A Soldier Without a King

Zangy

A Soldier Without a King

Post by Zangy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:58 pm

It had been a while since Ishiki had done much of, well, anything. His time had been taken up by his trainings, due to his Earth Grudge having some slight mishaps, forcing him to take a much needed rest from any sort of ninja activity. While it did bother the jounin slightly, he did know that the forced rest would be something he would be better of for to take advantage of. It wasn't often that Kyuuri was serious enough to only pull a simple note-on-their-back as his joke, compared to the myriad of other possibilities that he could have done to the rag doll.

For now, however, it might have been the time whenever he would be fully capable of being a ninja again.

Well, maybe.

Today, maybe.

According to his talk with Kyuuri, it might have been time for the man to step up. While the time as his job as a bodyguard for one of the Genma hosts was cut short, due to the unfortunate disparity between the host's chakra and the chakra of the massive illusionary beast. It was a massive shock to Ishiki, which was easily shown by the looseness of his threads. Maybe that's what the cause of his current problems was. Whatever, though. The Mizukage gave a lazy order to him. It wasn't a referral, but something a bit more in tune with the man's standard messages.

He was to talk to Karagata, Shiv. While that was a name that was slightly famous around Kirigakure no Sato, it wasn't one that Ishiki himself had ever had the chance to meet the man behind the mask of part of the Head Hunters.

Sitting up at the Bloodriver Bar, Ishiki waited. Not normally the one to be late, he had made sure that he was a bit early to make sure his entire appearance was okay. Without his cloak on, he would very easily make a scene, due to his tendrils popping out of his stitchings. While he had gotten used to the stares, at least on the surface level, this wasn't the time to make a scene, or really make himself known, except to the only person that he was talking to.

The reason behind his talks would start to show pretty quickly, as Kyuuri himself had set up the meeting between the two men, even if the intent, along with the manipulator both hidden from the view of everyone else. He still was a trickster, after all.

With a light tap, Ishiki ordered his first drink and waited for the meeting to begin.
CodingsShow
Oohazure: [color=#AFAD00][b]""[/b][/color]
Yumegokochi: [center][color=#79CDCD][font=Georgia][big][[sub][/sub]][/big][/font][/color][/center]
Okuure Daisuke: [b][color=#BA7CBC]""[/color][/b]
Kouseki Kazouchi: [b][color=#007D4F]""[/color][/b]

Flankingfox

A Soldier Without a King

Post by Flankingfox » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Shiv stretched his arms behind his head while walking out his front door. On the way out his hand caught the door which rapidly drove it forward. The door flew forward hitting the frame before bouncing back open. He didn't have a lock on his door anymore, nor did he really need one. The people in his apartment complex knew better than to mess with anything of his. They even kept an eye on it while he was gone. Nothing really of value was left here anyway. Just a place to sleep, eat, and on occasion fuck. The latter hadn't occurred for awhile now, ever since things started getting serious with Naoko.

Pulling down his shemagh Shiv spit on the ground; the taste of blood was still thick from the night before. He had been on patrol all night, breaking up fights and doing the dirty deeds that kept the village relatively safe. Internal threats were always sort of a problem in the outer rings of the village. Shiv didn't have to deal with any of that shit tonight. Tonight he was on official HHD business. His destination for this evening was the famous 'Bloodriver'. It had been quite some time since he had shown his face there. The last time he was here he left with a fellow Jounin for a bit of extracurricular activity.

Stumbling through the dreary and damp streets of Kirigakure he finally reached the renowned bar. This is where he was supposed to meet his 'date', or so the note claimed. The note was found on his door after a series of loud mind shattering knocks. From the look of it, it seemed to be from the one and only Kyuuri. Kyuuri probably knew Shiv hated loud knocking because a decent amount of messengers returned bruised after delivering their message. If it was from Kyuuri, Shiv couldn't just ignore it.

The weathered door of the old bar swung open before harshly slamming against the wall. The sudden sound didn't startle anyone, everyone here was used to just about anything. Shiv emerged from the entrance and cautiously looked around. Couldn't be too cautious, there was usually some pretty rowdy individuals in this joint. No need to embarrass himself in front of his 'date'.

Well the guy sitting at the bar definitely matched the description Shiv was given. He looked like quite the awkward recluse. Shiv strolled through the chaos of the bar, swiftly maneuvering around the drunks and whores. Once Shiv finally got into proximity he placed his hand upon the shoulder of his date and started in a sarcastically friendly tone, "I take it you're my handsome and well mannered date..."

