Shaking the Melody

Jin

Shaking the Melody

Post by Jin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Peaceful melodies of crickets woke Taisaku. They were coming from the distance, but his keen hears could hear them as though they were yelling in his room. From peaceful to irritation, the only thing his muscles could hope of doing was move. The way that things felt, if he were to move, he knew he will lose his chance to sleep again.

Alas, the screaming crickets stopped. The air coming from outside ran coldly, wrapping around his skin as though they were licks being caressed by a clan member of the Aisu. He heard about them, and found their kind interesting. Still, being a man to uphold and enforce the law, if he had to war against them, he wouldn't hesitate. There were people in his past known to be 'special' and well gifted, and still faced his Junbei with sorrowful faces.

Prodigies were nothing more than titles to him...

He patted his face. The thoughts he had were tangling. First he admired the Aisu, and then thought if they went out of line with him, he wouldn't back down. Luckily he caught on to his trail of thinking, and tried postponing the thoughts of 'not backing down' for a time when that were to happen. The job as a Sentinel was never an easy thing. Like an officer, you have to apprehend or take out the disobedient or the cruel. Unlike an officer, it would be a big thing, possibly cleansing the name of Iwagakure a bit. He had to stand strong for what he was. What he had to be. What he continue will always be for a long time...

~~~~~

Outside, Taisaku, all dressed in his usual gear, started walking. Already he felt annoyed to be out here. When he unconsciously moved his hand over his face in bed out of irritation, it actually built enough energy within to make him rise up, take a shower, get dressed, and jump out of the window...

He hated walking out during the day. But had to as the nation's guardian. Every time a bad deed set afoot, he had to fix its defection. Operate it with what he knew how... should it continue to break in a thorough manner, should he require to fix it by thorough means...

Luckily, tonight was a cool and calm night. With hardly anyone around. There were at times a few staring people, and a few bowing to him, but he understood the triviality. It is to his understanding that when there's people staring or bowing or greeting you, as a sentinel it is your duty to do... whatever. In his case, since he was here to protect than commune, he always looked so far ahead with those shimmering golden eyes, he could be thought of as the walking dead.

At this moment, he took a left around the corner of a grocery store.

Mortalvis

Shaking the Melody

Post by Mortalvis » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:50 pm

An early morning did not bode well for Tobi's day. It had been a restless night, and with the few hours of sleep that he did get, he rose and got ready to leave. Being poor on his fine motor skills and even poorer in mood, the genin skipped the hassle of making himself breakfast and went straight out the door.

Like most days, he had a glorified list of chores to do. The first thing on the list was grocery shopping, one of Tobi's favorite things to do. If he hadn't been so utterly exhausted, a few complaints would have been in order.

Marching down the streets, Tobi weaved his way through crowds of morning people (arguably the worst kid of people in his eyes) and headed toward the shop that he often went to to buy foodstuff. As Tobi turned a corner, and being as groggy as he was, the genin was too slow to do anything about the near collision that he had with a man that was turning it in the opposite direction.

Tobi stopped, looked up at him and spoke:

"O-Oh, sorry... didn't mean to." It was the best he could muster considering his mood.
Characters
RankCharacterVillageCompanionsSocialsMissions
B-Rank Missing-ninMiyamoto RikuKonohagakure no SatoN/A1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 71, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Jin

Shaking the Melody

Post by Jin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Taisaku felt almost certain it had to be breakfast time for some people. Earlier birds really do catch the worm.

When he saw the day starting to break and trail through earlier, he could only wonder about the bat things that might be happening under secrecy. And to the time he went to the store, the sun had already been touching over his way, lighting the path before him under a calm, tasteful, cerulean hue.

Once the lit sihlouette of a young kid bumped into him, postponing the Sentinel from his aimless wandering, he could only look at the boy. The kid reminded Taisaku of his childhood. Not because he said sorry, but because he didn't. Taisaku had been one dedicated kid in his days. The irritation coming from his drunk father was the cause of his outbreaks in the attitude field. Luckily, he grew up. Was alive as a shinobi long enough to remember it.

"It's not your fault. I have been wandering all night, up until the morning, and lost some of my senses." The the worse idea got to him: "Did you steal anything? You look a little exhausted."

Was he right to be this suspicious? All he could do until the boy spoke back to him was raise a brow.

Mortalvis

Shaking the Melody

Post by Mortalvis » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Gladly taking his out from an apology, he nodded at the man. It was nice to see someone else that looked as weary as he did. Tobi did, however, take some offense to the jounin's musing, visible through the sudden knitting of his brow.

"No... I didn't steal anything. I'm on my way to buy some things, actually." Although he had been slightly put off by Taisaku's assumption, Tobi didn't seem overly upset. Perhaps he was too tired, but something about the man told him that it was out of concern that he asked, not bitterness.

