Time to Unwind

Lady Death

Time to Unwind

Post by Lady Death » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:17 am

The sun was just beginning to set, which meant the night was only just beginning. This was the obvious sign for a particular shinobi of the Hidden Mist to begin the tedious art of drinking every man in the Bloodriver bar under the proverbial table. A woman walked into the bar, slowly making her way to the bar. swaying her hips with each step, her long red hair moving gently along with her dancer-like movements. With hardly a sound, the woman leaned onto the bar, grinning to the bartender, who returned the smile. "Suiyo is here, boys. Let's get the party started!" She said enthusiastically, throwing her arms up as she sat on one of the stools, swinging her legs around so she was leaning on the bar. Her elbows rested on the wood, her chin on her hands as she waited not-so patiently. Most of the patrons, who happened to be male, took notice of the woman immediately after she announced herself, a few of which, had noticed her before hand. The green top she wore didn't leave a whole lot to the imagination, and the mesh undershirt that stopped just short of her bellybutton did nothing for modesty. Keiko's bright green eyes scanned the alcohol selection behind the bar, her eyes glazing over as she looked dreamily at the multitude of bottles. "Its like my home away from home...Scratch that. This is my home." She muttered to herself with a wide smile. Moments later, a tall glass of beer was set in front of her. "That's number one, Suiyo, i'll keep track. After all, you practically keep this place afloat by yourself!" The bartender said with a laugh as he went back to washing glasses.

Keiko couldn't help but giggle at the sight of the beer. The first one was always the best. It was a symbol of the coming fun, and of course, the very idea behind the drinking binge that she oh so enjoyed beginning, and dreaded ending. Keiko quickly downed the first glass, picking it up with a haste rarely seen by the eyes of the everyman. In just under five seconds, the last drop of beer slid down her throat, and the glass clanged loudly as it hit the wooden bar. "Yes! I love this ale, Sumaru! Another, I say!" Keiko nearly shouted, her gaze shifting to the ceiling as she leaned back, almost spinning around on the stool again. "Actually, you should probably just make it three." The words came out quickly and almost shockingly calmly, her smile was still intense. Her gaze went from the bartender to a man who had sat beside her. The man cast her a toothy grin, setting his arm on the bar in front of her. "You seem to fancy yourself a drinker. I bet I can drink your ass under the table, missy!" Keiko looked at him in surprise, her eyes blinking slowly before she started laughing, having to grip the bar to keep from falling out of her stool. "Alright, tough guy, you're on! Tell ya what, you win, I'll pay for every drink you have here for the next two weeks!" The man roared with laughter, slamming his palm onto the bar. "Hope you got a fat wallet, toots." He said with a crooked smile. When he went to take a drink, Keiko slapped her hand onto his. "Ah, ah, ah, not so fast, mister. If I win, you have to pay for my drinks tonight." This challenge was met with another roar of laughter. "Fine, fine. I'm not losing a cent." He said with confidence. Keiko turned her head away, a twinkle in her eye followed by a quiet maniacal laugh. "Like taking beer money from a dumbass."
CharactersShow

Flankingfox

Time to Unwind

Post by Flankingfox » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:04 am

The last time Shiv was in the Bloodriver Bar he had gotten into quite the tussle with the locals, luckily enough he managed to escape just before things got out of hand. He preferred not to think about it though, because at the end of that night he felt like a fool for thinking that he still had something with the person known as Naoko. Sure he knew it wasn't the time for such thoughts, nor was it the night to try and get back with the girl, after she had lost the other man of her life. By the time that night was over again he was left with a void in his heart, knowing now that his chance of ever getting back into that relationship was over. He had to move on.

