[Plotboard]River In A Dry Land

Hanzo and Sakaki

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:51 am

The Sun was shining, the air was clear of sand, the wind was soft. The clouds that were stretched across the sky almost looked like wisps of smoke more than fluffy, full clumps of white cotton. Within Sunagakure, this was considered a a pleasant day as the Sun wasn't unbearable in regards to the heat that filled the village. Many people were out and about, but while most wore something to shade themselves from the ever present heat of the sun, another individual shrouded himself in a cloak for his own reasons.

Dark eyes shifted from one building to the next, until the shrouded figure came across the one he sought. Heading inside, he made for a stairway before ascending upwards until he passed through a door that granted him access to the roof. Instead of finding himself outside once more in the light of day, Ishikawa Hanzo stood within a greenhouse. Vibrant and full of life, the plants present within the long row like building. Taking a quick look around, Hanzo saw that he was the only person here and that meant he could carry out his mission while also doing something he'd planned ahead of time.

'So are you going to get naked now or later?' Janesisu broke the silence and he almost jumped out of his skin. Hanzo clutched his chest as he felt his heart rate spike from the sudden words spoken into his mind. 'I'm not getting naked, I'm just taking my cloak off without people gawking at me.' Hanzo thought instead of speaking aloud. He was still adjusting to the idea of thinking his words at the Genma as his hands slipped out from under his cloak and fiddled with the fastener. Loosening the poncho like cloak, Hanzo pulled it off his head and revealed his normal attire.

Standing shirtless with 'war paint' as he called it, the Genin set the article of clothing down on a nearby stool before walking over to a row of plants. He was actually here on a mission, having been assigned a simple D rank assignment to tend the greenhouses. He thought it a waste of his time, but Akihito said it was an excellent time to try and talk with Janesisu. This comment made the Genma give an amused remark that the Council member couldn't hear before Hanzo made it his real mission to learn how to use his creation abilities.

Standing beside the plants, he raised up his hands and looked at his palms. "Where do I even begin to train this kind of thing?" He asked himself aloud. 'Well you shinobi types usually form a bunch of silly hand seals, why not try that?' Hanzo rolled his eyes at the remark. "Sure, I'll just wiggle my fingers and make water droplets sprinkle onto the plants."

'I was thinking more of a nice series of statuettes that you could place in all those silly temples around the village, but that works I suppose. I think it might be too much to have you make perfect statues before you can even make dirt or water blossom into existence.' The Genin took a few deep breaths to try and keep from letting his impatience with the Genma get the better of him before he closed his eyes and tried to think about this quandary. The Genma's chakra was within him, it was mixing with his own. Maybe he could try to use that as a means of figuring out the next step.

Forming a series of hand seals, Hanzo focused on his chakra and that of the Genma. He tried to pull them out of his body, twisting them like a pretzel in his body before holding a hand out in front of him. As his hand hung there over the plants, he tried forcing the twisting chakra up from the core of his being, down his arm, and into his hand as his fingers curled closed. He tried to imagine water forming in his hand, droplets dripping between his fingers onto the plant. Hanzo forced his eyes open as he felt something in his hand, quickly turning his hand over and opening his palm with a smile.

His smile faded quickly as he had some kind of sandy slime in his hands instead of pure, drinkable water. As the slime slid off his hand, it made a sickening SPLAT! noise as it hit the planter that the vegetation was currently resting in. The voice in his head was whipped into a howl of laughter, he could picture the being kicking their legs and holding their sides at his mistake. His hand clenched shut on the slime and made a squelching noise which set Janesisu off even more. "Damn."
Last edited by Tsedas on Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red Buster Gaming Youtube ||| Red Buster Gaming Twitch
Takamori Saigo - Konohagakure Banin - [color=#93DDDB]
Takamori Jubei - Konohagakure Genin - [color=#8B658B]
Enkouten Hisone - Iwagakure Special Jounin - [color=#E87511]
Ryousei Genkaku - Sungakure Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Retired CharactersShow
Akira - Kirigakure - Special Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Ishikawa Hanzo - Sunagakure Genin - Jinch - [color=navajowhite]
Tenjirou Shigekuni - Sunagakure Chuunin - [color=fuchsia]
Itazura Bokun - Sunagakure B-Rank MN - [color=#00C1B5]
Kutsuzawa Retsu - Iwagakure Sp Jounin - [color=#EF6B00]
Shiimu Mirai - Kirigakure Bannin - [color=navajowhite]
Kojima Nao - Kumogakure -Genin - [color=#A0522D]
Matsudaira Tokoha - Sunagakure - Jounin - [color=#ED2939]
Ishiguro Nui - Kumogakure Chuunin - [color=brown]
Awai Mariko - Konohagakure Chuunin - [color=#B2397F]
Jinrai Setsuko - Kumogakure Chuunin - [color=#D60270]
Toukai Mukade - Kirigakure Chuunin - [color=#8B7765]

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:05 am

Sakaki had been a bit of a sleuth over the last few days after learning the name of the new jinchuuriki from her handler Souta. The moment she heard the new host had been sealed, she was more than just eager to find them; she was downright giddy. Finally, someone in the village that could share her problems, the only two people in Suna who truly understood the strain each other had to deal with... she had to find this 'Ishikawa Hanzo' immediately. And it only took a day or two to figure out he'd be on mission today, helping to support the Naegi's greenhouses.

