[Closed] Bound Souls

Tydie & Aes Sedai only

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:10 pm

Truth & Consequences
Souta hated it, but he hadn't seen Sakaki in a couple of weeks at least. Starting with Kiyori's coronation as the new Kazekage, his life had suddenly become busy. His rank had demanded it, as had his role with Henrin Sachiko. But things seemed to finally be settling down and so today he went to check in on Sakaki. The girl had something big planned that night and originally it was Kouseki Rokuro who was slated to go with her, but Souta had chosen instead to surprise him with his own presence. Of course Rokuro, as well as Kaede, would both still be there, just in the shadows with Souta taking point with Sakaki herself.

He knocked on the door twice, quietly, as he had been warned by Miss Miami before for knocking so late, and pushed the door open. He stepped into the entryway and simply cleared his throat, glancing around. It was getting late, and the other kids were probably in bed. He saw Miss Miami reading in the living room and gave her a short nod of recognition before turning for the hallway towards Sakaki's room.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by TyDie » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:38 pm

Miss Miami was indeed reading her book in her chair, as per the norm when she decompressed from the day, but as she heard the knock on the door she looked up from her book and narrowed her eyes as Souta entered the room. "Hey, I've got a bone to pick with you mister. You broke your promise." Clearly Miss Miami wasn't one to mince words or beat around the bush; how could she afford to be with so many children running around? She was still proper and composed, but she clearly had some negative feelings in regards to Souta right now.

"I specifically told you that I didn't want them to know, especially Sakaki, and she's the first one you told! My goodness Souta, it was so embarrassing when she let it slip. She hasn't looked at me the same way since." While she was clearly being playful about the situation, as most of the actual fallout had already blown over, there was still some part of her that was truly upset about it, and at the least wanted an apology.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:43 pm

Souta cringed visibly as he heard Miss Miami speak up. In the hallway he paused a moment before turning to face her, coming back to the living room and leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed. "I didn't intend for her to rat us out to all of them... I was trying to teach her a lesson, and kinda shut her up." He cringed again when he realized how bad that sounded, reaching back to rub the back of his neck a moment. "She was begging me for a tattoo you see... tried to tell me that you wouldn't have to know so I said it for shock value."

He took a couple of steps towards her and knelt down beside her chair, carefully resting a hand on her knee. "I am sorry about that. I wasn't thinking." he said, though his eyes sparkled mischievously. "I could... make it up to you after we get back?" he asked, eyeing the woman a moment as he wondered if he was about to get slapped instead.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by TyDie » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:18 pm

Miss Miami shook her head and let out a sigh, turning her head to watch him from the chair as he stopped outside of the hallway towards Sakaki's room. "No, only she knows. She was good about keeping it from the others. At least someone can keep a secret." She shot him a glare before raising an eyebrow as he approached her, and dropped her jaw slightly at the mention of a tattoo. "Goodness... Tattoos? How strange an interest for her, at so young. Is it... that thing's influence you think?" She didn't bother going much further with that, but her face clearly told Souta that she wasn't fond of the idea.

As he went on, Miss Miami gave him a surprised look, shocked by his audacity to flirt with her after what he did... He was lucky she liked that kind of confidence. "Heh... More promises huh? You better keep this one, or i'll be really mad." She finally rolled her eyes and went back to her book, motioning for him to return to his duty. "Sakaki is back there, though i'm not sure what she's doing... She's been pretty reclusive lately." It was cleary Miss Miami was concerned, but she had to give the girl some privacy; it was one of the things she was instructed to do after all, to keep her and the genma somewhat happy.

Meanwhile, back in her room, Sakaki was actually in the middle of a prayer to Lord Jashin, on her knees in front of a small makeshift altar with two black candles lit around a circle with a triangle in it; the symbol of Jashin. In the middle of this triangle sat a raggedy doll bearing the appearance of an older woman with long, black hair. As Souta knocked on her door, Sakaki rose from her kneeling position, a bit confused at the intrusion; she had asked Miss Miami for privacy tonight, given what she was going to do. She would quickly blow out the candles and take her materials, sliding them under her bed in a small black box before speaking. "Come in." As Souta entered her room, her face lit up with enthusiasm and she jumped up from her bed, wrapping her arms around his neck in a hug.