Shiv had been sitting alone near the back of bar sipping on a bottle of rum when Keiko walked in. His eyes were suddenly fixated on the woman who seduced all the men in the bar by gracefully walking in. It was something out of those cheesy romance novels that ran rampant around the inner core of the village. Shiv lifted an eyebrow when the woman started talking to the bartender. It was then that he knew who she was, Suiyo, Keikyoku. Known around the village as a party girl. This was the first time Shiv actually laid eyes on the woman, she was indeed beautiful but surely the rumors weren't true that she could drink more than a handful of men? Shiv was curious now as he lifted his bottle of rum for another smooth sip, listening and watching as she talked with the bartender.

As the situation progressed, Keiko was already challenging some of the common rabble to a bout of pure drinking will power. It was at the time she moved to slap the random man on the hand that Shiv made a move, in what seemed like an instant he filled the stool next to her as silent as a mouse. She was probably too in the moment to notice him anyway. Shiv watched from the corner of his eye while seemingly looking forward. He then quietly lifted his bottle and took another swig. Shiv was now more than just curious to see how this little challenge would end.
Characters
Name: Karagata, Shiv
Village: Kirigakure no Sato
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:1 C:1 D:0
Name: Sarutobi, Shin
Village: Konohagakure
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Name: Karagata, Okami
Name: Tsukino, Jhin
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

Lady Death

Time to Unwind

Post by Lady Death » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:26 am

Clang! Clang! Clang! Three loud sounds from empty glasses slamming onto the wooden bar as Keiko leaned over the bar, chuckling to herself as she looked at the man beside her. The man had hardly noticed anything, having been chugging his glass of ale himself. As his glass hit the bar, Keiko was running her finger around the rim of one of her empty glasses, waiting for the next round. "Took you long enough, tough guy. Hurry up and order another, I don't want to be the only one here enjoying this." Keiko leaned her head lightly on her right hand, propping herself up on her elbow, looking around the bar again. It was then that she noticed someone was actually sitting on the other side of her. With a quick turn, switching the arm she was supporting herself on, Keiko looked to the man sitting beside her. Who was this guy? Half of his face wasn't visible, wearing a mask over the lower portion. Obviously a shinobi, she hadn't even noticed him come up beside her. But, the burning question was this; how the HELL was he going to drink with his mouth covered like that?! "So, who are you? How do you drink with that thing? You pull it down long enough to drink then pull it back up?" The questions just kinda popped out without her thinking about it. Sometimes her curiosity got the better of her.

Another few clangs, not as loud this time, as three more full glasses were set in front of Suiyo. Then, to save time, the bartender placed three in front of the other contestant of the contest. Keiko let out a slight squeal of excitement as she noticed the glasses. With a speed that would impress lightning, Keiko downed two of the glasses. As the second glass clanged onto the bar, a soft and drawn out sigh escaped her lips. "I really should try to enjoy this. Think I'll slow down to your level, buddy." Keiko laughed as she prodded the other guy with her elbow. Leaning back against the bar she frowned. "We need some music in here. Why don't you have somebody play something, Sumaru? Or will I have to supply the music again?" The questions rang out, her voice gaining volume as her words continued. Placing her hands firmly on the bar, Keiko flipped herself backwards and upright, so she was doing a handstand on the bar before flipping herself down so she was on the other side. Then, with a hop, Keiko jumped up onto the bar in a sitting position. "Nah, not nearly drunk enough for that yet." Glancing at the masked man, she gave a wink after she spoke, taking a small drink of the ale in her last remaining glass. The man beside her was working on his second glass that the bartender had set out for him. It appeared that he was chugging as fast as he could. He needed practice. "Annoying bitch." The man muttered under his breath.
CharactersShow

Flankingfox

Time to Unwind

Post by Flankingfox » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:40 pm

Shiv's eyes had been fixated on Suiyo the whole time, watching her as she ran her finger along one of the empty glasses. The speed at which she drank the beer before her was indeed a marvel in itself. Shiv had met many drinking men in his life and only the best of them chugged down beer this fast. Even Shiv couldn't handle that many so fast, being more of a casual drinker than anything. A small smirk crossed his face when he noticed that the other man was having trouble actually catching up to Suiyo. It was then that he lifted his bottle again, carefully putting the bottle under his shemagh. The warmth of the rum filled his body, it was a pleasant feeling.

Shiv watched as the woman glanced around the room. A feeling of awkwardness fell upon Shiv when her eyes fell upon him. A weaker man under the influence would instantly become red when asked such questions, but Shiv remained as calm and cold as ever. He had originally came to this position to make some anonymous yet personal observations but instead with the personality and curiosity of Suiyo, it looked like he would have to actually converse. In an icy tone Shiv replied, "Shiv... by bringing the bottle to my mouth like everyone else... sure on occasion I drink like that..." He then moved his elbows down toward the bar and rested them upon it. His eyes were forward now to avoid being caught looking at the woman. If anything he might as well have stayed at his previous position to avoid suspicion.

Shiv's eyes shadowed the woman, the warmth of his body was starting to get the better of him especially when she was barely wearing anything. It left little to the imagination, it didn't help at all that he was drunk, he usually allowed his feelings to have more influence in these circumstances. From under his shemagh he smirked slightly. He was completely transfixed on the woman, she was cute and the her personality indeed had his full attention now. His hand twitched very slightly as she winked at him, too much drink could do that to even the most hardened veterans. He noticed a small tattoo upon her bicep when he heard the man next to him speak.

"If she is an annoying bitch, then what does that make you? Don't agree to something so recklessly without actually knowing if you can handle it..." In essence Shiv felt sorry for the man, this whole challenge thing wasn't working in his favor, so to save the man from embarrassment and from wasting all his money here, he would quickly put end the night for the man. The man right next to him was predictable, he would probably stand up and strut in a manly show of dominance, vying to show he was indeed a man of strength. Too bad his opponent was a Jounin, or else that act of intimidation would have worked. Shiv then flashed to his left before the man even had a chance to try anything, grabbing the man by the head and bringing it down to the bar with a solid thud. He was probably here with some friends, but knowing most of the filth in here, none had the balls to stand up and attempt to save the man from humiliation. Well it would have been more humiliating if he had stood up and proclaimed he was a tough guy or something of the sort, this way it makes it look like he just got his ass handed to him and he wasn't ready for it. Much better than even the first option, having a girl outright beat him in a drinking game. Actually the man would have probably stood up either way and tried to blindly fight for his pride, better that the man was out now than later.

The man was out cold, but now Shiv had to deal with the little Missy in front of him. She sure had a nice body to say the least and now she was out of her plan to get free beer. In a somewhat more gentle tone Shiv said, "Don't worry the man owed me a drink with a beauty such as yourself anyway. I'll cover your drinks..." Well that was a hefty offer, he knew she could drink this bar till it was dry, but then again he didn't use his money for anything anyway. He then slowly returned to his stool, glancing back towards the man's friends to deter them from doing anything rash and stupid. He then said, "You want to take me up on my offer and maybe have some better company to converse with?"
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

Lady Death

Time to Unwind

Post by Lady Death » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Keiko couldn't help but smile when the masked man responded. "Shiv. I'll remember that." Her voice dropped to being barely above a whisper, another wink as she scooted back a bit on the bar, as if she were anticipating what was coming next when the man had spoken up. Keiko wasn't new to this game. There was almost always some chivalrous guy, or, much more often, some guy who liked to act like he respected women enough to stick up for them to try and get in their pants. Keiko raised an eyebrow as the scene unfolded, Shiv easily driving the fool's face into the bar. 'This is more entertaining than just about anything I can think of. I love a good party.' She thought, tapping her fingers on the bar, while her left index finger lightly tapped her lips as she looked from the now unconscious man back to Shiv. "My hero." Keiko said with a quiet giggle.

Of course that was when it hit her. The man who was paying for her drinks, was now laying on the floor and obviously incapable of paying now. With a frown, Keiko's eyes narrowed, her gaze shifting dramatically to Shiv. But, before she could say anything, he saved the situation by offering to by her drinks. To which she responded with another squeal of glee, dropping down to the stool again, looking to him with a grateful smile. "Thank you very much, Shiv! As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of an expensive drinker on a good night." Keiko finished her glass, clinking the empty glass to the bar. "Would you like to join me for a few rounds? We can talk, get to know each other a bit, maybe." It wasn't often that she offered to actually drink privately with someone, it was typically reserved for people who had already earned her respect, or at the least, she felt were worthy of it in the first place.

His words took a bit to ring in her ears, particularly the word "beautiful". A quiet laugh escaped her lips as she turned on the stool to face him, crossing her left leg over her right, her arms crossing over her chest. "I don't know, mister Shiv. So far, you seem like good company, but, that has yet to be proven in many fashions. A couple are of great interest to me, and we may yet see how you stack up in those areas at a later time." Her tone changed often in her speech, raising from higher pitches in the middle of sentences, often ending at a lower volume, a wink proceeding the last couple sentences. The bartender stopped by with a couple more glasses. Since the bet was off, he didn't want to overload the man with a bill, that was already likely to be quite severe. Keiko lightly brushed her hair out of her face the bright hair locks waving and curling up behind her ear, bright green eyes gazing into Shiv's as if they were trying to see through him. "So, tell me about yourself, Mr. Shiv." Keiko lifted one of the glasses, sipping from it as she raised her eye brow in curiosity.
CharactersShow

Flankingfox

Time to Unwind

Post by Flankingfox » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:07 pm

Shiv scoffed ever so lightly when she said "My hero", he didn't necessarily mean to take the spotlight and look like the a hero or anything. His original intention was to save the man from this high maintenance woman before the man was thoroughly embarrassed or worse broke. Some of these men, even if they looked tough, were actually your average family man. Shiv's eyes moved toward the man again, his friends were dragging him outside, probably bringing him home no doubt or mugging him. Whatever, Shiv didn't care. For some reason he did what he did but subconsciously it was probably to impress the little lady that everyone had an eye on.

It was then that Shiv came under attack from Keiko, her dramatic gaze pierced his stony features forcing out a slight look of uneasiness, that was until she immediately switched gears becoming much more friendly as his offer sunk in. An ever slight look of relief filled his eyes as he watched her. Shiv was pretty drunk himself, he didn't need any more trouble on his plate. The bartender gave Shiv an angered look. Every time Shiv came into this bar he always left with somebody incapacitated, so the bartender knew him well enough. To make amends Shiv lifted out some money from his pocket and glanced over to the bartender before placing it down. "Here this is for today and last time too..." His attention once again turned to Keiko who had been sitting throughout the whole ordeal but now dropped down to the stool again to sit a bit closer. Not to be rude he replied in a somewhat slurred tone, "Thinking the same thing... A few rounds with a beautiful gal such as yourself will surely be a treat... especially on a night such as this." Shiv then turned to her, allowing for his right arm to hold him up while he placed it upon his head. Hanging in his left hand was the now almost empty bottle of rum which was one of the more expensive ones in the bar. Seven year old aged rum. A favorite of his.

Shiv's eyes seemed to wrap around Keiko as she crossed both her arms and legs. Thoughts passed through his head now that were better left to himself for the sake of being decent and such. He was then confused at the next thing she said lifting his eyebrow trying to understand what he had just heard. He wasn't much for asking questions, but this was a situation that seemed to beg for an answer. After a moment he said jokingly, "Many fashions? What exactly does that mean? Are you saying I don't have the best fashion in the building." Shiv looked down at what he was wearing, his simple black tight jumpsuit left little to the imagination as he lifted his bottle up revealing the area in which most woman inquire about amongst themselves. He was still wearing his combat gear because he had been running errands all day, so in essence he wasn't dressed the best compared to some of the men in here. After having lifted his bottle to take a swig from under his mask, he looked at Keiko again and said, "Great interest? ehh. Most of these filth don't deserve to be associated with the word great. That word has no place here and should only be reserved for some of the finest drinks behind this here counter..." His words hung there for a second before he added jokingly, "I stack in certain areas pretty well if I say so myself"

