[Graded] Worthy Protege?

Onu & Kat

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

[Graded] Worthy Protege?

Post by Willoria » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:34 pm

Stalking.

Asami leaned against the tree, her back flat against it. Her arms were crossed over her chest, her eyes were closed. She wore her usual all black outfit, the silver-blue jacket with the kraken splashed across the back of it. Her hair was pulled back into a single high ponytail that day and out of her hair. She bore no face paints like she once did. The only sign left of the once attitude ridden young woman was the stud in her lip where she used to always wear a ring. She seemed relaxed, one leg up with her foot flat against the tree and her knee sticking out.

In truth she was well aware of her surroundings, simply waiting for a particular genin to pass her by on the walkway to the right of the tree. It led to a simple market through the mists, and information led her to believe he'd be taking the path shortly. She only knew the boy from a file of course, something she was used to. But this was a different sort of target. It was the first time she had been asked to look into a possible recruit.

Her mind swam with possibilities, of course remembering the way Shinjiro had recruited her to be his Dagger initially. Would she employ so brutal a method? She hadn't decided yet.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Ace Trainer

Worthy Protege?

Post by Ace Trainer » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:51 pm

Kozan had taken only a few steps along the path before he came to a stop, standing in the middle of the walkway towards market. He'd found, as he walked, a small snail was scooting along the path. Looming over it, Kozan didn't crouch or kneel to get a closer look, he simply stood with his head hung staring down at the ground at this tiny snail. "Thats nice.", he said flatly to himself. He'd never seen a snail before. Kiri had several indigenous snail species, but a number more slugs. He'd seen plenty of slugs, he was pretty sure he'd seen a snail or two as well. This one, however, was yellow which was new to Kozan. If memory served, the snails he'd seen previously had been a brownish-blackish type. Kozan's own bright yellow eyes seemed to stare unwaveringly at the little mollusk as it inched its way along, blissfully unaware of Kozan's presence.

Time seemed irrelevant to the boy as he simply stood. He made no comment out loud beyond his previous, and seemed unconcerned about the occasionally person who would walk past him, staring at him perturbed by the boy's strange presence. But the snail was nice, and Kozan simply wanted to watch.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Willoria

Worthy Protege?

Post by Willoria » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:34 pm

Asami saw the boy pass out of the corner of her eye. She watched him observe the snail, raising an eyebrow. The very way he observed it was odd. His body language was strangely relaxed for even a genin. Even the way he observed the snail was strange. She was curious as to just how relaxed he was. At first she sat there and just watched him as he watched the snail. He seemed almost perfectly still. It was as if he was completely unaware of the world around him, just as the snail was unaware of everything around it.

Curious to see what he might do, Asami quietly drew a pair of senbon out and with a flick of her wrist she threw them. One was aimed for the slug, the other for Kozan's foot. Neither was sent at full speed, both purposely sent at a speed Kozan would be perfectly able to deflect or even catch. She simply wanted to assess the boy's level of awareness as she watched.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Ace Trainer

Worthy Protege?

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:26 pm

How many minutes had passed as Kozan watched the snail inch its way along the path? Kozan had hardly moved except to take a few steps to keep pace with the snail. It had made it about halfway across the path at this point. He simply watched, when to his surprise two senbon would fly through the air, the first striking the snail, and second impaling Kozan's foot. He looked up, blinking in the direction the senbon had came from, confused. He surpressed the instinctual push to go onto the offensive. His master had made it very clear that he was not to engage in any sort of combat within the village, not while they were still perfecting him. Especially because he shouldn't expect anything overtly hostile while there.

He looked back down at the snail, disappointed to find that the senbon had cracked straight through its shell and into the bugs body. Killing it. Bending over, he pulled the senbon out of his foot, flexing his toes briefly to make sure they all still worked. "Why did you do that.", he said out loud, seemingly to no one. He hadn't quite sighted Asami yet, but figured whoever threw them would be listening. His voice was flat, betraying no emotion for him. If anything it appeared he simply wanted to know, as opposed to being genuinely concerned.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Willoria

Worthy Protege?

Post by Willoria » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:45 pm

Asami sighed quietly, stepping out from her hiding place and into the light to where Kozan would be able to see her. She was confused already. She had been told he had some kind of potential, but she hadn't been given a file or any specific details. At the time she had thought she'd assess, perhaps similarly to how Shinji had tested her. Though she had no intent on torturing the boy the way Shinji had tortured her. "Well in truth, I was hoping you'd catch them, or block them maybe." she admitted in response to his statement.

She sighed heavily and crossed her arms, looking at him in slight confusion. The boy was a blank slate, both in expression and body language. She couldn't tell if he was simply this good at hiding his emotions, or if he was truly so simple.

'Suddenly wondering who is really being tested here.... me or him?'

"I am Karugata Asami, member of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist... tell me, who are you?" Technically she knew his name of course, but she was curious how he would introduce himself at the least.

Ace Trainer

Worthy Protege?

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:15 pm

He looked at her, cocking one head to the side like a puppy. Asami had made herself known and Kozan could at least assess immediately that she was stronger than him when there appeared to be no scent of fear radiating from her. Based on her appearance, he could only assume she was a few years older than his own biological age. She was shorter than him, albeit Kozan was something of a behemoth, but had more matured features than his own. "How would I catch them?", he asked, clearly not understanding the intent of this exercise. This wasn't something he'd reviewed before, or been given any data on, he didn't know quite how to respond.

