[Plotboard] Uneasy to Heal

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:12 pm

[Plotboard] The Reaper and His Omen Getting into the village had been both simple and difficult. Of course Haruna had the proper ID, and Kasai helping her had at least earned him someone's ear at the gate. But as he had suspected his ID was old and it took getting Yuri down to help. The woman hadn't said much, still oddly quiet as she had been as of late. She hardly seemed to recognize Kasai, and honestly Haruna questioned if she even did. Once Haruna was in the village though, it was all a whirlwind of activity. She was rushed to the hospital, bandaged even. She wasn't sure what happened with Kasai in that time.

It was some time later when she'd see him in her hospital room, when the girl was sitting up on the edge of her hospital bed. She wanted to go home to rest, to really heal, but so far the medics were being stubborn and trying to push her to stay the night. "I still don't know how to thank you." she said under her breath, looking over at Kasai.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Zao

Post by Zao » Wed May 02, 2018 4:50 am

It had actually been a day or so before the crimson haired giant was finally managed to make it around to seeing the young chuunin. Their had been a few things that he had needed to take care of along the way and had even crossed paths with his old apprentice who had grown into a strong shinobi filling his old shoes and then some as the Head of the Hunters. A since of pride could be found within the old man's core at how the man had taken control of his destiny. While his mind was occupied with the actual reason he was still within the village right now and the words that Shiv and himself had shared on his way here on this very day played back through his mind the golden irises slowly panned across the room at the sound of Haruna's voice now as she spoke of thanks. "I need no thanks. All I need from you is to continue to sharpen yourself as their is change coming and it would be best if you were prepared for what ever the out come may be." Kasai spoke though he didn't completely explain his words leaving them a bit vague for the time being despite the pair being 'alone' in the hospital room their were 'cracks' in every wall and you truly didn't know who were listening.

The old man was speaking cryptically about matters that truly would involve the entire future of the village as after checking on the young girl and her healing progress his presence had already been requested else where. If it had not been for this request finding him after arriving at the village with the injured chuunin then he most likely would have left once more. But a request from the five families was something that not ever the retired jounin could ignore without repercussions. Yet, even without even going to investigate the reasoning for such influential individuals request him to meet the man had already pieced together the reason after finding out how the current strongest shinobi had dealt with the council. This was a complete act of disregard for the five families that were truly the base for the village and against the traditions of the village that had helped to keep the village grounded despite the elitist attitude that was rampant within the ranks of its shinobi.

"But let us not speak of such things." With a slow exhale the man seemed to be able to completely push the previous words aside as if they were never spoken and shifted slightly in the plain wooden chair that was at the ninja's bed side. "How are you wounds healing?" The sound in his whisper like voice seemed strange in that it held a hint of empathy for the chuunin as he spoke now, a hint of friendly smile found upon the man's bearded face now. Though in the back of his mind he still had thoughts about the strange and seemingly out of character actions of his former comrade, Yuri, wondering just what it was that was on the woman's mind. But at the same time he also understood that it wasn't his job to pry into the lives of others without need. If she wanted to speak of something then she could come find him as it was becoming more apparent to the old man that he return would end on one or two ways...
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri May 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Haruna smiled lightly at Kasai's response, nodding in understanding. Though he claimed not to need thanks, she couldn't help to still thank him. But as he spoke of coming changes, the girl tilted her had to the side and gave him an odd look. She was curious what his cryptic talk was really about, but she didn't ask. She had a feeling that if he could tell her, he would. Well, at least he'd tell her if she needed to know. She nodded instead and sighed. "Hopefully that change involves you sticking around." she replied, smiling a bit.

But as much as she wanted to hope he was speaking of good things, his way of changing the subject to asking about her wounds didn't reassure her in the least. It sounded like he was talking about something serious, maybe something dangerous, and for a moment she was worried. 'He's the Reaper... I'm sure he's fine.' she thought to herself, trying to dismiss her concerns before wrinkling up her nose and shrugging in answer to his question. The shrug made her flinch, a reaction she tried to bury of course. "I'm trying to go home but they're trying to get me to stay another night." she remarked, shaking her head. "I'd rather do my healing at home than here." She sighed again, looking up as a medic stepped into the room and Haruna rolled her eyes at him.

"Please tell me you can convince her." he sighed, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall opposite Haruna's bed. The man had long dark hair back in a single braid, tattoos running down the left side of his neck, shoulder, and disappearing into his flak jacket. Though the ink was visible just enough to give away his family ties. Karagata. "She's being stubborn, if she doesn't stay overnight-."

"I have work to do." Haruna snapped, glaring at the man.

He rolled his eyes. "Do I have to go dig up a Hirohito? Will you listen if one of them tell you?"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Zao

Post by Zao » Tue May 08, 2018 3:59 pm

The Reaper cracked a faint smile at the young girl's words about him sticking around, thought as he replied through his think lips that were almost concealed by his bearded face he knew that things weren't so simple for him anymore due to the developments that had occurred when he brought back this girl to the village. "Perhaps, but there are many factors for me to consider..." Kasai's voice trailed off briefly as if there was much more that needed to be said but for one so young as Haruna these were things that she couldn't possibly influence and so it was best if these items of interested were kept close to his chest for the time being as the only one who understood these factors would be his young, former apprentice who now ran the HHD. The almost glowing yellow irises of the old man seemed to shift to the window and stare off for a second as if in thought now while simply listening to the girl trying to demonstrate her rigidity in hopes of departing this lonely place.

'Silly little girl, but I can't blame her for not wanting to stay in such a place.' The dark clothed giant silently shook his head as the corner of the man's lips raised ever so slightly to the point that if one wasn't specifically looking for the muscle movement it would have been missed completely. Such a simple thing it was but despite her wishes and words of desire to go home to heal but it was not his decision to make at this time as his golden eyes shifted now from staring out the nearby window to the sound in the hallway just before the tattooed medic would step into the girl's room. From his demeanor it was obvious that he had probably been Haruna's nurse since she had arrived or at least most of the day.

"Hmm." He would finally turn his bearded face to acknowledge the dark haired man as he spoke directly to the Reaper now, asking for his aid in convincing the unruly younger shinobi to obey their orders that wished for her to stay and recover in the hospital for now. Kasai shifted his gaze back onto the chuunin now as she had cut off the similar aged man as he began to tell him about how the woman needed to stay over night, most likely for some type of observation and to ensure that she didn't have any type of adverse reactions or demonstrate the signs and/or symptoms of infection. It would most likely be for her..."Haruna-chan." The Reaper spoke as his whisper-like voice spread out through the room despite its quiet volume with its soul chilling tone of a man who had bathed in the blood of others for man years slowly placing his gloved hands onto the arm rests to help himself into a standing position now.

"Stay here till morning then report home for a day, after that I expect to see you back at work." After a few moments of silence in which the man appeared to be straighten out his clothing from pure habit the man turned just his neck allowing for his gaze to fall upon the girl in her hospital bed now giving only a simple nod after his words to her. Of course this was in no way an order as the old man had no authority to do so but hoped that out of mutual respect for him as a individual she would take some heed in his words and at least stay the night though by no means was he forcing her to do so. 'Kids these days, so full of fighting spirit...' Kasai seemed to be pondering something as his golden eyes seemed to almost dull over for a moment as he thought about all the young shinobi like her whom had never made it past the age that she was at right now.

Though their wasn't any other form of his thoughts in terms of body language or even the slightest of sighs as the man turned his inner thoughts to the up coming meeting that he would have to leave to short. Giving a gaze back towards the nurse as if to shoe him away if the sound of his words when he spoke aloud had not already done so for him...'I already know what they must be desiring for me to do and of course they have could reason to wish it done. But am I truly up to such an difficult path...my strength alone will be the deciding factor if I'm able to remain within the walls of my homeland or not, little girl...' He pondered much in his thoughts but would not speak such words aloud to the chuunin, at least not here or now...
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon May 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Haruna couldn't help a frown as Kasai appeared to give her an order. She wrinkled up her nose and huffed as she sat on the edge of her med, the Karagata medic smirking at her. "Thank you." he told Kasai before turning to leave the room. "I'll bring up your lunch." he told Haruna as he left, which only deepened the girl's frown. Once the door closed and he was out of the room, Haruna turned her eyes back to Kasai.

