[Open] The Scorned Daughter's Return

Das Kirb
Kumo OOC
Kumo OOC

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:23 am

The water washed around a woman's feet from the lake. A thick fog hung in the air, giving her shoulders and back a slight glisten. The atmosphere all but errased scents besides itself. It was peaceful here, and the clear waters offered a view of fish that nipped at her toes.

"Well, I'm here. No fucking clue where to find you though, Vorashu. Least the fish seem to remember me."

The woman reached a hand scarred by countless stories of violence into the crystal surface. Soon, the fish began to come up and check out the new body too causing a smile to cross her face. With a quick motion she grabbed a couple bugs from the banks and lowered them into the waters as well, seemingly make them happy.

"Please let whatever they're doing to you now not be truly torture. Then again, I suppose being inside me was torture at first too."

She spoke to no one in particular, seemingly lost in thought. Something had drawn her back to these shores but the purpose was entirely unclear to her now. It was as if the waters themselves simply missed her and began calling her name. A wicked looking tail came around next, stabbing itself into the earth. The woman leaned back on it, crossing her arms behind and stared at the sky. Despite all the hatred and rage the village across the waves burned deep within her, Katsu felt at peace in this moment, on this shore.

Diego

The Scorned Daughter's Return

Post by Diego » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:44 am

The bamboo fishing pole was still in Yuu's hands, the little bober he had made drifted to and fro along the surface of the water. Though he had not caught anything, or even had a bite for some time he enjoyed these moments of bliss. Maybe I didn't make the bober right, He contemplated.Or these fish seem to be smarter than I thought. Yuu took a deep breath and pulled in the line. Even though nothing seemed to be biting he still wanted to enjoy calming sounds of the water crashing slightly against the sand. He picked up his geta’s and with his pants rolled up to his knees he began to wonder down the small beach. His fishing pole dangled over his shoulder swaying as he walked and occasionally skipped down the shore.

Though he was soon pulled away from the simple waves of the lake. He heard someone talking, he could hear the voice quite clearly, but with the fog he wasn't able to see who it was. The voice sounded feminine but not childish like his own. Yuu heard the voice again as he drew closer and was able to make out the figure of a women, wading in the water in front of him. He was a little nervous of startling her, but he spoke up nonetheless.

“Are you and Vorashu married? I remember my parents used to talk about inside each other sometimes, but never really about torture.”

He sat down on the shore and placed his bamboo rod in the sand. Resting his face in the palms of his hands Yuu sat and waited for a response. He cocked his head slightly as he looked at the women in the waves. She seemed to be sitting, or doing crunches. I wonder if she's training, maybe she's a ninja as well.

Kōkatsu Kokku Fushinkou
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Das Kirb
Kumo OOC
Kumo OOC

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:02 am

Her head tilted as she heard a small voice. Instinct kicked in full force as she looked him over, sniffing the air and sitting up more fully, bringing that wicked dagger to her chest at the right, pointed towards him. She sniffed the air, staring him down like a predator protecting it's territory. Very faint red whisps of chakra emanated from her eyes and shoulders. After a second, she began looking into the distance, directing her attention that way. A moment later she was satisfied this child was alone, and so were they together.

As her body tensed she rippled with power. Her eyes fell upon the headband and old hatreds began to resurface. His shirt bore a name she loathed and every instinct was screaming to pounce. For a brief second, she began to growl at this kid and something deep within reminded her of her endless hunger. Bloodlust was writhing to get free and all this beast wanted was to pounce. For a couple seconds she very well might have, until another voice broke her from it. The voice of reason.

This was just a kid, no more than eight years old. Damned if he was a Kiri kid he was a kid. To butcher a child and devour him brought a hint of disgust to the feral woman. No, he may have snuck up on her in her tranquility, but she would suppress her hunger, and her rage. Slowly, she relaxed and looked back at him, extending a hand to settled him down, and relaxing the dangerous weapon at her back.

"Sorry kid, didn't realize I wasn't alone for a second. And. . . no. Forget the name alright? Best you know as little about that as you can for now."

Diego

Post by Diego » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:33 am

An enormous amount of pressure overtook Yuu just after he had sat down. He was fixated on the figure still only slightly visible from the mist as it seemed to twist the mist in between them. Demon eyes of dark red peeked through waves of red blending into the grey atmosphere. His eyes grew wider as the darkness in the water grew stronger and time slowed. Yuu couldn't move. He could only stare directly at the beast. He could feel his chest rapidly going up and down but he could not hear his own frantic breathing. An eternity passed in that moment, before the demonic eyes shifted from his location. They seemed to be looking past him, as if he wasn't even there anymore. He continued to stare but an overwhelming sense of relief seemed to pass over the young boy, and once again he began to think rationally. There’s no such thing as demons, you know that. She must be a ninja then, an insanely powerful one. The way she reacted, she has to be on her guard, no ninja that I've meet has ever reacted that way. I would not be able to fight, let alone run, I'm completely defenseless in this situation. Calm down Yuu. Calm down. His breathing slowed as the blood red eyes floating in the mist began to fade away and the women approached him. As she walked towards him he still couldn't find the power to move and stayed fixated on the spot where she stood in the water even as she drew closer.

He snapped out of it when she extended her hand, seemling trying to calm him. She doesn’t see me as a threat, thank god. the women spoke to him but Yuu could barely recognize what she was saying, though he saw her lips moving. He noticed first the weapon that had been pointing at him was no weapon at all, but a tail that now rested behind her back. Who is this woman screamed and echoed in his head. He stood up trying to think of a reply.

“Im sorry for startling you,” he blurted out and bowed as he spoke.

Yuu felt stupid almost instantly for bowing to the stranger. However, after his own embarrassment he seemed to fully regain his stature. Yuu slowly looked up from his bow and saw the grizzled and scared naked body of the women at last. She looked as if she was an experiment from some grim child monster stories.

“Why are you naked?”

Kōkatsu Kokku Fushinkou
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Das Kirb
Kumo OOC
Kumo OOC

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:50 am

Katsu retracted her hand as the kid bowed. It caused her to take an honest step backwards and a look of pure confusion crossed her. Another sniff of the air revealed he was clearly terrified. His bow though. . . This kid should be running if he's in that kind of fear. When he spoke again is when the woman lost it. The sheer ludicrous nature of the situation hit like her dad's hammer. She smiled, a toothy grin that showed her sharp teeth designed to tear flesh from bone. Despite the teeth there was no malice, and the smile turned to hearty laughter from deep in her gut. Just like that, this kid had dispelled her bloodlust and tension.

After a moment she settled down and wiped a tear from her eye. Through gasping breath's his question was answered. "Don't apologize. Be proud, you got the jump on me, kid." As she spoke Katsu sat down once again, planting her tail into the earth behind her and relaxing once more, putting her feet back in the water. "And short answer is because I want too. All that. . . shit just feels weird and suffocates me." The shoulders rolled as the last bits of tension left her once more. "Judging from the pole you're fishing. Any luck?"

Diego

Post by Diego » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:38 am

The tension seemed to fade from the situation but Yuu still held onto his understanding of just how powerful the person in front of him was. She had fair reason for being nude, at least one that he didn’t want to question any further. Though looking at her naked body almost elevated her power, with the scars and not a care for her own nakedness. Nevertheless he dropped the subject.

“Not really,” Yuu said as he began to genuinely answer her question. “I’ve never been the best at hunting or fishing, so I’ve been trying to practice more of my survival skills. It’s nice to be away from the city as well sometimes.”

