[Open] So long and thanks for all the fish!

On the final day before his departure, Aimi gives some final training tips to one of his oldest students Nishiki... and whoever else might happen to wander by.

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:19 am

This was it. The final day that he had to spend in Kirigakure for an entire year. One year was how long that the Mizukage had given him leave in order to travel the world and to get stronger. A year wasn't much time ultimately and Aimi planned on spending as much of it as possible travelling from one place to the other. In the meantime, though, there was this day. This one last day before he left the village and headed to his first destination: the place where he had stashed Worldslayer. The night before, as he was going to sleep and deciding where to go, he decided that now was the time to reclaim that artifact - that thing - and try to master it. There was no better time than now after all, was there? But before that, there was today.

He had sent word to the Tsukino household that he wished to see Nishiki. With his new status as bannin he highly doubted the request would be refused. Not that it likely would have were he a jounin, either. That wasn't the point. The point was that he had one last thing to give to the pink fox before he left, and it was an important gift to give him. As for himself? Well, Aimi had his own mission to accomplish and there was no better time to start than the present. Aimi stood on the smaller lake's surface that surrounded the island on which Kirigakure sat. The chakra in his feet kept him afloat on top of the water as it always did and he knew that he could maintain this for a long while. He had told Nishiki to meet him on the west beach, but in the meantime? While he waited? Well... there was a reason that he was stood on water.

Aimi was about to do something most would consider crazy, but for him? It was something that was a long time coming. He breathed evenly and tried to prepare himself for his first official task on the road to greater power: Self immolation.

For years he had studied fire. He'd gone over it's properties, tested it's limits, applied it in ways that none other before him had thought of. He had been burned, he had burned things, and people, himself, by all rights and accounts he was an expert of the flame. Being as such, there was one thing he knew to be universally true no matter what; fire burned. Get it hot enough and it would burn through anything and everything. He stood upon the lake as a safety precaution, as an emergency switch for what he was about to do. For he felt that in order to truly master the flame, he needed to get more comfortable with it's embrace.

As such he brought his right hand up and looked down at it. He took in a deep breath and began to channel his chakra. His hand glowed orange with the stuff and he brought his thumb and middle finger together, waiting right there on the edge of ignition as a final step to prepare himself mentally. 'This is going to hurt. This is going to hurt a LOT,' he thought to himself, knowing it to be true. He did not truly fear the pain that was to come, nor did he fear failure. The water would drench him if he could not take the heat of the flame. His body would heal. All that he feared now was time, specifically, how long it would take to get this down.

With a sigh he closed his eyes, took in a final breath, let it out in a huff so that no air was in his lungs, said under his breath, "Fuck it," and snapped his fingers. An ember of flame made manifest by his own chakra appeared directly in front of his chest before bursting outwards in all directions into a raging inferno 32 meters in size! The fire engulfed Aimi at the epicenter of it all, the water beneath him was blown back and hissed in protest from the sudden heat, the air around him flared up with light and fire and Aimi stood at the center of it all burning! He would have screamed if he could, but there was no air with which he could scream. Only fire. Only flame.

The Kaguya hunched over forward in agony as the fire consumed his flesh. The flames around him in the air and on the water were quick to dissipate, but those that clung to his flesh bit and snarled as skin crackled and popped. 'Stick with the pain, don't shut this out,' he thought to the best of his ability. Yet it was hard. The pain was intense and screaming! His hair was burned away to nothing and his body served as fuel for fire! Flames danced skyward off of his charring body and danced in delight!

Yet, despite all of this, Aimi remained and his body fought back! The fire raged but his flesh regenerated and as he stood still he tried to focus not just on the pain but also on healing, on being resistant to these fires. He had been burned countless times in his life, this was nothing new to him. He just needed his body to adjust, to grow accustomed, to rebel against the flame! And, gradually, it did. As he stood still and focused his body worked to heal itself faster, yet all the same the fires were not extinguished. They continued to bite and gnaw at his skin and muscles, yet as Aimi willed it his body rebelled. It rejected the flames, the heat, and grew resilient to them. Slowly his flesh grew back to the best of it's ability with the continuous burning until, after what felt like a small eternity, all that remained were a few sparse flames and angry, pink flesh. The hallmarks of second degree burns, open blisters and dry, cracked skin, covered his body... but that was all there was.

Finally when Aimi could take it no more he let himself fall into the lake and was doused with water. The sudden cold hurt more than the fire to him and he flailed for a few moments before forcing his way back to the surface and gasping strongly for air! He panted and practically shrieked with pain as every part of his naked body was blistered, burned and savaged by his own fire... yet he was alive. Alive and, he felt certain, more a master of flame than anyone ever before him.

Jutsu TrainedShow
[Regeneration Arts: Soul of Fire]
S-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: [Rigid Structure], [Heavenly Body Control] S rank pyramid of Katon ninjutsu, Regenerative ability
Fire is the element of progress, destruction and the human spirit as a whole. Very few have gained a true mastery over this most volatile of elements, but for those who have there is this Discipline. Through repeated exposure to flame of varying intensity the user has gained a tolerance for the lashing tongues of fire that they are so familiar with. This Discipline makes it so that the burn degrees of Katon based ninjutsu are reduced by two degrees, causing fourth degree burns to become second degree, third degree to become first degree, and second and first degree burns to become little more than minor irritations on the skin. Additionally, burn based injuries no longer cause the user's physical capabilities to suffer, meaning neither the impact of their strikes nor their physical speed are reduced by such afflictions.
800/800

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:01 am

phpBB [video] phpBB [video] Nishiki became full of glee and intrigue when he received notice that Aimi wished to see him not so long after the man had become a Bannin, as such he practically bounced out of the Tsukino compound and was merrily skipping along the Kirigakure streets in his usual outfit with the red kimono with a huge grin spread across his face as he wondered what it could be.

