta, can I get tattoos?! That'd be so cool, I could get chains that attach to the bands and run up my arms or something! Oh man that would be wicked!!!"

There was absolutely no mistaking Sakaki's excitement in regards to this idea; maybe it was the jashinism taking a deeper hold, or maybe she just liked the idea of the style. Either way, the girl was now dead set on getting a tattoo of some kind.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:35 pm

Sachiko snorted as Shishire called her a failure, and shrugged as Sakaki mentioned Shishire twisting things to his advantage. "You'll get used to his nonsense. Honestly my biggest issue was I never could. He'd whisper things in my ear and then my family would make it worse one way or another. Never gave me a break, I felt like I was going mad." Sachiko seemed to fall uncharacteristically quiet, shrugging after she finished speaking, though she turned to watch the interaction between Souta and Sakaki with a smirk firmly planted on her lips.

Souta shook his head as he laid out the little mounds of rice and carefully placed a slice of tuna on each one. He eventually brought the plate of them over to the table where the girls were and took a seat. "Wouldn't you rather something like a black rose, growing like a vine out of it maybe?" he asked, chuckling as he shook his head. "Besides, wouldn't Miss Miami pitch a fit? At your age you'd need signed consent from your legal guardian and I don't foresee her doing that for you."

Sachiko frowned at Souta's statement, leaning across the table on her elbows as she eyed him suspiciously. "How do you know?" she asked. "You have one tattoo and no others... how have you been to a shop enough to know that?"

"It's a hobby." Souta said rather nonchalantly, shrugging as he grabbed a piece of sushi for himself.

"A hobby..." Sachiko looked at him a moment before realization crossed her face. "You do tattoos??"

Souta looked at her and nodded. "Like I said, a hobby." he remarked, immediately looking over at Sakaki. "And no, I won't go behind Miss Miami's back."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:22 pm

What started as a glimmer of sympathetic sadness quickly evolved into a full on depression as Sachiko explained to Sakaki what her undoing as a host was. She never had a break; between her family making her feel terrible and the genma whispering in her ear, she never had a moment's reprieve... it drove her over the edge. She had to admit, even though they shared status as hosts at one point or another, Sakaki could never know just how hard it was for Sachiko. "If it's any kind of consolation Sachiko... I'm really sorry for what happened to you. Not the zombie part, to be honest I've grown to kinda like that. But the whole 'husking' thing... even I can't imagine what that was like. I hope I never have to experience it for myself."

Putting away that gross serious moment, Sakaki slumped her shoulders as Souta mentioned needing Miss Miami's permission to get a tattoo. "Aww come on! I'm a ninja! I'm literally trained to kill people and I can't get a tattoo!? What kind of justice is that?!" Sakaki began to grumble as the plates were set down in front of them, acting disinterested in the food despite of course wanting to dig in as soon as the plate hit the table. Sachiko's astute observation caused Sakaki to raise an eyebrow, and as the truth came to light the let out a gasp of surprise and hope... only to have that hope immediately dashed before she could even ask him to give her a tattoo.

"But Souuuttaaaaaaaa! Come ooooon! She'll never find out, I swear! I'll, uhh, use transformation jutsu around the house! Yeah, she'll never see them! Pleaaasse?!" She put her hands together, fingers interlocked, literally begging Souta as she tried to give him puppy dog eyes. Surely he had to give in... right?
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:30 am

Sachiko was covering her mouth, trying not to laugh as Souta laid out the food and yet Sakaki kept begging him for the tattoo. The man raised an eyebrow as he looked down at her. "She's your foster mother." he reminded her. "When you come home from training she checks you for wounds and dresses them, you can't tell me that she wouldn't spot them." he added, sitting down at the table and looking at Sakaki. "And I am NOT lying to a woman I've been sharing a bed with, that is just a bad idea all around."

Sachiko couldn't hold it back any longer and let out a snort before she busted up laughing. "You're sleeping with her mother? Aren't you quite the lecher!"

