[Closed] Masks

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

[Closed] Masks

Post by Willoria » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:08 am

Yuri hadn't been to the Bloodriver Bar since her encounter with Karagata Shiv. It wasn't long after that that things with Aimi had gone sour too, leaving the woman constantly feeling on edge. She had surprised even herself that she had spent so long away from her old games, perhaps just feeling sorry for herself in a way. But after a time she came to realize that she needed to get back to her work, and as an assassin that often used the carnal arts of seduction on a target, that meant having a bit of fun. She chose to start out at the Bloodriver Bar simply for a couple of drinks, honestly it was rare she found a man there deserving of her attention, but stranger things had happened, right?

Her outfit had changed in recent days, and she embraced it. She loved it so much more than the hefty skirts she wore before, and found this garnered much more attention. As she walked into the bar she found only a few eyes on her, it was only just getting into their normal hours and so people were still filtering in here and there, and no one was drunk enough yet to try and attack Yuri at least so she made it to the bar itself unhindered.

"Whiskey, double, on the rocks." She turned and rest her back against the bar as she looked out over the building crowd, eyes searching to see if she'd get lucky and see anyone who caught her interest that night. It was a full moon out, a good night for 'practicing' her work after all.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Missing-Nin

[Closed] Masks

Post by Missing-Nin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:57 am

Standing outside the bars' entrance Kanzo took in the familiarity of the scene. In his youth he'd frequent this spot as he often found many of his customers lurking within the area. That was nearly a decade ago and since then his busy schedule didn't allow for much time off but tonight he couldn't keep away - he was feeling a bit thirsty in more ways than one.

Having not actually planned to go out tonight he had left most of his pocket change at home however this wasn't an issue. On his way to the bar he made a stop by one of the many dead drops meant for his suppliers and took what he needed. Stuffed within one of the inner coat pockets of his jacket was multiple vials of processed opium cut with various stimulating herbs. Really it was a cocktail for death to those who didn't know their limits. However, the scum around here didn't seem to mind as they couldn't keep their hands off it. Its recreational value was notorious in these parts.

'Finally hes here, why are they always late..'

A group of hoodlums approached the Hirohito with their ringleader greeting the man warmly. They exchanged words for a moment before shaking the man's hand and taking their leave.
SpoilerShow
[Discreet Business]
E-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Kanzo has trained himself to be extra careful when giving or receiving items. A must-have for any aspiring drug dealer and the like; Kanzo hands off objects with guile. Usually in the form of a handshake or similar movements Kanzo will exchange items with the target while maintaining the outward appearance of the chosen interaction.
Fingering the newfound coin in his pocket he counted the money by touch alone. Satisfied with the count he swiftly made his way into the den of iniquity commonly known as the Bloodriver Bar.

Entering the room a wave of nostalgia washed over him. The stench of stale alcohol and some poor chumps vomit wafted across him. This quickly passed as the aroma of whatever 'heart-attack-on-a-plate' the kitchen was cooking took hold of his senses. Scanning over the room he made a quick headcount and it would seem the place was just starting to fill up. Good. This way he wouldn't have to fight his way through to the bar.

Just as he was finishing his once-over a certain vixen caught his eye. Her choice of attire was a dead giveaway, she obviously wasn't a part of the common rabble that was accustom to the joint. Definitely not merchant caste as she was part of the military - not many people felt the need to wear a face mask and those who did were often interesting characters. He would know as he was one of those interesting characters.

Taking a seat adjacent to the woman he quickly summoned the barkeep, Enryuu Soseki.

"Whiskey, neat." His attention turned away as his drink was served, looking to his left towards the girl whom caught his eye. On a quick glance he noticed the womans' Hirohito ring among other things. Kanzos' gaze was interrupted as a drink was slid his way.

'I knew it, so it is her..'

"You know what Enryuu, bring me the bottle," He spoke while facing the young lady. Arching a single brow the jounin began, "Well if it isn't Shi no Tenshi herself," his tone was brimming with confidence while his eyes conveyed a devil-may-care attitude.

"What brings a woman of your talents' here?" Of course he already knew the answer to the question, he just wanted to hear the girl say it. It wasn't often he found someone worthy of his attention however this was no ordinary kunoichi.

As he awaited her response he reached across to his drink while he carefully used his free hand to tug his half-mask down to his neck, freeing his handsome face from its silky confines. All while lookin' her way he sipped his drink. 'I guess I picked the right night to head out for some fun.'
CharacterRankVillageOrganizationMissions
Hirohito, KanzoJouninKirigakure no SatoKaragata Crime SyndicateS:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Karugata, IsamuD-RankKirigakure no SatoKaragata Crime SyndicateS:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Kanzo Text ColorShow
Kanzo text color:

Code: Select all

[color=#80A0FF][/color]

Willoria

[Closed] Masks

Post by Willoria » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:13 am

Yuri frowned at the selection in the bar so far tonight. Most of them seemed like the usual rabble of drunks, at least until he came in. She knew Kanzo by sight, just as she would recognize Hideki by sight and any other Hirohito of note. As a member of the tertiary family, Yuri had made it her business years ago to know as many members of the main family by name, reputation, and appearance. In her younger days it had been difficult. But as she had learned more how to exploit her own targets, she had managed to find ways to know those members of the family much better as well. The same tricks she learned to remember details about targets were applied to them, after all, what were fellow shinobi in Kiri if not potential targets of one kind or another.

