[Closed] A little chat

Fluffy and Zao - Swordsman stuff

Zao

[Closed] A little chat

Post by Zao » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:13 am

A young looking Kaguya walked out the front entrance of the Bloodriver Bar, after a few casual drinks the newly promoted jounin had been celebrating the tecent promotion with a handful of fellow Kaguya and a few other peers around his age. After the couple drinks he bid them farewell and after inhaling the cool outside air the man let a casual smile settle upon his lips now. Finally, he had been able to reach his goal of becoming a jounin and now he could set his aim to what his true goal had been all along, to attempt to make a name for himself not only in the clan but in the village as well.

Hitachi had always put in the work for what he wished to accomplish, placing his taijutsu training and work with his fist blade more in the forefront. This was all for one specific reason, because the young Kiri nin wished to have a shot at becoming a member of the prestigious group of Swordsman. Becoming a member of this group signified one's strength as a shinobi to the entire village, the man's goal. Yet, the man wasn't totally sure on what the best manner was in which to approach the situation. As he didn't wish to come off as overly arrogant nor did he wish to display himself as being unconfident or timid. It was this reason partly why he had agreed to a couple celebratory drinks was to help relax and think about what his next move should do.

The sun had already fallen below the western horizon by the time he'd stepped outside, some stars were visible through the faint mist that lingered in the air limiting visibility to ten to fifteen meters at this point. Both of his pale hands reached back onto the sheathed weapon, the callused fingers feeling the metal hilts of each that were cust made for his hand size. With this unique fist blades he hoped to be able to use them in place of the traditional sword mindset and carve a new path for himself and potentially others to follow...
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

[Closed] A little chat

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:43 am

After the young Kaguya would leave, he would see someone walking by that he might recognize. One of the few Bannin of the village. Jouchaku, Chiane. She didn't even seem to acknowledge him as she was walking back into the bar he had just left, her metallic hand clasped around something of a long stick with a bowl at the end of it, a simple looking kiseru. Making her way back into the bar he had just left, she quietly whistled at one of the bartenders to follow her without even looking at them as she was headed somewhere in one of the corner's of the bar.

After a brief exchange of words, she'd dismiss him quietly before setting a few things down on the table in front of her. A small wooden bowl that was hardened by usage, the inside being coated with what seemed like old charcoal and ash. A small box that seemed to contain a few matches in it and a small pouch that had some tobacco in it. Juggling a few things at once, she was placing some tobacco inside the bowl as she held it between a few fingers, lighting it carefully with a match that she struck across the table before taking a few short and soft puffs of it. With a soft exhale, a small bottle would finally be brought to her with a clear liquid inside of it, most likely a form of alcohol as she poured it into a small cup that had been provided.
Active CharacterShow
Character NameAgeRankVillageCompanion(s)Training/Lonely ThreadSpeech Color Code
Hitoke, Ibuku14GeninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00A5DB
Ogata Amiya28B RankIwagakure No SatoN/AHow Does A Brick Wall Train?SlateGray
Past CharactersShow
Kyoukan, Kureha [Inactive]30JouninKumogakure No SatoN/AN/A#d67082
Tamamushi, Shishi [Inactive]16ChuuninIwagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00b27a
Nara, Shikatsu [Inactive]26JouninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#7251BC
Shirahama, Sueatsu [NPC]36KazekageSunagakure No SatoN/AN/A#f96b07
Jouchaku Chiane [Inactive]24Jounin (Bannin)Kirigakure No SatoN/ACome on Jouki, I'm boredLightCyan

Zao

[Closed] A little chat

Post by Zao » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:58 am

"Hm..." Suddenly the sounds of footsteps approaching through the thin vail of mist brought the man back into reality from his almost day dream state where his mind was drifting in thought, his instincts were probably his sharpest tool as bright blue eyes shifted towards the outline of the figure. It was a female, a simple observation of the blurred outline but his eyesight caught that there was something odd or off about the figure's right arm. Though his mind was a tad bit slowed by the couple drinks the shinobi had a short while earlier it only took a couple moments to piece together the clues and discover whom the person was, it was none other than the Bannin of the Swordsman, Jouchaku Chiane! It took Hitachi a bit by surprise to run into that person here but before he was even able to turn and prepare to speak the woman walked by as though he hadn't even been there, not even sparing the white haired Kaguya a single glance in his direction as she did.

