[Lonely] The Next Step

Zodiac

[Lonely] The Next Step

Post by Zodiac » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:10 pm

The sun began to set over the horizon and the air was stiff as if time had stopped. It has been only a few days since Hibiki had become a jounin and so far he hasn't taken or received a mission since then. A few days ago, he was a regular chunin and now that he has ranked up the only that changed was he lost a precious friend. Hibiki was standing behind his best friend's house, who's mom was gracious that he came over. He quietly stood there standing above his friend's grave and it felt as though Hibiki couldn't breath. Although Hibiki was silent most of the time, whenever Susano was around him, it was like a whole new side of him was revealed. Now he would never feel the same way ever again, thought Hibiki as a tear began to pour down his face.

Moments later, Hibiki dropped down some flowers on the grave and sat down with one knee bent and muttered "I thought the reason why I became a ninja was to experience the outdoor world. But now that I've seen it, I wish I could just go back so that none of this had happened." After that, Hibiki left the house and it became night time, and instead of heading home he decided to go to the usual place where him and Susano would hang out, the library. On his way there his feet began to feel slight burning sensation, which brought back a flashback where his feet were burned by the rouge ninja and it would take a while before they are back to normal.

When he reached the library, he remembered that the place would close at night time but thankfully she was able to catch the librarian preparing to lock up for the night. Hibiki politely asked her if he could stay inside the library for a little bit, luckily since the two saw each other everyday and she trusted him, Hibiki was able to get some quiet time inside. He waved good bye to the librarian and sat down at a table, but before he did that he needed to find a book to read. Usually Susano would help him pick out a book, so it was hard to decide which one to pick. Within minutes, Hibiki found one that was mildly interesting called, Iwagakure's Alpha. Since most of his childhood, he spent it cooped up inside of his house due to his strict parent, Hibiki was never able to know much about Iwagakure besides the background and its people. The first few pages were boring as they went on about the ninja wars and who won and lost, but he did find out something about Iwagakure, the famous Sentinels. He never heard of them before, although he does remember Susano talking about them one day, he could recall that he wanted to maybe become a Sentinel but that he could have been joking about it.

This made Hibiki think a bit about the idea of him becoming a Sentinel. Since he was a jounin he had already accomplished one of the requirements, next the book explained that he needed a bird companion and the chakra affinity of Doton. The challenge became difficult, even though Hibiki's second chakra nature was Doton he didn't do well with animals. That's why he makes his bee's out of honey and that he has full control over them, if he got a dog then it would probably end up dying the next day due to lack of excitement. But that didn't mean it was impossible for him to turn over a new leaf towards animals. Although the thought of becoming a Sentinel made him feel good inside, he still wasn't sure yet if he was ready to be cooperating with some of the jounin. Hibiki didn't even think he was ready to go on mission's yet ever since the death of Susano.

Hibiki sighed and stood up to return the book, until suddenly he heard a strange noise coming from the entrance to the library and he quickly hid behind one of the book shelves. Who would be breaking into a library at this time of night. Whoever it is they won't be getting far into their plan. thought Hibiki as he performed a few hand seals and from his sleeve came about ten bees. The door opened and a shadowy figure appeared, and Hibiki became more and more cautious of the figure as he tried to decipher who it was. The criminal walked towards the library counter and reached inside his pocket, next Hibiki made his move and commanded his bee's to sting the figure. A screech could be heard seconds later as the figure fell to the ground and was knocked unconsious, Hibiki went for the light and walked over to the body.

JutsuShow
~Hachimitsu no Jutsu [Bee Honey Technique]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Ninpou • Hachimitsu no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique utilized by the Kamizuru clan of Hidden Rock. The clan member can generate bees made of honey to attack their target. The bees are able to be controlled by the user. If the bees are hit or cut by their target, they will fall apart into globs of honey. The honey has the sticking power of glue and can bind their target if it lands on them. The clan member can then release a real bee with a drug capable of knocking the target unconscious if it stings them.

The criminal was wearing a long black robe, most likely so that no one could notice his body or clothing beneath it. Hibiki reached into the stranger's pocket and pulled out a black book, and it dawned on Hibiki that he had seen someone reading this book constantly and he uncovered the crook's hood to reveal an Iwagakure ninja. And it was one that Hibiki had known from when he was a chuunin. Minutes after the accident the ninja woke up and saw Hibiki standing above him and started to explain that today was the due date for the book and he forgot to return. So he thought maybe he could break into the library and replace it before the librarian checked in the morning to see if he brought the book.

Hibiki understood the ninja's problem and told him that he wouldn't tell the librarian what had happened this night. The ninja thanked Hibiki for his help, and he saw that he had become a jounin and congratulated him on the promotion. "So have you gone on any super awesome epic jounin missions yet?" asked the chunin. Hibiki sat there just staring at the ground and shook his head no replying, "I've been a little down in the dumps lately so I'm taking a break until I decide what to do with my life." said Hibiki as he looked up at the ceiling thinking about the words he just spoke. Before Susano's death he wanted to protect his friends and village, but now he wasn't too sure if he was cut out for that.

The chunin grabbed his black robe and headed towards the door but not before he left Hibiki with a response. "Well, considering how you stopped me from breaking into the library today. I would suggest you could become a Sentinel and help defend Iwagakure. You'd be considered a hero for protecting the village and its people." That was the last thing that Hibiki heard from the chunin before he left the library and he could feel something inside. Its been days since he had this feeling in him, it was the same feeling that he got form Susano whenever the two would go on a mission.

Hibiki stood up and walked outside of the library and locked it so that nothing bad happens the rest of the night and he looks up at the stars. "Looks like thanks to you, I've found a new goal of mine. You always did like to change my mind didn't you Susano." whispered Hibiki as he walked home after finding some new enlightening.

[Genin • Kumogakure • Lisanna Heart • Taijutsu Master • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”