Introductions

Meeting the newly reinstated Kage

Zao

Introductions

Post by Zao » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:24 pm

The golden crow had already started to push towards the mid-day mark in the sky as Zao stepped outside his large two-story home sliding the door shut behind him as the man's blue eyes swept across the busy city streets. A gentle smile upon his thin lips as his long snow-white hair was tied back in a loose ponytail that reached down to nearly his waist. His attire a simple looking white robe tied at the waist with a royal blue sash with white shin length pants and simple wooden sandals the made a light tapping sound with each step against the cobblestone streets.

His destination today was a rather special one, Kiyori had finally relinquished her hold of the title of Kazekage after guiding the village through the great war. Now wishing to focus completely on her family she had spoken to the council, and they had selected the former stand in Kazekage who had filled in for a time when the kage prior had mysteriously disappeared without a single trace or clue as to where or why. Even Zao had not been able to track down his whereabouts even with mastery of space and time. But during that time Zao had gotten a good feeling from the monk who was now officially placed into the office as Kage.

It had been many years since back then and as a Bannin, it was only proper to introduce himself to the new Kage and the Spirit Saint also wished to understand what the thought process and intentions of this fellow Suna shinobi where for the village. A few days ago, he sent a message wishing to speak with the Kage when he was able to make some time. Not looking to rush anything as he knew taking over for Kiyori was indeed a difficult transition period and there was a mountain of administrative stuff that would need to be taken care of, so he didn't wish to interfere with that mess.

This morning he had been notified by messenger that the Kazekage had time around noon to speak with him, Zao had sent word back thanking the Kage for making time for him and now he was traveling across the village towards the central area that contained the Kazekage's complex. To those he passed, the man appeared like a simple merchant or perhaps traveler visiting their humble village as he didn't give off any type of sharp aura or feeling, almost like he was barely existing on this plane, like some sort of ghost. It only took a short while before he arrived at the downstairs desk where he was informed that he could proceed upstairs now. With that he quietly advanced up a series of stairs before turning down a hallway and moving to a large wooden door. His slender tattooed right hand reached out and gently knocked on the door waiting for a reply.
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

Introductions

Post by FluffyGinja » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:54 pm

"Quick, send a missive to the Konoha, I'd like to meet with some of them when possible. Along with that, arrange for a message to arrive to both the leaders of Iron Country and Heart Empire. Tell them the Kazekage wishes to have a meeting on neutral ground." With that, Sueatsu waved his hand and took a seat at his desk, staring down at it for a moment before turning and looking outside into Sunagakure. "Kiyori, what did you leave me... it isn't a mess but... it feels like something is off." He muttered as she turned back towards his desk with a soft sigh.

There was a brief pause as the knock on the door had interrupted his train of thought. Sueatsu had been writing something down, debating it with a soft tap on the paper. With a brief clear of his throat, he cleared his papers aside and fixed them into a stack. He hadn't forgotten how much paperwork he had to do... but he had hoped he'd be able to avoid it more. "You may enter." When the man entered, it was obvious who it was right away. "Ah, Saisuko-san, it is nice to meet you." The way Sueatsu watched him was like a quick study but he seemed to no longer worry about it soon after as he gestured with his hand towards a seat for now. "As you can see, busy morning. When isn't there one though."

Zao would see the Kazekage's garb, the robes and the hat of his station, set aside for the time being but hung respectfully. "Tell me, what made you wish to meet with me? Normally, after the war and the loss of the prior Kazekage, most wouldn't wish to see the former placeholder."
Active CharacterShow
Character NameAgeRankVillageCompanion(s)Training/Lonely ThreadSpeech Color Code
Hitoke, Ibuku14GeninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00A5DB
Ogata Amiya28B RankIwagakure No SatoN/AHow Does A Brick Wall Train?SlateGray
Past CharactersShow
Kyoukan, Kureha [Inactive]30JouninKumogakure No SatoN/AN/A#d67082
Tamamushi, Shishi [Inactive]16ChuuninIwagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00b27a
Nara, Shikatsu [Inactive]26JouninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#7251BC
Shirahama, Sueatsu [NPC]36KazekageSunagakure No SatoN/AN/A#f96b07
Jouchaku Chiane [Inactive]24Jounin (Bannin)Kirigakure No SatoN/ACome on Jouki, I'm boredLightCyan