Though it would appear to be rude, Hitachi dismissed the actions because of two reasons. The first being that the shinobi actually had the right to look down upon other of her rank due to the status she held and secondly even if she wanted to speak to every person she met that had some interesting in either her position or the Swordsman it would be extremely overwhelming. Letting a light sight slip through his lips the man stuffed his hands into the pockets of the cloth pants and turned to walk away, a bit disheartened to say the least but he had truly only made a name for himself amongst the lower ranks as he came up and had literally only been a jounin for a few days at this point in time. Everyone knew that even though there were a few vacancies within the Swordsman, they normally came looking for those who were qualified while simply turning away those who approached them.

But a short walk past where the two shinobi had walked past one another and the spikey white haired jounin stopped suddenly, even though he knew how the group that he wished to join normally worked with recruiting new members and daggers, how could he let this chance just pass on by to at least introduce himself to the leader of the prestigious group of swordsmen and swordswomen. Slowly inhaling a breath of the cool evening air to help him focus the man pivoted on his toes spinning around to the right before taking back off in the direction of the bar he'd just left. Both hands were retrieved from where they had been buried in the pant's pocket and the left hand reached up to open the door before he once more found himself within the bustling atmosphere of the most famous bar in Kiri, at least there wasn't a fight going on right not but it was still rather early.

With a single sweep of the bar the man was able to locate the swordswoman seated by herself, a few puffs of smoke from her personal kiseru still lingered in the air as the waiter was just leaving her table after providing a small cup and what could only be guessed as a small bottle of alcohol. The man had pondered why he was going to say the entire walk back and even as he stood a few steps within the door way but he found himself a bit nervous for the first time in a while. Balling up his fists and releasing them the man helped to steady himself before approaching the side of the table leaving a bit of room before himself and the smoking woman. Using a slight bow for courtesy the man simply asked, "Good evening Chiane-san, may I speak with you?"
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

FluffyGinja

[Closed] A little chat

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:40 pm

She motioned with her hand for him to be quiet for a moment as she took a draw from the pipe before placing it down for a moment on one of the carved out sides of the bowl. Breathing out of her mouth gently and slowly, she turned her head to who was talking to her. Immediately, she knew that it was a member of the Kaguya. The two red bruises on his forehead gave it away and she let out a soft sigh as she reached down and pulled up the small cup that she had poured some of her alcohol into before draining it in a somewhat noisy slurp. The silence was awkward as she filled her cup back up before taking a deep breath. "Go ahead, speak up." Her voice was a bit more flat and showed that she was somewhat annoyed that someone had approached her right after she had gotten a chance to settle down.

Her eyes glance over him a bit more and notice a few small trinkets by his side. A pair of what she could guess were knives but in a different style than she had seen so far. "Wait... Let me guess... Swordsmen talk?" She was asking a rhetorical question as she practically knew the answer, likely interrupting him before he could even speak about what he wanted. With her hand back on her pipe, she gestured across the table from her. "Sit down." She commanded to him as she drew in another small breath from the pipe before letting it out once more slowly, doing this several times in succession before she would sharply tap the side of the wooden bowl and dispense any wasted tobacco and ash into it, setting the pipe down for now.

When he would seat himself, she would place both of her arms on the table, one taking hold of the bottle and the other the cup as she drank more slowly now. "I'm going to be honest, if you are asking to join us, you should know what you have to do... You should also know that lately, most of my 'applicants' have been piss poor, leaving at the drop of a hat. Frankly, I'm sick of it... so you are going to have to impress me thoroughly if you want this cause my patience is thin and my time thinner." For a bannin of the village, she was being far less formal than she normally might but she had finally found a break in her busy schedule to sit down and enjoy a moment of peace... before she had to go off and do shit for Kirigakure that dealt with some sort of meeting or other in the Land of Fountains.
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow
Jouchaku Chiane [Inactive]24Jounin (Bannin)Kirigakure No SatoN/ACome on Jouki, I'm boredLightCyan

Zao

[Closed] A little chat

Post by Zao » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:52 pm

As the man saw the motion from the woman, he straightened up his body allowing for the hands to rest in their normal position at either side and simply respected the shinobi before him and remained silent; after all there was a great deal of different in the status of the two shinobi at this moment and it was that status that caused the man to have a great deal of respect for the swordswoman. "Thank.." She had asked him to speak and the young Kaguya had only managed to get out a single word before being cut off as the woman's acute eye sight had already managed to catch a partial glimpse of the fist blade strapped on the right side of his lower back. There was a sort of flow to her words as he could only nod in response at the moment to her words that were short and to the point as though she didn't have time to beat around the bush and with a single gesture like before she motioned for him to sit across from her.

"Yes." Exhaling slowly the man responded with a single word and at the same time gave another single nod of his spikey haired head before performing a side step like motion and then sliding into the seat across from the leader of the Seven, unsure exactly what the next words from the female might be but at least she had allowed for him to take a seat when she could have simply gestured for him to leave without even offering him a response or reason. The old wooden chair wasn't exactly comfortable, but Hitachi had never had a comfortable life to begin with so he didn't even notice as his bright blue eyes looked across the table at Chiane, the one in complete control of the situation as it appeared the woman had something that she wanted to tell him and the man could only hope that it wasn't a complete dismissal. Sitting up almost perfectly straight the man's spikey white hair seemed to not even move during the whole process of sitting down,

Yet, what he got was much less formal then he would have expected from a Bannin of the great village of Kirigakure, but this caused the man to actually respect the woman a little bit more and he words were something that actually surprised him. Of course there had been other applicants as there were vacancies within the group for a while now but it was only now that he heard the truth of why. It honestly caused the man to narrow his eyes, for someone to receive such an opportunity only to leave at the drop of a hat, how disgraceful could one be to themselves and the village, did they not have even an ounce of willpower or honor within them? It actually angered the man who kept the thought suppressed at the moment and pushed it into the back of his mind as he focused on the woman setting across from him.

"While I will not claim to be the best swordsman and my fist blades are not the traditional sword, I can guarantee that I do have some skill and my will power and honor would not allow for me to quit like those 'applicants' you spoke of." The words that managed to exit from the man's thin lip after a few moments of silent thought came out as confident but not arrogant as he spoke in reply to the Leader of the Seven in this moment, speaking straight and true to her as he finished up with, "As for if I can thoroughly impress you, only you can be the judge of that, Chiane-san." Finishing up his last sentences the man withdrew the two hands that had been quietly setting within his lap and brought them together either the right hand forming a fist that was encompassed by the left hand in a recognized martial salute to the figure before him.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

FluffyGinja

[Closed] A little chat

Post by FluffyGinja » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:52 pm

"Skill and power are all well and good but do you have loyalty? Can you stick to it even when it is bleak? Can you do what others can't do even if you yourself are incapable?" She asked him as she tapped her metallic arm for a moment before she pulled out a small container where she grabbed what looked like shredded tobacco before placing it back into the pipe and lighting it was yet another match. A few short puffs later, she let out a soft sigh. "To become a swordsman, you need to fight one... and I'm the only one right now." She was firm in this as she quietly reached down and pulled out her sheathed blade, placing it inside its sheathe on the table so that he could see it. "I don't want to fight right now. I want to enjoy a drink, a smoke, and a meal... So if you want to do more than talk, come find me later." She said as she placed her pipe down for a moment to take yet another drink.

"That being said, fist blades? Reverse grip, holding them, assuming you throw modified punches. Similar to Tonfa?" She was asking these questions rapid fire as if she had seen them before or at least dealt with them once or twice. "Do they do anything special? I ask not because it is necessary but it seems everyone I talk to these days has some special weapon but can't wield it worth a cock." She let out a huff of laughter through her nose as she took another drink from her small cup before refilling it. She had not once offered anything to him but she was frankly not willing to. "Plus, Kaguya, right? I'm surprised you don't use your bones instead but maybe all the Kaguya I deal with are obsessed little freaks who care more about what their sickness grants them than actually trying to branch out and stand out." She shrugged her shoulders. Her words were harsh but there was a grain of truth to them. "Although, Kawazaiwa are nice folk... Never met a rude one and they typically let people do what they please so makes it easier on me."
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow

Zao

[Closed] A little chat

Post by Zao » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:23 pm

As the leader of the seven and currently the only remaining member of the group after certain circumstances, began to restock her tobacco the man only replied with a few words to her series of rapid fire questions, "Loyalty is all a Kaguya knows, until an honorable death I would never stop.". After which he allowed for her to relit the small smoking pipe and enjoy its feeling for a few moments, waiting on her next response or question directed towards him. When she reiterated that she was the only remaining one, he couldn't help but sigh to himself at the thought of the glorious achievements that had been accomplished by the group in the past during his youth. Shaking his head the man said, "Of course, another time that is more convenient for you, I didn't come expecting you to engage in a fight during your off time here at Bloodriver." His bright blue eyes couldn't help but glance down at the sheathed weapon that had been placed upon the table as he responded.

After the drink was consumed the direction of the conversation shifted onto his weapon of choice, the curved fist blades as the woman had already analyzed them and brought forth a few quick guesses based on her own experience with other similar weapons such as Tonfa. A slight smile crossed his lips as he reached back to remove one of the curved bladed fist weapons before placing it down upon the empty spot of the table directly in front of him. "It is somewhat similar, using a mixture of boxing, kick boxing, muay tai, and some other styles. Blending them to balance power, speed, and agility. As for being special, they are a little bit special but it isn't that worthy to talk about at the moment." Hitachi attempted to keep up with the rapid assault of questions she directed towards the young man now before she spoke about some who weren't able to wield their own weapons, even letting out a laugh which caused the man to laugh somewhat to himself.

"One who cannot wield their own weapon would be a disgrace to those who wish to be a swordsman." The man couldn't help but comment as she took a drink from her liquor cup once more before taking the time to refill it during his words, not taking offense to not being offered anything as it was not his table or drink and honestly didn't even let it cross his mind. "While I've never utilized my bones as a main weapon, I feel that they are more suited for secondary options to increase the lethality of the main weapons and as impressive defensive armor." Answer the question about why he choose his weapons over the natural ability of his body the man removed the weapon from the table allowing it to be sheathed with the precision that came with hundreds or even thousands of repetitions. "They only care about how effective of a tool we are to the village, not the means through which we become that lethal tool, Chiane-san."
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

FluffyGinja

[Closed] A little chat

Post by FluffyGinja » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:26 pm

"Hmmm... At least you are not like some Kaguya I know. All they seem to care about is their bones..." She muttered that under her breath as she quietly went to take up another drink before sighing and shaking her head. "Well, at least they got one thing right. Tools are effective, just depends on what job they perform. That being said... You better be effective." She firmly stated as she was going to whistle over the barkeeper, speaking to them quickly as they approached. "Frankly, I've not the time nor patience if you aren't... So, sometime this week, come see me in the Kage building. At my office. If you need directions, ask someone in the building, they will point you to me." Her fingers stretched outwards on her regular arm, her eyes closed for a moment before letting them open back up.

"Now, if you don't mind... I'd like to enjoy my evening alone now. If you do come back and see me, you will be tested then..." It was clear she was done with this sort of affair, wanting to actually enjoy what little free time she had.
Active CharacterShow
Past CharactersShow

Zao

[Closed] A little chat

Post by Zao » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:41 pm

The woman was blunt, but being a Kaguya it was a type of personality that the young man could easily appreciate in a superior and only nodded as she began to speak directly to him that he better be effective, and that she did not have the time or the patience to deal with anything else. He would need to go visit the Kage building later in the week to find her and then he would be tested, though he wondered if he would really be fighting with her or perhaps she would have some other type of test in mind for him. Either way, at least the man had a shot of attaining one of his most dominate desires and the next step was all on him. Failure or success resting firmly on his own blades, nothing could be better for someone who loved the blade so much and had dedicate such a large portion of his time and effort into.

A pleased smile eased onto the white haired man's face, with that the weapon seemed to disappear from the table top and found its home once more on the sheath placed on the right side of his lower back, which would then be followed with Hitachi standing up and offering the woman a marital style salute with both of his hands. Then as one hand descended it touched the table for just a moment as some money was left on the table to pay for the shinobi's drink as a bit of thinks for even speaking with him and at least giving him an opportunity to later prove if he has what it takes to inherent the mantle of a swordsman. Then in a blink of an eye the man disappeared before seeming to almost reappear behind the woman's chair about two meters away, looking over his right shoulder with the man's brilliant blue eyes he spoke a few words, "Thank you for you time, Miss Chiane." Before his body blurred like a ghostly figure and in the next moment he had already left the bar, reenergized and solely focused on the opportunity that would be placed before him next week...he had to take it, he had to succeed.
Jutsu UsedShow
[White Ghost Mirage]
A-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 30 Speed
The user of this technique will take a moment to prepare themselves before dashing at full speed around an opponent in order to strike them from behind. The strength of this technique comes from the extreme acceleration used in it, causing those with 5 less Taijutsu+Instinct/2 than the user’s speed to be unable to follow the user’s movement at all. The user will then unload a series of powerful attacks at the opponent from their new position.

[True Phantom]
A-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: 35 Instinct, Stealth
Taking the art of hunting into the realm of combat, the user is able to stalk a target with the skill rivaling any professional, moving up to their full speed while shadowing the movements of their prey and moving with the utmost silence. So long as their (Taijutsu+Instinct)/2 is higher than the target's Instinct then they will be able to approach them undetected by traditional means. Often this means the target isn’t even aware of the user's presence until the attack has already begun.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”