The mist seemed rather delicate on this day and so it was actually quite nice to be out and would certainly be great for training or the like, which was one thing that crossed his mind; perhaps a super cool Bannin level training session that would fill him with greater power beyond what he could ever imagine.
"Your thoughts are so wild... You put too much stock in this dumb brute of a sensei of yours" a menacing, belittling voice spoke up within the boy as Yoshimitsu tried to disrepect the Kaguya as usual.
"Jealous?" Nishiki questioned in his thoughts "Scared he would be way stronger than you?" he mocked
"HA! You jest boy! As if!" the beast laughed at the thought "It is for the very opposite reason why I see no reason to believe in that man's skills... Nor any pathetic human's really... Yet you look to him as if he is a towering, unstoppable beast" the genma spoke, clearly trying to big himself up whilst putting everyone else down "Not likely" it added with great snide.
"Maybe you are more powerful... Well if you where free, shishishi... But he's great and who wouldn't want to learn as much as they can from as many as they can to gain power?" the Tuskino turned it around on the beast, making out that it was probably right but that there was still lessons to be learned from beyond.

As the duo's mental conversation continued they manoeuvred through the crowds of busy people that seemed to get larger and larger the further beyond the walls they got and the lower grading the people where given, up until the untouchable zone which was just a huge mess and probably the biggest blight of Kirigakure as it made the young chuunin wonder why the nobles allowed them to exist at all.

Though, of course, the boy did not truly wish their ultimate destruction and even knew Aimi's original family was from among he poorest and that many slaves where probably gathered from such a sad lot but it seemed like something the nobles would consider to clean up the village; mass genocide of the untouchables and the weak.

Once Nishiki had fully exited the village boundaries, he made his way to the designated west beach where he sensed the heat of fire that had came from the lake itself, though by the time he got there it seemed the lingering heat was all that was left which left him quite curious as he scanned the area for Aimi as his ears twitched and tails swished in great curiosity.

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:42 pm

It always took the most time for his hair to grow back. Any time that Aimi suffered an injury that affected his scalp in some way, it was his hair that was the last to return to what it had been before. It didn't necessarily surprise the Kaguya - his hair was only as long as it was because it had gone uncut since childhood, and thus was years in the making - but it always did annoy him. He was of the opinion that he looked strange with a bare scalp, especially when it had been burned off as it was just now. Such were his thoughts as he floated on the surface of the water, blistered, in agonizing pain but healing. He rolled his head from side to side and searched for the shoreline, finding Nishiki standing far off from where he now lay in a red kimono. He'd arrived, and Aimi had yet to greet him.

Never one to be shy about his body in any state, Aimi grunted in pain and pushed himself up on top of the water, using his chakra to come to a full on standing position. He winced and hissed, looking how far out the shore was from him. Some fifty meters, give or take. It would be terrible to walk all the way there. Instead the bannin gave a push against the water and flitted over in a single bound, closing the distance between the two of them in no time at all and standing before Nishiki on the edge of the water naked, his skin red with irritation and covered with burns that were healing. "Nishiki, you made it," the Kaguya said, trying to smile but finding it too painful to deal with in that moment as his eyebrows began to grow back. "Do me a favor and fetch me my cloak, will you?" he asked, lifting his left arm up and pointing to a small pile that was his white cloak, belt, and the wrappings for his feet. He would wait to heal before putting them on, but he was hardly going to teach his final lesson to Nishiki naked!

Once Aimi had put on his clothes in so much as he was able to stand them he let out a sigh and looked Nishiki in the face. By then most of the burns were gone though the pain wasn't just yet and his hair was starting to come back in a thin buzz cut. "I'm fine, don't worry about it. Just... a bit of training for myself. I'll heal, don't worry about it. Instead I want you to focus on this, my last bit of training for you," he told the young special jounin as he stepped onto the shore fully and ran his hand over his growing hair. He wanted to get the training started right away, partially because he wanted to be off soon in order to pick up Worldslayer, but mostly, in that moment, because he didn't want Nishiki to focus on how weird he looked with short hair!

To that end the Kaguya brought his stinging hands together into a quick stream of seals, breathed in deeply and let the breath out slowly. Out in front of him came a small, dull, ball of blue flame - a ghost-light. "You asked me once if I could teach you this technique, and I think the time has finally come for that. This will be my gift to you before I go, to teach you this and a couple of other jutsu that I've developed over the years..."

Aimi trailed off, thinking back again on what he'd thought of the day before in his apartment. About what sort of legacy he might leave behind... he believed that this could be a part of it. Slowly he sat down on the beach and propped his knees up, resting his arms on top of his knees and looking up at the ghost-light that he'd made. "You know, when I was young, much younger than even you, in the academy we were taught that katon is the element of fire, of destruction. I was - we were told that fire could only spread and consume, that it was perhaps he most difficult elemental ninjutsu to master of the basics because of it's nature to... not be tamed. I always found myself asking the question 'why?', and my answer is this before you."

He gestured up towards the little bouncing ball of blue flame with his right hand before continuing. "Katon is the only elemental ninjutsu that I know," he lied. "I have spent my entire career studying it, mastering it. Tell me, did you ever consider that fire could be cool? Did you ever wonder what it would be like if you could touch it? I did, and so I focused and honed my chakra control until I could make manifest those thoughts into flame. The result is a ghost-light, a small, dull blue fire that doesn't burn and is... well, tricky. Make one of your own," he said, turning and looking at Nishiki as if in challenge.

