[Graded]Grim 13 (Or Seven I guess??)

Ace Trainer

[Graded]Grim 13 (Or Seven I guess??)

Post by Ace Trainer » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:42 pm

The sound of hit footsteps echoed down the long hallway as Kozan walked with absent purpose. Each step would reverberate against the walls, making the hall seem even emptier than it already was. He'd been summoned to the compound for the first time since his return from the hunt for Anger, and it was something he knew had not been received well. He'd heard stories of the cruelty that the Overseer Shinji could express, and he had an intuition he was going to be the next victim of it. Perhaps most people would feel shame about the failed mission, fear of what was to come, guilt for letting down the village. But for Kozan it was none of that. These weren't feelings he was familiar with. For him, it was just a fact that he was not successful. It didn't drive him to be more successful in the future, it didn't change how he viewed himself or anything alike. If he had been determined to be a candidate for the Seven Swordsmen beforehand, that was simply a truth of his world. Failure on this mission shouldn't change that. At least not by his logic.

Kozan had quite a bit to learn still though.

As he reached the end of the hall, he'd turn and enter a large banquet hall. Though there was no banquet set up. Instead, the large table had chairs around it and very little decor. He noticed the swords on the walls, weapons of his predecessors. A few portraits accompanied them, though not every portrait had a sword and not every sword had a portrait. Some of these swords were uniquely powerful, only able to be held by the most skilled among them. Others were merely tools that had channeled great power from their wielder. Nonetheless, the Seven Swordsmen was something of a shadow of it's former self, and those weapons and swords were evidence of the might they once held.

If Kozan had any goal, it was returning the Seven Swordsmen to that stature. So that the organization, and by extension Kirigakure, could command the respect it deserved.

He was unsure why he had been called here. No one else was in the room. Taking several more steps, he'd stand off to the side, staring at the wall opposite him as he waited. Perhaps someone would arrive for him soon? Or perhaps this was an exercise of some sort? He would have to wait and find out.
Last edited by Valkier on Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as graded: https://www.narutosaigen.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=8344492
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Mre-face

Grim 13 (Or Seven I guess??)

Post by Mre-face » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:35 pm

All Mondai could think about was the great war on his way to the seven swordsman headquarters. Blood, screams guts, comrades dying, the killing, the noise, the smell... And witnessing his father die protecting him. These memories of the war and battles made him lethargic from his lack of sleep and how draining it was to think about it as often as Mondai did. The feeling of survivor's guilt practically stuck on a loop since his return to Kirigakure. Mondai could barely muster the motivation to go to the meeting since minimal information was provided. If it were urgent they would bother to describe the why, or so he thought at least. But he was a dagger and did have an obligation to go. The walk to the HQ went by like a breeze mostly cause his mind wasn't focused on where he was right now and more so on the past. As he arrived at the banquet he noticed it wasn't quite the same as it usually is instead there was a large table that he assumed was where a large meeting would take place

He scouted the room among the weapons and grand paintings he noticed someone that he has seen before but didn't know was affiliated with the seven. It was Kozaki whom he had seen in the bloody mist festival and during the annexation attempt, giving Mondai a bit of armor and reinforcing his shield. He had grown quite a bit since he saw him around his thinking he was about a year older than Mondai despite him being four years younger. However, this is Kozaki and Kozan were similar yet different. Since Kozan was a clone of the former unknown to whom Mondai would realize they are different had he remembered the tattoos of Kozaki. This Kozan almost was an inch or so shorter than Mondai. Mondai walked forward in his usual casual demeanor before asking if he knew why they were there since he arrived ahead of Mondai. '"Oi, ya know what's going on?" Mondai said with quite a blunt and monotone voice, he assumed that Kozan didn't remember who he was or cared for that matter and he had abandoned being "proper" and "formal" a long time ago. Mondai scratched his short slightly unkempt beard before sitting down by a chair at the table. Putting his feet up and leans backward on his chair. Simultaneously lighting a cigarette and waiting unenthusiastically for the reason why he and Kozan were summoned.
The Scorpion

Jinsoku,Enzaragi S-Rank MN: Iwa Setsuzoku
Companion
The Swordsman

Yūgana, Mondai B-Rank : Kiri Seven swordsman
Companion
The Angry

Shaolóng, Gōkariki A-Rank : Konoha

Companion

Zao

Post by Zao » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:49 pm

'A summons?' The raven-haired young man, standing around six feet tall walked quietly down the hall as his footsteps barely made any noise against the stone floor as he walked down the winding hallway. As he ventured forward the young swordsman reflected back to the messenger who had delivered a simple note that had directed the older genin to report by order of the Swordsman to this location. Though he didn't know the reasoning one couldn't just shrug off such a request.

With a purple and black hilt sticking up over his shoulder the Tsukino twitched his ear as he advanced, the sound of a voice up head trickled into the empowered hearing granted to the foxlike shinobi. The slender black furred tail curled up behind him as he made the left-hand turn that transitioned into a large banquet hall with a pair of young men already seated at the otherwise empty table.

His slender, fox shaped eyes glanced to the two figures drawing blanks on both of their faces as it didn't seem that he'd met either of these two fellow Kiri-nin up to this point. Exhaling slowly, he gave a simple nod, not truly interested in starting a conversation either of them and then proceeded to walk down the right side of the long banquet table to take a seat across from Mondai. 'How peculiar...'