"Yay! What've you been doing Souta? I know you've been busy, cus I had to deal with Rokuro... he's mean. The kids don't like him very much and Miss Miami says he has to wait outside while she gets me for him." In her haste to put stuff away, she had left out the doll on her nightstand...
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:23 pm

When Miss Miami didn't slap him for his flirtation, Souta considered pressing his luck for a kiss but after a brief moment he thought even he didn't have that kind of luck. Choosing to take her smile as a good sign, he started moving back towards the bedroom. "That might be my fault, I know my replacement the last couple weeks isn't easy to deal with." He said before he got too far down the hall. When he got to the correct door of course he knocked and waited, he knew better than to barge into a girl's room after all. But as the door opened and Sakaki was clearly happy to see him the older man couldn't help a grin.

"Well the new Kazekage has been keeping us Bannin pretty busy... but when Kaede told me what was planned for tonight I thought I should rescue you from Rokuro's glower for a night." he replied, chuckling. "Yeah he's a rough one... I don't remember if I told you but Sachiko is most of the reason why he is the way he is. When she lost control she damaged him in a couple attacks severely. Not just the crystal sticking out of him, but the mask too. Beneath it his has a pretty deforming scar, caused by Shishire's power. He's a little over sensitive about it." he remarked, turning his head as he saw the doll on her nightstand.

"Is that to represent your mother or someone else?"

TyDie

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by TyDie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:01 am

Sakaki broke from the hug and looked up at Souta, the smile on her face slowly fading as he mentioned what she intended to do tonight. "Oh, so you already know huh? It's been the opposite for us Scribes, Kiyori has been so busy she hasn't really had time to work with us. Well, that's good actually. You're right, I'd rather have you here than Rokuro... but Shishire caused him to be that way?" the genma reacted to her words with a snort. Was I supposed to just let him imprison me again? I think not child. Sakaki, on the other hand, thought about what she might be able to do to hell Rokuro... perhaps if Shishire caused it, his power could fix it too.

Sakaki looked to the table as he mentioned the doll she left out, and with an embarrassed chuckle she walked over to the table to grab it. "Uh, yeah... Since you already know i'm calling my mother forth again, I was offering a prayer to Jashin." Souta, if he looked closer, would see a few drops of blood on the doll, no doubt Sakaki's. And as she retrieved the small black box to stow the doll away, Souta would have a chance to see her candles and the metal symbol of Jashin. "This time will be different. I don't care about her, but I do care about what she knows. And she's going to tell me what I want to know."

Her voice turned darker as she looked out her window to the moon, a crescent, hanging in the sky amidst the stars. No, this time would definitely be different. Sakaki's mother had lashed out at her last time, but she would obey her this time... she wouldn't have a choice when Sakaki was done.
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by Willoria » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:31 am

Souta nodded in answer to Sakaki's question before he expounded on it. "His face was disfigured badly enough that the mask is necessary for him to breath. His own Shouton jutsu was blown back into him, embedding it in his skin. It's granted him access to an interesting new ability but also seems to have rendered him unable to feel. That's why, when you raised Sachiko, I had to react so harshly when he tried to intervene. Stopping him isn't as simple as it is for most. He can't feel pain and so can push through attacks that others cannot." Souta chuckled a bit, shaking his head. "Also can't feel hot and cold, or sweat. Sometimes its funny, but honestly I'm surprised he hasn't quit as a shinobi yet."

The older man couldn't help frowning a bit however as he saw the candles, the symbol, and even Sakaki's blood. He sighed, shaking his head briefly. "I won't tell you not to worship Jashin but... be careful about the blood, Sakaki." he told her, looking at her a moment. "You're host to Shishire, your blood contains secrets no other living person's does. You don't want to see what happens if the wrong person gets their hands on that." He couldn't help frowning as he spoke, in truth he hated what she had turned to for her comfort, but unless it threatened the village or herself overtly, he couldn't do anything.

"Let's get going. Rokuro is scouting ahead, and Kaede isn't far. Everything should be ready."

TyDie

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by TyDie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:39 pm

Truth be told, Rokuro's story stuck a cord with Sakaki... she suddenly understood why he was so bitter, why he had tried to kill her that day when she went into her third form. "Wow... I think I'd be upset too if that happened to me. He probably stays to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else... that or he holds grudges as well as Shishire." she giggled for a moment while she gathered her belongings, nodding to Souta as she prepared. "I'm ready, let me just say bye to Miss Miami." Unlike before, Sakaki had no special materials on her. No, at this point, her power was more than enough to accomplish her goals. Ritualistic paraphenalia wasn't required.

Leaving her room and passing by Souta, Sakaki approached Miss Miami as she read, delivering a hug as she got close enough. "I'm off to take care of some spooky business Miss Miami!" Sakaki spoke with an unnatural cheer in her voice for what was easily a strange subject, but Miss Miami had grown used to her new mannerisms. "Yes yes, you have a date with death, as you so gently put it the other day. Just remember to-" "Be Careful. I know, you tell me every day. I'll be okay, promise." Miss Miami smiled at the young jinch as she finished her sentence happy that the words had sunk in to that extent.

Once Souta had said his goodbyes too, they would leave through the front door out in to desert night.
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by Willoria » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:08 pm

"...probably a bit of both." Souta muttered, wondering how pissed Rokuro would be to hear himself compared to the very spirit he detested so much. But the subject passed and Souta wandered out of the room with Sakaki. He trailed behind, letting her say her good byes before he turned to Miss Miami. "She'll be safe." he assured her. "Rokuro and Kaede will already be there by time we get there... and Rok himself is on a leash." he added with a wink and a chuckle. He'd heard how Miss Miami had reacted to the man in her home and the rules about him lurking around. In all honesty it made him laugh, Souta wasn't sure he'd seen any woman strike fear into that boy's heart the way Miss Miami had somehow managed to. Considering his experiences with Shishire, that was certainly saying something as well.

Once he'd said his goodbye to the woman, a simple brush of his hand against her shoulder, he left the home as well behind Sakaki. The two had a fair walk ahead of them but it wouldn't take much time, more than once Souta seemed to tilt his head as if listening. He didn't give it away but he and the team were using speak and listen fuuin more often now. As Sakaki's power had grown they had decided it would be a useful tool in case a quick response became necessary. Plus it helped keep Rokuro from overreacting in Souta's opinion.

Once they got out to the same location as the first time, Souta took a deep breath and glanced around. "Well, we're ready Sakaki." he told her. "You alright?"

TyDie

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by TyDie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:03 pm

As the duo walked through the night, Sakaki ruminated on what was to come... while the walk between them was eerily silent, the girl's mind was running over a variety of questions with no real answers. 'What if this doesn't work? What if i'm still not ready? What if my answers aren't what I wanted?' and various other questions. So overcome with distress... Not a good place for a genma host to be mentally, is it child? Fret not, this will all work out. The genma was surprisingly supportive of this endeavor... and Sakaki wasn't sure if she liked that or not. But soon enough, they arrived at the same open training area they had been at before, obscured from general view by palm trees and rocks. It was secretive enough for her, and with the handlers keeping the area clear of civilians, it would suffice.

With a deep breath to steady herself, Sakaki turned to Souta and nodded. "Yeah, I'm okay. First, a gift Souta. This won't hurt at all." Sakaki took in a deep breath as she flowed through a series of seals, the genma's aura building around her as she assumed her second form. Her legs began to crack like glass while her very aura seemed to blacken the night even more around her, and the telltale horns that extended along the backs of her jawbone took shape. Her eyes, as always, dimmed in color to a dark blue, and her voice began to overlap with the genma's. Once she was completed with her seals, she would reach out to touch Souta. And if he allowed her too, he would suddenly be gifted with sight he had never before had... He would be able to see Sakaki's soul, as well as Shishire's black soul, flitting about within her body.

"There. You should be able to see souls now. Which will enable you to be the witness to what transpires tonight." Sakaki's took in a deep breath as she put her hands together in the Tiger seal, then stared at Souta. "Are you ready?" He had asked her, but she wasn't sure he was prepared, given the new sight she had bestowed upon him and the nature of how this went the first time she tried to call forth the soul of her mother.
JutsuShow
[Communal Soul Vision]
B-Rank Shijutsu
A variant of her own [Soul Vision] jutsu, Sakaki will perform a series of hand seals before placing her hands on a target, flooding Shishire's chakra into that target. The target in question will then have the ability to see and sense souls for the next 5 posts, seeing them up to 60 meters away and sensing them passively up to 30 meters away for the duration.
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by Willoria » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Souta gave Sakaki an odd look as she mentioned a gift, but he didn't move nor try to stop her as she performed her jutsu. He was more than a little surprised when the technique took effect and he could see both souls with Sakaki. Blinking rapidly he glanced around and realized he could also see both Rokuro and Kaede. "Holy shit, Sakaki..." he said, shaking his head. 'Is this what she sees? Why the hell do we even try to hide from her?' Souta blinked a few times, looking at Sakaki as he realized she had asked him a question and he finally nodded.