She offered introductions, however, and Kozan nodded in response, "Kozan, bled to ward the Amanojaku from the Family Shiimu, born of none.", he said rather flatly. Introductions with Shiimu were always quite strange given that they were bound to include the name of the Oni they were meant to ward. Those who warded the Amanojaku were considered middling members of the family meant to handle the darkest aspects of the Shiimu's business. They were protected from the dark perversions of the Amanojaku's influence and could indulge in more.....questionable acts. Thats what brought Kozan into existence after all. Kozan was especially interesting, however, as he was born of no house. Kozan had no family, only a master who designed him.

"The Seven Swordsmen are an elite group.", he said. It seemed almost if he was just echoing something someone had said to him, or that he'd read in a book. Hollow of meaning, but said nonetheless.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Willoria

Worthy Protege?

Post by Willoria » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:47 pm

Asami looked utterly confused, simply because she felt utterly confused. His question about how would he catch the senbon seemed utterly asinine to her and she truly started to wonder if some child was playing a prank on her. For a moment she looked around as if looking for the jokester behind this affair. The only person she wasn't looking for was Shinjiro, after all that one she knew had no sense of humor of this sort of sense. She blinked a few times and looked at him. "If you liked the snail, would you not have considered saving it from the senbon's destruction?" she asked carefully. "Did you not care enough for yourself to avoid harm to your own foot by blocking or catching the senbon?" she asked, crossing her arms and sighing. "If I had aimed either for your throat, you might be dead right now."

At least his introduction was about what she would have expected for a Shiimu, save for the 'born of none' part. That struck her as odd as well, though she supposed she had seen a note about that in his file. Even as he mentioned the group she represented however, his words seemed so strange. She drew one of her tanto swords and, though she didn't brandish it, she did take a step closer to him. Raising the hand holding the blade she shifted to rest the tip under the boy's chin and looked at him with a fairly serious expression.

"Tell me then, if I gave you a more direct threat, say I said I had a mind to slit your throat, Kozan, what would you do then?" Would he react to a more direct statement? Or was it still not direct enough? Shinjiro probably would have tried to run the boy through by now but Asami hardly wanted to stir up trouble with the Shiimu if he refused to act even then and she wound up killing him.

Being a member of the Seven didn't shield her from everything, and unlike Shinjiro she didn't have so much fame to fall back on just yet.

Ace Trainer

Worthy Protege?

Post by Ace Trainer » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:06 pm

Kozan listened to her talk, she was strange. Save the snail? How would he have done that? She threw them from secret, without any warning. What was he supposed to do, immediately set shields down around anything he was looking at? And why did she assume he liked it? Did he? He wasn't sure, he was just looking at it. He didn't see snails often. That seemed like a good place to start, "I don't see snails very often.", he echoed his thoughts. "I don't know if I liked it. I don't know how I would have saved it either.", he was transparent, at least.

"Dead?", he seemed confused. "I guess so.", flat. It appeared death was not a fear Kozan had, how coincidental that the boy who evoked fear seemed clueless about what to fear. As she drew her weapon, the bracer on her arm began to squirm to life, and as she lifted it to her chin it moved quickly. Wrapping around his neck and forming tight against his skin on his jaw, the brace solidified, protecting his throat - at least partially - from her threat.

"Why would you attack a Kirigakure ninja?", he responded. His voice didn't waiver, in fact he seemed unaffected by this entire interaction. Kozan had been given clear instruction; never in the village. What difference did it make if she was a swordsmen of the Seven Swordsmen? "The Seven Swordsmen are loyal to the village, what purpose would there be in killing me?" he raised a good point. HE clearly didn't understand it was a test, but it was a good point none-the-less.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Willoria

Worthy Protege?

Post by Willoria » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:15 pm

At first Asami felt she could see why she had been told to see this kid. He had no fear of her or what she could do. He was odd, in a way that annoyed her thoroughly, that much was certain. 'Do I really have to put up with this kid as my Dagger?' she wondered to herself. 'Though I suppose I annoyed Shinjiro too...' She was irritated at the thought, but she knew she couldn't exactly choose a Dagger that she would get along with every moment of every day. That simply wasn't going to be possible.

But her view started to change when she had drawn her blade and she saw what that bracer did in response. His lack of fear took on a new light in her eyes and old habits bubbled to the surface. Her eyes narrowed as she looked at him and his lack of emotion in his words felt almost like a cockiness to her as she rolled her eyes. "Tell me... do you really fear nothing or do you just rely on this to protect you?" she asked him in a snarl, tapping the thing around his neck with her sword as punctuation to her question. "Or do you rely on village loyalty to keep you safe?" she added, leaning in closer to him. "Before I bore this title I was attacked by fellow shinobi regularly. Beaten within an inch of my life for their amusement just for fun... the only thing that protects me now is my own blade and my own reputation... not even my title...."

She withdrew her blade from his neck and sheathed it with an audible snap, shaking her head as she looked at Kozan. "You know what I see when I look at you? Just another entitled whelp. Not someone worth the consideration I've been told to bestow. You're strong because its been given to you. I see no sign of instinct. You're no better than a mindless drone, obeying orders. And the last thing the Swordsmen are is mindless."

Did he still have no reaction?

Ace Trainer

Worthy Protege?

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:57 pm

Kozan blinked, unphased by his situation. He could sense some hostility coming off of Asami, the aura radiating from her was intense. She seemed angry with him, for no reason he understood. What did she even want with him? It had been very unclear. She was a swordsman from the SEven Swordsmen of the Mist, but was she just hear to try and bother him? Did she have another purpose? He blinked again, seeming to process what was going on.

Then she asked a question; do you really fear nothing o do you just rely on this to protect you?, his brow came together, seemingly ignoring the perilous situation he was in to contemplate the question. Would she slaughter him here? He had no reason to think so. Was his truth seeker upsetting her? The guard would retract, liquifying itself and retreating down his body back to around his left arm. He didn't particularly need protection here, she wouldn't hurt him. She was a Kirigakure ninja. Which she pressed on as well, even telling stories of when other shinobi had attacked her.