Hisato's nose twitched slightly, the smoke from the shinobi across from him slightly irritating his nose causing him to frown a bit. Hopefully whatever was going on here and who ever had summoned not just him but these other two Kiri-nin would hurry up and arrive. For the young man wasn't keen on surprises and was already a bit bothered by the situation. 'Hope this is worth my while.' He was truly a selfish person who cared about himself and now was no exception. But as he seated himself quietly his eyes were drawn around the room to the various pictures and swords the filled the walls of the grand room
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

Post by FluffyGinja » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:35 pm

This wasn't something she had expected. Especially after her spat with the Overseer days prior. That still had her aching. With a roll of her shoulders, she was stepping down the hallway. Familiar and strangely... distant. She didn't even think she belonged here anymore. A soft drink from her gourd made her feel all the more confident though as she was huffing a little under her breath. Each step felt like a lead weight in her body and as she opened the door, her left hand went down to her weapon, wrapping softly around the sheath of her weapon, her thumb resting on the guard as she looked around. There were... a few oddly familiar faces, some new ones... but none it felt good. With a grumble under her breath, she went to move inside with a slow plodding steps, looking to each shinobi but not saying anything. Chiane figured she was well known enough, for what little she was known for, but at least her appearance was an often seen one. Flowing hair, wild and long and free, Jouchaku all the way to the roots. For now though, she went towards the table and stood near a seat, looking around slowly.

Each glance she gave to the shinobi and the whole room, there were small flashes of memory... Maybe she recruited one or two of them and... some of these weapons were painfully familiar, but she shook her head as she took another drink from her gourd and cleared her throat, but didn't say anything at all. She figured that this was the Overseer's doing to begin with and that he'd likely arrive soon enough to explain it all... otherwise, the door would look promising.
Hitoke, Ibuku - Genin - Konohagakure No Sato - #00A5DB
Ogata Amiya - B Rank - Iwagakure No Sato - slategrey

Sia
User flair: I am made to protect and destroy.

Post by Sia » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:24 am

It had been an interesting few weeks for the Muramasa Trio as they had stealthily and secretly returned to the fold. With the help of close family, a few Kintsugi spys, and Muramasa loyalists, Maido had no trouble at all slipping back into the village. Not that sneaking in was really a requirement, but the longer that she could keep up the facade that she wasn't alive, the better. A basic transformation jutsu really worked wonders, truthfully, but there were still places where Maido knew she just absolutely could not go for risk of being caught and exposed as alive. She digressed, but that was the situation none the less. Her hair was dark blue, ocean blue, and her eyes shined with an iridescent bright green. Her signature cloak nowhere to be seen, she walked the streets of Kirigakure without a care in the world.

Sitting across from Shinjiro, she thought long and hard about the proposal that had been suggested. He wanted Hisayo, and Kayoko too, and, by all accounts, Maido couldn't argue against the logic. It was a solid plan, and they were right for the job, or at least they would be given the right mentors. For such a task as what lie ahead of them, Maido was not particularly suited to be their teacher. Kenjutsu was never really her strong suit, she much preferred to fight from a range. Still, it would be good for Hisayo and Kayoko to get out from under her wing a little bit and learn more to broaden their skill sets. "Very well, I'll send them your way at the appropriate time." Maido said to Shinjiro with a smile. "I look forward to seeing their progress."

Some time later, Hisayo and Kayoko were indeed commanded by Maido to go to a very particularly specific location, with very little instruction as to why other than to "learn as much as you can." They walked together, without Maido, through the streets of Kirigakure and winded and wounded their woes and ways towards the designated area. Meanwhile, Maido traveled with Shinjiro, having transformed herself into a rather tiny blade and hitching a ride from him while she took a well needed nap. Hisayo and Kayoko arrived to the scene and found the room had a few inhabitants already, none of which they really recognized. "Hello everyone..." Hisayo said to him with a warm smile, before introducing herself and then Kayoko to the others. "What are we doing here?"
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:56 pm

Soon after Hisayo and Kayoko arrived came another pair, two men with white hair, both standing over 6 feet tall with impressive physiques. Though the taller of the two was especially notable given the 5 large white tails that marked him as a member of the Tsukino clan. Some might recognize these two men as the ‘Hitachi’s’ of the Seven Swordsmen, long-standing members that were often assigned as the Mizukage’s personal guard. However, they had been summoned, with as many other members of the organization that could be mustered on such short notice. They too would take their places, sitting at the far end of the large table, distancing themselves from the Daggers that had gathered.

