[Social] Meeting of Minds

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Post by Sia » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:50 am

Too...much...snow! Akane looked upwards and immediately regretted doing so. The white fluffy ice was falling from the sky at a rate that caused her to momentarily go blind. "Fuck." Good thing it's just water and so melted rather quickly. After a quick recovery she looked ahead. "I can't see anything." Akane was in her work clothes today. Her red top exposed much of her skin and she clung to her her cloak tightly from the inside. Of course, she would have worn warmer clothes, but when she went on her mission earlier in the day...well let's just say it wasn't snowing at that point.

She had given word to Shiv to relay a message to some of the other Head Hunter units. He agreed that getting to know each other from different unit's was a good idea, and so he had asked for some folks from both the Research & Development team and the Interrogation unit to meet up at the Bloodriver Bar. There was supposedly going to be some that would actually show up from the Hunting Division. Chances weren't very likely though. Well, besides Akane. She figured she'd be the only one. Fucking slackers.

Akane was heading towards the bar early. She hoped to get there before the others. She had a scroll on her person with an order for the barkeep. Essentially, it said not to let anyone bother those that sat with her. It wasn't entirely needed, she could handle herself. Likewise, those from the other divisions probably could too. It was actually from the higher-ups, so she was obligated to give it to whoever was running the bar at the time.

She arrived at the Bloodriver bar and hastily went inside. It was much warmer there, and Akane relaxed her tensed muscles. She took a moment to eye the current inhabitants. A handful of drunken Aisu clan members were in the corner, singing. It sounded like puppies dying. The noticed the barkeep was different than usual. It was the owner's son, which meant the owner was out for the moment. She walked up to talk to him. He was generally much nicer than his father. Amusing.

Reaching into a pouch at her right hip, she produced a scroll which she presented to the young man. He looked to be about her age, actually. He was hesitant at first, but she turned it over to reveal the village symbol. He took the scroll and opened it. After a quick read, he nodded. "I'll pass it along when he gets back." Akane nodded in thanks and went to a table off to the side. Their wasn't anyone sitting over here. Not yet anyway. She looked around the room. There were a few scattered individuals here and there. She didn't recognize any of them though. Though she hadn't actually yet to meet anyone from the other divisions.

For all she knew, they could have watched her as she came in.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:05 pm

And watched her someone did. Hideki had been outside the bar for almost half an hour before he had seen Akane slip inside. It was one of those rare days that Hideki had trusted his lab assistants enough to take over the majority of his experiments while he left the confines of headquarters. The dark corridors and eerie mist had become almost comforting to the doctor in the short amount of time he had been working for the division. Then again, he had always preferred to remain out of sight of other people. Nine times out of ten, they were idiots. He had no time for idiots.

This situation, however, was essentially an order from his higher ups and he had no intention of giving them a reason to take away his position or worse, his funding. Shaking some of the snow that had gathered in his hair, Hideki adjusted his coat and made sure that his collar was turned up against the wind to try and avoid having snow get stuck between his pullover and his lab coat. That would be… uncomfortable to say the least. The unlit cigarette that had been hanging from his lips dropped to the snow covered ground before immediately being crushed under foot as the doctor crossed the road. It had been more for show than anything else really.

The second he opened the door to the bar, he almost immediately turned around and walked right back out. The first thing that hit him was the sound. While he knew that it was singing, his mind registered the noise as some poor animal being tortured to death. Even Hideki wouldn't be so cruel as to beat an animal to the point it made such a noise. … Well, he would, but he would at least do it in the privacy of his lab and only if it was for an experiment. The second thing was the smell. While it smelt of the usual booze and sweat, there was an undertone of blood that couldn't help but make the doctor smirk. This place had probably seen more bloody brawls than even the outer districts of the village.

Pushing his discomfort to the back of his mind, Hideki stalked through the bar and straight towards were he spotted the silver haired Akane. The bartender had tried to say something but a cutting glare and the subtle opening of his coat prevented the man from speaking further out of turn. Hideki had learnt very early on that having rows of needles, scalpels, and vials filled with who only knows what, was a rather effective intimidation tactic.

