Just another day of training

TyDie
Kazekage
Kazekage

Post by TyDie » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:56 pm

As one made their way through the underground tunnels of Iwagakure, nearing the man's usual training area, the 'Woosh' sounds of his weapon could be heard as clear as day. And once someone was in the subterranean cavern, the echoes of Jinsai's movements reverberating off of the walls would make quite clear that the man was in the midst of an intense training session. His labored breathing and grunts of effort could only barely be heard over the spinning of his metal sansetsukon, it's lightning fast movements displacing the air with each powerful movement. In his mind, Jinsai was surrounded by opponents, and so the twirling of his sansetsukon was the only thing keeping him safe from utter destruction.

Every shift and spin was intentional, not an ounce of energy was wasted, as the man fended off phantom opponents with ease. His staff was always in just the right position for a block, or a parry, or a strike. He'd bat away one opponent's attack, shift himself out of the way of another, deliver a swift kick to a third enemy, then whip the staff hard against what he envisioned to be his enemy's skull. In reality, it was a rock, and the rock shattered at the impact of Jinsai's weapon. He stood shirtless in the cave, sweat glistening off of his tight form, his lean frame containing dense muscle as rigid and hard as the very rocks he was shattering with his staff.

So focused on his imagined combat was he that he likely wouldn't have noticed anyone arriving in the cavern with him.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Sunagakure No SatoHenrin KiyoriKazekage[color=gold][/color]
Iwagakure no SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaGenin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuGenin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Kumogakure no SatoJinrai ShizuneSpecial Jounin[color=#de2c9b][/color]

Aes Sedai

Post by Aes Sedai » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:55 pm

Ume leaned against the wall of the cave, crossing her arms in silence as she watched the man train. It was the first time she had seen him without his multiple layers of clothing and honestly he didn't look at all how she had expected. She knew he fought with a great deal of taijutsu of course, and had expected a fairly muscular build, but truth be told she hadn't expected quite a detailed build simply because of his age. Even among shinobi, men his age started to let their form and disciplines go, many started to think of retirement and spent less time training. As she stood there watching she could plainly see this wasn't the case for him. No this man spent time daily training and it certainly showed.

She had been watching him in silence for quite some time honestly, debating how to break the quiet as she came to realize he wasn't just going to notice her on his own. No he was far too focused on his training to actually notice her standing there. That simply wasn't going to happen. Silently taking one of her push daggers in hand she let it fly with a flick of her wrist at his weapon, aiming to knock a part of it away from him entirely. Fighting unseen enemies meant not expecting actual resistance, the movement alone would be enough to knock him out of his focus, she knew that much. Even if it had no real effect.

"I should have brought popcorn for such a show."
Karugata Asami ~ Kirigakure No Sato ~ Jounin ~ Seven Swordsmen of the Mist ~ #28C4D8
Senkensha Mika ~ Frost Country ~ D Rank Minor Country ~ Kaijuku ~ #E87FC9
Inuzuka Minako ~ Konohagakure No Sato ~ Jounin ~ ANBU ~ #87DDD1
Akari Ume ~ Iwagakure No Sato ~ Special Jounin ~ #006D75 ~ #BAE860
Meiyo Souta ~ Sunagakure No Sato ~ Bannin ~ #AF1E2D
Arashiyama Etsuko ~ Kumogakure No Sato ~ Jounin ~ #F99B0C

TyDie
Kazekage
Kazekage

Post by TyDie » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:11 pm

As Jinsai was twirling the edges of his sansetsukon, preparing an earth shattering strike, his rhythm was suddenly interrupted by an additional, unexpected force applied to the right end of his staff, sending it off course from the spin he was controlling. This caused it to shift enough that it would have caught him in the back of the head, had he not tilted his head to the left enough to avoid the rotating bar of steel, before pressing the button on the middle section of his staff to bring the other ends together with the middle section. This would turn it from a three sectioned staff, to a regular quarterstaff, which he would then plant in the dirt as he looked down at the ground to the source of interruption; a push dagger. One he recognized almost immediately, as he reached down to grab it and turned to the source of a sudden female voice.