And with that, Shinjiro would reveal himself, emerging at the head of the table with a green glow as he transformed from a fly. The dagger that Maido had transformed into had been stuck firmly into the underside of the table next to his seat. The Overseer looked over the group before him. Not a bad turnout. A handful of members were missing, Asami and her two daggers; Kazuki Ryu and Kaguya Asuna. But aside from them, it seemed they would nearly have a full roster. He looked each of them in the eyes in turn, assessing. They were a haphazard group and not one of them was up to his standard’s but they were all he had to work with and he would hone them into masterful weapons or they would die in the process. Either way, they would each be under far more scrutiny from here on out. “So this is what the Seven Swordsmen of this Mist has been reduced to” he considered, it was rather pathetic really, “My patience has worn thin, each one of you has more to give and you will bleed and train day in and day out until our roster is filled with the greatest shinobi Kirigakure has to offer. Some of you are new, but I will accept no excuses. Regardless of your age or rank I expect you each to excel and be stronger after each and every conflict, be it a spar or a fight to the death. There is no room for weakness or plateauing” he asserted, looking at each of the full-fledged swordsmen.

Perhaps some of them were not even aware they had been recruited into the organization, which would be rectified shortly. “I will be implementing a ranking system. In order to advance in position, you must defeat a superior. The current ranks stand as myself as rank 1, Jouchaku Chiane; rank 2 , Tsukino Hitachi; rank 3, Karugata Asami; rank 4, Hisayo and Kayoko will serve the swordsmen as rank 5, Kaguya Hitachi; rank 6 and lastly, Yugana Mondai will be promoted to a full-fledged member as rank 7. Any member, Dagger or Swordsman can challenge any one of their superiors at any time and take their place if they are victorious. Any rank below them will be moved down one spot. Naturally, lethal force is permitted, though not necessary. Challenges are forbidden while on official missions. This is the start of the new Seven Swordsmen of the Mist. Do you have any questions?” he inquired to the room. His tone was serious and his demeanor cold and imposing. He wished for nothing more than to see the Daggers rise up and replace the weaker members of the Seven. And if they were not up to the task, he would replace them with stronger and more eager candidates.
Last edited by Izanagi on Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:39 pm

When Mondai arrived, Kozan would simply look at him, his bright yellow eyes locking onto him unblinking and unwaivering. His head would cock to the side slowly, practically robotically, and then he would shake his head to say no. "Following orders.", he affirmed. Slowly, everyone else would follow, each members of the swordsmen would trickle in, some standing about as Kozan was, other taking their seats. "I was told to be here, so I am doing that.", he added rather flatly to Mondai. He would nod, seeming to affirm what he just said, and then walk to the table to take his seat. Hisayo would acknowledge everyone, and Kozan would give enough tight nod, but say nothing else.

When Shinji appeared, Kozan's eyes would get wide for just a moment before settling down. "Oh", he would say. Reduced? This was unclear to Kozan. Did that mean Shinji felt the swordsmen should be stronger? His eyes would move between each of the members he recognized as full fledged swordsmen. Was this an insult directed at them? Why would Shinji not like them? Give more blood, train more? Was this an order for them? No room for weakness or plateauing. Well it was good Kozan would very literally incapable of getting weaker.

Then Shinji introduced everyone, naming their rank, and mentioning the codified way of getting stronger in the organization. Fighting an existing member? That is a curious proposition. Mondai was the lowest rank, and Kozan's eyes immediately locked onto him. The only person that really acknowledged him in the group, and apparently the barrier to entering the swordsmen. Kozan wondered if Mondai was the only one he could challenge, looking at the 'Hitachi's', he knew them as common guards for the Mizukage. If there was ever a weapon for the village, it was that position. And perhaps the one Kozan would want the most. If he took either of them out, would he replace that responsibility?

"So in this room is likely a shinobi that will murder one of you?", Kozan asked flatly. This wasn't a threat, it was a question, one Kozan likely didn't really understand what he was saying.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Mre-face

Post by Mre-face » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:36 pm

Mondai looked towards Kozan and shrugged apathetically and then went on his way before several members appeared slowly but surely and took their seats. And finally, the overseer Shinjiro seemingly appeared out of thin air, his seamless transformation from fly to man was terrifying truly a testament to the legendary assassin's abilities. His aura was disappointed with the current state of the swordsman Mondai failed to see why it was their fault. Mondai took a puff of his cig before turning to the strongest member of the seven. "Gotta agree with the man it ain't like the history books, just don't get why ya say it like it's our fault" he scratched his head and chuckled, "It ain't like the village has given a damn about the seven" Mondai's lax attitude was sure to be taken as defiance which wasn't Mondai's intention yet he failed to see how it would be taken from the outside. The overseer had a point tho Mondai had plateaued or possibly even regressed or at least Mondai should be far stronger at this point. It even reflected on his appearance, Mondai was always a bit more muscular with a wider structure. But the way he was looking now he seemed frailer than usual despite the five-year-long war yet his reality had been turned sideways so he became complaisant.

