Drowning out the silence of being alone

Zangy

Post by Zangy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:57 am

(OOC: With Blarg, so yeah.)
Tons of time had passed since Tamotsu was actually in the village. His trip to Nagi Island had taken a very long time, even if it was supposed to be 'quick'. Though, all that did was disillusion the boy on time constraints on missions. He was supposed to finish in around two months, but instead took upwards of a year.

In his absence, a lot had changed in the place that he had grown up. His parents were a bit more down on their luck, even with the economic boost that the new Kage had given Kiri. Speaking of which, there was even a new Kage that shifted in, then died, bringing back the Trickster of the Mist at the helm of the village.

All those thoughts raced through his mind as he stepped into the Bloodriver Bar. Even though the place was noisier than he would have liked, that didn't stop the establishment from not being his favorite place to sit and think. Somehow, the extra noise seemed to distract him from other worries and just let the boy concentrate on what he needed to do.

It might have been silly, but it didn't bother Tamotsu at all.

As always, the place was busy, with just a few seats available, with Tamotsu taking one of the seats at the bar, furthest away from anyone, giving a free seat next to him. There were two choices, so the easiest one would be the one farthest away from the loud and yelling drunkards.

Some people...

Just like normal, the potter ordered just a small glass of water. He would probably never drink it, and both the bartender and the genin himself knew that. It was more to give him an object to focus on and think about his life, rather than to actually drink. There were a few times where he would, but those moments were greatly outnumbered by the times where the glass remained longer than his body.

Keeping to himself, the bartender went back to serving the more volatile customers.

Ah. It was good to be back.
CodingsShow
Oohazure: [color=#AFAD00][b]""[/b][/color]
Yumegokochi: [center][color=#79CDCD][font=Georgia][big][[sub][/sub]][/big][/font][/color][/center]
Okuure Daisuke: [b][color=#BA7CBC]""[/color][/b]
Kouseki Kazouchi: [b][color=#007D4F]""[/color][/b]

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Iruka sighed, staring at the whiskey his uncle had ordered for him. The clamor was all around him, staggering, slaggering drunks and clumsy shouting men all around. Iruka hated this place. He hated the bar scene in general. He had made a catch at the hospital today, however, that a senior staff member had missed. It was sheer luck; when hooves were heard, Iruka thought of a slightly rarer breed of horse. Iruka happened to have been right, and to celebrate, his uncle had taken him out for a drink. The genin insisted against it, saying that he really would just prefer a quiet night at home. His uncle was adamant, however, and Iruka was left sitting on a stool beside his uncle as he prattled incoherently about his nephew's feat.

The genin sighed, swirling his poison, and forced himself to endure his uncles rambling again.

"Y'know... Do you wan' know sum'n? Do you, uh, DO you wann-- are yoo lishnin' ta me? hey are... are yoo lishnin' to me? 'coz, 'coz I gotta tell-I gotta tell ya som'n, and. And you. YOU." The man broke his speech for a moment to cackle a raspy laugh. Iruka made a face at his breath, pulling away slightly and almost walking out right there, but the boy remembered himself. he must be respectful to his elders. You. Are. jusht. THe BEST. Medical ninja Aiv ever seen."

Iruka nodded, mindlessly and kindly thanking the man and minding his manners. He wondered how much longer he'd have to suffer through the stench of stupor and the putrid poison laboring to make itself known in every pungent pant. Finally, he saw an opening, as his uncle shouted -- far too loudly for Iruka's taste -- for another round for everybody. A cheer rose, again much too loud for the genin, and while he didn't want to just leave his uncle to get up to who knows what kind of trouble, he was quite eager to get away from the sound. The scent of booze hung heavy and stagnant in the air, and Iruka found himself lifting the mask on his medic's robes to keep a portion of it out. It didn't work as well as he'd liked, but it made the air just a little more bearable.

Finding one of the only remaining empty stools in the bar, Iruka took a seat in a distant corner away from the noise and the drunken slurry of fools. Legitimately irritated by the willingness to accept stupidity around him, and more over, to think that Iruka would enjoy being brought along. He had left his glass behind him, and eyed a boy who may have been vaguely familiar, but Iruka did not recognize him off-hand. Through the magic of peripheral vision, Iruka gave the boy a quick once-over. He seemed not to be swaying the way the men from the other side of the bar did, and he certainly did not smell of alcohol. Had someone else been dragged here as well?