"Haa... I wasn't... expecting company." Suddenly, he felt a little awkward in his partial nudity, as if she was eyeing him like a piece of meat. However, he was still too sweaty to go putting on his nice clothing, and so he'd simply find a low rock and sit on it while he waited for his body to cool down. He'd also toss the push dagger back to it's owner, flipping it through the air as opposed to throwing it like an actual weapon. As he sat, he moved some of his hair out from in front of his face, flicking a few beads of sweat away as he did so. "Well... I would assume you didn't come just to watch me train, but your reference to it as a 'show' has me second guessing that. To what do I owe the pleasure, Ume?" Jinsai's discomfort at being ogled wasn't too noticeable, but Ume might pick up on it if she tried to. His staff rested against the same rock he sat on, while he panted slightly as his body returned to it's normal condition.
Active Characters
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuGenin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]

Aes Sedai

Post by Aes Sedai » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:26 pm

Ume caught her dagger rather easily as it was tossed back to her and put it away, smirking a bit as Jinsai spoke. Of course she could tell she had embarrassed him, she knew him well enough by now. "Well I was going to train, but then I saw you here and thought I'd just watch you for a bit... gotta say, there was more to watch than I thought." she admitted, stepping towards him with that smirk still firmly placed. She watched him as she approached, knowing this would bother him and perhaps even get him to turn away. "There are a few skills I need to brush up on, but temptation got the better of me. Most men your age are thinking about retirement and that's reflected in their bodies, but not you. You really are the career shinobi until you die fighting type aren't you?" she remarked. As she got close she'd start to circle around him, and around the rock.

One when she was certain she was out of his sight would her hands move into seals at all.

When she came around again she'd reach a hand down to his shoulder, still smirking. "Now I got more than one reason to hope you'll help me train." she said with a bit of a giggle, leaning down to kiss him on the cheek.
Jutsu UsedShow
[Nise No Ai • Infatuation]
C-Ranked Status Genjutsu
Prerequisite: Touch Initiation Concentration
After forming the appropriate hand seals, the user triggers the genjutsu by kissing the target. This triggers an infatuation with the user that can last for up to five posts, causing them to do anything they might do for someone they are in love with.
Karugata Asami ~ Kirigakure No Sato ~ Jounin ~ Seven Swordsmen of the Mist ~ #28C4D8

TyDie
Kazekage
Kazekage

Post by TyDie » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:03 pm

Jinsai was by no means a weak man. He had faced great enemies, participated in death defying missions, and always come out on top. But gods above, this woman knew exactly how to get under his skin and make him uncomfortable. She circled him like a lioness about to pounce, all the while talking about his physique in comparison to his age. And so uncomfortable was he that his neck was practically locked in place as she moved. "Well... Minus the dying part, yes. I have no intention of retirement, until I can no longer fight that is. And i'm not even 40 yet, what do you mean 'most men my age'? I still have plenty of time left to-"

The man was cut off mid sentence, as she smirked at him, mentioned him helping her train, and kissed him on the cheek. And then, all at once, something overcame him... Suddenly, he went from uncomfortable, to relaxed. And from relaxed, to lusting. his eyes filled with desire as she pulled away, his heart began to race even though it had only just started to slow down from his training. His pupils dilated slightly, his breathing quickened, his mouth dried a bit; all telltale signs of his newfound interest in Ume. "A-as you wish. I'd be happy to teach you... anything..." He found his mind filled with thoughts and feelings that he was unable to reign in, his body stirred with uncontrollable urges, and all of the things Ume had done to make him feel awkward now had a very, very different effect on him.

This was Genjutsu. The woman had used Genjutsu on him.

