Big Bang Theory

Hanzo's Lonely Thread

Tsedas

Big Bang Theory

Post by Tsedas » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:44 pm

Book 1
Chapter 1: Shimmering Sand
Nebulous eyes watched as grains of sand trickled between sparkling fingers in the quiet mid afternoon Sun. It was almost relaxing, letting his mind push away all distractions both external and internal as he scooped up another handful of sand and watched the grains slip through his fingers. He had little precious 'alone time' save for these trance like moments when he could tune out everything, so he was savoring the state of zen that it brought to him before at long last, the chittering in his mind started to break through.

With a heavy sigh, Hanzo let his hand drop as he turned his eyes skyward. "What do you want that you can't let me have a full five minutes of peace and quiet?" He asked no one in particular, at least no one visible to any onlookers. "You do realize you've been doing that longer than five minutes right? I distinctly recall you mentioned you'd be training or some such today anyway. I would rather watch you learn to harness my previous gifts than turn your hand into some lame hour glass or sand waterfall over and over again. The hell is so fun about that anyway?"

"It's not meant to be fun, it's meant to be relaxing. It lets me block out the world and it helps drown out your voice.... How long have I been doing the whole 'zen' thing anyway?" Hanzo asked as he stood up and started dusting himself off. He walked over and grabbed his hooded poncho, throwing it on to hide his shimmering skin as he glanced around for any onlookers that might have noticed him. He wasn't ashamed of being a jinchuuriki, but he didn't like the whole bedazzled look that went with it.

"I generously let you do your little sand scooping for about half an hour." Janesisu sounded almost pleased with herself as if she'd done something good that was worthy of praise. Hanzo quirked an eyebrow at that proclamation however as he hadn't expected to be left alone so long by the spirit. "Why do you keep trying all these meditation things anyway? Seems like you could be putting your time to better use, no?"

"Well I have to have some way to keep you out of my head when I want some peace and quiet. I swear it's like you can't help yourself and have to be the center of my attention. Bad enough I can't leave you at the door when I go to take a bath." Hanzo muttered with a hint of irritability to his tone before the sound of something crashing made him jump as his hand instinctively drew Tsuribari, his short sword, from it's sheath as he took a defensive stance. The giggling of amusement from the Genma made Hanzo relax as he knew the sound was there doing... somehow.

"My, my, my, you sure are jumpy. Relax, I got bored and started breaking things to pass the time. I guess you didn't notice until now, huh?" The voice in his head enlightened him before there was another loud crash. "The hell is that noise?" Hanzo asked, sheathing his weapon as he scanned his surroundings to see if anyone was openly watching him or doing a poor job of hiding themselves. It seemed clear, but he knew there were eyes on him, what with the village keeping tabs on him and all.

"In the short time we've been together, you've yet to set foot inside. Maybe they haven't shown you the way? Maybe your new friend didn't mention it? Perhaps you never thought to ask? Doesn't matter, what matters is that you learn that I'm not some tag along. I'm a gift and you should be most grateful for what I've given you. Mayhaps, your meditation would be better put to use in trying to turn your attention inward and having a face to face with me. Instead of blocking me out, maybe try letting me in." The voice spoke, drawing a muddled expression across Hanzo's features which the spirit giggled at again. "Try it, close your eyes, take some breaths, and step inside."

Hanzo was confused as there seemed to be the sound of a door shutting somewhere and he was certain it wasn't possible given the disctinct lack of doors around him. Sitting back down on the sand, the young jinchuuriki relaxed his body before closing his eyes and taking his breaths. He continued breathing and allowing himself to wander but as he did, he focused his thoughts instead of blocking them out. It felt like floating through water, his body sluggish and hard to move. When his eyes opened again, it was because of some change in the light.

Spread out before him was a vast sea of white under a sky comprised of every color of twilight. Purples, blues, and reds bleeding into each other in perfect unison. It took Hanzo a moment to realize he was standing on clouds, the wispy forms shifting about him as he notced a solitary set of wooden double doors some ways before him. His eyes scanned the horizon in all directions and he was utterly alone save those doors. Cautiously he approached, one hand raising up before pushing the doors open.

Slowly they swung, giving way to what lie beyond. A large courtyard unlike anything he'd seen before. Lightning seemed to careen down into the center of the courtyard, frozen in time and casting a blue light about the place. Surrounding the bolt, a garden of violet flower that reminded him of the lavender he gifted Sakaki. Past the garden, the courtyard seemed to be nothing but water, the smell of salty sea water filling the air as the greenish blue water seemed just as frozen in its ebb and flow as the lightning bolt.