Shiv smiled from under his shemagh replying jokingly again, "First you have to tell me why you drink so much of that piss?"
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Lady Death

Time to Unwind

Post by Lady Death » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:30 pm

Keiko leaned back slightly, raising her eyebrows at his comment about "stacking in certain areas". This comment brought about a sly grin, her eyes quickly darting down then back up to his masked face. "A few rounds sounds like a little too much for you. You've been hitting the rum, huh?" Keiko asked him with quiet laugh, her eyes spying the apparently empty rum bottle. It was a more expensive brand too. Aged. "Sumaru, can I get a bottle of your special house whiskey? I know you keep at least a bottle of it at all times. I'll pay you up front." Keiko spun around so she was facing the bar, setting both hands on the bar, fingers outstretched. The bartender went into the back and came out with a large bottle, setting in front of her. "You know what, I'll just put it on your tab, I know you're good for it." He said with an almost pitying look before he went back to washing glasses and conversing with other patrons again. Keiko popped the bottle open, quickly taking a rather generous portion of it in one drink. With a heavy sigh and a grin, her cheeks flushed, eyes closing in a look of bliss. "Yeeeees, that hits the spot." She muttered to herself, her voice already showing a slight slur. The bottle ht the bar lightly as she set it down, looking back to Shiv.

"So, what is so special about tonight, hmm? Something worth celebrating happen perhaps? Mourning something unpleasant? If so, maybe I can help you forget your troubles." Keiko said with another slight wink, the color in her cheeks seemed to linger. Another quick drink from the bottle and satisfied smile later, Keiko was back up on the bar, sitting horizontal to the bar, looking to her new acquaintance, her legs crossed again, leaning back and supporting herself on her hands behind her. When he referred to the ale as "piss" Keiko frowned. "Now now, beer and ale may not get you as drunk as fast, but some of them taste delicious. Alcohol is alcohol, and they are all created for the purpose of enjoying the drink. I love alcohol so much, I make it a part of myself. I use it as a weapon." Kaiko spoke in her typical manner, her voice raising and lowering in tone and pitch several times during speech. Light tapping could be heard now as Keiko's fingers tapped the bar, swinger her legs down on either side of the bar so she was straddling it.

"I take some things very seriously, Mr. Shiv. Five things in specific. Singing, Dancing, Drinking, and Fighting." Keiko's voice grew lower and more serious with each word she said, leaning closer to him until she was leaning up on her hands, and her face was no more than about a foot away from his. Her bright green eyes stared into his again, only this time, the emotion in display from her eyes was more docile in nature, but by no means innocent. "As for the last...well, I think you can figure it out..." The words came out in a sweet whisper, barely audible even from their close proximity, a coy grin slowly crossing her lips.
CharactersShow

Flankingfox

Time to Unwind

Post by Flankingfox » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Shiv lifted his brow wrapping his eyes over Keiko again before replying, "I agree a few rounds would probably put me to sleep, unless I was doing something." His face blushed slightly, after he had spoke. Shiv watched as she ordered the special reserve of whiskey. Something told him that tonight wasn't going to end as quickly as he thought it was. With work over and done with, the only thing left was to release tension. When the bartender returned, Shiv glanced at the bottle, he knew it well, an expensive drink to say the least. Shiv then cut in and said, "What ever do you mean? I'm covering your drinks tonight. You have quite good taste in drinks. " Shiv was caught in the moment for a second before realizing that the man needed to be payed, "Put the bottle on my tab, you know me for the most part." It wasn't the reputation of being good for the money that swayed the bartender to his side, the bartender willingly listened because of Shiv's reputation. Sure Shiv would pay for the bottle at his convenience, feeling nice tonight, but if he didn't want to he could just use his pull to intimidate the man to hand it over. His brutality was known throughout the village, but the girl in front of him probably had better things to do than research everyone around the village.