"You need to not think of fire as something hot and ravenous. Think of it instead as cool, soft and dull. You have to make your chakra make the fire cold while not snuffing it out entirely. It should be fragile, gentle. Then, you have to make it so that if anyone other than you approaches this fragile thing it will vanish and reappear. Let's see what you can do," he said, giving the Tsukino a final sort of challenge. To learn any of his other ghost-light ninjutsu, Nishiki would first have to learn this one. The Kaguya was in fact quite curious to see if Nishiki would - or could - understand what he meant by a fragile, gentle fire.
Jutsu UsedShow
Katon • Ghost-Light
D-Rank Ninjutsu
The user makes the handseals and creates a small ball of flame in the air in front of them. The flame doesn't give off much heat at all and is not as hot as other fire. Touching this ball of flame will not burn the person touching it in the slightest. Similarly, the light this flame gives off is incredibly dull in comparison to other flames. When someone other than the user gets within a foot of this flame, it will disappear only to reappear two meters away in front of them. The flame disappears, moves, and reappears at a speed of 5. The flame lasts for 5 posts.

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:37 pm

Nishiki was curiously looking around for Aimi when he felt the vibrations of his approach from the lake causing him to swiftly spin to face the man, though when his eyes did fall upon him he saw quite the terrifying image; burns covered the Kaguya's now bald and naked body and though they appeared to be rapidly healing, it was still quite the shock and yet before the boy could get out any words he was instructed to recover the man's clothes.

After standing, blinking is disbelief for a good moment, Nishiki his head and did as instructed and handed Aimi his clothes with a deep burning curiosity within that was very quickly soothed as the new bannin explained himself.
"Well he is a crazy bastard after all" commented Yoshimitsu within its host's mind, chuckling sinisterly over just how dramatic of a man the Kaguya seemed.
"Shishishi" Nishiki couldn't help but snicker in response, still feeling a little nervous about the situation "Yeeaahh..." he then sort of sighed as he tried to take in what his old sensei had done.

Once the shock had washed over him the young fox sort of tilted his head to the side as he then couldn't take his eyes off all the healing, finding the regenerative ability of his elder to be quite fascinating but his attention would soon be directed elsewhere as handseals where suddenly formed and a dazzling blue flame appeared between the pair.
"Ooohh" the fox sounded quite delighted at seeing his master's special flame once more "OOOHH" he then exclaimed further in excitement as the man started to explain his fiery endeavours and how he wanted to pass them onto the lad.
"Perhaps there is more to him that at first thought" the beast within spoke out in his own style of surprise "Mastering one affinity in your own special way like this... I had always been a little curious about how he had gone about defiling the elements from past times we fought... Not that I couldn't do this if I so pleased" the genma sounded rather intrigued, though pushing it aside due to great pride.
"Then why don't you?" Nishiki replied mentally, though he only felt what could be explained as a piercing, menacing glare in reply and so he turned outwardly back to his sensei.
"Make your special blue fire?" he then questioned as he reached out to it only for it to flicker away.
phpBB [video] "Alright then" Nishiki said with glee, a big grin spreading across his soon to disappear face as he gave a quick nod and pulled back his hand.
With that the seal on the boy's stomach lit up and a rush of magenta chakra flowed out all around his body, though as quickly as it rushed out it also began to condense down and even pull in all loose garments as it rapidly turned grey.
As the chakra pulled in the jinchuruki's form became clear as his body transformed almost in an instant right before the bannin's eyes: the black rods jutting from the boy's wrists elongated; his ribs pushed out and protruded from his skin; his head grew a spike on top and four horns protruded, one horn for each side of the head kind of like a compass, each pushing upwards and looking like a crown when viewed in unison; his hips pushed out along with his elbows and knees, each becoming spiky and bony; a dark black chakra ball formed atop the spike on his head and spat out a flurry of smaller black balls that lined his back, floating behind the fully transformed jinchuuriki like an extra extracted spine.

All in all what was a boy now appeared as a mini replica of Yoshimitsu itself, at least to those that had any inkling of what the genma looked like, even his clothes where pulled taut and his face obscured to the point that no-one would know it was even Nishiki if they did not understand what it meant to use his jinchuuriki powers.
However there was one small difference; the Tsukino's tails.
Though the chakra bound close they where a clear extension compared to any regular seeming person, remaining free but still transformed as they looked thin, bony and spiky like the rest of his body almost like five skeletal whips.

Nishiki hadn't fully paid attention to the handseals that Aimi weaved due to originally being entranced by the man's incredible recovery skills, though he had the gist of it and was well versed in at least the basics of katon and so he went ahead and formed his own as he imagined the blue, cold flames.
After a few quick seals the boy poured his chakra out into the aether, focusing hard to shift the usual properties until a flame suddenly appeared and burst out before the two shinobi.
Unfortunately it wasn't quite right as it remained its true orange colours even if it did somewhat float around similar to the bannin's which was a little disappointing.
"Hmmm..." the transformed boy grunted in disappointment.
TrainingShow
Katon • Ghost-Light
D-Rank Ninjutsu
The user makes the handseals and creates a small ball of flame in the air in front of them. The flame doesn't give off much heat at all and is not as hot as other fire. Touching this ball of flame will not burn the person touching it in the slightest. Similarly, the light this flame gives off is incredibly dull in comparison to other flames. When someone other than the user gets within a foot of this flame, it will disappear only to reappear two meters away in front of them. The flame disappears, moves, and reappears at a speed of 5. The flame lasts for 5 posts.

124/400 words

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:50 pm

phpBB [video]
Aimi watched as Nishiki transformed, a slight frown forming on his face. The frown was in disappointment. He knew that Nishiki's genma was the Basics genma, meaning that the young Tsukino had access to every base element without having to actually learn how to conjure said element himself. This was the source of his disappointment, however - when Nishiki had expressed interest in his ghost-lights before many months ago, he had assumed that the boy might go and try to learn how to mold his chakra to form katon ninjutsu. To find him transforming for this little D rank was... well, it was a reminder that even though the transformation was swift and smooth, that there appeared to be no difficulty in it whatsoever for Nishiki, he had a long way to go.