He was drawn from his observations by another loud crash as he spun around to face the source of the noise. There he saw broken pieces of vases scattered about and a figured dressed all too similarly to himself with a hooded poncho holding a stick. The figure shifted their hand out and performed some gestures before sand whirled up and gave form to another vase. "Wow, you made it faster than I thought."

"The hell is this place? Who are you?" Hanzo asked as he watched them take some kind of stance and swing their stick while yelling "FORE!" before smashing the vase into pieces as its pieces went flying. The figured leaned against the stick as they turned to face the Genin. He couldn't see their features beneath the hood, but it was too striking a similarity to be anyone but himself. "Say my name."

"What?" Hanzo seemed perplexed by the sudden statement but the being before him found it amusing another. Gesturing to him, they repeated themselves before he realized what was going on. "Janesisu" He replied before they nodded. Reaching up, they pushed back their hood and revealed a face, one that made Hanzo tilt his head in confusion. It looked like him only.... feminine?

"You may be cute, but I prefer curves on myself. I took some liberties. Now then, I think it's time we had ourselves a chat." Janesisu said, her voice matching the female form better than it would have an exact copy of Hanzo. The two of them stood there, the Genma apparently wishing a word with her new host.

Red Buster Gaming Youtube ||| Red Buster Gaming Twitch
Takamori Saigo - Konohagakure Banin - [color=#93DDDB]
Takamori Jubei - Konohagakure Genin - [color=#8B658B]
Enkouten Hisone - Iwagakure Special Jounin - [color=#E87511]
Ryousei Genkaku - Sungakure Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Retired CharactersShow
Akira - Kirigakure - Special Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Ishikawa Hanzo - Sunagakure Genin - Jinch - [color=navajowhite]
Tenjirou Shigekuni - Sunagakure Chuunin - [color=fuchsia]
Itazura Bokun - Sunagakure B-Rank MN - [color=#00C1B5]
Kutsuzawa Retsu - Iwagakure Sp Jounin - [color=#EF6B00]
Shiimu Mirai - Kirigakure Bannin - [color=navajowhite]
Kojima Nao - Kumogakure -Genin - [color=#A0522D]
Matsudaira Tokoha - Sunagakure - Jounin - [color=#ED2939]
Ishiguro Nui - Kumogakure Chuunin - [color=brown]
Awai Mariko - Konohagakure Chuunin - [color=#B2397F]
Jinrai Setsuko - Kumogakure Chuunin - [color=#D60270]
Toukai Mukade - Kirigakure Chuunin - [color=#8B7765]

Tsedas

Big Bang Theory

Post by Tsedas » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:41 am

Book 1
Chapter 2: Shattered Reflections
Hanzo stood in a state of surprise, flabbergasted and without words as he blinked and looked the female version of him a few times before settling on the same starry eyes this other him had. Her lips parted into a grin as she flashed him a bright white smile. "You seem surprised, did you not expect me to take some kind of physical form for our talks?" Janesisu teased as she ran her hands over herself, her arms disappearing under the poncho before she winked at him when they reached chest level. "I'm reaching everything you're wearing too, so it's interesting not wearing a shirt under this."

Hanzo felt a heat creep up on his cheeks but he shook his head as he was getting bamboozled by the genma wearing an altered version of his own skin. "Why do you look like me though? Why not yourself? I saw you that night, your true form. The cloudy body with the red orb in it's center." Janesisu giggled to herself before flinging her stick away as it dissolved into diamonds that got lost among the purple flowers behind her. With a flick of her wrist, a wall shifted and rearranged as the ground rumbled. A moment later, part of the wall dissolved away into nothing more than an open archway that led into a room that connected to the courtyard. Janesisu curled a finger at Hanzo in the 'come hither' fashion before she made her way into the room.

Hanzo followed, frowning as she hadn't answered him yet. Stepping through the archway, he saw the room was set up like a booth in a restaurant. Benches made of fine oak, soft cushions set atop the wood to make it comfortable to rest oneself upon. The table between the seats was set with golden cups and silver platters, food was steaming as if it had just arrived from the kitchen. "Sit with me Hanzo, we shall talk over a warm meal together."

Janesisu took her place on one side of the table and gestured to Hanzo to take the other. After a moment of hesitation, Hanzo looked from the bench to Janesisu before resigning himself to attempting communication with the genma. "You still haven't answered my questions."

