Rhymen n Stealen in a Drunken State

Sia
User flair: I am made to protect and destroy.

Post by Sia » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:36 pm

Truly, she would be rhyming her rhymes on the way to Hell's gates. Humming a tune to herself, the eldest of the Muramasa family stalked through the busy Kirigakure streets. In the pale moonlight of the mist, the streets bustled with activity here in the market quarters. Maido let her students wander off today, away from her eyes. They were nowhere to be seen for the time being, but she knew they weren't too far away. She could still sense them, albeit just barely.

Listening to the ruckus and squabbling of those around her, she began to tune it out after a while. So many people, so many problems. She felt unattached, weightless. The problems of humans were so fickle, after all. She just couldn't relate. She noticed then, a market stall unattended, but wares still out in plain view. She wondered whether a kretin would make a break for it. After all, this area was known for its inhabitants having sticky fingers.

Making her way through the crowds, she went for a closer look. Perhaps there would be something neat. As she drew closer, the noticed there was one other individual that had fixated their gaze on this particular stall. Maido made eye contact for a moment, looked towards the stall, then back to the soul. "I won't tell if you won't."
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

LunarCataphract

Post by LunarCataphract » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:57 am

Hmmm hmmm..hmmm hmm~” Fujikawa mostly kept to herself, strutting through the streets, confident steps carrying her nowhere specifically. Each step was accompanied by a puff on her pipe, the smoke seeping out from her lips, rising skyward as a faint wisp that eventually dissipated. The nightlife of Kirigakure was interesting for a variety of reasons. Good booze, plenty of entertainment, interesting people to meet and of course, some of the more…spicy stores opened their doors at this time of night. It was actually one of these late night stalls that Fujikawa had, many years ago, purchased her Kiseru from. She’d never managed to find that stall again. Perhaps the owner went out of business.

Yet, what she did manage to find on this night of all nights was a stall hawking many wears which she was rather charmed with. Well crafted pipes, oaken statues carved with the care of a master and numerous pieces of jewellery, sealed away inside locked cases, but they were all seemingly left unattended, at the risk of theft. Hmmm….it was rather tempting. Those Kiserus did look rather fetching and Fujikawa had been looking for a replacement. As beloved as her current one was, years of use and burning tobacco had caused its former beauty to fade away. As inevitable as it may have been, it did still bring pain to Fujikawa’s heart.

It seemed that Fujikawa was not the only one considering that idea, given how another potential customer to her right was looking for a five finger discount as well. A smirk spread across the pharmacist’s face, amusement and intrigue spawning at just how very bold this woman was. Here she was eager to filch goods herself, in full sight of another, and equally willing to try and encourage another to engage in the act as well. Bahahahahahaha.

Hmmm…rather devious aren’t we?” She took one step closer to the daring thief, leaning down to take a look at the objects that had caught her eye. Hmmm….good eye but Fujikawa had a subtle feeling an opportunity this good was quite simply too good to be true. Hmmm…..Fujikawa simply gave a subtle nod of the head, drawing upon her pipe, a puff of smoke. She was eager to see just whether this brazen thief could get away with it.

Sia

Post by Sia » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:42 pm

Fortunately, Maido had chosen to go out in something different. Today, she wouldn't be so easily recognizable by the other high ranked Shinobi that may or may not be stalking in the shadows. Today, she could blend in and out of the crowd whenever she wanted. Go wherever she wanted. Do whatever she wanted. Whenever she wanted, and with whoever she wanted. Right now? Oh boy, she wanted. She wanted lots of things. But they needed to be careful. Actually, she began to have a rather amusing thought. She wondered then just how much they might could get away with and even rub it in some faces that they weren't caught just for giggles.

She made her way closer to Fujikawa and spoke in a hushed voice, introducing herself. "They call me Maido. Take this, and throw it near the guard over there." She produced from his pouch a white senbon, made of Kaguya bone. "After you throw it, you'll become invisible, but throw it somewhere to create a diversion." She produced another one and her hand bumped against Fujikawa's as they chatted, nonchalantly passing a needle to them. "If we don't get caught, I'll rub it in his face later."

