[Kazekage Exam, Part 2] Body of the Desert

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:49 pm

The full moon gazed down upon the Great Plateau through a partly cloudy sky, a mere mile outside of the village. A long procession of officials from the village, the Council in its entirety among them, had made the trek through the chill of the desert night to the massive stone terrain. The normally cratered and flat plateau had been terraformed, a large mountainlike wall several hundred meters high surrounding what would be the stage for the second, and arguably most important, part of the exam for the position of Kazekage. Having the heart and the mind of a Kazekage was important, yes, but if one had not the strength to carry forward their convictions, it made little difference. People would not follow an ineffectual leader who could not fight for them and protect them in the worst of times.

Within the bordered ring itself, there were a number of different types of topography. Though at the center, there was a flat area roughly 50 meters in diameter, large crags, cliffs and rock faces, standing between fifty to two hundred meters high, riddled with a variety of tunnels and caves that both went underground and traveled from one formation to another. The whole place looked more akin to a mountain valley than the plateau that Kiyori may have been familiar with. These formations surrounded the large clearing, eclipsed only by the outer walls that bordered the arena. The variety of terrain in the ring created plenty of pitch-black shadows, easy for one to slip into and misdirect the opponent. Two hundred meters to the north and south of the ring ran large rivers, weaving in and out of the land through underground waterways. Slowly, the onlookers filed in. There was one that Kiyori, despite all her knowledge, would not recognize, covered near completely in a large brown cloak, but no one else seemed to pay them mind.

Nearly every medical ninja in the village, chuunin and up in rank, had been summoned for this event. Around the walls of the ring, an intricate medical fuuinjutsu had been inscribed. For all other purposes, it was impractical to the point of uselessness, but for a Kage exam, where death-dealing attacks would be the norm, the medical ninja would be at the ready to heal any wounds quickly short of instant death.

Standing atop one of the large two-hundred-foot crags stood Sueatsu, tall, firm, and intimidating with the moon serving as his backdrop. Kiyori would find herself positioned on a slightly shorter crag on the opposite side of the clearing. "You've worked hard to get here, Kiyori," the current Kazekage commended. "Simply receiving the recommendation for Kazekage alone is worthy of praise, let alone progressing to the second stage of the test. However, make no mistake: in this ring, I am not your friend. I am not your comrade. I am not your leader."

The earth began to rumble ever so slightly, bending to Sueatsu's power. "While we are here, under this moon, I am your enemy. The moment you forget that, the moment you hesitate, is the moment in which my fist will strike true. Do not disappoint me."

The match had not yet been declared. If Kiyori had any words to share, now was the time.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:21 pm

The past hours of the day after her meeting with the council had been some of the most tense moments of her entire life. After being dismissed from their presence and returning home, Kiyori found herself pacing back and forth, her mind abuzz with hundreds upon thousands of thoughts. She thought of sueatsu, his personality and skills, his past and his present... she thought of herself as well, comparing the two side by side in mock battles in her head. Of course she only knew so much of Sueatsu's skillset and capabilities, having never fought him herself, so many times she assumed the worst... a loss. She couldn't help but be biased against herself; he was the Kazekage. Who could ever hope to defeat the Kage of Sunagakure?

When the time finally came, as night filled the sky, Kiyori covered herself with a cloak as she crossed the village and left under cover of darkness. A couple mile's trek was nothing for her immense speed, and as she entered the arena she was awestruck by its terramorphed state. She took in all she could with her eyes, doing her best to create as accurate a map in her mind as she could. If all went well on that front, the land and its positioning would allow her to know at all times exactly where she was, and where everything else was in relation to her. It was a slight advantage, but every bit counted. She rose to that crag to get a view of the area, and as she was recording everything, Sueatsu greeted her. Truth be told she hadn't expected so many onlookers for this bout... this only served to worsen her nerves. As Sueastu gave pause, the moment for her to speak becoming clear, Kiyori paused a moment before slowly reaching for her ninja pouch.

"... I hate fighting, Kazekage-sama. I always have. I learned the Shinobi arts out of necessity and protection, praying to Her Light that I might never have to use them... But I have. I've fought. I've killed. And I have no doubt I'll have to keep fighting... It's simply the way of our world I guess... But." Kiyori paused, her tone growing harsh in an instant as she removed a single item from her pouch... Her Forehead Protector. She would then work to tie it around her forehead, displayed proudly, twinkling slightly in the moonlight. "I don't have any enemies. I'll fight you to the best of my ability, I'll give you no quarter, and if necessary for my survival I will take your life. But I will never call you my enemy!"

She stared deep into Sueatsu's eyes, a burning flame of passion and determination blazing forth from her gaze. After this was over, she would happily sit with Sueatsu and enjoy a meal, talking politely with the man with a smile on her face... for he would always be close to her heart. She'd take in a deep breath, preparing herself for the bout to come as she assumed a battle ready stance.

"I'm ready. Prepare yourself Sueatsu. I won't hold back."
Active JutsuShow
[Sand Style • Vigil of Osiris]
S-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 50 Control, -3 Stamina permanently, [Sand Style • Embrace of Isis]
The most powerful Sand style technique at her disposal, this constantly active jutsu takes the form of an extremely dense layer of sand that wraps around her body at all times unless otherwise stated. While this sand forms an incredibly strong defense around her body of 50 strength, it can also expand out to a total of 20 meters in any direction at 20 speed. The true strength to this jutsu is it's perceived autonomy, as the armor will react based on Kiyori's instincts without the need for any action on her part. If she believes an attack against her is imminent, the sand coating her will shift and move in such a way to intercept this attack to the best of it's ability, controlled passively by her instincts. This layer of sand otherwise appears as her normal skin, though the observant might notice small clouds of sand following her wherever she goes.

Hiton • Blinders++
C-Rank Ninjutsu
A passive technique taught to Kiyori by Awai, Fanho, This jutsu prevents Kiyori from constantly blinding herself in battle. As long as she has chakra she'll be able to keep a shimmering sleeve of hiton chakra over her eyes that dims incoming light, preventing her from being blinded by her own hiton techniques.

Keen Ears
A-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: [Perception]
After spending an extended period of time submerged in total darkness, Kiyori has trained herself to rely on her ears when necessary, instead of her eyes. As a result, even the faintest of sounds can be picked up by her advanced hearing. Obviously loud or jarring sounds can be heard as far as 200 meters away, while normal volume sounds such as speech or footsteps can be heard as far as 20 meters away and quieter sounds such as whispers or the whistling of wind can be heard up to 10 meters away. This allows her to pinpoint the location of a target that she can hear without seeing them, and tell where they're moving and what direction they're going in based on the direction of the sounds.

~Eideticism – Recall – Scenery
C-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
By memorizing their surroundings with keen detail, the family member is able to recall the scenery, and, going above that, see the scenery in almost any angle. The reconstruction is done entirely by their eye, letting them 'see' in each different part of the area. However, there are limitations. This doesn't allow them to actually see through anything, but, the eye 'fills in' what isn't there. So, if someone is hiding by a bush, they would see a normal bush. It takes a full post to complete the picture, so other Dosatsugan jutsu cannot be used.

~Eideticism - Technique Prediction
C-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: 15 Taijutsu, 15 Instinct
Using their ability to follow and analyze their opponent, the family member will watch carefully for any form of movement. Using this technique, the Henrin can react to an opponent's movement much faster and more precisely, allowing the member much more oppurtunity for a counter attack or dodge in encounters with her enemy. This level of the technique only allows for the Henrin to focus on a single target.

~Ryuusei Ken – Heavenly Impact
D-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
This is more of a base technique, rather than a specific one, but, while using kicks and punches, the user waits for exactly the right moment, then, in a flash of movement, strikes with all of their power. If the average of the opponents Taijutsu and Instinct stats is lower than the users Speed, the strike itself appears as if no movement was made.

~Ryuusei Ken – Stardust
Prerequisite: Dosatsugan active
Since the clan member has the ability to remember exactly where they hit, they are able to utilize their Taijutsu skills to their maximum ability. Rather than putting their full power into each hit, they purposefully tone down their own hits, making their moves also just ‘barely’ miss, while in fact they are hitting with an incredible accuracy along with using the maximum power possible for the style. In doing so, each actual hit barely feels like anything at all, until the ‘final’ hit. This will make it seem like a whole lot more power was in the actual hit, due to the previous damage, while also causing a massive pain throughout the target’s body

~Ryuusei Ken – Breakthrough Meteor
B-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
After years of training in their style and developing their skills in acrobatic movement, the Henrin mind is capable of looking for gaps or openings in an opponents offense or defense. Even the slightest of shift in stance would give way to a Henrin's eye to detail in dismantling and exploiting any openings in an opponents guard. These openings can be anything from a place to land a blow to a space where they can slip between the gaps through their acrobatics

Mantis Jab
Based on the fundamental attacks of Jyuuken, when engaged in a hand to hand fight, Kiyori will jab at her opponent using her index and middle fingers instead of a fully clenched fist. This method of striking carries all of the same strength of a normal punch in it, but instead of being spread out over the area of a fist, the damage is condensed into the small area that the fingers connect with. This causes intense pain within smaller areas as opposed to the normal pain of a punch. This manner of striking, when combined with the accuracy from Mantis Sight, enable's Kiyori to deal incredible damage to an opponent with only a few well placed strikes to key areas.

Mantis Instinct
A Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Through intense study and internalization of various medical texts, as well as rigorous training and experience putting the knowledge into practice, Kiyori has become a master of human anatomy. As a result, she is able to locate practically any point within a human body, regardless of variances in shape or size. This knowledge extends to chakra systems, nervous systems, vascular systems, organs, pressure points and anything else. Much of this knowledge extends into the biology of non-human species as well, though with less precision. This discipline, combined with the accuracy of the Mantis style, can turn even the simplest of attacks into a fatal blow.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Sueatsu smiled just a little bit more widely. He expected no other response from the Henrin, the pacifist she was. So determined was she to resolve her differences without violence that she’d make such a statement without irony or sarcasm, even against someone who meant her harm. It was, certainly, her best quality.

The hesitation and doubt that inherently came with such a peaceful heart was her worst.

”Henrin Kiyori! You now challenge the reigning Kazekage, Shirahama Sueatsu, for the privilege of serving as our next Kazekage. May the Sun’s light, reflected by the moon, shine upon you! I declare this battle...”
Akihito took one final look at each combatant.

”Commenced!”
Sueatsu’s muscles immediately rippled with strength, and straight off the bat, he closed the gap with Kiyori as he bounded through the air. It appeared that he would try to brute force his way through Kiyori’s sand shield, but at the last minute he shot down about ten meters below Kiyori’s position, delivering a mighty kick to the crag, shattering it with such force that the rocks exploded outward. If Kiyori didn’t move, aside from losing her footing, she might get pelted with rocks and debris.
StatsShow
  • Ninjutsu: 25
  • Taijutsu: 50
  • Genjutsu: 20
  • Stamina: 50
  • Control: 25
  • Strength: 50
  • Speed: 45
  • Instinct: 35
Disciplines (Apply For the Whole Exam)Show
GeneralShow
Ambidexterity
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite(s): [Close Quarters Combat] Concentration.
After extensive practice and training, the practitioner has gained equal strength and skill between their two hands. This allows them to perform any action with either hand at exactly the same skill level and strength.

Ukemi Mastery
Prerequisite(s): [Acrobatics] Concentration.
The user has perfected their ability to perform Ukemi. They can seamlessly move into a roll from any position and are able to evenly distribute their weight when the user is thrown, knocked down or falling.

Tolerance
B-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Through years of training, the user has learned to suppress a great deal of pain. While the body will still be harmed, the user may choose to ignore all but the most dire of injuries. This allows the user to simply push through and continue the fight with no effort.

Warrior's Awareness
Prerequisite(s): [Perception] Concentration.
The user has become so adept at fighting that they are able to notice things about their opponent that most might not. The longer the user fights someone, the more the user becomes accustomed to the way their opponent moves, the very minuscule details like the movement of the muscle just before a strike is to come. Those with more Taijutsu than the user will simply not be affected by this technique.

Situational Awareness
A-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Having taken years of training to perfect this, the user has fine-tuned their hearing to levels that are beyond human. They are able to hear the faintest of whispers, the quietest of noises, and some of the most silent shinobi around. Those that have somehow become one with the shadows themselves will be able to override this technique though.

Advancing Guard
Through years of study with the most powerful of warriors, the user has developed their ability with combat awareness to an inhuman level. The user is able to notice details that are imperceptible to most eyes. With this, the user is able to penetrate the defenses of their opponent to strike in close quarters while keeping themselves safe. Those with more Taijutsu than the user will make this far more difficult to deal with.
JujitsuShow
Jujitsu • Weapon Parry
A simple augment for the Basic Parry, this allows the user the ability to parry weapons with their hands just as well as they can parry unarmed blows.

Jujitsu • Adept Parry
Prerequisite(s): Jujitsu • Basic Parry.
Having practiced with the Basic Parry for years, the user has been able to grow increased mastery over the technique and has begun to be able to apply it to highly unorthodox attacks. No matter the direction that the attacks come from, the user is able to bring up their arm and block the blow mid-strike while maintaining a rigid stance as to not be moved by the force of the blow. Twisting on the ball of their feet, they can then create considerable force and knock back the opponent's limb, opening the opponent up for a throw or a strike.

Jujitsu • Master Parry
S-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body Control, Jujitsu • Adept Parry.
Sueatsu has taken the art of parrying an opponent's strikes that he is able to do it without so much as a single thought. Sueatsu has taken the Basic Parry technique to the pinnacle of what he knows. At this stage, he is able to be in any sort of stance he desires and be able to react within time should circumstances allow. This type of practice has also allowed him to parry away certain blows that would otherwise not be allowed, such as those that require Heavenly Body Control. There is a limit though and strikes that cover a wide field, don't directly target him, or are far too quick for him to perceive will not be affected.
Muay ThaiShow
Muay Thai • Conditioning - Arms and Shoulders
Prerequisite(s): 6 Strength, 6 Stamina.
After years of body conditioning, the bones in Sueatsu's shoulders, arms, elbows, forearms, and hands have increased in density, and the nerve endings have decreased in their sensitivity to pain. It takes more force to cause Sueatsu pain by attacking these areas of the body, and attacks with these areas of the body will cause more damage, such as punches, elbow strikes, and shoulder bashes.

Muay Thai • Conditioning - Legs and Feet
After years of body conditioning, the bones in Sueatsu's thighs, knees, shins, calves, ankles, and feet have increased in density, and the nerve endings have decreased in their sensitivity to pain. It takes more force to cause Sueatsu pain by attacking these areas of the body, and attacks with these areas of the body will cause more damage, such as kicks and knee strikes.

Muay Thai • Conditioning - Chest and Core
After years of body conditioning, the bones in Sueatsu's rib cage and clavicle have increased in density, and the nerve endings have decreased in their sensitivity to pain. It takes more force to cause Sueatsu pain by attacking these areas of the body.

Muay Thai • Conditioning - Back and Trunk
After years of body conditioning, the bones in Sueatsu's shoulder blades, spine, and pelvis have increased in density, and the nerve endings have decreased in their sensitivity to pain. It takes more force to cause Sueatsu pain by attacking these areas of the body.

Muay Thai • Conditioning - Head and Neck
After years of body conditioning, the bones in Sueatsu's neck, jawbone, and skull have increased in density, and the nerve endings have decreased in their sensitivity to pain. It takes more force to cause Sueatsu pain by attacking these areas of the body, and attacks with these areas of the body will cause more damage, such as headbutts.

Muay Thai • Tiger's Strength
After years of training, Sueatsu has learned how to make effective use of kinetic linking with his unarmed attacks. By planting his rear heel back into the ground and channeling the energy through his hips and core whenever he launches an unarmed attack, Sueatsu can transfer all potential energy from his movements into his attacks, causing them to deal more damage to the opponent.

Muay Thai • Conditioning - Joints and Soft Tissues
C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite(s): 15 Strength, 15 Stamina.
After years of body conditioning, Sueatsu's skin and muscles surrounding joints and soft tissues, such as socket joints in the shoulder and on the thigh, inside the elbow or behind the knee and the groin, have increased in density, and the nerve endings associated with those areas have decreased in their sensitivity. It takes more force to cause Sueatsu pain by attacking these areas of the body.

Muay Thai • Tiger's Camoflauge
Prerequisite(s): *[Medicinal Style • Anatomy].
After years of experience, Sueatsu has learned how to naturally shift his body upon imminent contact with an opponent's technique to avoid vital vessels, muscle groups, joints, nerves, and bones. While this technique on its own does not prevent the attack from hitting, this allows Sueatsu to change the point of impact of the opposing techniques to more sturdy and resilient parts of his body around the original targeted area, potentially reducing the damage that it takes.