So... what should I look for, Shishire? What are the qualities of Janesisu? While she had discussed the boy's name with Souta, and she knew of the genma, she didn't really know what to look for as she started walking through the sandy streets. Typically hosts of Janesisu are just as glamourous and flamboyant as the spirit herself, though personalities may differ. The host should have radiant, sparkling skin, and eyes like the night sky. Although, you could always use my powers to locate him. Remember Aturasu's host? She bore two souls entwined. This new host should appear similarly.

Clad in her most luxurious black Kimono, fine silk purchased with hard earned money, Sakaki nodded in affirmation of the Genma's plan to locate the new host with Shijutsu. In the middle of the streets the young woman flew through a handful of seals, funneling Shishire's power into her eyes to grant her the power to see souls. It was with that power that she scanned the rooftop greenhouses, taking a few minutes to check each one thoroughly. The onlookers were there of course, but few in the village were unaware of Sakaki's status as a Jinchuuriki after her promotion a few months ago. The festival was a big deal, and many people showed up if for nothing else than the free food.

After a few moments she found a particular greenhouse that was empty except for a single soul... no, wait. A closer look showed that, as Shishire stated, it was two souls in one body. "There you are..." she muttered to herself before entering the building and navigating her way to the roof, staring through the glass at the boy before he noticed her. Wow... his skin is beautiful, and those eyes... he looks awesome! Tch... I don't much care for Janesisu's flirtatious behavior. Her powers are worth much however. Sakaki nodded as her hands flew through a plethora of seals, gauging various aspects of Hanzo's soul; first his power level, and then his primary affinity, before add all of the acquired information to her collection.

Interesting... Doton Affinity, and pretty average for a genin. Not bad... and I can see Janesisu's power too, adding his chakra reserves. Time to introduce myself I suppose. With a smile she simply walked right in, her blackened eyes watching the boy as he held some wet sand in his hands. "Heh... don't worry. It gets easier." The boy's face paint was a bit strange, but who was she to criticize? The black bands on her wrists alongside her blackened eyes would quickly reveal her status, and if not that Janesisu would no doubt hear the voice of Shishire. It's been a while, Janesisu... Shihihihi...
jutsuShow
[Soul Vision]
B-Rank Shijutsu
A stronger variation of the [Soul Sight] technique, Sakaki performs a series of hand seals before funneling chakra into her eyes. With this more powerful version of the jutsu, Sakaki is able to see the souls of any target within 60 meters of her for the next 5 posts. This stronger version also allows her to sense the presence of a soul within 30 meters of her even if it is not in her field of view, able to pinpoint the location of anything with a soul within that range. However, she must still look at the soul in order to use follow up jutsu for thing such as evaluation or archival.

[Understanding of the Shinigami]
A-Ranked Shijutsu
Sakaki will perform a series of hand seals while one of her [Soul Sight] techniques or some variant of it are active, flooding her eyes with more of Shishire's chakra. In doing so, she grants herself the ability to see deeper into the soul of a target, and gain a much stronger understanding of their strength. This gives her an accurate assessment of a target's Strength, Control, Stamina and Speed stats. This lasts for 5 posts and allows her to see the stats of anyone within range of her current [Soul Sight] jutsu for the duration.

[Soul's Affinity]
D-Rank Shijutsu
Sakaki performs a series of hand seals, augmenting an already active variant of the Soul Sight jutsu with additional chakra. Using this jutsu, Sakaki enables herself to see a target's primary affinity, their wispy soul changing color based on whatever primary affinity they have. This jutsu only lasts for a single post.

[Collection of The Morrigan]
C-Rank Shijutsu
Prerequisite: 20 Instinct
Sakaki performs a series of hand seals, funneling some of her chakra into a target within range of her current variant of the Soul Sight Jutsu. In doing so, she commits details of that particular soul to her memory, adding the soul's information to an archive of souls. Doing so enables her to pick out archived souls amongst a crowd, put a name and face to the soul even if she cannot see them, and even recall previous information gathered about the subject such as previous sensory evaluations performed on the soul. This archiving lasts indefinitely.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:09 pm

Hanzo frowned at the slime like mixture on his hand before a voice made his head snap up and look in the direction of the new voice's source. Before his eyes stood a pale girl, probably close or equal in age to himself. Her skin was a stark contrast to the dark kimono wrapped around her body, but apart from that she seemed relatively normal. Flinging his hand a few times, he let the slop fall to the ground between the plants as he turned to face the girl. "What do you mean? Who are you?" He asked before a giggling in his mind almost made him ask what was so funny. However now that he faced her, she'd see that his paint went beyond just his face. Lines and patterns drawn across his sparkling skin as it shimmered under the sunlight.

'Oooooo, on a first name basis? So familiar Shishi, are you trying to make me blush in front of our hosts?' The voice in Hanzo's head spoke, but it wasn't directed at him it seems. "Shishi? Who is that?" Hanzo asked aloud without realizing. 'Shishi is the genma sealed inside that girl, I believe that cute young man mentioned her before.' Hanzo looked to the side as if he could see someone that wasn't there as they talked before turning back to Sakaki. "Sakaki?"

Hanzo looked at the other jinch as he asked this, waiting to see if they would confirm or deny this. He gave her a more thorough looking over as she seemed so... normal. He spotted something about her wrists, but he couldn't make it out without a closer inspection. Still, was she the other Genma Jinch that Souta talked about? Maybe she could give him some proper insight into how to use his new abilities, or even get Janesisu to shut the hell up once in a while. 'How rude! I give you such a wonderful gift, make you a shining example of one who can be so grossly incandescent and you want me to shut up!? Ugh! If you weren't so much fun to tease, I'd leave.'

"You can't leave, you're sealed inside me."

'I'm sure there is a way, I'm just too lazy to think of it.' The voice seemed to shift as if talking to Shishire again. 'So... what's a Genma like you doing in a girl like this? Did you wanna get sealed just so you could talk with little old me again?'

Retired CharactersShow

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:20 pm

While Sakaki smiled and giggled at her having caught the new Jinchuuriki off guard, Shishire groaned and fumed within her in regards to Janesisu's mannerisms. You very well know how I despise your ridiculous nicknames, Janesisu. We may be kin, but do not think I wouldn't tear your soul to pieces given the chance. I take no pleasure in these games you insist on playing. The genma's tone betrayed it's utter annoyance with the Creation Genma, and Sakaki couldn't help but chuckle at the fury of Shishire... for once it wasn't directed at her. "Hehe, don't worry Hanzo. Yes, I am Sakaki. I take it Souta told you about me? He told me about you after all."

She walked a little closer to Hanzo, standing now about 10 feet away from him. "Wow... I really love those eyes. How come you got all the cool stuff? Fancy skin, starry eyes... meanwhile i look like a prisoner with black sclerae. You totally got the better deal there... but you know, I like the benefits that come with Shishire. And Janesisu... i'm only a little familiar because of Souta but you can create something from nothing, is that right?" she posed her questions and observations, then sat back and listened to the boy respond to the beast within him. A small frown crossed her face as the genma clearly mentioned leaving or something to that effect.

"Well... technically it could leave. But only if you let it. And that isn't a good idea. Always remember that if the genma gets free, it means you're dead. If not by the village's hands, then by the genma itself. Heh, i'd be extra dead actually, Shishire would tear my soul apart." she laughed and scratched her head with minor embarrassment, as if this was just some simple conversation. The truth was, both as a shinobi and as the host to a being who controlled death itself, the topic of death was just another point of conversation for her.

Too true child, too true. However, she has proven... adequate Janesisu. My being sealed within her has become less of an infuriating reality and more of a minor inconvenience. The girl has become tolerable over our time together... Hopefully the sack of flesh that contains you will prove equally tolerable. The genma spoke through some kind of connection that seemed to exist between the genma, though their hosts would hear their respective genma's side of the conversation.
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:29 pm

'Awww, Shishi wants to tear me up. You keep talking like that in front of the children, and this might become too much for their impressionable young minds.' Janesisu cooed seductively at the Genma trapped within Sakaki. Hanzo got a rather befuddled expression on his face before looking at Sakaki as she confirmed who she was to him. "Souta mentioned you were the other host, he just didn't tell me what you looked like." The boy remarked before remarking on how cute Sakaki looked in his head as Janesisu sputtered and broke into peels of laughter. 'You know I heard that right? Oh goodness! Hanzo, you are so adorable!'

Hanzo flushed at the Genma's comment, then got a little more red as Sakaki complimented his appearance and he looked down, shifting his hand up to make it seem like his attention was focusing there. As she remarked on the abilities gifted by her Genma, she asked about his to which he could only think upon as he ran this thumb through the slimy substance that still lingered on his palm. "Yeah, I can make sludge out of thin air. Truly, I am a credit to this village." He said with no small amount of sarcasm towards his own inexperience on his newfound gift. Then Sakaki remarked that the Genma could leave if he let it, but he'd wind up dead and it seemed like more trouble than it's worth, much like Janesisu herself.

'You are wounding my pride little boy.' Hanzo scoffed at the comment. "You have pride? That's news to me." He said while Janesisu gave a scoff as he was looking at his palm once more before shifting his gaze to Sakaki. "My Genma already asked for the reigns to my body, but I turned her down. She's a passenger to me, she won't get to dictate what I do." 'You say that, but you are already being dictated by me. You just haven't realized it yet.' The Genma said in a sing song voice. Hanzo ignored it, thinking the Genma was just being a show off as he focused on Sakaki. "Although... I do have questions for you about this whole jinchuuriki thing. If you don't mind answering them for me that is."