"But you're not them.", he responded flatly once more. "You are a swordsman of the mist, and loyal to the village.", a simple response. Kozan clearly did not understand the situation, or that perhaps his response might goad her even further. She was clearly unhappy with him as she retracted her sword, and began tossing insults his way. Not that Kozan would find offense to them, instead thrusting his brows together once more as he thought about what she said.

"Well I was made, yes. All my power was given to me. I've been training with it for 2 years though.", he said matter-of-factly. The truth was, Kozan's power was given to him. He was just a test subject with power installed into his brain. His body reshaped to the leisure of his village. It was hardly insulting if it wasn't true. "I was given every instinct I need.", this, however, was very much true. Kozan was a hunter. He was, by his very nature, instinctual. He did not think, he simply acted as his DNA commanded. Perhaps mindless was correct, but he did not lack instinct.

"Did you need something?", he asked, curious to what this was all about.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Izanagi

Worthy Protege?

Post by Izanagi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:41 am

Shinjiro wasn't in a particularly good mood, he had just come from testing a promising candidate himself and despite the boys talents he had concluded he would be better served as a member of the head hunters. It was unlike Shinjiro to think of others above his own needs though he knew each organization played an important role in the security of Kirigakure and strengthening each was necesarry.

He had sent his former dagger and newest addition to the seven to test another potential candidate. He had observed Kozaki briefly in Aroma country during the recent Chunin exams and he knew his predecessor. For someone more inclined towards ninjutsu he surmised that Asami was more likely to have more compatible skills and experience. On a whim, he had decided to check in on the pair and make a few observations himself.

When he arrived it seemed as though the two were still in an introductory phase. From a position above them Shinjiro glided with his large bat wings, noting the black chakra protecting the boys neck as Asami made a threat. However he pursed his lips in dissapointment as he noticed the senbon sticking out of the boys foot. Perhaps she had thrown it rather fast but it seemed like it likely would have been something rather easily evaded. They seemed to be arguing, Asami calling the boy mindless and Kozan explaining a bit about his situation.

Shinjiro had seen enough to know where this was going. Moving silently through the sky he dropped down beside Asami, making sure she caught a sight of him before doing so. The last thing he needed was to be seen fighting with one of his own for being foolish enough to sneak up on a trained warrior. "I take it you dont like this one. Ryu didn't seem compatible either, better as a head hunter" he stated dully. Shinjiro looked over the boy before him. "I knew your predecessor, Kozaki. I've seen your potential, with guidance you could make for a powerful swordsman. But in order to be of use to us, you have to be sharp. I dont care if it is an ally, if someone attacks you protect yourself. You're an experiement of the Shiimu family correct? You shouldn't trust so easily, an ally today could be an enemy tomorrow." He scolded. He had seen many Kirigakure shinobi kill one another for little reason, he had done so himself when threatened. How disposable was this experiment if it's makers didn't install a strong self-preservation instinct?

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Willoria

Worthy Protege?

Post by Willoria » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:48 am

By time Shinjiro approached, Asami was pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration. A couple years ago she might have lashed out, but oddly enough something she had learned from Shinji himself was a better control over her emotions. At the very least, only to lash out where appropriate. In this case, she was supposed to be evaluating this kid as a possible dagger, not lashing out at him like an angry child who was pissed he was far more entitled than she had ever been. Even if she was feeling that old feeling rising to the surface again from her days of bleeding in the alleys on the regular. She was almost relieved to hear Shinjiro's voice as he approached, at least until she registered what he was saying.

She looked over at him in surprise. 'He didn't recruit Ryu? The son of a former Overseer himself? But wants this weak welp recruited? Are you kidding me?' she kept her thoughts to herself for now, not really wanting to wind up fighting with her own mentor right here in front of a potential recruit.

She shook her head and sighed heavily. "This kid has no self preservation at all. He lets that stupid thing do it all for him. He's useless." she said harshly. "You want him, take him, but that test you gave me to be your dagger? He would never survive it." she told him before spinning on her heels and walking away.

'He wants to recruit this kid, fine. But I'm not leaving Ryu twisting in the wind either...' she told herself.

Ace Trainer

Worthy Protege?

Post by Ace Trainer » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:48 pm

Shinjiro arrived and Kozan was caught a little off guard, looking at the boy curiously. Everyone knew the famed host of the Body Genma, and now the seemingly defacto leader of the Seven Swordsmen. Even more interesting, it appeared he knew Kozaki, the original version of Experiment 82. However, it was through this conversation that Kozan was finally enlightened that this was a recruitment. He hadn't even been made aware he was being considered, and it appeared he had made it. His master would almost certainly want to know this.

Blinking a couple times as he processed this, he took in what Shinjiro and then Asami were saying. Self preservation? Survival? Kozan thought he was literally designed for that, what did she mean? Shinji appeared to want him to be on guard, however. He was have difficulty understanding, "I was told not to engage in the village. That I was to retain my bodies secrets within the confines of the walls. But you want me to stay on guard at all time to defend against attacks I have no reason to suspect or foresee?", he asked. How would he have noticed Asami's attack when he had no way of knowing she was even there. Slowly, his body lowered slightly, rising to a defensive stance as the truth seeker on his arm reached down to his hand to form two daggers that he held in his left. "As you say.", he was obedient at least. Or at a minimum, didn't understand why he shouldn't be.

"Am I being recruited?", he asked. His eyes no longer on Shinjiro as he slowly turned in a circle, taking in his surroundings. He had noticed he sensed no fear off of Shinjiro either, but he hadn't expected to.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Izanagi

Worthy Protege?