Iruka considered. For bravery, he took a piece of cotton-candy-flavored-gum from his weapon's pouch, and popped it into his mouth before ordering an apple juice and smiling in a friendly way at the stranger. "Hello there...." Iruka realized even as he spoke how silly it was to be speaking to a mysterious stranger who was toying with a cup of some beverage or another. But, he had taken the plunge, and now it was time to swim. "I hadn't thought that anybody else would come here without the intention of becoming inebriated!" He opened the door to conversation, giving the boy the chance to respond if he chose, or else to ignore Iruka and continue staring into his unloved beverage.
NOTE: I won't be here on weekends. My being gone then doesn't mean I've abandoned you or the site.
Jesamin, SakakiKonohagakureJounin-[color=#ff34b3]
[color=3cc8800]Samata, Jiigo[/color][color=3cc8800]SunagakureGeninNefarious
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=#cc8800]Aoichio, Sensuke
KumogakureChuunin-[color=#CD4F39]Shirou, IrukaKirigakure
Genin-[color=#0080ab]Sakebi, IshiIwagakure
Chuunin-[color=#84462b][/center][/center][/center][/color][/center][/center][/center][/center]
[color=3cc8800]

Zangy

Post by Zangy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:22 pm

As per the norm, the Bloodriver lived up to its reputation of being the pungent downtrodden gathering of every drunk shinobi. Yet, even with this reputation, it was an odd place of solace.

An ever-changing cast of the exact same play, repeating the events of the years past. It was relaxing, in an odd sense of the word.

Normally, the genin was never provoked or prodded by anyone. There were a few times that he was talked to, of course, like with that one Ice guy, but, that guy had probably gone off to do much greater things.

Or something like that...

Tamotsu didn't want to give the thought much weight for now. He had other things on his mind, which partially showed as he put on a fake smile, nodding to the ninja.

"Sometimes people come to a noisy place to relax a bit... or at least I do."

He didn't know why his methods were that way, but the ninja never really took the time to question them. People had their different relaxing ideals and mechanisms and this was his.

Rather than just stick to being antisocial, one of the lessons that the boy had learned while on his trip was to try and talk out a bit more. In doing so, he would be able to meet more people, which increased the connections that were able to be reached out onto, in case anything happened.

"It doesn't seem like you're getting drunk here either..." he started up, using much simpler words than the other more dressed up male, at least to Tamotsu. "So, why are you here?"

It was a basic question, and would probably have a simple answer, but it was a good start. If anything, it would let Tamotsu know a bit more about this guy, while giving him something to take his mind off of his own predicament. Time would flow by pretty quickly, or so he hoped, so he could finally go back home, go to sleep, then once again, start up the day to work on everything that he could.
CodingsShow
Yumegokochi: [center][color=#79CDCD][font=Georgia][big][[sub][/sub]][/big][/font][/color][/center]

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:45 pm

The boy responded, and Iruka lit up a little, glad on the first account that he had been correct in his initial observation, and on the second that the other person saw fit to give him the company that would keep his mind occupied and away from the ass his uncle was making himself into. When he responded, the genin found himself confused by his answer. Why, going to such a noisy, filthy and stagnant place to relax, without inebriating one's self? Why, Iruka had never heard of such a thing! It certainly was an interesting thought to consider, how one may find such an environment to be relaxing. Iruka tried to find just how that could be, and instead found himself quite incapable.

His new companion spoke again, and Iruka nodded his acceptance of the observation. "I'm a medic ninja in my family's hospital," Iruka began, "And I happened to have gotten lucky with a diagnosis. It was assuredly little more than luck, but my uncle will take any excuse to drink he can find, I'm afraid. He dragged me along to celebrate, and even bought me a drink, but I'm afraid I can't stand stupors or stupidity, and so here I am, waiting for that uncle of mine to pass out so I can get him home. "

The beverage Iruka had ordered was slid down the counter at him this time. The genin hadn't been expecting it, and almost allowed it to spill as he realized just what was happening and caught it. Swirling it a bit, Iruka took a sip, and immediately wished he had waited to take the gum. Suddenly, the beverage became more a toy than a drink, in very much the same way as his companion's seemed to be. A loud crash and a roar of applause came from somewhere across the bar, and Iruka found himself blushing as he imagined all sorts of embarrassing ways his uncle could further humiliate his family.

Iruka would give the boy some time to respond if he chose. If he did not, Iruka would introduce himself. "Oh, and where are my manners! My name is Shirou, Iruka, sir."
NOTE: I won't be here on weekends. My being gone then doesn't mean I've abandoned you or the site.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
Chuunin-[color=#84462b][/center][/center][/center][/color][/center][/center][/center][/center]
[color=3cc8800]

Zangy

Post by Zangy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Oh?

Tamtosu had never really met a medical ninja before, which would easily explain this weird outfit. Though, that was because of the missions he took, along with meeting most ninjas out of costume at his parent's pottery shop. The bonus of an uneventful life was one without many pains.

Though, what the boy said was a bit confusing. He was lucky, so they celebrated. That was kind of normal and all, but if more of the families did this, there would be more celebrating, wouldn't there? Most of the time, drunkards came in here, spouting tons of tall tales, with very little of these celebrations creeping out.

Refreshing change of pace, yes, but it kind of bugged him a bit that maybe there weren't as many celebrations because there weren't that many successful diagnoses.

Whatever, though.

As long as the genin didn't get hurt, he wouldn't have to worry about any of the medical ninja business. Or, he wouldn't have to hunt it down.

Introducing himself, Tamotsu gave a slightly fake smile, giving a nod while swirling his glass around, answering in turn. "My name is Touki Tamotsu or Tasu for short. My parents run a pottery shop near the center of the village. You might have heard of it..."

