The Killer's Moonlight

Rain21199

The Killer's Moonlight

Post by Rain21199 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:52 am

Katta gazed up at the moon. It shown brightly in his face as he walked towards a training ground that he was meant to report to. Apparently, since Katta fairly disliked killing, Kiri decided that they would have someone train him so that he could more easily do it. If he would be trained using words or combat, Katta didn't know. All he knew was that Kiri didn't like the fact he disliked killing at all.

Katta always liked to help people. He had seen what people in pain have to go through and he has gone through pain himself. Even after being a ninja for three years, he still can't bring himself to put people through pain. His sword does nothing but cut. Before his enemies are dead they have to endure a lot of pain. It was something Katta hated about swords. The only reason why he used one was because his father forced it upon him.

Step after step Katta approached the grounds where he would be trained. The cold Kiri night sent sharp shivers through his spine. The only light to guide him was the moon. A thick blanket of fog slowly filled the surrounding area. He could only see 20 feet in any direction. This place almost made Katta feel scared.

Katta's feet finally reached the training grounds. He looked around. Still, he was surrounded in fog. Katta rested his hand on the hilt of his sword as he awaited the person who would teach him. Katta hoped this person would come soon. Standing around in a place like this definitely frightened him.

Mamoru Gerudo
Konohagakure - D-Rank

Resu
Owl Country - D-Rank

" A 7 for Zangy for example, is different from a 7 from Envy who is not quite a nuanced writer as Zangy is (sorry Envy), which is different from a 7 for Rain, who has English as his second language." - Onu 2016

TyDie

The Killer's Moonlight

Post by TyDie » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:55 am

The blanket of mist that concealed the grounds Kuro waited at was thick indeed, only a few beams of moonlight managed to penetrate the dense obscuring cloud... The perfect night for someone like Kuro. He didn't have to bother creating his own mist on nights like this, not that he was really anticipating having to do so on this night. After all, he had only been instructed to teach someone else to be okay with killing, not kill someone himself. According to the village, he was to meet a shinobi here tonight... one that was apparently trained to kill, but disliked the idea of doing so.

There wasn't a problem with disliking killing in the long run, Kuro didn't exactly enjoy killing either; but he did it. Sometimes it was a necessity, one that he didn't exactly enjoy but was more than willing to do should it be required. But apparently, this shinobi he was meeting wasn't prepared for that same situation... And so Kuro leaned against a tree under the pale moonlight, silently awaiting the arrival of the young shinobi with his eyes closed, carefully listening to his surroundings for any signs of an approaching person.

About half an hour or so later he finally heard them; footsteps. Coming from the north if he wasn't mistaken, around the other side of the tree. Kuro listened and silently waited as the footsteps approached, growing closer and closer until finally they stopped at what seemed to be about 3 meters away. His one good eye finally opened and stared at the ground before he leaned off of the tree and walked around the side, looking at the older looking boy with a sort of curious look, his head tilted slightly to the side. "Wait... Please tell me the village isn't serious about this. You look to be a good deal stronger than me, there's no way you're not prepared to kill for Kirigakure."
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Rain21199

The Killer's Moonlight

Post by Rain21199 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:31 pm

"Huh?" Katta turned his head in the direction of the voice. He didn't even notice someone there until he heard them talk. His voice actually made him jump, but he quickly hid it. There was no way Katta would show fear to this person. Katta could faintly make out his features. He had very long black hair, and seemed to be as pale as the moon itself, but maybe that was just the mist.

Katta remembered that the person said something. He was supposed to reply to him. Katta cleared his throat and tried to speak with a firm voice, but it seemed to waver now and then. "I have a slight problem taking someones life, but it has nothing to do with skill. It's just that I don't... um, never mind. I just need help, so help me alright." Katta was about to show his fellow shinobi his sentimental side, but he forced himself to shut up. Nobody needs to hear his feelings on the matter. He just needs to train.