Post by Izanagi » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:42 am

Shinjiro considered Asami's assessment and compared it to his own obervations of Kozan during the recent Chunin exams in Oasis country. Further he considered the demeanor and skills displayed by Kozaki when he had met the experiements predecessor in Star Country and then fought alongside him in Soul country shortly before the war erupted. "He obeys...and he can adapt. That is more than can be said of you or Ryu" Shinjiro retorted, a bit of edge to his tone. He was beginning to grow tired of rebellious and overly moral underlings. What he wanted now was a tool, a weapon that could be molded as he saw fit.

For that purpose Kozan might be the ideal candidate as his next dagger. He had thought Ryu would be better suited due to their similar styles but the boy was far too emotional and unwilling to sacrifice. Now, he wondered what Kozan's limitations might be, perhaps an inability to organize conflicting objectives. It seemed one would have to be quite literal in giving him directives, despite his innate ability to adapt in combat his mental processing might cause issues when expected to adapt to changing mission perameters.

Once Asami left Shinji's attention shifted soley to Kozan whom he noticed was shifting to a much more combat ready position. "It's impossible to stay on guard at all times of course, but neither should you assume that Kiri shinobi will always be your allies. You never know who is planning to betray you or the village. It is wise to not expose your abilities carelessly but you also must protect yourself when threatened. As you continue to grow stronger you must always be able to assess your strength compared to others and decide for yourself if your chances of survival are better if you attempt to retreat or if you must fight. I dont care what methods you use; deceit, sacrificing those of less value to Kirigakure than yourself or even negotiation. So long as you dont betray your superiors or the secrets of Kirigakure then do what you must to survive." He instructed, clarifying his stance and his directive on the matter.

When asked if he was being recruited Shinjiro began to channel chakra, enveloping his body in a thin aura of wispy green. "You are being strongly considered. Show me your ability to adapt and survive. If you impress me I'll make you my dagger, dissapoint me and I'll cut off your legs" he stated simply, setting rather clear terms as he stepped back and seemed to dissapear into shadows as various shadowy figures emerged. It was a rather obvious genjutsu for those with a high constitution, though Genin and Chunin tended to be quite easily influenced by the hypnotic powers of genjutsu. In any case the illusions would be a distraction to keep him further on edge as Shinjiro moved silently and unseen, flapping his wings and taking to the sky again as he observed the boys initial reactions. He could have simply used his insane speed to achieve similar results but in this case his goal was not to completely overwhelm and decimiate his opponent but rather to slowly pick him apart and learn his weaknesses.
Jutsu UsedShow
Assassins Flight
A-Ranked Partial Kaerujutsu
This transformation allows Shinji to grow a pair of large bat wings from his upper back. Each wing is 3 meters long and 1.5 meters wide and typically brown or black in color. These wings are fully functional allowing Shinji flight capabilities. As an extension of his body Shinji has learned how to fly and move as swiftly and silently as he normally would.

[Genjutsu • Shadowmeld]
B-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu
Shinjiro will channel chakra throughout his body before taking a step backward. Anyone who sees him take the first step will watch as he continues to step backwards and slowly change form into a shadowy figure, vanishing from sight by the end of the post. For the next 4 posts the user cannot be seen by those afflicted and the environment will become dimly lit with shadowy figures emerging from the ground and moving about slowly, that disperse in wispy black smoke when struck.

Shadow Step
S-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite:[Stealth]
Trained in the ways of an Assassin, silent movement is one of the Karagata families most esteemed talents. Shinjiro can move up to his full speed, running or flying without making a sound, be it footsteps, breathing, the drawing of weapons and movement of clothes. Even his heartbeat is slow and undetectable unless an opponent has an enhanced hearing technique of equivalent or higher rank.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Ace Trainer

Worthy Protege?

Post by Ace Trainer » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:05 pm

Listening carefully to what Shinjiro was saying, the little experiment stood back up straight as he was instructed that he couldn't be on guard at all times. He was starting to get mixed messages from this whole ordeal. Don't be on guard, be on guard, sometimes be on guard, anticipate attacks, trust people, trust no one. What was he supposed to do. His brow came together in frustration, this was hard to really figure out. Assessing his strength compared to others? He could do that though. He'd already learned to do that to a degree, since he radiated killer intent, it was usually relatively easy to discern who was stronger than him and who wasn't. He'd become especially attuned to recognizing the same intent in others, at least to a degree.

The jinchuurinki let him know that there was some sort of recruitment beginning now, an initiation of some sort, how odd. If they were interested in him why not just invite him in? Seemed excessive to Kozan, but what did he know? Faster than he could anticipate, however, Shinjiro disappeared into shadows that seemed to be forming from nowhere. What a strong shinobi he was! Kozan's eyes opened wide, his bright yellow irises moving from side to side as he tried to breaking his vision through the shadowy fog that seemed to be forming around him.

He needed to find Shinji, but how?

He took a deep breath, this time actually closing his eyes and taking a moment to listen. It took only a moment for him to transition from being in the village to being on the hunt. His nostrils flared, his eyes still closed, taking in what he could. There was a person, some distance away from them, that he could only guess was watching as they were perfectly still. Kozan didn't have time to focus on them, though. He would need a way to invoke fear in Shinjiro so he could follow him. Fear. Fear. He focused his mind, the hairs on his neck standing as he opened his eyes.

He would need to radiate more killer instinct, enough to get just an instance of fear from Shinjiro that he would be able to track.

