Left Hand Rising

[closed] Tydie, Kabu, & Aes Sedai

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Left Hand Rising

Post by Willoria » Fri May 01, 2020 10:56 pm

Fujitsuna Arata had followed Rika off and on for the better part of the week. There were many things he would rather leave to someone beneath him in rank, but given what needed to be done, he had to do it himself. He watched the girl go through her morning and waited for the perfect time. It didn't take long to come, the library was a very public place but it was also full of book shelves and stacks all with dark corners. He walked into the building as himself, but once he found the right place he pulled on his new mask, to adopt the new persona, the very one he needed to introduce Rika to.

He watched her move among the stacks and he stayed in the darkness. When the perfect moment came, she wasn't far from the wall as he came up behind her. "Rika." The mask altered his voice as he whispered, almost as if layering it. When she would inevitably turn around and see his mask he would reach out quickly. One arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her close, the other placed a cloth over her nose and mouth. The idea was that she would breathe in just once, and the liquid on the rag would do it's work and send her into unconsciousness.

By time the girl would come to she'd be in a dark room deep in the vaults under the library, the walls made of metal and only three wooden chairs in the room. In one chair sat Arata, still with the Hannya mask in place as he waited for her to wake up, and Rika would be in the second chair.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

Left Hand Rising

Post by Kabu » Fri May 01, 2020 11:14 pm

For the past several days Rika could have sworn she felt someone not just watching her but following her as well and even as much as she tried to ignore it it brought a chill to her spine whenever she so much as thought about it. She had to imagine that this was the kind of thing Sakaki had gone through on a regular basis ever since becoming a Jinchuuriki, constantly being followed, never sure when you were actually alone.

Regardless there were always things to do and despite this being another one of those days where she could tell she was being followed she nonetheless had work to do at the library, the girl currently browsing some shelves off in a distant corner looking for various books on animals in order to upgrade her current puppet roster.

Having finally found what she was looking for after several moments of searching she reached out to grab the book but immediately froze as she felt a presence very close by, cautiously turning around, fully prepared to run, only to freeze once more at the sight of a very frightening mask.

"Wha wha wha..." she stammered, about to scream for help as a cloth was pressed against her nose and mouth, the girl's eyes opening wide for just a moment as she took a breath and from there plunged into unconsciousness.
Some time later she awoke, groaning as she took a look around her surroundings, any apparent grogginess she may have felt being replaced by immediate panic at the sight of the room she was in.

And as she looked around she saw she was alone with the man in the mask from earlier.

"Wh... who are you? And where are we? What do you want with me? Are you here to kill me and harvest my organs for my bloodline?" she rambled, scared to her wits end as nothing like this had happened to her to this point and she had no idea how to deal with it.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Left Hand Rising

Post by Willoria » Fri May 01, 2020 11:24 pm

Arata chuckled as Rika scrambled. He knew he should feel bad about how scared she obviously was, but in truth it was more than mildly amusing. Of course, the way the mask distorted his voice didn't help, as his laugh came out like wet gravel. "Easy, Rika. In this mask, I am known as 'The Left Hand'. Or Hidarite." he told her, keeping the mask on for the moment. "The mask was necessary to make sure no one knew who took you, but you are about to be one of only two people who know my face behind this mask. What I say in this room today must remain a secret, and you will keep it as such, understand?" he would wait for her assent before he finally nodded and sighed, and reached up a hand.

He pulled the mask off carefully and set it aside. "Without the mask, you know who I am." he said quietly, his voice normal now as he smiled at Rika. "Sorry to give you a scare, I'll be able to explain soon."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

Left Hand Rising

Post by Kabu » Fri May 01, 2020 11:31 pm

"What?" she said, very obviously confused by how this masked man knew who she was. No wait... there was always the possibility he was some kind of stalker, in which case of course he would know her name. No... that was silly. There was no way she had a stalker that she didn't know about. Nobody could get away with that kind of thing in Suna.

Having organized it all in her head, she nodded in agreement, at least partially against her better judgement. Though she knew she had no choice, and even that in mind, part of her trusted what he was saying. "Very well, I swear, whatever goes on here shall remain a secret." she said, at first blinking but then pouting at the revelation of the man behind the mask.