Muay Thai • Conditioning - Skin Reinforcement
Prerequisite(s): 25 Strength, 25 Stamina.
After years of body conditioning, Sueatsu has conditioned the skin on his body to the point where it is a natural suit of armor, resistant to cuts, lacerations, tearing, and impact damage. Attacks that come into contact with Sueatsu's skin with a Strength lower that Sueatsu's Strength will be unable to penetrate his skin, thus reducing the overall damage he takes from attacks. This also increases the skin's resistance to burns and other types of contact wounds.

Muay Thai • Conditioning - Muscle Reinforcement
Prerequisite(s): 30 Strength, 30 Stamina.
After years of body conditioning, Sueatsu has conditioned the muscles in his body to the point where they are a natural suit of armor, resistant to cuts, lacerations, tearing, and impact damage. Attacks that come into contact with Sueatsu's muscles with a Strength lower that Sueatsu's Strength will be unable to damage his muscles, thus reducing the overall damage he takes from attacks. This also increases the muscle's resistance to burns and other types of contact wounds.

Muay Thai • Conditioning - Bone Reinforcement
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body, 40 Strength, 40 Stamina.
After years of body conditioning, Sueatsu has conditioned the bones in his body to the point where they are a natural suit of armor, resistant to cracking, fracturing, or breaking. Attacks that come into contact with Sueatsu's bones with a Strength lower that Sueatsu's Strength will be unable to damage his bones, thus reducing the overall damage he takes from attacks. This also increases the bone's resistance to burns and other types of contact wounds.
Sabaku Gensō RyuuShow
Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Chill
After years of studying and training, Sueatsu has increased his tactile acuity and has learned how to track his opponents without using sight, instead relying on his sense of touch to locate them by tracking vibrations through the surface he is standing on and small changes in movement in the wind. This technique allows Sueatsu to accurately isolate and track an opponent using only sound so long as they remain within a distance of meters equal to his Taijutsu score.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Decay
After years of studying and training, Sueatsu has increased his olfactory acuity and has learned how to track his opponents without using sight, instead relying on his sense of smell to locate them. This technique allows Sueatsu to accurately isolate and track an opponent using only smell so long as they remain within a distance of meters equal to his Taijutsu score.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Shifting Sands
After years of training and specialized stretches focusing on the core, spine, and limbs, Sueatsu has become significantly more flexible. This Discipline represents Sueatsu's ability to both evade and defend against attacks by using his inherent flexibility as well as attack from unusual angles, such as bending around the opponent's attacks, maintaining balance even when crouching low to the ground and "rolling" with attacks, using his flexibility to reduce the amount of damage taken by moving with the force of the attack. This also allows Sueatsu to attack with his full Strength even if using acrobatic maneuvers or while stretching or contorting his body.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Hawk's Focus
Prerequisite(s): 10 Instinct.
After years of training and study, Sueatsu has learned how to more quickly recognize openings and weaknesses in his opponent's defenses and fighting style. This Discipline represents Sueatsu's reduced reaction time required to take advantage of an opening that presents itself in the middle of combat, thus increasing the likelihood he will score a successful hit when targeting the vulnerable area. This does not grant Sueatsu any protection against falling for feints or traps sent by the opponent.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Breath of the Desert
After years of training and study, Sueatsu has mastered basic breathing techniques to fully oxygenate his bloodstream with minimal effort. This Discipline allows his body to reach homeostasis with less energy expended, thus reducing the amount of physical stamina he uses while attacking and defending in combat, making his last longer in a fight. This Discipline also doubles the amount of time he can spend underwater before having to surface for air (Stamina x 2).

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Dance of the Desert Serpent
After years of training and study, Sueatsu has learned how to maintain his forward momentum more efficiently while adjusting to changes in the flow of battle. This Discipline represents Sueatsu's ability to more quickly decelerate and immediately change direction while moving without losing Speed, thus conserving his defensive and offensive momentum.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Eyes of Sunlight
After years of studying and training, Sueatsu has significantly increased his visual acuity. Sueatsu can now accurately see out to a number of meters equal to his Taijutsu score in foggy, misty, or cloudy conditions (such as while in the effect of a smoke bomb), at night or other low light vision, or through natural distortions such as mirages. His normal range of sight is doubled in normal or favorable conditions.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Nomadic Trail
After years of training and study, Sueatsu has learned how to maintain his full speed and move while making minimal contact with the surface upon which he is running, thus reducing the amount of energy required to move at full Speed. This Discipline represents Sueatsu’s ability to conserve physical stamina with optimized movement of his legs and feet, allowing him to last longer in a fight.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Eyes of the Burrowed Serpent
Prerequisite(s): Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Eyes of Sunlight.
After years of training, Sueatsu has elevated his sense of sight beyond normal human capabilities. Sueatsu can now see even the finest details on any target within (Taijutsu x 5) meters of his position, so long as they are not obstructed by a physical or non-permeable barrier or obstacle. He is able to see up to half that distance clearly in near-absolute darkness or other non-favorable circumstances.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Trail of the Vulture Volt
Prerequisite(s): Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Decay.
After years of training, Sueatsuo has elevated his sense of smell beyond normal human capabilities. Sueatsu can now track even the tiniest differences in smell on any object or target within (Taijutsu x 5) meters of his position. This allows him to track a number of different things by smell, such as approaching projectiles or attacks based on olfactory changes in the air such as combusting or ionizing oxygen.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Paws of the Desert Fox
Prerequisite(s): Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Chill.
After years of training, Sueatsu has elevated his sense of touch beyond normal human capabilities. Sueatsu can now track even the tiniest differences in the air around him, accurately tracking any object or target within (Taijutsu x 5) meters of his position. This allows him to track a number of different things by touch, such as muscle contractions in the opponent's body, giving Sueatsu advance notice of the opponent's next move.
Jutsu UsedShow
Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Hawk's Flight
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 35 Strength.
Momentarily torquing the muscles in either one of his legs while in air, Sueatsu releases a high-speed kick that creates a pressure wave, allowing Sueatsu increased aerial mobility. This can be used for a variety of purposes, such as decelerating himself while in midair, changing directions, increasing the length of a jump, etc. Sueatsu can use this technique multiple times during the same jump, but each additional use consumes more energy.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:25 pm

Kiyori's gaze never left Sueatsu as she spoke, and she showed no outward sign of anything aside from determination... though inside she was terrified. She was afraid to go all out, afraid that she might seriously hurt him... or worse. But she knew, deep down, that he became Kazekage for a reason; he was tougher than steel. He could take it. Akihito spoke up and left a brief pause as he finished, the tension felt throughout the arena was practicallt suffocating. Everyone, including Kiyori, waited with bated breath for the signal to start... and there it was.

Immediately Kiyori was surrounded by a golden aura of chakra as she prepared a ninjutsu technique, ready to physically defend herself from Sueatsu's impending assault. However, she hadn't anticipated that he would dive low and attack the very ground she stood on. In response, she would leap forward towards the very spot that Sueatsu had stood on, her speed a blur as her anklets propelled her at blinding speed through the gap between the crumbling crag and the one Sueatsu had stood on moments ago. All the while, she turned herself upside down to ensure she kept her eyes on the man as best she could, while maintaining her chakra manifestation as she landed on the side of the other crag.

Once she landed, she would take in a deep breath and exhale a whirling cloud of sand that would churn forth from her position towards Sueatsu, slowly but surely forming a grinding tornado with a powerful vacuum effect. Much of the debris and shrapnel of the destroyed crag would find itself absorbed and grinded to dust by the tornado, only increasing it's size and force as more material was added. It would serve a double purpose as well, for seeing Kiyori through it would be nigh impossible. She didn't relent, her body was already preparing more ninjutsu, glowing golden as her tattoos ignited with power...

She truly was putting forth every ounce of energy she had. The look in her eyes was unlike anything anyone had ever seen from her...
jutsuShow
Act of Tree Walking

[Sand Style • Eye of Horus]
A-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 30 Ninjutsu
Kiyori channels chakra throughout her body while taking a deep breath, then exhales a large plume of sand from her lungs. This sand then swirls and takes the form of a 20 meter wide, 30 meter tall tornado of sand that rampages forward for 50 meters at a speed of 20. Upon reaching a distance of 20 meters from Kiyori, the tornado reaches it's maximum size, and at this point the tornado will pull anything within 30 meters of it towards itself like a vacuum, sucking and grinding with 40 strength as it churns the surroundings to dust.
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:37 pm

Sueatsu didn’t relent. When Kiyori retreated and unleashed the giant sand twister, Sueatsu hitched a ride on the outmost piece of rubble he could stand on, hiding on the hidden side as the massive twister started to pick up force. Unlike the rubble that was closer to the twister, the debris wouldn’t be immediately sucked into the twister, whipping around to the other side of the twister at its outmost range of influence.

Pushing the muscles in his boy into a half-torqued state, Sueatsu flipped the boulder over once it swung over to the other side of the twister, leaping right off of it right after and beelined straight for Kiyori, using his highly sharpened senses to quickly locate his prey. Unlike before, he immediately accelerated at max speed, likely throwing off Kiyori’s rhythm. If Sueatsu managed to make contact, he’d follow up with an uppercut and then an elbow, sending Kiyori rocketing into the ground.
JutsuShow
Muay Thai • Crushing Tiger Leap
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Strength must be equal to or higher than Speed.
Torquing the muscles in their legs, the user will leap at their opponent, immediately accelerating to their max speed, and launching a ferocious leaping downward hook at the opponent's chest. If the average of the opponent's Strength and Stamina, rounded up, is less than the user's Strength, they are launched back and off of their feet. The user will then follow up this strike with another leap forward and a violent uppercut to the same impact point as the first attack, launching the opponent into the sky. Finally, the user will jump up and drive their elbow into the impact point yet again, compounding the damage with three attacks targeting the same area of the chest as the opponent rockets into the ground.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:13 pm

Kiyori watched with a keen eye as the tornado surged forward, tearing through the remains of the crag as it continued onward, all the while searching desperately for the Kazekage. She knew he had something in mind, he wouldn't go down so easily. As the boulder rounded the tornado's outer edge and it shifted, her eyes were immediately drawn to it. The chakra that she had been channeling came to full power the moment she saw Sueatsu, and a moment later Sueatsu would see a slight distortion of chakra around her as Kuuton flooded her body, granting her the ability to fly.

And none too soon it seemed, as the man rushed towards her with incredible swiftness. Her vigil reacted on instinct and formed in front of her, though not nearly fast enough to create a full fledged shield it was enough to slow his approach that she might use her new flight to dart to the left a good 5 meters. In response to the strike, while it may not have hit her directly, the impact on her sand was clear as her 'skin' seemed to crack in reaction to the man's overwhelming surge of strength, large splinters covering the front of her torso. Such strength! He almost shattered my armor in a single strike! She wasted no time in capitalizing on the man's assault, extending a hand towards the tornado of sand that she had launched forward and whipping her hand back towards Sueatsu. This would cause the tornado to turn around entirely in it's course, while also reinvigorating it's strength as she twirled her fingers to keep the tornado spinning with increased speed and strength.

It would now be gunning straight for the Kazekage's current location, pulling with an immense strength of 50 and rushing forward with 50 speed.
JutsuShow
Kuuton • Ascending into Heaven
A-Ranked Ninjutsu
After channeling chakra through her body, Kiyori surrounds herself with kuuton chakra. This enables her to fly at a speed equal to her control up to a maximum of her speed, reaching a maximum of 40 metres in the air. This technique lasts for up to 5 posts if not ended prematurely.

[Sand Style • Sunakinesis]
A-Ranked Ninjutsu
Having achieved unparalleled mastery over Sunagakure's Sand Style, Kiyori has developed the ability to control, shape and manipulate existing bodies of sand without the need for hand seals, channels or any sort of existing techniques. The range at which Kiyori can manipulate sand is equal to her control times 2 meters. However, she cannot produce sand naturally, and must create sand or infuse existing sand with additional jutsu in order to use Kinesis.
Active Characters

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:44 pm

Sueatsu knew that the moment he stopped moving was the moment that he got caught in the tornado. Kiyori's simple movement and the sudden, violent shift in the sound of the torrent confirmed that she had at least some kind of kinesis, at least wind, if not sand itself. After landing the glancing strike on Kiyori's armor, he immediately bounded for one of the nearby rock formations while releasing the Stance to conserve chakra and rushed into one of the tunnels, disappearing from sight two seconds before the tornado, the Kazekage barely managing to escape the wrath of Kiyori's kinesis-enhanced tornado. A clever mind as always, in a single movement, he'd not only narrowly escaped the clutches of Kiyori's jutsu, but the tornado grinding into the rockface prevented Kiyori from pursuing him directly. And unlike his opponent, Sueatsu had no qualms about navigating in the absolute darkness of the tunnels below, giving him a topographical advantage.

What Kiyori might not have realized about the holes in these mountains and crags is that they did not simply lead from one crag to another. Many of them led underground, crisscrossing different locations on the battlefield. Sueatsu's only choice was to get below ground and go down he did, as far as he could, until he ran into the subterranean river system made for the arena which fed the two lakes in the north and south areas of the fighting area. Jumping onto the surface of this river, he used the Water Walking technique and allowed himself to be carried with the momentum of the water. The river flowed in a large oval through the underground of the battlefield, flowing from east to west. There were numerous tunnels that dotted the course of the river along its course, and after a short travel session, Sueatsu leaped up into one of the exit tunnels, quietly approaching the opening that led back to the surface before stopping, remaining out of sight. Using his enhanced senses, he searched for Kiyori's movements, breathing, and the circular movement of air currents around her person as she moved and floated in the sky. Even with the tornado off in the distance, since Kiyori was between him and the tornado at the area he'd chosen to surface, it was easy enough to lock onto her location.

Engaging the same stance again, Sueatsu bounded up from one of the smaller rock pillars nearby and attempted to land a punch on Kiyori, attacking from below and behind, a natural blindspot. Even a glancing hit would leave Kiyori with a damning surprise: aside from the base Strength of the hit itself, Kiyori would find herself hit with an explosion immediately following the strike, essentially a double-attack. Though the second hit would not be nearly as powerful as the first, any passive defenses she might have would likely be severely damaged if not outright broken by the first hit if it made contact. She'd feel it, one way or another.
JutsuShow
Muay Thai • Bounding Tiger
B-Rank Taijutsu Stance
Placing the muscles in their body in a semi-torqued state, the user is able to eliminate the time necessary to accelerate their movements to maximum speed, allowing for offensive and defensive movements to be executed more quickly. Due to the immediate acceleration caused by this Stance, it also becomes more difficult for opponents to read the user's movements. While the user is in this Stance, the opponent must have an average of their Taijutsu and Instinct, rounded up, equal to or higher than the average of the user's Strength and Speed, rounded down, to be able to normally read the user's movements.

Muay Thai • Tiger's Roar
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body, 35 Taijutsu, 35 Strength.
Using the superlative control granted by Heavenly Body, the user momentarily channels energy into a single part of the body, such as a foot, a fist, an elbow, a knee, etc. Then, upon making contact with an opponent using that part of the body (punch, kick, etc.), the energy is released into a super-heated explosion that erupts outward into an explosion covering an 8-meter x 8-meter x 8-meter space at 1/2 the user's Strength, rounded down.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Kiyori cursed under her breath she controlled the winding cyclone of sand to follow Sueatsu, but she lost him in the tunnels as the tornado obscured her own vision. With a downward thrust of her palm she would force the tornado to stop and fall to the ground as loose sand, revealing the tunnel he has escaped into. "Smart... he knows that my understanding of our surroundings is limited to what I can see. Underground is a wild card." her body began to glow with golden chakra as she prepared her response, flying over to the middle of the barren plain that served as the center of the arena, about 60 meters away from her. She wasn't sure how much time she had, but if she could conjure this technique, his advantage of the unknown would be lost.

Her chakra grew and grew to incredible heights, a small bead of sweat forming on her brow. Once it reached it-s highest plateau, she would let loose a deep, forceful breath as it leaked into the ground beneath her feet, spreading out in all directions through the plateau for a grand total of 150 meter with incredible speed. As the chakra moved it reacted with the stone and rock, converting everything it touched into loose sand. This of course resulted in the tunnels within this area caving in with no rigid earth to support it, and the crags surrounding the area lost their stability as the sand shifted underneath them, causing many of them to fall over. In the end, the sand conversion caused the earth beneath Kiyori's feet to sink about 20 meters total, as the sand flowed into the tunnels to clog them up. Her realm has been created, and there was nowhere left to hide within this large area.