He began to hone his mind in on the thought of death. The scent of blood filling his nose, how many times had his master made him kill some random animal in a contained lab just to get Kozan used to the feeling of life leaving a body. Pulling a smoke bomb from his flak jacket, he threw it directly on the ground, remaining exactly where he was. Tactically, when a smoke bomb was thrown people often moved. If Shinjiro was going to hide himself, Kozan would too. By remaining in place he hoped to confuse Shinjiro, if only for a moment.

His mind returned to the thought of death, his heart beginning to race. Trying to send out a feeling of death, if he could get on a second of fear from Shinjiro, he could strike.
SpoilerShow
506/1000 training

Death Viewing
D-rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Kozan will focus clearly on an image of death in his mind, wanting nothing more than to execute in that exact moment. Momentarily, the killer intent he radiates will drastically increase in power to everyone within range of his ability. Those with a [Willpower] stat equal to higher than him will get just a flash of death in their head, creating a moment of fear for only a brief moment, giving Kozan little more than a general idea of where they are at. For those will [Willpower] equal to Kozan's [Willpower - 10] or more, they will be slightly more shaken, and will feel fear for the next 3 posts regardless of whether they exit his range or not. Those with less than [Willpower - 10] than Kozan, will also feel fear for the next 3 posts regardless of range, but will also feel slightly nauseous for those 3 posts.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Izanagi

Worthy Protege?

Post by Izanagi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:23 pm

Shinjiro observed the candidate. Already he seemed too be on the right track, keeping calm, focusing on his senses and not letting himself be distracted by the shadows or making bold or foolish attacks. Hovering silently above from the boy from a height of 10 meters he prepared himself to have a bit of fun in close quarters, growing a brown-furred tail first before producing a pair of 1-meter-long spikes from his elbows. Finally, he produced a set of claws. As he did so he could smell the predatory scent emanating from the boy, he had got a sense before just from watching his movements and feeling his presence that the boy was a honed killer, someone with strong predatory instincts like him. For a moment Shinji even felt a familiar tingle down his spine, the feeling of intensity that came when one put their life on the line, two elite predators clashing in a fight to the death. To feel such killing intent from a mere Genin was impressive, it reminded him of himself at that age.

This alone made Kozan worthy of a direct confrontation. Shinjiro was not much of one for long-ranged combat anyway though he certainly had a few options and even a relatively unskilled kunai toss from someone like him was still quite dangerous. Nonetheless, Asami had already tested him with a surprise attack via a projectile. Instead, Shinjiro would drop straight down atop the boy, literally just tucking his wings and falling even as the smoke bellowed out. As he descended at a normal falling rate, he found it peculiar that he didn’t sense any movement from the boy, sniffing at the air he confirmed that his scent seemed to remain central, though the smoke did make it somewhat more difficult to determine. It wasn’t a bad tactic at all though sight was the sense Shinjiro least relied on as was fairly common for shinobi in Kirigakure, having to often contend with thick mists if not simple from the environment than from teammates and sparring partners. Regardless of what Kozan did Shinjiro would aim to test whether he had any instinct to sense a close proximity attack, flicking his wings to divert him at the last second and tuck into a roll before springing back, forming a brief set of handseals as green lightning shrouded his spikes. At the very least this sound would give Kozan more to work with as Shinjiro dashed in from a distance of about 5 meters, moving at only 10 speed to give his opponent a reasonable chance to act as he aimed to slice across Kozan’s right side with his electrified elbow spike.
Jutsu UsedShow
Prehensile
D-Ranked Partial Kaerujutsu
Flowing chakra into his tailbone the area will glow green before sprouting a 2 meter-long prehensile monkey tail. The tail is able to be controlled as well as one of his own limbs, serving a variety of purposes and combat applications. The tail, being an extension of his body retains the same strength and speed as the rest of Shinji’s body.

Claws of Fury
D-Ranked Partial Kaerujutsu
Focusing chakra into his hands Shinjiro is able to extend 3-inch long claws from his fingertips which are able to retract at will. These claws are quite sharp and sturdy, equivalent to his strength stat.

Spikey Surprise
C-Ranked Partial Kaerujutsu
Channeling chakra into a part of his body Shinjiro can grow up to a meter long porcupine-like spikes from anywhere on his body. These spikes are only up to 2 inches thick but as sharp and durable as his strength stat and can be used to slice or impale targets in close range or be physically removed to be used as projectiles. Up to 5 spikes can be created at a time.

*Raiton • Conductor
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will coat a weapon they are holding in Raiton electricity with [15] Strength for 5 posts. This causes the shock effect to be produced on any contact with a target, while also granting blunt weapons the ability to cut through skin to produce shallow wounds. This also works for thrown weapons, however if the projectile remains out of contact with the user for more than 2 posts the technique will dissipate early.

Ace Trainer

Worthy Protege?

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:11 pm

Kozan continued to focus. In his head he latched on to the image of Shinjiro's corpse on the ground in front of him. The blood pooling on the ground into his feet. This would never be reality, but in this moment, this was Kozan's goal. The hunt had been initiated. He continued to focus on this, all of his senses on high alert as he stood in this smoke. And then there it was, if only for a brief second he sensed something. A bit of fear radiating from above him.

The Katagenma Jinchuuriki.

Pulling a kunai from his flak jacket, he kept his eyes closed. How Shinjiro was producing these shadows was beyond Kozan's understanding, but if he kept his eyes closed he wouldn't have to worry about it. He would have to operate only off of his other senses. The smoke would billow around him anyways, limiting his sight regardless. Still in his head, Shinjiro's crippled body on the ground. Could he catch the bannin again?