As he talked he reached down and picked up his homemade fishing pole, and fiddled with it in his hands. Yuu still wondered why he was not able to catch any fish, but that wasn't the main issue on his mind. He wanted to know why she was here and who this woman was. She had no sign of being from kirigakure what so ever, or any of the major villages for that matter, she was a complete mystery. He was not certain if she was a treat to the village, or just an incredibly strong ninja passing through. Though if Yuu found anything out there wouldn't be much he would be able to do. I guess I won't try to learn anything about her, but if she starts talking I’ll listen. Yuu thought to himself. Even if I was able to find out who she was and tell the stronger ninja, she may be too strong, even for them.

Kōkatsu Kokku Fushinkou
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Lumine

Post by Lumine » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:58 am

Lumine was taking a break today for some training, or more to the point practice in swimming as a user of the suiton element he had to also master being inside the element. Then again he felt glad he was not a katon element user otherwise that might be a hard life for him. As he got ready removing his t-shirt and placing it one side in a hidden section near the edge of the lake. After stretching for a bit he prepared to jump into the lake and then stopped as he got scared remembering he was not really good at diving in. So he took a deep breathe and just as he wanted to jump in again he realized he still had his shoes on so he stopped took some deep breathes to calm down and began taking off his shoes as he thought to himself.

'its just water, its just a big giant pond, more like a giant bath, with really scary fish that might try to eat me. No Lumine, stop being scared its just a lake, we are here to conquer the water, or is it I. So glad becoming a shinobi did not require C-rank grammar. Do they have ranks for grammar in the first place, wait enough thinking, time to get off these shoes and jump in.'

Lumine got up with his shoes and socks now also put away he stretched his arm to the right and to the left and in he jumped splashing into the lake normally with his new swimming trunks or was it a shorts as he then swam slowly with a doggy paddle, being alone meant no one would see him and as he progressed he noticed something as he moved further along the edge of the lake. There was a boy with a fishing rod as he remembered there were fish and just as he wanted to get closer from curiosity he stopped and sank a bit struggling for a bit to get his head back above the water. There was this huge, strange, evil-looking naked lady in the lake as he just floated there while swaying his feet with as much force as he could to keep his head above the water. Then he began to wonder if this woman was not some mermaid from fantasy and this boy was fishing mermaids as his imagination seemed to get carried away. Looking from a distance he would not move any closer or any further away and just stared at the scary lady and the fishing boy

Das Kirb
Kumo OOC
Kumo OOC

Post by Das Kirb » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:18 am

A feint scent wafted on the air, that of fear. Shortly after the sounds of splashing broke the near silence not too far away from where the boy and woman sat. Nodding towards her company, Katsu slipped beneath the surface of the lake, swimming towards the sound. If she was right, someone was drowning.

It didn't take long and she was upon another child, another small boy. He looked almost younger than the first one. He was obviously from the village but she didn't see anything to mark him as military. With how hard he was kicking the water swimming wasn't a strong suit yet either. Once again, she made the conscious choice not to attack or harm this child in any way. Instead, she would help him.

Katsu swam slowly towards the surface, maybe a few meters away facing him in front. She extended a hand and bobbed, moving slowly. "Hey, just keep kicking and you'll be fine. Come on over here if you can." The woman made sure to be in sight of her first companion as well, holding up a hand for him to wait there.

Diego

Post by Diego » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:35 pm

Yuu waited for a reply but instead of words the women cocked her head back towards the water. He had heard the splash of water but apparently the women noticed something more. He was more confused as she nodded and dipped into the water going after the splash. He saw something that seemed to be flailing in the distance and the women began helping whatever it was. is that the reason she's out here? She was able to realize what was going on much faster than me as well. Maybe she can use sensory style as well, but much stronger ones than yours truly. I’ll have to keep that in mind. He watched her while pondering the situation.

The women held up her hand and made sure that Yuu saw that she was watching him as well. There was nothing for him to do, another opportunity lost because of her carefulness to keep an eye out. He focused on what she went after, it looked like a child, but it was small. Wait, is that fish? Yuu thought. If that's a fish it would be giant! Holy Smokes!