Yet she didn't let her eyes linger on him, instead giving the room another scan before she turned to face the bar again to see her drink was waiting for her. She picked it up and took a sip, only keeping her mask down briefly, resisting the urge to grimace at the taste of it. Honestly it was her first time trying it, and so far she didn't like it much, but she wasn't going to let that show. Rather she drank it as if it didn't even bother her, turning as she heard Kanzo's voice addressing her. She had to keep that smile from slipping onto her face, after all, given the way she had clawed her way into notoriety despite her 'birth' and family, it always overjoyed her to hear her nickname spoken by a member of the main family. Unlike Hideki this time it didn't sound like it was spoken with some kind of revulsion. Though she had learned a long time ago that was only how Hideki addressed everyone, it had nothing to do with her name.

But she wasn't going to let that happiness show. After all, she never gave up the game quite that easily. Drink still lingering in her hand she turned her head slowly to look at Kanzo even as he pulled his own mask down to take a sip of his own. "Leading with the nickname instead of the born name." She remarked as she regarded him a moment. "Usually that means a man is either trying to impress me with his knowledge of me, or a member of main family trying to pretend my name isn't what it is." She couldn't help the smirk of course, that slipped out unbidden as she spoke.

Yet as he asked what had brought her there, she finally pulled her own mask down and left it down, revealing her own surprisingly flawless face, bereft of scarring despite her profession, and turned to lean her back against the bar again. One arm crossed over her chest, the other holding the drink still, while her blue eyes remained fixed on Kanzo. "Practice brings me here." She said, still smirking. "The night has yet to tell me if it's to be blood or the carnal yet."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Missing-Nin

[Closed] Masks

Post by Missing-Nin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:32 am

Kanzo embraced the warming sensation that seemed to start from his cheeks and work its way down. He missed the whiskey here - it always hit him just the right way. Still looking to the girl he couldn't help but keep his eyes' dialed in on the vibrant blues' of her own. 'Always something about a woman with blue eyes that seemed so captivating.. almost as if you could see behind the veil and into the rolling sea of emotion beyond.'

After another hearty swig from his drink he set it back down on the bar. Seeing her revealed face brought upon a sort of reciprocal response as his expression curled into his own signature smirk.

"With teeth like that I'd say you were due for both blood an' carnal," he jested.

'Shes probably a biter.. its a good thing I can heal faster than mostly everybody.'

It was becoming increasingly obvious what the two shinobi came looking for in the forsaken tavern - however, not unlike his Hirehito counterpart, Kanzo had a deep love for the game as well.

Breaking eye contact momentarily he mimicked her body language and leaned his back against the bar as to face the growing crowd. Taking in the scene he glanced back to the girl, "You know," his smirk still firmly planted upon his face, "Something tells me a gorgeous young lady such as yourself doesn't need much 'practice' anymore."

Reaching behind him over his shoulder he grabbed his drink with perfect precision while not once looking back to guide his hands. It was as if he had already memorized the place within his mind.

"No," the jounin sipped his drink, "You an' I are no different from the rest of this lot." Using both of his hands he gestured towards the increasingly-filling room full of people.

"We came to have a bit of honest fun."

'Which highly depended on ones own definition of fun.. scoring some coin and a good lay for me,' Kanzos' internal monologue seemed to amuse him in his buzzed state as he chuckled at his own thoughts.

"Unless of course," he used his head to motion towards a lonely man sulking by his drink in a corner booth, "You came to lick some wounds.."

Kanzo looked left to right, mostly out of habit, to check if the coast was clear before reaching into his inner coat and retrieving from it his most prized product. Flashing the vial he finished, "In which case I got you covered too."
Hirohito, KanzoJouninKirigakure no SatoKaragata Crime SyndicateS:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Karugata, IsamuD-RankKirigakure no SatoKaragata Crime SyndicateS:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Kanzo Text ColorShow
Kanzo text color:

[color=#80A0FF][/color]

Willoria

[Closed] Masks

Post by Willoria » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:13 pm

Yuri outright grinned as he referred to her teeth, unintentionally baring them as she did so. "Most men shy away from the teeth, they fear I might just tear it right off..." Her grin settled back to a smirk as she looked back at Kanzo however. "They seem to forget, some things are so much less fun without that part." she added with a wink. She didn't usually make jokes like this at someone she was interested in bedding, after all she wasn't exaggerating. Once glimpse of her teeth and she usually had to find a way to convince them that their manhood wasn't in danger, often by reminding them she wanted those parts in the right places as badly as they did... usually.

