A meeting of chance

Kaitos10

A meeting of chance

Post by Kaitos10 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:54 am

Hiroko got permission to finally visit kiri after a week or so maybe longer after her visit to steam country and the meeting between the jinchuriki. Her genma has been passively aggressively nagging her to go visit kiri because she still wanted to nag vorashu. Plus she wanted to keep her genma happy and she was interested in what she could learn in kiri. Pushed just hoped everything would turn out fine and that the host of vorashu was serious about helping out other jinchuriki. Maybe she could learn techniques or get new ideas for various things.

Because she was still one of the villages two important jinchuriki, she was sent in secret with two other high level iwa ninja. They secretly traveled in a merchant hooded carriage, as well as disguised as common merchants. During her trip to kiri she trained diligently on her willpower by meditating. It was a long arduous journey with many bumps. So trying to focus on mediation instead of her sore bottom was a daunting task indeed. It didn’t help that the carriage moved so slow compared to a shinobi running but that’s the price you had to pay for safety she guessed.

They had hoped to get to kiri without incident and with no one paying attention to them. It seemed to be going well, though even the best laid plans don’t always go off without a hitch. Maybe she just jinxed it by being bored or maybe it was just bad luck. Either way a few bandits showed up and stopped them demanding all there supplies. One of the iwa ninja secretly and discreetly started scanning there surroundings making sure there was no one else watching. Meanwhile the other ninja acting as the driver stalled trying to beg them to let them keep some supplies. But when it was clear there was no one else around for miles they quickly and quietly knocked out the bandits.

They then brought them into the cart were Hiroko helped the other ninja loot them as well as tie them up and prepare them as slaves to be sold in kiri. Thankfully there was no other disturbances along the way. When they got there they transferred all there goods onto a ship and sailed off towards kiri. Hiroko definitely enjoyed the view and it was much more aesthetically pleasing then rock country was. Eventually they reached kirigakure and she started to look around exploring for a bit before heading to a training grounds. The two accompanying iwa ninja went to take care of other business for a bit. Sadly that’s when it happened a tiny venomous insect bit her while training.

She knew shinobi had to be able to endure great pain sometimes and didn’t want to be seen as a failure but fucking damn did it her like a bad curse word involving mothers. She did her best to meditate and focus on her breathing as she carefully looked around to see if there’s anyone who could help her. If she had to she hoped she could make it to a medical facility.

518/800
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

LunarCataphract

A meeting of chance

Post by LunarCataphract » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:40 pm

(Learning the following:

*[Iijutsu • Basic Antidote Technique]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
A useful, but particularly taxing technique, the *[Iijutsu • Basic Antidote Technique] is performed on poisoned patients. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will make a small incision (with a knife, scalpel, etc.) on the patient and then place his/her hands over the new wound. As this chakra is channelled into the body, it extracts the poison out of it and into the user's palm. After one (1) post of the extraction process, the user will remove his/her hand, and place it over a container of some sort (anything that can bear liquid). From here, the liquid poison will be ejected from the hand along with the remaining chakra that was used to extract it. As this chakra interacts with the poison over the course of a second post, its molecules will be rearranged to form the antidote for the poison in question. This works only on C-Rank or lower poisons. The antidote takes a total of three (3) posts to fully rid the body of the poison.)

My my what do we have here?” A voice called out, its owner a crimson haired woman sitting upon the branch of a mighty oak. The tree was tall and sturdy, towering above the jinchuriki, breaking the sun up into dappled rays of light. Fujikawa took a deep breath, inhaling and exhaling, smoke from her pipe floating upwards, wistfully floating away to join with the atmosphere. The chemist’s rightmost eyebrow quirkled upwards,her expression twisting into a curious observation of this foreigner’s meditations. Was she simply here for training? That did make the most sense, she was in the training grounds after all.

Hmmm….you’re from Iwagakure, no? Curious indeed. I can not deny a certain degree of interest in your presence but regardless!” Fujikawa jumped down from the tree, knees bending, force transferring into the ground, coming to a landing before the visitor from Iwagakure. She rose to her full height, standing over Hiroko…no that was not correct. Fujikawa towered over her, the difference in two women’s height a wide gulf. Another breath from her pipe and the acrid scent of Fujikawa’s tobacco, tinged with the aroma of cinnamon and sweet wood smoke, would waft towards the Iwagakure jinchuuriki.