She smiled a wicked grin, before tossing the needle into a pot at another merchant stall, shattering it quite loudly but also causing herself to turn invisible immediately. She grabbed onto Fujikawa's wrist, so they would know where she was, and began to walk towards their target stall.
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.

LunarCataphract

Post by LunarCataphract » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:40 am

Hmmm….is that your game…? Merely using me as a distraction, a sleight of hand, a misdirection….rather bold of you to assume I’ll settle for playing second fiddle in some petty theft.” In a sudden viper-like movement, Fujikawa did accept the senbon but she also wrapped a hand around Maido’s waist, sweeping her low to the ground. She positioned her face mere inches away from this would-be thief and trouble maker, an arrogant and prideful grin decorating her own features, paired with a spark of amusement within her crimson eyes. This Maido was a rather devious little minx of a person wasn't she? Fujikawa did find herself wondering just who exactly she was.

But of course, why simply help myself to these trinkets when I could claim the real prize: yourself. Fufu~” She spoke in hushed whispers, a barely audible tone, a private message that only the intended receiver should be able to hear. Fujikawa chuckled warmly to herself, returning Maido to a standing position, having stepped back, allowing her prize to stand up straight. Hmmm~ Physical items were of a certain pleasure but true joy was to be found in people. Their struggles, their karma, their companionship, their goals, dreams and aspirations. Those were the things that added colour to the world after all.

Still, she subtly launched the needle towards a nearby vase, sleight of hand allowing her to launch the senbon unnoticed. The vase shattered, a crack radiating out from where the needle had hit and the next thing Fujikawa knew, she was invisible. Well, invisible and holding this daring little devil’s hand. That was the real delight in this. It made the chemist wish to simply devour her new associate here and now but ahhhhh, skipping to the main course was always a rather poor showing in polite company. Still, Fujikawa allowed herself to be led towards the target stall, stepping around the people in the way to avoid giving away her presence.

Sia

Post by Sia » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:57 pm

"Petty theft is child's play here." Said the eldest Muramasa with an evil grin. She was beginning to like this one indeed, relinquishing her hold on the items she had collected and merely observing for a moment, maintaining her invisibility and perchin for a moment before floating upwards and standing on the ceiling. Watching from above, she spoke softly. "Well...I am a bit notorious around here. Either the guards see me and don't care what happens, or they keep a very very watchful eye on me for the exact same reason and I can get away with absolutely nothing. There tends to be not much of an in between I am afraid." She said, watching as Fujikawa waltzed about the marketgrounds now. Maido did a series of hand seals and began to feel out with her sensory jutsu, honing in on Fujikawa's location then and singling her out in the crowd.

Maido then began to single out anyone else in the crowd with a notable chakra pool. She discerned several d-rank capables and several b-ranks as well, then further analyzed them, Fujikawa, and everyone else in between. She was silent for a long moment, and her two students finally spoke up. Muramasa, Hisayo and Muramasa, Kayoko were in black attire today, they were out and about shopping for some clothing for a coming cold journey. Where they were going, even Maido could not stave off the cold forever. Hisayo watched, observing the changes in light as Fujikawa walked about and found her marks. She whispered into Maido's fuuinjutsu, for Kayoko and Maido to hear. "This one might make a nice huntress, I would imagine." She said after a moment.

Maido agreed, and broke the invisibility on her technique, but kept her footing on the ceiling above Fujikawa. "Say, you walk pretty good. Are you a shinobi after all then?" Maido hadn't really paid terribly much attention to whether or not she had been wearing a headband before. "If so, I have perhaps an opportunity for you then."
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

LunarCataphract

Post by LunarCataphract » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:26 pm

Mmm. Is that so? Ahhh I’m going to fall in with a bad crowd if I keep hanging around with you~” Fujikawa laughed ever so slightly, chuckling to herself, greatly amused at just how bad a girl she had fallen in with. Did trouble attract the chemist? Or did the chemist attract trouble? Perhaps both were true. Trouble and danger were spices of life, things that added flavour to an otherwise utterly dull canvas and Fujikawa absolutely did not want to leave behind a dull canvas. There was nothing in her life she considered a greater failure than simply dying and being forgotten…hah!

