[Closed] Favors for 'Family'

Fox & Kat only

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:02 pm

After Amaya's random run-in with Shinjiro, the girl had become more determined to find a way back to a contract with the Karagata family. She had yet to tell her brother what she was planning, mostly because she wasn't entirely sure if it would come to fruition, and she really didn't want that argument unless there was actually something to argue about. She left home towards the end of the day, thinking she could catch her 'uncle' Shiv on the way out of the Head Hunter's Division Headquarters. At the least she knew she needed to find out the best way to enter the organization once she was the required rank of Chunin. But she knew all her questions could possibly be answered by Shiv.

When she arrived she found he had not yet left, and so opted to sit on bench not far from the entrance and wait. She was nervous and didn't want to risk missing him, and so didn't stop to read a book or anything while she waited. At most she drew one of her daggers, flipping it into the air and catching it by the hilt each time. Eventually she saw the familiar figure of Karagata Shiv emerge from the building and the girl immediately put the knife away under her forearm and moved towards the man. "Shiv-sama!" she called out, silently hoping it had been at least a semi-decent day. If it had been a bad day it was entirely possible the man might ignore her, or not even notice her.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Flankingfox

Post by Flankingfox » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:36 am

Shiv had been gone for a while from Kirigakure No Sato on what could only be said to be a personal venture outside of Water Country. Only just returning rather recently, there was unsurprisingly a ton of backlogged work that required his direct attention. However, for the most part, the division had done extremely well in his absence almost like that of a well-oiled machine. Being afternoon-ish now, the champion was already exhausted from just reading a tiny fraction of the reports that had been compiled. Sure, time was something of a commodity he couldn't exactly afford after having been gone for so long, but a person needed to eat. So instead of spending the entire second portion of the day locked inside his office, which he would be doing anyway later, he would attempt to 'sneak' out for a bite to eat, maybe even a quick drink of delicious sake? Sake would sure help to keep his mind from wandering too much into a placid state of utter and complete boredom.

Making up his mind, Shiv left his office, but instead of vanishing instantly in a blur of movement like usual he walked toward the front doors of the building. Shiv would deviate from the norm here to check up and inform the receptionist of his brief departure to grab food. Stepping out into the public lobby, Shiv was immediately met by a shrill sounding voice calling out his name. The champion quickly looked towards where the noise had come from, a young girl, then back to his receptionist. This was all even before Shiv could utter a single word to Karagata, Midori who was shrewdly sitting behind her desk with a usual unimpressed look on her face not having even bothered to ask this young girl her business here. Somebody so young was a rarity indeed, so Midori probably assumed that it wasn't important. However, this was a slightly different matter for the young girl was somebody Shiv had been obligated to for reasons known only to him.

Quite the reunion indeed, Shiv hadn't expected the daughter of Masami, Ren to be sitting here of all places. No, this definitely wasn't a place for somebody that young and troubled. This was a cold place that constantly stunk of death which seemed to linger here in the lobby more so than any other part of the compound. Shiv's connection to this particular person was a bit complicated, but out of duty to their family through a person no longer with us, he was bound to the role of estranged 'uncle'. What brought Amaya here the man wondered for a moment before engaging with her almost sympathetically, "Ah, Kazuki, Amaya. I hadn't expected to see you so soon... what brings you child?"

Karagata, Midori's eyebrow raised instantaneously caught completely off guard by the tone of the champion. Shiv was not known in the slightest to change his own chilling demeanor to accommodate to anyone, not even to those above him. That unimpressed look was suddenly plastered into curiosity, but Midori knew better than to push for any information right now. Shiv wasn't exactly one to be bothered with trivial things unrelated to whatever his own interested were, especially when that thing was something of a vulnerability. That curiosity though was almost intoxicating, as Midori bit down on her lip causing it to bleed ever so slightly. Who was this girl? What was she to the infamous speedster who could kill practically anybody in a split second?!
Characters
Name: Karagata, Shiv
Village: Kirigakure no Sato
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:1 C:1 D:0
Name: Sarutobi, Shin
Village: Konohagakure
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Name: Karagata, Okami
Name: Tsukino, Jhin
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:04 am

Amaya could remember times as a giggling child, trying to get the man before her to play. She remembered how she used to try and climb him, probably much to his annoyance, and now she was old enough to know that most would have been shocked to see the man interact with her and her brother in such a way. As Shiv responded to her, Amaya was reminded of this as she noticed the receptionist's expression change entirely. The young girl couldn't help a light smirk as she noticed this, but she didn't point it out of course. She stood from her seat and walked over to Shiv, smiling at the man though now that the girl was a Genin, a smile was typically a rare commodity seen from her. "I hoped I could bother you for a few minutes, Oji?" she asked, naturally referring to him as 'uncle' like she had for as long as she could remember.