For a few moments he remained silent as he continued to watch his student try to mimic his jutsu. The result of Nishiki's efforts was just a common place fireball - small, sudden, ephemeral and hot. By the time that Nishiki had attempted to perform the jutsu for himself his burns had healed but his skin was still sensitive; he could feel the heat from Nishiki's attempt on his bare chest. "Do you not know how to use Katon outside of your transformed state? I would advise you learn how to if you're going to be using these ninjutsu..." He shook his head lightly. "You've got the form down, but you're missing the intention. Look at yours compared to mine," he said, pointing first to Nishiki's fireball then to his own. "Yours is erratic and full of energy. See how it sputters and quivers in the air? Mine is soft, calm, almost joyful. Note the bouncing," he stated, again gesturing towards his own. "This jutsu is not meant to harm anyone... directly at least. It's a tool to guide others when things are dark and treacherous. Now here, watch my hands again."

Aimi brought his hands together and once more performed the hand-seals that went into making his ghost-light. One by one he performed them slowly, showing the exact positioning for his hands that the jinchuriki was meant to do. It was pretty standard fair for most katon ninjutsu, but the one thing that would have stuck out was the addition of two seals that were not normally included alongside each other. They were performed back to back towards the back end of the jutsu. The first was a seal typically used with fuuton ninjutsu. The last was a seal used in suiton ninjutsu. Both were tail ended by more typical katon seals.

"You see? It's all about intent and re-purposing the tools you have at your disposal. These are the basics for my ghost-lights, all of them, and they're all connected to one another Nishiki. Without this basic jutsu, you could not perform the others that I have at my disposal..." The banin let his hands fall back down between his knees. "Ghost-lights are all about subtlety. They're not flashy or hot, they're not meant to be used when you can be seen normally. You have to keep that in mind when performing this - subtle, gentle, calm, playful. Those are the characteristics. Now... go on, try again," he said gently. He didn't expect Nishiki to get the jutsu right on the first try, nor did he expect that it would take him very long. The Kaguya had never tried to explain these jutsu to anyone else before, so he hoped that he was doing a good job...

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:51 pm

What Aimi said stung a little since it wasn't as if Nishiki magically knew how to use the affinities, he still had to learn them like everyone else, just that perhaps there's was some primal innateness to it not unlike an Aisu using their hyouton but either way he was certain he did not wish to argue with the brutish bannin and so he simply held back his grimace and looked on as the man explained further.

Though the Jinchuuriki was certain that he couldn't actually simply use any affinities on his own but suiton as he had felt that ever since he became a host, his chakra alignment had in a way become twisted and blocked them all off, which became clearer and clearer the further he mastered the genma's abilities and the more he managed to open the locked doors with his transformations.

Nonetheless the Special Jounin focused and took in the Bannin's handseals once more, reading the fully this time as he also honed in on the man's explanations which where honestly quite wild sounding and seemed difficult to grasp given Aimi had spent years to master such a thing but he would certainly give it a shot.
Nishiki cleared his mind as he slowly went through each seal himself and imagined his flames twisting much like how he imagined his chakra network twisted as a jinchuuriki, feeling the flames dampen and cool at his core as a grin formed over the the thoughts.
"I suppose this isn't much different than applying all the different ways to perform kinesis" he thought to himself as he thought back to own self taught lessons on how each element behaved differently yet similar in their own ways, how he solved his trouble with pyrokinesis, how he saw similarities in aquakinesis and aerokinesis and how stubborn terrakinesis felt before connecting the dots; it was rather similar to how Aimi had just described the flame and how he seemed to have mixed in signs from other elements.

With the final handseal formed and all those thoughts powered into the jutsu and the focus on his chakra the little monster flowed out his chakra until a small blue ember began to burn, then with a little more concentration the ember grew and burned and yet how it burned did not feel as though it contained heat at all as the flame began to playfully dance and flicker.
"Did it?" the boy blurted in curiosity, glancing up at his master with glee with the expectation that if the man approached to test it then the flame would flicker away as hoped.
TrainingShow
Katon • Ghost-Light
D-Rank Ninjutsu

+292 words = 416/400 words.
SpoilerShow

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:17 pm

Aimi observed his student while he was attempting to recreate his jutsu. He hadn't really taken the time to see Nishiki transformed before. He'd encountered him this way of course, months and months back when Yoshimitsu had taken control and attempted to escape the village. Aimi's sharp eyes took in Nishiki's features. Seeing him now, calm, in control, he came to the realization that he should have been frightened of the boy... but wasn't. His form was terrible, so odd and alien looking, and he could literally see and feel the chakra wafting off of him. It was a testament to just how much chakra the genma had at its' disposal that he could feel it in the open air. Aimi had that capability as well, yes, but he had to focus and channel his chakra into a jutsu in order to achieve that effect. Despite this, the bannin felt no fear in the jinchuriki's presence. He briefly contemplated if it was because he'd been able to overpower Nishiki in the past, but his attention was drawn back to the present moment as Nishiki performed his first Ghost-light.

The Kaguya turned his eyes towards the bouncing blue flame and compared it to his own. The characteristics were all but identical (A discerning sensory ninjutsu would be able to tell the difference!), but there was still one way to be sure. Letting out a small huff Aimi moved his arms from the tops of his knees and pressed his palms down onto the shore beneath him and pushed himself up to a standing position. By that time his hair had mostly grown back to it's full length and his skin was back to it's usual, smooth, pale self. Locking his eyes on the flame, Aimi took a single step forward and watched eagerly what happened next.

The ghost-light vanished! At Aimi's approach the small ball of dull fire blinked out of existence as if it had consumed itself, only to reappear a pair of meters away. A smile broke over Aimi's face as he saw this. He pointed towards Nishiki's ghost-light and said, "That's it, you've got it. The fuuton sign in the jutsu, yeah? That's what gives the light movement. It'll go wherever you lead it, and it will lead whoever you happen to use wherever you want to go..." He paused and turned back towards Nishiki, hesitating for a moment before he continued. "Keep in mind how you're supposed to use this. You can guide others how you like, which means you can lead someone to safety, or danger. An example of this would be leading someone into a swamp, or off a cliff at night... now," he finished, turning away from Nishiki and back towards his own Ghost-light.