"Yeah, we're ready, Sakaki." he told her, swallowing hard as he fell silent, waiting to see what would happen next. For some reason he had a sinking feeling about it all, but he pushed it aside, telling himself it was just fear left from her first attempt at this.

TyDie

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by TyDie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:19 pm

Sakaki smiled at Souta as he marveled at the ability she had bestowed upon him, looking towards his comrades in the shadows no doubt. She had never explained before that she had no issues noticing the man's subordinates, their souls stuck out like sore thumbs. In fact, she had already added their power levels and skillsets to her archive, and was well aware of what they were capable of. In fact, as she flew through another set of hand seals, Sakaki would flow that same chakra through her own eyes, granting her the ability to see souls as well. "Great, now that that has all been done... I can start." Once more, Sakaki's body began to glow with power as she closed her eyes...

The shroud around her thickened once more to the point where it was physically tangible, with a consistency like some unknown, smooth fabric, even smoother than silk. The cracks of her legs stretched farther up her body, encompassing her abdomen, while her blue irides vanished completely, leaving black pits devoid of detail for eyes. Her skin would grow even paler than normal, as if she herself had become a ghost, while her wrists seemed to completely disappear, leaving her detached hands floating with nothing connecting them to her arms, though they moved along with her arms like normal. And of course, the horns that grew from her jaw elongated more, taking an appearance similar to wings. This was the third form, the one she had accessed only a month or so ago, and she would need it's power to do what she intended on doing tonight.

"There. That's better." Her voice deepened even further, having grown closer to Shishire's voice than ever before. Finally releasing the Tiger Seal, she weaved a series of seals effortlessly, flowing from one to the next in perfect time, her hands forming a blur as her blackened eyes narrowed on a location 5 meters in front of her and Souta. From that point, Souta but not his comrades would see the veil thin before his very eyes, a light greenish blue haze filling the space before him as Sakaki's will tore open a gateway to death itself. His eyes would behold countless souls, while Sakaki let out a deep breath and closed her eyes, reaching out a hand to the other side while pulling back slowly, with a sort of flowing motion, almost like a puppeteer pulling on their strings. She was drawing a soul forth from the other side...
JutsuShow
[Soul Vision]
B-Rank Shijutsu
A stronger variation of the [Soul Sight] technique, Sakaki performs a series of hand seals before funneling chakra into her eyes. With this more powerful version of the jutsu, Sakaki is able to see the souls of any target within 60 meters of her for the next 5 posts. This stronger version also allows her to sense the presence of a soul within 30 meters of her even if it is not in her field of view, able to pinpoint the location of anything with a soul within that range. However, she must still look at the soul in order to use follow up jutsu for thing such as evaluation or archival.
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by Willoria » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:28 pm

"Am I the only one thinking this doesn't look at all like it did last time?"

"No. I think its pretty clear last time was a trick by Shishire."

Souta swallowed hard as he heard his companions talk. "Agreed. This is the real thing tonight." he said quietly, doing his best not to wreck Sakaki's concentration.

"Souta-Sama, what are you seeing?"

Souta shook his head briefly, forgetting for a moment that in the dark they probably wouldn't see the motion. "Uh... I don't think I could describe it." he replied, watching everything unfold before him. He wanted to be awe of it, but seeing Shishire's power so vividly was honestly nauseating. He felt ill, despite not being the strictest follower of Yuumagure, he reached up a hand to touch his forehead, his lips, and then to the sky briefly before his hands fell at his sides once more.

TyDie

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by TyDie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:41 pm

Sakaki's ears registered the sound of Souta's voice, but so lost was she in this ritual she was performing that the words themselves were lost to her. He couldn't break her focus so easily, it'd take bodily movement to jar her from this. Her eyes closed, that simple hand motion slowly evolved into something almost like a dance, the girl 'reeling' the soul in whilst slowly twirling her body, pulling on the soul within this realm of death with each pivot she made, while each movement brought her closer and closer to the veil. Before long Souta would begin to see a strange 'cord' of soul energy leak from the veil, a silver cord that is often said to connect one's soul to their body should their soul ever leave, such as an out of body experience. The moment that cord protruded from the veil, Sakaki's eyes opened.

In an instant her left hand shot out and grabbed hold of the cord.

It struggled, just as a fish hooked on the line would struggle, but Sakaki's will was far greater than a simple civilian's soul. It was effortless for her to perform the same pivots backwards, performing this strange dance in reverse as the soul was drawn effortlessly from the void. Once the soul was among them, Souta would begin to see human qualities, the most notable being long hair and a distinctly female shape. The blue soul, the ghost of Sakaki's mother, had broken through. Finally the veil would close, and the soul would be trapped for the time being in the land of the living. It seemed shock, scared, and confused... But as it beheld Sakaki and Souta, it tilted it's head in confusion. "...You." The soul raised it's hand to the young jinchuuriki...

But Sakaki was already in the midst of a lengthy set of hand seals.

"I know. You don't want to be here. That's fine, I don't really want you here. But unlike last time, you will obey me." The soul, once again, tilted it's head in confusion. "...Last... Time?" The woman, whoever this was, seemed genuinely confused, but it also seemed to know Sakaki. "Are you... My... Dau-" "Shut up." Her voice held a deep, ominous, commanding tone to it, and a moment later her hand seals completed. A black wisp of chakra broke away from her aura with incredible speed, crossing the short 5 meter distance between her and the soul of her mother in the blink of an eye.

The poor woman was not even close to being capable of resisting Sakaki's will... In an instant the black chakra permeated the soul and Sakaki's mother let loose a cry of pain as the blue color of the soul began to mix with the black of Sakaki's chakra. Before long the entire soul was blackened by her chakra. "There... Not so tough now, are you 'mom'? All your yelling and anger, blaming me for your death... You can't so much as utter a word without my say so now. How does that feel?" The sadistic side of Sakaki, fed by Shishire's joy, was coming out full force... she was a cat, playing with the mouse, before the inevitable end came. Her mother was permitted to speak, and she uttered only two words...

"...It hurts..."
JutsuShow
[Domination of Apophis]
S-Rank Shijutsu
Prerequisite: Form 3 or Higher
Sakaki will perform a series of hand seals, sending out a wisp of hazy black chakra towards any target within 50 meters of her, at a speed of 35. She can maintain control of this wisp with unerring accuracy as long as she maintains the final hand seals, and releasing the seal will cause it to fly in a straight line in whatever direction it was headed at the time she released the seal. Should this wisp make contact with a target, this chakra will exert her influence over that target's soul if their control is less than her (mastery/control)/2. A target who fails this stat check will be bound to Sakaki's will for the next 5 posts, forced to follow her orders. Sakaki cannot force the target to kill themselves, though she can force them to fight others to the best of their ability. However, should the target's instinct exceed 35, they will retain enough presence of mind to allow them some small degree of control, enough that they may leave glaring weaknesses or openings in their defense for their allies.
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by Willoria » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:54 pm

Souta had gone from feeling sick to honestly feeling straight up uncomfortable. The way Sakaki spoke, the things she was saying, it wasn't like her at all. In truth he hated the way she was speaking, the way she tormented the soul before her. He wanted to tell her as much, to remind her that no matter how much one person has hurt her, causing them pain in return would never help her. But he knew now was not the time for lessons, it was the time for watching and waiting. The lesson would have to wait, and for all he knew, he might have lost that argument with her already as she had converted to Jashinism. Instead all he could do was frown as he watched the display before him. "Why does that voice seem familiar?" he wondered aloud however.

"What is it, Souta-Sama? Do you know the soul she conjured?"

"Not likely, its probably nothing."

"The way she's talking, I hope you don't know her. Are you certain she's in control, Souta? She doesn't sound right."

Souta couldn't help rolling his eyes. "She's fine for now, Rok." he replied. "The further in forms she goes, the closer to Shishire she is. I get that that terrifies you, but its normal. This is still her in control, remember what out of control looks like."

"..."

TyDie

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by TyDie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:19 pm

Sakaki grew a sinister smile as the soul before her was subjected before her power. For a brief moment, she thought to humiliate her as she had been humiliated... To hurt her, the way she had hurt Sakaki. So do it... What's stopping you, child? She did you wrong... exact your vengance. Sakaki's grin grew as her black orbs gazed at the soul in suffering, but eventually she shook her head and spoke aloud to Shishire. "...No Shishire. Maybe I will hurt her later, but I'm on a mission... I intend to receive my answer" Sakaki's grin turned serious for a moment as she looked back to Souta, her eyes bottomless pits, before turning her gaze back to the soul. She walked towards it, then walked around it, eyeing her up and down like a wolf circling it's kill.

