Returning to Duty

Diatenshi

Returning to Duty

Post by Diatenshi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:07 am

Tenshi was feeling more than a little nervous as he approached the HHD headquarters. It'd been three years since he left for training. He had reported in to Kirigakure headquarters first unsure if he was still in the program. The higher ups there informed him that he was indeed still assigned to the HHD and that he was to report tomorrow.

He wondered how mad Shiv would be with him for leaving as suddenly as he did. Not that he really had much choice in the matter as it was something decided by the higher ups in his clan. They had basically stolen him from Shiv not long after he'd joined the HHD. He was reporting in full HHD standardized uniform hoping to give a better impression and to show his loyalty to the unit. Behind his mask he was hitting his lip nervously.

The building was rather quiet as usual, the HHD being a rather small yet revered part of Kirigakure's military. He glanced around subtly the familiar atmosphere and scenery bringing back memories. When he'd first arrived he was a little drone doing nothing more than what was told as he strived for mastery of his clans unique element. Now he'd returned not only as a member of HHD but as a well seasoned Chuunin with more experience under his belt.

When he'd first joined he had never taken the life of another. Now he'd been forced into so many life and death situations by the senior of his clan there'd be little to no hesitation in doing what needed to be done. At the end of his training he'd been forced to kill another member of his clan that had defected after breaking the purity oath of the village. While they weren't overly close, they could still be considered family and the act had left a mark on his psyche.

When he entered the building he head straight to report knocking on the office door. "Aisu Tenshi reporting for duty sir!" He then moved to the position of attention awaiting further orders.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Flankingfox

Returning to Duty

Post by Flankingfox » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:51 pm

As the young man stepped into the office, he would be greeted by silence. As expected, the upper portion of the division was quiet, almost as if the young man had stumbled into a library. Nothing too exciting ever happened here above ground anyway. This area was simply the public face of the division, keeping it rather dull was part of the facade to at least give off the impression that they played within the lines. The lobby wasn't particularly interesting with a single desk being the focal point of the room. There sat the secretary of the division, Karagata, Midori.

With a somewhat bored expression plastered upon her face, Midori merely looked up to see who had stumbled in. Being quite shallow, she usually gave men a glance over followed with a quick rating. However, Tenshi must have not garnered her immediate attention. Being an extremely tall man coupled with being lanky completely ruined any sort of instant attraction. Meaning that he wasn't going to get any sort of extraneous service over what was required of her position.

With another glance, Midori looked forward at her schedule. Instantly she noted who this might be, in all probability it was none other than Aisu Tenshi. Reporting exactly as instructed without even using any of the undisclosed entrances. A question came to mind now in the young woman's head. Why had this boy been recruited in the first place? Or the more pressing question on her mind. Why was he still part of the division after basically abandoning his post for so long. Shaking her head slightly she contemplated just what went on within the mind of their commander. With a raised eyebrow and a snarky tone, she said, "You must be, Tenshi... we've been expecting your arrival."

Midori casually lifted a finger while her elbow remained rested upon the desk. Pointing toward the hallway leading to the offices she made a clear motion on how the young man should proceed. If that wasn't obvious, as well as to be sort of passive aggressive about it, she added, "Down that way near the end of the wall on your right will be an office with a nine etched plainly... good luck." With that she turned her attention downward back to the paperwork she had been doing earlier. There was no shortage of this kind of work, which was perfect for her because she hated direct conflict in the field. Combined with the fact their commander didn't exactly do much if any paperwork her position to sit and be pretty was almost all but assured.

Tenshi would most likely follow these instructions to that door and with a knock followed by a greeting he awaited for a reply to come inside. Playfully Karagata, Jhin replied, "Oh Tenshi! What a welcome surprise of sorts. I've heard about you kind of. Hurry come on in and take a seat, no need to be so formal. You've been a member of this division for awhile so take it easy."

What Tenshi got was a cheerful reply! Quite the opposite of what was given by the resident secretary in the front. Immediately, Tenshi would note that this man was from house Tsukino. That much was obvious from the tails and associated ears, but some were still caught off guard by that sudden reveal. The office as with the front lobby was quite standardized with nothing really catching the eye aside from the one sitting inside. There were two chairs in the front of the thin desk. These chairs were quite uncomfortable looking, but what had the young man been expecting. In the same tone Jhin commented, "Thanks for pulling me away from this dreadful paperwork! I've been meaning to take a break all morning, but the mountain just keeps getting larger. Would I be able to entice you into a bit of tea perhaps?"