Bringing his hands back together Aimi performed another short string of seals, took in a short breath and then let it out, blowing out and creating what appeared like yet another ghost-light directly in front of him. Taking half a step back, Aimi held up his right hand and pointed at the dull blue ball of bouncing fire. "This is a Will-o-the-wisp. It looks exactly the same as the ghost-lights we just made, yeah? That's the point, though. This is a floating landmine waiting for someone who isn't me to approach it. When someone does, it will heat up and expand outwards in a sudden, rapid explosion. It's not very powerful, but the fact that it's identical to a ghost-light is important. Just imagine leading a target through a dark forest with a ghost-light, leading them towards a will-o-the-wisp. They approach, think it's safe, and... boom!" Again Aimi smiled, reaching up with his left hand and rubbing the back of his neck. "It can be very uh... tricky, you know? I figured you'd get a kick out of the possibilities... Here are the seals."

With his explanation finished the bannin lifted his hands up again and once more performed the seals of the jutsu as slowly and as clearly as as he had done before. Aimi found himself actually getting a bit excited explaining all of this to Nishiki! He'd never had the chance to go into detail about the jutsu he'd made with anyone before, which was pretty standard ninja fair all things considered. You wouldn't want your secrets getting out to the enemy - or even your comrades in the case of Kirigakure! But now that he was a bannin and these jutsu were... well, they weren't a gateway to gaining more power as Kasai had mandated, and it felt... good passing on something he had created to someone else. Nice, even...

Jutsu UsedShow
Katon • Will-O-The-Wisp
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Katon • Ghost-Light
The user makes the handseals and creates a small ball of flame in the air in front of them. Visually the same as Ghost-Light, the ball of flame differs in that it is immobile, remaining stationary even if someone aside from the caster approaches it. When someone other than the caster comes within a meter of it, the ball will rapidly heat up and explode outwards with the force of 1 exploding tag. The flame lasts for 4 posts.

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:33 am

Nishiki grinned happily as he delighted in the fact he had succeeded in creating the flame and grinned even more, now with a cheeky snicker as Aimi put thoughts into his head on how to trick people with such flames which he supposed was big part of his fascination with seeing it in action in the first place.
Once that was sorted the Bannin quickly went into explaining a new technique called a Will-o-the-wisp, which sounded quite devilish and full of even more tricks as the Special Jounin listened intently to every detail and becoming enamoured by the flames of trickery.

Once Aimi had explained it and showed it off he went on to show the handseals in slow motion, in turn allowing Nishiki to truly focus on them and pick out all the minor details as he memorised each one before imagining himself doing them and what moulding the flames would be like.
"Alright..." the young fox spoke out, psyching himself up as he took all the details in and moved to perform the jutsu for himself.
With careful focus the boy copied each handseal as delicately as he could muster and focused on his chakra, feeling the burning flare of katon rush through him then feeling its essence being whipped around with the likeness of fuuton, cooling its monstrous intent but but wholly like before as a hidden spark became wrapped up in the chakra at the centre before it all flowed out a ferocious demon masquerading as a delicate princess.

Unfortunately the flame was a little more tricky than the previous and as it was beginning to form like a pretty, enticing flower, it suddenly errupted and exploded rather prematurely much like an heavily stressed balloon.
"Ugh..." Nishiki was a little speechless over what happened as embarrassment started to fill him, though before anyone could reprimand him he instantly shook it all away and tried again.

Feeling like already knew what he missed the first time, with a deliberate ignorance to the menacing chuckle within, the Jinchuuriki went straight into another set of handseals and focused once again on twisting his katon chakra as it flowed through him; the burning heat cooled and wrapped around a small remaining spark once again but this time he focused hard and locked it in, bringing out the true essence of the blue fire whilst hiding the trickery within as the flames then formed once more before the duo.

This time the blue fire remained an alluring light, enticing those around into it but was certain to explode if anyone did accept such an invitation or it would if one of them was brave enough to test it.
"Shishiiii... Worked that time, right?" Nishiki gave a little delightful snicker as he felt further accomplishment, though lowered himself a little as he posed his words as a question since they still had to see if it would in fact explode.
TrainingShow
Katon • Will-O-The-Wisp
D-Rank Ninjutsu
The user makes the handseals and creates a small ball of flame in the air in front of them. Visually the same as Ghost-Light, the ball of flame differs in that it is immobile, remaining stationary even if someone aside from the caster approaches it. When someone other than the caster comes within a meter of it, the ball will rapidly heat up and explode outwards with the force of 1 exploding tag. The flame lasts for 4 posts.

488/400 words

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:56 pm

There was only one way to find out if it worked or not! Aimi knew these jutsu like the back of his hand, he'd been making and perfecting them since he was younger than Nishiki was now. Raising his arm up he waved his hand towards the fox and said, "Back up a little bit, about two meters or so, and we'll see." He would then wait for Nishiki to do as he was instructed before stepping forward himself and closing the distance between himself and Nishiki's Will-o-the-wisp. The instant that he was within a meter of it he saw the telltale signs of the jutsu activating itself, the slight flicker in the flame that was, to the trained eye, a dead give away that the behavior of the flame was changing. In an instant Aimi backed up, leaping back a good two meters well before the flame heated up and expanded outwards, burning itself out and burning nothing but the ground beneath it.