By the time Sueatsu showed back up again, the battleground would appear far different.
jutsuShow
[Sand Style • Realm of Set]
S-Ranked Ninjutsu
Kiyori will channel chakra throughout her body, funneling the mass of chakra through the ground beneath her feet. This chakra will flow out for a staggering 150 meter diameter and 50 meter depth, converting any and all earth within the area to loose sand. This sand does nothing on it's own and does not apply the grinding passive on it's own, as this is merely a way for Kiyori to generate massive quantities of sand for further jutsu.
Active Characters

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:04 pm

Had Sueatsu delayed for even a moment in one of his movements, he likely would have been buried under a mass of sand. As soon as he started climbing up the tunnel to the surface, the sound of earth crumbling and disintegrating flooded his senses. Abandoning his previously planned attack, Sueatsu booked it, jumping from rock to rock to escape the sinking sand. Thankfully, the range of Kiyori's technique had fallen short of the underground rivers and the tunnels directly connected to them. The loss of the topographical advantage in the center of the arena, however, was without question.

Despite this, Sueatsu didn't seem particularly disturbed, concerned, or frustrated. As Kazekage, he'd seen Kiyori get stronger and develop arguably the highest level of control over sand that this village had ever seen. Flat terrain wasn't his ally to begin with, and although he'd lost about 50 meters of rock and tunnels in all directions from the center of the arena, he wasn't totally without options. He didn't have to fight Kiyori directly to get the upper hand. His physical might had something to offer even at range, even if it wasn't nearly as refined as his melee options. Dancing around the outer ranges of the sand Kiyori had just created, Sueatsu began casually catching falling boulders and throwing them, full strength, at Kiyori, one after the other. Seven large boulders, easily triple her size, would come rocketing toward her, each from different angles. Two would come from the right, three straight directly at her, and two arching up and falling toward her from above, aimed for right where she was trying to move, Sueatsu attempting to lead the shots.

Then, quickly taking a kunai and wrapping some of the steel wire around it (looping twice for extra thickness and grip), Sueatsu would grab one of the large crags, easily 50 meters in length and double that in thickness at its base coming to a rough point, with a roar, Sueatsu launched it with all his might, jamming the kunai into the rock face shortly before throwing it, the sheer size of the rock face blocking Kiyori's view of him. Jumping along with the massive crag, Sueatsu pulled himself to the bottom of the rock crag, awaiting Kiyori's response as he adhered himself to a tunnel in the broken crag with the Tree Walking technique. This large stone formation would serve as the staging point for Sueatsu's counter against Kiyori's reaction to his rudimentary projectiles.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:45 pm

Kiyori searched all over for the Kazekage, knowing that the desert she had created would no doubt catch his attention. After a few moments, she finally found him, her eyes once more locking on to the man'a form. His crude tactics were nonetheless effective as the assault of boulders forced Kiyori to make a choice; move or defend? She had used so much chakra already it was time for some Taijutsu... as the boulders came flying, she began bobbing and weaving, her body constantly moving back and forth, almost like a dance as she prepared her dodges. Flipping, somersaulting, cartwheeling and leaping, she would use her immense speed and bouncy movements to avoid all but one of the small boulders, which was cleverly intercepted by her Vigil, causing her 'skin' to crack even more on her left side as some shards of concentrated sand flaked off.

The last of the boulders was far too great to dodge without some serious movement, and while she could fly, there was no guarantee she could get up fast enough. She'd have to block it... raising a hand up she would lift a 5³ cloud of sand up as she flew 10 meters into the air. Then she would position this sand in front of her and shake her fists as the crag came towards her. What resulted was a vibrating, grinding mass of sand that hover in front of her, literally boring a hole in the monumental crag that seemed to pass all around her, the hole created by her sand serving as a safe haven for herself.

By the time it came to a halt, sliding through her sand, she was stuck in a one way tunnel, her path bore into the crag. With a little more force towards the same direction she would force her sand to keep moving in front of her, finishing the path through to the other side of the crag so that the light of the moon was once more visible. Now... where did he go?
jutsuShow
Ryuusei Ken - Constant Motion
D-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
Kiyori will begin swinging her legs back and forth, maintaining a wide legged pose to keep a constant state of motion going. She rocks her upper body about while positioning her legs and pivoting on her feet to allow her to keep a constant momentum going as she bounces about the battlefield. This method of movement has two purposes. The first is to prevent her from being a still and easy target by rolling and flipping about the area, both by rotating on her hands and flipping through the air. The other is to allow her to throw her momentum based power kicks from unexpected positions in an attempt to catch her opponents off guard.

A-Ranked Ninjutsu
Having achieved unparalleled mastery over Sunagakure's Sand Style, Kiyori has developed the ability to control, shape and manipulate existing bodies of sand without the need for hand seals, channels or any sort of existing techniques. The range at which Kiyori can manipulate sand is equal to her control times 2 meters. However, she cannot produce sand naturally, and must create sand or infuse existing sand with additional jutsu in order to use Kinesis.
Active Characters

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:10 pm

Sueatsu's rudimentary strategy worked, something that he took with a grimace. While he understood that he ranked amongst the physically most powerful shinobi in the world, the fact that his aspiring successor's defenses could be so easily tested and penetrated did little to inspire confidence in the Kazekage. Feeling the crag suddenly vibrate and slow down as Kiyori bored her way through the large rock mass, Sueatsu waited two seconds before freeing the kunai and wire, quickly wrapping the wire around the kunai as he used Tree Walking to run up the base of the crag he'd thrown, well above the area she would emerge from.

As he was running up the base of the crag, taking out a different kunai from his pack, he ripped off the left sleeve of his garment and sliced it in half as the crag slowed further. Sensing the vibrations through the large rock itself, Sueatsu kept track of Kiyori's progress as she bored through the impromptu weapon, slicing a long ribbon off of the split sleeve before cutting a long, thin incision along his skin immediately after, drawing blood. It was a superficial cut, one meant to bleed but otherwise not harm his use of the arm. Momentarily flexing his muscles in his arm to force blood to the surface, Sueatsu quickly smeared the blood on his arm into the torn portion of his garment and tossed it down, letting it flutter and softly hit the ground naturally. The garment was meant to be a ruse, a distraction, something to draw Kiyori's focus as she emerged from the rock. Not only as a combatant, but as someone who was empathetic and greatly respected him, she would not ignore seeing his blood be shed.

It was that reflex that he was relying on, so that he might exploit it.

The vibrations in the rock would tell Sueatsu that Kiyori was exiting the rock soon. Torquing every single muscle in his body, the air around him began to violently spin and agitate. As soon as Kiyori emerged from the rock face, Sueatsu would rocket down so quickly towards Kiyori that it could be constituted as a teleportation jutsu. If his kick struck true, it had the potential to end the match in one fell swoop.
JutsuShow
Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Rebirth of the Desert Phoenix
S-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body, 50 Taijutsu, 50 Strength.
Charging for half a post, Sueatsu torques every single muscle in his body, causing the air around him to violently agitate. Then, leaping at his opponent with incredible speed and force up to a number of meters away equal to 4/5 of his Speed, rounded down, Sueatsu delivers a spinning drill kick into the opponent's torso, the air around him igniting in the shape of a Phoenix and exploding out afterward, striking with 4/5 his Strength, rounded down, and immediately covering an area around the kick for a number of meters equal to 4/5 his Speed, rounded down, and hitting with a Strength equal to 4/5 his Strength, rounded down . Should the kick land, if the average of the opponent's Strength and Stamina, rounded up, is lower than Sueatsu's Strength, every single bone in their body will be broken, every tendon severed and torn, and every organ severely damaged by the sheer force of the kick. The movement of this technique is so sudden that it constitutes the use one of the character's two teleportation uses per thread.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:24 pm

Kiyori knew full well that there was something amiss... the kazekage wasn't attacking her, not directly anyway. He had proven to have some level of incredible sensory perception already, she had no doubt that extended to great heights, as did everything else Sueatsu did. She had little doubt that he knew where she was, and that meant he understood what a tactical disadvantage she was at right now. She had no idea what awaited her outside of that opening she had made, but she knew it wasn't going to be good... She needed a decoy. And after a couple of simple seals, she would have just that, as from the rock surrounding her a cloud of dirt emerge and took the form of a clone in her exact likeness. While it was incredibly low ranked and took very little chakra, her perfect control and understanding of her own physique allowed her to ensure it was a nigh perfect match for her appearance, right down to the cracked armor shell she currently bore.

The clone was the first one to poke it's head out through the opening, looking around at first and not seeing Sueatsu... though it did see the bloodied bandage on the ground. With a nudge from Kiyori to exit the cavern, The clone would jump and allow gravity to pull it down the side of the crag to the bandage, stopping as it hit the ground to hide it's otherwise pitifully weak strength and speed. The idea was to be convincing, all the while her body was still glowing with chakra as she prepared an alternative in the event that this clone didn't get the job accomplished. If Sueatsu didn't take the bait, a moment later the woman would emerge herself, making sure that her Sand Kawarimi jutsu was prepared and at the ready in response to whatever attack was delivered upon her exit. If he did take the bait, she'd fly out at her full speed the moment he destroyed the clone, prepared to assault the man with her Sunakinesis in the form of a 5 meter wide, 5 meter tall spire right beneath his feet, using the sand of the desert she had created moments ago.
Jutsu UsedShow
Earth Style • Dirt Clone
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After forming the needed hand seals, the user will form a clone made out of dirt. Due to being made out of dirt the clone isn't too resilient and breaks apart on contact, scattering it's dirt all over until it's body is completely destroyed. The clone cannot travel more than a quarter mile away from the user. It is also incapable of jutsu and has the following stats: 2 Taijutsu, 2 Stamina, 2 Strength, and 6 Speed.

[Sand Style • Kawarimi no Suna]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 15 Ninjutsu
Kiyori will channel chakra throughout her body, focusing on a location no more than 20 meters away from her current position. Upon doing so, Kiyori will suddenly teleport to the location specified, leaving behind an image of herself that quickly falls apart as a pile of sand. This sand is charged with Kiyori's chakra, but is otherwise normal, and does not apply the Sand Passive by itself. Each use of this jutsu consumes one of Kiyori's two teleports per thread, and sand must be present in the area in order for her to swap with it just as the normal Change of Body Stance jutsu.

A-Ranked Ninjutsu
Active Characters

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:39 pm

Kiyori was not the only one with sharp intuition. As soon as the sand burst through the side of the crag, Sueatsu was suspicious that no one came out. This alone made him think she suspected his ruse. When there was an additional momentary rumble after the sand stopped, this triggered his sense of caution even further. How odd. Kiyori knew she had the terrain advantage here, and yet she held back. Why?

The clone dropped down onto the sand, and Sueatsu's suspicions grew. Here she came out, unprotected by sand other than the armor that she wore, which was still cracked from the first attack of his that made contact. Kiyori was an astute shinobi. She'd already demonstrated prudence and instinct in taking away the topographical foothold he had in the center of the arena. She would be well aware of his brute strength from the cracks in her armor, and while he was just a small amount slower than her, she had seen how easily he could close distance with her. Yet she came out with no defense? Not even a small kinesis shield to protect herself? And the small shift in the crag just a moment before, right after the sand was finished boring through yet right before she exited the tunnel she'd drilled through the large rockface. She was a Sand user, and the village's Sand techniques normally required an affinity for Doton. Could this possibly be a clone?

He couldn't say for certain, but there was more risk to him if he chose to engage directly with the person that came out down there. There was the possibility that it was a ruse, meaning she'd anticipated a surprise attack from him and already had a contingency available, or a bait, meaning that was not the real Kiyori. And even if it was the real Kiyori, it was too much of a risk, here in this field full of sand, to engage her on her terrain. There was only one option that covered himself for all three possibilities. Sueatsu disappeared...

...And his kick struck the crag itself.

The force of his mighty strike would ripple with explosive energy through the crag and outward, shattering the massive rock into pieces and chunks of varying sizes flying in all directions whilst utterly destroying what wound up being a Doton clone. Jumping away from his impact point after delivering the kick, Sueatsu would jump between several of the pieces of debris that had been rocketed up into the sky by the force of his attack to recompose himself as well as survey his opponent's reaction.

(OOC: Jutsu initiated last post, completed this post.)

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:03 pm

Kiyori, upon feeling the sudden resounding vibration that flowed through the rocky crag she inhabited, she rocketed forth from the tunnel as it collapsed behind her, the entire crag exploding as she shot forth with her Kuuton flight. The need for a substitution was gone at this point, plus she was too high to be within the range of her sand for the technique. The clone, pitiful as it was, disintegrated before the rubble and destruction. Kiyori, on the other hand, landed softly in the middle of the sandy desert she had made earlier, turning around immediately to watch for Sueatsu's approach... he had to come for her.

"I guess that's fair. I chased you out of a tunnel, and now you've returned the favor. I gotta say, as much as I don't enjoy violence... it's nice to really go all out for once." Kiyori giggled a little to herself, shaking her head as more chakra gathered around her. Truth be told, she didn't expect to be able to conjure another jutsu; she expected Sueatsu to approach her and stop her. But if he didn't there would be hell to pay...
JutsuShow
Hiton • Retribution of Ra
S-Rank Ninjutsu
Kiyori channels an immense amount of chakra through her body before funneling this chakra into the sky above her. This chakra begins to coalesce and glow brightly in the air, forming what is essentially a giant ball of light akin to the sun. This orb of light is 80 meters in diameter and it's bottom is about 10 meters from the ground. By simply focusing on a location within 100 meters of the orb, Kiyori can direct the orb to fire off a 50 meter diameter laser of light towards a set location with 45 speed, incinerating anything in the area with 25 strength. In addition, once the laser has been fire, she can then direct the orb to crash into a location with 45 speed, inflicting 25 strength of burns on anyone in the immediate vacinity of the orb's crash. The orb otherwise lasts for 7 posts.
Active Characters

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:19 pm

Sueatsu's intuition had served him well. The ruse had been destroyed and his opponent had been chased from her hiding place. Wrapping the thin strip of cloth around his cut like a bandage, he watched Kiyori settle into the center of the field of sand, light coalescing as he stood on a piece of debris still rising from his potent strike just moments before. He would come to her, but Sueatsu would not come alone. Jumping off of various pieces of floating debris, in quick succession, he kicked three of the largest chunks of debris closest to him, at Kiyori's location before rocketing himself down to land on the sand. He wouldn't stay in one place for more than an instant, however; the muscles in his legs tensed (and his blood now flowing after the use of raw power just before), he switched to his most recently crafted style.

Practically gliding along the sand immediately accelerating to speeds that almost matched Kiyori's, the challenger would find herself under the assault of constantly advancing kicks. High kicks, low kicks, sweeps and trips, her field of view would find itself persistently plagued with a foot rushing straight toward her person to do damage. Sueatsu had the advantage of lesser amounts of chakra and stamina usage. Even though a bead of sweat had started to form on his brow after the last attack, he still had plenty left in the tank to offer. How long would Kiyori's reserves last in comparison?
JutsuShow
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Momentarily torquing the muscles in either one of his legs while in air, Sueatsu releases a high-speed kick that creates a pressure wave, allowing Sueatsu increased aerial mobility. This can be used for a variety of purposes, such as decelerating himself while in midair, changing directions, increasing the length of a jump, etc. Sueatsu can use this technique multiple times during the same jump, but each additional use consumes more energy.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Shadow
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Strength must be equal to or higher than Speed, Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Nomadic Trail.
Momentarily torquing the muscles in his legs, Sueatsu dashes straight toward the opponent, immediately accelerating to his maximum Speed, striking with a barrage of powerful kicks. After each kick, if the opponent is sent flying away from the opponent, Sueatsu switches legs and dashes over toward the opponent immediately at max Speed. Sueatsu can control how much physical stamina and chakra this technique uses based on the number of kicks he chooses to execute, but the technique will end immediately after using a kick in the air if he chooses to do so.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:01 am

Kiyori once again started to bounce and shit her body around in unorthodox ways, her 'dance' starting up as the hunks of rock came hurdling down towards her. With her advanced mind and speed, it wasn't too much trouble to twist and rotate around the ranged attacks, rolling under the first, pushing herself into a handstand and leaping over the second and kicking the third mid air. As her foot made contact with the rock, Sueatsu might be surprised to find that it was shattered by not her strength, but the strength of her sand armor... utilized by kinesis, the movement of her kick functioning as a conduit for her chakra control. This was her secret strength, that which enabled her to go toe to toe with opponents far stronger than her; the Dance of Bastet.

As the kicks came flying, her speed and presence of mind would let her slip carefully between strikes, all the while her eyes were peeled for an opening. And when she saw the first sweeping kick, she saw her chance; a quick leap over the sweep would lead into a snap kick aimed for Sueatsu's skull, enhanced by her Sunakinesis. If contact was made, no doubt the blow would push him back, but she would leap up and towards him before launching into a series of twisting kicks aimed for his shoulders, three in total, before ducking down into a short tumble. From that tumble she'd launch up onto her hands into a kick aimed for Sueatsu's torso, aimed to send him skyward, before leaping off of her hands to follow him into the air. And if all of this went according to plan, the Meteor Shower would begin; A series of twelve strikes aimed all over Sueatsu's torso, head, back, hips and legs. She would deliver punches while pushing off of thin air with her legs, following the man's path through the air before striking again.

