Chapter 2 begins.

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

Chapter 2 begins.

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Naka strapped on her shoes and tied up her pack. Her parents had told her about a mission that the village had sent for her. Apparently it was something specifically meant for her and her alone. She pleaded to have Reiha come along but was instantly turned down. After a short fit of typical teenage not getting your way, she eventually caved in. Oh well, if this was going to be something that only she was allowed to do then it had damn well be fun. After hearing the specs of the mission though, she hung her head in dread. ”Why would they want me in a medical ward?”

The last thing she strapped on was her ears. After they were securely fastened and ready to go, she gave Reiha a kiss and headed out the door. At least this place wasn’t too far from where she lived.

Once at the complex she simply walked in and checked her ID at the counter. They pointed her in the direction of the lower levels. ”Head down this hall and go down the stairs. Head to the bottom of the stairs and then take the second door on the right. Once you’re through that head to the end of the hall. You’ll know it when you see it.” She nodded in thanks and headed on her marry way.

The stairs were hell. They took forever to climb down. Looking over the edge she saw that she couldn’t see the bottom. ”Fuck it.” Naka jumped over the edge of the railing and proceeded to fall for a good distance before catching the rail once more to swing and slow her fall. Again she let go and continued to fall. After doing this for about three different intervals she landed on the bottom and flickered down the hall.

She came to the door in question and saw another immensely long hallway. ”God dammit, I’m going to bitch slap the kage about these fucking halls.” Once again she flickered to make the adventure shorter. Soon she stood directly in front of a pair of rather ancient looking doors. Gently opening it she shouted in. ”HELLO, ANYONE HERE?!?”

Punslinger

Chapter 2 begins.

Post by Punslinger » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Behind the door, bright white lights peppered the ceiling, illuminating what looked like a very large research area. The center of the room was dominated by a steel operating table, anchored into the floor by several very large bolts. Surrounding it were tables with what looked to be monitoring equipment, operating stations, and a control panel for the large apparatus that was directly above the table. Cables, hoses and wires ran from the device to a massive holding tank in the corner of the room, which was covered in seals and reinforced welds. Even so, the air around it seemed to shimmer like an afternoon mirage.

"Moshi Naka?" a kindly looking medical-nin materialized from behind a desk piled with papers, holding a clipboard. She looked to be in her mid-forties, and bore a look of concerned hospitality. "If you're ready, we'll begin. Please, have a seat."

From over by the operating area, she wheeled a small cart laden with several devices, apparently for a pre-op checkup, although that may or may not have been apparent to Naka.

"And how are you feeling today? Have you had any feelings of nausea or headaches recently?" The nurse held in her hands a black sleeve attached to a small black hand pump, ready to receive Naka's arm.
CharactersShow
[Rank] Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Shin
Missions Accomplished: Shinfo Mission

[Rank] Jounin • Konohagakure no Sato • Tsutomu
Missions Accomplished:
Past CharactersShow
[Rank:] Bannin • Iwagakure no Sato • Sekitan OushiHanpatsuFubuki HabikuroShuuchaku

[Rank:] D-Rank Missing-Nin • Sunagakure no Sato Mamoru

[Rank:] Chuunin• Kirigakure no Sato • Orai, Kouu

[Rank:] Genin • Kumogakure no Sato • Shitagane, Iori

Das Kirb

Chapter 2 begins.

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Naka came into the room and looked around. For some reason this place reminded her of the incineration rooms from Reiha’s place. When the woman came out from behind the table she almost started to say something before she began to speak. Apparently everything was already set up to begin.

She sat in the chair without much of a second thought and listened to the typical questions. Just to be a little bit of a brat she decided to answer. ”Well, I have my stomach and chest split wide open about a month ago but that seems to be fine now. Other than that I think I’ve been pretty fine, sans this constant nagging of boredom.”

Her eyes ran around the room with a rather interested look. That tank on the far wall looked pretty big and had an interesting air too it. All these cables and hoses set up over an operation table too, what was this mission all about? With her curiosity starting to get the better end of her, Naka seemed to liven up a little bit. ”What is this mission exactly? It seems like something very interesting is about to go down. Care to clue me in doc?”

Punslinger

Chapter 2 begins.