Zao

Introductions

Post by Zao » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:37 pm

Hearing the voice of Sueatsu call through the large wooden door that led into the important figure's office, Zao took just a moment to straight out the wrinkles in his robe as well as knock off the fine particulates of sand that had clung onto him as he moved through the busy city streets on the trip over here. Feeling squared away he reached out and turned the door handle, giving it a firm push as the heavy door creaked a little as it opened revealing the monk like man setting behind the large desk.

It would seem almost identical to the last time he came here to visit Kiyori before she stepped down from the duties as Kazekage, paperwork always could be found upon the desk as the administrative needs that fell on the Kage could be compared to a mountain of paperwork. But at least the new Kage seemed to be a bit more organized that she had been. Zao entered, lightly closing the door behind him before bringing his hands together like the prayer hands of Buddha before bowing his head. "Sueatsu-sama, thank you for making time in your busy schedule."

The soft, reserved voice of the middle-aged man spoke out with a respectful tone as he addressed the Kage, thanking him for his time. "The duties of the Kazekage are truly too numerous at times." He spoke in response, nodding his head lightly as his hands fell to either side and he advanced closer to the large desk which seemed to be the central point in the room. The monk seemed to be straight forward as he cut around any type of small talk wanting to address the meaning of the Spirit Saint's voluntary visit.

Smiling he spoke again, the same quiet and calm tone as before in response. "I've come foremost to congratulate you on your selection by the council to become Kiyori-sama's replacement." Zao truly didn't come with any ill intentions, but more so to feel out this man and his leadership style. He was no longer that young shinobi or just blindly followed the Kage, he wished to know the direction that the village's new leader planned to steer them. Things in the world were shifting and even in this time of shaky peace conflict was constantly just on the horizon. "Secondly, I wish to understand the leadership philosophy you plan to lead our village with."

Pausing for a second, he then added. "I'm also here to offer any help in anything you need assistance with." Though he didn't personally know the difficulties that came with turning over with the previous kage, he also wasn't blind to the fact that it couldn't be easy just taking over all the duties and responsibilities as Kazekage, the single most important person in the entire village. Thus, Zao had come offering his hand, if need, to Sueatsu as it was his duty as one of the village's Bannin to be there for the Kage.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

FluffyGinja

Introductions

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:24 pm

Sueatsu returned the prayer like gesture with one of his own, similar but at the same time, just different enough to be noticed by the trained eye, something that seemed to give respect towards the sun and to the person in front of him in equal measure. That question that he asked had... caught him a touch off guard. It had been something he himself had been giving a great deal of his own thoughts to and yet hadn't come up with a satisfying answer. There was a soft tap on the papers in front of him, straightening things out as he thought and he went to stand up and looked out at the village for a brief second before towards Zao. "My direction... ideally? That would be to raise Sunagakure up, to have it rise further and become greater. As is any Kazekage's. My personal want... is be able to say that these people..." he'd gesture outside towards the village but he paused. "Not the shinobi, who are well off and typically strong enough. No... the villagers, the nomads, the citizens of countries that we are allied with, that they can see Sunagakure as a place of safety in dangerous moments. I seek to broaden our reach but not our territory. Suna has been closed off for years, it is our nature but... a change needs to happen. I'd like to see Sunagakure become a beacon of light in the darkness more than ever before. We can't open our walls but we can open our arms." He paused as he cleared his throat and waved a hand in front of his own face. "I am terrible at speeches..."

With a moment of pause, he would take a deep breath in. "As for assistance, that would be appreciated. A few different things are needed. I'm... well, I've been called worldly. I care for the common person. Your average merchant holds the same value to me as an army, as they might be able to feed an army. That being said, nations... are not my strength. You've visited Konohagakure more often than myself, even this new Lightning Empire more, I take? I'd like to know what you know, as an observer. As well, any information on these new powers, Iron Country and Tea Country, would be appreciated." When he went to take a seat again, he shook his head with a little laughter. "I am far from a traditionalist, I lived simply for years in the desert. Learning and understanding. Compassion and care are where I excel. I am not unique in this aspect but I almost feel ridiculous sitting here... not sure where my direction is fully but having an ideal that I'd like to aspire to."
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow
Jouchaku Chiane [Inactive]24Jounin (Bannin)Kirigakure No SatoN/ACome on Jouki, I'm boredLightCyan

Zao

Introductions

Post by Zao » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:37 pm

Zao stood quietly, his two tattooed hands folding over one another with the right hand on top of the left one as they rest in front of him, listening intently to the responses from the new Kazekage. This man was now officially the leader of the grand shinobi village hidden in the sands of Wind country and one that contained his remaining family as well. Of course, he was interested in just what the plans of Sueatsu when compared to the more shut off attitude of Kiyori. It seemed that the monk had the same manner of thinking when it came to their country, feeling no need to expand their territory, much like the former Kage who had completely disagreed with the seizing of the surrounding land that now made up the much larger area of Wind country that happened during the Great War.

The spirit bannin remained quiet, not wishing to disturb the man's train or though or words as they flowed forth from the raven-haired man seated across the desk from him. 'A beacon of light. .' To Zao Suna had always had this same sort of methodology to them between Kiyori and now even Sueatsu, preferring the less violent means to accomplish their goals unlike other villages. But from the standpoint of the white-haired spirit saint this was a bit to idealistic, especially in the war-torn world and its shaky level of intercountry peace. 'What dreams to have. ' He only silently mused to himself as the Kage continued to speak towards the topics Zao had brought up a few moments ago.

"I've visited Konoha many times but as far as our shared allied nation of Kumo, I can only speak of its growing shinobi power after the Raikage turned the country into an empire under his rule. Looking too our direct neighbors in Heart and Iron, there isn't a lot of information on Heart country aside from the trio of samurai that helped to establish it. Iyashii Fuhen being the most notable amongst the three, the other two being must less well known, but he has made quite a name for himself for being there for the common man and his strength seems comparable to a top tier Bannin." Zao paused for a moment, allowing the information to come to him involving the young man he had met from Iron country who had come shortly before Sueatsu had come to power.

"The young man who now leads Iron is a former shinobi of the Hidden Mist but seems to have completely broken ties with the village in order to establish himself with Iron Country. Before Kiyori-san stepped down he requested an official visit and came to meet with her. Though I don't know the details of what they spoke with he seemed to have concerns over the threat of Iwa who is slowly absorbing its neighboring countries into the Iwa empire, most through force." He didn't go into any true details of that he'd spoken about with Shio, that was something of a secret that he wasn't about divulge. "But both this Heart and Iron empires seem to want to be on friendly terms with us."
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

FluffyGinja

Introductions

Post by FluffyGinja » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:30 pm

Sueatsu took a deep breath as he listened to his companion speak. It was strange to hear about new places, even as he had mentioned them earlier. "That is... good to hear actually. I was worried that before I came back, these new nations would be on terms with our enemies but... it does seem like we have lucked out. That name though... Fuhen. He was the man that succeeded in Fur Country, if I recall. Shio though... It is strange to hear of a former Kirigakure Shinobi suddenly defecting and making their own country... It does make me question how loyal Kirigakure shinobi claim to be. Considering that this doesn't seem to be the first instance of such a thing. Maido exists, after all... At least, existed. That is hard to tell, still. She was loyal to Kirigakure at some point but my doubts have shifted from that thought." He waved his head as if to dismiss his own rambling mind and he took a moment to think.

"I will never understand the want to conquer." He shrugged as he went to reach into a drawer, pulling out a small cup and a container, pouring himself something from it before setting another cup down. "Tea?" He offered. It was no ceremony to it, simply offering a drink... The speaking and the musing had him parched and he was debating on all these thoughts running through his head. Whether Zao took the tea or not, Sueatsu would drink and with a moment of pause, speak. "What... do you think our chances are... if we were to fight Iwagakure and Kirigakure?"
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow

Zao

Introductions

Post by Zao » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:32 pm

"The world does seem to be changing, but of course it is truly hard to see what a person is plotting within their mind." Zao quietly nodded, simply adding on to the words of the Kazekage at this point. Though he understood a bit more about what Shio wanted as the pair had a rather private chat, he couldn't really say he knew much about the samurai from Heart aside from what the intelligence reports said about him. Though the white-haired man planned to make time to visit this new heart country as a diplomate of sorts, after all this was one of the border countries to Suna who had a growing population with many samurai and such relocating themselves there.

Shaking his head lightly he glanced back to the raven-haired man across the desk from him who had suddenly offered him tea, a gentle smile crossed the middle-aged man's lips and he spoke in response. "Yes, please." Tea or wine, both were favorites of the Bannin as he stepped forward and finally took a seat across from the new village leader where he would take a cup of tea. Quietly drinking a sip, he could only narrow his eyes a bit at the mention of fighting both Iwa and Kiri. "Both have recently had a rise in powerful shinobi..." This caused for Zao to sigh, it seemed that Suna was lagging behind slightly in that respect, especially with the disappearance of Souta leaving only Zao, the new Kazekage setting before him, and the retired Kage (Kiyori).

"Against just one I believe that we would be at a slight disadvantage to be truth, my lord. Without allies on our side, we will not be able to fight against both on separate battlefronts even with my spacetime arts to move troops around different battlefields." Fighting against two separate Hidden villages that had both suddenly exploded with power and were even now increasing their size and power would be foolish. They would need to rely upon their ties with Konoha and hopefully the loose partnership with Kumo but having more on their side like the new Heart country and potentially Iron would be best.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

FluffyGinja

Introductions

Post by FluffyGinja » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:28 pm

"That... is what I've feared..." His face was calm and relaxed, but his voice betrayed him. There was worry there as he took a sip from his tea. It was nothing special, simple green tea but he seemed to stare forward as if contemplating a great many things at once. "I can only pray that these new hosts turn out... compatible. That would bring us much power. It has been... vexing. Ever since Inka... Shishire hasn't had such a compatible host and... I don't believe I ever recall a host that ever embodied Janesisu for very long." There was a quiet calm for a moment as he looked up at the ceiling and tapped on the table with one hand, his cup lingering in the air. "These new shinobi are... they weren't ready for the war then and not even now... What has happened to the world... There was some semblance of peace. Part of me... wishes to blame the Raikage and his decisions and the other part of me understands it was always there, bubbling below the surface, waiting to be allowed loose to ravage and rage." With a careful sip of his tea, his eyes glanced towards Zao.

At least... he had one person he could trust so far. Zao typically had Sunagakure's interest at heart and he wasn't one to stray from such thoughts. "Hopefully... these nations get my missives swiftly. I don't want to waste much time... You know one of the hardest thing about being the Kazekage is...? You hardly get time to train alone. You are almost always around someone, speaking to someone, working with something. I've had this idea for a technique recently... I need time to perfect it and I'm... so incredibly close." He muttered as he set his cup down. "Ah, but idle musings. What of your endeavors, I've not heard anything from you about your recent activities."
Last edited by FluffyGinja on Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow

Zao

Introductions

Post by Zao » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:10 am

"Perhaps not even we are truly ready for war, it is a bloody ordeal that reveals the worst in humans." The man who seemed to let his gaze drift off in thought, thinking back to the flashes of memories that weren't his own...but were also in a sense his own as they were from the time when he'd bene under the possession of the Demon Hegemon. Closing his crystal-like eyes for a moment, the man couldn't help but exhale slowly as he also understood. His cup slowly took another sip of his tea before setting it back down lightly upon the wooden desk.

"I can imagine it must be mentally and physically exhausting, Sueatsu-san." Zao's own personal experience was actually the complete opposite, especially after the former Kage had allowed for him to be released from the pit without discussing his decree with the Council. Most people who knew who the Spirit Saint was or what he'd done during the war would go out of their way to avoid him, instead of being surrounded by others without being able to be alone Zao was left to his own devises with the exception of his close personal friends.

It would take a long time to rebuild the man's reputation, even dealing with one of the powerful Suna missing-nin, Hyōryū, the middle-aged man was just barely accepted back within the eyes of those higher shinobi within his own homeland. A place that he would defend with his life, even if the people had different feeling about himself. As the Kage addressed him once more the brilliant blue eyes that were like looking at the beautiful clear sky flickered open and adjusted their gaze back onto his friend on the other side of the desk.

"I've been mainly keeping to myself, only going out on official village business as of late. Most don't really seek an audience with me unless they truly need something. Though..." He paused taking a second sip from the small teacup, almost finishing it as the man glanced at his left hand that held the cup, though one couldn't see it with the normal eye this arm was one he had to create for himself after his arm was removed. "...I've taken up the hobby of weapon forging." A gentle smile on his thin lips as he glanced back across at the Kage, take final sip of his tea finishing off the cup.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

FluffyGinja

Introductions

Post by FluffyGinja » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:59 am

The Kazekage gave a soft nod as he seemed to contemplate several things. A soft sip from his tea would interrupt his thoughts for a brief moment as he seemed to let it soothe his soul. "I knew about what happened with you... what Kiyori chose to do. It was a strange decision, I admit... but I do see what she likely saw." His voice was even, soft, and as if he was reading his peers mind. "Sunagakure are... slow to accept. They always have been... but your deeds show you care. In time... they will hopefully see the same." While he was talking, he went to reach into a small sheathe on his hip, pulling out a special looking dagger that he set down on the desk.

"Weapons, hm? I've only got this one, myself. It isn't anything too special... Raiton at my fingertips, really." Which he said as if it was obvious. To him, it was. A small lightning shaped guard was on it as he looked over at it before peering at Zao. "I've never been good with weapons... On purpose, maybe... hah, possibly might be able to learn something from Fuhen. I heard he is a samurai without equal." There was a slight chuckle in his voice at the thought of it as his hand went back to his tea. "It is strange... taking time to... just talk like this... reminds me of Kiyori... she was my first pick for Kazekage, she surprised me... proved me right in so many ways. Proved me wrong in others. I should go say goodbye sometime..."
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow

Zao

Introductions

Post by Zao » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:44 pm

Zao was abnormally quiet when the man across from him brought up that he knew what happened with him, of course he believed that due to the type of person Kiyori was the events that happened to Zao both during the war and afterwards that led him to his knees in front of the gates of Sunagakure would have been quietly passed to her successor. The white-haired man simply inhaled and exhaled slowly as his eyes fell briefly onto the teacup that both of his hands thumbed around its edges gently. "I can only hope. But it would be a lie to say that I am not a monster..." He sighed as he thought about the things that he had done both while possessed by the demon hegemon and afterwards for the sake of hopefully gaining the strength to turn back time for his love, the other half of his soul, his wife Wie.

Closing his eyes briefly to hide the slightly watery look, allowing his eyes to quickly recover he once more looked up as the special dagger that had been set out upon the desk. Of course, the Spirit Saint had heard of the weapon before him but he'd never seen it in combat or in person so he couldn't help but give it an almost analyzing gaze as he smile. Slowly he reached down and from a pocket on the inside of his white robe he pulled out a crimson and gold metal folding fan. He too placed his unique weapon upon the desk as it seemed to be inscribed with faint golden runes that appeared to almost be glowing. "As the opposite, due to my weak body I've always had to rely on the help of my tools."

The conversation caused for Zao to give off a natural smile on his thin lips, even revealing a slight portion of his white teeth causing for him to shake his head. "Yes, it does." Shaking his head lightly the man shifted his gaze outside a window across the room to his right as he too thought about the former Kage. "Perhaps we should both go say goodbye sometime..."
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Return to “Sunagakure no Sato”