She probably could have reached out for his hand, or tried to hug the man. She knew it used to be that he didn't mind, but as she had grown the girl had taken steps away from such affections herself and she knew even if she hadn't, doing so here at the Head Hunter's Headquarters was probably ill-advised at best. 'I think I've given Midori a shock enough for one day.' she thought to herself, trying not to chuckle. She knew the receptionist's name of course, having seen her more than once though she was certain the woman didn't know her from anyone else in the village.

Lost that moment in thought and waiting Shiv's response, Amaya grinned up at the man, momentarily flashing her own sharpened teeth. "There's a place around the corner to grab a bite, I'm guessing that's where you were heading... I'll pay if you don't mind a Genin asking a few questions?" The genin's last mission had paid rather decently, the Muramasa family grateful for things being cleaned up at the mine, and truths revealed. Given the nature of Amaya's questions she was certain she'd annoy Shiv at some point and so felt the need to give him something in return. 'Food and sake should be simple enough...' she thought to herself.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Flankingfox

Post by Flankingfox » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:13 pm

The man Amaya saw before her wasn't exactly what one would call a good guy, but for her, he at least pretended to be. Shiv calmly remembered all the annoying things he was forced to endure when she was a kid. However, that was expected when dealing with a baby. What made it worse was that Shiv wasn't particularly fond of children. Everything about them was a complete and utter mess to how one should conduct themselves. Luckily by the age that Amaya is now, they were a bit more tolerable and could communicate using more than just sounds. Shiv managed his own smile, casually flashing his own set of sharpened teeth before saying, "Yeah, I could take some time to talk. Or, in this case, answer some of these questions over a bite to eat. Don't worry, I'll cover whatever we pick up. I'm not exactly hurting for money..." That last part was a bit of a joke because the reality of the matter is that he made far more than any person in the village. Being one of a few that have achieved Bannin status meant his wage after completing a difficult mission was quite substantial. As a walking celebrity of Kirigakure no Sato, most establishments gave away a meal and more for the chance to have somebody so famous in their midst. Once word reached the general populace, the business was sure to increase! At least that was the assumption anyway. Shiv walked past the girl without having to blatantly motion her to follow assuming she would just know.

Once outside and while walking toward their destination Shiv casually asked, "So how are your grandparents doing? Oh, and that brother of yours?" These were the only people he considered extended family per se. His obligation to them like that of the Karagata family was binding. The speed at which they were walking felt almost forced. This was a speed he wasn't exactly used to as moving had become a staple in getting through the day with everything that needed to be done each day.
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:46 pm

Now that she was a Genin, Amaya wasn’t entirely naive to her uncle’s reputation. He was a legend, as a Bannin, as a Shinobi, and rumors flew. Even at the academy some would fear her and her brother for their association with the man. The ones who didn’t, or for some stupid reason tried to mock them for it, quickly learned both twins had tempers of their own... and soon small reputations of their own.

As Shiv offered to pay for the meal, Amaya couldn’t help a bit of a chuckle. She had just gotten back from a mission gone awry, and so her and her brother both had been well compensated for surviving something they shouldn’t have. Her brother a little moreso for what he suffered now, though of course the village clearly saw the symbiote as a weapon to be used. Amaya hadn’t missed the bump in her brother’s pay overall, probably to ensure the creature was properly fed. The thought gave the girl a shuddered but still she smiled up at her uncle for his offer. ”Alright, thank you. More to save towards Ryu and I getting our own place.”

She walked along, knowing her uncle was probably struggling to keep at a slower pace with her. ”Shame piggyback rides are embarrassing now.” she remarked, chuckling to herself again. ”Gigi and Baba are good. Enjoying their retirement. Ryu is...” Amaya frowned, shaking her head. ”He’s okay. Our last mission turned into a shit show. But we survived. He has... something. It latched onto him. He can’t eat real food anymore. Only raw, bloody, sometimes living it’s... hard. But the village seems to think it can make him a better weapon.”

Flankingfox

Post by Flankingfox » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:38 pm

A place of their own. This sort of thing reminded him of his own place so long ago now in the merchant ring of the village. Those were some interesting days indeed full of color that he couldn't exactly replicate today. What it must feel to be so young again and or at a level where he actually felt normal. Would it even feel normal anymore? Calmly Shiv said, "Getting your own place, ehh? Well yeah, that makes sense. You two are getting to about that age. Some distance from family might even help your overall development. I know personally how much 'family' can potentially stunt growth with the multitude of things that come from such a relationship. Let me know if you need a reference or anything... or just help in general in getting a place around the core. Most of these landlords can be quiet annoying to deal with, especially dealing with younger tenants."

Shiv leisurely walked onward, they were pretty close to the shop. Answering Amaya's question Shiv was a bit shocked, that seemed like so long ago and so so so out of character for him. Emotions hadn't been his strong suite since his internal struggle was always in battling with his inner workings of choosing between being human or a weapon. Not the easy task in the slightest, if anything him actually being here revealed that struggle and his inherent weakness even more so than anything he did. No wonder Midori was so shocked back at head quarters. In a casual tone the champion replied, "Yeah, a piggyback ride kind of goes against the grain these days. Somebody like me isn't exactly expected to be the cheerful type nor am I generally in any case. You're right, wouldn't look as cute as it used too, plus I heard you have a bit of a reputation now too. Quite the spiky bundle of violence, ehh?"

After speaking on the subject for a moment. Shiv was now introduced to what he could only assume to Amaya's original intent of coming to him. The young girl was a good sister and this last mission had shaken her, giving her things to think about. As somebody that purposely made a sacrifice for optimal perfromance he wasn't exactly the best candidate to give advice, but he would give an answer none the less. In a more stern tone he replied, "Interesting, tell me, does he actually want this weapon he has been given? If so, then it can't be helped. We as the ninja caste do unorthodox things to gain an edge over our peers and enemies, including mutilating our bodies. This wouldn't be the first abnormity that has happened here in the village. Take me for instance, I've forcefully implanted these metal tubules throughout my body just to gain a slight spike over others. On cold days, the pain can get almost intolerable, but that is the sacrifice I made and would do so again, for the chance of being a sharper weapon."
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:22 pm

Amaya was kind of glad as they reached the restaurant and found their way to a table. The subject matter would have been heavy for two adults to talk about, much less a girl to tell her uncle. For a moment after Shiv posed his question, and even explained his tubules, the girl was quiet. "I mean, I know he wants power." she admitted. "He think he even considered going to Hideki-Sama like our father did, I Just think he expected to have a choice and now he doesn't." She frowned, remembering what had happened the last time Hisan found out they had talked about getting rid of the creature. "This thing killed a dozen or more miners, consumed them to the point where they were nothing but dust. But now it is inside Ryu, and every time we've even spoken of getting rid of it, it's nearly killed him. It can't be removed or he dies... so we don't really have a choice." She frowned, but shook her head.

"It's a hopeless situation, Baba says all we can do is deal with it for now, and hope it really does make him stronger." The part she probably hated the most was that her Grandmother couldn't do anything, despite being one of the top medical ninja in the village. "Heh. Honestly it wasn't even the question I really came to ask..." she admitted, sighing heavily and forcing out a chuckle. "I know my mother was bound to your family... and with her suicide we lost that. The Muramasa is who we're supposed to be bound to now... but I want to switch. I want to be bound to the Karagata like my mother, to prove that we deserve that right, reclaim what my mother lost for us."

