[Graded]Let's be Bad Guys

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Ren rarely felt the need for a drink. But having not heard from Tenshi for a few days had taken a toll on the girl, a thing which had surprised even her. And so here she was, in the Bloodriver Bar, sitting in a dark corner, observing those around her. Her hood was up, her eyes almost seeming to glisten from underneath it. Airi was behind Ren's neck, cold against the flesh but hidden from view. Even Kazuki was under the table, only visible if someone bent down or was on the floor and happened to look up to see his yellow eyes shining at them.

She made a single motion to the bartender, having told him before that if he didn't notice her wave she could always just throw a kunai in his direction. He came with a second small bottle of warm sake and placed it in front of her, pouring her a single before walking away again. During her time with Tenshi, Ren had come to build up her tolerance, and so as she sipped at the first drink of her second small bottle, she was only just starting to feel the effects.
CharactersShow
Masami Ren16ChuninKirigakure No SatoAiri , KazukiThe Blood Ritual
Shoshiki Hikari16GeninIwagakure No SatoN/ASplintered Glass
Hyuuga Ami19JouninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A
Kouseki Hitomi20JouninSunagakure No SatoN/AN/A
Satomi Mio18D Rank SamuraiFrost CountryN/AN/A

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:17 pm

The evening was cool, the damp mist cooling the back of Hideki's throat with each breath he took. It wasn't often that he left the confines of his office or laboratory, but it was technically a nice night out. The combination of that and the fact that he had no active experiments going on at the moment gave the scientist a rare break for a few hours. He had simply been wandering aimlessly about the village, musing over the next stages of his experiment with the cool night air helping him think, and had wound up in one of the places he had procured most of his unwilling test subjects over the years.

Bloodriver Bar.

With a slight shrug, Hideki stepped through the threshold and into the cesspit of human life. The bar was rather alive this evening, filled with people drinking and laughing and even a few particularly terrible singers. Shaking his head, Hideki moved to tuck his hands into his coat pockets and then blinked when they met only open air. He had forgotten for a moment that he had left the coat back in his office tonight. After wearing it at almost all hours of the day, it was strange to be without it. Then again, he supposed it would make it easier to move about this crowd without drawing any unwanted attention.

Making his way up to the bar, rather than waiting to order, Hideki simply plucked a cup of wine from in front of a distracted patron just as it was set down by the bar keep and continued along the way until he was safely in a corner away from the center of the noise. Sometimes he required silence and relaxation to think, other times the buzzing white noise that a bar produced was a sufficient stimuli for his mind. It had been a while since he had tried the latter method, so tonight would serve as an experiment to see if said method was still effective.

In his musing, Hideki failed to notice he had sat directly across from a hooded individual nursing a cup of sake. He blinked a few times and then adjusted his glasses.

"Evening."

Who ever said Hideki couldn't be polite?
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:23 pm

A low growl could be heard from under the table if Hideki had listened hard enough, though it was a sound easily lost on a night such as this. Ren had watched him sit and chuckled lightly when it seemed to dawn on him that she was even there. She set her cup of sake down and reached under the table, her eyes fixed on the stranger as she spoke to Kazuki. "Easy, Kazuki-san. I'll let you know if he does anything stupid." she told the wolf, grinning from within her hood at Hideki.

It wasn't a threat, so much as it was fact. Kazuki was her protector of sorts after all. Naturally a stranger sitting at the table, uninvited, had the wolf's fur standing on end.

The wolf quieted at Ren's touch and Ren brought one hand out from under the table to pick up her sake again and raise it in greeting to Hideki before sipping it. Her other hand remained under the table, on Kazuki's fur. "Evening. I'm Ren." she told him simply. "Pardon my friend under the table, I'm afraid strangers put him on edge."

Airi remained against the back of Ren's neck, still hidden, but the scent of a stranger had not gone amiss.
CharactersShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:35 pm

He had missed the growl but after listening to his new drinking companion address something that was completely out of sight, the scientist leaned back in his chair enough to look under the table without having to actually duck his head underneath. A wolf in these parts? That was rare enough as it was, but an apparently tamed wolf? Fascinating. Then there was its coat, pure black without any kind of pigment differentiation throughout. He would have assumed it was a summon creature, but he couldn't feel an abundant amount of chakra coming from the beast nor a link between it and its owner. So it was just a normal wolf?

How he would love to get it into one of his labs.