At the end, she finish with a single, vertical axe kick, aimes straight for the top of his skull, to send him back to the sanda beneath... at which point she'd twist her hand towards the sands where he would land, aiming to create a 5 meter diameter, 3 meter deep sinkhole to capture him like an Antlion pit with her full strength. All throughout this onslaught she used the full power of her sand surrounding her body, ensuring that each strike carried with it immense power... This was her potential.
jutsuShow
Ryuusei Ken - Constant Motion
D-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
Kiyori will begin swinging her legs back and forth, maintaining a wide legged pose to keep a constant state of motion going. She rocks her upper body about while positioning her legs and pivoting on her feet to allow her to keep a constant momentum going as she bounces about the battlefield. This method of movement has two purposes. The first is to prevent her from being a still and easy target by rolling and flipping about the area, both by rotating on her hands and flipping through the air. The other is to allow her to throw her momentum based power kicks from unexpected positions in an attempt to catch her opponents off guard.

[Dance of Bastet]
B-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: [Sand Style • Sunakinesis], [Close Quarters Combat], [Acrobatics], [Deft Hands]
By combining her ability to utilize Sunakinesis with her incredible Taijutsu prowess and training the two side by side, Kiyori has developed the ability to weave Sunakinesis seamlessly within her hand to hand combat. This discipline reflects that training, allowing her to use the bodily movement of her Taijutsu as a means of shaping and manipulating sand using Sunakinesis. What results is a perfect marriage of the two skills, her Taijutsu skills enhanced by her Sunakinesis and vice versa

[Sand Style • Split Second Sunakinesis]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: [Dance of Bastet], [Sand Style • Sunakinesis]
To use this technique properly, Kiyori must be in physical contact with the sand that she is trying to manipulate, such as having the element coat her arms or legs, or wielding a weapon made of the element. While using the [Dance of Bastet], Kiyori will flow chakra through her sand at the precise moment of contact against an enemy. In doing so, Kiyori will pulse the element forward as a solid, grinding mass, at a speed and strength equal to her control, impacting the target in tandem with her own physical strength. This can be performed multiple times in quick succession, creating a flurry of incredibly damaging strikes that utilize Sand style's passive grinding alongside the monstrous strength of her control and her blinding speed.

~Ryuusei Ken – Shooting Star
D-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
This attack is a simple in nature, while being approached by the opponent, the clan member will hop up. During the hop they will bring up their back leg into a snap kick aimed at the opponent's head, shifting to their other leg as they land.

~Ryuusei Ken – Forceful Comet
Prerequisite: ~Ryuusei Ken – Stardust
Leaping upward, the Henrin will kick while performing a series of spinning motions. They will kick with every full rotation they perform(up to four kicks), usually using this move to counter an opponent that is coming at them from the air or to attempt a flurry of blows against an opponent trying to back away from them on the ground by leaping forward instead of upwards.

Ryuusei Ken - Handstand stance
C-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
Prerequisite: 15 Taijutsu
Kiyori has developed the ability to use her hands as though they were her feet, flipping upside down and walking on her hands at her normal speed. She is perfectly capable of doing all the things she could normally do on her feet, such as stand on one hand and push herself into a jump off of her hands. This stance is primarily for enabling her to use more of her kicking techniques, as it frees up her legs to function more like arms for striking purposes.

Ryuusei Ken - Rising Thrust Kick
Prerequisite: Handstand Stance
While Kiyori balances on her hands, she is capable of generating more power with her feet by using her hands to spring into the attack. What results is an upwards foot thrust capable of launching an opponent skyward easily as well as causing considerable damage. This technique can be followed up easily, as the opponent is left in a rather vulnerable aerial position.

Ryuusei Ken - Meteor Shower
A-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Kiyori begins this incredible feat of aerial combat by launching her target into the air through either the Leaf Shadow Dance or a technique of similar design. After doing so, Kiyori will follow her target into the air and hit them with all her strength, launching them away from her but keeping them airborne. She will then use her strength to boost herself off of the air beneath her feet, launching her in the same direction as her opponent to catch up with them. Once she does so, she will proceed to hit them in another direction before repeating the same step of dashing to catch them once more. This will continue for a multitude of hits, twelve in all, before she launches them high into the air. Finally, to conclude this assault, she will begin to frontflip multiple times with incredible speed before delivering a powerful heel drop to the back of the target's skull, sending them down to collide with the earth while she makes her own safe landing.

A-Ranked Ninjutsu
Active Characters

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:46 am

Kiyori's plan, enhancing her attacks with her Sand, would land her the first solid hits on the Kazekage in this entire match. His face ripe with shock, Sueatsu strove to block and evade, but with little success. Her blows would successfully land as the barrage seemed to take its toll, skin and flesh slowly being rent from each impact and red mist eventually rising in the later hits. It seemed as if in one fell swoop the Archivist had asserted her dominance over the Kazekage. As the final axe kick came rocketing down toward him...

His eyes went ablaze, and he grinned. Not all had been as it seemed.

It was true that Kiyori's sand would certainly do damage to Sueatsu. Even with his pain tolerance and with the litany of forms of body conditioning he engaged in, it certainly hurt. However, the sheer difference in skill, their pure capacities in Taijutsu, would be evident through the way in which Sueatsu endured Kiyori's exchange. Though he indeed lacked the Speed to register the hits while they were happening, his eyes, ears, and the vibrations through the sand and air told him what he needed to know before the blows were launched. With each strike, Sueatsu rolled with the impact. Starting with the snap kick to his skull, he rolled back the moment before impact, giving the illusion of a full-power hit, as well as the feint of Sueatsu exerting everything he could to full evade the hits and simply failing. Without the direct skin-to-skin contact of traditional taijutsu, it would be much more difficult, if not impossible, for Kiyori to properly gauge the full extent of the damage Sueatsu was actually suffering. Most certainly, he was still taking damage; the entire ruse depended on him enduring through the necessary amount of damage and pain to sell the farce. But the important thing was that for all of the damage he was taking now, Kiyori would suffer many times more at the end, the one moment she fully committed to an attack to end the bout. That was the moment Sueatsu waited patiently for. That was the moment that Kiyori's mistake would become evident.

And eventually, that moment arrived.

His ludicrously heightened senses, as well as his superlative skill with Taijutsu, telling him where to move, Sueatsu would intercept the axe kick by Kiyori's ankle, his powerful hand gripping and crushing like a vice. The position in the air, as well as catching the leg instead of the arm, wouldn't allow Sueatsu to strike Kiyori's jaw or knee her in the groin, but the contact was all he needed. Kicking off toward the ground with an air-pressure wave, Sueatsu violently torqued his legs and hips as he kicked off, twisting in a rocketing downward spin at blinding speeds. Shortly before he would land, he would launch Kiyori at the ground with his full Strength, likely completely shattering her Sand Armor, before immediately following up with a powerful downward punch on her pelvis with all his might. If Kiyori had no way to avoid the grab, she wouldn't likely be finding herself walking out of this arena.
Disciplines (Full Descriptions in Second Post of Thread)Show
Perceiving Attacks/Spotting Opening: Warrior's Awareness, Situational Awareness, Advancing Guard; Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Hawk's Focus, Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Eyes of the Burrowed Serpent, Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Paws of the Desert Fox.

Mitigating Damage, Dulling Pain: Tolerance; Muay Thai • Conditioning - Arms and Shoulders, Muay Thai • Conditioning - Legs and Feet, Muay Thai • Conditioning - Chest and Core, Muay Thai • Conditioning - Back and Trunk, Muay Thai • Conditioning - Head and Neck; Muay Thai • Conditioning - Joints and Soft Tissues; Muay Thai • Tiger's Camoflauge, Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Shifting Sands; Muay Thai • Conditioning - Skin Reinforcement (resistance to contact wounds); Muay Thai • Conditioning - Muscle Reinforcement (resistance to contact wounds); Muay Thai • Conditioning - Bone Reinforcement (resistance to contact wounds).

Catching Attack: Jujitsu • Master Parry
JutsuShow
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver

Jujitsu • Soumersault Drop
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Jujitsu • Rebound Drop.
After grabbing the opponent by one of their limbs or by a sturdy part of their clothing, the user will torque the muscles in their arm and advance forward, spinning the opponent twice before slamming them into the ground with such force that it causes the earth to crater before they bounce back up. Moving along with the force of the spin, the opponent then jumps and spins once more, channeling the additional centrifugal force into a twisting straight punch, slamming the opponent into the ground a second time.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:16 pm

A look of utter shock crossed Kiyori'a face as her final kick was caught. Even after all of those hits, her entire barrage landing true up until this last strike, despite the grinding tears covering his body... he still had it in him to fight back? She let out a small yelp as his hand tightened around her leg, golden chakra radiating out from her body as the man rocketed towards the ground with her in his grasp. The spinning discombobulated her, and the slamming force of her back against the sands caused a gasp to exit her lungs. Her armor, or what was left of it, was entirely shattered, falling to the ground in clumps as she bounced up, her eyes focused on the fist that came down on her pelvis... the end of the fight.

The man's fist struck true, driving Kiyori down into the sands with an incredible impact, kicking up huge plumes of sand all around them as kinetic energy dispersed through the desert. Sueatsu's fist had shot clean through her pelvis... and yet there was no blood. An instant later Sueatsu would watch as her entire body lost it's color and faded to light brown sand... she had escaped with a substitution, and now stood twenty meters behind him.

She let out a deep breath and raised both of her hands, commanding the sands beneath Sueatsu's feet to rise up all around him before compacting tightly, forming a 20 metee diameter dome around the Kazekage to trap him. More sand from within would invariably follow, filling in all of the space within that dome with excess sand from below, eventually lifting it all into the air 5 meters as she concocted an entire 20 meter diameter sphere of sand, a prison to contain the man and limit escape. By the time she was done, she aimed to prevent him from escaping... before crushing her hands together in a clap, causing every grain of sand to crush inward with all of it's strength. For good measure, she even shook her hands back and forth, vibrating the sand like tiny little daggers to do as much damage as possible. Surely... this would be enough? Such incredible quantities of sand, so much power... she was near her limits. She would release the orb to the ground after she was done, assuming that she had been successful and the Kazekage would need immediate medical attention.
jutsuShow
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Kiyori will channel chakra throughout her body, focusing on a location no more than 20 meters away from her current position. Upon doing so, Kiyori will suddenly teleport to the location specified, leaving behind an image of herself that quickly falls apart as a pile of sand. This sand is charged with Kiyori's chakra, but is otherwise normal, and does not apply the Sand Passive by itself. Each use of this jutsu consumes one of Kiyori's two teleports per thread, and sand must be present in the area in order for her to swap with it just as the normal Change of Body Stance jutsu.

A-Ranked Ninjutsu
Active Characters

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:36 pm

Sueatsu exhaled, hearing Kiyori’s movements and the rushing of sand before he saw it. Jumping straight up, Sueatsu leaped off of an air pressure wave created by one foot to kick through the top of the dome shortly after it formed, kicking off again immediately after to escape the Sand prison. As soon as he crested the dome, Sueatsu rocketed toward the now stationary Kiyori, leveling a number of kicks at her hips, legs, and knees. If they struck true, aside from Sueatsu’s monstrous Strength, Kiyori would feel the point of impact swell up, causing persistent pain and hindering her movement Speed.

Unlike Kiyori, who had spent considerable chakra even since the early stages of this fight, Sueatsu had used his energy sparingly, relying on his natural abilities to help him conserve energy and endure. The differences in their remaining energy levels was beginning to become more apparent. Yes, Sueatsu was battered and bruised, but even with blood and sweat glistening down his body, he still had reserves to spare.
JutsuShow
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Weight of Quicksand
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Torquing the muscles in his legs, Sueatsu unleashes a powerful kick to the opponent's knee. A successful strike enflames the muscles in the leg and causes them to swell, placing pressure on the joints and tendons. This causes the full range of motion with the legs to be inhibited, incurring a -6 Speed penalty on the opponent for six posts. As per debuff stacking rules, this debuff can stack on itself, refreshing the post duration if it is applied again after the first successful blow.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Antlion's Maw
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Torquing the muscles in his legs, Sueatsu unleashes a powerful kick to the opponent's hip. A successful strike enflames the muscles in the pelvis and causes them to swell, placing pressure on the joints and tendons. This causes the full range of motion with the pelvis and hips to be inhibited, incurring a -6 Speed penalty on the opponent for six posts. As per debuff stacking rules, this debuff can stack on itself, refreshing the post duration if it is applied again after the first successful blow.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:14 pm

There it was again, that same damn technique the Kazekage had been using all fight. She knew full well he was capable of altering his trajectory mid air, a sort of jump he could do off of thin air. And this was her chance to finally capitalize on it, the chance she had been waiting for. She had that jutsu figured out from the beginning of the fight, figuring that such a powerful utility would be used semi frequently. Eventually he'd use it for an approach like this... and this was her chance. Sliding her right foot back a foot or so, the movement of her foot would shift the sands just in front of her ever so slightly. The change wouldn't be visible, as she aimed to leave the topmost layer of sand untouched, shifting only a meter or so of sand underneath the area one meter in front of her.

The trick was that she couldn't avoid that strike of his. To do so would give away her trick... His foot planted firmly into her kneecap, a yelp of pain escaping her throat as she dropped to her knee. But in the process of falling, she made sure to clench her right fist hard and slam it down... when Sueatsu landed in front of her, he'd find no solid sand beneath his feet; he'd fall into the small pit she had hidden beneath the sand, and the clenching of her fist would hold his leg like a vice while the downward push of her fist would yank him deep under the sands, a total of 10 meters under. She would squeeze tighter and tighter, blood oozing from her right hand as she tried her damndest to crush the man beneath the sands. She twirled her left hand too, ensuring that even if he wasn't crushed, the swirling sands would grind away at his skin.

"Come on damn you, enough is enough! Don't make me do it Sueatsu!" she didn't want to keep going all out like this, she was afraid if this kept up... one of them wouldn't be leaving here alive.
jutsuShow
~Eideticism - Pattern Recognition
Prerequisite: 15 Taijutsu, 15 Instinct
Using their photographic memory, a Henrin can effectively memorize the way an opponent utilized a specific Taijutsu technique. Thereafter, should that opponent attempt to use the same technique while the Henrin has their eye open, they can almost instinctively react to it as they have memorized and figured out the technique the first time. Essentially, the same Taijutsu technique does not normally work on a Henrin twice.

A-Ranked Ninjutsu
Active Characters

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:45 pm

Sueatsu's eyes narrowed as he cleanly landed a hit on his target, arguably for the first time this match. Practically every single one of his hits, even the powerful flip after catching her axe kick, had been glancing blows or struck significantly further away from their intended target due to Kiyori's superior Speed. Now, however, his attack, a simple one at that, landed squarely where he intended, and he felt the bone and cartilage bend and snap under the force of his Strength. This... no, something was wrong here.

Certainly enough, as his foot made contact with the sand, he felt his foot slip through, and the familiar sensation of weightlessness began to overtake him. This was trouble. If he went beneath the sand alone, he'd be hardpressed to escape, likely finishing the match in one blow. In the moment before the sand gripped round his leg, Sueatsu did the only thing that might ensure his survival in this bout:

He grabbed Kiyori by her kneeling leg, by the ankle and yanked down with all his might, quickly wrapping his arms around her torso and crushing her with all of his might. She'd already commanded the sand to pull him down into the pit, but there was nothing saying that she would be impervious to the effects of her own sand. That wasn't even mentioning that he'd trained to hold his breath for extended periods of time, and he trusted in his resilience to last him long enough in the match. Would Kiyori commit to her attack, or would she abandon it to preserve herself?
Jutsu (Grabbing Leg Instead of Arm; Basic Premise Should Work)Show
Jujitsu • Basic Grab
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
An essential technique, the user waits for an opponent to launch an attack or leaves an opening for the user to take advantage of. After blocking the attack or stepping in, the user will quickly grab the opponent by the shoulder or by a strong part of their garment and quickly pull them forward, usually disrupting their balance unless they have a Strength equal to or greater than the user's Strength. This pull helps generate considerable force, creating a window for the user to execute a strike or flip.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:10 pm

Kiyori felt herself shift under the sands alongside the Kazekage as he grabbed tight hold of her leg, a deep breath taken as she and Sueatsu were both pulled under together. This was her home, Kiyori was perfectly fine under the sands of her own creation... but unfortunately, it also meant she could only hold him in place. Crushing him would crush herself, tearing him would tear herself. And besides, he held her so tightly she could hardly move at all, let alone move enough to control her sands properly. It seemed she was at a disadvantage, the two of them sitting under the sands together. She couldn't really do much to hurt him, but he could always flex harder to crush her... She needed a way out.

She was hoping to not have to resort to the same trick twice, but she suddenly would glow with golden chakra as she pictured the sand 10 meters above her. A moment later, Sueatsu would find himself holding nothing but sand as Kiyori once again substituted herself with the sands above ground. While it required her to release her hold on the Kazekage for only a second, there was a chance that in that time he could have moved from where he was located underneath her... So she had to go nuclear. She had to put everything she had into this. With a yell of fury she brought both of her hands up as high as she could before slamming them down hard on the ground beneath her, sending incredible force down through the sands around her in a 50 meter area surrounding her. All within this area the sands would start to churn and vibrate, tearing apart anything in the area... hopefuly including Sueatsu.

This was crippling to her chakra reserves of course... After this, she had very little left to spare.
JutsuShow
C-Ranked Ninjutsu

A-Ranked Ninjutsu
Active Characters

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:52 pm

Sueatsu poured energy into his next movements, feeling and hearing as how creaking bone and squishing flesh were replaced with crunching, grinding sand, even in the pitch-black in which he now found himself. The woman was running out of energy and chakra. He had fought a long battle of attrition, and if he didn't act now, his efforts would be for naught. He would not show mercy or pity simply because he believed Kiyori to be a worthy Kazekage. He had meant what he said at the beginning of this match: while in this ring, he was not her friend, nor was she his. They were opponents, combatants, enemies.

And he would fight her as such.

He was not quick enough to escape the entirety of Kiyori's attack, as the intervals between her movement and the follow-up attack were too slim. Instead, to give him some defense against the sand's binding Strength, his body would begin to convulse until it appeared as if he was vibrating at a very high frequency, almost creating a perpetual blurred outline around his person. Even if it wouldn't free his legs from the sand, it would still push against the sand encroaching on his torso, giving him just enough room to allow him to move his arms a little bit. Then, using the empty space where Kiyori had been just moments ago, he struck upward with the palm of his hand with all his Strength with one arm, punching a momentary hole in the roof of the pit while ripping his entire top off and tossing it into the sky with the other immediately after, just before the hole would close again. He grit his teeth as his skin was rubbed open, his muscles frayed, and his bones began to creak under the immense power of Kiyori's jutsu.

What would eventually switch places with the fluttering garment, his second use of Kawarimi, would be a much bloodier, more fatigued Sueatsu, who landed roughly fifty meters away from Kiyori. The pants on his legs, as well as the abrasions all over his body, were bleeding, and Sueatsu was breathing heavily as several patches of skin and muscle were shredded, but he was standing, though shakily so. "I... will not give you the mantle... of Kazekage... so easily," he breathed as he began to advance, step by agonizing step.
JutsuShow
Close Quarters
Prerequisite(s): [Rigid Structure] Concentration.
When in enclosed areas, many fighters have may find themselves with limited space and find it difficult to get the full force out of their attack. No matter the angle, the user who practiced this discipline will be able to get full strength from their blows even if they can't extend them fully.

Muay Thai • Unrelenting Hunt of the Tiger
A-Rank Taijutsu Stance
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body, Rigid Structure, 35 Strength.
Placing one's body in a state of constantly oscillating state of tension, the user causes one's skin and muscles to vibrate at an incredible Speed, pushing up against obstacles and bindings that attempt to hinder the user with all of their brute force. Any technique that attempts to slow or bind the user's movements that have a Strength less than the Strength of the user has its binding effect completely negated. The user will still suffer additional effects that the technique may incur, such as burns, electrical shock, paralysis, etc.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:04 pm

Kiyori could scarcely believe her eyes... how? She had put so much energy into that attack, thinking that surely he would give up by now. His body was decimated, frayed skin and exposed muscles covered his flesh, blood dripped from several wounds, and no doubt the pain of sand in his wounds was sending signals through his body to cease... and yet he wouldn't. "Sueatsu, please... Your wounds..." Kiyori's own wound, the broken kneecap, was already in the process of healing itself thanks to her impressive regenerative qualities. The kneecap glowed with a soft golden light, a sign that her body was reparing itself... But she saw no such sign in Sueatsu. No regeneration, no healing whatsoever. He was just walking towards her, slowly, determined.

She wobbled to her feet, putting almost all of her weight on her one good leg. Her left arm held her right, both clearly exhausted and hurt from everything going on. While she had only taken a single honest strike, the stamina expenditure was beyond anything she had endured before. Her muscles had almost reached the point of total uselessness... But she still had her voice. "Sueatsu please! You're hurt, you can barely stand! Don't make me keep fighting you!" Through deep, labored breaths and buckets of sweat Kiyori called out to Sueatsu, despite her right hand wiggling ever so slightly to cause a single one meter long spike of sand to form in front of her chest and hover in place.

If he didn't stop, she'd have to launch it towards his stomach... full force.
JutsuShow
A-Ranked Ninjutsu
Active Characters

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:18 pm

"DO NOT INSULT ME, WOMAN!" he barked, probably the most violent and aggressive thing he'd ever spoken to Kiyori. Every muscle on his body torqued, readying his final attack. "Did you not listen to my words whence we began this bout? You've yet to prove yourself willing to forgo your personal mercy and ideals for something greater than yourself. When one is determined to be your enemy in full spite of your lauded peace, there is no mercy to be offered, no quarter to be given. They'd sooner watch your people's bodies fall and see your world burn around you as you cling to your ideals that could not save them. Show me you have the will to do what must be done to those who refuse your peace!"

With a single flicker of movement, a single punch, a massive air pressure wave in the shape of a tiger's head gouged through the Sand, threatening to swallow Kiyori whole. "SHOW ME, KIYORI!"
Final JutsuShow
Muay Thai • Crushing Jaws of the Tiger God
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body Control, 35 Strength.
Torquing every single muscle in their body, the user unleashes a strike that causes an air pressure wave in the shape of a massive tiger's head equal in size to the user's Taijutsu in meters in diameter, traveling up to a number of meters equal to the user's Strength at a Speed equal to the user's Speed. After traveling to the maximum distance, the massive jaws of the tiger's head crash down with a Strength equal to 3/4 the user's Strength, rounded down.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:34 pm

Kiyori had to fight back tears as the Kazekage barked at her from the distance between them, desperately wishing that he would just stop. She couldn't afford to hold back, but not holding back meant... she might... No. She didn't want to. But he left her with no alternatives... no choices. Except one. Closing her eyes, taking a deep breath, and mustering the last of her energy she resolved herself to how this had to go. Her knee reset itself with a painful 'pop' but at this point the pain was nothing compared to the pain in her chest, her heart already grieving. As the man launched his attack, the tiger's maw taking shape from his fist, her eyes opened in a flash and she lifted her right hand up.

Beneath her feet a pillar of sand would emerge, launching her high into the air as a boost that would throw her clear over the top of the tiger's head, the roaring beast passing just a meter under her. She made sure to bring a small pile of sand with her as she arose, only a small handful, but enough for her purposes. The pain shooting through her leg was incredible, she could hardly move it at all even after the healing had taken place... But she had enough left in her for one more jutsu. With a tiny bit of chakra that felt like tons for her current state, a small layer of sand coated her hands. Then she'd drop the handful of sand she'd brought with her under her good leg, a small wave of her hand guiding it as she positioned herself in midair. With a yell of fury she'd launch herself off of that small pile of sand, firing like a rocket full force towards Sueatsu... No doubt the movement was something he'd recognize; her own makeshift version of his "desert eagle's flight", mimicked on the fly with her Photographic memory and some clever use of kinesis.

As she rocketed forward at top speed, she aimed to land just a few meters in front of him, rolling along the ground for a few moments to disperse energy before rising just in front of him with an earth shattering double palm thrust aimed for his solar plexus. The thrust was enhanced by the power of her kinesis, and would likely shatter ribs and rupture organs if it connected. All the while, tears streamed down her face, and she screamed in anger at what she had to do...
JutsuShow
A-Ranked Ninjutsu

[Sand Style • Sand Fist]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Kiyori will channel chakra throughout her body, focusing this chakra into her hands. This chakra will cause sand to form around her hands, causing anything they touch for the next 3 posts to be subjected to Sand's grinding effect, causing skin irritation and rashes to anyone they strike or grab. The coating can be broken with 5 or more strength worth of force.

Energy Dispersal
B-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: [Acrobatics]
Taking the art of tumbling to an almost inhuman level, Kiyori is capable of rolling or tumbling to reduce the damage of even the most lethal of falls to mere bruises or scrapes. By landing in a very specific way and tucking straight into a series of rolls, Kiyori can disperse the Kinetic energy through her body safely, allowing her to survive falls from any height or speed. This is of course reliant on her being capable of seeing where she is landing, and being physically capable of rolling along the surface in question long enough to disperse the kinetic energy she built up during her fall. Outside sources of force can also make this technique unsuccessful, such as being thrown to the ground with excessive force or being unable to maneuver herself properly due to restraints.

~Ryuusei Ken – Split Star
The attack is a simple two-handed pushing motion palm strike delivered from around the level of the Henrin's abdomen. The simplicity of the technique masks the substantial power behind it as they thrust both palms into their opponent in an attempt to knock them back in an attempt to unbalance them.

[Sand Style • Split Second Sunakinesis]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: [Dance of Bastet], [Sand Style • Sunakinesis]
To use this technique properly, Kiyori must be in physical contact with the sand that she is trying to manipulate, such as having the element coat her arms or legs, or wielding a weapon made of the element. While using the [Dance of Bastet], Kiyori will flow chakra through her sand at the precise moment of contact against an enemy. In doing so, Kiyori will pulse the element forward as a solid, grinding mass, at a speed and strength equal to her control, impacting the target in tandem with her own physical strength. This can be performed multiple times in quick succession, creating a flurry of incredibly damaging strikes that utilize Sand style's passive grinding alongside the monstrous strength of her control and her blinding speed.
Active Characters

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:28 pm

Sueatsu watched as the woman who sought to succeed him finally saw the light, pushing past her mental limit. The burden of a Kazekage was not light. It was not gentle. At many times, the work was long, grueling, thankless... and cruel, terribly cruel. Though he regret few things, if any, during his career as the village's leader, Sueatsu did at times wish that people were a little less selfish, a little more trusting of their fellow villager, a bit more dedicated to the village as a whole. He wished that clan politics didn't exist, and he wished that the elders and council as a whole were more willing to look past their biases as Kiyori did. The village was not perfect. No human institution was, really. But it was still great. It was still greater than he was, and it still had the potential to grow even further. It was important that one held fast to that realization, even as they engaged in cruelties and selfish acts for the preservation of this sacred place. Kiyori had proven that she could do just that. She would even break her own heart if it meant protecting and nurturing that village, allowing it to grow into something more perfect, selfless, and beautiful with each passing day.

Standing up straight, Sueatsu would not try to dodge. He would leave the destiny of this battle up to the Goddess Shizuru, who had blessed him with the privilege of serving as Kazekage and watching such ones like Kiyori grow and aspire to take up the same mantle. If he could still fight after this, it would mean his time was not yet over. If he could not...

...It meant the village was in better hands than before.

With a mighty impact, Sueatsu absorbed the impact's full force, skidding back dozens of meters before slowing to a halt, the pair ironically now ending on opposite sides of the clearing from where they began. Sueatsu could feel his skin splitting, muscles tearing and bones cracking and cleanly snapping as his battered, fatigued body, for all of its power and resilience, finally gave way to the forces imposed upon it. His muscles were so exhausted from the previous assaults of Kiyori's sand kinesis and his final attack that they didn't even quiver from fatigue. They had not even the energy for that. Blood dripped from the corners of Sueatsu's mouth, dripping down his chin as it soaked into the sand beneath his feet. For a few brief, tense moments, there was only the soft howl of the night desert winds between them.

With the last energy he had, Sueatsu straightened his body. "Before me... I see one worthy... of the mantle. The village is yours to protect... Kazekage Kiyori," he declared into the wind.

If she spoke anything afterward, he would not respond. Though still on his feet, the former Kazekage had passed out due to exhaustion and injury.

A massive green aura erupted from all around the arena as healing chakra flooded the center of the arena. A grand applause could be heard rising from the walls of the arena, though one figure roughly cast off his cloak. Long, grey hair fashioned into a ponytail and a neatly trimmed mustache and beard framed the stern and fierce visage of the Kouseki's clan head, Kouseki Onimaru, clad in his official clan garment. His eyes bored through Kiyori with an unspoken resentment before he turned and disappeared into the night sky. Despite this exchange between the two, the rest of the attendees, oblivious to the happenings of the previous portion of the exam, joined the council in their cheers for Kiyori's victory.

Proven through the blood, sweat, and tears of combat and sanctified by the light of the moon, Sunagakure no Sato would awaken to a new dawn, one guided into its future by the twelfth Kazekage:

Henrin Kiyori
She would need her rest. The coming days would require much of her in both body and mind. Praise be to the Sun and her Light!
Fin
Bonus: Sueatsu's App (New and Improved)Show
Username: FluffyGinja
Shirahama, Sueatsu

"Monk of Shizuru"

["As fast as the Wind, as quiet as the Forest, as fierce as Fire, and immovable as the Mountain. This is how one should conduct battle."]

General Information Age: 36
Height: 173 cm (5'8")
Weight: 79 kg (175 lbs)
Physical Features:
  • Face/head: Sueatsu has a confident smile that coats his face quite often. The years have been kind to him so far and his chiseled jaw is quite the example of that. His shimmering, gorgeous amber eyes show a great deal of intelligence, as well as some playful nature about him that hasn't left him since his youth. He seems to be quick with a smile that is meant to calm others at any time. His black hair used to be cut short due to the heat, but over time, he has let it grown out and tied it back, seeing as he has grown accustomed to it and prefers it this way. After all, he feels he does look better this way.
  • Body: Sueatsu is what you could consider of an athletic build. His broad shoulders go down into an equally broad frame, which compliments his stockier frame that he possesses. His skin is a tone darker than most thanks to spending a great deal of his time out in the sun but he makes sure to wear the proper clothing constantly to avoid further damage to his skin. Sueatsu, in short, is what one could consider to be a typical shinobi and his entire body shows this quite well.
  • Notable Features:Sueatsu has one highly noticeable feature. He has one prominent scar that runs the length of his spine, parallel to it. He got this scar on one of his later missions and even though he had told the Council how he had received it, he'd rather not it go to public records and thus, doesn't talk to it too much otherwise.
Clothing/Accessories: Sueatsu wears a very different garb from what most might wear. A loose black and light blue outfit adorns his body with a great deal of gold filigree covering it. This outfit was something he had fashioned after he had come back to the village from his trip outside of it to learn more about mastering his body's unique properties. This outfit provides him with all of the comfort that any standard Sunagakure shinobi outfit would provide against the heats of the sun thanks to how light and airy it is. It also consists of a small piece of jewelry which he wears around his neck, a small golden scarab beetle that he keeps with him for good luck.

He has as well a medium-sized pouch on his left side hip where he keeps only a small assortment of items, which he has lowered throughout the years.
PictureShow
Personality:
  • General: Sueatsu is what you could call a very happy-go-lucky person. He is usually seen with a smile on his face as he walks around. He is usually the first to volunteer for anything that the village needs, regardless of if he is overqualified. He desires to assist the village in any way shape or form. With this type of attitude, grim situations rarely leave him without a smile. To him, even in the darkest of times, one simple smile could help fix everything. He has kept this motto of his around for quite a while and he wishes to do his best for his village, even if it is just making one person happy at a time.
  • Hopes/Dreams: Sueatsu wasn't sure what he desired for the longest time. To him, simply assisting his village as a Shinobi was his dream. However, a recent shift has occurred in him due to a vacancy and now he sees an opportunity to lead his village down a path he desires. With his new goal of being Kazekage in mind, he seeks to impress the Council enough to be chosen.
  • Fears: When he was younger, Sueatsu used to have a fear of the dark and of insects. However, a massive paradigm shift during a mission has changed how he sees things and now, he has no need to fear them. To him, these are all factors of the glory of the Sun and as such, he embraces them openly. That being said, he has a minor fear of spiders, thanks to his newfound love of insects.
  • Combat Mentality: Sueatsu has very little when it comes to long-range and is ultimately a hand to hand combat specialist. What little ninjutsu he knows is meant to be there to simply aid him in his hand to hand. This way, his goal is very simple when it comes to combat. He wishes to end things swiftly and decisively before his opponent has a chance to make his move.