Shiv then took a seat next to Ishiki tapping the bar hard in the process. This was the good thing about meeting in bars, they almost always started with a stiff drink to help get the juices flowing. In a rugged tone Shiv continued, "The name is Shiv, I take it you're Ishiki?"
Characters
Name: Karagata, Shiv
Village: Kirigakure no Sato
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:1 C:1 D:0
Name: Sarutobi, Shin
Village: Konohagakure
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Name: Karagata, Okami
Name: Tsukino, Jhin
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

Zangy

A Soldier Without a King

Post by Zangy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:19 am

Even if Ishiki knew that someone was coming in; even if he knew what that person looked like, it was still a bit of a surprise as Shiv introduced himself, causing the rag doll of a man to jump a little bit in his seat. He was just a bit too off from any sort of normal activity to do too much of anything in these ragged times. Nodding upon the other man's question, confirming the two were exactly who they thought they were. How much was known, however, was probably a lot less than either ninja truly or even briefly suspected.

"Yeah, yeah. Fumei Ishiki, at your pleasure," came a rather raspy response from the man's mouth. While others had a bit of problem after not talking for a while, Ishiki was much more worse for wear. Due to having to effectively relearn every bit of his own body, ranging from walking to even simplicities like talking, any sort of unuse of these mechanics lead to much staleness in their acts.

That would probably be why Kyuuri wanted the jounin to start up this meeting in some way. The Kage did have an odd way of thrusting greatness or ruin on someone at the drop of a hat. Whimsy was pretty strong in their leader.

"I'm pretty sure you were given a bit of a head's up on what this is about. I'm sort of looking into joining the Head Hunters. As you can probably tell, I've been a bit of a shut in for a while," he started explaining, though if Shiv noticed, it would be quite obvious that the effects of Ishiki's body were not normal. The tendrils that were pulsing throughout his body caused minor ripples to appear anywhere that skin was visible.

To those not used to anything related to Ishiki, there was a pretty good reason for his hidden activities. While he had known the owners of the bar from beforehand, anyone who served him was still probably freaked out by his appearance and actions. Those that were different were frequently stared at, which is something most clan members had the 'joy' of experiencing. To Ishiki, who had been pretty exact standard, it was a completely new experience for him. A much hated experience.

Though, Ishiki was starting to get a little better at controlling the pulses to make a much greater illusion of normalcy. As soon as one pulse started, he shifted a bit, but anyone of any ninja caliber would be able to see through his guise. It was a bit saddening, but, hey, that's all he could do at the moment.

"I probably should have done this in a much more official manner, but this is what I was told, yeah?" While not directly saying it, it was pretty easy to see what he alluded to. Kyuuri never wanted things to go through the normal and easy way. Bureaucracy was the trickster's most hated enemy, after all.
CodingsShow
Yumegokochi: [center][color=#79CDCD][font=Georgia][big][[sub][/sub]][/big][/font][/color][/center]

Flankingfox

A Soldier Without a King

Post by Flankingfox » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:04 pm

When Shiv sat down he immediately collected himself and scanned over his 'date'. This was the person Shiv was instructed to meet. Something was off about this guy though. The thing that primarily tipped Shiv off was the abnormal pulsation underneath Ishiki's cloak. It was as if there was something moving under his skin. Shiv's hand was only on Ishiki's shoulder for a moment but in that short time frame he felt the difference almost instantly. Whatever, Shiv wasn't too judgmental about the people he dealt with.

Not one to stare and make somebody uncomfortable, Shiv continued looking forward even though he caught more than one oddity upon the apprehensive man. That skin was definitely not normal. It looked almost ready to burst. Was this guy truly human or did he hide something within that raggedly flesh of his.

Shiv listened as his 'date' replied and furthered their conversation. The man before Shiv spoke oddly, awkwardly actually. Just what did Kyuuri have in mind putting the two of them together? Shiv wasn't one to care for people or their troubles but this guy had peaked his interest. This Ishiki guy seemed like quite the amusing yet shifty character.

Shiv ran his tongue against the razor sharp teeth in his mouth before transitioning to the various cuts scattered around. Last night left the inside of his mouth bloody and sore. Fights were common during the night shift and for once he was actually scathed by a peer of the same rank. In the same rugged voice he replied, "Nah don't worry about it, I needed a drink anyway."

Shiv tilted his head downward and spit on the ground, the floor was covered in all sorts of filth it wasn't that big of a deal. Continuing from where he left off he answered the previous question Ishiki raised concerning the HHD. "As a matter of fact I was informed that you were interested in joining. But... are you sure you're up to it? No offense, but you look a bit under the weather..."

Once Shiv finished talking the waiter strutted toward the two and placed their drinks in front of them. With a heavy hand Shiv moved to grab his drink, popping the cap off the wooden bar before guzzling down a decent amount. It wasn't the best drink in the village but it sure hit the spot.
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

Zangy

A Soldier Without a King

Post by Zangy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Shiv's notice of his 'health' was a bit alarming. While most people ignored him as someone who didn't matter at all, it was something that mattered to something of this importance.

Ugh...

How could he be so stupid?

Everything in terms of higher ups was either a show of strength or a show of charisma. If he wanted to impress someone, he would be on his best behavior. He would need to show off and stand out.

Maybe that was Kyuuri's message. Maybe that was what Kyuuri wanted him to improve on, thrusting him into this awkward scenario just so Ishiki would realize what he was missing on his own, rather than being told about it.

Straightening up a bit, Ishiki attempted to control any of his awkward pulses. While it did force him to slow down his own movements and concentration, it was something that was partially theraputic, in a weird way.

Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. It's just something I'm not truly used to. I don't know how much you know about my file or background, but I guess you could say I'm strong. I've had a bit of a break from... most things... I haven't been outside for a while, which kind of, well, hopefully explains my reactions as they are now."

His words were still kind of muddled, and seemed a bit farther away than they were truly aimed at, but, having to focus on multiple things at once was still pretty hard, especially whenever one of those things was working his entire body to perfectly move in tune with itself.

"I guess there isn't too much that I could prove here, but that would be up to you on how you go about this."

Taking a sip of his drink, he made sure to keep his mouth as closed as possible. While he didn't really need much in the way of sustenance, he didn't want to let just everyone see his insides. A tongue was still there, if you used the very loosest sense of the word, the rest of his inner body was completely reworked compared to others.

This wasn't something that he'd just give away, especially to some random drunks at a bar.
CodingsShow

Flankingfox

A Soldier Without a King

Post by Flankingfox » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:52 am

Shiv lowered his drink to the counter creating a loud thud in the process. Shiv then glanced at Ishiki from the corner of his eye; carefully noting that the man had calmed his body down. This could be seen by the fact that Ishiki wasn’t squirming as much now when compared to before. It was then that Shiv began to slowly scratch his head in mild confusion. Was this a reaction to the comment he made about Ishiki looking sickly? Maybe this man took the comment to heart?

Shiv couldn’t blame the guy for squirming and being nervous or uncomfortable. Being forced to meet with somebody you know nothing about is quite the challenge. It wasn’t just because it was awkward; it was because it was facing the unexpected in the ugliest way possible. This forced way of meeting people was usually only reserved for meeting the opposite sex; a whole other avenue of awkwardness. At least in this situation the two already had a subject on the table to freely converse about.

Shiv returned his gaze back to the wall behind the counter while Ishiki seemed to desperately explain why he looked the way he did. To be honest, Shiv wasn’t whole heartedly focused on what Ishiki was saying; he didn’t care how the man looked. What he did know was that strength was more than just appearances. The man had plenty of time to show his worth but tonight wasn’t the night for measuring who had the bigger dick, it was a time of relaxation and conversation. Shiv actually had his eye transfixed on an aged bottle of rum. It rested pleasantly upon the shelving just waiting for a person with fine taste. Not that Shiv had such an exquisite quality but he enjoyed the idea of being considered a person with fine taste.

Expensive, the price of the rum was too much for tonight. If he were to waste that much money on rum he would make sure that he was definitely going to get his dick wet before spending a cent. Shiv turned his body toward Ishiki. It would be in their best interest to get to know each other before they went forward with any official business. This guy just needed to open up a bit more, he was acting like they were in an office or something.