"Very good, Nishiki, very good! Something to keep in mind about the Will-o-wisp is that someone other than you needs to get within a meter of it before it will heat up and expand like that. Placement is key with this jutsu - location location location! If you place it right, your adversaries will never be able to tell the difference between a ghost-light and a will-o-wisp," he instructed. It occurred to him only just then that he maybe should have been having Nishiki take notes, this was going to be a lot to remember otherwise! But the Kaguya assumed that the fox would learn as he used them, make notes himself, make his own ghost-light jutsu some day perhaps. The thought occurred to him that he could give the Tsukino the scroll he had of ghost-light jutsu at home for him to study. It wasn't like he hadn't memorized his own creations by heart already...

But where was the hands-on fun of teaching someone by example doing it that way? Turning away from Nishiki he looked over towards the water where he had been standing when he started training that day and chose which jutsu to teach him next. "Listen closely Nishiki, because I'm about to teach you an important lesson about Katon ninjutsu. Fire makes heat, as you know, but with the right application of handseals and ingenuity, you can making your fire seek heat as well!" Thus said Aimi brought his hands together, took in a deep breath and began to spew out ghost-light looking balls of blue flame one after another until thirteen were made in front of him and floating outwards over the water slowly, the flames just idly bouncing along innocent looking and even jovial. They of course moved that way by design and were meant to catch opponents off guard who thought they could outrun it.

Half turning towards the pink fox the bannin instructed, "Watch closely now," before sprinting off away from and around his line of ghostly flames, appearing again in front of them a good ten meters away. He then performed another quick string of handseals before puffing out an ordinary fireball, spewing it out in front of him only 5 meters or so - which was more than enough for the reaction he wanted. Instantly the smaller blue balls of flame zipped forward - those that were within 5 meters of the orange fireball that was - and rushed into the flame, colliding into it and burning bright and hot, feeding into the fireball and perishing into mere flames while those that were further away continued to bounce along quite happily.

His display finished Aimi rushed back to the shore where Nishiki stood and jutted his thumb over his shoulder. "See that? How the ghost-lights converged on the fireball? It's because it was hotter than they were. This is a heat-seeking jutsu; it'll sneak up on people and burn them before they realize that they're in danger if you use it correctly." The Kaguya half-turned and pointed out to the balls of fire that were still moving forward in a line. "See how slowly those move? It's to catch people off guard, make them think that they can outrun or avoid it. Once they get within 5 meters of one or more of them though, they'll converge on the source of heat and burn it!"

Smiling at the cleverness of his own jutsu Aimi turned back to Nishiki and continued. "Keep in mind though that they will only burn something of a regular body temperature or higher. If they come into contact with something that isn't - a tree, a wall - they'll just vanish, which is why you make so many of them at the start, to increase your chances of hitting your mark. That also means that this jutsu can be tricked if your opponent catches on, so be mindful of how you use it. Now, here's the seals. Show me if you can make it," he said, bringing his hands together again and forming the seals slowly so that Nishiki could watch.

Jutsu UsedShow
Katon • Ghost-light Curse
C-Rank Ninjutsu
The user performs the handseals and creates thirteen floating balls of fire in front of them. These flames will move forward away from the user and spread out gradually, covering a total of 25 meters in a line beside each other. Should anything with a normal body temperature or higher come within five meters of these flames they were begin to converge towards the source of heat with [Speed] equal to the users' [Control], burning whatever they come into contact with with [Strength] equal to the users' [Control]. If they come into contact with something inanimate (A tree, a rock, etc.) they will simply disappear. The user must be within the range of Katon • Ghost-Light to perform this jutsu.
Updated Ghost-Light Jutsu for later copy and pasting!Show
Katon • Ghost-Light
D-Rank Ninjutsu
The user makes the handseals and creates a small ball of flame in the air in front of them. The flame doesn't give off much heat at all and is not as hot as other fire. Touching this ball of flame will not burn the person touching it in the slightest. Similarly, the light this flame gives off is incredibly dull in comparison to other flames. When someone other than the user gets within a foot of this flame, it will disappear only to reappear two meters away in front of them. The flame disappears, moves, and reappears at a speed equal to the user’s [Control]. The flame lasts for 5 posts.

Katon • Will-O-The-Wisp
D-Rank Ninjutsu
The user makes the handseals and creates a small ball of flame in the air in front of them. Visually the same as Ghost-Light, the ball of flame differs in that it is immobile, remaining stationary even if someone aside from the caster approaches it. When someone other than the caster comes within a meter of it, the ball will rapidly heat up and explode outwards at [Speed] and [Strength] equal to the users' [Control]. The flame lasts for 4 posts.

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:01 am

Nishiki grinned with glee behind his chakra cloak as he watched Aimi test the jutsu, backing off as instructed, bearing witness to his work as the flames burned up as intended. The boy then nodded along, listening intently as the man went into further explanation of the practical use of the jutsu before moving onto the next one he had to offer whilst inside Yoshimitsu continued to feign disinterest over the whole training despite actually feeling slight admiration for what the stupid human had done to his Katon.

The young fox focuses as his sensei moved on to the third jutsu, watching his handseals and mannerisms as the man explained about heat of fire before spewing out more ghost lights in a kind of lingering group, intriguing the lad as his curiosity of what they would do rose but also further fueled his own ideas like in the past.
The bare chested Bannin followed up with a demonstration as he moved in and breathed out a true fiery ball which drew in all the little ghost lights, proving what the man stated before and completing the example the boy needed to try it for himself.

Nishiki listened to the final explanation and took in the seals once more before picturing it for himself and stepping forwards, his own hands moving as he remembered them and the coldness of the fire as he pulled on and twisted the katon chakra within.
Once complete the Special Jounin breathed out as his sensei did, spewing ghostly blue flames before him as intended but he was not done yet for they needed to be tested and the boy moved to copy his sensei nearly exactly so that he could do so himself.
"Here goes!" he shouted as he reached into his pouch now hidden in his cloak and ran around the flames similarly to Aimi, though not quite as fast.