"If I'm stuck here, can you do me a huge favor?" she asked, reaching for her things on the table by the bed and grabbing her purse. She started counting out the appropriate amount of money before looking at Kasai again. "There's a stand around the corner, I get food there all the time and they know me. If you say my name they'll know what to make." She couldn't help a slight pout in her expression as she turned and tried to settle herself back into the bed despite being quite grumpy. "They keep giving me some kind of fish here and I just can't stand it... the smell alone ruins the entire meal for me." She shook her head and sighed, also realizing she had nothing to read and no way to entertain herself while in the hospital either.

"Maybe you could stick around for a bit, I could use the company." she said quietly. "I think Kuro is still on mission, so he has no idea I'm even here yet..."

Zao

Post by Zao » Fri May 18, 2018 1:18 pm

The old man let his eyes briefly shift towards the back of the nurse as he left before then fell once more behind the lightly tanned skin of his eyelids as the golden eyes seemed to be concealed in contemplation now as he heard the young woman's voice come back to life after the absence of the Karagata. "Hmm...". Kasai slowly sorted through the words of the young woman without once opening his eyes and then his hands seemed to lift from their resting positions and come together before then splitting apart as though nothing had transpired. But near the window on the opposing side of the room a sudden orb of swirling water appeared before condensing into a clone of water that rapidly took the shape and appearance of the Reaper down to the last detail. With another wave of his hand a small purple bag no more then three inches wide and tall passed through the air landing up the palm of his water clone's hand now before it simply left without a single word towards its creator or Haruna as it was off to acquire some decent food for the lady now.

"Returning with you has brought about a few issues, miss Haruna." Finally after a few moments of silence seemed to fill the entire room Kasai would finally speak in his normal soft tone of voice that drifted like a phantom in the still air of the room that was closed off from the rest of the hospital now. "I can only stay for a bit longer before I must then attend to these items." The first item on his agenda was a rather strange request from a man whom not even he could refuse to see: Hirohito, Fukata. This man's powerful and influence could even rival the Kage's in the eyes of some and was the principle head of the family to which his own small family belonged to. Fukata had sent a rather cryptic message to him via a courier after it had been discovered that he had briefly returned to the village with the young woman before him in tow. If it had not been for this encounter the family would have definitely not have put forth any of it currently pooling resources to search for such a old and forgotten member of the previous generation.

While Kasai didn't know the particulars of the meeting that was requested of him he had a number of very well educated guesses as to what the older man wanted from him now. A faint sigh could audibly before heard break through the almost non existent slit between both thin lips that were concealed in the red fur of the man's bearded face. "Yet, I can provide you with some company for a short while. Things are not that pressing after all, I'll be departing after you're meal arrives." Subconsciously the older man attempted to lighting the situation of the room with his words, playing off that the issues upon him weren't to dire as he could afford to spend a little more time keeping the chuunin company. It also gave the man a bit of time to contemplate things happening within the village for himself also.

"This Kuro of yours, perhaps you can enlighten me a bit about this young man who has so deeply stolen your thoughts and other things?" A hint of a smile could be found forming on the left corner of the almost hidden lips now as that specific corner raised just slightly. He was a bit interested in the man though it really wasn't for Haruna's sake but more so he wanted to start developing some essay upon the powerful youth in the village who's generation would have fully taken over the village at this point since his disappearance so many years ago. Though thoughts about the meeting with the elder of the Hirohito couldn't help but continue lingering within the back of the Reaper's mind currently...

JutsuShow
*Suiton • Clone
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user creates a clone of themselves comprised completely of suiton chakra. This clone is incapable of jutsu, however it's liquid nature makes it a very capable taijutsu combatant. This clone lasts for 5 posts.
◾Taijutsu: 6
◾Stamina: 8
◾Strength: 7
◾Speed: 6
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun May 27, 2018 7:27 pm

Honestly Haruna smiled like a happy child as Kasai's clone disappeared to get her some food. It was a bit of a relief to know that at least she'd soon have something edible, whereas whatever the medic brought back for her lunch was probably fish related and would only serve to make her feel sick. But that smile quickly gave way to an expression of confusion at Kasai's words. While she had hoped that upon his return Kasai would find a reason of his own to stay, she wasn't sure what kind of 'concern' might have risen. "Is everything alright?" she asked carefully. "I mean, are you alright?" she rephrased, wondering just what could have him speaking the way he did. His tones didn't change all that much, and his body language was very strange to try and read, but she got the feeling that something had pulled him back into the politics of the village and that only raised questions in the young shinobi's mind.

But as it seemed her questions would likely go unanswered as the man seemed to have a penchant for remaining rather mysterious, the subject shifted to Kuro. Haruna couldn't help a light blush, chuckling as she tried to think just what about Kuro had caught her attention. "Well... I think I already told you he was supposed to kill me when we met... but Yuri gave him a direct order not to. It was against the clan's desires, and probably the villages, but she was his superior and he followed orders." She shrugged as she tried to think through it. "Still, later when we got back to the village, against her wishes he offered me solace again but... I couldn't take it. Not because I didn't want it, I was okay with the clan's version of justice but... I didn't want him to make himself a criminal for it." Her nose wrinkled up as she tried to think through that strange time, and she couldn't really put her finger on when things began to change for them honestly.

"I don't know, I guess at some point we became friends. He helped to train me back to strength again, to my own strengths, rather than forcing me to fit the clan's mold..." she couldn't help a chuckle though. "Apparently he doesn't get along with clan leaders though. He follows orders well and yet... yet he wanted to join the Head Hunters and was forced into the Seven instead." She pursed her lips as she remembered how angry he'd been and shook her head, looking at Kasai with a shimmer of a giggle hiding in her eyes. "It was so funny to me how angry he was, like a child not getting his way. After all, to join the Seven is a ticket to fame and now he is the current Overseer's right hand."

Zao

Post by Zao » Mon May 28, 2018 12:33 pm

The older man would casually wave his gloved left hand at the mention of him being alright now as he spoke with a calm and almost carefree tone that demonstrated that he didn't appear to be worried now back to the young woman before him in her hospital bed. "It's nothing to worry over, just some old guys wanting to chat over some fine spirits." A hint of a smile could once more be detected upon the man's mostly hidden lips now as he turned his gaze back onto the injured chuunin as she finally began to go into the details of this young man of hers. As she continued to speak he was able to see that things were indeed more interesting then he had first thought as the man was somewhat of a rebel like he had been during his younger days but he had truly never had any clan to worry about to tell him what to do. Instead the Hirohito had been there to do that once they realized the kind of potential for slaughter he possessed.

"The right hand of the Overseer of the Seven? No bad indeed..." Kasai spoke aloud though the words spoken in his whisper like tone of voice were meant more so for himself than for the other occupant of the medical room now. The Reaper paused for a moment before continuing with where he was going with his previous words now. "...seems like I should acquire about having him cover over to the Hunter division. I'm sure that Shiv-san would love to have such a motivated individual..." As he started to finish his words now the man had moved back over to the simple chair next to Haruna's bed once more and quietly took a seat folding his arms over one another now as he was awaiting for his water clone to return with the food for the young woman.

"I feel that their might be a storm coming to our village..." From the golden gaze possessed by the retired shinobi, one could detect a flicker of his old self as it momentarily gave one the feeling of a powerful sword waiting to be drawn from its sheath and accompanying it was a wave of killing intent only found within those who had climbed over a mountain of corpses in their past. His thoughts had shifted only briefly to the possibilities of the conversation that awaited him in the noble district later this evening. "...after it blows over and if I'm still hanging around you should introduce me to this young man. I'm very interested in just how strong the younger generation has become in Kiri. After all, you all are the ones who are suppose to replace us old men." Though the future was not set in stone and no one knew what the out come of him returning to the village would be or the events that might soon be transpiring.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”