Hm…” Yet, Fujikawa’s eyes darting downwards revealed a rather concerning fact: a small insect bite upon the visitor’s right arm. The chemist, even though she was by no means an entomologist, recognised that bite. It was from a common venomous insect native to these lands. As a chemist and medical ninja the redhead had often treated patients suffering from those bites. They were rarely fatal but that specific insect, an ant if Fujikawa remembered, tended to prove immensely painful. Ah. It seemed that even here, away from her clinic, she could not escape her career.

Did an ant, roughly the size of a coin and coloured a burnt amber, bite you?” Fujikawa bent down on a knee, extinguished her pipe and stored it away inside her body suit before removing a kunai from a pouch worn around her right leg. She held the blade with a strong and steady grip, before extending a hand towards the visitor’s left arm, seeking to firmly grasp it. Hopefully the Iwagakure visitor would not think this was an attempt on her life or something. Fujikawa was simply doing her role as a medical ninja, entirely free of charge too. It would have poor behaviour on the part of a host to demand payment for such a favour.

Hmmmmm do not be alarmed but I could treat that bite for you. It’s not fatal but that specific species of ant is rather common here. The bite tends to hurt. It would require myself making a small incision, if such a thing is tolerable?” Fujikawa smiled softly, her crimson eyes focusing exclusively upon that bite; said bite was in fact starting to swell and turn a bright red akin to the colour of strawberries. It would be painful...very painful. Fujikawa had treated bites like this in the past. It was a shame she was not at her pharmacy. She could have applied an ointment to help reduce the swelling but alas, her patient would simply need to tolerate it with willpower.

(536/1200 words)

Kaitos10

A meeting of chance

Post by Kaitos10 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:19 pm

Would look over at the tree branch above her to see the rather large woman, relaxing there. She wasn’t sure how tall she was exactly but she was definitely at least Hiroko’s height. A bead of sweat came down her fire head as she continues to try and concentrate dealing with the pain as she listened in to her and watched her. But it wasn’t until she jumped down that she realized how tall she truly was. As she looked on surprised at the woman this was the first time she ever met a woman bigger then her. Outside of maybe her clan that is, she wasn’t sure if she should be relieved or upset it was such a confusing swirl of emotions. The pain she was in also wasn’t really helping the situation.

When she mentioned the ant Hiroko would nod and say “yes why do you ask? As for your earlier question yes I’m from iwagakure im Enkouton Hiroko nice to meet you?” She then continued to sweat profusely from her brow as she kept her meditative pose. She would soon learn that the ant was indeed common around her so she figured this must be a common problem they have to deal with. As well as how they know to avoid it. The good news is she learned it wasn’t fatal so she sighed with relief and said “that’s good to hear and yes that would be fine it might even give me something to take my mind off the pain”

She would then wait for her to perform her job while enjoying the scenery now that she has taken time to enjoy it. The scenery here was drastically different from iwagakure instead of only rocks and dirt as far as the eye could see there was actually plants and water she could look at

500+300=800
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

LunarCataphract

A meeting of chance

Post by LunarCataphract » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:11 am

Because visitors tend to run afoul of our wildlife, especially in the training grounds. I suggest next time you avoid the trees or, better yet, purchase some ant repellent. I happen to sell some in fact.“ With the kunai in hand, Fujikawa would make a very shallow incision in Hiroko’s arm, just above the site of the ant bite. She twirled the blade around her finger before wiping the blood off and storing it back away inside the pouch from which it came. The medical ninja could only hope that the Enkouton, whatever an Enkouton was, would not take it as an attack.

Currently you’re my patient. It’s nice to meet you. I am Setsuko Fujikawa” Fujikawa reached into the depths of her outfit and, as much as she did not want to, removed her tobacco tin then emptied its contents out on the ground. It did break her heart to have to waste her own home blend so blatantly but she needed the container to secure the venom. Ah what she did all in the name of her patients and their health. Oh well. It was a great tragedy yes but she did have plenty more at home from which to replenish her supply.