Flankingfox

Post by Flankingfox » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:19 am

Amaya spoke explaining a bit more of the instance in which Ryu had been 'infected'. She was right, the choice was usually an important factor when a life-altering situation bears teeth changing an individual forever, however as a ninja of the village the boy was already without much 'choice' for he was a weapon in the arsenal. Personal feelings aside, this boy was another weapon for Shiv or Kirigakure herself to use against threats and enemies. Whatever edge one could get against these constant plights that sprang up was, in essence, a 'gift'. It wasn't surprising that the girl mentioned 'Hideki', numerous people willingly throw themselves at that mad scientist in hopes of gaining that edge. The results are usually a bit disturbing, but at the end of the day, they are also quite effective in enhancing individual ability.

"Understood, I agree with your grandpa. If Ryu can harness this unforeseen asset. It can potentially aid him in his advancement... that is if all goes well." Shiv agreed almost bluntly as he thought about this news for the moment. What kind of organism had attached itself to the boy? Was this thing a potential threat or could it actually be harnessed for the benefit of the boy? These questions were important but they would have to wait as time would thoroughly show the intent of this 'creature'. The actual reason for the encounter was now revealed. Young Amaya wanted to swear herself to the Karagata. That was somewhat surprising, to say the least. Was she old enough to make that 'choice'? This choice would be a lasting one as one didn't just leave the family without potentially losing their life as well. Then again, who was he to stop her from declaring to the family of her own choice. The Muramasa usually don't have a problem unless their name is tarnished in the process, but surely giving the circumstances they will understand and easily allow her to be brought into the Karagata.

"That will be a lasting decision hun, even I won't be able to stop the savagery of the family if you later in life decide that a family of bloodthirsty, greedy, narcissistic, ambitious, and arrogant people isn't for you. They don't give second chances, they will straight up kill you, but you already know that. If you would like you could be bound to my branch of the Karagata family... we can make it official a week from now once preparations are in place."
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:43 pm

Amaya leaned back in her seat a moment, crossing her arms and looking at Shiv as he spoke of the savagery of the family. "I see you." she said simply at first, a perhaps confusing statement before she continued. "Shiv-Sama... I'm a genin now, a shinobi, that means I hear the rumors and everything else, not just surrounding the family but around you. You and others have made sure we didn't see it all but now we've started to, and it doesn't scare me. Maybe it should, but it doesn't." the girl shrugged briefly, sighing to herself. "My mother was an interrogator for the Head Hunter's. I want to join them as soon as I am able, I want to do more than restore my family's reputation, I want to exceed everything my mother ever did."

She chewed on the inside of her lip a moment, staring at her uncle. "If that means I have to spill blood to do it, then so be it. I want to be sworn to the Karagata. I want to join the Head Hunter's. I want to even lead them one day. But I need your help to start, if I can't get it I'll just find another way, probably a bloodier way, but I will do whatever I have to do." Her brother was more well known for his temper and spilling of blood, but it didn't mean Amaya didn't have her own tendencies towards it. A now shamed member of the Muramasa could certainly speak to that now.

Flankingfox

Post by Flankingfox » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:02 pm

The owners knew Shiv, well basically everyone knew him, so that was kind of an understatement. Once they arrived and sat down those very owners were already hard at work fixing some of their most prized items for the champion of the village. What a wonderful assortment of food had been prepared without either of the ninja noticing and or seemingly caring in the slightest. As the two ninja finished conversing their food was already being brought to the table in a rather large platter. An excellent variety of things were on this platter, but without even thinking, Shiv grabbed at a bowl of steamed rice. The act was almost rude considering the things surrounding this 'dull' bowl, but who would honestly voice such a grievance?! With smiles the owners slowly backed away, leaving a bottle of sake beside the champion and tea beside the young girl.

Lifting up some chopsticks, Shiv took a huge gobble from his bowl of rice which was instantly followed by a swig of sake. Giving the owners no mention, Shiv continued listening to his niece about her apparently bold decision to join his family. They weren't the most subtle in their ways, nevertheless, the Karagata was a fine family indeed. Perfect for somebody who had ambitions to rise above it everyone else. With a bit more of a mellow tone, Shiv replied almost casually, "Alright, kiddo. No need to spill any blood right away. There will be enough blood spilled on your journey upward through the ranks. Let's start with getting you into the Karagata family first... I doubt that'll be a hard task, but I just had to warn you of the reality of your request. However, now that you fully understand the whole precautionary dangers we can go ahead without impediment. What does your brother think about you joining the family? Is he alright staying with those Muramasa chumps?"
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:39 am

Amaya's eyes widened as the food arrived, shocked at the spread that was brought. She did her best to offer an incline of her head and a whispered thank you but she noticed quickly how their eyes were fixed on Shiv. Most of the time she had spent with Shiv had been at home, this was one of her first times seeing first hand the way he was treated as a Bannin of the village and it oddly surprised her. She looked over the platter as she wondered what she could, or should, eat but for the moment chose instead to simply sip her tea as their conversation continued and she silently debated what looked best.

She frowned, wrinkling up her nose a bit as Shiv asked about her brother's allegiances. "Father was bound to Muramasa so Ryu seems fine with remaining bound to them." she remarked, shaking her head. "He thinks I'm nuts, but that's nothing knew. He's always pissed at me for hating what Ren did to her life, the way she left us. He doesn't get me, so of course he doesn't get this." She looked at the tray a moment longer before reaching out for a piece of sashimi, accidentally slurping as she consumed the morsel which brought a light blush to her cheeks. "But yeah, I guess he's fine staying with them." she said after she swallowed. "But I'm not. I don't see them helping me in what I want to do, not as much as your family can. And I'm not willing to abandon everything like my mother did."

Flankingfox

Post by Flankingfox » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:58 pm

The champion raised a brow slightly as his 'niece' simply looked stunned by the selection brought before them. He then took another swig of his sake before moving back to his bowl. Foregoing eating the small girl sipped at her tea. Internally, Shiv felt a sense of optimism that this decided route was correct as he hadn't been much of a wanting person either, enjoying simple pleasures. At least that is how he was once before his vices got the better of him and turned him into whatever he was today. If it wasn't for his background knowledge on the subject he would have assumed her to actually be of his blood, however, Amaya liking tea definitely gave it away and hinted toward Naoko's bloodline. Shiv was never much of a hot beverage kind of guy, preferring the cool refreshing quality of a cold one instead. Lifting a finger the man put a nail to tooth removing a grain that had stuck itself between sharpened canines.

So, the boy wasn't apparently picky with his loyalties. Most likely too focused on his own affairs to care or dabble in the politics related to the families. That wasn't a bad thing, as the families could have quite the lingering influence on people at that young of an age. What came next out of Amaya's mouth revealed the true reason for his taking on the Karagata family name. This wasn't just a whim, no she had some deeper motive to remedy her mother's botched record. An interesting thing indeed, Shiv would have thought that by this age the hate would have subsided by now. He recalled for a moment snapping at her about having such emotion. All that passion did was create a weakness that could be potentially exploited.

Cracking a smile, Shiv gazed at the girl for a moment as she started to blush. "Don't be shy, eat, eat, eat. The majority of this platter will probably be thrown out if you don't take advantage of this treat..."

The man looked toward the owners now, they were waving and smiling as wide as a person could possibly. The effect of a celebrity, never really did lose its charm. Shiv lifted his hand up a put up his thumb, gesturing that the food was good. Seemingly delighted the cook let out a big boisterous laugh that seemed to echo through the kitchen inspiring those within with a sort of glee. Well, that meant that Shiv would have to also indulge in whatever this assortment of thrash was. In the presence of Amaya, Shiv had lost that icy demeanor that seemed to cripple those that came in contact with the champion.

Continuing in a casual tone, Shiv replied, "Well it isn't the end of the world if he stays with them. They do have some benefits I reckon."

Switching to that of a more stern tone, "Sure what your mother did could be construed as cowardice to the general population, however, she was also a weapon of the village and deserves respect. Turning off emotion and becoming the living embodiment of a weapon is something that I even struggle with constantly. With the death of your aun..." Shiv calmly stopped himself from opening that can of worms. There was no point in bringing out the very thing that seemingly destroyed him, especially here of all places. These fodder would be given no solace today in learning the truth that this particular weapon can break like any other person.