Suddenly a sound, like swooping. Something descending from above. He pivoted to the left, then took a step backwards to try and place himself just to the side of it. Shinjiro was quick though, just a tad faster than Kozan, though he imagined Shinjiro was holding back to a degree. Kozan let the image go for a moment, preparing himself as Shinjiro moved in. As Shinjiro aimed the spike at Kozan's side, he moved to block the attack with the kunai. But the electricity would surge from Shinji's spike to Kozan's kunai, and then into his hand. He'd drop the kunai, instinctively, the electricity surging through his arm and numbing it.

A tight sound would move through his teeth as he took several off-balance steps backwards. Projecting his thoughts back into killing. He wanted nothing more than to sink a blade into Shinjiro's throat. The image clear as day in his mind as he projected his intent to kill outwards. Another surge of fear from the person watching them off to the side. Poor bystander. But not of Kozan's concern. Shinjiro was still right in front of him. The truth seeker would surge to his working hand, forming into a whip that he would immediately crack forward. With only 5 strength and speed it was hardly any sort of offensive powerhouse for Shinji, but it would do enough in this moment.

Kozan kept himself aware, two options here. Either the whip would hit Shinjiro and he'd be able to follow up with another attack, or hopefully he'd be able to get another moment of fear out of Shinjiro and that would be enough to be able to zero in on him and attack again. He was outmatched either way, but one way or another he'd show his mettle. The smell of blood filled his nose, he could imagine the death no problem, it was so close to him. He just needed to make it a reality, or at least feel like a reality for his genma opponent.
SpoilerShow
1010/1000 training

Death Viewing
D-rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Kozan will focus clearly on an image of death in his mind, wanting nothing more than to execute in that exact moment. Momentarily, the killer intent he radiates will drastically increase in power to everyone within range of his ability. Those with a [Willpower] stat equal to higher than him will get just a flash of death in their head, creating a moment of fear for only a brief moment, giving Kozan little more than a general idea of where they are at. For those will [Willpower] equal to Kozan's [Willpower - 10] or more, they will be slightly more shaken, and will feel fear for the next 3 posts regardless of whether they exit his range or not. Those with less than [Willpower - 10] than Kozan, will also feel fear for the next 3 posts regardless of range, but will also feel slightly nauseous for those 3 posts.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Izanagi

Worthy Protege?

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:15 pm

Shinjiro was already pleased with the experiments’ reactions thus far. Of course, he was holding back considerably but the fact that Kozan had moved as he descended and was even able to block the slash spoke of strong instincts and anticipatory reactions. It really was like fighting a younger version of himself, though perhaps closer to his own level when he was about 9 or so and significantly smaller in stature.

The Jinchuuriki’s lime green eyes followed his target, the world felt so slow to him as he forced himself to give the Genin adequate time to react after dropping the kunai. The 20-year-old Bannin’s eyes narrowed as he felt another wave of killing intent and that tingle down the back of his neck. One might be surprised that a warrior such as himself was familiar with feeling fear but in his experience, it was a valuable tool, on multiple occasions even recently, he had nearly been killed when his confidence overwhelmed his natural fear response. But to have such a sensation instilled in him by a mere genin, even if only slightly was something remarkable. Was this a unique ability that had somehow been engineered into Kozan? Could such a thing be negated or turned against him? He wondered.

His eyes homed in on the black liquid substance, smirking slightly beneath his mask. There it was, that weapon that had been passed down from Kozaki. That was the type of thing one looked for in a prospective swordsman, something unique and powerful. It seemed limitless in its uses from his brief experiences with the experiment’s predecessor. Combined with this killing intent and strong reactions and there was no question he was worthy of becoming a dagger. Still, it wouldn’t be one of his tests if he didn’t break his candidate at least a little bit. The whip lashed toward him but Shinjiro held his ground, effortlessly his tail intercepted wrapping around it and holding it in place. He knew logically this was a mistake against such a fluid weapon but more than anything he was simply curious how quickly the large Genin could react and press an attack from different angles.

Not that Shinjiro would give the experiment too much time. He had connected them, made it apparent where one another was in the smoke. Giving a tug to pull Kozan to the right he expected to feel the resistance dissipate but whether Kozan was pulled off balance or not Shinji would dash to Kozan’s left side, moving at 15 speed but only striking with 10 Strength, shifting his hips and lowering into a lunge as he drew his crimson blade with his left hand. Drawn from the unorthodox position of his shoulder his version of Iaido techniques lent themselves well to swift and powerful executions, typically cutting his opponent's throat or severing their head completely before they could even understand what was happening. In this case, however, due to the size difference and shift in angle he would simply slash across his opponent’s midsection, dropping his shoulder to allow for a horizontal cut. The intention was not to bisect his opponent but rather to draw blood, and if it was blocked, he would simply push forward, shifting into a thrust and at the very least slicing into his opponent's arm or side. All it would take would be a slight cut and Kozan would discover what it truly felt like to be afraid. “It seems fear is your weapon, is it also your weakness?” he wondered aloud, assuming he was able to afflict the boy with the sword's curse, he would sheath the weapon and observe, simply staring at him for a moment before walking toward Kozan casually if he moved away from him, though one would be foolish to think his guard was down and he was any less dangerous.
Jutsu UsedShow
[Iaido • Back Draw]
Prerequisite(s): Ambidexterity
C-Rank Kenjutsu Discipline
An unorthodox and difficult skill to master Shinjiro has learned how to harness the Iaido skills from the drawing position of a sword strapped across his back. Any Iaido related technique can be performed from this sword position with the same efficiency as a draw from the waist. The difference is that when drawing and sheathing in this manner the user has learned to utilize only one hand, potentially allowing the user to wield more than one weapon at a time.