"You, woman... You are the only person who can tell me for certain the answer to my question. There were so few records filed, so first your name. Now." The soul turned to face her, emotionless, and answered. "Hotsuki, Akagane." Sakaki nodded in understanding of the name, sure to file that away for later. "That's good... my jutsu works. You're unable to resist answering my questions... Luckily for you, I really don't care to speak to you much longer... I only have one more." Sakaki rounded her way back around the spirit, her back to Souta as she asked the question that had burned within her mind.

"My Father. Who is he?"

The spirit lowered it's head to the ground for a moment in deep thought, but then it's head rose to look at Sakaki... No, it looked beyond her. It looked to Souta, and with a single ghostly finger, it pointed at the gray haired bannin. "...Him." There was a long silence, a stillness that filled the air, the calm before the storm so to speak. Sakaki had frozen solid. All of her grandstanding, all of her sadism and the joy she took in subjugating her mother's soul, all of that flew from her mind the moment she pointed to Souta. ...What. The word broke the silence, like the sound of shattering glass, as she demanded the soul to speak. "...Meiyo, Souta."

So it wasn't a mistake. Sakaki's eye twitched, her breath caught in her chest. Are you so surprised, child? I've known all along, you know. Your souls, they are too similar for coincidence. It was simply not my place to tell you the truth. But he, this man who would be your murderer... Your own father, willing to strike you down. What kind of father is that? He sat back and watched you, treated you like a student and not a daughter. He knew all along, you know he did. Once more, that eerie silence filled the air unless broken by Souta, but Sakaki would hear nothing... she was lost in her mind.

On the outside, her body was already changing... Her entire head was completely encompassed by the genma's chakra as it slowly grew around her, reaching an intensity far beyond anything Souta had seen before. Her hair seemed to vanish within the cloak, as did her mouth, completely and totally covered up by Shishire's aura. The thickness of the aura grew to such power that it literally cascaded down her back, forming something akin to a cape or cloak. The shattered pattern grew all the way up to her chest, and her very figure turned thin and gaunt, as if she herself was skeletal. Very little of her true form was visible now through the thickness of the aura of Shishire. The horns on her head grew to over a foot each, and finally she turned her head to reveal her full visage... wide eyed and full of rage she stared through Souta... she stared into his soul.

"You. Knew."
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by Willoria » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:50 pm

As the spirit spoke her name, Souta blinked a moment. "Akagane... why is that name familiar?" he asked himself, confused as he tried to piece it together. But try as he might, he just couldn't place it. Souta lifted his eyes to Sakaki once more, just as the spirit pointed to him. He felt himself root to the spot, frozen as Sakaki got the spirit to expound on what she'd already said, and she outright stated his name. Souta stared in shock at the spirit, at first completely unaware of the changes Sakaki was going through, and certainly unaware of what Shishire was feeding her in terms of his lies.

"SOUTA!"

Souta flinched as he tried to snap out of it, looking around wildly at first before his eyes settled on Sakaki and realized what was happening. "Shit." He muttered, swallowing hard as Sakaki rounded on him. "Sakaki, I had no idea." he told her immediately, eyes wide as he felt a multitude of emotions collide within him at once. When he had first met her, she was simply the host of Shishire to him. Over time she became a friend, through her he had met Miami, he had met the other orphans and taken on a role as their teacher. He was her sensei, and in more ways than one he had found a life he thought he had lost through her.

When she had rounded on him, Souta had brought his hands up in front of himself, ready to act if he must, but as these things all rang through his mind, his hands dropped to his side and he straightened. "Sakaki, I swear to you, I didn't know." he said in a calmer voice, reaching up a hand to run through his hair as he took a step towards her. "Please, I..." the large man cleared his throat as it all came flooding in.

In her, and in this moment, he really had found all he had lost.

TyDie

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by TyDie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:03 pm

Sakaki finally turned her full body to face the man, the power emanating from her so great that debris and sand was being pushed away from her as she stood, motionless, staring into him. His words fell on deaf ears, her eyes narrowed, and she began to slowly step towards him, all the while forming hand seals. "Liar. LIAR! LIAR!!" she shouted at the top of her lungs as her aura suddenly flowed with Shishire's chakra, and a moment later her hands were coated with thick, black chakra. It wouldn't kill him immediately, but it would render him powerless against her if she touched him. Much like before, she would dash forward, murder in her eyes as she reached out to touch his stomach, his legs, his arms... She would render him totally paralyzed if she had her way, leaving him on the ground.