Retired CharactersShow

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:01 pm

The genma within Sakaki merely grunted in annoyance at Janesisu's ramblings, paying little mind to the beast as even among genma, Shishire considered itself above and beyond it's kin. Meanwhile, Sakaki nodded in affirmation of Hanzo's observation as to her status as a host. "Indeed. The traits I inherited from the spirit within me are these black bands around my wrists, and the blackened sclerae as opposed to the white that most people have. Anything I reanimate also has blackened sclerae, so if you see something with black eyes, they're probably serving my will." Sakaki chuckled, but then got a little sad as Hanzo seemed down on himself for his inability to use Janesisu's power. Even though his face seemed to constantly convey anger or displeasure, she could tell by his tone he was being down on himself in a sarcastic way.

She closed her eyes a moment and took in a breath, shaking her head as she performed a small series of hand seals. Before Hanzo's eyes, a small blue light would appear on her now extended arm, before eventually taking the form of a hawk with blackened eyes. She had called forth the soul of a hawk from the desert, the creature now perched proudly on her arm and eyeing Hanzo intently. "It takes practice Hanzo. Just like any other skill. It took me weeks to learn how to do this, and this is basic Shijutsu - Soul Techniques. Think about when you learned how to do your first ninjutsu... It took time, didn't it? I know for me, it took me weeks to get the hang of the basic ninjutsu in the academy, and I was considered advanced! Rest easy, it'll come to you in time... But if there's one thing I've learned in my time with Shishire it's this; To get, you have to give."

She let the hawk fly over Hanzo's head with a screech, perching on one of the upper hanging bars of the greenhouse to watch the two of them. Hanzo had questions, of that she had no doubt, and luckily he wasn't too shy to say so. "Absolutely, that's part of why I came. I remember how lonely I felt when I first got sealed a few years back... I was only ten. I had Souta to help me through, but even he couldn't help me with the voice in my head. At night, when I went to bed, it was just me and Shishire all alone. I sought you out because out of everyone in the village Hanzo, we're the only two that are who we are. Akihito, Zao, Souta, they can all claim to understand, and their teachings in Tenkujutsu help them to know the nature of spirits... But they're not Jinchuuriki. They don't know what it's like... But I do. And I'll help you any way that I can." Sakaki smiled at the young starry eyed boy before her, taking only a brief moment to eye him up and down as she once again marveled at his skin.

Meanwhile, Shishire retched in her mind, knowing full well it wasn't just his skin she was looking at. His body was quite toned underneath that clothing, the boy's physical conditioning made him appear stronger than her lithe form even. She'd be lying if she said it didn't interest her... but why? Boys were icky... right? As a slight blush formed, she cleared her throat and tried to present herself more properly. "Ahem, fire away when ready Hanzo."
JutsuShow
[Lesser Soul Revival: Weak Hawk]
D-rank Shijutsu
Sakaki will do a series of hand seals and hold a hand out in front of her, tapping into Shishire's power. So long as hawks are indigenous to the climate Sakaki is in, the soul of a hawk will be summoned on her arm, assimilating it’s body with it. This is a standard wild hawk, not a shinobi pet, but will be willed to abide by Sakaki's will, meaning it will attack if needed, or act as a patrol. The hawk will remain revived for 5 posts, or until release. Its discernible as a resurrection by it’s black sclera. It’s stat distribution is;
Ninjutsu: 1
Taijutsu: 9
Genjutsu 1
Stamina: 8
Control: 1
Speed: 9
Strength: 7
Instinct: 4
Active Characters

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:24 pm

Hanzo looked into Sakaki's eyes and then at her wrists, noting the simplistic ways that her Genma influenced her physical person. He looked down at himself again before pondering if there was a way to hide the shiny aspect of his skin so he wasn't some glistening beacon in the sunlight, capable of blinding people around him. Motion caught his eyes and he watch Sakaki form some hand seals before conjuring a hawk from a ball of blue light. Hanzo blinked and stared blankly before his expression gradually evolved into one of awe. There was an outburst of giggling from Janesisu but Hanzo wrote it off as the Genma being herself.

Her words brought him back as he shut his gaping mouth and tried to compose himself after the display she put on. He listened to her words as she explained the gifts they have will take time to cultivate. Much like his original training, he had to practice his exploration into this new style of jutsu. Raising his hand up, he curled his fingers until his hand was balled up into a fist. "That's partially what I am trying to do today in the greenhouse. Practice how to make simple water. But this is admittedly my first attempt at trying to use this new power."

He focused his chakra once more, channeling it out from his core as he let it churn and gather. "Do you know anything about these forms that Souta mentioned to me? What are the extents of our powers? How do you keep your Genma for bugging the hell out of you when it talks so much?" Hanzo asked before there was a loud throat clearing noise in his head. As Hanzo tried to ignore the sound of the Genma in his head, he closed starry eyes to help improve his focus. "What can I expect from being a host?"

Hanzo felt the chakra pulling up from his core and sliding down his arm. He tried to imagine it as water flowing down a pipe before pouring out into his hand. The cool wetness began to pool in his palm before pouring out from his fingers and dripping onto the ground. Hanzo opened his eyes and blinked in surprise as he quickly shifted his hand over the plants and let the droplets drip out more quickly as water flourished from his hand.

