[Graded]I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Laca & Kat

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

[Graded]I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:30 pm

Karugata Asami needed time to unwind. She had finally recruited her own dagger after finally ascending to the Seven Swordsmen herself, and in doing so had actually rebelled against the Overseer's own orders. She had expected to pay for it more than she had, and instead wound up having a conversation with Shinjiro that, for him at least, was rather deep. Strangely enough it left the woman wanting a taste of violence. As such, the woman made her way to the Bloodriver Bar, a place notorious for its liquor and its violence. She was looking forward to both the intoxication and starting more than one fight, though she hadn't decided yet if she was going to relish in just watching the blood show, or instigating it.

'Shinji really has rubbed off on me...'

Asami hardly looked at the bar's occupants as she entered, the place seemed well into its business and fairly busy as she made her way into the front. She didn't bother with sake but instead ordered herself a strong whiskey before taking a seat, turning to finally observe the occupants of the place. But what pulled her eye almost immediately was a strange individual. Among the locals was someone who definitely stood out among the rest. 'I heard someone from Konoha was visiting... but you've got to be kidding me...'
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TheLacarix

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by TheLacarix » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:44 pm

bar was darker and dingier than the man was used to, at least in his homeland though he certainly had drunk in his fair share dive bars but this one almost took the cake. He wasn’t sure if the patrons had less teeth or brain cells.

Sighing softly, holding the tumbler in his glass a filled with a single grain whiskey and topped with a few cubes of ice. Behind him stood a special jounin donning a generic Kirigakure uniform. Yoru peered over his shoulder, smiled at the guard, tipped his glass and said “Cheers.” The guard said nothing in response.

Yoru chuckled softly, as he pushed the glass to his lips and took a sip. Least the whiskey was good. He didn’t notice the woman who’d just walked in and now seemed to have her attention on him, most of population of Kirigakure had stared at him the moment he arrived. He was an enemy shinobi after all, Yoru wasn’t even sure another Konoha nin had even stepped foot here, at least not peacefully.
CharactersShow

The White Eyed Demon of the Leaf
Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:38 pm

Asami stared at the Konoha shinobi for several moments, studying his appearance and body language at first as she remembered what Shinjiro had told her. 'That must be the same man... but what is he doing here?' she thought to herself. She took her whiskey when it was brought to her but for the moment simply held it in her hand, swirling the amber liquid in the glass as her blue eyes flit to the Special Jounin behind the man. Asami stepped away from the bar itself and started walking towards the pair, whiskey in hand, as she noticed the guard with Yoru stiffen sharply when he noticed her. The motion brought a smirk to her lips. 'Nice to see word getting around now that I'm a full member of the Seven...' she thought to herself.

Of course, not everyone feared the title. She spied movement out of the corner of her eye and suddenly took a step back. A man that had been rushing her suddenly came to a skidding stop at the bar but before he could recover and presumably explain himself Asami took a handful of his hair and slammed his face into the bar with enough to shatter teeth and send a spray of blood. The man himself cried out, but the bartender hardly seemed to notice save for rolling his eyes. Asami kept a hold of his hair as she yanked him up to hold him up on his feet in front of her. "Drunken moron." she snarled at him. She drew one of her swords, specifically Chi-no-Hari, and drew it across the man's stomach as he whimpered in pain. A mere civilian in her grasp he seemed hardly used to the pain she was putting him in already, but she didn't cut deep enough to cause real damage save for a gash, avoiding gutting him. She tossed him aside with a snarl, blood slowly filling the grooves of her sword and dripping off the end before she went back to the bar.

A simple hand motion to the bartender and she was given a new drink before looking over to Yoru, her encounter and steps now putting her only a few paces from the man. "So you're Aizawa Yoru." she said simply, and in an oddly calm tone for a woman still holding a sword dripping with blood.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TheLacarix

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by TheLacarix » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:54 pm

Taking another sip of the drink, the slight burning sensation cut across Yoru’s throat but overall it was a smooth whiskey and the ice certainly helped. He didn’t even look as the woman slammed the mans head on the bar, seeming to be uninterested in the matter, he certainly didn’t plan to get in trouble whilst in Kirigakure and thought it best to just ignore the situation at hand. If he didn’t look, he wouldn’t be dragged in right?

Well perhaps not.

