Frozen should have Won an Oscar

Diego

Post by Diego » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:24 pm

It was storming that day in Kirigakure, the day Yuu won and lost himself all at once. Yuu had woken up early as he did most days, before the sun rose. The rain was already falling when he awoke, still he began his morning routine. He helped to prepare breakfast and opened up the windows in order to let some air into the house. The house rain and moss mixture brought in a sweet smell that lingered over the rice and eggs. He waited for a while, sitting with his mother, wondering if the rain would stop.

As morning turned to afternoon the rain never let up. Yuu wasn't going to let the poor weather stop his day, so he brought out his large straw cone hat and buttoned up his raincoat. He never liked umbrellas much and enjoyed the little drops of rain that would fall from the brims of his hat. Lastly he slipped on his large rubber boots and placed chopsticks in his back pocket.

“I’ll be back soon!” He shouted to his mother before stepping out the door.

He walked through the outskirts of the village, down the dirt roads paved from many travelers before him. Skipping along and occasionally jumping in small puddles forming on the ground. I hope the contest doesn't get canceled. Yuu found himself thinking as he splashed about. It shouldn't be though, since its indoors. I wonder how many people are going to come to something like this? Maybe they'll cheer for me! He continued to wonder about, fantasizing about a crowd of people screaming his name. Soon he had made it to the center of town, just a few blocks from Dunking Dumplings. He was going to win the eating contest, and bring home the years supply of dumplings!
Last edited by Diego on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daihekei, Yuu
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Lumine

Just the Tip

Post by Lumine » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:39 am

Lumine looked up to the sky as it seemed like a really bad day, a bad omen in the sky as the rain drops started to fall. It seemed as if the sun refused to rise as he took to stretching left and stretching right and then set off into the rain. He only had a t-shirt and a black shorts on as his other clothes got torn the other day. He did not really care since he needed to get used to water more, he was a suiton element user and this was the water country. He began the day looking around, he finally came across a food stall and simply asked for a breakfast pack which was just two boiled eggs, a slice of bacon, two slices of bread and some orange juice as he bowed his head to thank the lady as he walked off. The higher ups or nobler members of the family got things like steak, ribs, strange sodas and so on instead and even yoghurt at times too.

Lumine was shivering a bit as he stepped barefoot into puddles of water and sometimes small pools as his ankles got soaked as well, not that it mattered with how the rain was beating down on him. Lumine had his breakfast and finally set his path on the central area in order to secure some decent food for the year in the dumpling contest, he probably stood no chance. However he heard the big eaters from the previous two years were told they not allowed to enter anymore after eating so well they ran out of dumplings. It was then he saw a familiar looking face, but he just could not remember who it was as he had a vague recollection of mermaids and fish, simply shaking his head as he decided to not think too much about it. He would defeat anyone who got in the way of his food supply, or at least that was what Lumine kept telling himself as the doors opened and he moved in quick as he began shivering and twirling himself a bit to get the excess water off while others shook off their umbrellas, or tilted their hats as he was preparing to face his greatest challenge for the day. Finding the space for all those dumplings as he was going to have a tough battle with the dumplings this year.

Diego

Just the Tip

Post by Diego » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:19 pm

There was a small crowd gathered around the Dumpling shop and people began to pour through the doors. The place was bigger then most simple food stands, much bigger, as it was a full blown restaurant, dedicated solely to dumplings. The tables of the restaurant were all cleared out with a long bench and table replacing them, seemingly where the contest would be held. Other then that there was an open floor in front for people to watch and cheer on other partaking in the event. To Yuu’s surprise there wasn't much other people his age. The group was mostly there was older men, who seemed to be construction or city workers, of the working class. Their families were here as well, as most of the people cheering seemed to be cheering for their next couple meals. Yuu wasn't distracted by this, as unlike most full time ninjas, him and his mother still struggled time to time with meals. Him and the working class of Kirigakure were in the same boat so to say.

Just then he spotted another youngster, really the only other kid at the event. Yuu showed his emotion and smiled as he wasn't alone anymore in the sea of adults and families. He rushed over to the kid and introduced himself.

”Yo! Are you in the dumpling eating contest too? I’m Yuu, and I’m gonna win,” He said, in a playfully competitive manor.