He held up a thumbs up to acknowledge the women as she gestured for Yuu to stay put. She's smart too, not just strong. Looking more closely and to his disappointment it was no fish, just a small boy. It was a crazy thought to begin with. The kid doesn't seem to be why she is here, more like another person passing through. Though this newcomer could lead to an opening to flee.

”You sure you don't need any help,” He asked.

Kōkatsu Kokku Fushinkou
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Lumine

Post by Lumine » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:48 am

Lumine was panicking, he did not understand what was going on as he began to think to himself he might be in danger, as she reached out her hands he did not return the favor right away as he was struggling. After a while of struggling he took hold of the hand nervously and she may have felt him shivering it was not because he was cold as much as it was him being scared, perhaps it was both as he was not sure what to do as he just kept kicking as it seemed easier, though his doggy paddle would not work too well anymore with his arms feeling a bit tired from the earlier struggle.

As he things were moving along the fishing boy asked if he was sure he did not need help as he just looked to the side as he started getting used to just holding on not realizing if they were moving from the spot as he was too nervous to speak out at the moment. He was starting to calm down, but he had to be just a bit alert as he shivered once more as he felt he needed to train more as he just held on and eventually his kicking was also slowing down as he realized he needed a lot more training just to swim. For some reason using the basic jutsu from the academy to walk on water was far easier then actually swimming, though he could not show off that he could already use it since he did not want people to expect anything from him.

He was rather silent for the time being as he then finally said something really softly as if finally realizing the situation for the first time.

"Thank you...."

Das Kirb
Kumo OOC
Kumo OOC

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:23 am

Her hand remained out, giving him support. She slowly swam back towards the shore with him. While she was there as a life guard, he would be taking most of the effort. A soft smile spread across her face, turning into a grin. Those shark-like teeth likely made her an absolute terror, but there was no malice to be seen on her face. She turned to look back towards the first. "Yeah, we're fine. He's just gotta get through this and having a hand helps. Turning back "Just keep kicking and dig deep, kid. Nothing but a bit of water and it's nothing to be scared of."

As they neared the shore she slowly retracted her hand, letting him cover the last few feet on his own. Climbing up herself, she beamed down at him before taking a seat again. "Congratulations, kid. You did it. Take it this is your first time trying to swim on your own?" She clapped him on the shoulder in an odd sense of pride, doing the same to her first companion as well before once again relaxing, enjoying the situation.

Diego

Post by Diego » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:30 pm

Yuu watched as the demonic level ninja helped some kid learn to swim, cradling him as he kicked across the water surface. The two emerged from the water and she slapped him on the back with a sweet smile. What the hell is going on? The situation seemed to grow more bizarre by the minute. Now the three were just huddled around, unaware of who each was. The lake, in the background, continued to push and pull waves to the shore and pull back into the sprawling mass of water in the distance.

”Nice swimming,” Yuu said. ”Is that why you came out here? To practice? There must have been another reason for being at the lake than just swimming.” The kid could have drowned as well if he was really alone. Though that wasn't what Yuu was worried about, as even though the question was directed at the other boy, it wasn't meant for him.

”Oh, also I’m Kanada! What’s your name?” He held his balled fight, hoping for a fist bump.

Kōkatsu Kokku Fushinkou
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Lumine

Post by Lumine » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:13 am

Lumine struggled mostly because she was scaring and partially due to him not being that good a swimmer, his doggy paddle having fallen apart from only her slight disturbance meant he was far from being a solo swimmer. Lumine finally reached the shore and was breathing a bit heavily as his heart was racing a bit, looking down it was hard to tell who he was, other then him being a young boy affiliated with the Muramasa as he was trying to calm down he felt a pat on the shoulder and seemed to enter back into a panicked and nervous state, he really lacked interaction with others and this was really scaring him mainly from his inexperience.