As he appeared where the Kaguya stood to prove how his jutsu worked, the Tsukino's hand appeared from behind him full of a magenta glow indicating channelling was happening and when he opened it a weather doll floated out and began to burn up as it shot out towards the blue flames appearing like some sort of orange ghostly figure and sure enough they all came at it proving the jutsu worked.
"Yes!" the boy exclaimed with a jump before rushing back to his sensei's side, his cloak hiding another deep and satisfied grin.
Jutsu UsedShow
Katon • Ember Ghost
D-Rank Ninjutsu
The user will channel katon chakra into a weather doll causing it to expand and burn up into a 1 foot diameter ghostly looking fireball which then zooms at the opponent. It travels up to 10 meters away at [control] speed and a strength.
Jutsu TrainedShow
410/400 words.
Katon • Ghost-light Curse
C-Rank Ninjutsu
The user performs the handseals and creates thirteen floating balls of fire in front of them. These flames will move forward away from the user and spread out gradually, covering a total of 25 meters in a line beside each other. Should anything with a normal body temperature or higher come within five meters of these flames they were begin to converge towards the source of heat with [Speed] equal to the users' [Control], burning whatever they come into contact with with [Strength] equal to the users' [Control]. If they come into contact with something inanimate (A tree, a rock, etc.) they will simply disappear. The user must be within the range of Katon • Ghost-Light to perform this jutsu.

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Nishiki seemed to be a natural at this particular string of katon ninjutsu that he had created. It'd been almost a decade ago now since he originally created his ghost-light jutsu and as he watched the pink fox perform his techniques one after another with varying degrees of difficulty he recalled how difficult it had been for him to make even a single ghost-light. All of those nights he had spent off alone in the forest on the outer island outside of the village, all the steps he had taken and now he watched as the younger shinobi performed each one sequentially as he taught them with seemingly little ease. It was a somber reminder that he was more naturally gifted with taijutsu than he was ninjutsu but also that this must have been easier for Nishiki, in part, because of Yoshimitsu. The elemental genma had at least some small part to play in how adept Nishiki was at performing his jutsu of this he had no doubt - though he was also certain that interest was another part of it. Nishiki had always liked using trickery and guile when possible.

"Very good," Aimi said with a smile at the excited Tsukino. "Let's move on. I think you'll like this one," he said and as he spoke he held his left hand up. Channeling his chakra the palm of his hand erupted in ghostly blue flames that lightly flickered and clung to his hand, covering his palm and his fingers.

"It's called 'Foxfire'," he said with a smirk, knowing that the foxy genma host would probably get a kick out of that. "Named after that bio-luminescent fungus that grows on fallen logs and such, you can use it for communication mainly," he explained. "Like so." As he spoke he brought his hand over to his chest and wiped it down over his pecs and stomach, leaving behind a smear of blue fire that clung to his skin and glowed brilliantly. He knelt down and extended his index finger and wrote out the written kanji for foxfire in the sand before drawing a quick smiley face and pressing it hand against the sand underneath the kanji to leave a burning hand print.

"It doesn't burn or anything, it's safe to touch. You can write out messages or codes using this or you can use it as a safe source of light that isn't going to catch anything on fire accidentally. If you're wondering how it's leaving my hand and going on to other things it's because of my chakra. You know the tree walking jutsu or the water walking version? Same concept, really, except you apply that to the fire. The result lets it cling on to surfaces and it acts as fuel for the fire. As such, it only lasts for a limited amount of time which is both a good and a bad thing. If you want to write a message for a team mate so that only they'll understand it, timing and placement is key. Of course the same can be said for if you're trying to distract an enemy and such," he explained, standing up and waving his hand so that the flames would go out on his palm though the smear on his chest remained. As was becoming a trend with all of these jutsu there was plenty for Aimi to say in terms of their use. Clearly the bannin had put a lot of thought, heart and soul into these techniques!

"No handseals for this one. You've gotta channel the chakra which makes it a bit more difficult than the others you've learned so far. You have to keep the fires' properties in mind while also applying that stickiness to it. Remember - tree climbing jutsu. Show me what you can do. Oh, and one more thing - there's a couple of follow up jutsu that go with this one, so write or draw out a couple of things," he said before taking a step back and letting Nishiki take the lead.

Jutsu UsedShow
Katon • Foxfire
D-Rank Ninjutsu
The user makes the handseals and gathers chakra in their hand, igniting it in a cool, dull flame that lines the palms of their hand. The user can then wipe their hand across a surface, such as stone, wood, or the earth, and leave a smear of fire that burns continuously with the users' chakra acting as an adhesive on the surface. The user could also write messages or draw pictures even – any form of written communication is possible. These flames are cool to the touch, being exactly normal body temperature. The chakra imbued in the flames lasts for up to 5 posts before burning away completely and the flame fading.

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:41 am

Straight onto the next jutsu it seemed as Aimi praised his young pupil over completing the Ghostlight Curse and started explaining a new, very intriguing jutsu called Foxfire which indeed tickled the pink fox over the name of it as such he watched more intently than even before as it was performed before him and took in all the details through his eager fuzzy ears.

Nishiki was rather adept at chennelling but it was still not the easiest thing to instantly copy as there was no indication of flow or direction like with handseals, as such it was truly down to himself to truly make the fire as he believed which added a bit of a challenge to their little training session.
"Foxfiiiire" the boy spoke in awe as he watched the blue flames kind of stick to everything that Aimi touched
Hearing his bannin sensei talk about the jutsu in similar vein to the tree climbing technique helped as it granted a better picture to work off of, filling the young Tsukino's mind with a better understanding to get things started given that there were no handseals to copy.