"I took this form because it was my decision to make, not yours. Do you take a form that I want you to take? No. Should I force you to do something you don't want to do? Well... I probably could, but I am not an unagreeable being. Besides, I figured talking to yourself would be much easier." Janesisu reached out and picked up a pair of chop sticks before taking a bite of what appeared to be chicken katsu. Looking down, Hanzo saw he had the same meal in front of him. A whole cutlet of chicken fried and cut into strips atop a bed of white rice, the cutlet and rice drizzled beautifully with katsu sauce and some kind of spicy mayo that he always had a fondness for. She was catering to his tastes with this meal, he could see it. Shifting his gaze to the drink, it looked very much like the flavored lemonade his grandmother used to make for him as a boy. He still secretly wanted her to make it for him.

"So... what did you wish to talk about? You wanted me to step 'inside' as you called it, so what now?" Hanzo asked, picking up his chop sticks as well. If he was to be here and have this talk, he might as well see what this genma could conjure from his memories and experiences accurately. Picking up a piece of chicken and some rice, he popped it into his mouth and chewed, stopping after only a few moments. He stared at Janesisu as she looked up from her plate and tilted her head. Reaching over, she picked something up and held it out to him. It was a napkin, and he reached out to take it before looking back at her. "You're crying, sugar."

Hanzo dabbed at his face and checked the napkin only to find it wet. He quickly dried his features and looked at her with a more stern expression as she waved it off. "Don't give me that, I took every memopry of the best of this meal and those lemonade drinks and combined them into the best possible form. I thought it would be a nice treat for you my lovely, handsome host." She smiled at him with a wink before taking a sip of her lemonade. Hanzo swallowed and looked at the katsu, wondering if he would ever be able to fully enjoy it back in reality after tasting this memory jumbled version. Instead he raised his head and looked to her, ready to question her again but she lowered her cup and cleared her throat.

"You seem to have developed a wrong idea about this relationship. You're not my first host, not is your friend Sakaki the first host of Shishire. Unlike Mr Grumpy over there in your friend, I'm much more cooperative when it comes to sharing knowledge about the gift I've given you. You treat me like a burden, but I am a blessing. You think me a tool, I'm a partner. You need to grasp these fundamental facts before this can go any further. You call me genma like I'm something to be despised... and yet your village seals use regularly into people that suit their needs for playing host to our abilities. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna be forth coming with everything you'll be able to do, but at the same time I withhold information because you're not ready yet. I've been through enough hosts to see when and where the best time to divulge my secrets. This is a partnership, not a master and slave one. I'm not your tool, I'm not your burden, I'm not your slave. Think of me as one and you'll find my abilities all the more difficult to use. Shishire Might be good to have such a rebellious streak with, but not me. Cooperation does wonders, and you get to reap all the rewards."

Janesisu gave Hanzo a coy smirk as she leaned forward and stared into his eyes, their whorling galaxy gazes locked upon one another. The young host stared at her and pondered if she was being forthright with him. Was she trying to make him lower his guard? He'd heard how hosts could be taken over by their genma if they weren't careful. "How do I know this isn't a trick to try and take control?"

Janesisu shrugged as she sat upright and merely smiled at him. "Trust, like love, is all about giving someone the power to hurt you.... and hoping they they don't. So, do we have a deal? You agree to see me for what I truely am, and in exchange I will whisper sweet secrets into your ears about how to use the gifts I've given?" Janesisu extended a hand over the table and held it there, waiting to see if Hanzo would shake the offered appendage. He stared at her for a long moment before shifting his gaze to her hand, his mind buzzing with questions and no answers. He played through worst case scenarios but in the end he could only think one thing; What did he truly have to lose by taking a cautious step forward in building some kind of rapport with the gen-no, Janesisu?

Hanzo raised his hand and slowly moved it forward before heaving a huge sigh of commitment to his decision and took the female version of him by the hand, giving it a firm shake. "I agree."

Red Buster Gaming Youtube ||| Red Buster Gaming Twitch
Takamori Saigo - Konohagakure Banin - [color=#93DDDB]
Takamori Jubei - Konohagakure Genin - [color=#8B658B]
Enkouten Hisone - Iwagakure Special Jounin - [color=#E87511]
Ryousei Genkaku - Sungakure Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Retired CharactersShow
Akira - Kirigakure - Special Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Ishikawa Hanzo - Sunagakure Genin - Jinch - [color=navajowhite]
Tenjirou Shigekuni - Sunagakure Chuunin - [color=fuchsia]
Itazura Bokun - Sunagakure B-Rank MN - [color=#00C1B5]
Kutsuzawa Retsu - Iwagakure Sp Jounin - [color=#EF6B00]
Shiimu Mirai - Kirigakure Bannin - [color=navajowhite]