As soon as Shinjiro mentioned Mondai being promoted a small flame felt lighting inside and he also felt eyes gaze upon him immediately that thought of snuffing that flame and Mondai's pride wouldn't allow that. I'm part of the seven now! Though as the weakest member huh? Maybe he was right... Not as eventful as I thought it would be honestly. A lot of emotions and thoughts came from this revelation, pride, doubt and determination filled his mind. Mondai had trained tooth and nails he clearly was talented but not incredibly so he made up for some of it with his tenacity so a sense of pride was felt from finally getting there... But at the same time, it didn't feel as deserved as it should he was a small walking wreck so a lite bit of gusto was felt upon the promotion but not as much as he should've felt. He didn't look towards Kozan just towards Shinjiro and the rest but he did keep a note of his gaze when you grow up where Mondai grew up your sixth sense of being watched needed to be stronger or otherwise you ran the risk of being robbed or murderer or having something stolen from you. Even children weren't safe from this the idea of getting jumped by a group of angry kids who wanted to vent their frustration on street urchins wasn't uncommon so that sense sticks with an untouchable. And Mondai had his eyes on Chiane he wanted his comeuppance on her since her fight with both Yuuto and Mondai she destroyed his shield and humiliated the both of them and he couldn't let that slide quite so easily, ranks be damned he wants round two and seeing a noble get their shit pushed in by an untouchable would bring him joy but if she was just under Shinjiro meant that his chances were slim yet he wanted to grasp a feeling on how close he was exactly.

"Sounds simple to me just beat the guy that is above you kill them or just win undisputedly, wait is that why we are here? To cull the weak or was it just for us to understand the new rules?" Mondai wanted to confirm his suspicions he hadn't been anticipating a fight but if it had to be done to keep his head and rank he would make sure that he stays on top.
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Zao

Post by Zao » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:46 pm

Hisato continued to more or less ignore the pair that had arrived before him, as they seemed relatively close to his age, but age could never truly be a determining factor in the strength of a Kiri shinobi. A few more entered, more people that he didn't know and personally didn't care about unless they could show their strength was greater than his own. But even as conceited as the young genin was he wasn't one to think there wasn't others here who were much stronger than himself. Though in fact he knew that some of the newcomers to this obscured meeting were without a doubt stronger than him, but he was the type of person that he had to see it to truly believe it to be true.

It wasn't really until the Hitachi 'twins' of the Swordsman entered that he started to actually pay attention to anyone in the room. His set of dull grey eyes shifted and locked onto the tailed man, not only someone who had a large reputation with the Tsukino house but also the village as a whole. Though this strength had never personally been witnessed by the young man his father often spoke of the man with an honorable tone, but also blamed himself for not being at the level of Hitachi as the reason he could never enter the Mist Swordsman's ranks. Unconsciously, his target within the Seven official members had become this man, the man who he had a level of discontent and hate for without even know him personally due to his father. 'So that's him...'

Shaking the thought he looked towards the Kaguya, this man gave off a cold feeling, like death lingered close to him. Both of the Hitachi brothers were powerful figures and then he looked over to the woman known as Chiane. In the past she had been the leader of the organization, a famed swordsman but it seemed her power had faltered, and he position passed to another. Without warning the Kiri Bannin appeared, causing a slightly shocked look to appear on the Tsukino member's face as all attention in the room was placed upon Shinji. 'Shinjiro-san, the newest Bannin and proclaimed most powerful swordsman of Kiri.'

A feeling of fear silently entered the heart of the dagger, this was one of the few shinobi that the boy held a true amount of respect towards having seen him compete in the last chuunin exams. His movements so fierce and speed to the point that he seemed to disappear from view, him claiming great victor and honor for the village with his strength. This was a true swordsman and the only person fit to lead the Mist Swordsman! Soon the genma host began to speak of the present and past members, the group was truly weak in its current stat as even the man across from him had the ability to earn a seat despite his weak aura.

So, the organization has fallen from that reputation of the past, but Shinji demanded much from all of them, weakness was not something treated kindly within Kiri and even less for an organization such as the Swordsman who were supposed to be renowned for their combat power. 'So, even killing other members isn't totally frowned upon. How interesting....' While the others spoke openly the young genin was lower key, perhaps better identified as a snake in the grass with his method of combat not one of up-front power but of using stealth and assassin like attacks to quickly kill or maim targets. For now, he simply watched the room and listened to the responses from the official members.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

FluffyGinja

Post by FluffyGinja » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:59 pm

After her fight with Shinjiro, Chiane had somewhat of a new perspective. Not fully... this still didn't matter nearly all that much to her but... she wasn't about to give Shinjiro too much praise for his ideals. She felt she had heard this self-same words multiple times only for things to fall apart. There was a slight smirk on her face as she had been listening to him speak. Almost like she was pleased with how annoyed her seemed. That was an enjoyable feeling if she ever felt one and her eyes flashed with delight at the prospect of having to fight him again, maybe later on, to get her chance again. Being told she was apparently the number one swordsman was a slight shock to her though... She wasn't even expecting to be within the rankings, let alone the number one slot just below the two twins that she had seen walk in. Two folks she hardly recognized but could tell the others saw their importance.

When she was peering around while Shinji spoke, she was noticing how the others acted and she let out a soft huff as she reached down and gripped her gourd, a soft slosh coming from it as she took a drink and went to look back towards Shinji just before he was finished speaking. It was clear that he had a good vision what the organization should be... and he actually had the members for it... She'd never admit it openly, not yet... but she was impressed. Seems that at least this host for Vorashu wasn't such a wildcard like the last one...

There was a moment of a chill up her spine though as she peered over to the various figures, only to catch someone's eyes on her more often than they were on the others. She was narrowing her vision as she was trying to remember whoever they were. With a soft huff, the silence after everyone was done talking for a second was broken. "What the fuck are you looking at?" She asked in a crass voice, annoyed that she was being stared at by someone she didn't really recognize at all. Her eyes were staring directly towards Mondai... and she just couldn't at all recognize him... but she was getting annoyed with how he was looking at her.

