What Spirits Fear

Kabu, Kat

Kabu

What Spirits Fear

Post by Kabu » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 pm

How to Kill a Spirit Rika was incredibly eager to get her Tenkujutsu training underway but unfortunately it seemed that some degree of preparations had been needed to be made first and so she had headed to the library, checking out a few books in relations to spirits before heading to the training grounds as instructed, having felt it best to learn more about the things that she was going to be learning to fight against. After all, there was no use in fighting something that you knew nothing at all about... plus she had been exceptionally curious and now was the perfect opportunity to satisfy that curiosity.

Upon arriving at the training grounds she took a seat on a nearby bench and pulled one of her books out of her bag, legs crossed as she began seriously studying the book's contents, some part of her hoping to be given enough time to at least get some introductory understanding of what she was dealing with before her instructor arrived and the training truly began in earnest.

Still though... even with that in mind, hopefully he wouldn't be keeping her waiting too long. She truly was ready to begin.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

What Spirits Fear

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:09 am

Honestly Souta wasn't entirely surprised to find Rika already there and reading a book on the subject she had begged him to help her with. If it were Sakaki he wouldn't have suspected such preparedness, but Rika seemed to be far more studious than the host of Shishire. 'Ironic.' He arrived with his usual appearance and gear, as well as an extra bag that clearly held some kind of lunch bento boxes. He set them down next to the bench that Rika already occupied and paused for a glance at the gook the girl was reading.

"What don't you start by telling me what you've learned from your research already?" He asked, taking a seat beside her. He knew for a fact that there was only so much she could find in the books, having tried to do the very same research himself not too long ago. Kiyori had taken him to the Vault's secret archives to help him, it was only then that he felt he'd learned anything substantive. He wasn't sure Rika would have access to such things yet, and so waited to see what her answer might be.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

What Spirits Fear

Post by Kabu » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:26 pm

Rika looked over at Souta as he sat next to her and shook her head, resisting the urge to sigh as she closed the book she had been reading. Despite her best efforts her attempt at research had been a nearly fruitless endeavor. It was pretty disappointing really. "Honestly, not much more than I already knew, that spirits are seen as otherworldly beings composed almost entirely of pure chakra and that according to old legends they came to our world through an event known as the cataclysm, which itself gave rise to chakra in our world." she responded to his questioning. "I did however learn that for some reason most spirits seem to have an inherent fear of Tenkujutsu and its practitioners. It's pretty amusing to think about but I feel like I could have figured that out on my own given enough time." she added as a bit of an afterthought, once again resisting the urge to sigh.

"Honestly it feels incredibly disheartening to have learned so very little." she suddenly said, her disappointment at her own perceived failure very clear in her tone and expression as she frowned and looked down at her lap. "I wish there was more I could have done."

Despite her words, some part of her knew that there had to be something she was missing. She would have to ask Kiyori if maybe there were some books secretly stashed away out of the public eye, whenever she actually got a moment to do so, though somehow she doubted the woman would actually tell her anything, at least not yet, the thought causing her to finally let out a sigh.

Oh well, perhaps she would be provided with some kind of answers during today's training.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

What Spirits Fear

Post by Willoria » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 am

Souta couldn't help a chuckle as Rika expressed her disappointment and simply shook his head. "There's nothing you could have done to change your results, Rika." he assured her. "There are more resources, but such things even I didn't have access to as a Genma Handler, and was only cleared to read and see them when I became a Bannin. It's a subject that is highly secretive in any village, and so it is important to know how to study the legends and the rumors, to see what you glean from them by reading between the lines, and so I asked you to do your research first. You've done rather well actually, so don't be so hard on yourself." he told her, smiling a bit as he stood up and stretched before he began to pace.

