Numb limbs and blocked vessels. (Closed-training.)

LunarCataphract

Numb limbs and blocked vessels. (Closed-training.)

Post by LunarCataphract » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:31 pm

When did the symptoms first manifest?” Fujikawa sat in the backroom of her pharmacy, a private consultation room set up with a pair of chairs, a desk, a storage unit for storage and a small bed for patients to rest upon which yes, was equipped with a curtain for privacy. The medical ninja sat opposite her patient, a young youth from the local neighbourhood (roughly a few summers into his early twenties) who had been reporting recent…medical abnormalities.

A few weeks ago. It started with my right leg getting cramped and going numb occasionally, refusing to bear any weight until like, the blood starts flowing again or something? I don’t really get why. It’s weird and only if I like, jerk my leg forward when I wake up.” Odd. Very odd. That was Fujikawa’s first thoughts on the matter. Suddenly jerking your leg out and it going numb? At first, it sounded like the young man had pulled something but it seemed to pass very quickly so, perhaps, it was simply the blood flow?

And then…?” Fujikawa smiled towards the brown haired youth before leaning back into her chair, expression changing to a thoughtful furrow of the brows. She needed more information. That much was blatantly obvious. Hmmm…

Well, it’s seemingly getting worse. I keep feeling a like, stiffness in my limb constantly. A lot of the time when I put any weight on it it just locks up and starts to ache until I sit down.” Okay. Now that was a key piece of news. Numbness in the leg, aching when putting weight on it until you rest… That sounded familiar. Very very familiar but even if Fujikawa had a strong inkling as to what exactly was the cause, she knew better than to simply jump in without proving it.

Okay. I have a good idea what exactly the issue is but I would like to confirm it with an inspection before I offer anything. Would you be willing to pull up your right and left trouser legs please, up to the area where the aching is present?” Like a good patient, the blue eyed youth did exactly that, rolling up his trouser legs to roughly just below the knee. This was a perfect opportunity to put into practice a new medical jutsu. The ninja’s finger’s danced through the hand signs, chakra forming over her hands.

She held her hands against the young man’s right leg, hovering them just above the skin, chakra flowing from her arms, permeating his skin, muscle, arteries, veins and bones, expanding throughout the organic network until…yup. Her chakra stumbled upon the problem: a buildup of plaque within the veins. Blocked vessels limiting the flow of oxygen and other vital substances would definitely explain the cause of the aching, numbness and need to rest commonly.

Okay. I diagnose you with a buildup of plaque and cholesterol. What is your diet and lifestyle like?” She pulled her hands away, allowing the young man to lower his trouser legs, covering the limbs up and resecuring some form of privacy which did seem to actually help relax the patient, at least if his nervous smile fading away to a more regular one, tinged with detectable notes of what almost passed for relief.

Oh right uh. I eat a lot of like, red meat and stuff like cheese or dairy. Don’t really go out much. Kind of just stay at home outside of school and stuff.” Uh huh. That was all coming together now. Fatty foods, especially if they proved to be a large part of this young lad’s diet, would eventually start causing problems as the years rolled by and it seemed that this one’s number had been called.

Alright. I want you to cut back on red meat, dairy, cheeses and fatty foods. I would also suggest cutting back on chocolate, confectionery and other sweet things. I’ll be writing up an easy exercise routine for you to follow and send that to you over the coming days. It’ll help tackle the plaque build up inside of your veins. It’s fortunate that you came to me when you did as honestly, my analysis has revealed you’re only suffering from easily resolved symptoms.” Fujikawa rose up from her seat, before making her way to the consultation room’s door, holding it open for her patient.

But before I discharge you, is there anything else I can help with?” The young lad, rather taken aback by just how quickly he had been diagnosed (even if it made sense given the context of how Fujikawa had employed the Ijitsu arts to figure out the issue) was not quite sure what to ask, if anything. A few moments of thought passed, his mind blank as he tried to think up something, anything, feeling compelled to ask something or anything. However, not a single thing came to mind.

Oh uh. No. There’s nothing else. Thank you Setsuko-san.” And just like that the young lad took his leave, vacating the store and freeing up Fujikawa to write up her report, file it away inside a sealed set of drawers. Having reports on a patient's past medical history was a key part of her work, hence why she kept the records under the strongest lock and key she could. In a few weeks she would send the promised exercise routine to her patient, as well as plans to catch up and monitor his health in a couple of months.

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”