"You... really need to release me from this Ume. You don't know what kind of... person I am when I feel this way." He spoke in a sort of 'growl', under his breath, as though he were fighting something primal within. He was in control of his body, and he knew that no matter how far he went he couldn't bring himself to hurt the woman... But hurting her wasn't what his mind wanted.
Active Characters

Aes Sedai

Post by Aes Sedai » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:15 pm

Ume smirked still as she circled around in front of him after the kiss, raising an eyebrow as she watched him react. His body language changed entirely, even his voice. She couldn't help chuckling as he spoke. "You're helping me learn already." she remarked as she watched him. "So for now.... just stay put." she told him as she observed him. "You're aware, but I take it you can't kai... interesting. I'll need to work on that, you shouldn't be so aware, it should feel natural. But it is a jutsu of my own making for my assassinations, makes sense I'd fumble it at least once..."

She sighed, crossing her arms under her chest and tilting a hip to one side as she thought about it and watched him, rolling her eyes at his caution. "Please, you can't be any worse than an Akari going for my shiin, I think I'll be fine." She looked at him a moment and shook her head a bit. "Maybe I should focus on Iijutsu though. I need to work my way to Mystical Palm. Though I do have gen to work on as well, but judging by your face I don't think you like my gen much. I'll have to find a more willing test subject."

The smirk had quickly returned. "An assassin needs a more willing test subject after all."

TyDie
Kazekage
Kazekage

Post by TyDie » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:08 pm

The Fukusha man was downright embarrassed by the thoughts running through his head, the things he wanted to do to Ume being awakened by the genjutsu she had cast on him. And a part of him had to wonder how much of this was the result of the genjutsu... and how much of it was already in his head, and simply tapped into by the genjutsu? Either way, he was growing desperate, and he didn't want Ume to see him like that. As a last ditch effort, power coursed through his body as his stormy blue eyes turned purple, the Shogo Zumi manifesting in all it's splendor. And then, with a hard "SLAP" of his hands together in the Ram seal, Jinsai purged his tenketsu as best he could... and it worked. Once more, he was able to render control over his emotions, and the amorous feelings he held towards Ume had gone... mostly.

"Yes... You can plainly tell I am not willing in that regard." His eyes bored holes into Ume as he regained his composure, his feeling of love being replaced with a feeling of anger. The woman would be able to see the same fire in his eyes that she had seen as he fought his imaginary assailants, a fury that burned deep within Jinsai that few ever got to see. "If you'd like to practice other forms of genjutsu I'm more than happy to assist you, but please... nothing like that. I don't want you to see me like that, Ume. I..." He paused for a moment, thinking if it was really a good idea to delve deeper into this topic... deeper into who he was and what he liked. "...No, it's best not to go into that."

He shook his head once more and stood from the rock, standing a few inches over her, and let out a sigh. "Still, forgive and forget. No sense dwelling on it. Would you still like to train with me, Ume?"
Active Characters

Aes Sedai

Post by Aes Sedai » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:25 pm

Ume chuckled at Jinsai's discomfort, rolling her eyes at his theatrics and waving a hand dismissively at his concerns. At least outwardly. Mentally she took note of his body language, of the way he had spoken to her, and every aspect of it. Granted she had little in the way of experience with men but she had enough to know what infatuation normally looked like, and this wasn't that. It was almost as if for Jinsai it was the difference between being man than beast, and it was information she temporarily tucked away in case it were ever important to know at another time. For now, it didn't matter at all. And for now, it was all the more important for him to think it would never matter to her, nor ever be remembered in the future. "Oh please, I'm not a virgin, Jin. You can stop being so worried." she quipped. "I'm an assassin, some things I have to be willing to do to get close to a target anyway. And I wasn't planning on jumping you under a gen either. I meant you being willing to be gen'd for my practice, not humped. Sheesh, relax a bit." she rolled her eyes emphatically and sighed.

"Maybe instead we should visit the teahouse or the onsen so you can relax a bit. You look like I just tried to shove you off a cliff." she added, shaking her head as she motioned towards the exit for this particular cavern. "I know a good teahouse I think you'd actually like if you want to start there."