It was someone she knew very well from the time she had spent with Kiyori concerning her SoS work, and someone she was very upset with now that she was no longer scared witless. "ARATA!" she shouted, pouting as she resisted the urge to get up from her seat and pulverize him. "I hope there's a really good explanation behind this."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

Left Hand Rising

Post by TyDie » Sat May 02, 2020 12:22 am

The woman in the darkest corner of the room stood silently, observing the interaction between Arata and Rika without so much as a sound. After Arata revealed his mask though, it became clear that her observation wouldn't last much longer. Rika asked for an explanation, and the sound of someone's throat clearing filled the room for a moment. A second later, the woman stepped forward into the dim light of the room; It was none other than the Kazekage, Henrin Kiyori. She wasn't wearing her usual Kazekage garbs or anything, instead opting to cover herself with a black cloak and her regular attire underneath. "Indeed, it is a very good explanation Rika. Arata took you under cover of darkness under my orders. I had things I wanted to discuss tonight, between just the three of us."

As she spoke, Kiyori smiled warmly down at the young woman; one of the best scribes she had ever recruited, by far. She would stand next to the seated and unmasked Arata, crossing her arms before she spoke. "I'm sorry for the cloak and dagger. Given the nature of what i'm about to reveal to you, I felt it necessary. For you see, few scribes are even aware of the Vault; the clandestine group I created within the scribes meant for espionage, infiltrations and, on occasion, assassination. The vault was headed by Arata here, and he was instructed specifically to only tell me what I needed to know as Scribes Archivist... But the situation has changed."

She let out a small sigh, looking down at Arata with a small smile before continuing. "I'm Kazekage now. it's my business to know everything going on in my village. Which means that Arata can't keep secrets from me. The Vault can't keep secrets from me. So i'm disbanding the vault as a sub branch of the scribes... and Arata is giving birth to a new group. One that will answer only to me; my Left Hand" Realizing she had just gone on quite the long exposition, she thought now was a good time to pause and answer any of Rika's questions. After all, so far, none of this really had to do with Rika... yet.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

Left Hand Rising

Post by Willoria » Sat May 02, 2020 12:53 am

Honestly Arata didn't answer, he knew Kiyori would and so he stayed quiet as she did, although he couldn't help a statement when she cleared her throat. "You know when you clear your throat like that I feel like you should be wearing something pink, fluffy, and maybe carrying a kitten or something." he said with a teasing grin. "The true visage of evil in that throat clearing." he added, quickly going quiet as she silenced him with a look.

He waited until Kiyori was finished speaking to speak up. "I will be heading the organization under the name 'The Left Hand.'" he said, slowly turning serious. "Or as Hidarite. I will still share information with the Scribes as fits, and the Scribes will share information with us that we might be able to make use of. Only the leader of the Scribes will know my Identity and the information will only pass between me and them, to keep the loop as closed as possible. The Left Hand must remain a secret in order to operate properly. At worst, we should never be more than a whispered rumor among the populace."

Kabu

Left Hand Rising

Post by Kabu » Sat May 02, 2020 1:18 am

As time went on Rika was getting more and more confused by the situation, it only deepening as Kiyori stepped into the light, seeming to have actually been present all long. Okay.. with the appearance of the Scribe's leader/Kazekage, she had to assume that something serious was going on, but what was it and why was she involved? She had heard rumblings that she might be in the wings for a promotion but even still for right now she was only a regular Chuunin. She had so many questions, some of which it seemed Kiyori had come fully prepared to answer.

Tilting her head curiously, she listened to Kiyori and Arata speak, taking in their every word, and while some of her questions were answered she only had more by the time they had finished speaking.

"Okay so, I understand the need for the cloak and dagger but while I do have several questions, I guess there are a couple pretty big things I really don't understand." she said, taking a deep breath as she worked to gather her thoughts. "So like, why did the Scribes have a clandestine half to begin with? And why am I here for all this...?" she asked, trailing off as she put together something Arata had said.

"Only the leader of the scribes will know who he is? But the leader is standing right there...?" she thought to herself, eyes going wide as she made an impossible connection in her mind. The pieces all fit but there was no way....

"Only the leader of the scribes will know of Arata's identity as head of The Left Hand..." she muttered to herself, making sure she was understanding everything correctly.

"Huh? But I... we.. you? EHHHHH?!" she shouted, reacting very similarly to when she had been invited to join the scribes to begin with.