Battle Information Village: Sunagakure No Sato

Stats: (0/75)
  • Ninjutsu: 25
  • Taijutsu: 50
  • Genjutsu: 20
  • Stamina: 50
  • Control: 25
  • Strength: 50
  • Speed: 45
  • Instinct: 35
Equipment:
30 Kunai 15m of Ninja Wire
Set's SpikeShow
Set's Spike is a powerful dagger in the possession of Sueatsu. The weapon itself is about 14 inches from tip to pommel, with the blade measuring 10 inches and the handle measuring 4. The top 5 inches of the blade is straight edge, while the bottom 5 inches is serrated, and the entire blade shines with a light blue sheen in the sunlight. Separating the blade and the handle is a crossguard in the shape of a lightning bolt. The handle of the weapon is jet black, with a small circular gem in the pommel. Upon close inspection of the gem, one can see lightning streak along the inside of the gem, giving the weapon its name.

By channeling chakra into it, the user may activate its special properties. Should the blade of this weapon make contact with the flesh of a living creature, the weapon will release a discharge of lightning into the target's body, causing the area around the slash or stab to become paralyzed as if they were hit by an A-Rank Raiton technique (25-34 Strength: Localized Paralysis).

Companions: (0/1)
Affinity: Fuuton

Abilities and Concentrations
First AbilitySince a young age, Sueatsu had an almost supernatural ability to sense those around him and their intent. With no idea what caused it, Sueatsu simply chalked it up to intuition. Not until later, when he had been training with the monks of the Temple of the Sun's Blade did he realize what exactly he had when he spoke with the Headmaster. He learned quickly that he had the ability to sense other's auras and he sought quickly to refine this into something far more accurate. Sueatsu is now able to sense anyone within [Taijutsu] meters and is able to analyze the corruption of their aura as well as their relative strength.
Second Ability-------------
Third Ability-------------
Specialization
Ability Specialization: Taijutsu:
Taijutsu Specialist
Having devoted their lives to mastering the art of taijutsu, this shinobi is classified as a Taijutsu Specialist. Taijutsu specialist are able to devote a total of 10 concentrations to taijutsu, unlike most people who are capped at 8. However, they are only able to devote a max of 5 concentrations to genjutsu, and a max of 5 concentrations to ninjutsu.

As a Taijutsu Specialist, Sueatsu is able to utilize taijutsu concentrations reserved for specialists, and is able to enter the God Tier [45+] on select stats, and meaning as a specialist they can select stats to break into the God tier. These stats can only be Taijutsu, Stamina, Speed and Strength.
Ninjutsu Concentrations
Fuuton Affinity:
Fuuton Affinity
A character with this concentration is able to utilize Fuuton, and can make and use any custom or archived jutsu that require the Fuuton affinity. Fuuton has an cutting effect.
SpoilerShow
Fuuton has a natural cutting property to it, that exists in all jutsu unless otherwise stated. This gives fuuton a unique opportunity to strike with additional power, and to act as a offensive defense. Regardless of their purpose fuuton jutsu passively cut with no distinct pattern at 1/3rd the strength of the technique rounded down unless otherwise stated. This means if someone punched a 19 strength fuuton wall, they would get cuts on their hand applied with 6 strength. This also means that fuuton jutsu specifically designated to cut things can create devastating wound by essentially striking twice.
Taijutsu Concentrations
Close Quarters Combat:
The fundamental skill of [Close Quarters Combat] indicates the user's proficiently to efficiently utilize martial arts and advanced combat moves involving the body for example but not limited to, adv kicks, grapples, adv punches, etc.
Acrobatics:
The fundamental skill of [Acrobatics] includes the user’s ability to contort their body into unfamiliar positions in order to avoid attacks, as well as the user’s ability to fall safely and perform Ukemi and other feats of gymnastics. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu.
Rigid Structure:
The fundamental skill of [Rigid Structure] describes the user’s ability to adeptly position and lock in their skeletal structure to efficiently absorb blows with minimal damage to their person. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu.
Preception:
The fundamental skill of [Perception] describes the user’s practiced methods of more keenly focussing their senses for a short time. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu.
Deft Hands:
The fundamental skill of [Deft Hands] indicates the user’s proficiency with using their hands in very specific and complex movements, like sleight of hand and targeting very small and specific points on an opponent’s body. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu in various ways.
Medicine:
The fundamental skill of [Medicine] describes the user’s mental and physical ability to perform traditional and mainstream medicinal practices. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu.
Heavenly Body Control:
The fundamental skills of [Heavenly Body Control] cannot be mastered by those with less than 35 Taijutsu, Strength and Speed. These skills include those required to create almost ninjutsu-equivalent effects simply from the movement of one’s body such as animal-shaped blasts of compressed air from especially positioned hands and other similar feats which are beyond reality. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu, and requires Taijutsu Specialist.
Genjutsu Concentrations[Place them here]

Jutsu
Ninjutsu
D-RankShow
*[Ninjutsu • Chakra Burst]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After channeling chakra into one of their fists, the user will then attempt to strike their target and if successful, they will release additional concussive force in the form of an outward explosion at D-Rank force from their fist. If the user does not strike a target within 3 posts the jutsu dissipates.

*[Ninjutsu • Tracking Device]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will coat one of their hairs in chakra. Once this has been done, they will place it on their target. The user can track the exact location of the strand of hair for up to 7 meters. For up to twenty meters out, the user can track a rough location. From then out to 100 meters, the user just gets a general idea of where the opponent is. The chakra in the hair will dissipate at the end of 6 posts.

Improved Surface Walking
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 10 Control
After the necessary hand seals, Sueatsu amasses chakra into the soles of his feet. This causes him to hover a foot in the air over whatever object he is on top of, and can even be used to scale obstacles like it's predecessors. It lasts for a number of posts equal to the user's stamina stat.

Shadow Clone Windmill Shuriken
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Holding a windmill shuriken in one hand, Sueatsu will perform hand seals with the other hand. Upon opening the hand that was sealing, a duplicate windmill shuriken will form in it. This windmill shuriken is just as real as the original and after impact poofs.
C-RankShow
*[Ninjutsu • Multiple Chakra Kai]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Despite requiring both hands and more time than *[Basic Jutsu • Chakra Kai], Multiple Chakra Kai allows the user to activate up to five objects simultaneously, up to 20 + (Control/2) meters away.

*[Ninjutsu • Advanced Transformation Technique]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
An advanced form of the Transformation Technique, after performing the correct hand seals and holding the final one temporarily, the user will coat and mold chakra around their body into the shape and form of something or someone which is no more than twice their size at a speed of 4. This technique's true advantage is that the disguise is given physical substance. This means, for example, if they transform into something with claws, they will have claws that can physically be used. For the disguises 5 post duration, if it is damaged by a hit of 16 or more strength, the disguise "poofs" from existence. This includes collateral damage caused by striking an opponent that may occur to the disguise.

Windmill Shuriken Barrage
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Holding a windmill shuriken in one hand, Sueatsu will perform hand seals with the other hand. Upon throwing the windmill shuriken it will duplicate twice causing three total windmill shuriken to travel in a tight spread. Each shuriken has a small amount of explosive energy within it and upon being kai'd can release enough energy to turn it up to 45 degrees once. The cloned shuriken poof after impact.
B-RankShow
*[Ninjutsu • Shadow Clone Technique]
B-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user proceeds to create a number of clones of themselves (maximum is equal to 1/3rd the user's stamina). Unlike the Clone Technique, these clones are actual copies of the user in both appearance and substance. The user's chakra is evenly distributed among every clone, giving each clone an equal fraction of the user's overall power. The clones are capable of performing jutsu on their own and can even bleed, but they will usually disperse after one or two solid blows. The clones will be created in roughly the same condition as the original and any experience the clones gain during their existence is transferred to the user once they are dispersed. Given that the clones are an exact replica of the user, they share the same stats except for stamina, which is determined by the number of clones presently in effect.

Just a Tap
B-Rank Ninjutsu
After the necessary hand seals, Sueatsu will imbue his index and middle finger with chakra. Once this has been done, he will attempt to touch his opponent within two posts. If successful, the opponent's body will become paralyzed for two posts. If the opponent's strength is greater than 20 they can resist this technique.
A-RankShow
*[Ninjutsu • Advanced Shadow Clone Technique]
A-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user proceeds to create a number of clones of themselves (maximum is equal to 1/3rd the user's stamina). Unlike the Clone Technique, these clones are actual copies of the user in both appearance and substance. The user's chakra is evenly distributed among every clone, giving each clone an equal fraction of the user's overall power. The clones are capable of performing jutsu on their own and can even bleed, but they will usually disperse after one or two solid blows. The clones will be created in roughly the same condition as the original and any experience the clones gain during their existence is transferred to the user once they are dispersed. Given that the clones are an exact replica of the user, they share the same stats except for stamina, which is determined by the number of clones presently in effect. The advantage of this form of the technique is that once dispersed, the chakra distributed to the clones returns to the user, allowing any un-used chakra to be regained, slowing the draining usage of this technique. The chakra returns to the user at a different rate depending on the user's control:
  • 1-15 Control: 1/5
  • 16-25: 2/5
  • 26-35: 3/5
  • 36+: 4/5

Taijutsu (General)
D-RankShow
Ambidexterity
Prerequisite(s): [Close Quarters Combat] Concentration.
After extensive practice and training, the practitioner has gained equal strength and skill between their two hands. This allows them to perform any action with either hand at exactly the same skill level and strength.

Ukemi Mastery
Prerequisite(s): [Acrobatics] Concentration.
The user has perfected their ability to perform Ukemi. They can seamlessly move into a roll from any position and are able to evenly distribute their weight when the user is thrown, knocked down or falling.

Seamless Skill
A skill utilized by those on the path to mastery of their weapon, users of Seamless Skill are actively able to transition between offensive and defensive usage of the aforementioned weapon. By transitioning so smoothly, the user is able to save a marginal amount of energy while attacking.

Skillful Wield
With a solid foundation of knowledge on their choice of weaponry, those with the Skillful Wield technique are able to utilize their weapon more fully. By knowing the weapon's weakest points, the user is able to avoid presenting these areas to damage during combat, thus making their weapon less likely to break by means of recklessness.

Spin
Utilized when the user is vulnerable on the ground, this technique allows him/her to get up easily while expelling nearby weapons and people. To perform Spin, the user swings their legs around above them, causing them to spin around. This subsequently knocks away the objects and people in their proximity at a strength equal to the user's while allowing the user to get up.
C-RankShow
Projectile Whistles
The user has attuned their hearing to the sound of things moving through the air. This allows them to hear projectiles flying at them from a general location, even if they can’t see them. This technique does not work in enclosed areas where sounds bounce off walls/doors/windows/etc.
B-RankShow
Close Quarters
Prerequisite(s): [Rigid Structure] Concentration.
When in enclosed areas, many fighters have may find themselves with limited space and find it difficult to get the full force out of their attack. No matter the angle, the user who practiced this discipline will be able to get full strength from their blows even if they can't extend them fully.

Tolerance
Through years of training, the user has learned to suppress a great deal of pain. While the body will still be harmed, the user may choose to ignore all but the most dire of injuries. This allows the user to simply push through and continue the fight with no effort.

Warrior's Awareness
The user has become so adept at fighting that they are able to notice things about their opponent that most might not. The longer the user fights someone, the more the user becomes accustomed to the way their opponent moves, the very minuscule details like the movement of the muscle just before a strike is to come. Those with more Taijutsu than the user will simply not be affected by this technique.
A-RankShow
Situational Awareness
Having taken years of training to perfect this, the user has fine-tuned their hearing to levels that are beyond human. They are able to hear the faintest of whispers, the quietest of noises, and some of the most silent shinobi around. Those that have somehow become one with the shadows themselves will be able to override this technique though.

Advancing Guard
Through years of study with the most powerful of warriors, the user has developed their ability with combat awareness to an inhuman level. The user is able to notice details that are imperceptible to most eyes. With this, the user is able to penetrate the defenses of their opponent to strike in close quarters while keeping themselves safe. Those with more Taijutsu than the user will make this far more difficult to deal with.
S-RankShow
Protective Embrace of the Goddess Shizuru
S-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body Specialization, 45 Taijutsu, 40 Strength.
A technique that Sueatsu has developed himself, he has learned a way to turn the very air he breathes into a means of defense. Drawing in a deep breath, he will begin to exhale outwards a visible air. What he breathes out will begin to coalesce and circle around him in a transparent set of armor. The design is very simple except for what appears to be two arms embracing him over his shoulders, but the function of the armor is truly what makes it marvelous. This armor can withstand hits up to 4/5th of the user's strength, rounded up, before it breaks and it allows free range of motion. This allows Sueatsu to have an emergency set of armor, just in case the opponent he is up against is too much for whatever material he decides to bring originally. This suit of armor lasts for 8 posts or until it is destroyed.

Jujitsu
Jujitsu:
Prior to the rise of Shinobi, the feudal armies consisted almost entirely of samurai. Amongst the samurai, there was a great need to be able to defeat an armed and armored opponent with no weapon, or only a short weapon. Because striking against an armored opponent proved ineffective, samurai learned that the most efficient methods for neutralizing an enemy took the form of pins, joint locks, and throws. With this knowledge, the samurai developed a series of techniques around the principle of using an attacker's energy against them, rather than directly opposing it- the series of techniques ultimately becoming known as Jujitsu.
Requires: [Close Quarters Combat], [Deft Hands], [Rigid Structure]
D-RankShow
Jujitsu • Breakgrip
A spatial awareness and body sense that is extremely important to practitioners of jujutsu, the user has practiced breaking an opponent's grip on them. This technique is possible when the user still has free limbs. Using their free limbs they will strike at the opponent's weak points, like the back of the neck, skull, funnybone, etc. If successful, they will then use the window of opportunity to throw the opponent off balance, creating an opening to flip their suppressor.

Jujitsu • Weapon Parry
A simple augment for the Basic Parry, this allows the user the ability to parry weapons with their hands just as well as they can parry unarmed blows.

Jujitsu • Disorienting Strike
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Normally used either before or during contact with the opponent, the user will launch a snapping strike with either the hand, elbow, or shoulder to strike the opponent in the head or face. The momentary shock is intended to give the user the opporunity to clinch the opponent or complete a flip.

Jujitsu • Basic Flip
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): User must have contact of some sort with the opponent's body.
An essential technique, after the user initiates a clinch, grab, joint lock, or some other form of stable contact with the opponent, they will firmly grab the opponent on the point of contact and flip them into the ground with their full Strength. This can be done over the user's shoulder, back, or with a simple torque of the muscles in the user's wrist.

Jujitsu • Basic Parry
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
An essential technique, the user starts with their feet squared apart and their arms up in a guarding position. When the opponent strikes, whether high or low, the user will use the same side arm as the opponent's incoming limb to parry the attack mid-limb. Then, by twisting off the ball of their foot in a counter-clockwise motion, the user can create considerable force and knock back the opponent's limb, creating a window for the user to execute a strike or flip.

Jujitsu • Basic Grab
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
An essential technique, the user waits for an opponent to launch an attack or leaves an opening for the user to take advantage of. After blocking the attack or stepping in, the user will quickly grab the opponent by the shoulder or by a strong part of their garment and quickly pull them forward, usually disrupting their balance unless they have a Strength equal to or greater than the user's Strength. This pull helps generate considerable force, creating a window for the user to execute a strike or flip.
C-RankShow
Jujitsu • Leg Lock
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Utilizing principles of the Basic Parry, when the opponent attempts an overhead strike, the user will block the initial strike and duck down, the user aiming a strike of their own at the opponents' hip. By applying extra pressure and bringing their other hand down they will attempt to grab the opponent's right ankle, pulling it out from under them. If the target falls they will then place a firm leg on the inside thigh of the left leg and wrap their arm around the right, effectively locking the opponent in place. The same stance can be mirrored with the other leg opening if desired.

Jujitsu • Arm Lock
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Utilizing principles of the Basic Parry, when the opponent throws a punch towards the user's stomach, the user will block the strike with a left-handed downward block. They will then grab the opponent's wrist with their right hand, twisting clockwise on their ball of the left foot to be parallel to their opponent. The user will then plant their right foot and aim a left elbow jab to the attacker's head, really aiming to move their left hand around the opponent's right arm. When done, the user will twist their wrist clockwise and push their wrist down to the floor to apply the lock. The same stance can be mirrored with the other hand opening if desired.

Jujitsu • Body Drop
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
In order to perform a Body Drop, the opponent needs to be off-balance in some manner. This time, when the block is made, the user brings their left foot to the left foot of their opponent. Twisting counter-clockwise on the ball of their left foot, the user takes their right arm behind their opponent simultaneously holding the opponent's right bicep with their left hand. By bringing their right foot to the opponents and then taking their left foot forward, their knee bending, the user then twists their upper body counter-clockwise, the heel of their right foot sweeping the opponent's right leg simultaneously as the users whips the opponent over their right side and onto the ground. The period of shock after this is the perfect opportunity for follow-up pins or attacks.