Turning, Jhin hastily grabbed at a kettle and two smallish cups to compliment it. Quickly pouring two cups he pushed it closer toward his guest in the motion for him to partake in the casual act. If the young man did decide to take the offer, he would be met by rather cold tea without much taste. Another charming piece of this reporting to service formality. Ah, you gotta love your first day back on the job.
Characters
Name: Karagata, Shiv
Village: Kirigakure no Sato
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:1 C:1 D:0
Name: Sarutobi, Shin
Village: Konohagakure
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Name: Karagata, Okami
Name: Tsukino, Jhin
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

Diatenshi

Returning to Duty

Post by Diatenshi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Tenshi was rather confused when he entered the room, though he shrugged off the confusion and accepted it for what it was. A lot of things had changed since he left. He'd been expecting Haruna or Shiv, this man however he didn't know. ]"Thank you sir for the offer." He sat slowly then took the cup of tea. He looked down at the tea with an amused smile as he currently was wearing his mask. He wasn't about to remove the mask to drink partially because he didn't know what was in it and if this was a test, and partially because he could feel the tea was cold and had probably been sitting for a rather long time judging by the color, smell, and lumpiness. Besides he was there to report and officially return to the division. He was eager to begin work and to prove himself once more as a member of the Hunting Squad. The disrespect from the secretary earlier had irked him, treating him as if he was dirt and didn't belong there. However, he didn't know who she was or her rank and wasn't about to have a squabble over something as petty as a lack of manners. He set the tea down on the desk after looking at it and turned his attention to the vulpine man.

"You know my name and seeing how you're in charge of me at some level, I would appreciate if I had some form address for you. When I was last here I was under my relative Haruna." The behavior of the man reminded him of the jinchukiri he'd met recently, overly exuberant and playful. On a different ninja this might not present any form unusual behavior, but on a hunter nin it was highly alarming and strange. Tenshi was on watch for anything that could be a potential hazard. His mind couldn't conform this man with the rest of the organization. He was way to happy to have just a break from paperwork. The man's attitude had him on edge so he tried thinking of things that would help him relax even if just a little.

Tenshi paused as he thought about returning and the comrades he'd made during his short tenure prior to his training. His clansman Kyruka, Muramasa Takeshi, and Ren one of the few women he had a relationship with. It'd been because of her that he was taken from the village. A senior clan member had found out about his relationship with her, and wanted to stop it before it became to serious as it was a violation of the purity pact of the clan. It was why Tenshi's final trial was to kill another member of his clan who'd also found love outside of the clan and decided to defect from the village. A final warning of the fate that would befall him should he let his heart wander freely ever again.

Thinking about his old comrades, had him feeling nostalgic and knowing Ren had died in his absence made him curious as to the fate of his friends. "Also it may be unprofessional, but three years is a long time and I was wondering about the status of the other two men who joined with me, as well as commander Shiv."
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Flankingfox

Returning to Duty

Post by Flankingfox » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:33 pm

Taking the cup of tea in hand, Jhin drank from it slowly at first before fully partaking allowing it to run down his throat. Sure the tea had lost much of the original enticement, but it was a drink none the less. With a wet whistle per say, Jhin returned his focus back to the hunter before him quickly noting that Tenshi didn't drink any of the offered tea. Without taking offense, the fox simply continued with the motions. In a apologetic tone Jhin promptly said, "Oh, geez... My apologies for not introducing myself. Yanno, I can get quite anxious when dealing with new people, enough so, that I omit things that I had planned to say. Hopefully you can understand, especially as a fellow hunter, as we usually find ourselves in the field more so than the office. I guess I don't necessarily get to deal with people everyday in a way that would make me socially tactful. See again, I'm ranting off into a tangent. I'm Jhin, bled for the Family Karegata, born of the Family Tsukino."

"As I have already revealed, I'm not exactly in charge of you. We are more or less around the same level within the organization. I'm also part of the Hunt and Disposal Unit, occasionally tasked as a squad leader during a mission. Meaning that only sometimes will I be directly in charge of you, however you could also be tasked with the position and thus be in charge too. Not that I mind taking charge, however, as you can see from the desk here. There is a lot of paperwork associated with leading a mission." Jhin said in a relaxed tone as if to keep the atmosphere of the room to a mellow level.

Being a fellow tracker, but with a bit more experience, Jhin could tell that the young man before him was a bit on edge. The Tsukino couldn't blame Tenshi, as this wasn't exactly what the general populace would expect from the division. The infamous reputation of the division gave a generally stigmatized view on how the division would be when dealing with any of the members. As with most fabricated rumors, being serious the whole time wasn't going to do anybody any favors. If every member was a brooding bloodthirsty animal then many would probably end up hunting each other in turn making the division defunct. Then came another question. With a single raised eyebrow, Jhin thought of an answer but to no avail was met with nothing.

Almost surprised, Jhin answered, "Oh, I had forgotten you were close with Haruna. She is now the Captain of our unit until further notice due to negligence on the previous Captain's part. I'm guessing here, but when you two were working together she probably served as squad leader right? In any case, we are to get our orders and the like directly from her. Actually if she hadn't been busy, she might have conducted your reintegration into the division. Instead, they tasked me with handling you."

With a deliberate pause, Jhin allowed for that information to sink in slightly. This might create a bit of a mixed reaction depending on that exact relationship of those two. They were pretty much on the same level both being of the same rank, however with Tenshi's departure, she had gained more seniority within the division. Jhin watched for any outward reaction, not that he cared too much, just a habit of tracking and reading people.

Continuing in almost the same tone, Jhin continued, "To be completely honest with you, I hadn't even anticipated you asking about your old comrades. I can understand your curiosity, but I don't have an answer to the first portion of your questioning. Those guys were a bit before my time in the division. You can probably delve deeper into what happened to them when you are given access to the village registry if needed to sate that curiosity. Commander Shiv on the other hand was promptly promoted to Bannin just a few years ago."

"With that sort of promotion he became a integral part of the village, more so then he already was as the leader of the division. With that in mind, you can see now our plight. Then again, his trust in all of us doing our duty without direct supervision is greatly appreciated as it shows his confidence in our operations. That said, you will see him eventually if that is a pressing concern of yours. He just doesn't have enough time to deal with every daily when it could be easily handled by anyone of us." Jhin said with a sort of delicate pride that was accentuated by the emphasis on how they could handle things without any implicit instruction.

Placing the cup down on the desk, Jhin moved into a more stiff position within his chair as if to shift from that mellow atmosphere just a moment ago. In a more serious tone, Jhin made sure to switch to one appropriate for the business of today. "In regard to today, I'll get you completely set up with access to everything needed to do your job. That won't take too long, however, showing you around the facility again might take a decent portion of today so that you get an idea to traversing through the maze below. Before we do that, tell me about your training. Do you believe yourself to be able bodied enough to do your job this time around? I mean, without having to be snatched up by your family or the like. Didn't mean any offense, like, uhm, that you couldn't do your job effectively."
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

Diatenshi

Returning to Duty

Post by Diatenshi » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:37 am

"It is a pleasure to meet you Jhin. Although you clearly already know who I am, I shall formally introduce myself as well. I am Tenshi, bled for the Hirohito Family, born of the Aisu clan." Tenshi's voice would be warm and friendly trying to reciprocate the man's hospitality.

As the conversation flowed Tenshi would eye the pile of paperwork on the desk as Jhin explained how they were ranked within the organization. He wasn't expecting to be positioned as a team leader until he showed them he could handle the position. He'd been away for a long time and he was sure the Division was going to retest his skills. He paused as he thought of his training then smiled to himself knowing he could handle anything they threw at him after the grueling three years he'd been through.

Although Haruna's success, he was genuinely happy for her. As for Shiv's promotion he was astounded. Bannin was a rank of legend that every shinobi dreamed of reaching, yet few ever succeeded. "There's no need for Shiv to go out of his way to meet me. I'm sure I'll see him at the blood river bar eventually. As for Haruna I'll be sure to congratulate her when I return to the clan's complex." As for the lack of information regarding his previous comrades he assumed they had died. Otherwise they'd still be part of the HHD and Jhin would've known them.

The news saddened him but thankfully the mask hid his thoughts. He glanced back up at Jhin gradually getting used to the man's personality. Though more exuberant than most of the members he'd met, having a real personality was a good sign. If he'd been too cold and reserved Tenshi would've assumed the job was wearing on him.

"The main focus of the training was tempering my mind and killing my heart. I'd grown to close to someone outside of the clan and it was feared I'd break the purity pact. For the past three years the clan has had me performing various assassinations and throwing me into fighting pits to have me experience life and death situations. The final part of my training was mission that actually coincides with my role here. I had to hunt down kill and dispose of another member of my clan that had defected from the village after breaking the purity pact. I killed both my clan member and the woman who was with child. The task depend my devotion to clan and village and tempered my mind and heart. I'm more ready to serve as a member of the HHD than ever before."

As Tenshi went into detail debriefing the extent of his training his voice would grow colder, his mind entering his "work" mode. The experience in reality scarred him and taken away from his normal personality. The man who had a hard time making friends and finding love interest before, now found it nearly impossible to open up his heart to others at all. Even his own family members were no exception after being forced to kill an unborn child. The elder of his clan had turned him into a weapon to be used by the village as needed nearly destroying the young man in the process. Tenshi still cared about certain people but he was less likely to allow those feelings to influence his behavior.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Flankingfox

Returning to Duty

Post by Flankingfox » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Almost excited in tone, Jhin commented, "Oh, interesting. The Aisu sure are strict with those sorts of things then? I hadn't thoroughly expected them to go through with something of that intensity. Then again, your clan is known for their frigid demeanor. In any case, I'm thrilled to hear that you got the whole tempering of the mind down. In my experience, younger ninja often have an excruciating amount of trouble getting to that point without first going through something as you have just been forced into..."

As these words left Jhin's mouth, he paused for a moment seemingly taking in that information more thoroughly and what it meant in regard to their purpose today. The first realization was that this boy wouldn't be a flight risk in the field, meaning that he could be taken in more sensitive missions, whereas many new members are simply thrown at information gathering and or tracking missions so that a more experienced team can be sent in later. Since this boy had to kill a family member and a woman with child, killing a former comrade should be nothing for somebody so hardened. These advanced types of mission also require skill, how was this young man in that regard?

Back to the more professional tone, Jhin continued, "...You mention that you were thrown into combat situations? Can I assume you are proficient in holding your own then. As a member of the division you will be working alongside your fellow comrades, however, because of the nature of our work, it isn't always black and white per say. There are multiple occasions where you might need to hold your own against varying amount of targets. Are you comfortable enough in your combat prowess to perform when needed?"

"Before you answer, expand upon your strengths and or things you will need to improve upon... so that I may get a better idea as to your general usefulness to the division at this point in time. I can only get so much out of a file, so hearing this from you would greatly aid in finding the best fit for you here." Smiled Jhin in an almost pretentious manner. The fact remained as to the actual benefit this young man possessed. Was he recruited purely for his potential or did he inherently already possess something that made the old man take the risk of accepting him into the division where he could be killed outright on his first mission. That was the question that seemed to bother the fox who had been on quite a few missions with more than a handful of casualties. Cornering a wild animal tends to bring out the worst in a creature as it squirms to survive, doubly so for a ninja. With ears perked up, Jhin simply waited for a reply to his questioning.
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Diatenshi

Returning to Duty

Post by Diatenshi » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:56 am

Tenshi would pause thinking deeply over his three years of training. He thought back to the numerous close calls on his list and what would made the situation less dangerous. He also thought of the missions that went smoothly and thought on why they went so well. After pondering over the matter he'd create a mental list of strengths and weakness.

"My strengths revolve around guerilla tatics and assassination techniques. By utilising the hidden mist jutsu and my own clans techniques I can approach a target unseen and unheard, killing them before they know what hit them. I'm especially good at ninjutsu and fairly okay for my rank in Taijutsu. I also have a rather good knowledge of medical techniques.

As for things I need to improve upon, I have a debilitating lack of skill when dealing with genjutsu. If I'm caught in a genjutsu the fight is basically over for me unless a comrade can get me out. Though control of my body and technique is good, my physical abilities are about average for a normal person. So for the time being I'd say scouting and tracking missions for the moment. Missions involving direct combat should be held off untill my physical specs improve."