Retired CharactersShow

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:02 pm

Sakaki nodded in understanding of the boy's plight, trying to practice his ability to form basic genma techniques was difficult when prying eyes were everywhere, especially those of the handlers. "Not to sound cheesy, but the first try it always going to be a failure, so keep at it Hanzo. You're sure to get the hang of it sooner or later. I've had to barter with Shishire a few times to make strides... Believe it or not I wasn't always this well dressed. Shishire takes pride in appearance, and wasn't willing to work with me when I was a... How did he put it? Oh, a 'filthy looking orphan girl', that's right. So I took most of my savings and went out to get this very outfit, put on perfume that smells of cherry blossoms, lotion, hair care products... I did it all to impress Shishire and show the genma I was willing to work with it. Just like Shishire, Janesisu is not your prisoner... you have to work together as partners. That means giving a little leeway, without losing yourself. It's a fine line to tread, and it's different for everyone. I'd start with a little respect, give it to get it yknow?"

She knew what she was saying was probably hard to understand for Hanzo. After all, these beings once ruled humanity, why should they give them any sort of leeway? But at the end of the day he would hopefully learn that without working with the genma inside him, he would never amount to anything. He couldn't let fear control him. The series of questions arose from him next and she scratched the back of her head as he mentioned the genma forms. "Well, I really can't say what your powers are, or what limits you have. But the forms are... well, they're part of gaining power from your genma. With each form you attain, you can draw upon more of Janesisu's powers. They're typically unlocked during, uh... moments of extreme duress. For example, my partner in the Scibres, Hizashi Rika, lost her arm on a mission... I was powerless to help her, and I guess that weakness pushed me over the edge into a form unlock. They're dangerous, as you can lose yourself in those moments if you aren't careful. It's tempting to just let go, to let the genma win... Don't do it. No matter what, remember who you are. Others may only see the genma spirit within you, but remember that you're human, and you're in control. It's your body."

Sakaki crossed her arms for a moment, and suddenly black chakra began to coalesce around her, forming a palpable aura of darkness around her. Her bright blue irides darkened to a stormy dark, dim blue as the first of Shishire's forms took full shape, a somewhat humanoid aura of transparent black chakra gathering around her. As she began to speak, Hanzo would note that her voice sounded twofold; her own voice being overlapped by a deep, dark, menacing male voice... The voice of Shishire. "You're in the 'base form' right now Hanzo. In my base form, I can do very little. The most I can do is see souls, and summon a few minor creatures like that hawk. In this form, I can physically damage a being's soul. This could range from numbness to paralysis, preventing the formation of chakra, and even death. It's handy, as you might imagine. I can also do this..."

Performing another series of hand seals with a grin, she would gather more chakra around her as another blue ball of light took shape in front of her. A moment later, the form of a black eyed cheetah would appear before Sakaki, standing between Hanzo and Sakaki as it eyed Hanzo. It appeared defensive, as it was clearly not a trained pet, but it would abide by Sakaki's will; and for now that meant sitting there and doing nothing, growling ever so slightly. "I can go further down the line of forms if you like, but as you can see, your physical appearance will change more and more as the forms go on. I've unlocked three forms so far, each one different from the last and granting more and more power. Shishire has told me there is one left... I'm terrified, if i'm being honest..." A brief moment of insecurity and fear crossed Sakaki's face, visible even through that layer of black chakra surrounding her.

"You can expect hardship, Hanzo. You can expect resistance. You can expect to be pushed past your limits again and again, broken and reformed as you take a shape you didn't think you could take. The voices? You'll get used to that eventually. At the end of it all you'll realize just how vulnerable you truly are, the genma have a way of worming their way through the folds of your mind and pulling out all the stops to cause you to lose control. But if you make it through Hanzo... You'll have the chance to make your mark in a way no other shinobi does. You, that spirit within you... Together you could do things most couldn't even dream of. The village will remember you as one of the greatest... But you have to make it through this first." It was a long winded reply, but it was nonetheless true; he would be tempered in the flames of Janesisu's wrath and machinations, and if he emerged from that flame whole, every soul in Suna would know his name.
JutsuShow
[Common Soul Revival: Cheetah]
C-Rank Shijutsu
Prerequisite: Form 1 or higher
Sakaki will do a series of hand seals and hold a hand out in front of her, tapping into Shishire's power. So long as Cheetahs are indigenous to the climate Sakaki is in, the soul of a Cheetah will be summoned in front of her, assimilating it’s body with it. This is a standard wild cheetah, not a shinobi pet, but will be willed to abide by Sakaki's will, meaning it will attack if needed, or act as a patrol. The cheetah will remain revived for 5 posts, or until release. Its discernible as a resurrection by it’s black sclera. It’s stat distribution is;
Ninjutsu: 1
Taijutsu: 10
Genjutsu 1
Stamina: 12
Control: 1
Speed: 20
Strength: 15
Instinct: 20
Active Characters

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:27 pm

Hanzo let the last of the water drip from his hand as he frowned, his brow pulling together as he heard what the other spirit had called Sakaki. Shishire seemed like a dick the more he heard about him. Selfish, self-centered, and narcissistic all seemed to be the things that popped into his mind as he listened to the other host speak. 'My, my, my... seems like you've got a strong opinion there little boy. Although I think you're pretty spot on when it comes to describing Shishi.' Janesisu's words cared an amused smile to them. Hanzo shifted his eyes to Sakaki as he thought she deserved someone to be a better 'friend' than that thing inside of her.