With a nod and a grin the chakra cloaked jinchuuriki focused on his own chakra, thinking both katon and tree climbing as a glow of magenta flooded to his right hand indicating that channelling as taking place until suddenly a blue flame lit up across his palm.
"Ooh" the boy reacted as he looked at the flame before bending down towards the ground and pressing the fire to it.
"Gagh" he then blurted as he pulled back up only to realise the fire did not attach, causing the boy to shake his hand quite violently only to realise it was well and truly stuck.
"Oops... It's kinda too stuck" he commented a little embarrassed as he then watched the fire simply die down before taking a deep breath to focus and try again.

Focusing his mind once again Nishiki pulled on the idea of katon mixed with the tree climbing technique but began to twist it around a bit compared to previously, folding the chakras together whilst trying to shake it up and make sure the fire wasn't going to just stick to his hand but instead clung to wherever it touched.
With all that in mind the boy once again began to channel with his signature magenta coloured chakra glow until the blue flames once again form along the palm of his hand, then with another deep breath he once again knelt to the ground to press.
"Let's try again" he simply commented as he wearily wiped his hand across the ground only to see it spread as intended, filling hm full of confidence once more as his grin grew.
"Shishishi" he chuckled a she happily spread it everywhere followed by ending things with a small message.
"Foxfire is super cool, thank you Aimi-sama" he wrote on the ground with glee.
Jutsu TrainedShow
492/400 Words

Katon • Foxfire
D-Rank Ninjutsu
The user makes the handseals and gathers chakra in their hand, igniting it in a cool, dull flame that lines the palms of their hand. The user can then wipe their hand across a surface, such as stone, wood, or the earth, and leave a smear of fire that burns continuously with the users' chakra acting as an adhesive on the surface. The user could also write messages or draw pictures even – any form of written communication is possible. These flames are cool to the touch, being exactly normal body temperature. The chakra imbued in the flames lasts for up to 5 posts before burning away completely and the flame fading.

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:34 pm

The bannin smirked at Nishiki's first failed attempt, watching as he flung his hand around violently as if it was going to burn him. Which, he supposed, it could if he had made it improperly but the distinct blue color told him otherwise. "It's not gonna bite!" he said with a smile on his face. That reaction was very close to how he had reacted the first time he failed at transplanting the fire from his hand onto something else... although he had actually ended up burning himself a bit because of his lack of concentration at the time. He stood and watched as on the second time Nishiki got it right and left an imprint of flame on the ground before writing something. As he wrote the bannin moved behind him and looked down at what he had written before once again smirking at the message.

"You're welcome. Now, time for some follow up jutsu," he said, holding his hand up and channeling katon chakra into the palm of his hand again to make foxfire. "There's going to be times when something you write down to communicate might be seen by an enemy, and you need to be prepared for that eventuality. One of the ways to do this is to turn your message into a trap for anyone you don't want to read it. Observe," he instructed, turning his back on Nishiki and stepping a few paces up the beach to a bare stretch of sand before kneeling down and writing out the kanji for 'Boom!' in flame. Standing up and clenching his fist to extinguish the remaining flame, Aimi took a few steps back and gestured to Nishiki to do the same before looking back at the word he had written and bringing his hands together.

"You know explosive tags?" he asked rhetorically, knowing full well that the genma host did. With a quick string of seals and a small kai's worth of chakra sent to the written word Aimi made the flames burst outwards in a violent explosion that shot up towards the sky in a flash of blue and red and orange for a brief moment before it was all gone! No flame was left behind and, more importantly if Nishiki observed it, no damage to the beach itself. Aimi turned towards Nishiki and jutted his thumb in the direction of the explosion that had just occurred. "That's how you turn your words into a weapon. If anyone tries to read this you can just make it explode in their face! Or you could turn anything into a bomb, more or less, without actually damaging an object. If you look in the sand you'll find it undisturbed. That's because all of the force from the explosion is directed outwards, so anything you put a foxfire on will remain unharmed while anything in front of it will feel the burn. Conversely," he paused, forming another string of seals and targeting the burning blue flame still lingering on his chest. As he finished the seals and lowered his hands, the flames simply vanished without a trace, leaving no mark of any kind that they had ever been there at all.

"Once the recipient of your message has gotten it, you can simply make it cease to exist. Useful for keeping information out of the wrong hands, or, alternatively, if used in a more... mischievous fashion, useful for deception and manipulation of information. For example, making only part of a kanji disappear, so long as you write it out separately of course, to change its' meaning and thus make the message useless to anyone else. Or like Ghost-light, if you can manage to get someone lost and disorientated this jutsu can only help with furthering that... So, which do you want to learn first?" he asked curiously.

Jutsu UsedShow
Katon • Popping Foxfire
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Katon • Foxfire
The user makes the handseals and sends a small burst of chakra forth towards a message written using Katon • Foxfire. This chakra causes the message to explode outwards. This explosion has [Strength] equal to the users' [Control]. Because the force is all directed outwards, the surface that the message was written on remains unharmed.

Katon • Vanishing Foxfire
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Must know Katon • Foxfire
The user makes the handseals and sends a small burst of chakra forth towards a message written using Katon • Foxfire. This chakra causes the message to burn through its chakra prematurely and fade away within a post.

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Post by Sia » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:42 am

Maido approached the two of them, a clone for one, her real self for the other. Her white hair beckoned myseteriously. A walking myth in the mists. She held a scythe in her hand, a black foral dress and choker. She didn't touch the ground, she resembled a scarecrow joker. A plague doctor mask, also in black, it covered her face, yet red eyes did glow in the cracks. The scythe too dripped venom, and she sang when she talked. She danced when she...walked? If one looked closely, maido merely floated. Her legs folded undernearth, barefoot and deserted.

She floated, not walked, and it was quite obvious. They were among superiors, but she said nothing of it. She wass casual as hell, though it was usually quite unnervig. Being approached by a Goddess tended to be quite disturbing. A smile crossed her face, and she removed her mask. Too her brothers in the mist, she curtseyed at last. "Good to see you, my brothers. Do you wish to become Gods?"
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”