*[Iaido • Peace in Death]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 15 Speed.
An abnormally aggressive technique in Iaido, this technique serves as a preemptive counter, attacking the opponent in the split moment between drawing back to prepare an attack and launching said attack. Violently torquing the muscles in their legs, the practitioner more quickly accelerates to their maximum speed (or instantly accelerating to their max speed if their Strength is equal or higher than their Speed) than with normal movement. With this movement, the practitioner bolts toward the opponent and launches an attack, cutting the opponent as they pass to their side. This technique can be used while moving to immediately change direction instead before launching the attack. Properly reading this attack requires the opponent to have a Perception technique of equal or higher rank than this technique.

*[Zantou • Winter River Flows]
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
The physical training and mental focus encouraged by Zantou allows for the practitioner to adapt quickly and take advantage of opportunities to attack when they present themselves in combat. This Discipline represents the practitioner's ability to alter the direction of their blade mid-cut. This can be used to work around a block, or simply to act as a powerful feint and strike all in the same motion without stopping. This Discipline can make a Zantou practitioner’s movements difficult to predict in a fight.

Chaos
Sheathed across Shinji’s back with the handle over his left shoulder this Katana measures 32 inches total with a blade length of 26 inches. The blade in deep crimson in color and has small groves along the length of the blade for storing and transferring poison across the blade and down to the tip of the sword. The Durability of this sword is 35 and it will repair any damage done to it over the course of 1 full post. The truly unique nature of the sword is that so long as they have a chakra network any being cut by it will be struck with immense fear and a sense of impending doom. They will fear Shinjiro especially, often collapsing in terror before going to great lengths to avoid him. This feeling of terror will persist for 2 full posts after being cut by the weapon. Having bonded with the weapon, Shinjiro is immune to its effects. Coated with Touch of Mortality.

Ace Trainer

Worthy Protege?

Post by Ace Trainer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:27 pm

It worked. It worked! A feeling moved through Kozan's chest into his neck that he couldn't quite place. Was he sick? No. This was...excitement? He didn't have time to process what it was, but instead quickly jerked the whip, hoping - and failing - to throw the bannin off balance. It was unsurprising, but with justthe less speed and strength Shinji was using he was enough to resist Kozan. Instead, he unleashed an attack at the genin. Close enough now to see through the smoke, Kozan could see the bannin charging him with the attack. The whip would release from Shinji, the handle end of it growing out from his hand to form a shield. But, even in the close quarters the mounted defense would be too little, and the sword woud strike across Kozan's left shoulder to the mid of his chest before he could pivot out of the way.

The fluid weapon would weave through the air after him, slithering around his body to form a band around the new wound and forming tightly against it. He'd kick the ground launching his body backwards only 2 or 3 meters, as his truth seeker situated itself into place. Ideally the pressure from the weapon would prevent Kozan from bleeding. He didn't have quite enough experience to tell if the wound was deep enough to be something of concern or not, but he couldn't worry about it right now. Focusing on both his arms, his skin would rip open to form two tendrils, one on each forearm, that would hang loosely at his side. Refusing to give Shinji more time to keep him on the defensive, Kozan instead whipped his right hand forward, the tendril extending its full 5meters and slicing though the smoke cloud with his full speed and strength. He knew it wouldn't be much against Shinji, but at least he'd be staying on the offense.

What Shinji had said echoed in his head, weakness? He had never considered it. But, just as the excitement moved up his chest, it was as he was attacking that another new feeling moved through his back. He hadn't noticed it at first, but it welled up in him like a bubble, into his neck and then into his throat. It suddenly felt tight, and his breathing felt shallow. His mind was racing, to Kozan he thought it was racing to adapt to whatever was going on, but anyone else would recognize the racing was the adrenaline. The sudden reckoning of mortality sending the body into overdrive to compensate. He would grit his teeth, was he sick? He didn't understand this feeling. It was like his body wanted to be somewhere else. What was this feeling?
SpoilerShow
Hide
[Simple Tendril]
D-rank Nintaijutsu
[Close Quarters Combat]
Channeling chakra into either arm, Kozan will force the Samsara on his radius and ulna to rip through his forearm, creating a single tendril up to [Control]m in length. Kozan can control this like a prehensile tail, and has his [Speed] and [Strength].
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Izanagi

Worthy Protege?

Post by Izanagi » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:40 pm

Shinjiro was impressed. When properly engaged in combat and putting his skills to the test, Kozan was proving to be a resourceful and capable shinobi. He adapted seamlessly to changing conditions, balancing offense and defense in a fluid manner. There was so much potential for growth there. He could even use that weapon to seal his wound, or at least prevent blood loss. The wound would be painful and large motions would normally cause Kozan to bleed enough to be concerning after a long fight. It wasn’t enough to incapacitate the arm or puncture the aorta, but he had felt his sword scrape against his clavicle. It would be best not to press him too hard, less his injuries worsen.

The Bannin leaped back as the tendril lashed toward him, measuring the approximate range of the attack as he kept just out of reach until it fully extended. A good close-quarters range, perhaps it could even go further but his opponent simply didn’t wish to overextend. After all, such a small distance Shinjiro could easily close again in an instant and put the Genin back on the defensive. Still, the quick response was commendable. What was more impressive was that he had done so even after the touch of his blade and its unique attribute. This was the true test. Shinjiro observed the physical effects of fear on Kozan, he knew this blade worked even on beings that were not truly human such as Maido and Chisaki, so surely it would elicit a reaction in someone simply trained to block such responses. The question was, how would Kozan respond to such foreign feelings.