As she went on to describe the forms to him, her visage changed and her voice sounded like two people speaking at once. Turning his body more to face hers while his hand dripped dry over the plants, he let his gaze wander over the haze of chakra around her body that took on some form of the spirit within her. As she went on to explain their 'base forms' and what advancing could do for their abilities, he closed his eyes and shook his head. "There has to be something someone can do to make themselves advance these forms beyond being traumatized or experiencing such pain. It just seems like such a dark way to give something up for power. If there is a dark path, there has to be a lighter path." Hanzo shifted his wet hand and casually point at Sakaki's heart. "If that thing is the Genma of death, it'd be powerless without life." Placing the same hand over his own heart, he continued. "If this is creation, then it's bound for destruction. So if duress and pain bring out forms, there has to be a counter balance to that path. Have you tried looking for solutions down that road?"

Hanzo asked as his eyes met with Sakaki's dark gaze. His eyes were hard to read, but it was easy to tell he didn't like the idea of almost needing a death wish for himself or others to draw out this power. '.... I didn't take you for such an idealist.' The words were strangely solemn for the normally jovial Genma in his head. Still there was a soft noise of amusement a few moments later before it's voice seemed to speak towards Shishire. 'This has been an entertaining host Shishi, I hope you have the same amusement out of yours.' "I don't see how idealism has anything to do with what I said. Everything has a balance in this world. You can't give without taking. You can't have good without evil. It's not idealism to think that there is another solution to the problem. You just have to look for it."

Realizing he was talking aloud again, he waved a hand to try and wave off the topic. "I think what you have said on forms is enough to satisfy my curiosity for now. I'll truly worry about it when I reach the point that I'll need to figure out if one can be unlocked or not. I'm more curious about learning to use my powers really." Hanzo looked to the cheetah that Sakaki had conjured and pondered if her soul abilities were any different from summoning techniques or if they worked like clone techniques. Maybe they had their own unique way of working. His only elemental affinity was wind, maybe if he could try doing something with wind, he could make it work in his favor when trying to understand this creation ability. 'Maybe that's why I made wet sand. I don't understand how to use suiton techniques... but how would that make this any different than regular suiton? Can I even make wind with this ability? Fire? What are my limits?'

'The sky is the limit little boy. You just need to discover this 'path' of yours.' The voice chuckled before Hanzo rolled his eyes. "So how long did you say you were a host for? I can't recall if Souta said it or if it was you. But you're already up to this third 'form' you said, so you must have a much better grasp on this jinch thing than I ever will."

Retired CharactersShow

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:03 pm

Sakaki, still consumed by the aura of Shishire, considered the new host's idea of looking for an alternative. And truth be told no, she had never considered that... But then again she never really tried to unlock those forms. "Well I didn't exactly go out of my way to attain this power. It just sort of happened, a result of various hardships I encountered. You see, one of the first things I tried to do was resurrect my mother to speak to her... I'm an orphan. Mother made love to a man who's no longer in the picture, and she died in childbirth. Whoever he is, if he's still alive, he doesn't know who I am. When I called out to my mother's soul I brought her forth, and she said she hated me... despised me... blamed me for her death... I don't remember much past that, but Souta said I passed out after losing my mind and accessing the first of Shishire's forms."

Sakaki shrugged and a moment later Shishire's aura left her, the girl returning to her normal appearance once more. "If there's one thing I've learned as a host Hanzo, it's that there's more than one way to skin a cat. Nothing is accomplished without trying. If you think it's worth a shot, walk whatever path you wish Hanzo. Just you know... be careful." Sakaki did a couple short seals and snapped her fingers, causing the hawk from before on the bar above them to fade away. Meanwhile she took a seat on the cheetah's back, making herself comfortable despite the creature's clear annoyance. This child serves a purpose, Janesisu. As do you and everything else in this world. And that purpose, as it has always been, is mine. Provided my interests are met, the mortal can tap into my powers... to an extent. Shishire, as always, had no sense of humor and felt no amusement in relation to the situation he found himself in. But he was at least content with things, finding that he got to pull some strings as long as he was in the girl and not a pot.