"The death of a loved one can be hard to overcome and the pain from such can cut deeper than any blade. Don't let your grievance cloud your judgment of your mother to that of ignorance of reality. There is no benefit to allowing that sort of emotion to steer your decisions, but then again, I believe I've already told you this advice a dozen times over by now so just take it as you will. Aside from all that, how has your training been going? Have you decided on something to focus on yet?" Shiv changed his tone at the end. Partly he was attempting to do the right thing and help the girl out, but he also knew the polar opposite and how tough it was to have somebody do such an act. Being left to fend for yourself was nothing sort of ludicrous in this village who placed value on strength above all else. With that said, Shiv returned to his bowl of rice while quickly throwing in a variety of whatever was in front of him.
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Amaya had to resist smiling like a child as Shiv told her to go ahead and eat what she wanted. She nodded and spoke a quick thank you instead, reaching out for a couple more pieces of sashimi that she greatly enjoyed. The girl had always loved the stuff, though she hadn't had as much of it lately since her brother's incident. His sudden taste for raw fish and other animals alike greatly disturbed her and had made her favorite food difficult to enjoy in his presence. But here was thankfully different, and enjoy it she certainly did. However a visible frown crept across the girl's face as Shiv spoke of her mother, though as he suddenly cut himself off she felt a curiosity rise and gave the man an odd look. She didn't press him, she seemed to recall her grandmother warning her against ever speaking to Shiv about love and loss, though she wasn't quite sure why.

She had heard a few rumors of course, but nothing concrete. Stifling her own curiosity however she sipped at her tea again as he went on. Honestly she felt relief wash through her as he went on to ask her about her training. He had indeed spoken to her multiple times about her hate for her mother, as had many others, but so far such lessons seemed to refuse to stick. "I want to be an assassin." she told him, rather proudly at that as she suddenly sat up straight at her own statement and snatched another piece of fish. "I've been doing some training in stealth and thieving, genjutsu, my toryu as well as Fuuton and Suiton." she added, almost smirking a bit. "I hope to add Chiton to that before long."

Flankingfox

Post by Flankingfox » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:07 pm

As Shiv's words came to light, Amaya's face turned into that of displeasure. Surely that topic had already been spoken on enough to conclude the outcome. The fact that it still bothered her so much was troublesome, but that was a personal issue that only she could face one day. Instead of pressing further, Amaya simply sipped at her tea. This response was internally preferred by the champion who blatantly hated talking about feelings and the like. Shiv was grateful for that at the very least as he looked up from his bowl as she conveyed what she had been focusing on lately. These listed skills were almost fundamental in becoming an assassin type ninja. So that was a good sign that she was becoming sharper through her training. The thing that caught him off guard slightly was the mention of 'chiton'. Just saying it aloud brought to the forefront of thought Muramasa, Maido. Quite the powerful entity indeed who luckily retained her allegiances to Kirigakure no Sato. For she was a fearsome foe and facing her would prove to be quite a hefty task for the 'Head Hunter Division' who would otherwise be forced to destroy the target rather than capture for obvious reasons.

While scarfing down the last morsel in the bowl, Shiv blurted out, "Chiton you say, ehh... That is quite an interesting ambition indeed. I've seen it in use first hand by that witch of a woman Maido. The old crone uses it to great effect so I can't deny the apparent usefulness of such an affinity, but I also don't find it particularly enticing. I guess I rather cause the bloodshed with my trusty machete first instead of producing then manipulating. Then again, that has always been my way of 'negotiating' with a target, to rapidly assault with sheer force before anything could be done to counteract. Those other skills you're training will forge you on your path to becoming an 'assassin'. The hunt and disposal unit could sure use fresh blood in the future. Many of the older ones are starting to get a bit too passionate about their 'killing' which essentially makes their work disgustingly sloppy and easy to surmise."

That was when it clicked, Amaya's father was an adept practitioner of that particular affinity too. That was probably why young Amaya wanted to dabble in that affinity. The former head of the seven swordsmen of the mist did have some clout and was remembered kindly by those in the village which was opposite of what people thought about Ren. Well, the way an assassin got the task done wasn't exactly a cookie-cutter thing, so there wasn't really any problem with taking up that affinity. Why then did the champion question that of everything else listed? Was it because he assumed that she would become a nintaijutsu practitioner like himself? Somewhere along the way, it would seem that he hadn't rubbed off on her for any sort of inspiration. That was a slight blow to his ego, but that wasn't exactly going to affect his opinion of his 'niece', especially since she wanted to become the better versions of both of her parents.
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:35 pm

Amaya fell quiet as Shiv spoke of Maido. The girl had of course heard of her, and for more than one reason she had mixed feelings about the woman that she didn't vocalize. She listened as the man continued on, smirking slightly as he spoke of older members getting sloppy. "What's the point of hunt and disposal if they don't keep their workings discreet?" she remarked. "If I get proficient enough, I could use Chiton to clean up such an area as well... after all not everything always goes according to plan." she added, sighing to herself as she poked at a dumpling she had chosen off the platter as well.