Kozan was distracted now, his focus broken as his body and mind fought each other, flooded with unfamiliar sensations. “This is the feeling of being truly alive, to want to live and to realize that death is only one mistake, or one moment away. To be a shinobi is accept our fear, to use it to keep our senses sharp but to not let it control us.” He explained evenly, circling his prey, there were a thousand different ways he could kill Kozan faster than he could even begin to perceive. Every part of him was a weapon that could rip, cut, or bludgeon the large Genin to instant death or an agonizingly slow and painful one if he had a mind to. All that surface area to exploit, so many vital points he could strike. But then Shinjiro lowered his arms and his transformations receded, his weapons each securely fastened in their sheaths. “Kill me” he ordered coldly. His body relaxed and his eyes closed, though Kozan would still feel the fear coursing through his body and still know that no matter how defenseless Shinjiro seemed he was a weapon capable of killing based on reflex alone. And yet this was the best opportunity he would ever have and his instruction was clear. Within, Vorashu began to stir. Intrigued by this happening. 'You're too strong to let yourself be killed by a pup' he growled, though the Genma could feel something strange about Shinjiro's mind. It was oddly at peace and in fact tranquil, retreating back from the conscious field and into the mindscape where he addressed Vorashu directly, appearing before him in a fashion that he very seldom did. 'We all die eventually, I'm sure one day humans will even find a way to kill your kind' he challenged with a light chuckle.

Ace Trainer

Worthy Protege?

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:40 pm

Kozan was sure this attack would do something, but Shinji dodged it so easily. The tendrils would retract back to Kozan, hanging at his side as he gritted his teeth. Every hair on his body was on edge, and he could feel his throat tightening up. His eyes darted from side to side trying to track where this feeling in his body was coming from but he could do nothing. As Shinji became visible through the fading smoke, Kozan would instinctively take a step back, doing so before he even realized it. Shinji had done something to him, he could tell, but what was happening.

Then it clicked.

This was fear.

He took a deep inhale, thinking about everything he knew. Trying to center his mind to fight through this feeling that was moving through his body. He had created this feeling in other people countless times, and now was his first time feeling it. Feeling a real emotion for the first time. The animalistic nature embedded into him was active now, his survival instinct blaring alarms. As Shinji spoke, Kozan instinctively took another step back, but would pause before following it through, trying to resist what every nerve in his body was telling him

run

Shinji stopped, however, and would eventually show an opening, giving Kozan a single order. Now there was conflict, his higher mind wanting to fulfill his purpose, his lower mind telling him to flee. His fight or flight instinct had landed soley on flight. He needed to run. He wanted to close his eyes to focus but his eye lids literally felt like they were on fire staying wide to keep him aware. He would lock his focus onto SHinji, trying to power through the feeling. Three steps forward. A single pause. Then another three steps. Pulling out a kunai he would hold it forward. Then it clicked, the fear would shift to overboard, eliminate. kill. kill it., Shinji was danger and if Kozan wasn't going to run his body would switch to offensive.

Without giving himself a chance to hesitate he would focus the terror he was feeling into a forward strike, aiming to plunge the kunai directly into Shinji's chest. But before he could even finish the attack the world would go blank. His body was experiencing true fear for the first time, his heart rate elevated, his breathing shallow, and the kunai would flail into the air harmlessly as Kozan fell backwards, unconscious
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Izanagi

Worthy Protege?

Post by Izanagi » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:51 pm

Shinjiro waited, fully prepared for the slim possibility that he would actually die. There was a strong chance that even if Kozan stabbed him or even impaled him fully that he would survive, he would have to be quite thorough and precise to deal the type of lethal blow he couldn’t recover from. And that was if his body would even truly ally himself to be struck in such a way. He had a feeling that his training would be too much to overcome through thought alone. He realized that even in the mindscape, staring face to face with the towering skeletal shaman, that he could still sense danger, the boys shaky advance, the conflict between two predators: a jaguar and a housecat. ‘He has grit, trembling, tail between his legs yet still advances, teeth bared and claws sharp. But he won’t do it’ Vorashu wagered. ‘I think he will. He’s like me, a predator but a true weapon of the village all the same. This is what he’s meant to be’ he countered calmly, hoping the boy would master his own instincts and push aside the most natural and raw parts of himself in order to serve the village and follow orders at any cost. Ryu had failed, he cared more about himself and his morals than orders. He couldn’t conquer his fear or his selfish ideals. Shinjiro had murdered his own mother to demonstrate the resolve one needed to follow orders.

A cacophony of howls and screeches filled the mindscape as Vorashu laughed. ‘I win’ the phantom beast stated. ‘We didn’t even bet anything’ Shinjiro replied, bored with the exchange. But he was interested in Kozan. In a rush of sensation, he found himself keenly aware of his surroundings again, the sounds of insects, a light breeze, the tentative footstep of a fully grown boy. The smell of mist and smoke, of blood and fear. The vibrations of a large stature, swaying and a kunai loosening in its grip. And then the sights of curly brown hair, slick against olive skin, and predatory yellow eyes as they lost focus and eyelids began to droop. The drop of a kunai and the clang against the ground. In a flicker of movement, the legendary assassin found purchase on a fistful of flak jacket, holding Kozan by the collar. Staring at him a moment, Shinjiro deliberated his fate. Vorashu had been right but only on technicality, Kozan had passed the test. It was only his body that had failed him, that could be improved, but his mind, his soul they had been what Shinjiro was looking for.

When Kozan awoke he would find a note in the left chest pocket of his flak jacket, emphasized by one of Shinjiro’s custom 6-sided shuriken with a kraken symbol etched in the center sticking into the pocket:

“Welcome to the Seven Swordsmen, Dagger Shiimu Kozan. Your first mission is to retrieve the Legendary Sword, Anger. Last reported location, the warrior’s statue at the southern tip of Soul country, now part of the lightning Empire. Depart Immediately”

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”