The woman now stepped closer and questioned his identity, looking over at his guard who seemed to have stiffen up at the sight of her “Friend of yours huh?” the guard said nothing “My lovely chaperone here doesn’t say much at all, but yes, I am Aizawa, Yoru of the leaf.” He said with a feint coy smile “I’m sorry, you have me at a disadvantage your reputation hasn’t quite made it to the reaches of the land of fire.” He gestured towards the whimpering man “Though it seems your reputation will soon excel my own.” He raised his glass once again and took another sip, it was starting to run low.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:09 pm

Asami took a sip of her own whiskey before setting it on the bar, lifting up her sword and taking a rag from the bartender, ignoring the resulting glare from him, to start cleaning the blood from it carefully and meticulously. The woman smirked a bit at Yoru's pleasantries, and his comments about her own reputation. "Some of us here carve our reputations from the slums, it takes longer to reach the rest of the world." she remarked. "But one day mine will get there." she added, sighing as she finished with her blade quickly and tossed the now bloody rag back to the bartender. She sheathed the weapon with an audible snap. The bartender turned to say something to her and the woman put her tongue to her sharpened teeth and hissed at him before he could, the man flinching before simply stepping away.

"Karugata Asami." She told Yoru, finally introducing herself before looking at him. "Your chaperone won't say much because he is wary of me it seems... I'm guessing he doesn't want to piss off a member of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist." She sighed, more of a huff of disappointment, some part of her was feeling a bit of Shinji's influence in the moment, an itch for a fight, for real violence. But her blue eyes finally settled on Yoru, wandering to his eyepatch briefly before shifting to his face in full.

"I don't normally pay much attention to other names of other villages yet... but my Mentor made mention of you to me just this week, Karagata Shinjiro. I believe you two have met."

TheLacarix

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by TheLacarix » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:22 pm

Yoru almost rolled his single hazel eye as the woman spoke of raising herself from the slums, as though Yoru hadn’t come from nothing himself, the slums would of being an upgrade. But it didn’t matter, in his experience many Kiri shinobi seemed to have a chip on their shoulder, perhaps it was the harden training they went through as children? Either way it made powerful warriors and he didn’t feel the need to justify his rise to success to her and would keep his distain to himself.

He turned back to his chaperone and chuckled softly “He certainly does seem to be afraid of you, but he’s said very little if anything at all since I arrived, such a shame or perhaps he’s scared of me as well? No, no not possible I’m far too sweet for that.” His swords came out sickly, almost as though they were poisonous to listen to, it would be quite apparent that Yoru was nothing but a fake, a monster of a man hidden behind a delicate visage and fabricated pleasantries, which were soon followed up with “The pleasure is mine, to meet a subordinate of Shinji. I shall have to pay him a visit whilst I’m here, we fought alongside one another long before the war.” Which of course was true, but the way he spoke it was as though they were old friends when in reality Shinji and Yoru only had a small interaction before their bout, though Yoru had given him the location of the notorious missing ninja Katsu, and of course they had fought each other during the exhibition bouts only a month ago, a difficult bout that Yoru felt lucky to get out alive of.

“I am curious, I’ve heard wonderful things about the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist and their interesting blades. Apparent the seven best swordsmen in the world, though I wonder how the samurai feel about that?” He said with a coy, turned up smile taking the final sip of a whiskey.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:05 pm

Asami finished off her whiskey and made a motion to the bartender for a refill, waiting for it before picking up her glass once more and pushing away from the bar itself. She turned and stepped closer to Yoru. "So sickly sweet it would seem." she commented as she got closer, daring to get within inches of the man if permitted. She could see his chaperone shifting uncomfortably behind him at the close proximity but she ignored him entirely as she kept her focus on Yoru. "Oh I'm sure Shinjiro will seek you out as soon as he hears you're here." she admitted. She took a sip of her drink a moment, the gears of her mind turning as she looked at Yoru. 'So he thinks he's dangerous... if I didn't know any better I'd think Shinji was scared of him... or scared for my safety but that's not possible at least...' She kept her thoughts to herself of course, simply sipping the burning liquor as she looked at the man efore her.

His question brought a smirk to her lips of course. "Well I'm not sure... the last time I met another swordsman was in Tea Country... they were too busy screaming or bleeding to really give a good answer..." she replied, her blue eyes flitting away briefly as if a happy memory crossed her mind for the moment before her eyes refocused on Yoru and she shrugged idly. "What about you? If I asked around, what would I hear about Aizawa Yoru of the Leaf?"

TheLacarix

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by TheLacarix » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:33 pm

Yoru paused for a moment, as he placed his glass on the wooden table in front of him. He gestured towards the barman and mouthed the word bottle the barman seemed to look at Yoru with disgust, but he had to make a living and the Bannin from the leaf seemed to be glad to empty his coin purse.

A few moments and a bottle of whiskey was brought over and placed down, Yoru smiled up at the woman and gestured to the table offering her a seat to share the whiskey with him. If she decided to take the seat or not, his responses would still be the same.

“I’m sure a man like Shinji already knows I’m here, he’s quite high ranked within Kirigakure? And so very young quite unexpected.” He couldn’t lie, the loss of Tea Country was a big blow for the fire country and had allowed for Kirigakure to step onto mainland “I’m sure you did very well against the people of tea, shame they sent all of their best warriors across the desert to take a pathetic piece of land rather than protecting their foothold on the mainland.” He raised his hands “Though I don’t doubt your skills as a warrior, the Tea daimyo disobeyed and went out on his own. What a fool." he said, almost spitting as he spoke.

If she had chosen to sat down, he’d top up both of their glasses with whiskey “Oh I’m sure you’d hear many things, traitor, scum, criminal, slave as you may gathered I’m not overly popular in my homeland nor anywhere else for that matter.” And if he was honest, it was true. Yoru had become an outcast, though he had seem to of found an outlet and even a bond with those in Anbu, though that was yet to be seen.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:20 pm

As Yoru offered a seat at the table to Asami, the woman accepted the invite and took a seat with her glass. She set it down in front of her, listening as Yoru spoke. She was genuinely a bit surprised that he didn't seem to take her bait about the Tea Country samurai and twisted it instead to speak of the Tea Daimyo as disobedient and a fool. For a moment the mask she had tried to present faltered as she blinked at him. "I'm surprised. I thought those of Konoha were supposed to be all kind, all forgiving... to speak of your own allies that way, not at all what I expected." she admitted as she leaned back in her chair. As he topped off her whiskey she nodded as a thanks and picked it up, taking a sip off of it and raising an eyebrow as the man went on further.

"Well you really do have a different views than the stereotypical Konoha shinobi don't you?" she remarked, looking at Yoru seriously for a moment as she swirled the amber liquid in her glass for a moment. "So why don't we drop the verbal chess game then. If you aren't a pretentious shit about bloodshed, there's no reason for me to treat you like one." she said flat out with a sigh. "Just because I'm a member of the Seven doesn't mean I'd meat you in a straight up fight and Shinjiro has made clear to me he has no faith in me to succeed if I tried, I'm not going to keep flashing my teeth at you and pretend otherwise."

TheLacarix

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by TheLacarix » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:41 pm

Yoru peered at the woman, his single hazel eyes taking in her features as she spoke with purpose and a clear direction. It was apparent she’d created an image in her mind what a typical Konoha shinobi was like and perhaps in some ways she was correct, when Yoru was younger he certainly fit that mould, dashing, heroic, pure and now he was now cold, calculated and manipulative. Though he still had that hint of warmth, the embers of the will of fire deep in the pit of his stomach.

“Oh I don’t mind if you flash your teeth at me, is it true you grind them down? I don’t think I could do such thing as you can tell I’m quite vain.” He snorted as he tipped his glass and took a large gulp “I don’t think it’s a case of Shinji not having faith in you, I imagine you’re a very capable warrior but even you must realise that there are levels to this.” He said, he placed the glass back down on the table “I’m probably one of the most powerful shinobi in the world, there are not many if any who can best me.” His tone wasn’t of arrogance but a factual truth to it, there was a handful of truly elite shinobi in the world and Yoru certainly was one of them “Please don’t take offence, but I imagine I best you in almost every attribute, perhaps not physical strength. I am after all just a weak Konoha shinobi.” He said with a soft chuckle “But, I can see by your appearance you’re still young and have plenty of room to go, under Shinji’s tutelage you’ll be as powerful as he and I one day.”
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:17 pm

Asami chuckled a bit as Yoru asked about the grinding of her teeth and she grinned at him, showing off her sharpened teeth briefly. "Some of us do." she admitted. "It's not as frequent as many seem to think though." she added, shrugging as she took a swig of her drink. "I did it to make some fights easier... my family has branches, signified by a change of letter in our name. I'm of the lowest branch, and growing up I had a bad habit of smarting off to any others I could... got my ass kicked a lot. But I had to bone to pick and was bad at keeping it to myself. So one day I had my teeth sharpened. It was easier to get the stronger ones to back off after I bit them a couple of times." She shrugged and took another sip, looking at him as he mentioned Shinjiro having faith in her and she almost choked on her drink as she started laughing outright.

"Shinjiro doesn't have faith." she said, after clearing her throat a few times against the burn of the whiskey. "He's quite the bastard actually... when he first recruited me to train me up for the Seven he actually drowned me, had to revive me, and tortured me to try and get me to beg for death." she told him, still laughing as she told the story. Though of course she also remembered how he'd poisoned her when he revived her because of the venom in his own saliva, how she'd kissed him when he had to remove it the same way. The woman shook her head at the memory.

"I don't take offense at others being stronger, Yoru, if you don't mind me being so informal." she remarked, looking at the Konoha shinobi for a moment. "I may be a swordsman, but my focus right now has been my Genjutsu as of late. I haven't come that far, but it's what I hope to hone more of. Training with Shinjiro has taught me a great deal about pain and of torture, I hope to use it."

TheLacarix

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by TheLacarix » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:14 pm

Yoru looked eagerly at her teeth, sharp, perfectly shaped, sparkling white and most of all intimidating. He imagined they doubled up as a weapon, biting down hard and sharp on the jugular could be a very effective manoeuvre, he smiled in response as the woman’s small monologue seemed to confirm this. A woman who’d being brought up in a tough environment and it had shaped her into the warrior sat in front of him.

He nodded with interest at Shinji’s brutal methods, not so dissimilar to Yoru’s own when it came to Anbu especially with the root division, though his weren’t quite such on the nose. Though Shinji and Kirigakure were a different beast entirely “I’ve come across similar, though my own sensei was nothing but sweet and affectionate, he became my brother…. The Hokage himself Takeo.”

It was certainly no secret that Yoru was Takeo’s student all those years ago, but it certainly wasn’t common knowledge. Takeo had moved on and taken on different squads and other students, but Yoru was his first and now they had a bond like no other, even after everything they had gone through.

He was curious that the woman would now begin to divulge in her abilities, though it was apparent she’d be a skilled swordsman but to now tell him she was developing her genjutsu “Don’t forget Asami we are still enemies, don’t divulge too much to me we could certainly meet on the battlefield and just to be clear I will use it against you.” He said, raising his glass and nodding to her taking a large gulp, emptying it and placing it down on the table. Opening up the bottle filling up his glass with two fingers of whiskey, pouring himself another glass and topping up hers his single haze eye glinted “But, combining both Gen and Tai is powerful combination, I’ve met another from Kiri who does something similar and he’s not someone many would want to cross.”
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:27 pm

Asami raised an eyebrow in interest as Yoru mentioned learning from and being so close to the Hokage. It surprised her honestly. "You're fortunate." she admitted. "I'd kill to have that kind of closeness to our own Mizukage... but that would never happen. To gain that position here his successor would have to fight and kill him, so its unlikely such a leader would ever be so close to anyone. Here in Kiri avoiding such a bond would be considered smart. I suppose in Konoha its different. You can afford such bonds." Asami had never felt like she missed out on much by living in Kiri and being raised here, but in this moment there was a brief moment where she wondered.

After all, her parents were brutally murdered and she was left to be beaten repeatedly in the streets as a result and should have died there. Would Konoha have left a child in the same position?

But the flicker was just that, and quickly stifled as foolishness, never to be thought of again. She finished off her drink and even chuckled as Yoru cautioned her about how much she spoke of. "Oh I'm still speaking in general, Yoru." she told him. "Unless I were to start introducing you to The Dread Wolf, you'll know nothing in detail of what I can really do." she admitted to him. Smirking as she slid her glass to him in a silent ask for another drink, she chewed on the inside of her lip for a moment as she glanced him over once more. "Frankly you have a better chance at getting laid tonight than getting that introduction."

TheLacarix

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by TheLacarix » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:26 pm

He pondered curiously what the dread wolf was, a powerful summon? He only knew of one person who summoned wolves and that was Takeo. Perhaps it was the name of her weapons or even her nickname? Yoru often became privy to information and it, what he deemed as very valuable but he wouldn’t imagine Asami was stupid enough to tell him and as charming as he might try to be, he didn’t think he could ween the information out of her even if he wanted to.

A chuckle left his lips as she made a promiscuous joke about getting laid “I’m not sure I’m quite your type Asami, us Konoha men are far too soft and dainty for Kiri women.” He raised his glass and took a sip, finishing it off. He opened the bottle and poured himself and topped up the woman’s glass.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:54 pm

Asami couldn't help a wicked grin as Yoru refilled her glass. "Way I hear it... I'd have to try and catch you first." she replied, snickering slightly as she picked up the glass and sipped on it a bit before leaning back in her chair again. She shook her head as she looked at him. "Yeah... I don't tend to go for redheads... or Konoha shinobi for that matter... I'd probably bleed too much of you." she added with a laugh before downing half the glass and setting it down again.