Post by Punslinger » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:23 pm

"You mean you don't...?" the nurse looked stunned.

"Thank you Miss Kaoru, you may continue with the examination." a stern voice came from behind her. A rather stiff, bald medical-nin relieved her of her clipboard, and took a stance across from the genin while the nurse began timidly taking her blood pressure.

"I should think that someone would have mentioned something of this magnitude to you before now, but I suppose that either way, it's out of your hands." the man said carelessly. "Your health appears to be above average, even for a girl your age, and your psyche profile indicates that your resilient (some might say obnoxious) personality makes you best suited within the experimental population for this procedure. Your parents have already signed off on the operation, and as a village shinobi you're obligated to complete your mission assignment. Today, we'll be sealing demon inside you, Miss Moshi."

He looked thoughtful for a moment before retreating back to the desk to pull out a much larger file.

"Let's see, you said you had your chest split open last month, but it doesn't appear here on your medical record." he flipped through a few pages before stopping. "Ah. You're listed as an known associate of Amaya Reiha, a clan suspected of several assassinations over the years."

He looked coldly at Naka for a moment, and it seemed like he was weighing the information that he should have been turning in to his superiors against another, almost fierce desire to complete this operation, and for a brief second, the look on his face reflected that cruel determination before returning to the same impassive look he'd worn before.

"No matter. But we shall have to check the area in question to ascertain that it has indeed healed completely. Miss Kaoru, if you would kindly do the honors."

"Yes sir. This way, please." the little nurse lead the way to the far side of the room, where another examination table sat behind some curtains. There was a nightgown on the cushioned surface, evidently put there for Naka's use. Closing the curtain behind her, the nurse made a curt little bow.

"I'll need to examine the wound." she said brusquely. She looked vaguely nervous, evidently still shaken that this child hadn't been told that she was going to be a test subject.
CharactersShow

Missions Accomplished:
Past CharactersShow
[Rank:] Bannin • Iwagakure no Sato • Sekitan OushiHanpatsuFubuki HabikuroShuuchaku

Das Kirb

Chapter 2 begins.

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Naka looked over her shoulder slightly to take into account the entire scope of the room. This singular room seemed to be friggen massive but that enormous tank took up most of it. She almost jumped from her seat when the balding man came from his little hiding place to approach Naka.

Her face almost glowed from the simple thought of being specially chosen for something such as this. Her chest seemed to puff up a little bit to exemplify that pride she felt right now. But the last sentence of that caught her attention full force. She simply stared into space for a moment before hr almost malicious grin pierced her face. ”Interesting.”

Her curiosity and excitement was peaked beyond belief. She didn’t even pay attention to the next few things said. When Naka finally wrenched herself back she was being lead away into a gown to make sure everything was all right. Without a second thought Naka stripped and stood ready to be examined. Naka didn’t really care what the hell was going on with this right now, all she could think about were 7 words. ”We’ll be stuffing a demon inside of you.” The very thought sent chills down her spine.

Naka had no actual idea what this meant but her imagination was running wild. Demon’s held massive power, but they shouldn’t be trifled with. Even the weakest ones could completely dominate those that tried to dominate them. Or at least, that was the legend. What kind of demon was she having locked inside of her, and how? Why had her parents already signed off on this and not told her? No, none of that mattered. All that mattered was to find out what this demon could do, and how she planned to make it hers.

”A demon from the infernal hells to be sealed inside of my body. And here I was thinking this was going to be boring.” A flame burned in her eyes from the sheer thought of what was about to happen. Her entire body was heating up from the excitement that rushed through her veins. She only had one question to ask. ”How powerful is this monster, and how do I make it mine?”

Punslinger

Chapter 2 begins.

Post by Punslinger » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:24 pm

If the bald doctor was impressed by Naka's indifference to the news, he certainly didn't show it. With a haughty sniff, he returned to his place at the desk, poring over some document or file. Around him, other medical ninja could be seen performing similar tasks. Behind them, several more shinobi were looking slightly out of place among the white robes, dressed in full Iwagakure black ops gear, with hoods that covered their heads. The nurse seemed to have noticed them too, and gave them all a worried glance as she closed the curtains behind them and Naka promptly got naked. Ironically, this brazen display didn't seem to faze her.