Shiv then looked toward Keiko after she conveyed that the bottle was indeed of great quality. "You didn't introduce yourself missy... but don't worry I know who you are; Suiyo Keikyoku, if my memory serves me well. The girl that can drink any man under the table ehh. Glad I can finally meet you in person." He smiled from under his shemagh, the thought of challenging her to a drink off filled his mind, knowing he would likely fail. Tonight was not a night for that though, he was already disadvantaged anyway because of how early he started. It looked like she was feeling a bit tipsy though, considering her slightly slurred speech.

Shiv became suddenly attentive now, when she asked about why he was here on this night. Well to be honest, he didn't really want to get into the whole thing with Naoko. Tonight he would rather relax and enjoy himself. Lifting his bottle and putting it on the counter he glanced over again at Keiko whose cheeks were oddly colored. After a moment he replied, "I'd rather not talk about it, though I will take you up on that offer..."

Shiv's eyes couldn't help but move along her body as she moved to sit on top of the counter. When she replied to his remark he simply looked her in the eye and said, "I can drink to that" Shiv then lifted his bottle from the counter and chugged what was left of the thing. The warmth filled his throat as it slithered down into his gut, setting fire to his body again. The warmth was more than pleasant.

When Shiv saw her straddle the counter his blood started to boil slightly, his thoughts became his own again. That was until she started talking about the things she took seriously. When she steadily came closer to him his body started to feel tingly, a side effect from too much drink. It would have been alright until she finally said, "well, I think you can figure it out." He couldn't stop the overwhelming flow of adrenaline, blood started to rush to the lower part of his body, making him bigger in a sense. In a hushed whisper he replied, "I would very much enjoy finding out just how serious you take the last one..."
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Lady Death

Time to Unwind

Post by Lady Death » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Keiko grinned to the masked man Shiv, raising her eyebrow and biting her lip as she leaned back, sitting upright on the bar again. Her entire body was beginning to feel hot, as well as developing a slight tingling sensation in her gut, and somewhere further south at that. "Well, Shiv...it just may be your lucky night then." Keiko's voice was barely above a whisper again, speaking as she slowly dropped down to the stool before standing up in front of him, raising her brow with a coy grin, her fingers restlessly tapping the stool, the other hand's fingers curling around the neck of the whiskey bottle. "So, you wanna take me home, big guy?" With that, the somewhat inebriated woman turned, beginning to slowly walk towards the exit of the bar, taking another big swig of the whiskey, setting the bottle down on a table on the way to the door, her hips swaying with each slow step. Keiko had a strong feeling that one of her basic needs was going to be met soon, and that this wasn't a course of action that would have many long term repercussions. Seeing as how he too is a jounin, and they may work together at some point, her intention now may as well be the strongest exercise of camaraderie that a couple of shinobi could experience. How exactly could you not know someone that you were literally joining with for a time? As the door opened, Keiko looked back to him over her shoulder to ensure she wasn't walking out alone. With a rather seductive smirk, her eyes staring into him as they narrowed slightly, she spoke in a light tone again. "Coming?"
CharactersShow

Flankingfox

Time to Unwind

Post by Flankingfox » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Shiv didn't even have to say anything, both of them were running on instinct now. Well he was right about one thing, this night wasn't going to end anytime soon. Shiv placed his bottle on the counter, more focused on the one in front of him, the only thing that could be heard was a solid thud then came the sound of glass breaking. He didn't care though his eyes were fixated on Keiko. His heart raced as he watched her head toward the exit of the bar, her hips were alluring; dangerous even. When she stopped to look back he swiftly stood up and followed, he had been too transfixed on her to realize she was getting away. Shiv made sure to pick up the bottle of whiskey before leaving, the filth in here had no taste and as such they wouldn't be allowed to have the whiskey nor the fine woman that walked in only awhile ago.
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Return to “Bloodriver Bar”