For a moment she sat there and swirled the glass, watching the amber liquid swirl around in it as well as if it could answer the question in her mind. "You know, there are a lot of things I leave for my betters to deal with." she started, shrugging. "But I have to admit to some curiosity... what is a Konoha shinobi doing in Kiri anyway? We're barely out of a war, tensions could hardly be higher. This seems like the worst time to walk into a snake pit."

TheLacarix

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by TheLacarix » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:19 pm

Yoru didn’t quite understand her joke about bleeding, nor did he want to press it but he fiend a laugh none the less. She was a strange woman and he couldn’t quite work her out, it seemed she was just as likely to have sex with him than kill him, a scary woman, someone who intrigued him. He’d have to keep an eye on her, he was interested to see how her future unfolded.

He chuckled softly as she asked why he was there and referred to Konoha as a snake pit “There is no need to fear the snake pit when you can fly.” It was somewhat true, Yoru of course couldn’t fight all of the shinobi or Kiri he’d be dead in matter of moments, but with the bracelet around his wrist he could be back in Konoha within a matter of seconds. Though combat wasn’t why he was here “I’m here for peace and nothing else, the war was a pointless grab at land that none of us and our nations have fought for century for nothing, I want to bring an end to that.” He said.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:39 pm

"Unless the snakes can fly too." Asami remarked idly. Of course she'd been referring to Kiri, and when he'd mentioned flying she immediately thought of a fight in particular during the war when Shinjiro had descended upon enemies while flying, with her in his clutches, going so far as to drop her upon them before descending the rest of the way himself. She had seen a Konoha symbol that day among the samurai, and some part of her still felt salty that Shinji had kept that fight to himself, even though she'd known at the time he was still the stronger of the two.

She had gone to sipping her drink slowly, knowing the alcohol would be hitting her hard before long and the last thing she wanted was to be a sloppy drunk in the Bloodriver Bar, much less with a Konoha shinobi beside her. She shook her head and almost laughed as he mentioned peace, but as she opened her mouth to speak she caught a glimpse of blue-green hair as it slipped through the bar and swore under her breath. She pushed herself to her feet so quickly the chair behind her skidded back and fell and her hand lashed out to grab the boy. She had been about to throw him on the table but as she also caught a glimpse of crimson she settled instead for pulling him in front of her. "Tora!" The boy now in her hands was ten and small for his age, a katana on his hip and Asami was already looking at a scratch on his cheek and a gash on his left shoulder. Her anger seemed to soften quickly as she suddenly knelt in front of him to look at his shoulder specifically. "Tell me." She didn't seem to even look at Yoru, as if his presence was quickly forgotten.

Tora swallowed hard. "Messenger from the Seven said it was urgent." he said, his voice barely above a whisper as he held up a small scroll. "But at the door..."

Asami snarled under her breath and took the scroll, shaking her head. "It's the Bloodriver, Tora. I tried to warn you."

"...messenger said it was urgent."

Asami held the scroll in her hand and looked down at Tora as she straightened up and sighed, she could see he was trying hard not to cry. It was an improvement on the past, truth be told. She rest a hand on his head gently. "Easy, kid."

TheLacarix

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by TheLacarix » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:57 pm

Yoru chuckled at her analogy and shrugged, he didn’t know of any birds that could fly though perhaps she was taking his own too literally or perhaps it was the other way round. Though it didn’t truly matter, he watched her scoff at him saying he was here for peace, he pondered how difficult it would be to establish peace with a bloodlust nation like Kiriagakure.

Within a moment she’d got off her chair aggressively as though she was about to attack a boy who had appeared behind her, the Konoha Bannin didn’t get involved he simply continued drinking his whiskey as the events unfolded and the boy seemed to be crying. Yoru didn’t quite understand what was happening, though the red scroll seemed to have some severe significance.

He didn’t say a word yet, simply watched to see what would happen next.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:10 pm

Asami more or less shoved Tora into the chair she'd been sitting in before opening up the red scroll to take a look at its contents. As she read it over, Tora simply stared down at his lap, sparing only a couple of wary glances at Yoru. At some point, Asami reached over and took her glass with what was left of the liquor and moved it in front of the boy. Tora looked at it with eyes wide and up at her briefly before looking at Yoru almost helplessly and back at the drink before he heard her speak. "It'll help with the pain in your shoulder." she told him. "And put some hair on your balls for the next part." she added before finishing reading the message and tucking the scroll away as she looked at him with a hard gaze. "Because if you think my own student is coming in here, getting his ass beat, and just taking it? You're damn wrong, Tora."

Tora swallowed hard before grabbing the glass in front of him and downing it before coughing hard.