In a friendly tone Shiv said, “I think I glanced over it one or two times awhile ago, but nothing too noteworthy if I recall correctly. You know what, don’t even worry about it buddy. Cut the formalities. This is your first time out of wherever you decided to crawl up and hibernate; don’t you think you should be trying to enjoy yourself? I know you probably feel pretty offset by the whole being out of the loop for so long but you should take this as an opportunity to do something unexpected…” His words trailed off as he attempted to think of a good joke to go along with what he was saying. Nothing came to mind so he went with something sexual. Those always made nervous guys like Ishiki laugh or at the very least flash a smile.

Jokingly Shiv continued with what he was saying, “…Besides fiddling with yourself had to get boring. Or are you not into the whole getting lucky shenanigans?” Though his tone was joking you could tell Shiv was genuinely interested in what Ishiki had to say. Meeting a person that stayed away from the bulk of society for long periods of time was a relatively rare occurrence. Once he finished speaking he lifted his drink again and guzzled it down before banging it loudly on the counter to signify he needed a refill.
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Zangy

A Soldier Without a King

Post by Zangy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:32 pm

Well then.

Ishiki wasn't normally one to judge character, but this guy was a bit brash in his mannerisms. Maybe it was because of the setting. Maybe it was because of some other unknown reason, but that bit didn't matter to the jounin at all. He had a goal here, given to him by Kyuuri, and he needed to fulfill it. While normally, the joke would have been something to be responded to with another, Ishiki tended to be a bit more serious in most terms. It was a mix of his nervousness, with a dash of his lack of knowledge of what to do in these types of situations.

He'd get better, of course he would.

"Well, dunno... I don't really get to do much of anything, especially with, well, everything."

While the reference was pretty easy to catch, it wasn't something to be entertained, due to the lack of everything involved. It was something that Ishiki had to give up, in a way, for the power he received. Troublesome, but worth it.

Or, at least, that was the intention. Power over everything.

Taking another drink from his cup, there was a bit of a tang before fading away once more. Due to all the changes, alcohol didn't really have too much, if any, effect on him. A double edged sword, of course, due to being unable to drink away much of anything, to his dismay, but hey, a minor benefit is a minor benefit.

"I haven't really had any time to do much of anything besides training. It gets pretty complex sometimes, which leaves very little time to do much of anything."

Awkward, yes, but then again, awkwardness was Ishiki's main point of sale. He could do better, probably, but when brash meets awkward, the awkward tend to shuttle back.
CodingsShow

Flankingfox

A Soldier Without a King

Post by Flankingfox » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Shiv lifted his hand to try and get the attention of the waiter, supposedly banging your glass loudly onto the counter wasn't good enough these days. While he continued in his attempt to get another drink he carefully listened to his 'date'. This man was one of the few people in the village that were considered to be on a level by themselves. Shiv had lied about not knowing who the man before him was. Shiv had definitely heard the rumors about Ishiki from the Commander, but didn't have the chance to personally witness the man and his unique abilities. The man before Shiv had the potential to be much more fearsome then any other member in the 'head hunter division' and as such was a highly prized candidate.

In a sarcastic voice Shiv said, "Oh, so you're one of those types..." Shiv paused for a moment while intently looking around for anybody he might know. It had been awhile since he had been given the opportunity to grace this place with his presence. This was supposed to be official business though, he could entertain himself after the recruitment process was dealt with. He blinked and brought himself back into the conversation. Shiv then continued in a much more serious tone, "...even though I haven't personally read your profile, it doesn't mean we don't know about your current predicament. Your unique abilities are highly valued around the village and the head hunter division would gladly pick you up on a dime..." Shiv was suddenly cut off by the waiter before he finished what he wanted to say.

The waiter had finally found the time to bring Shiv another drink, things were always exceptionally busy here. It wasn't surprising the service was slower than what you could find at other establishments around the village. If anything this one was the most popular. Shiv picked up his drink and took a quick swig. As with before the taste wasn't exceptional but it would do for tonight. In the same serious tone Shiv continued from where he had left off, "We would be glad to have an exceptional weapon such as yourself amongst our forces. From what I've heard you don't need to go through the trivial recruitment process. That process is to weed out the weak and you are far from being weak when you're at your best that is. If you want to join the division, the choice is up to you. Will you join the division?" Shiv left it as a question even though he had a decent idea as to what Ishiki would say. This was far more official-like, it seemed that is what this particular individual was used to. Trying to be casual and relaxed wasn't exactly having the effect Shiv had intended. Ishiki seemed to be an individual that cared about power and his duty above all else, something that was steadily becoming harder to find in this village.
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Return to “Bloodriver Bar”