Jujitsu • Shoulder Toss
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
In order to perform a Shoulder Toss, the opponent will need to be set off balance in some manner. The user will reach towards the opponent's arm and grasp it before turning around, their back towards the opponent now. Using torque and the force of their spin, they will pull on their opponent's arm in an attempt to throw them over their shoulder where they can then follow up with whatever attacks they desire.

Jujitsu • Rebound Drop
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
After disrupting the opponent's balance, such as by sweeping their feet out from under them or slamming one's hip into the opponent's hip, the user will flip the opponent onto the ground with such force that they will bounce off of the ground, allowing the user to follow up with another throw, clinch, grab, or strike. If the opponent's Strength is equal to or higher than the user's Strength, they can resist having their balance disrupted, and if the opponent's Taijutsu is equal to or higher than the user's Strength, they can use the momentum from the bounce to try and escape the follow-up attack.
B-RankShow
Jujitsu • Adept Parry
Prerequisite(s): Jujitsu • Basic Parry.
Having practiced with the Basic Parry for years, the user has been able to grow increased mastery over the technique and has begun to be able to apply it to highly unorthodox attacks. No matter the direction that the attacks come from, the user is able to bring up their arm and block the blow mid-strike while maintaining a rigid stance as to not be moved by the force of the blow. Twisting on the ball of their feet, they can then create considerable force and knock back the opponent's limb, opening the opponent up for a throw or a strike.

Jujitsu • Secondary Slam
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Normally used against an opponent on the ground, the user will reach towards the opponent and grasp them on their shoulder or preferably, whatever clothing they may have on them. The user will lift the opponent up while beginning to pivot, using their other hand on the opponent's side to throw their opponent back down onto the ground with serious force.

Jujitsu • Socket Break
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
After grabbing the opponent by one of their limbs, the user will torque the muscles in their legs and slam the opponent in the ground, rolling with the movement as they press their back into the limb, hyper-extending all of the joints and sockets in the limb. If the opponent's Strength is less than the user's Strength, the limb will be violently ripped from its socket, causing massive pain and rendering the limb useless without medical treatment or personal knowledge of how to resocket the limb.

Jujitsu • Soumersault Drop
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Jujitsu • Rebound Drop.
After grabbing the opponent by one of their limbs or by a sturdy part of their clothing, the user will torque the muscles in their arm and advance forward, spinning the opponent twice before slamming them into the ground with such force that it causes the earth to crater before they bounce back up. Moving along with the force of the spin, the opponent then jumps and spins once more, channeling the additional centrifugal force into a twisting straight punch, slamming the opponent into the ground a second time.
A-RankShow
Jujitsu • Deadly Twist
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 30 Taijutsu, 35 Strength.
A very simple technique in execution, it is the force that applied that makes this move so deadly. Once the user has an opening, they will reach forward and grasp the wrist of the opponent. The user will give a firm twist with a great deal of might. This force comes so quickly that it almost seems as if it travels up their arm before the move is executed. Unless the opponent has more Taijutsu than the user, the opponent's arm will shatter on the spot from the immense torque that is applied to them.

Jujitsu • Joint Breaker
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 30 Taijutsu, *[Medicinal Style • Anatomy].
One of the few combination techniques for this style, this is not for every user and is seen as overly cruel, but often results in death. The user will begin by putting the opponent off balance in some way before they begin. The user will reach for the opponent's arms and attempt to break them at the ball and socket joint. Regardless if they break, the user will quickly transition to the opponent's legs and attempt to break them with swift palm strikes to the side before dancing behind the opponent and grasping at their head, attempting to break the swivel joint in the opponent's neck with a vicious rending of their head.

Jujitsu • Sundering Drop
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 30 Strength, *[Medicinal Style • Anatomy].
Capable of permanently disabling an opponent, after clinching with an opponent's arm, the user will strike the opponent's jaw with a cross jab to disorient them before ducking under the clinched arm to deliver a powerful knee strike to the pelvis. The user will then torque the muscles in their body to perform a violent spinning short hop, slamming the opponent into the ground with a powerful throw, grinding their fist into the opponent's pelvis as they make contact with the ground. In combination, the two strikes are normally sufficient to completely shatter the pelvis, requiring advanced Iijutsu techniques to heal. Opponent's with higher levels of Strength and Stamina will naturally suffer less damage from this technique.
S-RankShow
Jujitsu • Master Parry
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body Control, Jujitsu • Adept Parry.
Sueatsu has taken the art of parrying an opponent's strikes that he is able to do it without so much as a single thought. Sueatsu has taken the Basic Parry technique to the pinnacle of what he knows. At this stage, he is able to be in any sort of stance he desires and be able to react within time should circumstances allow. This type of practice has also allowed him to parry away certain blows that would otherwise not be allowed, such as those that require Heavenly Body Control. There is a limit though and strikes that cover a wide field, don't directly target him, or are far too quick for him to perceive will not be affected.

Jujitsu • Unyielding Stance of the Goddess Shizuru
S-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Jujitsu • Master Parry.
This technique, Sueatsu has spent years developing. In the midst of battle, Sueatsu will simply stop and throw up his arms. The gesture can be taken in a variety of manners, but essentially, Sueatsu leaves himself completely open. This is exactly what he wants because if the opponent strikes him while he is doing this, he will attempt to react to them. If all goes as intended, Sueatsu will reach forward and grip the opponent's face before bringing them up by their head. During this, he will turn around and slamming them down onto the ground in an attempt to break their neck with the sheer force of the throw. Even if the opponent survives this technique, they are likely to be in severe pain from the blow and prone to follow up techniques.

Muay Thai
Muay Thai:
Long before the rise of Shinobi, ancient armies consisted almost entirely of lightly armored warriors. When conventional weapons broke, which was common, it became a normal practice for warriors to learn to use their entire body in combat. From this style, quite a few martial arts can trace their roots to it. Called the Art of Eight Limbs, Muay Thai is seen as less brutal direct descendant, but this is hardly the case. Practitioners of this style use their arms, legs, elbows, and knees to deliver crushing blows and cause as much damage as possible.
Requires: [Close Quarters Combat], [Rigid Structure], [Acrobatics]
D-RankShow
Muay Thai • Conditioning - Arms and Shoulders
After years of body conditioning, the bones in Sueatsu's shoulders, arms, elbows, forearms, and hands have increased in density, and the nerve endings have decreased in their sensitivity to pain. It takes more force to cause Sueatsu pain by attacking these areas of the body, and attacks with these areas of the body will cause more damage, such as punches, elbow strikes, and shoulder bashes.

Muay Thai • Conditioning - Legs and Feet
After years of body conditioning, the bones in Sueatsu's thighs, knees, shins, calves, ankles, and feet have increased in density, and the nerve endings have decreased in their sensitivity to pain. It takes more force to cause Sueatsu pain by attacking these areas of the body, and attacks with these areas of the body will cause more damage, such as kicks and knee strikes.

Muay Thai • Conditioning - Chest and Core
After years of body conditioning, the bones in Sueatsu's rib cage and clavicle have increased in density, and the nerve endings have decreased in their sensitivity to pain. It takes more force to cause Sueatsu pain by attacking these areas of the body.

Muay Thai • Conditioning - Back and Trunk
After years of body conditioning, the bones in Sueatsu's shoulder blades, spine, and pelvis have increased in density, and the nerve endings have decreased in their sensitivity to pain. It takes more force to cause Sueatsu pain by attacking these areas of the body.

Muay Thai • Conditioning - Head and Neck
After years of body conditioning, the bones in Sueatsu's neck, jawbone, and skull have increased in density, and the nerve endings have decreased in their sensitivity to pain. It takes more force to cause Sueatsu pain by attacking these areas of the body, and attacks with these areas of the body will cause more damage, such as headbutts.

Muay Thai • Tiger's Strength
After years of training, Sueatsu has learned how to make effective use of kinetic linking with his unarmed attacks. By planting his rear heel back into the ground and channeling the energy through his hips and core whenever he launches an unarmed attack, Sueatsu can transfer all potential energy from his movements into his attacks, causing them to deal more damage to the opponent.

Muay Thai • Tiger's Swipe
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Quickly twisting his hip and firmly planting his back leg on the ground as he attacks, Sueatsu strikes the opponent's upper leg or knee with a kick using his shin. Aside from causing swelling on the targeted area, if Sueatsu's Strength is higher than the opponent's average of their Strength and Stamina, rounded up, this technique can cause the opponent to lose their center of balance and stagger, potentially leaving them open to additional attacks.

Muay Thai • Tiger's Paw
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Quickly twisting his hip and firmly planting his back leg on the ground as he attacks, Sueatsu strikes the opponent's lower legs or feet with a kick using his shin. Aside from causing swelling on the targeted area, if Sueatsu's Strength is higher than the opponent's average of their Strength and Stamina, rounded up, this technique can cause the opponent to be swept off of their feet, making them fall to the ground on their back, potentially leaving them prone and open to additional attacks.

Muay Thai • Tiger's Lunge
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Quickly twisting his hip and firmly planting his back leg on the ground as he attacks, Sueatsu launches a two-hit combo consisting of one straight jab to the face and one elbow strike to the side of the head or jaw in whichever order Sueatsu chooses. Aside from causing pain, disorientation, and swelling, if Sueatsu's Strength is higher than the opponent's average of their Strength and Stamina, rounded up, this technique can potentially break bones or cartilage on the opponent's face.

Muay Thai • Foot Jab
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
The user will lunge a foot forward to strike at the opponent. This simple technique has a variety of uses to it but typically, it is used to strike at an opponent's stomach to keep them at max distance.

Muay Thai • Clinch
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
When caught in a close-quarters situation, the user will cup the opponent's head and hold them in place, allowing them to deliver elbows and knees at full power while hindering the opponent's movement. The user may also choose to throw the person as well.

Muay Thai • Roundhouse
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
As the name suggests, this is a simple roundhouse kick that the user can perform at their leisure, but allows for many ways to follow up and even allows to the user to keep the opponent at a different distance than the foot jab would, making this great for just throwing out.
C-RankShow
Muay Thai • Conditioning - Joints and Soft Tissues
Prerequisite(s): 15 Strength, 15 Stamina.
After years of body conditioning, Sueatsu's skin and muscles surrounding joints and soft tissues, such as socket joints in the shoulder and on the thigh, inside the elbow or behind the knee and the groin, have increased in density, and the nerve endings associated with those areas have decreased in their sensitivity. It takes more force to cause Sueatsu pain by attacking these areas of the body.

Muay Thai • Tiger's Camoflauge
After years of experience, Sueatsu has learned how to naturally shift his body upon imminent contact with an opponent's technique to avoid vital vessels, muscle groups, joints, nerves, and bones. While this technique on its own does not prevent the attack from hitting, this allows Sueatsu to change the point of impact of the opposing techniques to more sturdy and resilient parts of his body around the original targeted area, potentially reducing the damage that it takes.

Muay Thai • Rising Tiger Knee
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Rushing forward, Sueatsu will attempt to clinch with an opponent, tightly gripping the opponent at the base of their neck to gain leverage, before driving a powerful knee strike directly into their torso or solar plexus. Aside from winding the opponent and causing serious pain, if Sueatsu's Strength is higher than the opponent's average of their Strength and Stamina, rounded up, this technique can potentially cause serious internal bleed and break bones and cartilage.

Muay Thai • Leaping Tiger Knee
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Sueatsu leaps forward either from standing still or from a dash and momentarily draws his knees in towards his torso before violently thrusting his knee outward into his opponent's torso or weapon and armor. Aside from causing significant damage, as Sueatsu's entire weight and Strength is behind the attack, this technique has the possibility of breaking the opponent's weapon or armor if they defend against the attack with either one. If Sueatsu's Strength is higher than the opponent's average of their Taijutsu and Strength, rounded up, Sueatsu can break the opponent's weapon or armor used to defend against the attack so long as the armor does not list a Strength rating that is equal to or higher than Sueatsu's Strength.

Muay Thai • Tiger's Maw
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Quickly twisting his hip and firmly planting his back leg on the ground as he attacks, Sueatsu launches a three-hit combo consisting of one straight jab to the face, one hook punch, and one elbow strike to the side of the head or jaw in whichever order Sueatsu chooses. Aside from causing serious pain, disorientation, and fractures and breakage, if Sueatsu's Strength is higher than the opponent's average of their Strength and Stamina, rounded up, this technique can potentially inflict a -3 penalty to the opponent's Instinct due to the violent vibrations of the strikes affecting the target's brain.

Muay Thai • Punishing Knee
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Muay Thai • Clinch.
During a clinch, the user with grasp at the back of the target's head firmly and drag them downwards. At the same time, the user will attempt to strike upwards with their knee and drive their knee right into the opponent's face.

Muay Thai • Snap Kick
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
The user will lunge forward and deliver a brutal kick to the knee of the opponent. Should the kick connect the opponent will receive a -3 to their speed. If the user has more than 5 strength than the opponent, this kick can result in a completely shattered knee.

Muay Thai • Reverse Elbow
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
A counter technique, the user will wait till the opponent strikes at them. As the opponent strikes, the user will attempt to spin around to the outside of the strike and at the same time, try to strike at the opponent's head with their elbow.

Muay Thai • Rising Elbow
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
A counter technique, the user will wait till the opponent strikes at them. As the opponent strikes, the user will attempt to block the strike on the inside of the opponent's arm or elbow and, at the same time, try to strike upward at the opponent's chin with their elbow. If the average of the opponent's Strength and Stamina, rounded up, is lower than the user's Strength, this technique can disorient the opponent for three posts.

Muay Thai • Drop Elbow
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
The user will raise their arm up before swiftly dropping their elbow on top of the opponent's head. Normally, this is done during a clinch but can be down by simply jumping into the air a small amount to slam their elbow downwards.
B-RankShow
Muay Thai • Bounding Tiger
B-Rank Taijutsu Stance
Placing the muscles in their body in a semi-torqued state, the user is able to eliminate the time necessary to accelerate their movements to maximum speed, allowing for offensive and defensive movements to be executed more quickly. Due to the immediate acceleration caused by this Stance, it also becomes more difficult for opponents to read the user's movements. While the user is in this Stance, the opponent must have an average of their Taijutsu and Instinct, rounded up, equal to or higher than the average of the user's Strength and Speed, rounded down, to be able to normally read the user's movements.

Muay Thai • Conditioning - Skin Reinforcement
Prerequisite(s): 25 Strength, 25 Stamina.
After years of body conditioning, Sueatsu has conditioned the skin on his body to the point where it is a natural suit of armor, resistant to cuts, lacerations, tearing, and impact damage. Attacks that come into contact with Sueatsu's skin with a Strength lower that Sueatsu's Strength will be unable to penetrate his skin, thus reducing the overall damage he takes from attacks. This also increases the skin's resistance to burns and other types of contact wounds.

Muay Thai • Collar Breaker
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
This brutal combo starts out with a punch towards the opponent's head, attempting to get them off balance and make them block towards one side. The user will then follow up by performing a knee aimed for the stomach accompanied with an elbow strike aimed at the head on the opposite side of where the first punch occurred. The user will then follow up with a double elbow strike right towards the opponent's collar bone in an attempt to shatter it and drop the opponent.

Muay Thai • Tiger's Destruction
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
The user will begin by launching themselves forward into the air, towards their opponent with their knee outstretched to catch them with it. If the knee hits, it is likely to put the opponent in a stunned state at the sheer force of the impact. The user will then follow up right afterward with an uppercut that sends the opponent flying into the air before chasing after them to land another uppercut into the opponent to send them soaring away and landing onto the dirt.

Muay Thai • Crushing Tiger Leap
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Torquing the muscles in their legs, the user will leap at their opponent, immediately accelerating to their max speed, and launching a ferocious leaping downward hook at the opponent's chest. If the average of the opponent's Strength and Stamina, rounded up, is less than the user's Strength, they are launched back and off of their feet. The user will then follow up this strike with another leap forward and a violent uppercut to the same impact point as the first attack, launching the opponent into the sky. Finally, the user will jump up and drive their elbow into the impact point yet again, compounding the damage with three attacks targeting the same area of the chest as the opponent rockets into the ground.

Muay Thai • Tiger's Roar
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body, 35 Taijutsu, 35 Strength.
Using the superlative control granted by Heavenly Body, the user momentarily channels energy into a single part of the body, such as a foot, a fist, an elbow, a knee, etc. Then, upon making contact with an opponent using that part of the body (punch, kick, etc.), the energy is released into a super-heated explosion that erupts outward into an explosion covering an 8-meter x 8-meter x 8-meter space at 1/2 the user's Strength, rounded down.
A-RankShow
Muay Thai • Unrelenting Hunt of the Tiger
A-Rank Taijutsu Stance
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body, Rigid Structure, 35 Strength.
Placing one's body in a state of constantly oscillating state of tension, the user causes one's skin and muscles to vibrate at an incredible Speed, pushing up against obstacles and bindings that attempt to hinder the user with all of their brute force. Any technique that attempts to slow or bind the user's movements that have a Strength less than the Strength of the user has its binding effect completely negated. The user will still suffer additional effects that the technique may incur, such as burns, electrical shock, paralysis, etc.