That situation dealt with, Hideki dropped into the seat across from his comrade and rested his elbows on the table, fingers hooked together in a way that covered the bottom half of his face. As far as he was aware they were still missing at least one more individual, so the doctor simply stared at Akane from over his fingers, waiting.
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:05 am

Maigo did not like snow. Maigo did not like bars. Maigo did not like people. So when he was told that he was supposed to go to some meeting at the Blood River Bar, right as the snow had started to pick up, Maigo's answer was almost immediately no. He had business to take care of anyways. But as the day continued, the people above him persisted, and Maigo eventually relented. He had just finished his tattoos 5 days ago, so his body was still very sore. The cold only made it worse. Which is why Maigo had spent the last 5 days underground, in HQ, working on......information gathering. So when he went outside, he put on a large trench coat, with a hood, and bundled his entire body up. His eyes a were a cold steely blue, and locked forward as he trudged through the snow.

He was the last to arrive, and the moment he walked into the bar, he realized he should have said no. The singing rang through his ears, and his face immediately scrunched up in annoyance. His hands wove together into seals and he walked over to the band of Aisu, placing his hands on two of their shoulders, "If you don't mind me asking, could ya keep in down a little bit. We're going to be having quite the important meeting over there.", he nodded his head back to his two HHD comrades, and made the most fake insincere smile ever, before releasing the two Aisu and walking away. Right away the two Aisu he had touched looked very pale, and uncomfortable. Maigo walked away, and interestingly enough, the the singing never picked back up. Having been replaced by low murmers, and eventually, most of them leaving.

Walking back towards the door, Maigo hung his large coat, brushing the snow off the shoulders as he did. Ensuring it was hung as perfectly as possible, he turned his attention to his two comrades and headed towards them. Pulling up a stool to their table, he took a seat, "Dawasure, Maigo. Lets make this quick.", he said in a very monotone voice. Almost entirely contrary to the friendly, pleasant tone he had just used with the Aisu.

His eyes searched Akane, first. She was scantily clad, with a lot of skin revealed from her outfit. Hardly appropriate for the weather, but Maigo was not one to judge. Her posture was open, indicating that she was likely a more lighthearted individual. From that, he gathered she likely was in the hunter division. Most of the people in R&D, and in the Torture & Interrogation units were less...pleasant to be around. He couldn't tell much else about her, after all, she was sitting. He didn't see any revealing clan traits either, meaning she was likely a vanilla just like Maigo.

He attention then flipped to the doctor before him. It was very clear he was a medic of some effect by the lab coat he wore. There was weight to the coat, indicating that there was something, or some things, inside of it. Likely tools of the trade. Despite them sitting, Maigo could tell that the man was a few inches taller than him. But his skinny frame likely meant they were around the same weight class. His face had a scar of note, but no laugh lines on the cheeks, or stress lines on the forehead. Maigo was quick to determine this meant this guy was likely somewhat like Maigo, cold, uncaring, disconnected. He certainly wasn't in Maigo's squad though, so the logical conclusion was that he was in the Research and Development. This guy was the one that was sending patients to Maigo all butchered up. Delightful, he had been wondering who was to blame for that. Though, really, Maigo was likely doing to the same to him. They didn't afford iijutsu care for people who were withholding information, after all.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Post by Sia » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:51 am

Truth be told, Akane had been expecting more people to have moved to her table when the strange lab coat man sat down. From his appearance it was apparent that he was a medical ninja, or at least skilled enough in the practice. He was likely either in the Research and Development division or the Interrogation unit. Hunters didn't generally wear a lab coat. She looked at his face, staring into his blue eyes. She was trying to put the pieces together. She was analyzing. She ascertained him to be around her own age. He had several scars on his face. One large one on the right side, three on his left. She realized she was being rude and then introduced herself.

"Muramasa, Akane. Pleased to meet you."

It was strange though, a teenage-looking boy entered the bar. He was obviously too young to drink, so Akane assumed he was here for the meeting. Interestingly, the young man made his way toward the drunken Aisu clan members. They paid him no mind as he did hand seals. They probably didn't even notice. They were drunk, after all. Then he placed his hands on their shoulders. He mumbled a few words she to them and nodded his head in Akane and Hideki's direction. She couldn't actually make it out what he said, but suddenly the singing stopped. Well then.

The singing never started back up. Rather, the Aisu drunks got up and left. The bartender spoke just loud enough for everyone to hear. "I appreciate that young man." He laughed. "Can't stand those guys." With that, he turned his back and began washing some mugs. His father had still not returned.

The young boy from earlier hung his coat on the door to the bar before making his way towards the two of them. He pulled up a stool and sat, introducing himself. She told the newcomer her name in return. "Muramasa, Akane." She paused for a moment. Apparently she was to be the first to speak. That was fine, she'd arranged for the meeting in the first place. It made sense.