Mmm? I am. Does this opportunity come with a hearty payment attached? I do so very much enjoy the sensation of being paid for a dishonest day’s work.” Fujikawa shot a quick look upwards towards Maido, before subtly helping herself to a rather nice pipe from the table. God bless the invisibility. She stashed it away inside of her clothing, the layers and invisibility hiding it from view. She was considering returning later or offering her victim some form of compensation eventually but for now, she was rather happy keeping her ill gotten gains to herself.

A simple application of chakra later and Fujikawa had walked up to the roof, her feet attaching to the walls, allowing her to scale them as easily as she would walk across the ground. She sat down next to Maido, dismissing her invisibility before taking out the pipe that actually did belong to her. She lit the kiseru, brought it to her lips and took a deep breath before exhaling, a cloud of wispy smoke floating upwards towards the sky.

Hmmmm. Do you share this vice? I always long for new smoking associates.” It seemed to be that, among most of Fujikawa’s peers, few of them wished to poison their lungs.

Sia

Post by Sia » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:09 pm

The eldest Muramasa gave a cheeky grin. Fujikawa's chuckle was a nice sound, truly. "Payment is never an issue." Maido said confidently. Hisayo and Kayoko continued paid for their shopping and Hisayo performed a series of hand seals, unleashing a plume of smoke along the ground as her summon manifested into reality. Substiwolf rose, its many eyes darting about the room before its long hairy paws grabbed the shopping and it immediately vanished from sight. Turning her focus on Fujikawa then Hisayo began to size them up better, taking in their finer features and noting them in her mind. Kayoko on the other hand didn't particularly pay them much mind for more than a moment, turning her attention to a cute girl nearby. She put her hands in her pockets and wandered off, sulking.

Maido rolled her eyes, having noticed Kayoko, but otherwise let her be. "I find myself travelling quite a lot these days and I am quite old, contrary to my appearance. I like to take some company with me to keep from being bored. I have to go to the edges of the country soon and could take another student with me." She gestured towards Hisayo and Kayoko as she spoke the last few words. "We're going on a hunt, the pay will be quite...handsome." Hisayo has inched closer by now and offered a polite smile to Fujikawa, as well as her name, "Muramasa, Hisayo." She followed this with a quiet whisper, "Maido's like three hundred years old and kinda crazy but she's a good time."

Maido gave Hisayo a dirty look but said nothing on the matter. To Fujikawa however, her eyebrows raised in amusement. "I think you'll find we all like to inhale things here." As she spoke, a surge of chakra rifled throughout her lungs, and a thick, blood-red mist escaped outwards from her nostrils, pervading into Hisayo and Kayoko's nostrils before dissipating. "May I?" She gestured towards Fujikawa's pipe.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

LunarCataphract

Post by LunarCataphract » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:13 am

Good. I have no desire for my services to be simply given away.” The exchange of money for goods or services was a fundamental law the world seemed intent to run upon and well, if that was how the game was to be played then it was best to take advantage of such a thing. Suddenly, the Muramasa conjured their dog, the summon appearing and taking away the shopping as quickly as they had arrived. Ah that was a shame. Fujikawa liked animals and would have very much appreciated an opportunity to introduce herself to the multi eyed and out of the ordinary canine. No matter, for she supposed there was always the future.

A student, hm?” A student…it was a curious and interesting opportunity, one that gave Fujikawa a genuine reason to pause. Teaching from a more experienced master, especially one that was allegedly far older than they seemed, was an opportunity. An opportunity to learn greater jutsu, an opportunity to be guided down the path and an opportunity to gleam insight into how truly experienced shinobi did things. Yet, there was another side to this. Fujikawa had her own business to run and patients to assist with, as well as general shinobi duties within the village. She was unsure if she had the time to simply gallivant across the globe.

Hmm….Obviously, I will need information to decide. Where is your trip taking you? And of course, what can you teach me?” Those would be the deciding factors at the end of the day. The edge of the country was a reasonable destination, even if it was a little vague, but the true clincher would be what exactly Fujikawa could learn from this. Hert store was of no real concern given how she owned the building and could simply close it for a few weeks to a couple months. She had money in her savings after all.