The fishing boy seemed really talkative and it made him actually feel a bit less nervous, the boy then extended a fist out to hit him as he pulled back holding his hands clasped to his chest as he remembered the boy saying his name was Kanada, which sounded like the name of some leafy village from a fairy tale book. He did not really keep track of where he backed towards as he stopped realizing he nearly stepped back into the helpful lady as he stopped to stare at her for a moment as he looked at the boy and realized that there were no ill intentions it seemed.

"My name is..."
, hesitating for some odd reason Lumine followed by a mild stutter before saying his name, "Lumine". Lumine looked at the lady again as he just could not keep it in anymore as he blurted it out to the extent that it really stood out more then he could imagine.

"Why are you naked?!"

Izanagi
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Izanagi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:40 pm

When he wasn’t training, eating or sleeping Shinjiro typically spent his time near the lake that surrounded the village. He enjoyed some degree of isolation from other shinobi, having only a handful of acquaintances within the village, most being individuals whom he deemed suitable mentors to help foster his ever-growing strength and status. As a Jinchurriki and newly promoted Special Jounin of the Karagata family he was quite well known throughout the village by name and reputation, being a fearsome opponent and not someone to cross. At the age of 15 he had already proven himself to be one of the deadliest taijutsu practitioners in the village and as such had also been made a member of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, able to hold his own even against elite Jounin of the village. Still, he was not nearly satisfied. His potential was vast and he would feel accomplished until he could stand as equal among Kirigakure’s Bannin.

On this foggy afternoon Shinji found comfort within the vaporous haze, flitting about in the form of a small brown bat and making rapid swooping attacks and filling his belly with various insects. They tended to gather near water, specifically along the shoreline which made for easy hunting. In this form they took very little effort to catch, moving at only a fraction of his true speed, only slightly faster than an average bat. Hunting in such a way would sate his hunger, at least in this form. He tended to shift between a handful of forms per day to keep familiar with his movement patterns though he had to admit that he bit favor the agility of the bat. Before becoming a member of the seven swordsmen or even a Jinchuurki for that matter Shinji had been trained in the ways of assassination, one of the specialities the Karagata family were most renowned for. While his combat style had evolved to include more brutal and direct fighting in many situations, stealth and precision were still second nature to him.

The afternoon had seemed to be quite ordinary for the first hour or so of his feast of flies but that had changed suddenly when he heard voices and what’s more felt something very unsettling. As a powerful, barely womanly voice reverberated in his ear drums the Genma within him stirred. ‘Beastia’ the haunting voice echoed within the caverns of Shinji’s mind, the name instantly filling the teenager with dread. Typically Vorashu only made his presence known when engaged in combat or emotions were elevated but now he could feel the power of the Genma raging within him, clawing at him and stifling his breathing for a moment as his chakra flared. Shinji knew this name Vorashu spoke. He had heard it before, the Genma was not one to hold back its disdain for humans and its abhorrence of anything it deemed weak or cowardly, often rebuking Shinji especially in the first year of the sealing. The Phantom Beasts previous host was one of only a handful of individuals he had spoken fondly of. ‘Katsu? Here?’ he worried, thinking to himself though such thoughts did not escape Vorashu’s notice. ‘She lives!’ the old God of all things wild proclaimed, laughing in a haunting cacophony that seemed merge the sound of a ravens caw and a howler monkeys screech with the snickering of a Hyena.

This news was not well received by Shinjiro. He knew well of her power as well as her ferocity and disdain for village policies. It had been made very apparent upon his sealing that her failure as a Jinchurriki was to serve as a warning. That if he too rebelled against the policies of the council Vorashu would be stripped from him without hesitation and he would be cast aside and disregarded as a broken weapon. The ultimate shame. ‘Beware young pup, Beastia will tear flesh from bone, skin you with her bare hands and leave your corpse a shattered mess amongst the rocks to see me returned to her. And I would have it so’ Vorashu taunted, almost gleeful at the prospect of such carnage. Truthfully the Genma wished above all else to be free rather than trapped within any vessel again, even that of Katsu. However, if he was forced to be caged, at least with her he would be free of Kirigakure’s restraint and could see to the slaughter of the Village’s elders. To watch Kirigakure crumble would be of some compensation for the centuries of enslavement at their hands.