Asami patted him on the head with a smile on her face. "Good boy." She lifted her head and looked towards the door. "Now which- Oh nevermind." As she spoke a man was coming towards them from the door. He seemed nearly six foot tall and though he had no sword on him she could tell by his build and the gloves he wore he certainly was a shinobi. He was more of a brawler type than anything.

"I told you to leave, kid." The man started to bark at Tora, but paused as he looked at Asami who crossed her arms as she looked at him.

"You're the lummox who tried to stop my protege, huh?" Asami remarked, raising an eyebrow as Tora got up from his seat.

"I told him, Seven Swordsman business or not, he's too young-."

"Wait." Asami's expression grew dark and she put a hand in front of Tora as the boy's hand moved to his sword, ready to pick the fight Asami had been about to force him to pick. But the woman seemed to be changing her mind as she looked at this man. "You knew he was here to deliver a message for the Seven? To a member of the Seven? And still you interfered and injured him?" The woman bristled visibly as the man nodded and opened his mouth as if to speak further. Instead Asami's hand lashed out and snatched the man by the throat, forcing him to his knees as one hand drew one of her swords. The black tanto blade of Kowareta-Ha glimmered in the dim light of the bar. "You dare..."

Tora took a few steps back as he saw the red chakra begin to leak out from Asami's body.
Ability UsedShow
Call of the Void Having spent time in training with the notorious Genma host Karagata Shinjiro, who has a reputation of brutality and torture both in how he trains and how he has been trained, Karugata Asami has developed new skills in affecting those around her. Through her studies in Genjutsu theory, and tortures endured at the hands of Shinjiro and his variety of poisons and venoms, Asami's very presence has become toxic to those around her. Her chakra may seep out and seek those around her, worming its way their minds to break down mental barriers and mental resistances, opening them up to her influence. Her chakra as a result has now turned a deep red.

When this ability is activated at her will (costing chakra equal to an A rank Jutsu), her presence affects those nearby up to a maximum range equal to her control stat, but she can reduce this range as desired. It feels as if her presence begins to simply wear and bear down on them, pulling at them and draining them by pulling away their willpower. This manifests by draining their willpower stat at a steady rate of -2 per post for a duration of 5 posts (-10 max overall). If the target steps out of the ability's range, then upon returning to the area of effect the drain would resume from its current state. If the target has been out of range for one post, then they will regain the lost stats at a rate of +2 per post for as long as they remain out of the ability's range.

TheLacarix

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by TheLacarix » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:38 pm

Yoru continued to sip at his whiskey and watching the events unfold, he smiled at the young man who seemed to give him a wary glance here and there “I don’t bite.” He said softly, almost as a whisper, so he didn’t interrupt Asami whilst she worked.

The woman was quick to anger at the man who was likely the bouncer of the bar who had refused Tora entrance. The Kiri lot we’re quite feisty, no wonder they we’re so strong. He imagined only the strongest could survive in such a toxic environment.

Red Chakra poured from her, it instantly made The Bannin feel uncomfortable as the alien chakra surged through his system. He’d seen abilities like this before, powerful mind effecting chakra that only a few we’re capable of. Placing his hands together, he weaved a set of seals flushing out the alien chakra from his tenketsu.

He watched with interest to see what else she’d do, gaining intel was something that always interested him.
usedShow
Fuhanyouken • The Flooding Dam
A-rank Ninjutsu Maneuver
Through gaining an understanding of the tenketsu, the user will perform a sequence of hand seals, they will then surge throughout their chakra system flushing out any alien chakra that may be within their system, their [Control] must be within five points of the dormant chakra within them. This will then create a small coating of chakra over the valves preventing any other foreign chakra entering them. This however is not capable of effecting genjutsu. This lasts for 8 posts.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:06 pm

Tora seemed to almost flinch as Yoru spoke to him, shaking his head almost vehemently. "It's not you I'm worried about." he admitted quietly, sparing a quick glance at Asami to make sure the woman hadn't heard him. So far, it seemed she hadn't.

Asami was far more preoccupied with the man before her. As the man's face seemed to contort with some kind of confusion, her eyes bored into him. "You defy the Seven? You dare?" she snarled at him, her growl sounding almost ethereal for a brief moment. In her anger she almost had to fight the urge to shift into the form of the Dread Wolf right there in the middle of the Bloodriver Bar. Her hand still on his throat, she forced him to his knees before her but didn't bring her sword up to his throat. Instead she made a quick and shallow cut on his upper arm, and a second on his forearm, both on the same arm of the hand that clung to her wrist. His body shook slightly as his strength and speed were sapped with each strike. With a third, he groaned in pain. Both his mind and body were bending to the will of her mind and her sword.

