The Art of Conquest

Kabu

The Art of Conquest

Post by Kabu » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:05 pm

Jutsu learned 427/400:
*Shinden • Stream Splitting
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 10 Strength
Lifting their sword above their head the user of this technique drives it down in one fluid motion with their blade aimed to slash through or into whatever they are attacking. The force of this technique is amplified by the fact that their stance is aimed to enhance muscle tension and torque, allowing them to make the single slash a very powerful one.
Today was the day, Kazuki was standing in the training grounds, weapon in hand and an unfurled scroll at her feet. She was fairly certain that she was about to commit blasphemy in the eyes of purist samurai but she was determined to do this.. to learn the art of Kenjutsu, with the use of her trusty naginata. She had always held a certain amount of love for Kenjutsu even despite her training with polearms and at some point she had begun to feel the urge to combine her two loves into one. To that end she had been training herself in the basics for a while and now today was the day that she was going to begin learning techniques, one by one. And the style that she was going to start with was Shinden Kenjutsu, an art that relied on pure physical strength over technique in order to effortlessly cleave opponents in two.

First up on the menu was a technique known as Stream Splitting, a technique involving the user raising their weapon above their head and bringing it down in one fluid motion to cut through whoever or whatever they were attacking like butter. It seemed a relatively simple technique but looks could be deceiving. All that was to be done now was to practice until she got it.

Taking a deep breath, she planted her feet and steadied her body, though not before creating a clone to use as a practice dummy. One single powerful slash, that was all it was. With that thought in mind, she raised her naginata and brought it down with all her might.. only for her to lose control and subsequently for the strike itself to completely miss the target and only succeed in hitting the ground, knocking her off her feet and flipping over onto her back.

”Ouch. I guess that I must have put too much force into that one. Either that or I wasn’t sufficiently prepared to handle all that force at once. I could practically feel myself being dragged downward with it.”

Dusting herself off, she decided to try once more without hesitation. She had been prepared for this to take a while and so, taking another deep breath she backed up a ways and then dashed forward, her weapon raised over her head, upon reaching the target, bringing it down in a single mighty slash, her lips turning up into a smile as she watched it be torn in two, being completely cut in half before poofing away.

”Well that was surprisingly easy.”
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”