And then, after all that, she would reach into her ninja pouch for a kunai, raising it high above her head. "STOP LYING TO ME!!!" She'd aim to plunge the blade into his chest if she wasn't stopped.
JutsuShow
[Frigid Embrace of Hel]
B-Rank Shijutsu
Prerequisite: Form 1 or higher
Sakaki will perform a series of hand seals, funneling chakra within her hands to allow her to damage a target's soul. For the next three posts, Should Sakaki's strike impact a target, the area surrounding the point of contact will become completely paralyzed for 3 posts. Repeated strikes in the same area refresh the duration of paralysis
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by Willoria » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:23 pm

Souta shook his head as she approached, barely taking a step back. "Sakaki, I didn't know, I swear!" He could hear himself saying it, but it was almost as if he wasn't even in his own body. The shock of knowing who she was had flooded him, he never even raised his hands as she came at him. Her attacks each struck true, even as Kaede and Rokuro could be heard swearing in the trees.

They descended upon the scene, Kaede skidding to Souta's side as the blade bit deep and blood flew. Rokuro didn't stop however, the man slammed into Sakaki as he straight up tackled her to the ground. Shoving a knee into her chest, he kept her pinned and drew his sword, holding the sharpened blade against her throat. Some part of him wanted to push, to end it here, but he also knew Souta would be angry with him when he came to. He only applied enough pressure for the smallest cut, just enough for the blade to take its effect. "Get a hold of yourself!" he yelled through his mask, eyes wide as he stared down at her. "Do you have any idea what you just did?!" Swallowing hard, Rokuro spared a glance back to where he could see Kaede kneeling beside Souta who laid prone, her hands on his chest and the glow of green chakra emanating from her hands. "How is he?!"

"There's a lot of blood!" Kaede called back, her voice wavering as she spoke. "Come on, Souta..." she muttered, clearing her throat.

Rokuro was growling as he turned his eyes back on Sakaki. "I swear on the Light herself, if he dies, so do you." he snarled.

TyDie

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by TyDie » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:29 pm

Sakaki had removed the blade and was about to plunge it into his chest again and again and again, but the sudden force of Rokuro took her by complete surprise, and she was no where near prepared for dealing with the man's restraint. She thrashed and flailed, screaming with rage and pain, as tears suddenly began to fall down her cheeks... But as the man's blade bit into her neck, though she didn't register the pain, her chakra certainly felt it's power. The corrupted power of the blade sapped away Shishire's chakra almost entirely, all of the power she had suddenly tapped into seemed gone in an instant. Damn these handlers! I was almost free... The genma cursed in her mind, though Sakaki hardly noticed.

As the man's blade sapped away her power, the girl fell out of the Fourth Form all at once. Her eyes and body returned entirely to normal, and she had just enough time to look at Souta's bleeding body, and Kaede was working to save his life... had she killed him? She looked up at Rokuro, his barking more like a faded whisper in her mind... and a moment later her eyes fluttered shut, and with a sigh she was out like a light.
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Bound Souls

Post by Willoria » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:37 pm

"She's out." Rokuro growled after the girl's eyes fluttered closed. He lifted his blade from her neck and sheathed it, checking her pulse with two fingers to ensure she was alright before he took his knee from her chest and turned to the other two. He moved over to Souta's side, kneeling opposite of Kaede as he looked down at the man. His eyes were open, staring up at the sky though he didn't move or speak. "Is he aware?" he asked, his breath catching in his throat as he looked at Kaede's hands. Blood seeped between the fingers, running down either side of Souta's torso. "...is he going to make it?"

Kaede didn't even look up, keeping the flow of chakra going into Souta's wound. "He's aware." she said quietly. "Just paralyzed... though he'll probably pass out soon." she admitted, glancing at Rokuro as a tear snaked its way down her cheek. "I think he'll be alright. I can do enough to get him home, but he needs more. He has to get straight to a hospital." she glanced towards Sakaki's still form and nodded towards the girl. "So does she."

Rokuro let out a sharp breath in a huff, shaking his head. "What she needs is a cell. They can care for her there." he said, standing up. "When you're done, you carry her, and I'll carry him."

"A cell? Rokuro she-"

"Souta is down, Kaede. It's my team now. My decision."

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”