TyDie
Kazekage
Kazekage

Post by TyDie » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:42 pm

Jinsai let out a sigh as he wiped the last bit of sweat off of his brow, his purple eyes staring at Ume as she made her mention of previous acts of the carnal variety. "I realize that, Ume. You've told me as much already when we were talking about your ex. But there's... more to it than that. At least in my case." His deep seated emotions tended to show themselves during baser actions, and it was something he didn't relish the thought of sharing with Ume. He didn't want to scare her with that side of himself. "I'm happy to help you with your Genjutsu training. Just... nothing like that, please. That's all I ask." He reached for his shirt staff holster and let out a sigh, putting his clothing back on and grabbing his staff before folding it up and placing it back within his holster.

"I'm still interested in training if you like, but a good cup of tea would be nice as well. A little relaxation would be welcome... I don't do that very often, if i'm being honest." He'd leave the decision up to her, though he had to admit an onsen sounded tempting.
Active Characters

Aes Sedai

Post by Aes Sedai » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:42 am

Ume looked at Jinsai a moment, shaking her head as he continued talking about his reaction to her genjutsu. It was more information she filed away but didn't outwardly acknowledge. Instead she seemed to focus on his eyes as he moved around, and she shifted to stand in front of him. She suddenly blocked his path and even reached up a hand to cup his chin to get him to look down at her. "You know, you keep showing off those eyes of yours." she remarked. "You always do this, or just trying to match the color of mine?" she teased, chuckling as she turned back towards the cavern entrance.

"Well if you're going to relax I think the tea would be a better option over the onsen." she said, before looking over her shoulder at him and grinning again. "Best onsen I know is co-ed, and somehow I doubt you'll relax if you have to try and hold a conversation with me while naked." She purposely kept her phrasing vague enough that he might not know if she meant her nudity or his, but in truth she meant both. Naturally, she instead led the way out and towards a market area.

It wouldn't take long to find their way to a teahouse that looked like it was carved into the rock. It had beautiful windows and an ornate door, but as the door opened it was clearly a cave. Inside was dark but well lit with lanterns hanging from the ceiling, candles along the walls, and a beautiful serene setting. "Welcome to one of my favorite getaways." Ume admitted as she led the way inside and a waitress greeted them.

"Welcome to Tea Leaf Grotto. Just two?"

TyDie
Kazekage
Kazekage

Post by TyDie » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:55 am

Jinsai looked away from the woman with a slight twinge of embarrassment as she called attention to the Shogo-Zumi. "N-neither... Sometimes it's a reaction to stress. In this case it gave me the power necessary to release myself from your genjutsu." He scratched the back of his head as he finished, then closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. When he reopened his eyes, they had returned to their usual stormy blue. Since she had an idea of where she wanted to go, Jinsai would follow her towards the exit to the cave... then he'd freeze for a moment as she mentioned a co-ed onsen.

"...Yeah. Let's go with the teahouse." Was all he said in response, but it was clear he was struggling with the answer. And not because he was embarrassed of being seen... Still, they made their way through the market area, and came to a beautiful looking hole in the wall - literally. The building was carved into the rock itself, which wasn't typical of most restaurants or tea houses. They usually opted for traditional buildings, as they had a more relaxing ambiance to them, but somehow this place took the oppressive feel of a cavern and made it relaxing. It was an impressive sight to behold.

As they were invited in and sat at a small two person table near one of the windows, Jinsai looked around to take in the sights better. "Wow... this place is impressive. How'd you find such a place?"
Active Characters

Aes Sedai

Post by Aes Sedai » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:59 pm

Ume happily settled into a cushion at a two person table as they were seated. It was clearly something meant for a couple, both cushions being slightly against the wall and facing out towards the service. She looked up as Jinsai inevitably sat down as well and the two were presented with menus. "Honestly for awhile I just felt like I didn't have anywhere to go that wasn't tainted by my relationships and bullshit, so I just started wandering around and stumbled on this place one day. I've been coming here pretty often ever since." she admitted.

"It's kinda become my safe haven... you're the first person I've actually brought here." She looked over the menu a moment before looking to the waitress and ordering herself a hot green tea and a couple of fresh fruit options as well as a few treats and falling quiet to allow Jinsai to order too. "So you pretty much know my life story at this point... why don't you tell me yours?" she asked when the server walked away.

Return to “Iwa”