Sia

Post by Sia » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:27 pm

Fidgeting restlessly as she always did, Hisayo moved to grab Kayoko's hand when Shinjiro suddenly materialized in the room in his human form. She was already on edge, what with her senses being open so often, and today was no different. Had it been anyone else other than Shinjiro specifically, she likely would have swung Kayoko straight into them out of spite for startling her in such a way. Still, she did her best to compose herself and calmed her nerves, sitting on top of the table and crossing her legs, rather than taking a chair. Kayoko leaned next to her and examined her nails with a look that clearly told the rest of the room that she was quite bored, and but perhaps even a little irate, what with the ever so slightly furrowed brow.

"This is...a bit of a surprise admittedly, Shinjiro-Sama, for I was under the impression our master had wanted us to take up her old spot in the Head Hunters...have you discussed this with her?" Hisayo asked softly. Truthfully, she supposed it didn't matter. "Then again...we were given some pretty clear instructions..." She continued. Kayoko chimed in next. "Do any of you nitwits have a problem with Hisayo and I sharing the position of number five? I would so love it if you made my day by having an issue with it" Kayoko said with an evil grin. "So...if you want the spot, take your shot at it now and get it over with or don't bother wasting our time about it later, it would be more than my pleasure to cull the weaker of you." Kayoko glanced around the room, making long and intense eye contact with each of them as she spoke and gauging their reactions.

"Now is your chance." She said, and her body rifled with chakra as she surged katon and doton throughout her very being momentarily. "Relax Kayoko." Hisayo said to her, staring at the Tsukino's tails with glee. "Now is not the time or the place for your mouth." Kayoko shot her a dirty look but realized she was right. "Sorry...I am restless and antsy. I need to beat the crap out of someone I think." Kayoko said before drawing silent. "Take a nap then." Hisayo said and grabbed Kayoko's hand. Kayoko immediately began to melt away. Her human body shifted and contorted and became black with red markings as it melted down and transformed into a rather sizeable looking claymore. It tilted on its tip, then fell against Hisayo's body, the handle brushing up against her arm where Hisayo sat atop the table. Kayoko became motionless and she tried hard not to listen, slowly trying to drift off to sleep but finding it difficult what with the amount of people in the room.
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:48 pm

Shinjiro’s gaze shifted to Mondai as the young man interrupted him. The lax attitude; smoking with his legs outstretched. If he had the strength to earn such a demeanor it wouldn’t matter, but Mondai was pathetically weak. The only reason he had decided to promote him was to paint a target on his back, give the newer Daggers some low hanging fruit to pluck and perhaps put some fire under Mondai’s feet. In an instant Shinjiro’s left hand transformed into a snake, crossing the table at 45 Speed, biting into the man’s throat and wrapping around him effortlessly. Struggle as he might, the snake appendage would be far stronger, and too densely muscled for the man to even cut through. “Who is to blame but yourself for your weakness? How can you be content knowing your life can be ended on a whim? You and I were chosen as Daggers in the same year, both Chunin at the time. Even then I could have killed you with ease.” He stated, clearly disgusted with his weakness, his words dripping with vitriol. As quickly as it appeared, the snake vanished into green chakra and his hand returned to normal, though venom would flow through Mondai’s body, wracking him with nausea and light-headedness and bruises would already be forming across his throat. “Each and every one of you must train every day for the privilege to live. If you don’t show monthly progress, I will kill you myself” he promised.

He went on to explain the ranking system, completely unphased about promoting Mondai even after nearly killing him on a whim. The others needed to understand the vast disparity in skill between Shinjiro and each of the others. At their current level, not a single one of them had any chance of defeating him, not even if they all worked together. Kozan’s statement was met with a casual nod. “Yes, that is quite likely. In fact, I would be disappointed if none of you killed one another. Maintaining Seven Swordsmen is important, but I only want the strongest. Weak links should be culled if they refuse to grow stronger” he growled out, a low warning as he considered each of the current members susceptible to such a culling. Though he did have somewhat more of an appreciation for Hisayo, Kayoko and Asami in particular, having fought alongside them the most and seen their progress firsthand. They were relatively safe for the time being. The latter of which would be given some leeway from training as she neared the later stages of her pregnancy, baring his own child.

Hisayo spoke up, and Shinjiro regarded her with a neutral expression, though beneath his mask and hood it was only really his striking lime green eyes that gave any such indication. “You can perform your duties in each organization, similar to the Dagger; Kazuki Ryu. I trust you will adapt to the busy schedule” he said evenly, narrowing his eyes slightly as Hisayo mentioned discussions with the supposedly dead Maido. Absentmindedly, he ran his finger across the knife stuck into the underside of the table, assuring himself she was still there. “Before she departed on the mission that led to her demise, Maido made it very clear you two are to serve me in any capacity” he asserted. He leaned back slightly, one hand under the table and the other resting atop it as his eyes flickered between Kaguya Hitachi and Kayoko. The tension was immediate as the white-haired man eyed the women, his muscles tense and hands sliding toward his unique bladed tonfa’s. But then he glanced toward the others in the room. They were in a den full of murderers. Even if he defeated the women, if he became injured himself it was possible Mondai or even the Daggers might be able to take advantage. The risk was too great. He would relent, for now.