"I-I'm Tobi, by the way." His underdeveloped social skills immediately sprung to an introduction in the lack of anything else to say, even if he could have uttered another apology and been on his way.
Characters
B-Rank Missing-ninMiyamoto RikuKonohagakure no SatoN/A1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 71, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Jin

Shaking the Melody

Post by Jin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:39 pm

Too innocent to be proven guilty. He thought to himself. Maybe it was that weary face of his looking like it much rather beg for forgiveness instead. He continued to think. Think and think. Over and over again. His mind had nothing else important to do. The duty he had as a Sentinel had more ground work than direct work. But still, work. And it was everyday.

He read a lot of expressions, heard so many lies, and seen the malice at its most subtle forms. This kid really didn't have it in him. And for Taisaku to look at him again, and also hear his voice in order to be at his level of understanding forced him to tap his noggin for being so foolish.

While the two were stuck in probably silent confusion, Taisaku could only rub his head and say "You need any help?"

[OOC: Sorry. Didn't know what other ways to make you not leave from bored. But edited.]

Mortalvis

Shaking the Melody

Post by Mortalvis » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:48 pm

[OoC: The only way to keep me from being bored is to keep things like fighting and stuff out of a social. xP]

The man was strange, but not unfriendly. It may have been bad on Tobi that he didn't recognize him as one of the Sentinels of Iwagakure, but given that he hadn't even recognized their leader, Oushi, when they had first met, it was no surprise that poor Tobi was without his respects.

He looked at Taisaku with some bewilderment as the silence went on between them. It wasn't until the man asked if he could help that Tobi stopped feeling quite so awkward. Although he wanted to say no and be on his way, the genin's kindness was far too overbearing to allow him to dismiss Taisaku.

"Oh, yeah... sure. I've got a list of the stuff that I need, so it shouldn't take too long." He gave a weak smile, even though he was on edge from the start of his day. It didn't seem all that bad to accept some company anyway.

"If it's not too much trouble, that is..."
Characters

Jin

Shaking the Melody

Post by Jin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:47 pm

Taisaku finally became friendly for a change. Maybe it was selfish of him for the feelings and mood swings he had been going through. Past, he figured, gathered and came back to mind. Creating explosions of words, gestures, or feelings at times when he doesn't really need to. The people he had taken the lives of probably were cursing him at this moment, with their eyes coming from the spirit realm beaming down onto him with fervor.

To forsaken these emotional pressures, he had to start continuing on with his duty as a Sentinel. He didn't have to provide communication. Just protection. But the way he felt, to continue on protecting his people, he must protect his own psyche. Thus resulting him to say:

"Alright. I have the time. Lead the way." It was kind of boldly put, and his tone reverbrated kind of low, but his efforts to be kind could possibly make it evident to the keen eye that he's trying.

Mortalvis

Shaking the Melody

Post by Mortalvis » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:38 pm

Slowly but surely, Tobi's mood was lightening up as his sleepiness left him. He was no stranger to utmost grumpiness on most mornings, but it usually faded less than an hour later. He learned not to act on the kinds of feelings such a mood brought him, as he usually ended up feeling bad about it later. With that said, he was glad that he hadn't snapped on Taisaku for their close-quarters meeting. He was looking forward to having help, because it meant getting his dreaded chores done much faster.

"Oh... yeah, let's go." Flashing a small smile, he headed inside the quaint market store. It had an open front and most of the fresh, perishable goods were stored in covered baskets. The store owner, a man by the name of Iken, passed a friendly smile to Tobi as he entered.

"Ah, Tobika-kun. On another grocery run?" the middle-aged man inquired, laughing heartily. Iken's eyes fell on Taisaku, which pulled an even larger smile onto his face before he bowed. "Another Sentinel friend, Tobika-kun?"

"Morning, Iken," Tobi replied, leaving Iken's questions unanswered. Afterward, the boy turned to Taisaku.

"So, uh... you're a Sentinel, huh? My bad... I'm Tobi, if you didn't catch that before."
Characters

Jin

Shaking the Melody

Post by Jin » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:22 am

It has been a long time since Taisaku went to a grocery store. So long in fact, he could not remember. He was raised by two drunks; a careless father, and a useless uncle—both sharing each other’s traits off and on to the most annoying levels. His childhood took more into the structure of being dedicated to the lifestyle of a warrior. All the shopping had been in their hands...

That may have been the reason why Taisaku was so strong, and yet so skinny. Who knew the science...

In any case, when they entered the store, he saw a smile and looked at it. It was genuine. Because his lips were concealed by his long red scarf, the way that his golden eyes glared would draw in fear than anything. Especially to the wicked and followers of falsehood. The timing came right once the man stated his title. It intrigued to think that the boy knew of another.