"I don't know, I'm only part of the medical staff. I was told we would be doing a delicate procedure that required medical oversight. I can only assume now that this is an experimental sealing technique, and I'm afraid that that's beyond anything I've ever studied." she said worriedly as she pulled a stethoscope from a drawer built into the table. Her eyes flitted over the raw, pink remains of a pair of scars that might have made grown men cringe just a few weeks before as she held the cold steel to the girl's chest. "It seems like they've healed well enough. Breath deeply, please."

When this was finished, she pulled a tongue depressor from her pocket, holding it up to Naka's mouth. "That's good. Now say 'ahhhhh'."

All the while, the woman's brow was furrowed with concern. It was obvious that this news hadn't been something she expected, and she was still wrestling with how she felt about the matter. After she took the wooden stick from the girl's mouth and tossed it in a waste bin, she cocked her head, once again looking at the scars that looked much to big for a teen girl's body.

"Aren't you worried? I'm not sure what they're planning to do to you, and it scares me. Do you really plan on letting them go through with this? Because I'll put a stop to it. I will."
CharactersShow

Missions Accomplished:
Past CharactersShow

Das Kirb

Chapter 2 begins.

Post by Das Kirb » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:51 pm

Nka’s head was thrown back in a fit of laughter. ”Why would I stop this? It’s too damn interesting to stop.” She took a step in and glared the doctor in the eye. ”This is almost too fun.” Naka literally began to purr as she flung the curtains open to reveal the gathered bunch. She took in the sight with a glee that would make most think she was in heaven. ”Interesting, It’s going to take this many just to put this beast in me.” without any thought or consideration for her personal well being she walked over and sat on the slab in the middle of the room.

Her eyes scanned each of them with the blue fire burning brighter than ever before. ”Let’s not waste time.” She lay down on the table with her arms and legs prone. It didn’t matter what they had to do, Naka’s curiosity was overflowing. So many things went through her mind before she finally honed in on one phrase that summed her entire outlook on what was happening up. ”Show me more.”

Punslinger

Chapter 2 begins.

Post by Punslinger » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:16 pm

As ridiculous as Naka's naked march to the table was, nobody seemed to take notice. Indeed, most of them avoided making eye contact. Nurse Kaoru followed nervously behind, watching apprehensively as one of the other medical attendants clamped down four massive shackles down on Naka's wrists and ankles, spreading her in Vitruvian fashion on the cold steel. The nurse gasped in shock, and walked forward to grab hold of the girl's hand, clenching it tightly.

"Don't worry, I'll be right here."

"Shall we begin?" the balding doctor approached the table, still reading his clipboard. He motioned to the hooded figures, who huddled around the giant canister in the corner before approaching the table as an ominous hum came from the machine above Naka.

Clearing his throat, the bald doctor looked down on the table at Naka as indifferently as he had when she'd been fully clothed. "I suppose, in the event that something should go wrong during the course of this procedure, that I would be willing to relay a message to your parents. Anything you'd like to say to them?"
CharactersShow

Missions Accomplished:
Past CharactersShow

Das Kirb

Chapter 2 begins.

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Naka jerked slightly as the clamps folded around her legs and wrist. Slowly her burning eyes scanned around the gathered mass, taking in every single detail about them all. Her body was pressed hard against a cold surface that promised no remourse in the coming event. Only one thought pierced her mind during this. ”Show me more.” The only thing she could possibly consider right now. She wanted more, she wanted it all for herself.

Naka tested the bands on her arms and legs. They would hold her fast and tightly as everything happened. A warning from the doctor standing above her snapped her attention to him as the sounds above her rang a dull hum. Her mother and father would not like her not coming back. Reiha would be hurt as well.

Naka's mind was locked into that one name. Reiha would be furious had she failed her. The thought grasped her for a brief moment and sent chills down her spine. If something did go wrong then Reiha would be left to deal with her father once more. Fear came to Naka's eyes for the very first time in history. Something had finally locked into her mind that would cause mortal injury should something happen. It only lasted for an instant before she reclaimed herself once more. Reiha was her weapon, and a weapon was only as strong as the master. She had to prove she was strong enough to keep Reiha. The fire relight in her eyes.