Muay Thai • Conditioning - Muscle Reinforcement
Prerequisite(s): 30 Strength, 30 Stamina.
After years of body conditioning, Sueatsu has conditioned the muscles in his body to the point where they are a natural suit of armor, resistant to cuts, lacerations, tearing, and impact damage. Attacks that come into contact with Sueatsu's muscles with a Strength lower that Sueatsu's Strength will be unable to damage his muscles, thus reducing the overall damage he takes from attacks. This also increases the muscle's resistance to burns and other types of contact wounds.

Muay Thai • Crushing Jaws of the Tiger God
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Torquing every single muscle in their body, the user unleashes a strike that causes an air pressure wave in the shape of a massive tiger's head equal in size to the user's Taijutsu in meters in diameter, traveling up to a number of meters equal to the user's Strength at a Speed equal to the user's Speed. After traveling to the maximum distance, the massive jaws of the tiger's head crash down with a Strength equal to 3/4 the user's Strength, rounded down.

Muay Thai • Tornado Uppercut
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
A highly vicious technique, the user has become capable of harnassing their strength for a feat that is truly marvelous. Ducking down quickly, the user with perform an uppercut. This uppercut is performed at such a level of strength that the air around it will begin to swirl before flying forward. It will travel about 40 meters before it will disperse. Whatever it comes in contact will be shredded by the razor-sharp winds for 3/4th the user's strength, rounded down.
S-RankShow
Muay Thai • Conditioning - Bone Reinforcement
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body, 40 Strength, 40 Stamina.
After years of body conditioning, Sueatsu has conditioned the bones in his body to the point where they are a natural suit of armor, resistant to cracking, fracturing, or breaking. Attacks that come into contact with Sueatsu's bones with a Strength lower that Sueatsu's Strength will be unable to damage his bones, thus reducing the overall damage he takes from attacks. This also increases the bone's resistance to burns and other types of contact wounds.

Muay Thai • Wrath of the Goddess Shizuru
S-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body Control, 40 Strength, 40 Taijutsu.
Taking the principals of Tornado Upper, Sueatsu has developed it in a different manner. Placing his palms together horizontally, he will begin to focus before he releases them and whirls his arms around once in front of him before they rigidly stop forearm to forearm. This motion will bring forth the true strength of this technique, sending a mass of heated whirling air forward in a cone away from him. Anyone within 35 meters of this mass of air will be pulled towards it with 3/4th of the user's strength. Those that are struck by this technique are hit with 3rd-degree burns on contact and sent spiraling away at a strength equal to 3/4th of the user's strength. This cone of air is 50 meters in length and 35 meters wide.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu
Sabaku Gensō Ryuu:
A Taijutsu style that foregoes most traditional attacks with the arms, Sabaku Gensō Ryuu focuses solely on improving one's uses of the lower body to turn what would normally simply be a vehicle for movement into a deadly fighting machine in its own right.

Requires: [Close Quarters Combat], [Acrobatics], [Perception] Concentrations.
D-RankShow
Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Chill
After years of studying and training, Sueatsu has increased his tactile acuity and has learned how to track his opponents without using sight, instead relying on his sense of touch to locate them by tracking vibrations through the surface he is standing on and small changes in movement in the wind. This technique allows Sueatsu to accurately isolate and track an opponent using only sound so long as they remain within a distance of meters equal to his Taijutsu score.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Decay
After years of studying and training, Sueatsu has increased his olfactory acuity and has learned how to track his opponents without using sight, instead relying on his sense of smell to locate them. This technique allows Sueatsu to accurately isolate and track an opponent using only smell so long as they remain within a distance of meters equal to his Taijutsu score.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Shifting Sands
After years of training and specialized stretches focusing on the core, spine, and limbs, Sueatsu has become significantly more flexible. This Discipline represents Sueatsu's ability to both evade and defend against attacks by using his inherent flexibility as well as attack from unusual angles, such as bending around the opponent's attacks, maintaining balance even when crouching low to the ground and "rolling" with attacks, using his flexibility to reduce the amount of damage taken by moving with the force of the attack. This also allows Sueatsu to attack with his full Strength even if using acrobatic maneuvers or while stretching or contorting his body.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Hawk's Focus
Prerequisite(s): 10 Instinct.
After years of training and study, Sueatsu has learned how to more quickly recognize openings and weaknesses in his opponent's defenses and fighting style. This Discipline represents Sueatsu's reduced reaction time required to take advantage of an opening that presents itself in the middle of combat, thus increasing the likelihood he will score a successful hit when targeting the vulnerable area. This does not grant Sueatsu any protection against falling for feints or traps sent by the opponent.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Breath of the Desert
After years of training and study, Sueatsu has mastered basic breathing techniques to fully oxygenate his bloodstream with minimal effort. This Discipline allows his body to reach homeostasis with less energy expended, thus reducing the amount of physical stamina he uses while attacking and defending in combat, making him last longer in a fight. This Discipline also doubles the amount of time he can spend underwater before having to surface for air (Stamina x 2).

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Dance of the Desert Serpent
After years of training and study, Sueatsu has learned how to maintain his forward momentum more efficiently while adjusting to changes in the flow of battle. This Discipline represents Sueatsu's ability to more quickly decelerate and immediately change direction while moving without losing Speed, thus conserving his defensive and offensive momentum.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Scorpion Pincer
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
A fairly simple attack, Sueatsu performs a front flip before delivering a powerful chop to the opponent's clavicle, using the centrifugal force from the flip to add more power to the strike.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Quicksand
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Hopping toward the opponent to generate more forward momentum, Sueatsu crosses his feet, landing on the back foot first. Then, while planting his forward foot towards the opponent, he drives a palm heel strike into his opponent's torso. If Sueatsu's opponent has a lower Strength than Sueatsu's Strength, the opponent will be violently knocked to the ground.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Scorpion Stinger
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Used both as a counterattack and as an offensive maneuver, Sueatsu will either attempt to clinch the opponent's wrist or block an opponent's punching attack with an inside sweeping block. Sueatsu will then immediately pivot his hip and slam his opposing forearm into the back of the opponent's elbow joint. If Sueatsu's Strength is equal to or higher than the opponent's Strength, their elbow joint will be hyper-extended if not outright ruptured, disabling motor functions in the attached hand until they receive medical treatment for the injury.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Poisonous Cactus
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 8 Taijutsu, Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Shifting Sands.
Using his superior flexibility, Sueatsu supports his weight on one leg as he swings his torso down, parallel with the ground, before immediately launching a punch towards the opponent's midsection. Sueatsu then flips either forward or backward to return to a normal fighting stance.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Antlion's Den
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 8 Taijutsu, Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Shifting Sands.
Using his superior flexibility, Sueatsu momentarily drops towards the ground, almost as if he were falling on his face, planing his body until it is parallel to the ground. Then, torquing muscles in his ankles and calves, Sueatsu leaps forward an inch off of the ground, moving up to a number of meters equal to his Speed, before rolling forward and returning to his feet, ready to defend or counterattack. This technique can be very useful for evading certain attacks from an unusual angle.
C-RankShow
Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Eyes of Sunlight
After years of studying and training, Sueatsu has significantly increased his visual acuity. Sueatsu can now accurately see out to a number of meters equal to his Taijutsu score in foggy, misty, or cloudy conditions (such as while in the effect of a smoke bomb), at night or other low light vision, or through natural distortions such as mirages. His normal range of sight is doubled in normal or favorable conditions.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Nomadic Trail
After years of training and study, Sueatsu has learned how to maintain his full speed and move while making minimal contact with the surface upon which he is running, thus reducing the amount of energy required to move at full Speed. This Discipline represents Sueatsu’s ability to conserve physical stamina with optimized movement of his legs and feet, allowing him to last longer in a fight.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Diving Desert Hawk
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
An aerial variant of an ax kick, Sueatsu performs a double front flip before delivering a powerful downward vertical kick. Depending on where the kick lands, it can easily break through an opponent's armor, defenses, or bones, and a strike to the head can potentially knock an opponent unconscious.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Hawk Talons
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Commonly known as a butterfly kick, Sueatsu performs a vertical aerial flip but inverts the body slightly more sideways, striking his opponent's face with a powerful double kick. This technique can be useful both as a normal attack and as a simultaneous evasion and counterattack of an opponent's own attack.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Stomping Camel Hooves
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
A quick, brutal kick attack, Sueatsu jumps forward and stomps on the opponent in the air, unleashing three vicious downward kicks. With the third kick, Sueatsu will push himself off of the opponent or their defenses to create distance between himself and the opponent, making it difficult to counterattack against this technique.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Stampeding Camels
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Meant to overwhelm the opponent when in range, Sueatsu unleashes a barrage of alternating kicks and jumping spin kicks in rapid succession, changing legs with each kick and hopping or jumping forward or backward to continue moving with the opponent. This technique is normally meant to be executed for the remainder of the post, but Sueatsu can end this technique prematurely if he wishes.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Descending Desert Twister
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 15 Taijutsu, 15 Strength.
A series of six powerful kicks, Sueatsu jumps and delivers three powerful spin kicks aimed toward the opponent's torso and head before quickly dropping low to the ground and aiming the fourth kick at the opponent's feet to sweep their feet from under them. The fifth and sixth kicks are a rising upward kick followed by a falling ax kick, aimed to strike both sides of the opponent's ribcage, potentially breaking ribs and causing serious internal bleeding.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Heat Strike
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Jumping toward the opponent while spinning to build torque and forward momentum, Sueatsu ducks low and rams his elbow into the opponent's lower torso. This is followed by a rising elbow to the opponent's face and two alternating straight punches to the chest to drive the opponent away.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Brutal Sandstorm
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Often performed immediately out of a roll to counterattack and surprise the opponent, Sueatsu lifts his body up using his arms and assaults his opponent with a flurry of kicks. Sueatsu can continue to follow his opponent at a pace equal to his Speed while using this technique by moving himself forward using his hands, but due to the strain the technique causes on his arms, Sueatsu can only use this technique continuously for a number of posts equal to his Strength/3, rounded down.
B-RankShow
Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Rising Heat Wave
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Closing in on the opponent, Sueatsu starts by driving a fierce upward kick into the opponent's torso. If Sueatsu's Strength is equal to or higher than the opponent's Strength, the opponent is launched into the air. Sueatsu will then jump after them, assaulting the opponent with a barrage of spinning straight kicks before slamming down on the opponent with a frontal flip aerial ax kick, sending the opponent rocketing towards the ground.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Weight of Quicksand
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Torquing the muscles in his legs, Sueatsu unleashes a powerful kick to the opponent's knee. A successful strike enflames the muscles in the leg and causes them to swell, placing pressure on the joints and tendons. This causes the full range of motion with the legs to be inhibited, incurring a -6 Speed penalty on the opponent for six posts. As per debuff stacking rules, this debuff can stack on itself, refreshing the post duration if it is applied again after the first successful blow.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Antlion's Maw
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Torquing the muscles in his legs, Sueatsu unleashes a powerful kick to the opponent's hip. A successful strike enflames the muscles in the pelvis and causes them to swell, placing pressure on the joints and tendons. This causes the full range of motion with the pelvis and hips to be inhibited, incurring a -6 Speed penalty on the opponent for six posts. As per debuff stacking rules, this debuff can stack on itself, refreshing the post duration if it is applied again after the first successful blow.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Whirlwind of Sand
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Torquing the muscles in his legs, Sueatsu leaps at his opponent a series of spinning kicks at his opponent, continuously rotating and using the centrifugal force to add more power to each subsequent kick. By momentarily kicking off of the ground before they're about to land, Sueatsu can continue his barrage of kicks while following the opponent so long as they are moving at a lower Speed than Sueatsu.

B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Sudden Sandstorm
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Momentarily torquing the muscles in his legs, Sueatsu suddenly launches himself forward into a tight multi-directional flip to generate powerful rotational force, instantly accelerating to his maximum Speed before driving into his opponent with a vicious double heel kick. If Sueatsu's Strength is equal to or greater than the opponent's Strength, the opponent's ribcage is crushed and the opponent is sent violently spinning and flying away a number of meters equal to the difference in their Strength stats.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Shadow
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Strength must be equal to or higher than Speed, Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Nomadic Trail.
Momentarily torquing the muscles in his legs, Sueatsu dashes straight toward the opponent, immediately accelerating to his maximum Speed, striking with a barrage of powerful kicks. After each kick, if the opponent is sent flying away from the opponent, Sueatsu switches legs and dashes over toward the opponent immediately at max Speed. Sueatsu can control how much physical stamina and chakra this technique uses based on the number of kicks he chooses to execute, but the technique will end immediately after using a kick in the air if he chooses to do so.
A-RankShow
Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Eyes of the Burrowed Serpent
Prerequisite(s): Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Eyes of Sunlight.
After years of training, Sueatsu has elevated his sense of sight beyond normal human capabilities. Sueatsu can now see even the finest details on any target within (Taijutsu x 5) meters of his position, so long as they are not obstructed by a physical or non-permeable barrier or obstacle. He is able to see up to half that distance clearly in near-absolute darkness or other non-favorable circumstances.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Trail of the Vulture Volt
Prerequisite(s): Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Decay.
After years of training, Sueatsuo has elevated his sense of smell beyond normal human capabilities. Sueatsu can now track even the tiniest differences in smell on any object or target within (Taijutsu x 5) meters of his position. This allows him to track a number of different things by smell, such as approaching projectiles or attacks based on olfactory changes in the air such as combusting or ionizing oxygen.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Paws of the Desert Fox
Prerequisite(s): Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Chill.
After years of training, Sueatsu has elevated his sense of touch beyond normal human capabilities. Sueatsu can now track even the tiniest differences in the air around him, accurately tracking any object or target within (Taijutsu x 5) meters of his position. This allows him to track a number of different things by touch, such as muscle contractions in the opponent's body, giving Sueatsu advance notice of the opponent's next move.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Phoenix Pinion
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body, 35 Speed.
Torquing the muscles in his legs, Sueatsu launches a continuous volley of alternating straight kicks, sweeping kicks, jump kicks, and spin kicks that cause excessive air friction around their legs, moving with his opponent after each kick. This air friction causes the kicks to glow red hot. Aside from the normal damage caused by these kicks, the target coming into contact with these kicks is suffers immediate third-degree burns upon contact and fourth-degree burns upon repeated contact by these kicks.

Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Desert Phoenix Hatchling
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body, 35 Strength.
Torquing the muscles in his legs, Sueatsu launches a volley of powerful kicks, causing such a large amount of air friction with each kick that a volley of superheated air pressure waves fly in the direction of each kick up to a number of meters away and at a Speed equal to Sueatsu's Strength. Aside from striking with 2/3 of Sueatsu's Strength, rounded down, each air pressure wave causes third-degree burns on contact and fourth-degree burns upon repeated contact.
S-RankShow
Sabaku Gensō Ryuu • Rebirth of the Desert Phoenix
S-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Heavenly Body, 50 Taijutsu, 50 Strength.
Charging for half a post, Sueatsu torques every single muscle in his body, causing the air around him to violently agitate. Then, leaping at his opponent with incredible speed and force up to a number of meters away equal to 4/5 of his Speed, rounded down, Sueatsu delivers a spinning drill kick into the opponent's torso, the air around him igniting in the shape of a Phoenix and exploding out afterward, striking with 4/5 his Strength, rounded down, and immediately covering an area around the kick for a number of meters equal to 4/5 his Speed, rounded down, and hitting with a Strength equal to 4/5 his Strength, rounded down . Should the kick land, if the average of the opponent's Strength and Stamina, rounded up, is lower than Sueatsu's Strength, every single bone in their body will be broken, every tendon severed and torn, and every organ severely damaged by the sheer force of the kick. The movement of this technique is so sudden that it constitutes the use one of the character's two teleportation uses per thread.

Art of Medicine
Arts of Medicine:
Arts of Medicine
This user has educated themselves in traditional medicine and is able to treat and care for wounds in methods taught to medicine men and doctors that don't utilize chakra.
Requires: [Medicine] and [Deft Hands] Concentrations
All Art of Medicine Techniques require both Taijutsu and Instinct stats equal to the requirements for the rank of the Technique.
A-RankShow
*[Medicinal Style • Anatomy]
One who has mastered this discipline has a near unparalleled comprehension of anatomy and physiology. They are able to locate even the smallest of veins in any person, regardless of variances in shape or size. This knowledge extends to chakra systems, nervous systems, and anything else. Much of this knowledge extends into the biology of non-human species as well, though with less precision. This discipline, combined with enough accuracy, can turn even the simplest of attacks into a fatal blow.

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”