Sakaki continued speaking on the forms as he mentioned his powers, herself knowing full well the forms were the key to learning to really use his powers. "For now working with the base form's abilities is best yes... But you'll soon find that you can only do so much. The higher form you attain, the more power you access, and the more things you can do. in my Second form, I can reanimate human beings, and in the third form I can manipulate souls as opposed to simply hurting them. I'm not even quite sure what that means yet myself!" Sakaki chuckled a little to herself, finding it rather funny that even now there was still so much about being Shishire's host that she didn't know. Perhaps that would humble her a little; she was senior to Hanzo, but she still had a lot to learn. "I've been a host for three years now. Like I said, I was sealed when I was 10, and i'm 13 now... going on 14 soon actually. Pretty crazy. And I have a better grasp on the jinchuuriki thing for now Hanzo. Give it time, like I said. In fact, perhaps one day soon we'll go do some practice together. I'll show you what Shijutsu can really do, and i'll help you deal with Janesisu as best I can. We'll get you up to snuff, promise."

As she spoke, she decided to get up from the cheetah and perform a few more seals, snapping her fingers as the beast faded into the aether once more. She approached Hanzo with a hand extended in a shake, a smile on her face as she aimed to finally make their meeting and friendship official.
Active Characters

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:20 pm

Hanzo watched as she spoke of the hardships she endured to obtain her forms. As the aura of chakra dissipated and she snapped her fingers, he glanced up and watched the hawk vanish before she sat upon the cheetah. As she spoke of her forms and her abilities, he had to really think on that simple series of statements. She so casually remarked on reanimating the dead, to possibly having the ability to manipulate the souls of others. "Sounds like you're getting used to using the dead to do your bidding. I don't really know you that well.... but I think the person who might need to be careful about losing themself to the beast might be closer to your side of things. I suppose you'll be looking out for me as much as I'll be looking out for you."

Hanzo watched her stand and dismiss the cheetah before extending her hand to him. He reached out and grasped her hand, giving it a firm shake. "We might need to cooperate with them, but that doesn't mean we'll lose sight of who we really are. Right?" The genin asked the girl before him. Despite the fact they were about the same age it seemed, she was definitely stronger than him. He frowned internally, but let a soft smile cross his lips. He wasn't in control of his life in this moment and it was bugging him beyond belief. He didn't like that he was unable to come up with a plan easily on how to handle this situation, but for now he needed to use baby steps.

'Pretty as she is, I think she's giving into the beast too much. She used her savings to play dress up, changed her entire lifestyle, and seems to be just a little jaded.' 'Are you two gonna make out soon or will you deny your feelings for a bit?' Hanzo got a rather bewildered look on his face and felt a warm in his cheeks as he reflexively said "Shut up! Oh! Not you! The genma!" He quickly blurted out in rapid succession as he tried to get Janesisu to stop laughing in his head.

Retired CharactersShow

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:37 pm

Sakaki grinned at Hanzo as his worry became apparent, but Sakaki shook her head with a giggle. "I admit, the feeling that comes with this power... It feels really good Hanzo. I'd be surprised if you didn't feel the same later on, being able to create things from thin air. Shishire's power over death is quite useful yes, but as I explained to Akihito during my Chuunin promotion... I'm not Shishire. I am Izanami, Sakaki, Loyal sunagakure shinobi. No matter what happens or what changes I go through as I become closer to the genma and unlock it's full power, that at least will not ever change. That said... the unbiased opinion of my new friend would also be valuable in making sure I don't drift too far. So thanks for having my back."

Sakaki gave a small wink at the starry eyed jinchuuriki, another giggle punctuating her little speech. All the while, Shishire groans of annoyance could be heard in her mind. Ugh... Child, is there a method to this madness? A point to this meeting? You test my patience... Sakaki was about to respond to the genma within her, but suddenly the young host in front of her grew red in the face and had a verbal outburst. Given the random nature of the outburst she could only assume he was yelling at the genma, which she laughed at as he confirmed with no small amount of embarrassment. "Hahaha, No worries Hanzo. I can tell you that you will change in some ways. It... sort of goes with the territory of having a creature of such immense power in your mind every minute of every day. You'll find yourself questioning yourself sometimes, but in the end as long as you remember who you are inside you'll be okay. After all, just like me, you're Ishikawa Hanzo; loyal Sunagakure shinobi... right?"

She got an accusatory look on her face as she eyed Hanzo suspiciously for a moment, as if looking to see where his loyalties truly lay... But after a moment, once again she laughed. "Haha, i'm only teasing. You'll find humor to be an excellent escape from the stress, and destressing is obviously very important. I'd recommend a hobby if you don't already have one. And of course, if you are one guided by Her Light, that too is something to keep you on your path. Find strength in that devotion." She didn't dare mention that she herself was no longer one guided by Her Light, having lost her faith after the horrors she witnessed in that village 'bathed by Her Light'... having gone down a darker road. He didn't need to know that right now, and as long as he took solace in Yuumagure who was she to argue with him?
Active Characters

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:25 pm

Hanzo shuddered as he tried to imagine himself acting like the Genma sealed inside him. it was a horrifying mental image. "I think if I start acting like the genma, I'd have to slap myself for it. I really don't wanna be a womanizer." 'Womanizer? Aren't you a little young to be knowing such things?" Hanzo rolled his eyes at the genma before focusing his chakra again, letting it seep up form his core as he tried to make something again. He bent his arm at the elbow and closed his fingers into a fist as he focused on the palm of his hand.