Shinjiro sighed, somewhat disappointed, but he understood. In his place he would have been cautious too. There were better opportunities for advancement and weeding out the weak. The Overseer smirked at Kayoko’s comments about needing to beat the crap out of someone. “You two might be able to take Chiane. She has become quite weak, her position as number 2 is more a formality as a former Overseer than any true merit” he said coyly, stirring the pot. Tsukino Hitachi in particular gave the former Overseer a murderous look, his target set for a later date perhaps. Shinjiro waited a few more moments, savoring the tension and wondering if anyone would make a move. When it seemed like nobody would he decided to continue on to the next order of business. “Now that we have a full roster of Swordsmen, we can address the issue of our Daggers. Every Swordsman is entitled to recruit their own Dagger, in some cases even two until we have a total of 7 but if you fail to do so one may be provided for you. Kazuki Ryu is Asami’s Dagger. Kaguya Asuna was also recruited by Asami but will now be assigned to Kaguya Hitachi. Naturally Tsukino Hisako, you will be assigned to Tsukino Hitachi. Shiimu Kozan, you will be under my direct supervision. That leaves Chiane, Hisayo, and Mondai to find your own Daggers. As you all know, if a Swordsman falls in battle, it is expected their Dagger will replace them, however a Dagger may also kill or defeat their own master or any other member of the Swordsmen to earn their place.” He clarified. The type of bond between Swordsman and Dagger was sure to vary and whether it be one of resentment or comradery mattered little to him as long as it produced results. Rivalries between Daggers and Swordsmen alike were encouraged, and he expected some Swordsmen to train their apprentices to specifically kill those within the organization they considered unworthy.
Jutsu UsedShow
Serpent strike
C-Ranked Partial Kaerujutsu
Focusing chakra into a limb/appendage of choice the area will glow green before transforming into either a green or black venomous snake which can then extend up to 25 meters to bite or constrict around an opponent. If bitten the target will experience nausea, blurred vision, elevated heart rate, and sweating for 3 posts as the venom flows through their system. Shinji can maintain his limb in this form for as long as he wishes and revert it at a whim, able to attack with strength and speed equal to his own.
Last edited by Izanagi on Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:15 pm

Kozan's eyes shifted between each person talking. There were two things he noticed about the room - one, no one in the room was radiating fear as a consequence of his own killer intent. This would indicate to him it was likely he was the weakest, or one of the weakest in the room. Not surprising, but informative none-the-less. It meant he had the most room for growth, but would also have to do the most work in order to over-take one of the other people in the room. He'd already eliminated Mondai as an option to challenge, he wanted to be a guard for the Mizukage and taking the position of the 7th sword wouldn't be desireable anyways. His eyes locked on Kaguya, Hitachi. It seemed this would be his target.

The other thing he could notice was the immense about of killer intent among them. Shinjiro had cast the die, and every single one of them, including Kozan, was considering which of the people in the room they'd be able to kill. Even if Shinjiro was displeased with it, there was quite a bit of power and capacity in this room. If they worked together, it was likely they could cause a fair amount of damage to just about anyone or anywhere. This was a room of killers through and through. That much was apparent.

Kayoko would challenge everyone in the room, she seemed a bit unhinged to Kozan. The black band on his arm would bulge, shifting down his bicep and around his forearm, stretching into his palm and turning his entire hand black. Was she going to attack one of them? "Doing it now doesn't make much sense given the word was just given out. You're expecting an attack. Surely if one of us projected that you could defeat us straight on, we'd wait and assassinate you instead.", Kozan would offer flatly. This wasn't a threat or some snide comment, it was a simple tactical analysis that Kozan likely wouldn't understand was mistimed. But Kayoko's comrad would calm them and they'd transform into a sword, so it seemed to be moot.

So Kozan would remain Shinjiro's dagger, that was good at least. If Shinjiro was the Overseer, that meant Kozan could absorb the most from him. A good opportunity.

Was this all they were called for?
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:39 pm

It normally wasn't like Asuna to be late for a meeting of any kind if she could help it and so her anxiety was currently through the roof. She had spent most of the day thus far helping Asami with a number of assorted tasks that the woman couldn't currently handle herself and it had taken far longer than she would have liked. She had of course also been taking the time to work on her training wherever possible. Finally she had wrapped up the last of the things she had been sent out to do and so had finally arrived at the meeting spot, silently taking her seat while the others had been too busy bickering to notice her. With that said she was sure that her presence hadn't gone entirely unnoticed but still chose not to mention it, instead sitting in silence as she watched the various interactions.