Tora glanced between Asami and Yoru briefly almost as if asking the Konoha shinobi silently if he saw what the boy feared from the woman.

After she had placed enough strikes, the red chakra waned and the woman pulled herself under control again. She shoved the man away and he fell to the ground. She watched as he breathed heavily, enough strength lost that he seemed either unable or unwilling to move just yet. She sheathed her blade and lifted a hand to motion Tora to her side.

Tora swallowed hard, but stood.

"Tora. Half of this man's offense was against you, take the price from his flesh."

Tora's eyes went wide and he shook his head vehemently.

Asami turned her head to look at him. "I don't care if it's only a finger. You'll use the damn sword I gave you and take a price, Tora."

"No! He-he was doing his job right? I won't!"

Asami suddenly spun and grabbed Tora by the collar. "You chose this life when I found you at the orphanage. You'll do as I tell you."

The boy paled, but when Asami released him he walked slowly over to the injured man and stood over him before drawing his sword. His hands were shaking as he stared down at him, and a moment later there were two screams in succession. The scream of the boy as he swung the blade, and the scream of a man as he lost three fingers of his hand to the badly aimed swing.

Asami was grinning as Tora ran from the place, blade in hand. "The Bloodriver has always turned boys into men." she muttered as she turned back to Yoru at the table.

TheLacarix

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by TheLacarix » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:46 am

Yoru continued to watch the group interact with each other with interest, the Bannin of Konoha pondered if all members of the seven we’re this quick to anger, the methods seemed cruel in Kiri but had similar methods himself within the Anbu and Root, though his methods we’re less physical in nature and less on the nose. Though the methods used here obviously worked, some of the strongest Shinobi in the world we’re from this village and certainly the most ruthless.

As the woman came back, he nodded in response and chuckled out “It seems that way.” He finished off his glass of whiskey and began to fill up his own glass, he nodded to hers asking if she wanted a top up. Dependent on her reaction, he’d fill it up or not “It seems the seven command a lot of respect within the village.”
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:05 pm

Asami went back to her seat and nodded as Yoru silently asked if she wanted a refill. Once her glass was full again she picked it up for a sip without actually sitting down again and nodded at Yoru's remarks. "In Kirigakure you take what you want to earn." she told him bluntly. Not seeming to notice as the man she'd forced her protege to maim finally stood and wavered on his feet for a moment. He seemed to eyeball her for a moment before stumbling away, likely in search for either drink or bandage... or both. "By violence and force we take the respect we command." she told him, finishing off her glass and setting it down, upside down to indicate she was done drinking.

She sighed heavily and looked at the man a moment with a brief chuckle. "Most don't remember at this point, but I started out living in a shack on the docks. I'm from the lowest branches of my family, the Karugata rather than the Karagata... we're often considered barely above slaves ourselves. I fought blade and teeth for everything I have and where I've gotten today." The woman snorted, the amount she'd had to drink clearly affecting her to some degree at this point. "When Shinjiro and I first met I didn't even know if he was going to train me or kill me. He could have done either with no repercussions."

TheLacarix

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by TheLacarix » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:53 pm

Yoru listened to the woman and nodded as she spoke, and the mantra she rang out with “It’s an interesting way to look at things, violence and force are certainly effective tools I personally prefer a less direct approach but both methods seem effective.” He said with an almost snake like hiss, it was clear that Yoru wasn’t your traditional Konoha shinobi, perhaps he’d be more suited to Kirgakure in some ways. Though if the peace treaty went well, perhaps he’d be able to visit more often.

He pondered when the women spoke of slavery what her thoughts we’re on the matter, he knew it was a close part of culture in Kirigakure. The pair seemed to have similar parallels in their life, least fighting up from lowly backgrounds “I’m sorry to hear that, Asami. But at least you’ve achieved so much now.” He sighed softly, clear the whiskey was getting to his head “I was born a slave myself.” He admitted, waiting for the disgusting tone he had come to expect from a Kiri shinobi.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:02 pm

Asami raised an eyebrow as he mentioned being born a slave and tilted her head. A small smile crept across her face as she leaned on her elbows on the table and looked at him. "Sounds like you worked like hell to get where you are." she replied simply. "No one in the Seven will ever scoff at that." she remarked. "One of our previous Overseers was a slave who became a shinobi, and worked her way up to her position. It's considered impossible in this village now, but no one in my organization will ever scoff at such a thing.... and if they do I'll tear off one of their balls, even if its Shinji himself." She couldn't help a grin at the thought. Of course she probably couldn't do such a thing to Shinjiro, she'd be bloodied trying, but to her it sounded like fun to at least try.