Fujikawa channelled chakra into her hands, a green light enveloping them, before she gently held them against the open cut. Chakra would channel from the red head’s hands into her patient’s wound, the energy flooding her system, aggressively seeking out the venom from the ant bite. A knowing smile spread across the medical ninja’s face as she listened to her patient. It was good when the patient was willing to make small talk. Experience had taught Fujikawa that keeping patients in conversation tended to keep their mind off any discomfort they felt.

This should not take too long. Tell me, what is your home country like? I have never visited Iwagakure.” Fujikawa had visited the border regions between Iwagakure and Kirigakure but from that she had not exactly seen much of Iwagakure, at least not beyond the rocks and dry landscape that seemed to make up the Land of Earth. For Hiroko, she would slowly start to feel the pain from the bite melting away, a direct result of the Basic Antidote Technique Fujikawa was performing to cure them of the affliction.

(402+536 words from the last post=938/1200 towards learning Basic Antidote Technique)

Kaitos10

A meeting of chance

Post by Kaitos10 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:27 pm

Hiroko nods in response saying “makes sense “ she then starts wondering what she could do about it, she then asks her genma and they come with a way to negate further attacks by ants in the future. She then would start to sigh with relief as the poison slowly removed making the pain decrease by the second. She then hears her question and replies “hmmmm mostly a lot of rocks lots and lots of rocks and dirt as far as the eye can see and the buildings are also made out of rocks and dirt. We also have some of our village underground so…..sometimes there’s interesting mushrooms and some shiny rocks or dirt “ she then thinks for a bit and says “that’s about it as far as I can remember. Though I hear we get lots of valuable stuff from the rocks and dirt like gold? But I never got to see it in large quantities yet.”

She thinks for a bit more and says “oh and we have a really big and strong wall made out of rocks.”

Hiroko would then listens to see if the doctor has anything to say, Hiroko then waited until she was done being treated and when it finally was she would smile and say in a soft shy manner “thanks for all the help, I appreciate it….” She then listens to see if the doctor wants to say anything else or do anything else. depending on the doctors actions or words Hiroko would then Activate her genma’s power to protect herself from further ant attacks.

Hiroko would then ask the kind doctor if she wanted to train with her or if the doctor was busy doing something before she came to save her.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

LunarCataphract

A meeting of chance

Post by LunarCataphract » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:31 pm

Your land sounds rather boring. Rocks and dirt as far as the eye can see? Your village sounds devoid of colour…but I suppose that is the case when you live underground.” Fujikawa wondered how the people of Iwagakure handled living in such a colourless village devoid of foliage. That said, she supposed her own village could be rather lacking in colours most days. It was often blanketed in fog, mist and rain, a dreary aesthetic that sapped the very colour from the streets. Yet, this did tend to change if you ventured outside of the city into the wilder and untamed islands. Those very much added colour to the locales around the village, especially during the summer months when the flowers bloomed.

Hmmm I see…….” Fujikawa’s focus returned to her treatment, the chakra continuously flowing, a warm and soothing energy that numbed pain and extracted venom. Finally, after what had been a good ten minutes, the last of the ants venom had been extracted. The clear liquid hovered in an aura of green chakra, suspended between Fujikawa’s hands. She stored it away inside of her tobacco tin, lacking anything better, and secured the lid on top. This had proven to be a rather good opportunity that had landed in the chemist’s lap. Never hurts to have some samples of common venoms from equally common wildlife; especially given its use in making antivenoms.

Training? Hmmm…I must decline. I have a more pressing business engagement I must meet now.” The medical ninja rose up to her feet, brushing the dirt from her knees and shaking her long hair out. She securely stored that tin away inside the depths of her clothing, tucking it away inside one of her outfit’s many many internal pockets.

Do enjoy your visit to our village though.” She waved casually, stepping away from Hiroko before making her way back to the village and most importantly, her clinic.

(1277 words. Learned Basic Antidote Technique.)

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”