A message should things go wrong. She only had to think a moment before her answer was clearer than anything ever could. It even sliced through her curiosity. The answer was nothing. She wouldn’t die during this. She would dominate this monster and make it hers.

The sounds of the machine grew louder and louder above her as her entire body grew hot with the sheer glee she was feeling. Again, the words that seemed to define her very existence were uttered. ”Show me more.” She only hoped she was strong enough to wield this weapon too. If she wasn't then Reiha was the one hurt. The image of Reiha standing in from of her caused her entire body to be lit ablaze with lust for power. The machine whined loudly above her. She would own this monster for Reiha and herself. "SHOW ME MORE!"

Punslinger

Chapter 2 begins.

Post by Punslinger » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:02 am

"Sir, we have to stop this. It's clear she's in no mind to go through with thi-." The nurse began, pleading with the balding medical-nin, who for his part probably would have agreed if he actually cared about the long term success of the procedure as opposed to being the one to perform it. Naka was obviously unstable, but she'd been chosen and he'd been chosen, and the operation was happening, come hell or high water.

"That is quite enough Miss Kaoru. We will begin now. Anesthesia." he barked, and one of the other attendants placed a mask over Naka's face, pumping oxygen into her lungs and slowly putting her under. As she went, another medical-nin began cleaning the skin at the bend of her arm before inserting an intravenous feeding tube, which quietly began pumping more anesthetic into her system.

"Time." the bald doctor intoned, looking up at the clock. "Alright."

The lights dimmed except for the bright lamps above the operating table, there was a flash of steel, and the scalpel was lowered. Several minutes later, the girl's skin was laid open to the bone for six inches down the center of her chest. Wiping his brow, the doctor turned to the four hooded ninja waiting just outside the ring of light.

"Gentlemen. Your turn." he waved the rest of the medical team away from the table, physically leading the nurse from her post at the genin's side. It then became apparent what the apparatus above the table was: a drill.

The next several hours saw the operating room filled with strange lights and sounds; the hum of the machine, the whine of a drill on bone, and a strange, unearthly glow as the drill began pumping chakra into the seal that had been etched into Naka's skeleton.

The next morning saw Naka sleeping in a room at the hospital, partitioned off from the rest of the room by a curtain. Her chest would be sore, and she was still tied down. Through the curtain, the silhouettes of two guards could be seen.
CharactersShow

Missions Accomplished:
Past CharactersShow

Das Kirb

Chapter 2 begins.

Post by Das Kirb » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:39 am

The suppressants didn’t work perfectly in time. She bit down on the cord that was being fed into her throat, nearly snapping it in half. Naka embraced the sensation that was being fed into her. The slicing of the knife only caused her mind to further be lost into the sheer sensation of the entire ordeal. Her entire form was simply shivering with the pure lust for more. Finally, the drugs did their job as her eyes closed on the drill pressing into her chest.

When she woke she sat in a hospital bed with a robe on and her chest throbbing. Her mind was chaos in the dark moments of her awakening. Unbeknown to her, she was screaming in her sleep. One name and one name only screamed over and over. Her voice was sore after the restless slumber. The pain was simply overpowering, leaving her barely able to move. Sharp throbs kept shooting through every inch of her. HEr body struggled against the restraints. The twisting and fighting had caused her chest to peel back open. Finally, she could do nothing but slam her head back into the pillow and bite her tongue to keep from screaming more.

Coming from outside the sheet were two other figures. The two guards seemed to speak with them briefly and let them in. She couldn’t see through the tears that came to her eyes. The voice was familiar though. ”I raised you better than to be screaming over this Naka.” Her father’s voice pierced her veil of pain. He was right. She shouldn’t be screaming like this. It wasn’t worth it and got nothing done. She did have something to say though. ”Dad, I’m going to fucking kill you.” That only brought a smile to the man’s face.

Her mother was with him but she couldn’t see her at first. When she spoke it was full of worry but also pride. ”Naka, how do you feel? What happened in there?” Only a few simple questions but they were very well worth asking. All Naka could reply with was ”I have a new weapon.” Finally it returned to Naka in a flush of pain but also joy. She had just had a monster sealed within her. Now she needed to master her new toy. ”And it feels better than anything I could have imagined.”