For the time being she took a moment to look at those gathered around her, having not met most of the other members until now, on full alert all the while. They certainly were a unique bunch and all seemed to possess a particularly extreme bloodlust even amongst members of their village. In a way it was exciting and even gave her an incentive to keep up her own training. Nobody in this room would hesitate to kill one another to climb the ranks and she would need to be sure that she was willing and strong enough to do the same if she really wanted to achieve her goal of one day becoming the Overseer herself.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Mre-face

Post by Mre-face » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:08 pm

Mondai barely had a fraction of a second to react to the massive snake that now bit into his throat he drew his sword and started to slash at its neck. Despite proving futile Mondai kept trying he wasn't dying without a fight. Mondai then tried to stab at the snake's arm's eye before it disappeared causing him to collapse onto the floor simultaneously coughing and scratching at his throat. "Poi- Point proven" just barely being able to get out his words after serpentine grasp released his throat. Mondai immediately knew this wasn't a good look to the rest of the seven. Shinjiro had proved his point by making Mondai look completely useless from the fact that they both were Chuunin and he still would have been killed by Shinjiro in a straight fight even then. But what he failed to mention was the fact that Mondai didn't have the same privileges or talent that Shinjiro had. The overseer was born and bred to be top of the food chain. From birth until he was trained in the most grueling training and subjected to the worst that Kiri has to offer. He was even "lucky" enough to get his own Genma meanwhile Mondai was at the bottom in the dirty depths of the slums struggling to survive not quite getting the same headstart that the nobles and shinobi did.

However, blaming it all on the power structure and circumstance alone would be painting a false narrative Mondai did recognize how his own inadequacy had also stunned his growth and he needed to grab ahold of that inadequacy and rekindle the flames of passion. The same desire to take his place amongst the strongest to prove that he could come from nothing and still surpass those who deemed him to be "untouchable"

"I was looking at you," he said to Chiane quite sarcastically, weakly coughing between words before he realized she didn't even realize who she was mad at which kind of was a blow to Mondai's ego since they had fought and she was responsible for putting him in the daggers in the first place so a need to remind her was a necessity. "Wait don't ya remember me? This might jog yer memory you kicked me and my friend's asses years ago." Attempting to remember the humiliation that Chiane inflicted on both Mondai and Yuuto that day.

As the group moved on and discussed among themselves while Mondai was trying to get his bearings. More details on how the new structure was going to work everyone was assigned a dagger and those that weren't assigned a dagger had to go and pick one. This meant Mondai had to pick someone. And that someone was on his mind immediately that fit perfectly. Yuuto was denied and now is his chance to prove himself while Mondai doubted Yuuto would try to climb to the top and slaughter the competition in his wake in order to do so the opportunity of becoming a dagger and potentially one of the seven would be tempting if he knew him as well as he thought he did.
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Zao

Post by Zao » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:34 pm

Kaguya Hitachi

The blue-eyed shinobi looked over his, his multiple piercings enough to set him apart from the rest of those present as the ranged from his ears, eyebrows, nose, mouth, and even in his tongue. His sharp gaze falling upon the dagger from his own clan, in a sense they could be considered family but not one bound by blood. The left corner of the large man's mouth raised slightly; a hint of a smirk found on his normally emotionless face. "Very well." Placing his calloused hands on the edge of the table he pushed himself and the chair that he was seated within back about a foot before raising to his massive height not far from seven feet.

Hitachi's muscular arms exposed by the sleeveless shirt he had on as one could catch a glimpse of his fist knives that were situated on the left and right hip more toward his lower back. "I shall call for your soon, little one." Turning towards the boss of this little sword club he gave a simple nod, seeming to only laugh slightly at the actions he had performed on the newest and obviously weak swordsman, he truly was a dull blade. "I'll be leaving as I have a few matters to attend to." With that he gave a respectful nod to his supervisor before exiting the meeting.

Tsukinos

"Eh?!" Hisato hadn't even been able to see the snake as it almost seemed to instantly appear to strike the rather aloof and odd fellow across from him, the startling action caused for him to jump up and back from his seat. His left hand instinctively reaching up to grasp the cylinder like hilt of the crystal bladed weapons sheathed across his back. But his dull grey gaze shifted following the long-scaled body of the serpent to see that it had been spawned from their leader. 'Just what kind of freak is this guy?' The genin wasn't as well read into the matters of who Shinji was or his true powers, only that he was the host of the Body Genma. But even so this was just weird.

This action caused for the large eared Tsukino seated closed to Shinji to laugh a bit, his nose wrinkling slightly as he smelled the air before shifting his golden hue eyes onto his younger clansman and simply shoot his head folding his hands over his chest and leaning back slightly in his own chair as if not noticing that the snake stretched past him from the overseer and had struck the weak new swordsman. "It seems I can smell fear, heh." The five tailed swordsman had walked a bloody path during the Great War and was a strategic piece of the village during its push to secure not only the Land of Tea but also when they managed to push into Fire country against the Leaf village. His strength while slightly behind the genma host was still nothing to sleep on. "Sit down, kid. Don't be jumping over something as little as this. "

This mocking statement was directed towards Hisato as a scowl like look formed on the genin's face, but he knew he was an ant compared to one of the top three swordsman within the vast village of Kiri. With no other choice he reluctantly set back down watching the exchange play out between the newest swordsman and the leader of the Swordsman. 'One day...'
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