"Another?"

Then he heard the kid speak. Would it be blasphemous to say that he was happy that he didn't know?

"Yeah. Not something I applied for anyway."

Mortalvis

Shaking the Melody

Post by Mortalvis » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:05 am

"Yeeeaaaaah... I'm kinda good friends with your leader, Sekitan Oushi," Tobi said as he directed Taisaku to the back left corner of the store. "I dunno how well you know him, but Oushi's pretty cool."

As he made idle chitchat, he picked up a carton of milk before navigating his way to some packaged goods.

"Mind grabbing a bottle of that wasabi sauce?" the genin asked as he found a few other items that were on his list. He was leaving the items like produce and meat until last as he wanted to keep them as fresh as possible. It was a little something his mother had embedded into him after he came home with soggy vegetables more than once.

A moment later, there was a rustling in Tobi's pocket as a small amphibious creature poked its head out. It crawled up through Tobi's shirt and appeared again after finding its way to his shoulder. No doubt the salamander had been roused by the smell the many delicious foods in the shop.

"Oh, this is Pumpkin. He's a, uh... well, he's my buddy." Tobi smiled as he gestured to the dopey-looking creature. Pumpkin stared at Taisaku with a less than intelligent stare, but he seemed to recognize the jounin as someone new.
Characters

Jin

Shaking the Melody

Post by Jin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Sekitan Oushi. Quite the character. To be honest, Taisaku never really tried getting to know any of the Sentinels. Like he always was, he kept the title mostly to do duties. And that was it. He didn't really like the fame and glory it held, but could careless if it did. So long as he can work, it didn't matter to him. But hearing the name Sekitan Oushi brought a small taste of memories.

When Taisaku followed Tobi, he heard the kid's first command, and complied to him by accepting and performing. He grabbed the Wasabi Sauce, and tried to reassure if he asked for more that moment, he would grab another or few. As he waited, a salamander emerged from Tobi's pocket. When he introduced him to Pumpkin, Taisaku could only find this kid more interesting...

"You know... I have a pet my own as well."

Vigourmerl

From nearly a 1/16 of a mile away, a raven woke from its deep slumber. Its eyes opened from a hidden calling inside its brain. It felt as though its owner needed assistance, and stood on its talons no second too late, and lifted itself from the nest it created. It went zooming, hoping to have made it on time. Its fast flying was tremendous. Faster than most Jounin in fact.

Because its nest was on a rooftop, there was no one really paying attention to it and the sweltering skies. It was too fast for its shadow to even be seen. But when it reach low enough to the streets, a whirl of wind swarmed around it, creating a tunnel of debris behind it. When it entered the store accurately as soon as a customer opened a door, it started to lift the wind on inside, blowing the customer's dress to the air to an embarrassing level.

The way it arrived here was from Taisaku constantly guiding it telepathically, with descriptions of what he knew how to reach where he was. Vigourmerl always did this, and because emotion is hard to set in through telepathy from human to animal, it still couldn't tell if he was in danger.

When it found Taisaku, it saw a man content. As it stopped, the debris it had left started knocking a few items along the isle. Luckily they were at the corner of the isle, still near the store's front. Otherwise, there'd be a mess all over the place. What entered the store was just wind, a small number fruits, and a small number of small random material from the streets.

"Let me introduce to you," he said casually before the bird landed on his shoulder. "Vigourmerl."

________Techniques Used_________

Sotsuu [Mutual Understanding]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
This jutsu is used by the Sentinels to communicate with their bird partners. This works in the same fashion as basic telepathy, but the fact remains that telepathy with animals is little more than an understanding of how they’re feeling or what they’re seeing, which means that certain details are often lost in translation.

Mortalvis

Shaking the Melody

Post by Mortalvis » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:52 pm

Instinctively, Tobi withdrew Pumpkin in fear for his pet's life. He knew that Vigourmerl was unlikely to see the salamander as a snack, but the genin took no chances.

Tucking Pumpkin back into his pocket, Tobi put a small smile onto his face and took a good look at the raven.

"That's a nice bird you've got there. Interesting name too..." he said plainly, mustering what interest he could. Tobi tried to balance his attention between the Jounin and picking up various items on his shopping list.

"Where did you meet... Vigourmerl, was it? I found Pumpkin in Rain Country. He looked like it climbed right out of a fire. It was pretty amazing." The idle chitchat was pleasant. The jounin had proven himself to be more than just a weary man out on a stroll after a sleepless night.
Characters

Jin

Shaking the Melody

Post by Jin » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:57 pm

The bird had glaring eyes like Taisaku, but they were, of course, of no relation. It didn't want to scare kids, so it tried turning its head to the side, staring at the food. It lacked the value in tasting things that show signs of love and affection...

"How did we meet? To be honest, it was one of the birds that helped try to kill me when it was with another owner. I was on a mission to hunt a terrorist, and after defeating him, the bird happen to follow me back to the village. It even snook in my room and frightened me." He looked at his bird as it looked at potato chips. He knew how the bird felt, and tried explaining why it acted so shy as they checked on to the next item.

"He's kind of shy when he sees another pet and its owner getting along. It reminds me of our complex bond. Two warriors with a familar lifestyle. And that's coming from a killer like me."

Mortalvis

Shaking the Melody

Post by Mortalvis » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:38 am

"Oh?" Tobi murmured as he went about collecting the last of the items. He kept a small smile on his face, trying his best to remain interested in what the Jounin had to say.

"Well that's... really something, huh? Pumpkin and I pretty close, but he sleeps most of the time. He likes fire almost as much as I do though. That keeps us together more than anything." Collecting the final things on his list and working to hold most of them, he wandered up to Iken's counter and set the items down.

"And here's the meat, Tobika-kun. An especially good cut today as a tip to your mother for her work with my wife." Iken's smile broadened as he set the packaged meat on the counter. He went about bagging items soon after, which gave Tobi time to explain what the old shop clerk had meant.

"My mom helps other housewives be good homemakers, like Iken's wife," he said as he gathered the bags that were ready. "Thanks for the help, by the way. I appreciate it, uh... did you ever mention your name? I guess I forgot if you did."
Characters

Jin

Shaking the Melody

Post by Jin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:32 pm

Taisaku kind of felt better to be honest. Most of the day was still left out there, lingering. But this morning, it felt so at ease and welcoming, that when he looked out at a window, he forgot that it wasn't nighttime. His sense of reality, in a time period scale, had been relinquished for just a few minutes of his time.

"Yeah. The bird and I have an odd relationship."

It was interesting knowing that it had been such a long time he felt so welcomed, that he could forget that he was still on the job when the feeling arrived to his doorstep. Now knowing this, he felt like he had to go outside, and get back to work as they walked from gathering one item to another, and finishing the stop at the cash register.

"Ah," he replied. "Felt so tired that I forgot. It's Fudoyori Taisaku. But you can call me Tai if you like, kid."

Mortalvis

Shaking the Melody

Post by Mortalvis » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:24 am

[OoC: Sorry for the wait.]

"Tai, huh? Alright, I can do that." Tobi didn't really care what he called the Jounin, so long as he had a name to call him by. At least now the genin would have something to mention to Oushi the next time he saw him.

"Well, anyway, I appreciate the help. It was kinda nice shopping with someone for a change." The boy's mood had certainly picked up from the time the two had met to this point. However, he knew that it was time to part ways, as he had finished his shopping and all that was left was his return home.

After gathering his groceries up, he paid Iken, said a few words of thanks, and went outside of the shop.

"Thanks again for keeping me company. I really hope I didn't waste too much of your time," he said modestly. "So... I guess this is goodbye?"
Characters

Jin

Shaking the Melody

Post by Jin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Taisaku looked around and saw a good atmosphere coming through and though here. The kid was happy, and Taisaku was... nearing to that direction. It was hard to make him purely happy, since he had been raised as a warrior, and may someday die the same way as well. He was certain about his life's end, and dare not to feel frightened by it.

It was alright for him to be called Tai. It kind of suited his personal skills, Taiijutsu and Genjutsu. Maybe, someday in the future, the kid could grow up to be a very strong Sentinel. It'd be the first time Taisaku thought about a kid's future. Maybe imagining it can draw him affectionate for his people's abilities for a chance.

All right. Enough with the love-dovey.

Outside, Taisaku found himself back where they met. The kid thanked him, and Taisaku said "No problem." Then they had to say goodbye for now. Vigourmerl kind of found some attachment somehow over its owner and this kid's temporary relationship, and didn't want things to end so quickly. It made the slickest glance it could as it stood on Taisaku's shoulder, hoping to earn a last glance of the kid before it was time to go.

"I guess so, kid."

"Maybe someday we can meet again. Who knows, it might be as Sentinel colleagues."

Mortalvis

Shaking the Melody

Post by Mortalvis » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:18 am

"Yeah, maybe... maybe... Tobi mumbled, a slight smile curling at the corner of his mouth. It was a strange thought, but he hoped to see Taisaku again in the future. The two had such a short meeting this time and it almost felt like it was too soon to say goodbye.

"I hope you have a good rest of your day, Tai. You and Vigourmerl. See you around." Without anything else to say to the jounin and his pet, Tobi turned around and started on his way home. He left carrying the bags filled with groceries, but also the hope that maybe, just maybe the two would meet again.

[OoC: I'll hand this in now~]
Characters

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”