There was a good chance that the other ninja hadn't, due to most of the needs of shinobi being metal instead of clay, which always made the ninja wonder why his parents opened up and worked with a clay shop instead of a metallurgy.

Whatever, though.

"We don't sell too much, especially since I've been gone... but my parents are really good at working with clay!"

He tried to sound enthused with his remark, but even a child could tell that he wasn't. There was some sort of meekness in his voice, showing that, even with the pseudo-excitement that he was feigning, something else was there.

That was probably stemming from his inability to really hide it, much to his chagrin.

Whatever, though.

The other ninja might pick it up, allowing for a greater speed at passing the time, letting the two converse for an even longer period. Then, maybe the other boy's time could be filled up discussing, rather than watching the drunk get drunker.
CodingsShow

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:33 pm

A pottery shop? People could actually make a living doing that sort of thing in Kirigakure? Iruka had never heard of it. He had noticed the Hitai-ate of Kirigakure on his bandana, but took the boy to be a civilian. With potters for parents, and no genuine headband present, Iruka figured the boy was more like a kid with dreams than anything else. The kunai at his side belied otherwise, but he wouldn't be the first young civilian boys to save up their allowance to buy a weapon and play at ninja with their fiends in a rather dangerous fashion. Well, people were people. He treated them all the same in the clinic, why not in a bar as well. Iruka took another sip of his swill as some man clapped and danced int he distant corner, much to the delight of his comrades.

Iruka sighed deeply.

"Clay, hm?" He considered it for a moment. He said himself they didn't sell much, but to have a healthy boy here, they must have been making enough. The boy seemed less than enthused about his parent's choice of activity. He seemed less than enthused about everything, to be honest. "You don't sound like you're very much enthralled with the work yourself." Another sip, and then Iruka began to puzzle aloud. "What is it exactly that you would-- oh." The stink of liquor alerted him to the presence of his uncle before the hand on his shoulder. Iruka turned his stool to face him, remaining seated. "Hello, uncle."

Iruka sighed deeply.

"Whaaat. Yur old unkle's nawt... nawt gewd anuff fo-or you?" The stench of alcohol wasn't just on his breath, but seemed to soak the man to his very core. Iruka made a face, tying to back away even in his seat as the uncle pressed in close.

"Uncle, you're... I'm afraid I must ask you to back away a little. You're--" His uncle shouted some drunken slather or another, liquor-flavored spittle peppering Iruka's baby face. He was honestly unintelligible, and should have been kicked out ages ago, but it seemed he would be allowed to stay a little longer, just to torment Iruka. His cheeks burned in embarrassment for the sake of his uncle, and he looked to Tamotsu apologetically, wordlessly imploring forgiveness from the civilian for his uncle's behavior and stench. He squirmed slightly away from his uncle, who got closer to Iruka, practically pressing his putrid face against him, having noticed his glance towards the boy, and began shouting vague accusations.

Iruka didn' know exactly what his unfortunately-related relative was saying, but he could make out a few choice words regarding him and his new friend, and the Shirou boy found he did not like it, and shot yet another glance of apology over to Tamotsu.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

Zangy

Post by Zangy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Tamotsu couldn't help but lighten up a bit at the kid's uncle making a fool out of himself. He sort of wondered what it would be like to even have a family that wasn't his own; one that was more active in his life, rather than his own separated life. Sure, his parents made enough money to feed and live decently, but the drawbacks were a bit too harsh in Tamotsu's eyes. Not only did they have to run the shop, with Tamotsu being the main one in charge during the day, but they also had to do missions on a near daily basis.

For the most part, the boy barely ever got to actually see his parents, and it always bugged him. Though, that was partially the reason that he was able to comfortably relax at the Bloodriver Bar. The place where he could see all the interactions that he missed at his own house.

That all wasn't important, though.

The other boy had sort of asked him a question, leaving him to answer, even with the slightly rude interruption. Tamotsu didn't actually care about the abrupt man that barged into the conversation only to leave in a few moments.

A blip in the staleness of life.

"Yeah, I use clay and work with clay daily for my parents shop. I also use it in my ninjutsu, but I'm not too good..." It was true. He was barely able to test out much of his techniques, due to the missions that he had to take. Even though genin normally took D ranked techniques, which wouldn't have much of a need for any ninja powers, every mission that the Touki took all were ninjutsu-less and required just the abilities of being able to eat and breathe.

They were 'below' him, but earning money was what it was about, not doing what you wanted all the time. Though, the weight on his shoulders were fitted for the genin, it seemed and he could handle it.

For now, at least.

Being the anti-social type, he really didn't know how to talk about himself with any sort of exactness. Whatever he said was just whatever was on his mind, caring not for civil rules and norms, opting for his own way of speaking, even if it wasn't perfect or completely correct at giving off what he wanted to say.

"I mainly use it for helping my parent's shop though."
CodingsShow

Zangy

Post by Zangy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:48 am

[Time]
Turning in.
CodingsShow

Return to “Bloodriver Bar”