"Here in our village we have two Genma Hosts. One of them you know, and you already know that the spirit in her is one of the most dangerous in our world. The other is nicknamed the Creation Genma and, just as it may sound, he can make anything out of nothing. His traits make him seem more personable and less dangerous than the Soul Genma, but trust me, he's just as powerful in his own ways." He paused and looked at Rika a moment, channeling chakra through his hands before he held them up in front of him and closed them into fists. "Every handler has their own way." he told her, letting her see the maroon chakra covering his hands. "For me its something less used, its Taijutsu. I can hit a host and literally knock them out of a form. This can be useful for a host going into a form unlock, or an enemy trying to go into form against us."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

What Spirits Fear

Post by Kabu » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:09 am

Almost as if on instinct, Rika frowned at the mention of there being a host to a Genma that could create anything out of nothing. Well that simply wasn't fair... and what did it mean for all of her own hard work? Surely there had to be limits to such an ability, but what if there weren't? Was she going to be upstaged as a creator? Was one of the hings she took pride in about to taken away from her?

No, this was no time to be spiralling. She would have to find out who this host was and meet him for herself later but for now she was here for a reason. There was work to be done, techniques to be learned.

Chasing those thoughts away for the time being she focused on Souta's words, tilting her head curiously as maroon chakra covered his hands. "Our own methods, huh?" she muttered, channeling a tiny amount of chakra, just enough for a set of very short strings to emerge from her fingertips for a moment before fading, smiling at the idea that had come to her. It was honestly a fascinating thought, the possibility of combining tenkujutsu with her puppetry techniques just as Souta combined it with Taijutsu and she had to assume that if one were skilled enough it could even be combined with Genjutsu as well. "I never realized that Tenkujutsu would have realized that Tenkujutsu could have so many different usages. Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, and I'm feeling it can even be used with Genjutsu as well. It certainly seems like the variety of uses can work to keep even the most experienced of hosts on their toes." she said, suddenly remembering something that she had once been told some years back when her training had just barely begun.

"But before we start delving into other uses and individuality, there are surely essentials to be learned. Techniques that any user of Tenkujutsu should know."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

What Spirits Fear

Post by Willoria » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:37 am

Souta couldn't help a smirk as he saw the emotions that crossed Rika's face. Her fears of being surpassed as a creator were as obvious on her face as words on a page, but Souta didn't remark on them. He merely let her mentally work her way through them, to get to the question she certainly wanted to ask of him. "As far as I know it could be worked into anything." he remarked, noticing the strings she briefly formed and nodding. "Perhaps even puppetry." he admitted, silently wondering what sort of techniques Rika might come up with on her own. As he grew in age, he had grown to find the ingenuity of the younger generation to be fascinating, and Rika was no exception. She seemed to excel as a puppeteer of her rank, and he was curious to see what Tenkujutsu might add to her arsenal. "If you want to know more about Genjutsu, I'm afraid Rokuro is more well versed in such things than I am, though I know his demeanor is... off-putting, at best. And while I'm good at Ninjutsu that is mostly due to my rank and experience, a true expert would be someone like Kaede who could easily go over theories with you any day."

Souta nodded as Rika's questions turned to specific techniques and he held up a hand as a 'wait', going over to a bag he had set down previously and taking something out. "I brought something minor to practice on." he remarked, chuckling to himself as he brought what seemed to be a small jar over to set on the ground at Rika's feet. "This jar is infused with a spirit, it is called a tsukimogami technically, though what use it has I'm not sure. Anything you drop into it simply disappears, never to be found again. We won't be using it like that though, we just need a test subject, and there are very few I could just bring to a training ground like this." Souta chuckled, remembering the conniption fit that Akihito had had at him asking to remove even such a useless object.

Souta performed a few hand seals and rest his hand against the jar, causing his hand to glow maroon. "This is a simple C rank technique called Flare. It allows you to see if something is imbued with a spirit. If your hand glows maroon, it is. There are no D rank techniques for things even as simple as this are considered complex."
Jutsu UsedShow
*Shizumeru • [Flare]
C-rank Tenkujutsu (Nin)
Pre-Requisite: Sensory Concentration
After preforming the necessary hand seals the user will then place his palm against a target. If the target is imbued with the power of a spirit their hand will visibly flare up with Maroon chakra.

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”