Ah? Sure.” Fujikawa reached into the depths of her clothing and brought out that other pipe she’d stolen, filling it with her special blend of tobacco before offering it to Maido. A three hundred year old master….hmmmm that sounded like something out of a fantasy novel. An ancient and eccentric master taking on a younger student as part of a trip all over the country? It was indeed a tantalising opportunity but as had been said, it would all depend on what exactly Maido could teach and of course, which border region exactly they intended to visit.

Sia

Post by Sia » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:48 am

The eldest Muramasa chuckled to herself. Maido thought for a long moment and stared at Fujikawa momentarily, lost in thought. "Hmm... Whatever it is, really, that you would like to learn. It can be whatever your heart desires." Said Maido with a cheeky grin before she turned away and continued talking whilst slowly leaving the area. "Yeah, a student of...sorts, wherever we want, whenever we want, doing whatever we want." To this, Hisayo and Kayoko actually nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it tends to be quite crazy, but you get used to it after a while. It comes and goes like waves. I find its best to just enjoy it and go with the flow. Sometimes Maido can be a little crazy, and though her actions may come off us wild, believe me, there has always been a method to her madness." Spoke Hisayo somewhat quietly into Fujikawa's ear, stepping up and close so that she could feel her breath on her skin.

"As for me, I find myself thinking we should steer towards Iwagakure again to be perfectly transparent with you, Maido tends to bounce back and forth between there and here quite a bit for business purposes. I believe we may be going ghost for a mission soon...I am not really certain." She added and shrugged. Kayoko elbowed her. "I think I'm going to go ahead and ghost out now, Hisayo, I want a nap." She said sheepishly and examined Fujikawa's finer features for herself. Perhaps they may bump into her again after all then, she thought to herself, before she reached into her pocket and turned invisible before she began to disappear. Maido stayed quite visible herself now, and slowed her pace, tracking Kayoko intently and quietly, suddenly disappearing herself and then sneaking up behind Kayoko to snatch her and test her. The invisibility broke, Maido moved too quickly, and the last thing Fujikawa would see of them would be Kayoko being yanked by the back of her shirt off the ground before Maido took a single step and they both disappeared immediately.

Hisayo gave a polite nod, then began to forget Fujikawa's face as she turned to walk away. She wasn't sure she'd really see them again, so the didn't think to commit them to memory. How embarrassing that would turn out to be for her, little did she know.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

LunarCataphract

Post by LunarCataphract » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:40 pm

Hmm….a tempting offer indeed.” Fujikawa would need to think about it. While she was absolutely one for decisive decisions, there were times when it paid dividends to take a step back, to think, to consider, to simply hold your horses. This was, in her own not so very humble opinion, one of those times; especially given how she was not even sure she could trust Maido, or that Maido would even make a good teacher. She did seem a rather erratic and chaotic individual, something her companions were more than eager to attest to, what with their mentioning of how it got “quite crazy” around Maido.

Iwagakure? I suppose I will accompany you. I have long desired to visit other villages.” Despite the placid and almost disinterested tone to the chemist’s voice, there was definitely a degree of curiosity and interest to her, all of it entirely contained within the twinkle of her crimson eyes. Still, despite that it seemed it was time everyone went their separate ways. Kayako took her leave first, turning invisible, followed by Maido turning invisible to play some little trick on Kayako, only for them to both disappear and assumedly, depart to greener pastures.

Well, if that is how it is, then I suppose this is goodbye for now. I will see you around…Hisayo was it? Yes. I very much believe the two of us will be seeing each other again.” Fujikawa flashed that smile of hers towards Hisayo. It was a bold, daring, confident and egotistical thing, a smile that could only be possessed by those whose confidence truly and utterly breached into the realms of madness. Fujikawa was the last one to take her leave, simply returning to her home to study, to plan, to research. It would simply not do if she did not have some idea of what she wished to gain from any potential tutorage under Maido, especially if they were going to be on a trip to Iwagakure together.

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”