Mamoru Gerudo
Konohagakure - D-Rank

Resu
Owl Country - D-Rank

" A 7 for Zangy for example, is different from a 7 from Envy who is not quite a nuanced writer as Zangy is (sorry Envy), which is different from a 7 for Rain, who has English as his second language." - Onu 2016

TyDie

The Killer's Moonlight

Post by TyDie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:14 am

Kuro couldn't help but shake his head and click his teeth at Katta's response... So it was true; The older boy was soft. "I would be concerned if you didn't have a problem taking life Katta." Kuro walked past the older boy, putting his back to Katta and sighing a bit as he thought how best to go about this situation. He finally got the perfect idea, albeit it would be risky if Katta actually followed his instruction. Turning quickly to face the boy Kuro would reach for the boy's wrist and, if allowed, would forcibly put the boy's hand on the hilt of one of his swords before taking a step back.

"I'm an enemy threatening your village Katta. Kill me." He then stood there and awaited the boy's reaction to his rather blunt method of teaching. If he decided to follow his instruction, Kuro would do his best to parry the attack with his gauntlets, but it was very possible that he would be able to overpower Kuro's defense if he tried hard enough. But Kuro had a hunch he wouldn't be able to do it; he'd be too afraid of harming someone else, let alone another shinobi of his home village. "What are you waiting for Katta? Do it."
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Rain21199

The Killer's Moonlight

Post by Rain21199 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:26 am

Before Katta realized what was going on, he was grabbing his katana. His hands were forced upon it. Katta couldn't help but wonder what was going on. Obviously the person wasn't going to fight him. He had two very deadly swords that could do some serious damage. Nobody would get into a fight that would end in almost certainty of getting cut. There's no way.

When the man spoke, he created a scenario where Katta would be asked to kill. The only problem was that this was a member of his village. A member of Kiri, and he was innocent. Why would he even attack this person?

Katta gripped his top most sword tightly and drew it. He was going to move forward and attack, but his body wouldn't budge. He just stood there looking dumb, unable to move. What was wrong with him? Although, Katta knew the answer. His mind is set on helping others, and making sure that nobody will get hurt. Attacking this person goes against his personal philosophy. There's no way he could ever bring himself to hurt a comrade.

Mamoru Gerudo
Konohagakure - D-Rank

Resu
Owl Country - D-Rank

TyDie

The Killer's Moonlight

Post by TyDie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:28 am

Kuro once more shook his head as the boy hesitated against him, only digging his hole further and further into the ground with his reluctance. Kuro on the other hand showed no such reluctance; as Katta froze and wouldn't budge against him Kuro's right glove shot it's blades out, his hand tightening to a fist as it did so and pressing the point of his blades against the older boy's throat. "If I actually were an enemy, you'd be dead." Kuro slowly retracted his blades as he finished speaking, letting them once more disappear back into his gauntlet as his arm rested once more by his side.

"That is why we can't be afraid of killing Katta. I would be concerned if you actually enjoyed the idea of killing someone. I don't like to kill either, I avoid it whenever possible, but i'm not afraid to spill blood when it's required. You are a shinobi Katta; It's the career you signed up for. No one is forcing you to stay a ninja, if you can't stomach the idea of killing, resign now and save yourself the mental scarring." Kuro didn't like the idea of watching another ninja throw in the towel due to mental stress, but if it meant keeping another of his comrades from going insane or worse... well, he would rather have a civilian than a missing ninja to hunt later.
Active Characters

Rain21199

The Killer's Moonlight

Post by Rain21199 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:46 am

Katta flinched when the blades shot towards them, almost ending his life. He trusted his fellow comrade, and believed that he wouldn't let Katta die. Then suddenly the ninja spoke. At first his words were comforting. They gave him some encouragement that even if he didn't like killing, he could still do his job.

When he mentioned giving up, and leaving the title of ninja behind, his words couldn't have been colder. If he stopped being a ninja, his father would never take him back. He would be the biggest disappointment in the world. He couldn't let that happen. No, he need to stay a ninja, and learn to kill quickly and efficiently without a second thought. He needed to be able to become stronger, so that his father would finally accept him. That was what he needed.

"No!" shouted Katta, "There's no way I'm going to resign. I'm going to do this. I have to do this. Just help me, so I can be better." Katta's eyes started watering at the thought of never getting the approval of his father, but he never let a tear fall. Katta stood up straight and unsheathed his sword. Whatever it takes to make him proud. Katta would just have to try harder.

Mamoru Gerudo
Konohagakure - D-Rank

Resu
Owl Country - D-Rank

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”