Souta blushed lightly, but less out of embarrassment and more out of a touch of shame at Sachiko's lack of decorum. "First off, don't be so crass about it. Miss Miami is a good woman and doesn't deserve your filth, Sachiko-chan." he chided her, shaking his head. 'If Sakaki lets on that she knows, Miami is going to have my head... yeesh...'

Sachiko practically lit up at the look on Souta's face. "You weren't supposed to tell!" she said suddenly.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:44 am

Sakaki slumped in her chair as Souta explained all of the reasons why her plan, which clearly wasn't very well thought out, would fail almost immediately. WIth a small sigh she was ready to drop the subject entirely, grabbing her chopsticks to console herself with Souta's sushi. But as she went to take her first bite, mouth wide open and sushi inches from her tongue, the revelation that Souta was sleeping with Miss Miami hit her like a sack of bricks. Immediately she froze, her sushi falling from the chopsticks to the floor below where an eager and happy Hara snatched up the meat before scampering off. Sakaki's eyes went wide with shock as she stared at Souta...

And then her sound; a groan of disgust and horror.

"Ahhh! You?! and Miss Miami?! By the light!" She began to tremble with the realization, almost gagging as everything settled in her mind. Meanwhile, Shishire simply groaned in annoyance at the show Sakaki was making. Yes, you humans are disgusting creatures, and your mating rituals are among the worst. After thousands of years you become desensitized to it. After a few moments of this show, Sakaki shook her head violently to regain herself before finally looking back to Souta, the mortification still clear on her face. "But... why? I mean... like... Do you want a kid?" It would become quite clear to Souta that Sakaki wasn't aware there was such a thing as 'sex for pleasure'. In her head, she was convinced that Souta was trying to father a child with Miss Miami.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:21 pm

As Sakaki asked about children, after her moment of pure disgust of course, Souta turned a very bright shade of red. He was honestly flabbergasted by the inappropriate question. He was certain Miss Miami would have had a conversation with Sakaki about the birds and the bees by now, but it never occurred to him that she might not realize babies wasn't the only result. For several moments he could only sit there and stare at her as he contemplated his choices. He could tell her the truth of course, but then Miss Miami might get angry with him for going well outside the scope of his duties concerning Sakaki. If he didn't tell her she was certain to go ask Miss Miami which would also simply make her angry. The man found he was quite trapped.

But in all her 'elegance', Sachiko intervened. The girl started laughing even harder, nearly falling out of her chair at Sakaki's questions and shaking her head as she managed to right herself. "Has no one told you?" she asked incredulously. And before Souta could stop her she followed with, "Sex is also supposed to be just fun, and feel good. Adults don't always do it for babies. Hell come on, most of us are just pure accident when our parents just wanted to enjoy themselves." Clearly coming from a clan notorious for copious amounts of babies, Sachiko was well versed on the subject and the concept of 'oops'. "Hell my parents told me outright they never meant to have me. Number thirteen after all." she added, snorting in laughter again.

Souta couldn't even respond, frozen in place and mild horror at the scene before him.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:29 pm

Sakaki's eyes went wide with shock as Sachiko, much to Souta's dismay, explained that making babies wasn't the only benefit that came with intercourse. Suddenly everything started to make sense... every time she thought about the topic, she always wondered why babies had to be made in that way specifically... it always sounded painful to Sakaki. But apparently, it felt good? "Huh... oops huh? I, uh... I guess I never really thought about it. I was always just told 'this is how you make babies'. I... huh. I guess now that you mention it Sachiko, boys seem a lot less icky than they did a few years ago. And I thought I was just going crazy!"

Sakaki began to laugh alongside Sachiko, realizing that at the end of the day Souta was just looking to have a little fun with Miss Miami. And suddenly, with that realization, it seemed a bit more normal to her. Miss Miami never really got to have any fun, Sakaki knew that woman was worked to the bone to provide for all the kids at the orphanage. A labor of love, but labor none the less. "Well, I guess if it's just for fun that's fine. I was worried about babies for a minute, but everyone deserves to have a little fun now and then." ...It seemed that, even while she grew comfortable with heavy topics like death and the afterlife and even a loss of religion, there were still certain parts of Sakaki's mind that were as innocent as when the day Souta first met her.

Some things never change...
Active Characters

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”