Tenshi would report in what he thought was an honest evaluation of his own skills. He'd even go so far as to say what type of missions his current skill set would be most appropriate for. While he wouldn't refuse any mission assigned to him. It's best that the ones assigning the missions know their people and what they're good at. "As for working to improve myself the big focuses should be on genjutsu first with speed and strength training secondary."
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Flankingfox

Returning to Duty

Post by Flankingfox » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:49 pm

With highly perceptive ears, Jhin took in all that was spoken aloud with a sort of playful intrigue. Sure the younger man took a moment or two to ponder on the question, but that didn't exactly cross him out of, formative thinking, nor did it hinder Jhin's outlook on him. On the contrary, what was said was actually impressive. This relatively light analysis was just what Jhin had been asking for without having to inquire further. A smile crept along the face of the man as he glanced around sporadically as if mimicking being under some illusion.

In a mildly playful tone, Jhin replied eagerly, "Ah yes, genjutsu. The most underused, yet arguably one of the most potent arts in the arsenal of a ninja. Don't worry, I honestly include myself in that bracket too for my apparent weakness against this particular form of dispute resolution. You know, from what you just said, I can tell we are pretty alike in terms of dancing style, meaning that I agree with your evaluation that you would be perfectly suited toward both scouting and tracking! For that is what I mostly do. That is great news, great news, because my last auxiliary broke his legs during... you get the picture."

Came the last words abruptly as Jhin attempted to keep whatever mission that was confidential. There was a bit of excitement in his eye as he pondered now the possibility of taking this 'Tenshi' out on a tracking mission. With complimentary styles, tracking would be so much easier than it usually was with pumped up sword wielding members who solely focused on only the killing aspect of the mission, ultimately meaning they were useless for about three quarters of the entire task. What struck a nerve was when the younger man mentioned training. To be honest, Jhin had no real influence in pushing Tenshi in a particular direction. I guess the fox just wanted him to be effective rather than incapacitated.

"I also agree with that direction of improving, however, as a member of the division you are also going to need to be highly mobile as our quarry isn't always the most cooperative. Your weakness to genjutsu is a tick against you sure, but can be negated with a comrade. Unfortunately, the other things cannot be supplemented. So if I can make one minor suggestion, bring your speed up to something you feel is acceptable... actually if you want we can test that right here to get a first hand glimpse of that gap?!" Came words that even surprised the fox who hadn't thought of testing the boy until then. What better way to get an idea on prowess then a quick test which would serve the purpose of getting him out of the office and having fun before the 'boring' tour.
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Diatenshi

Returning to Duty

Post by Diatenshi » Sun May 06, 2018 5:37 am

Tenshi would be slightly surprised by the suggestion to go practice now however it suited him perfectly as he would've
gone to practice even if he hadn't suggested it. "Hmmm that would be fine with me, I didn't have any other plans for today outside of reporting in. I would've gone out to train anyway. Like I said earlier I'm only about as fast as your average person most shinobi of my rank are much faster than I am."

With that said Tenshi would stand up from his seat and walk towards the door holding it open for the fox like shinobi. "After you good sir." He'd follow the man out and allow him to lead him to the training area.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Flankingfox

Returning to Duty

Post by Flankingfox » Tue May 15, 2018 5:13 pm

Oh, practice? Jhin assumed that this sort of testing could be considered that for all intent and purposes. Since training is exactly what Tenshi would have done anyway. This additional portion to the orientation was perfectly planned then as having the two scuffle through a friendly spar was both enlightening and beneficial to at least building a sort of comradeship. Jhin finished listening to the man before him, peculiarly the man mentioned again that his speed was below the average, meaning that the display could be quite disappointing. In any case, the task wouldn't necessarily be a complete waste of time as the Commander had instructed the Tsukino to get a decent read on the returning operator.

A smile crept alone Jhin's face as his now official comrade stood and opened the door so that they may proceed to the training area. That would be quite a cumbersome way to get to that portion of the facility. Instead with a flick of his tail he flipped up a scroll that had been sitting comfortably on a shelf at his rear. Lifting his right arm he caught it instinctively before unrolling it with a twirl in a somewhat queer fashion, befitting that of his foxy kin. Jhin playfully said, "We will go together! Come, hold my hand for a second or two..."

With a simple activation through channeling, the two would be reverse summoned into a rather large room lit rather dimly upon initial inspection. There was multiple weaponry scattered around the room with seemingly only two other members using the large room for their own personal training. Garbed entirely in standard division attire it would be hard for even Jhin to know who the two were without further examination. However, that wouldn't be needed as the two were here to spar themselves not to bother with anything happening. In a cold tone far different then previously heard in the relative privacy of the office, Jhin ordered, "Here is your chance, now display your worth..."
To be continued...
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”