"There's no way this is real. I have to be dreaming."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

Left Hand Rising

Post by TyDie » Sat May 02, 2020 11:21 am

The Kazekage gave a frumpy look at her partner Arata, rolling her eyes at his quip about her being some kind of pink-clad villain. "As if I would look good in pink... bah." the Henrin would then let Arata continue with his explanation, showing off his side of things. Then Kiyori waited for Rika to pose all of her questions at once, but it seemed she really only had two. The first was an easy enough question to answer, though she may not like what she heard from Kiyori "I started the Vault as a means of fulfilling an important need for the village. Sure, we have people who spy, but espionage is an endeavor best handled by a dedicated group. Plus, the scribes are all about gathering information... of all kinds. the reports gathered from the vault were essential in certain diplomatic endeavors, so their worth has been proven multiple times. Konoha has ANBU; we have the Vault... now known as the Left Hand."

The second question was sort of adorable, as the realization slowly filled Rika's head and she thought it impossble; surely she was dreaming! Kiyori chuckled a little to herself, shaking her head in affirmation of Rika's suspicions. "I'm the Kazekage now, Rika. I haven't even been by the library in weeks, and it isn't fair to delegate all of my responsibilities as Archivist to you and the others, while I retain the title. Not to mention, as Archivist I shouldn't know what the Left Hand does, and yet as Kage I must know their actions. It's a catch 22, and the only answer is for me to step down as the Scribes Archivist, just as Hito did before me. And of course, that leaves the seat open for another... Yes Rika, I've chosen you to take on the mantle as Archivist of the Scribes."

She would look down at Arata with an adorable smile, and a fake tear or two. "Oh Arata, our little girl is growing up! Next thing you know she'll be talking to boys, our nest is going to be empty!" She looked back to Rika and laughed, grinning at the newly appointed Scribes Archivist.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

Left Hand Rising

Post by Willoria » Sat May 02, 2020 9:59 pm

As the pair spoke, Arata reached into his haori and withdrew a silver square container. Flipping it open it was clear it was meant to be a cigarette container, yet the herb in his as always was not tobacco. He took one out and put the tin away before lighting it and taking a gentle starting drag. He watched the two speak and smirked as Kiyori made comments about Rika growing up. "Oh we'll get there." he teased, winking at her. It had been made clear to him by Kiyori's family, especially her mother, that many children were expected. Of course his joke of having a pack of werewolves hadn't gone over well, but regardless the joke didn't fall on deaf ears and he winked at his lover and Kazkage before turning to look at Rika.

"This is a lot of responsibility." he told her quietly, taking another drag off the spliff between his fingers. "It's also some scary shit." he added, sighing. "Taking you in the mask wasn't just meant to be some dramatic act. There will be moments when you turn around and I will be there in that mask. You could be in the library, your office... any time I'm acting as Hidarite, you will see me in the mask and you'll know it is official business. Sadly an intimidating mask is part of the part I must play."

Kabu

Left Hand Rising

Post by Kabu » Mon May 04, 2020 1:46 am

Rika very intently listened to Kiyori and Arata speak, still all the while trying to process what was happening, though she couldn't help but lightly blush at some of Kiyori's comments. Honestly she absolutely didn't like the bit about the Vault or The Left Hand as it would now be known, but while she didn't like it, she very much understood the need for it, the need for espionage and secretism. In a perfect world such things wouldn't be needed but between her research and her career thus far as a shinobi she had very well come to learn that this wasn't a perfect world, far from it in fact.

"Yes, I understand. I'll admit I wish there wasn't a need for an organization like the Vault or Left Hand but I'm aware of the need for their existence and..." she turned from Kiyori to look towards Arata. "I'm also aware of the need for such absolute secrecy. I just ask that you be patient with me for a little while. And I apologize beforehand for if I ever react similarly to... today..." she said with a nervous chuckle and an embarrassed blush as she briefly averted her gaze.

With that she turned her gaze back to Kiyori and let out a quiet sigh while rubbing the back of her head. "I'm happy to accept this responsibility but... I need to know, why me? I don't have any kind of leadership skills and I certainly don't have the diplomacy skills that may at times be required of me. You know me, I'm a scatterbrained chatterbox. Least that's what I've been told, and it's not something I can readily deny." she said quietly. She was normally quite confident in herself and her abilities, this kind uncertainty being very much foreign to her. Still though, she had to know why she of all people had been chosen for a station such as this.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”