"My mother had a lot of plans with Chiton." she finally said, giving voice to part of what had run through her mind when Maido was brought up in discussion. "I found her notes after she died. She called it 'Pandora's Box' and 'Pandora's Blood rite'. It looks like a form of immortality or something though I don't quite understand all of it yet. I guess its part of why her suicide made me so angry... to read that, to know she never planned to leave us and even had plans to shed mortality... it just never made sense to me."

Amaya cleared her throat and attempted a sort of smile at Shiv for a moment. "I'm sorry, I know I should not keep bringing it up." She knew the man wasn't fond of her speaking of the emotional baggage that likely held her back, and so hated to bring it up yet again after he'd already been so patient with her in that regard.

Flankingfox

Post by Flankingfox » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:04 pm

Shiv noted the smirk of Amaya as she remarked on the hunt and disposal unit. She was right, these so-called 'ninja' were starting to become straight out murderers with only concerns being what target was next. As an operative that primarily killed people for the majority of their missions, one would have to expect for a slightly unorthodox way of thinking. However, being professional is a required capacity of a hunter nin and without that sort of integrity, the very reason they were sent could be lost to a foreign threat. The reality of the situation aside, the younger generation would eventually need to fill this gap created over the years. Looking up, the champion saw Amaya now docilely poke at a dumpling from the platter.

"Yeah, you're right. Barely anything stays exactly to plan, but with Chiton you would definitely make the 'cleaning' aspect smoother... And, there we go, already thinking of ways to incorporate you into the division. Maybe if we are lucky enough we can get more funding and then we can create a 'Cleaning Unit' headed exclusively by you! Not a single drop of blood would remain on any scene or little Amaya will have everyone's heads on spikes outside the main office. Those sloppy ninjas would surely start focusing on their work then..." Shiv jested playfully as he teased with Amaya. Cleaning the scene and disposing of a target was always going to remain an annoying constant for a hunting operative, but when people were gifted with abilities that made this chore easier the morale of the team was usually slightly higher than usual, meaning success rates also increased. The joking aside, Amaya turned the conversation away from humor and back to that of reality.

In a calm tone, Shiv replied, "Don't worry about it, you're still young. These things need time before they are sorted. I've heard of a few individuals in the village who have verged on the path of immortality with the help of the infamous Hideki. Personally, I've thought about the aspect of it too. To be immortal is to be something of an enigma. There becomes a real loss of self in becoming something unnatural, something that doesn't 'expire', much like that of actually becoming a real weapon. I don't know if I would much enjoy becoming a living part of history... that never truly ends. So I can understand why some may abstain from becoming immortal even when presented with the means. Am I right to assume you too will go after this 'Pandora' route?"
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:01 pm

Amaya, who had finally tried to eat the dumpling she'd been poking at, almost choked on it as Shiv made his jokes about her punishing messy assassins. The girl managed a couple coughs before swallowing the morsel and laughing outright, and immediately blushing as she noticed a couple of looks she received in return for it. Embarrassed, she fell quiet again and listened to Shiv, shrugging as he asked about the girl's own plans. "Honestly I don't know." she remarked, shaking her head as she thought about it. "I don't know enough about Chiton yet to even know if her theories are right, to know if it's achievable that way. And I'm way too young to think about immortality." The girl chuckled as she thought about it. "I'm too worried about making it to Chunin to be worried about that far into the future..."

Of course the mention of promoting brought a frown to the girl's lips and she leaned back in her chair, sighing and shaking her head. "They made my brother my rival... I have to beat him for my exam when its time. I can barely contend with him in training, I don't know how I'm going to beat him in a one on one fight! He knows all my moves!"

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”