The young shinobi knew that the smart thing would be to return to the village and gather reinforcements and certainly he wished to do so however he wished to gain more intel first. To actually lay eyes upon the monster and learn of her intentions firsthand. There were also the other voices to consider, young boys from the sounds of it. He had already adjusted his course and began his approach, flying higher now and moving at a normal speed for a bat, hoping to go unnoticed for the moment. His echolocation picked up the three individuals, two small boys, likely academy students or fresh genin and then the imposing figure that was katsu. He noted the tail and the bulking figure. He had never encountered a woman of such size nor even many men for that matter. He could only imagine the amount of strength within those rippling muscles. It was her. She had returned to the very shores of Kirigakure but for what purpose? She seemed calm, nurturing even with the pair of boys. Surely if she intended on razing the village and claiming Vorashu by force she wouldn’t waste time with small talk, would she? He had never actually met the woman, only heard cautionary stories of her. Against his better judgment the teenager decided to test the waters of her temperament. “You. Why have you come to this place?” he questioned. His voice coming from within the thick fog as he circled overhead at a 45 degree angle and a distance of about 50 meters.
Jutsu UsedShow
Bat
C-Ranked Full Kaerujutsu
Prerequisite: Form 1
This transformation allows Shinjiro to take on the form of a variety of bat species which could range from a wingspan of about 8 inches to about 2ft. Taking on all the characteristics of a bat Shinjiro is able to utilize sonar detection from up to 50 meters away and therefore easily navigate in the darkness though particularly bright lights or loud sounds will be disorienting. +6 Speed, +7 Instinct, -3 Strength
Natsuki Takeo - Hokage of the Leaf
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Chunin; Jinchuuriki
Natsuki Yozei- Konoha Genin
Takeda Ichiro - D-Rank Waterfall Country

Das Kirb
Kumo OOC
Kumo OOC

Post by Das Kirb » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:21 am

"Seems they'll get along just fine too. Hell, they're already asking the same questions as each other. Seems even those cowardly wastes of skin and bone haven't gotten to these two at least, eh Vorashu?" A whispered voice, spoken beneath her breath. For the faintest of moments she hoped against hope that he would answer. That anything would answer her. Silence was her answer, and it weighed heavily on the heart. For a moment her calm smile faded and she almost welled up. A question remained unanswered though.

"I'll tell you the same thing I told him kid, doesn't feel right. It suffocates. . ." She broke off mid sentence and sniffed the air, sitting straight up and bringing her tail around in front. Straining, her eyes scanned through the fog. Something was here. It wasn't human, but it also didn't smell like it belonged. The smell came, then shortly after the sound of wings on wind. A tension flooded over her as she began to rise. A quick hand was put out and down for the pair as if to shoo them behind her, like a mother protecting her kin. From deep in her chest, a low growl. Nothing manifest to sight, but sound and scent were present. Her evil blade moved as if it's own mind, slowly, gently. It pushed the boys behind her, and guarded their flanks as she crouched, her knees to the side and hands firmly on the ground. A woman vanished, and a beast took her place.

A booming echo came from the mist, a voice impossible yet present. Without hesitation Katsu's head snapped towards the source, unable to see it but knowing exactly where it was. Rolling, thunderous, and threatening her growl shifted into a primal hiss, followed by a near challenge of a bark. The two boys were being guarded on instinct, but her attention was decidedly elsewhere. The parasite once more forced her hunger forward, and this time it was much harder to resist. A primal roar split the skies as she challenged the new comer, reason very nearly squelched by just how strange the situation was. Primal instinct was wrestled with, however. The question, one she hadn't answered for herself hung in the air. It wasn't striking, but it was asking. An answer came through snarling teeth and mixed with a feral growl. "What the fuck are you to ask?"

Return to “Kiri”