As she sat with the man though, a memory came back to her of a conversation she had with Shinjiro. The moment had been so emotionally charged at the time that she'd nearly forgotten much of it, but the thought finally returned to her at the right moment as she looked at Yoru. "Shinjiro did tell me one interesting fact about you." she said suddenly. "He said you once used something in a fight against him that caused him particular trouble... Tenkujutsu I think he called it. I'm curious... would you consider teaching it to me while you're visiting? Or at least something about it so I can figure it out for myself?"

TheLacarix

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by TheLacarix » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:14 am

Yoru laughed as the woman asked if she’d teach him Tenkujutsu “Wanting to tame your master, aye?” he was surprised that she’d ask an enemy shinobi to teach her such things, she’d either dropped her guard or was simply trying to gain information though the techniques weren’t secret at most villages had a scroll on the aforementioned style.

“It’s difficult for me to simply teach an enemy shinobi, I’m sure you must understand that. But I must ask, if I we’re to do it what would be in it for me?” he asked, his lighter chuckling tone soon dissolved as his single hazel eye narrowed, he pondered what the woman could trade, secrets, jutsu, weaponry? There could be an array of things but what was she willing to part with that was the true question.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:27 am

Asami snorted as he mentioned taming Shinjiro. "I have lewder ways to tame Shinjiro if I really need to." she admitted, smirking slightly. "Mostly I want to communicate with the thing he's host to... or be able to fight against other hosts if necessary. It's hard to partner with him sometimes when I can only predict the mind of half of my partner, the rest is... well, a wild card. I'm sure you know as well as anyone a wild card in combat can mean death." To say she was uncomfortable admitting this much to Yoru was an understatement, she just hoped he might be able to help her. "I've always been better at learning from another than from scrolls and theories, theories just confuse."

Though as he went on to ask what she could do for him, she frowned deeply. For a moment she hadn't thought about it. She chuckled mirthlessly as she wondered suddenly if it was worth asking this of him at all. 'I can't even offer him the secrets of my sword... I didn't come up with that, Ryu gave me those secrets from his parents' notes, I'd be trading secrets that belonged to a former overseer.' She looked at the Konoha shinobi a moment and the single eye that peered at her, suddenly curious as to what was hidden for his other. "Every secret I hold down to my sword isn't entirely my own." she admitted, chewing on the inside of her lip. "I guess I'll have to get back to you on that one, I can't answer that so quickly and after so many drinks." The woman stood and stretched, clearing her throat.

"I assume you aren't leaving first thing in the morning, maybe we can continue this conversation sometime tomorrow?"

TheLacarix

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by TheLacarix » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:54 pm

He nodded as she specified what she wanted to do “Jinchuriki wrangling is no easy task, I purposefully poked the bear to test myself had I attempted to wrangle your sensei I perhaps wouldn’t have made it out alive.” His fingers ran across his pale porcelain cheek as he thought for a moment “Communicating can be even harder, they are wild beasts trapped withinside mortals it isn’t for the weak minded.” Not that he was suggesting she was weak minded, just that it wasn’t a simple task.

“I will be here for a while, the journey is long and I still have much to do whilst I’m here so we can meet again tomorrow. You can treat me to breakfast, though don’t think that will do as what you can give me. I will need much more.” His tone seemed almost snake like, ominous in nature as though he wasn’t a man to be trusted.

In truth, he wasn’t.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Post by Willoria » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:02 pm

Asami couldn't help a small chuckle as Yoru mentioned the idea of him trying to wrangle Shinjiro. "I imagine you wouldn't have." she admitted. "I'm his alley and just trying to train with him is equal to risking my life some days." she added, shaking her head. "Then again... first time I trained with him he already hated me. I was always good at picking fights I couldn't win, and I was very good at insulting people back then, but very bad at backing it up." Thinking back to those days still mad her cringe sometimes, even if she did have strong romantic feelings for the man now. That initial meeting had been horrific. What she knew of him now, it was hard to picture that he was the same man.

His comments about breakfast and what she could give him mad her subconsciously cringe as she looked at him. 'No, he can't be trusted.' she thought to herself. 'But I'm asking for something of an enemy... what am I willing to give him in return?' She thought about it for several moments but eventually she shook her head to break herself out of her reverie and simply nodded to Yoru.

"At breakfast then." she said simply before turning for the bar's exist. She had a lot of thinking to do.

Return to “Bloodriver Bar”