FluffyGinja

Post by FluffyGinja » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:20 am

"Do you have... any fucking idea how little that narrows things down...?" Chaine let out a gruff grunt as she was looking at Mondai with a confused expression for a little bit as she considered him. That snake wasn't anything new to her... none of what she had seen so far was. Shinjiro wasn't even on her mind anymore as she stared at this strange person and she tilted her head from side to side as if that would change what he looked like in the slightest. As her eyes glanced over his equipment, the recollection started to come to her as she couldn't hold anything back. Planting her hands on the table with a harsh thump, she laughed without even a hint of care, staring at him as she shook her head. "You've GOT to be fucking kidding me! You?! You are pathetic! Oh, MAN, I remember you and Yuuto now, you two... HAH!" She shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes as she wiped them away, going to take a deep breath as she had to hold back the soft chuckles and giggles that came to her for the several different moments. "Please, do try to kill me... It will be so worth it when I get to step on your neck... and let you live again." She turned back towards Shinjiro, going to crack her neck as she figured he'd have more to say now, since she had practically interrupted but she didn't give a shit...

It was far too much for her to enjoy this. All these people, gunning for her... and she had the tickle of both fear and the thrill, the excitement, of having to defend herself at all times. There was genuinely nothing like this.

Sia

Post by Sia » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:10 am

For the most part, truly, Hisayo continued to sit along the table rather than a chair and silently observe the matter at hand, as Maido before her had instructed her to do. She was a sentinel, really, a reactionist. Her eyes darted about the room rapidly, fluttering between each of them in sequence as she made mental notes of their physique, their equipment, and their mannerisms. She was, of course, quite familiar with Shinjiro already as they had been in battle with Maido many times over the last few years since Hisayo and begun her training under the blood witch, but, the rest of them were unfamiliar faces to say the least. Not that it particularly mattered to her for Hisayo certainly had no problem mingling and meshing with strangers. She was just more reserved than her cousin, whom ironically was in this moment just as reserved. Hisayo gently smacked the flat side of the blade that made up Kayoko's body. "Wake the fuck up you're being rude." Was all Hisayo said to her and a loud, audible yawn emanated from Kayoko's form. A pair of lips and eyes manifested themselves in the craftsmanship of the handle guard and Kayoko's orange eyes darted about the room. "Why? Only the two of them seem particularly interesting or threatening anyway, other than Shinjiro himself, I don't see why we should bother to give any of them the time of die or not just cut their hands off a soon as we leave the building."

Kayoko had a point, Hisayo supposed though she would have appreciated if her mouth had been less intense in the moment. "I think it would be best if you watched your tongue...even if you do not particularly wish to be here at the moment, Kayoko." Hisayo shot her a dirty look. "I don't particularly want to die in this room just because you offended everyone in here simultaneously," she had added. Kayoko drew silent for a moment and Hisayo cleared her throat before asking the room. "Obviously you don't have to tell me, but, I am a curious and inquisitive person by nature...." She began.

"What do each of your swords do and why should I give a shit about them?" She asked bluntly. "Mine changes size, shape, and casts its own jutsu without any assistance from me. Tell me why I should bother using your swords when I kill you...I'm dying to hear it."
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:50 pm

The Overseer was satisfied with Mondai’s compliance. He had accomplished what he meant to, and he looked forward to seeing how things would unfold in the coming months. He regarded Asuna with a predatory gaze but did not reprimand her for arriving late. She would properly be put to the test another day. As of yet he still hadn’t witnessed her combat ability or her resolve. When the other Kaguya announced the urgency of his departure, Shinjiro nodded, allowing it. The meeting would be wrapped up soon anyway, he wasn’t the type to drone on endlessly or keep his subordinates around needlessly.

He remained silent as Chiane berated Mondai. It was her right as his superior and he wouldn’t intervene. Shinjiro reveled in the tension in the room. He could feel their resolve growing stronger. This was what the Seven Swordsmen were meant to be; a vicious pit of vipers; the most deadly and ruthless killers in Kirigakure, all striving to surpass one another. Alone or in a group, they would be feared across the world, omens of death and carnage. The man huffed lightly in amusement at Hisayo and Kayoko’s back and forth. They were an interesting duo, but it seemed Kayoko was quite overconfident and Hisayo perhaps showing too many signs of weakness for her own good. Shinjiro would interject however when she asked the room about their swords; the most sacred part of being a member of the Seven Swordsman. One’s weapon was an extension of themselves, a representation and embodiment of their unique style and characteristics. To give up the secrets of one’s blade willingly was a grave offense ordinarily, however, the seven were known historically to wield one another’s blades as if they were their own. But such a show of trust and comradery had to be earned and anointed in battle not simply freely given. “Only those strong enough to survive my blades will earn the privilege of knowing them. I expect the others will feel the same” he responded coldly. Even the second-ranked Chiane had not yet shown herself strong enough to warrant facing his swords in battle, let alone surviving them.

Moving on, Shinjiro would address the table once more. “In one week, I will lead a training expedition to Star Country. Participation is voluntary, but those who attend will certainly grow stronger and face monsters of the like you’ve never seen before. Prepare well. Dismissed” he concluded. The expedition might last days or even weeks, it depended entirely on how long it took until he was satisfied with the progress of his underlings. And when they returned, any who did not attend would be put to the test and pitted against those whose survival skills had been sharpened. He looked forward to seeing the results of this experimental exercise.

Return to “Kirigakure no Sato”