Both her mother and her father simply looked at her for a moment as she seemed to be sifting through her memories about the event. She closed her eyes and allowed the sensation to flood her once more. In the shadows of that room she had seen it. the monster that had been trapped within. She focused on the image in her mind. ”You belong to me.” Her chakra flooded around her in the aquamarine color. ”And the first mark is made” The power washed over her in waves with each little amount released. Finally she let it consume her. Her chakra flooded the room in aquamarine light. The blue flames that never seemed to vanish from her eyes merely seemed to grow stronger.

Her father looked at her with only one thing on his mind, pride. ”First you claim Reiha as your own and now this monster is forced to serve you. Of course Reiha gave herself to you and I’m sure you don’t own her as much as she lets on, but this beast will forever be yours to command.” A single grin of prideful joy spread across his lips. ”who woulda thought I would be the father of the next feudal lord?” He burst out laughing a little bit before he finally returned to himself. At least he knew what all this truly ment, even if he wouldn’t show it.

The name had brought Naka back from her little power trip and into reality. ”Where is she? Where is Reiha?” Naka nearly tried to start getting up until her father placed a hand on her neck and eased her back down. ”She’ll be here shortly. She had to go on a mission and promised to be here as soon as she could. All she knows is that you are in the hospital and under critical care. We told her it isn’t that bad and we could handle it.” He got back up and walked over to her mother who still looked worried. ”I will say, that glare of hers is more deadly than any blade I have ever seen.”

Naka couldn’t even move as she was. She was bleeding from the chest and couldn’t care less. But if she moved to much something may get worse. She sighed as she lay back in the bed and simply said one thing before letting herself drift into the void of her mind. ”if she knew exactly what had happened she would kill anyone who stood in her way just to get here.” With that her mind filled with thoughts of the assassin that had caught her interest indefinitely.

Punslinger

Chapter 2 begins.

Post by Punslinger » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:54 pm

"Good to see her up and about." a voice from behind them spoke up. Another doctor, this one younger and with decidedly more hair than Naka's surgeon, stood at the opening in the curtains. Turning to one of the guards, he spoke. "I think it's safe to say she's not going to eat anyone. You can probably remove those tethers now."

The guards exchanged a look before one of them came into the room and untied the genin's hands and feet, one at a time. With that done, he resumed his post. The doctor addressed Naka first, reaching out to steady her chin as he shined a light in her eyes.

"I see they were right about exhibiting certain...characteristics. You look to be coming along well otherwise, though." He turned to speak to her parents. "We're going to want to observe her for a few days, make sure she's healing well, then she should be ready to go home within the week. We'd also like to schedule her for regular exams, at least once every two weeks, to see how she's adapting to the...procedure."

He bowed, and stepped back across the boundary of the curtain.

"I'll leave you folks be, then. Have a nice day."
CharactersShow

Missions Accomplished:
Past CharactersShow

Das Kirb

Chapter 2 begins.

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Naka snapped back to the world almost reluctantly when the straps were removed. She really didn’t pay attention to much of what was going on. Through her head swam many thoughts about the girl and the monster. Much about this just seemed almost to fantastic to be true. When he had said she would need to stay in this wretched place for a week Naka’s head did nothing but bump against the bed she lay on. ”Again I’m left to sit and wait.” Naka let out a long drawn out sigh before finally saying ”Just please bring me some fish.”

Naka’s parents had listened and made little notes about the whole thing before finally realizing something. Naka’s mother was first to say something about it. ”Is that a new jutsu?” Her hands went over the light blue markings on Naka’s cheeks. ”Can you turn it off? I don’t think you need it.” She pointed it out to her father who only chuckled. ”Seems like that chakra isn’t the only thing it changed.” Her mother backed up a little with a look of surprise.

Naka looked up and felt her cheeks to see what was up. Nothing felt any different but that didn’t mean nothing was any different. ”I can’t really see my face you know. One of you got a mirror on you?” Her mother reached into her purse and pulled out a small hand mirror. Naka took only look and the last thing anyone in that room heard was one word before the scene faded to black. ”Interesting.”

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”