Daihekei, Yuu
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Lumine

Just the Tip

Post by Lumine » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:51 am

Lumine was starting to feel a bit sleepy and then someone just appeared in front of him with a smile on their faces as he moved his clasped hand to his chest again as a defensive measure. The boy asked if he was in the dumpling contest as well and he simply nodded and before he could even open his mouth this boy said his name and that he was going to win as he felt some sweat dripping from the side of his head.

"I'm Lumine, if you win can I get some of the dumplings please?"
, as he did not care about winning, he only cared about the dumplings. A couple of people noticed as well as Lumine that there was someone running really fast delivering a large supply of dumplings for the contest like a well trained martial artist as the guy just ran off as Lumine wondered if that was some special delivery shinobi. He only looked that way cause it just looked as if the dumplings magically appeared if you did not notice the guy stop to have them stamp that the delivery was successful. Though Lumine did tilt his head to the side, his hair hanging to one side as he wondered why this boy was so full of energy. How were they even suppose to win with that one sumo wrestler looking guy, that other large army looking guy as he began to wonder if they even had a chance with their small stomachs in the first place.

Diego

Post by Diego » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:28 pm

Yuu noticed the delivery man as well, following Lumine’s eyes. It was strange to see a fellow ninja doing something to trivial as delivering dumplings to a local shop. Maybe it's some sort of D rank mission, or even E, He thought to himself. Doesn't the village have regular delivery men, or at least this place would have been prepared for this competition in advanced. I mean they do make their own dumplings right, there famous for them. Yuu didn't pay much attention to the deliverer however and noticed as well the giant sumo looking man chuckling around a group of men about the same size. He smiled at the fact that there seemed to be some real competition for him to face.

”No way jose,” He said back to Lumine. ”I’m winning this contest and I’m eating my years fill after. Maybe you can come over sometime when we got the dumplings though."

He didn't want to be mean to the kid he had just met. Lumine was also the only other kid in the competition, so it would make sense for them to stick together through it all. Nonetheless the sumo wrestler was still very intriguing. As Yuu’s excitement grew so did his competitiveness.

”Follow me.”

Yuu began to walk over to the large men huddled together. The one who seemed to be in the competition was standing in the middle of a group with four other men just a little smaller than him. The sumo was big, the closer Yuu got the larger the man seemed to grow. He was wearing shorts and sandals, without a shirt on as well, just a small bib that barely covered his neck. However the man wasn't grotesque, his body seemed to be well maintained and strong even with his large belly. As Yuu stepped in front of him the men were laughing over something about jugs. He stood looking up at the chungus of a man, only being a little bit taller than the man's waist.

”Looks like you're the main competition today. You know what they say though, the fatter the boar, the stranger the whore.”

All the men paused for a moment before bursting out in laughter again. Probably at the site of this young boy trying to intimidate them.

Daihekei, Yuu
Kirigakure no Sato
Genin
[color=#AA72BF]

Lumine

Post by Lumine » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:50 pm

Yuu said there was no way he could give him the prize if he won the contest and that he would eat the years fill as Lumine looked down dejected as if having lost his prize. The boy invited Lumine to come over some time to eat some dumplings as if there was no way he would lose this competition, Lumine began to wonder where all this confidence came from.

Lumine just heard the words to follow and so he did, upon reaching a group of large men huddled together around the Sumo who was not only huge but boasting great confidence. Then Yuu spoke about something of a boar and a whore as it made no sense at all to Lumine. The men burst out in laughter as he noticed something was up and then the one guy moved closer towards Lumine and said.

"Your little friend does not stand a chance, but if you want to enjoy some dumplings you can feel free to join us if you cheer for us", Lumine who looked less then confident began to glare at being talked down to as he stepped in front of Yuu and was now between the Sumo as well. "I might be weak, but you will not stop me from eating you out of this competition", as the group began laughing again. However the sumo noticed after a while that the boy was being serious and stopped them. The sumo had his pride as he stretched for a bit, "Do your best, let us hope your stomach is as big as your mouth"

Lumine then noticed a voice coming from one end. "Ladies and gentlemen, can you please start gathering at your tables the contest will begin shortly in about ten minutes. Remember we use the standard sized bowls and anyone who wishes to retire must raise their hands. You all know the rules, most bowls eaten is the winner."

Lumine was looking a bit lost as the Sumo went to the largest of the tables since he felt like there was no way he could lose, however there was some woman who looked really thin also in the competition, however she did have some really big jugs as another guy as thin as a stick with glasses was also there as it seemed all sorts of weird people were lining up as the tables were filling he was beginning to have doubts.

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”