Leaning back in to the table as Ren spoke, Hideki leant his elbows against the wood and steepled his fingers under his chin, the cup of wine left forgotten for the moment as he considered what sorts of tests he could run on such a rare specimen.

"Ren. My name is Hideki. And you're… friend… is a rather interesting specimen. How did you come across it?"

He would rather not have to kidnap the beast from this woman, judging from the voice. If there were others like it then perhaps he could procure a beast of his own to subject to his experiments. If not, then, he supposed he would have to come up with a method to kidnap the beast without it leading back to him.

… Was it kidnapping when the thing in question was an animal?
Courtesy of SiaShow

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:44 pm

Ren couldn't help a small smile as Hideki asked of Kazuki. She still kept her hand on the wolf's fur, to make sure he understood there was no threat, but she leaned forward on her elbow a bit as she spoke again. "He found me. I was out in the training grounds in the middle of the night. I managed to injure myself with a sword, and Kazuki here came out of the dark to try and clean the wound for me when I collapsed." She leaned back and glanced under the table at Kazuki before looking at Hideki again. "He's kept a close eye on me ever since."

As she spoke, it seemed Airi had grown wary of hiding as her little ruby head came around Ren's neck, her forked tongue flicking at the air as she caught the stranger's scent and Ren smiled, rolling her eyes without looking down. "And the newcomer is Airi. She's usually satisfied enough sleeping in my hood, but it seems she's getting jealous of the attention Kazuki is getting."
CharactersShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:57 pm

First a wolf and now a snake? What was this woman, a walking menagerie? Perhaps a bird would suddenly fly down off the rafters and land on her shoulder next? With a very subtle shake of his head, he leant back in his chair as he considered her response. So the wolf had found her? She had no way to lead him back to its den to acquire a subject of his own then. That was unfortunate. For Ren and her pet wolf, at least. Unfortunate for Hideki to in the fact that he would need to plan a wolfnapping.

… No, that didn't sound quite right either.

"A snake getting jealous?" Hideki questioned. The very notion was ridiculous to his mind. Snake's didn't have personalities. They had instincts and venom sacs, both of which were only there to be exploited by the superior minds of humans. Not feelings. How utterly repugnant. "Are you sure it isn't simply hungry and can taste the scent of mice of my clothing?"

Hideki worked with mice and rats quite a lot in his experiments. They were far easier to get in large quantities than humans, so it was easier to replace one when he inevitably killed the thing with his concoctions. But just because he worked with the animals, didn't mean he was about to take them with him when he left the lab. He was still slightly confused as to why the animals were even allowed in to the establishment.

That was when he recalled this was Bloodriver Bar and pretty much anything could happen in this place if you had the money. The sight of a wolf and a snake wasn't exactly something worth noting in the usual day to day occurrences that the bartender must have to deal with.
Courtesy of SiaShow

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Ren merely raised an eyebrow as she leaned back, removing her hand from Kazuki's fur to reach up and stroke lightly under Airi's chin, whispering something to the snake before she disappeared into the hood again. "I suppose it could be, but if that were the case, wouldn't she have come out as soon as you sat down? She smelled it then, seeing as I could feel her tongue on the back of my neck as she sampled the air, but only chose now to reveal herself. But who is to say just what possessed her to choose now? I don't read the mind of a snake...." her words trailed off as she noticed a man walking across the room to the bar itself, ordering a drink and a dark look came over her eyes.

Yet she recovered, her look becoming unassuming as she turned her attention back to Hideki, adding the final word to her sentence. "Unfortunately." The change in the air around Ren, her demeanor, as brief as it was had not gone unnoticed by Kazuki. The wolf turned and put his head in Ren's lap briefly before resuming his place, the motion just enough to remind her that he was there.
CharactersShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:30 pm

Hideki bowed his head slightly. "Point."

The bow of his head adjusted his glasses enough that the light in the bar reflected off his glasses, effectively hiding his eyes as he watched Ren. The way she had trailed off mid-sentence had been enough to draw his attention. He eyes snapped around the room, searching for what could have caused such a display, and noted the three different potential suspects. All three had been ordering at the bar when Ren's mood had suddenly changed, which meant they were the tree most likely to have been moving enough to catch her attention. Of the three, two were female and one was male.

It was entirely possible that Ren didn't like one of the women but it was more likely it was the man that had drawn Ren's ire. Interesting. Filing away that piece of information for later, Hideki picked up his cup and saluted it towards Ren as she finished her sentence.

"The ability to read the mind of a snake would be useful. Actually, on second thought, being able to speak to a snake and manipulating it without having to get it acclimated to one's presence would be useful. Reading the mind would simply be… interesting."

With a shrug, he downed half the cup of wine and frowned a little. The quality of the wine was rather poor. Then again, he had simply stolen someone else's order so he had no real basis of complaint except with the taste of the other individuals in the bar.
Courtesy of SiaShow

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:34 pm

Ren chuckled at Hideki's reaction to his own wine, and poured another cup of sake, sliding it over to him as she held up the small bottle in almost a toast before taking a sizeable sip of it. Who needed a cup to drink sake anyway right? She tried to keep from even glancing at the man at the bar, only being annoyed by his presence because she had seen him here before.

The man had tried to get handsy with her more than once, and she'd had to exercise a certain measure of control to keep from reacting violently. In reality, she really wanted to slice his hands off and feed them to Kazuki. She hated his type, those that thought because she was once a slave she must still be property of any who lay eyes on her.

She took a moment instead to appraise the man sitting before her, taking note of the fact that he didn't seem to want her to see his eyes. "So. Tell me about yourself, Hideki-san?" It wasn't a flirt or a come-on like some women might try to use the phrase, it really was a simple question. If she was going to share a table on her quiet night with this stranger... might as well know something about him.
CharactersShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Taking the new cup of sake, he drained a little from the saucer and allowed himself a very small smile as the alcohol washed away the foul lingering taste of the other wine. The motion also served to hide the fact that he was carefully watching Ren. The tension about the woman had increased ever since she had saw what he now could correctly assumed was the man, seeing as he was the only one still left at the bar. Internally he was smirking. Perhaps he could use this man as a method of distraction to successfully kidnap the wolf without alerting Ren?

Then again, perhaps the wolf would simply aid Ren in whatever grievance she had with the man. The animals seemed to have a strange link to the woman. Perhaps it was a side effect of being in the constant presence of chakra? Developing enough chakra of their own to attain a level of consciousness not usually associated with animals. Well, that was for the snake at least. Canines were known to be far more emotional than most other animals. He supposed that emotional level could be present in a wolf just as it typically was in the average household dog.

Sipping at the sake once more, Hideki shrugged. "I am a man of science. No more, no less."

Ren may be a Kirigakure ninja, judging from her chakra levels at least, but there was still no reason to divulge exactly what Hideki was to the village. That information could be considered sensitive and on the off chance that this woman was a spy or there were ears listening in on the bar and thus their conversation, he wasn't above to reveal the fact that he worked for the Head Hunter Division, let alone he was a captain of said division.

He adjusted his glasses once more so that the reflection of light was gone and they were clear glass once again.
Courtesy of SiaShow

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:53 pm

If the man was dumb enough to walk over, Ren would probably command Kazuki to use his 'sorry sausage' technique, if only for her own amusement. At Hideki's comment however she was glad for the distraction and simply nodded. "That would explain your comment about the scent of mice on your clothing. Experiments I assume?" She had to admit, this couldn't be a bad time to learn a bit more about subtle interrogation. Not that she wanted to know Hideki's secrets, but sometimes getting to know someone knew is just as good of interrogation as using needles or poisons. Sometimes it even worked better.

"My appearance probably gives away my specialty." Ren commented, tapping the hilt of one of her swords on one hip with the remark. It wasn't exactly true, now that she had been pulled into the Interrogation unit of the Head Hunter's Division, but it wasn't enough of a lie to be noticeable.
CharactersShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:17 pm

Hideki nodded when Ren had indeed guessed correctly.

"Biological experiments, mostly. While I am capable of working with and developing mechanical devices, I tend to lean towards chemistry and organic sciences these days."

If asked at a later date, Hideki would blame the combination of alcohol and his own desire to actually talk about his work that had led to his blurting out those facts. In truth, he really hadn't had much to drink at all, but at the same time it had been a long while since he had partaken in the consumption of alcohol to his tolerance wasn't exactly at its best. And while there was nothing specific in what he had said, it was still information that could potentially be used against him at some stage. He mentally berated himself before taking a deep breath that he disguised behind his still steepled fingers.

When Ren began talking once more, Hideki's eyes trailed to the sword hilt she had tapped before his eyes started darting about what he could see of the woman. She was young, younger than Hideki at least. Mid to late teens, perhaps? The outfit was revealing but also non-constricting. That, combined with the fact that she was relatively fit given what he could see of her muscle tone, led to the fact that she obviously knew how to use the sword and it wasn't just for show. The movement of patting the sword had also given Hideki a glimpse of her wrist. Fuuinjutsu.

All signs pointed towards a swordsman trained in the ninja arts.

But then there was the confidence. She had simply given away what she specialized in. While it was true that common sense wasn't that common, he doubted that even a ninja was foolish enough to openly show what they specialized in. Then again, he wore a bright white lab coat most of the time so he wasn't one to really talk. Still, the fact remained, was she a future Swordsman of the Mist, or was the appearance part of a greater deception?

With an arch of his eyebrow, Hideki merely gave a tight smile. "One would assume a ninja swordsman in training. Though appearances can be deceiving. This is a ninja's world, after all, and what is a ninja if not a liar?"
Courtesy of SiaShow

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:24 pm

Ren giggled. It was a strange and almost odd sound really, coming from her, simply because it was so rare. With a hand, Ren reached up and pulled her hood back, revealing the rest of her face and hair. She'd kept her hair loose that day, and now it fell back across the hood even as Airi slithered into the hood. "That is indeed true, every ninja should be a liar in one respect or another, even in their subtleties. As such I expect your lies are more in what you do not speak, than what you've spoken. You admit to mice, but this is Kiri after all, I would assume your best pursuits are not in vermin, at least not of that variety." The words flowed almost like honey even as she took another sizeable sip of the sake, holding up the bottle to offer Hideki more should he ask for it.

"If I may be frank, you look more like a well studied man than a shinobi, but I'd have to assume that you're not unable to fend for yourself and taking life is not strange to you, that last bit I'd assume by the way you hide your eyes with the reflection of your glasses. After all, the eyes are the window to the soul, are they not?" She was reading him, and hoping she was right. She was using this opportunity to learn, but she could only learn if Hideki let her know if what she said was true or not.

He could either honestly admit it, or he could let it show in his reaction to her words, she waited for either.
CharactersShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:40 pm

… Fascinating.

He waved off the offer of more sake as he allowed his thoughts to roam. Ren's little speech and following observations had given him far more information about who she truly was than her outward appearance. Although the lowering of the hood did assist in his figuring out exactly why he felt he knew who Ren was. He had seen her before, after all. In the depths of the Head Hunter Division headquarters. He hadn't seen her face but he recognized the hair in combination with the swords and clothes. Ren was one of the newbies in Magio's Unit.

And she was trying to practice information extraction techniques on him. With a slight smirk, Hideki adjusted his glasses once again to cover his eyes with the reflection of the light.

'Well, let's play along, shall we?'

"Assume you are correct. Assume that I am not only an accomplished scholar but also an accomplished killer. What would you do if I were an enemy? You admit that I strike you as a 'well studied' man rather than a shinobi, a polite way of suggesting I am not physically intimidating. How would I go about killing someone? Would I slip into their room in the dead of the night while they were asleep and slit their throat? I am clearly incapable of fighting toe-to-toe with someone else, after all."
Courtesy of SiaShow

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:49 pm

Ren chuckled at his adjustment of his glasses, it was a tell of his, that much she could see. He seemed to do it when he was collecting his thoughts, maybe in this case she truly was correct, or he could be trying to think of another way to deceive, she wasn't entirely sure.

"Assuming I'm correct? If you are indeed as intelligent as I perceive you to be, then I would assume you are far more dangerous than any pure brute I may encounter and even far more dangerous than I could hope to be in the near future. I would assume that you can attack from a distance, maybe elemental ninjutsu, maybe poisons with ranged weapons, maybe even genjutsu. Someone like you, if what I've told you thus far is true, for as we said true ninja are deceivers and liars, then I would have to assume you are the most dangerous type of opponent that I could encounter. After all, what is close-ranged kenjutsu when compared to elemental ninjutsu or genjutsu?

Ren took a moment to sip at her sake once more, taking a breath to gather her thoughts and bring her eyes up to meet the reflection of Hideki's glasses as she appraised the way he sat. He was sure of himself, but there was a mischievous glint in Ren's eyes as well as her own confidence. She was having fun with this little game of theirs so far. She had been planning on drinking alone, but she was finding herself glad for the verbal game with Hideki.

With a sigh she appraised him again. "I wouldn't go so far as to say you'd sneak in and slit someone's throat though. Shedding blood might often be a necessity, but you would dirty your hands with such a task, and cleaning a white coat of blood can be such a pain. After all, I assume that you normally wear such a coat? Given your admitted profession and the way you tried to slip your hands into invisible pockets when you first entered this place."

She loved to people-watch.
CharactersShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Oh she was good.

Taking the bottle, he refilled his cup, and placed it back in the middle of the table rather than closer to Ren. Given her apparent observational skills, Hideki was surprised she had been recruited by Maigo and not Akane. He would have though noticing small things on the other side of a room would have been essential for a Hunter ninja. Then again, noticing subtle tells and expressions also helped in interrogation procedures as well. In fact, the only unit that didn't technically have to deal with the human element of hunting down rogue ninja was his own. Picking up the cup, he took a sip and considered a few things. They could continue with this game until they had figured one another out completely, or they could make things a little more interesting.

"You've obviously got half way decent observational skills and the ability to rationalize human expressions to make deductions about an individual. Tell me, what do you make of the person at the far end of the bar, closest to the door?"

Hideki could only see the individual he mentioned out of the corner of his eye at this angle, but he had read her the second he walked into the bar. Heavy makeup, large coat that was kept on despite being indoors, attempting to conceal something or perhaps entice others into noticing them? There was also the fact that 'she' was actually a man, unless 'she' had swallowed an oversized seed and it had gotten lodged in her throat. The new game was more to move the attention off himself and more onto Ren's own skills of observation. He would also gradually work his way across the bar until he got to the man that had gotten Ren rather tense when she had noticed him earlier. He had to admit, he was curious as to the relationship between the two that could have caused such a reaction in a clearly logical woman.
Courtesy of SiaShow

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Ren had to think, glancing over Hideki's shoulder to get a look at the woman, or the man trying to pass himself off as a woman. "Sometimes the most difficult ones to read are the ones who are trying their hardest to be what they are not. The simplest observation shows a man, not a woman, both in the way he carries his body and the adam's apple. Why he's trying to look like a woman, I'm not sure. The heavy makeup could be a part of that, or could be a poor attempt to hide a recent beating."

Her eyes returned to Hideki's glasses as her mind worked to sort out the details. The best way to figure someone out was to get them talking, reading someone across the room from you was not the ideal way to do it. "The coat could be for either reason as well, to hide a beating, their true gender, or even weapons. Frankly the easiest way to read someone is to get them talking. Body language and the way one talks are vital." With a sigh she noticed the man who had earlier made her uncomfortable had glanced in their direction. "If you are as smart as I give you credit for, you probably noticed the man who entered here, whose very presence made me cringe. It's only fair that I should warn you that if he's stupid enough to approach me, we'll need to make a quick exit. And there will be blood." Her final words about that man held no game, no humor in them at all. She had an obvious seething hatred for the man, after all, saying he'd gotten 'handsy' in the past would be a serious understatement.
CharactersShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:31 pm

So Ren read people through how they spoke and their microexpressions when lying rather than through observational deductions. It was a fair enough method of reading people, though more common than others. And then she went and opened her mouth again, telling him about the man before he got to question her.

… How boring. She had ruined the game.

Well, there went Hideki's entertainment for the evening. He had been looking forward to slowly working his way up to what he was curious about, watching as the woman grew more confident in her answers only to get stumped when he questioned her about him. With a sigh, he adjusted his glasses again and relaxed his posture, sitting back in his chair and bringing the cup of sake with him. While he was curious about the nature of the relationship, he didn't particularly care enough to get involved in a domestic because of the woman. The subtle humor he had been feeling faded and was replaced with the thoughts of his experiments back in the labs that he had come here to think about originally.

"How fascinating." His voice was flat, lacking the expected sarcasm or any other emotion really. "Also, your reasoning was sound about the man, though it was wrong. He is a prostitute. The coat is to cover the lack of clothes he is wearing underneath. Quick and easy sex, probably in an alley behind the bar. Of course, while male prostitutes are a common enough commodity, it is harder to work openly in a bar like this so he dresses as a woman."

Draining the last of the sake in his cup, he dropped it back onto the table and went back to considering the possibilities of experimenting on the wolf. He supposed stealing it was out of the question now, considering he technically worked with Ren. Perhaps he could have eventually combined the wolf with the snake in an attempt to create a chimera. Far more useful than having two separate animals, also increased the intimidation factor.

He had decided on calling it stealing. Pets were considered personal property by law, so he couldn't really kidnap an animal. He could steal one though.
Courtesy of SiaShow

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:50 am

Ren shrugged as she finished off her sake, motioning to the bartender for another bottle. "Well I can't be right every time, and I admit, my mind doesn't jump to sex first off. It's fairly low on the totem pole." She thanked the bartender and paid him when he brought the bottle, and she poured Hideki another cup without asking if he wanted another.

"Your turn then." she told him, nodding towards the man she'd already made clear she hated and wished a violent end to. "What is your assessment?" The man had long dark hair, pulled back in a single ponytail, his hands were heavily scarred though the only weapons on him were a couple of knives. His clothes were fairly dirty, and mud adorned his boots. He stood leaning forward against the bar, staring silently into his own cup when he wasn't looking around at others in the room, his eyes pausing only on the females in the room.
CharactersShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:27 pm

What was this? She was trying to continue their game? Turning his head enough to see just who she had pointed out, Hideki forced back a sigh. No, it wasn't really a continuation of the game. He already knew all he needed to about that man. Well, anything that was once interesting about him was now gone in Hideki's eyes. But, he still had a little while before he needed to get back to the lab. And if he couldn't take Ren's wolf or snake with him, then he could at least prove he was the superior 'people-watcher' as much as he hated that term.

Glancing up and down, the scientists eyes trailed over the more obvious observations and started searching out exploitable weak points. "Rudimentary ninja training, most likely a Genin despite his apparent age. Womanizer, given the way he scans the room. Potential rapist, some of the visible scars look more like scratch marks and he doesn't seem to own a wolf. Possible serial killer? From the slums is the more likely option, he wouldn't have a chance against a decently trained ninja or a nobles bodyguards." Hideki's eyes narrowed as he zoned in on the drink he was nursing. Make that drinks, plural. "Correction, definitely a rapist. Either with some level of medical training to be able to make his own benzodiazepines or enough money to buy them." He turned towards Ren and gave a superior smirk. "That means a tranquilizer, in case you were wondering."

Turning back to the man, he gave him another once over and then turned back to his drink. "All in all, a rather common sight from slums and ultimately not my problem."
Courtesy of SiaShow

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Ren sighed. She could almost feel the man's inherent boredom as she reached back, interlocking her fingers behind her head and appearing to relax. "These are all mostly true. The man never made it past Genin, yes, he's a fisherman. What you've missed is his inspiration. His late wife who was a Jounin when brutally murdered, the charge didn't stick but most believe he was the one who killed her, maybe the start of his spree. He targets specifically ninja women, but obviously this entire thing bores you to death now."

She raised an eyebrow at Hideki as she sat this way, the fuuinjutsu on the undersides of her arms far more visible now. "Tell me, what can you read of me then? Aside from what I've already told you, what clues to my own past have you found? Or are you too bored with all of this to even try?" Appealing to some competitive nature probably wouldn't do any good, but it was a reflex after all. She had a feeling that competition bored this man, after all, competition and games are two very different things.
CharactersShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:02 pm

That kind of deduction came from prior knowledge, not by the state of his clothes or the way he held himself. Which meant that on at least one occasion Ren had either talked to the man directly or at the very least looked into his background. In either case, it didn't matter anymore. Casting his gaze over Ren, he shrugged and gave her his patented emotionless stare. It was the kind of look he gave his subordinates when he grew tired of whatever drivel they were trying to spin to cover up their failures in the lab. Right now he was using it as a method to tell Ren that he wasn't impressed by her ruining the game.

"I already know everything I need to know about you, Masami Ren."

With that, he stood up from his chair and drained the last of the sake in his cup, dropping it back to the table for a final time as he prepared to make his way back to the office. He gave a look to the underside of the table, wishing he could take the wolf with him, but decided against it. Slipping his hands into his pockets, Hideki gave Ren a nod.

"I will see you at work, Masami."

With that final little jab at the woman, Hideki turned and ducked through the crowd. He passed the man they had been discussing and considered slipping a little something into his own drink but decided against it. The only poison he had on his person at the moment was an old one, something he knew for a fact worked and didn't need field testing. If he had something new to try out, he just might have.

Oh well.
Courtesy of SiaShow

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:09 pm

Ren made a face as he left. There went her entertainment, that was someone that was simply too simple to figure out, and obviously she'd done something to bore him. With a sigh she downed what was left of her sake, hoping most of it wouldn't kick in until she got home, and got up, motioning for Kazuki to follow.

She hoped that one idiot wasn't going to follow her, but if he did, at least there'd be one less rapist in this area after tonight. If he followed, they'd find his corpse in the morning.
CharactersShow

Return to “Bloodriver Bar”