As she question his loyalty, he almost broke his focus before she laughed, breaking out of her accusatory ruse. He smiled and looked back down at his hand. "I... my only hobby is saving money for a place of my own. I prefer to be self-reliant..." Hanzo glanced up at her for a moment before shifting his gaze back to his hand as it glowed with an aura of white chakra. "Not to say I won't ask for help or depend on others, I just hate asking people to do something I know I can do for myself. Honestly, I never thought about hobbies before now. Did you have a hobby?" He asked as he closed his eyes and focused all his attention now. He had an image in his head, something he wanted to make. Janesisu seemed to make a thoughtful noise as she observed his actions before he felt like like a string was tugging in the back of his mind.

'Almost, but you are merely thinking of it as a stone. Think of the radiance. The sparkle. The richness of color. You're just picturing a painted rock right now.' Hanzo wanted to tell the genma to shut up, but it's words seemed to warp the image in his head. It was like waving away a haze and pulling back the veil of a memory of something he had seen once. It was a rock to him back then, but today it was a precious jewel. As the chakra faded from his hand, his eyes slowly pushed open. Relaxing his fingers, they uncurled to reveal a small gem shaped like a magatama. The stone itself sparkled with a lustrous green hue that was unmistakable as that of jade.

Holding the magatama up, he blinked a few times as he held it between his fingers before looking to Sakaki. Shifting his arm out, he offered the ornamental stone to her. "Something to mark our first meeting." He said with a smile, having glimpsed a method that might help him to handle his new ability. If he couldn't just picture it, he would pull it from his own memories. And if he needed help, hopefully he could turn to the pale girl before him in time.

Retired CharactersShow

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:03 am

The Soul Jinchuuriki quirked an eyebrow as Hanzo mentioned the possibility of being a womanizer... It hadn't really dawned on her what kind of personality the genma within Hanzo would have. Apparently, that personality was 'flirtatious'. "A womanizer huh? Well, perhaps I should be a touch more guarded around you, for fear of losing my body to your good looks and wicked charms." She wasn't necessarily being sarcastic, but she was clearly poking fun at Hanzo, covering her mouth with a giggle after making her quip. Suddenly the boy turned her own question on herself, and she paused a moment...

"Huh... I guess not really? I mean, I do read a lot, part of being one of the Scribes of the Sand. But like you, I've been saving money for a long time. I have dreams... I want to travel the world and see what lies beyond our desert. I don't need a big fancy house, a small apartment will suffice, but I want to see the snow i've read about, and the ocean, and the giant forests. I just want to see something that isn't sand for once... Being a genma host, that's kind of difficult." She scratched her head as her dreams were laid bare, but she was proud of them, if not also a little embarrassed by her enthusiasm for what she considered to be a simple goal.

"Akihito is letting me go to Konoha soon though. He said once I attained Shishire's Third form he would let me and a couple of shinobi go to Konoha as cultural envoys. So my dream isn't unattainable at least." Suddenly, in the midst of her talking, the girl went quiet as she noticed Hanzo was focusing on something. No doubt he was trying to use Janesisu's powers, that white chakra surging around his hands was a telltale sign of it. Slowly but surely an object of about the size of his palm began to take a crescent shape, and before long it'd take full shape as a Magatama. "Wow... it's beautiful. That power..."

Sakaki was admittedly shocked that, even as a newly sealed jinchuuriki, he was capable of creating something so fascinating out of thin air. It wasn't Doton or any sort of elemental creation, nor was it a replication of the Crystal Clan's jutsu despite being made of jade. No, it was an average, ordinary Magatama one would find being sold at a store... And he offered it to her as a gift, a look of surprised pleasure crossing her face. "Hehe, thank you. I'll be sure to wear it often. I'd give you something but, uh, mine aren't really permanent like yours. Still, i'll treasure this, and keep it as a reminder of how you got started Hanzo."

Sakaki looked up to the sky for a moment, remembering Shishire's words... No, there hadn't really been a 'point' to this, but she definitely wanted to help Hanzo come along as a jinchuuriki. If she could save him from hitting the same bumps that she did, she'd consider it a blessing. "I'll leave you to your mission, but if you have the time, come by Miss Miami's Orphanage on the west side of the village. That's where I live, i'd love to hang out with you some more. And if you want to train sometime, I'd be happy to help you with your advancement as a Jinchuuriki. But I uh, have something I have to do tonight... Preparations to make." Sakaki began to walk towards the door that lead out of the greenhouse, turning back around to bow once more to Hanzo.

"Have a pleasant day Hanzo. And good luck making water!" Sakaki smiled and turned back to the door, leaving him to his devices. Bah... as always, Janesisu continues to irritate me. And of course you insist on getting close to her newest container... Well of course... After all, it irritates you. I don't have many ways of getting back at you. Shishire groaned in response, while Sakaki could only giggle as she hopped down the side of the building to the streets below.
Active Characters

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”