Yet already she could see Kanzo was not so sensitive a target. Perhaps due to the nature of his work, she wasn't certain. She turned her eyes back to the growing crowd as the noise level of the bar began to grow, and watched Kanzo out of the corner of her eye as she saw him move to mimic the way she sat against the bar. "Need practice?" she asked as he brought it up, and she lifted her drink to her lips before shaking her head. "Not at all. But practice is always fun..." she added, turning to look at him with an obvious thought on her mind.

Yet as he spoke of the others in the bar the woman simply raised an eyebrow, watching as he motioned to the drunk and she wrinkled up her nose. She could smell the man from here after all, and that was just gross. But then he revealed the vial in his hand and she had to resist the urge to snort at his suggestion. "If you really know who I am, you know that's hardly my game." She replied rather bluntly before her eyes went back to the crowd. 'Tell me he wasn't just trying to peddle that at me... this is going to be an annoying night indeed if I can't get bent over a table before the night's out.' she thought to herself with a sigh.

But then she saw a familiar form. A scantily clad woman with brown hair who was leaning over a man playing cards, and Yuri pushed off the bar as she stood upright, watching the woman, almost in the way a cat watches its prey. Yuri didn't seem to waste much time, interrupting her own conversation to simply walk away and towards the woman who didn't seem to even notice her, at least not until it was too late.

Yuri grabbed a handful of her hair and pulled her back against as the woman shrieked in surprise. "Remember me, dearie?" Yuri asked with a wicked grin on her face. The other woman's eyes went wide, she was unarmed today and both hands were back on the one that held her hair. The look was enough for Yuri to know she recognized her, which meant she didn't need to remind her of the offense. "It's okay." she cooed all too sweetly. "I just want a kiss." She released the other woman's hair and watched as she seemed confused, but in the end seemed to think all was well and she stepped forward into Yuri's arms for a kiss.

One of Yuri's hands rest on the back of the woman's head, the other on a hip, and at first there were cat calls through the bar as the two kissed, but all that was soon interrupted by shrieks of pain and terror as the woman struggled against Yuri, and the assassin herself suddenly stepped back and shoved the girl down in a spray of blood, grinning at the amount of it that ran down her chin.

She had bitten out the other woman's tongue, and spit the offensive appendage on the table before simply walking away, and back towards Kanzo.

Missing-Nin

[Closed] Masks

Post by Missing-Nin » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:28 pm

Kanzo swiftly deposited the vial back into the pocket it came out of, 'I do not really know who you are which is exactly why we are playing this game,' he thought.

He let out a deep sigh as his nostrils flared a bit before sinking back into his drink. Taking two large gulps he killed it off. Wildly swinging his arms back he reached for the bottle. As he leaned to pour his drink he hesitated a moment doing a double take at his empty glass and back to the whiskey. With a shrug he tossed the glass over his shoulder as he opted to take a swig straight from the bottle. Slamming the whiskey back down on the counter he wiped the lingering liquor from his lips.

Suddenly his attention was whisked away as his feline-esque friend went on the prowl. Just as he was feeling a bit down at the prospect of losing a potential sale - excitement filled the room. Kanzo watched with a drunken expression beginning to take hold.

'It seems as though the nights entertainment came early,' The jounin thought to himself as he was thoroughly amused by the unfolding scene.

Another swig. Gulp.

"Whats the matter sweety," Kanzo hollered to the bar wench, "Cat got your tongue?" He let out a hearty chuckle as he laughed at his own joke.

'Definitely a biter..'

Stretching his arms back in a pseudo yawn Kanzo carefully observed Yuri as she walked back towards him, starting from the bottom-up. His wandering gaze finally returning to her eyes.

"Well," he began in his usual cocksure voice, "How'd she taste?"

Kanzo Text ColorShow
Kanzo text color:

[color=#80A0FF][/color]

Willoria

[Closed] Masks

Post by Willoria » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:57 pm

She could still hear the screams behind her. The girl cried out in pain, she didn't even have to look back to know someone was helping her up and out of the bar. But things like this? They weren't uncommon in the Bloodriver Bar, it was certainly a bit early in the night for it, but this kind of violence was exactly what Yuri had been looking for. An assassin and a swordswoman, she had a certain level of bloodlust, and as she walked back towards Kanzo she had a wide grin on her face and a melodic laugh falling from her blood-stained lips. As she drew closer and he asked his question of how the girl had 'tasted'... of course a woman like Yuri had only one answer. "You really want to know?" she asked.

She hardly waited for a response as she stepped close to him, leaving almost no space between them as she rolled up on the tips of her toes and kissed him, at first teasing with a peck on on the lips and a giggle of a taunt as her hands came up behind his head and pulled his lips down to meet hers for a much deeper kiss. Blood would spread from her lips to his, and as she had intended, the copper-taste of it would hit his tongue as well before she bothered to remove her lips from the man.

Yet still she'd grin up at him. "You tell me." she said, reaching for the whiskey bottle he still held before taking a swig of it for herself. "Drugs... blood... drink... tell me, what other games do you enjoy?"

Return to “Bloodriver Bar”