"Well, today has a double purpose. First things first, we're supposed to be better acquainting ourselves with the other divisions. I'm being promoted tomorrow to head of the Hunter Division and so I had a contact of mine arrange for the two of you to be pulled from your work." She paused for another brief moment before she continued. "My apologies for that, by the way. I understand your work is very important to you. But I do want to get to know the Heads of the Interrogation unit as well as the Research team on a personal level, before I work with them." She looked back and forth between the two of them.

"That being said, I have some plans that one or both of you might enjoy helping me with. They involve re-utilizing the corpses of those that information has been extracted from, as well as modifying their bodies. Or just the corpses of those from...experiments."

She waited for their reactions before speaking any more.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:30 pm

He had heard rumors, of course, of the new head of the Torture and Interrogation Department, however Hideki had disregarded them. A teenager heading up an entire division of one of the most elite organizations in Kiri? The very idea was preposterous. And yet here the evidence sat, calmly examining the occupants of the table in much the same manner Hideki was. He wasn't sure if he liked that or not. And of course, the subtle Genjutsu was another point he was unsure on whether he agreed or disagreed with. Not on any sort of moral basis, it was simply the method in which had he gone about it. It was incredibly similar to how Hideki himself would have dealt with the situation. … He had a feeling that the three department heads were a lot more alike that he would have first assumed.

Adjusting his position just slightly so the light in the bar reflected off his glasses in a way that would make it hard to look directly into his eyes, Hideki nodded his in response to the introductions. "Hirohito, Hideki." There was no reason to speak further. One of the others had organized this meeting, and he fully intended to make them speak. Thankfully, he didn't have to wait long. There was only a brief second of the awkward silence before Akane was chatting away.

As he listened, Hideki made sure to school his features to reflect nothing of his emotions. From the way Maigo had first analyzed them, he had no intention of giving away more than what was necessary. They may all work for the same organization but that didn't mean he trusted either of them in the slightest. He had absolutely no doubt that they most likely felt the same way about him. With the possible exception of Akane. All the people he had met from the Head Hunter Division, a total of two including himself, had been cold and rather aloof. Or in Karagata's case, sarcastic to the point of annoyance. The fact that Akane seemed almost, well friendly for want of a better word, was somewhat unsettling.

Of course. The soon to be head of the Hunt and Disposal department didn't summon two other department heads simply to introduce herself. That could have easily been handled in house. She wanted a favor. It didn't matter how interesting it sounded to the medical ninja, it would be a cold day in hell before he admitted that he could actually enjoy being involved in such an experiment. At least she had apologized for interrupting his work. Whether it was sincere or not didn't particularly matter to the scientist, after all he couldn't even remember the last time he had made a sincere apology.

"So…" the doctor started, "you are seeking our services. And what exactly is it you plan to offer in return?"
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:27 am

Maigo shot a glance at the man who was thanking him. The look seemed to say it all 'As if I was doing it for you'. Maigo was not a people person, this was made more and more clear with every passing moment he spent at the table. His attitude about the situation, the way he looked at Akane, and the way he spoke made it clear he was already impatient and wanted this meeting to be over. Yet his body language told a very different story, or rather, no story at all. There was no rush in his breath, or shallowness. No tapping fingers, or twitching muscles, no telling posture, no, Maigo's appearance told you absolutely nothing about him. Which in turn, said only one thing, Maigo had been made squad leader for a reason. His age said nothing of his skill, and he had rose to the top through his own effort, not the help of others.

"It's fantastic to hear that they got a new squad leader for each squad, and already the hunting division is distracting us from our work.", Maigo shot quickly. Oh yeah, he did not want to be here. He didn't like Akane, he had already determined that. She was supposed to be a professional, right? The newest squad leader? Why was she taking his time, away from his work, when she needed to be doing her work? "If you're here to ask a favor of us, let us hear it. We were all named squad leaders for a reason, I'm sure we're all very proficient in our jobs, and that's all we really need to know about each other.", he spoke after Hideki.

He motioned his head at the medic, and nodded, "So yes. Lets get to the point, what are you offering us, and what do you want from us?". Yes, he didn't like Akane, did she really want to get to know them? Or was she just saying that as a way to open into asking the favor? And really, what favor could she ask of them that would be worth their while? Maigo had no relationship with her beyond his professional one. This displeased him, he didn't want to have to interact with Akane more than necessary, well with anyone, really. He had many responsibilities, and all of them had to do with keeping people alive, and extracting information from them.

Akane did nothing but hunt and kill. Hideki dissected. Maigo's job held so much more pressure than theirs, so much more was required for his. Yes, he had no interest in working with people that would never understand his job.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold