[Graded]Even Medics Need Doctors

Versesai

Post by Versesai » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:40 am

Jinseie's triumphant arrival back to Iwagakure was probably the least triumphant thing that had happened in weeks or months, even though it was heralded by a cloud of smoke as Kikei landed in the village with Jinseie on his back and the pair roamed around rampantly, smoke clouds kicked up here and there. Most people barely batted an eyelash as the pair landed in front of Iwa's hospital, though some did stare at the creature Jinseie climbed off of him with a flourishing leap.

Kikei's tail flickered as Jinseie pulled the pack off the back of his summon, who groaned almost mockingly as he shook his back. "Well, finally...You ever think about carrying less with you. Maybe losing the fans, the hammer, a few pounds around the middle?" the Nue snapped, causing Jinseie to blink and look down at his gut, which he pinched. He actually just pinched the shirt, his muscles were practically the only thing under his skin. "Hmm...No, but if you keep whining I'll see about putting you through some training." the genin replied, causing Kikei to growl slightly. Now shifting on his paws, Kikei sat down on the ground. "Remind me why we're at a hospital? I thought you wanted to be a field medic, not stuck at a hospital..." the summon asked as he looked about the place, admiring it a bit.

Jinseie and Kikei had been pretty much out in the stone fields around Iwagakure for weeks at a time. Their relationship wasn't exactly that bad now, though they had their issues. For one, Jinseie didn't understand his companion half the time. Part whiner, part stoic and about fifty times that in just pure jerk, they got along and bickered at the same time.

Jinseie hadn't precisely changed over the last few months as he had grown. He now stood a little taller, his body had slimmed down from constant training and living off field rations and the animals who lived in the rocky terrain around the village. Hefting his field pack over his shoulder, which was actually about as big as a survival backpack and had most of Jinseie's supplies slapped inside it, as well as his bulkier weapons, Jinseie stepped forward. "I do. Eikei taught me field Iijutsu, not the types you need for prolonged care. Which is why I'm going in for a check up, just to make sure three weeks of listening to your bitching and moaning about eating mountain goats hasn't given me ear cancer." Jinseie said, waving his hand at the Nue who just bristled a little, his snake-like tail twitching in annoyance. And then suddenly, Kikei stopped.

"Wait...Nurses..."

Kikei's eyes flashed. Jinseie stared for a moment before in a burst of smoke, Kikei was at his side obediently. In fact, Kikei was rubbing his head against Jinseie's side and grinning wickedly. "If I promise to behave will you let me come with you?" he almost -purred- in the most sickeningly polite and happy voice Jinseie had ever heard. Jinseie's free hand came up and he firmly planted it against his own face, sighing deeply. If there was one thing Jinseie knew, it was that his companion was a world class letch...

Wordlessly Jinseie just walked past Kikei who bounded with him happily, the large lion-like creature grinning as they entered the hospital...
As Jinseie stood near the counter, waiting for one of the medics to get to him, Kikei was pretty much all over the place. Yes, the Nue that for three weeks and then some basically done nothing but glare at Jinseie and angrily follow orders, was currently purring under the attention of one of the nurses. A cute, raven-haired girl who was scratching under his chin as he sat there in one of the hallways.

Jinseie had his fingers buried in his eyes in the classic 'Nnnn' expression, a low groan constantly escaping from his lips.

"He is so big, but he's like a housecat! I wish I had something like him at home..." the nurse said wistfully, causing Kikei to turn to Jinseie and grin in triumph, while Jinseie just put his other hand over his face as well. "Yes...He's wonderful."
InactiveShow
[c][center][color=darkslateblue]Jounin[/color] [color=orangered]Katon[/color], [color=lightgreen]Fuuton[/color], [color=orangered]Katon[/color] [color=#6A5ACD]Gigan Ninjutsu[/color], [color=#8B7D7B]Ash Extension[/color], [color=Brown]Sankaton Super[/color] [color=#778899] 0 S - 0 A - ? B - ? C - ? D[/color][/center]
[center][url=https://www.narutosaigen.com/forums/viewtopic.php?&t=5706169/1/?x=90#new][img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/Lordshi/KotentouSig_zpsfd407695.png[/img][/url][/center][center][color=royalblue]C-Rank[/color] [color=dodgerblue]Suiton[/color] [color=#8B3A3A]Swamp Extension[/color], [color=#8B5A00]Oil Extension[/color] [color=#778899] 0 S - 0 A - 0 B - 3 C - 1 D[/color][/center]
Kindachi, Daimaru/Kindachi, Joushi

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:13 am

A large door, one of the many along this wing of the hospital, slid open as a shinobi and his wife stepped out, all smiles. Around his right forearm was a cast, which already had several marker scribbles on it. As they began making their way down the hall, Omoi leaned out from the examination room, waving politely to the couple. "Thanks for coming, Sugawari-san! Shina-san! See you later!" she called in a voice that rung as sweetly as wind chimes.

Just as she leaned out the window, the black-haired nurse's partner, a equally pretty but far more serious brunette, made her way to Omoi's examination room and handed her a clipboard. "Stinkin' shinobi bringing their summons into the hospital," she said under her breath, none too pleased with Kikei's presence. "Why can't they just have them wait outside? Look, Kuwara isn't even working now; she's too darn distracted by that... whatever it is."

Omoi's only response was to give a consoling smirk. "I know how you feel, Mizuki-san, but they're not all that bad," she contested as she scanned the form's contents. "I have plenty of patients who are shinobi that are absolutely wonderful. We can't lump them all in together just because of a couple of bad experiences, right?"

The woman's only reply was to roll her eyes and walk back to her station. After having read through the details on the forms, Omoi's clear voice rang out again. "Jinseie-dono? Is there a Jinseie Zoukane here?" she called out to the lobby.
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]
Inactive/Dead CharactersShow
A-Rank Missing Nin KumogakureRanpu HanteiRyokuSister Peace • Status: Inactive
Chunin SunagakureIbara RubiBourou • Status: Inactive
Xavier: "The brand of loyalty you inspire is... interesting."
Cable: "Hammer nurses a grudge like it's a teat."
Xavier: "Weren't you responsible for his quadriplegia?"
Cable: "Never said the grudge wasn't justified."

Versesai

Post by Versesai » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:15 am

Oh how Kikei was enjoying this moment. A cute, attractive woman giving him attention and Jinseie couldn't do anything without causing a fuss in the hospital, something Kikei knew he wouldn't do without causing enough ruckus to get them kicked out of the hospital proper. Which Jinseie would also not do. So he knew his summoner was basically fucked in regards to getting Kikei back under control. It was a glorious, glorious day for the Nue!

Jinseie, on the other hand, was fairly sure he wouldn't live to regret this if Kikei didn't calm down. His summon was not exactly subtle and given how he was acting, if this continued then Jinseie would be kicked out of the hospital. Kikei had been his only living creature capable of talking and something close to 'friend' for days now, so Jinseie was reluctant to send him back wherever the Nue went when he canceled the summon. God only knew what that thing did when he wasn't under supervision...Hell, even under supervision was quite bad. Soon however Jinseie couldn't take it anymore.

Swiftly, Jinseie stepped out from the corner of the waiting room and he was about ten steps from Kikei, who suddenly looked very worried at the glare on his summoner's face. Kuwara didn't even notice as she kept pouring on affection to Kikei. What stopped Jinseie was someone calling his name, stopping dead in his tracks and causing him to stand up straight. Turning his head, he looked towards the woman who called his name and he then looked back to Kikei, giving him a withering glare. "Let the nurse get back to her work. Thank you for keeping him occupied, Miss.." he said, grinning through the aggravation as he stepped down the hall towards the voice, Kikei huffing and trotting after him.

Halfway down the hall, Jinseie turned sharply to Kikei and he lifted his finger, wagging it a bit. Voice surprisingly stern, he said "Listen here. If you make one wrong move, I promise you I'll dispel you and the only place I'll ever bring you back to around here is the mountain so I can beat you for this. Got it, Kikei?" he said, standing up sharply and walking back down the hall with an agitated look on himself. Months of pretty much nothing but constant exposure had worn Jinseie's patience down...He wasn't normally this short.

Kikie, for his part, huffed unhappily and trudged behind Jinseie sadly. Even worse, Jinseie's nurse was cute and here he was, practically unable to even make a move! Stupid binding contract...

Jinseie smiled as he saw Omoi, bowing his head and saying "Jinseie Zoukane. Am I in here?" he asked, trying to push the urge to kick Kikei down.
InactiveShow
[c][center][color=darkslateblue]Jounin[/color] [color=orangered]Katon[/color], [color=lightgreen]Fuuton[/color], [color=orangered]Katon[/color] [color=#6A5ACD]Gigan Ninjutsu[/color], [color=#8B7D7B]Ash Extension[/color], [color=Brown]Sankaton Super[/color] [color=#778899] 0 S - 0 A - ? B - ? C - ? D[/color][/center]
[center][url=https://www.narutosaigen.com/forums/viewtopic.php?&t=5706169/1/?x=90#new][img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/Lordshi/KotentouSig_zpsfd407695.png[/img][/url][/center][center][color=royalblue]C-Rank[/color] [color=dodgerblue]Suiton[/color] [color=#8B3A3A]Swamp Extension[/color], [color=#8B5A00]Oil Extension[/color] [color=#778899] 0 S - 0 A - 0 B - 3 C - 1 D[/color][/center]

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:36 am

(The last part of this post is under the assumption that Kikei shrunk himself. It was sorta unclear to me whether he was or not.)

Though she wasn't much older than the young man that approached her, she could tell that something had frayed his nerves. The summon that accompanied him had a short exchange with his partner and suffered a rather drastic change in countenance. Considering how worn the boy's clothes seemed, it was likely that he had spent a great deal of time training, and he had only just now returned. No doubt this would have taken a tool both in a physical and mental respect...

Omoi's smile got even more warm and pleasant (if that were ever possible for the kunoichi). There had been many a time where Maru had also gone off on training sojourns all by his lonesome with nary a fly to keep him company. When he returned, he would usually be short fused and irritated. Omoi found the best way to soothe his frayed spirit was the same as healing dried cracked skin and scars: a little bit of lotion and a lot of love, applied tactfully yet liberally. "Good morning, Jinseie-dono. I'm Nenshou Omoi, and I'll be taking care of you today," she introduced herself, bowing deeply as a sign of courtesy before motioning the two into the examination room. "Please, come in."

Looking down at the dejected summon as they entered, she closed the door behind him. "And is this the partner that Kuwara-san was so enamored with? May I ask your name?" she asked poltely, not one to simply ignore others even with the pre-existing tension between the two.
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]

Versesai

Post by Versesai » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:49 am

Her smile placated Jinseie's desire for blood temporarily and he smiled bad as gently as he could, the anger leaving him as he remembered neither she nor Kikei really deserved that much aggression. As she bowed, he nodded to her and said "Thank you Nenshou-san. I'm honored, thank you for your time." as he stepped into the room. Kikei, who seemed rather down as he rounded the corner of the doorway, looked up to Omoi...And his eyes sparkled softly with unshed tears of joy as the nurse spoke to him so kindly, though he looked to Jinseie who had turned to observe the scene.

Jinseie waved his hand softly as if to say 'Whatever' and turned to get back to sitting on the exam table, even though he did sigh softly. A little grin broke through though, at least this nurse had brought it on herself a little bit...

"Kikei! My name is Kikei of the Nue Clan. You can call me Ki." he said, grinning up at the nurse happily as he stepped into the room. As he did, the snake that formed his tail rose up and as it passed by Omoi it seemed to give a twitch and titter, as if it was waving at her.
InactiveShow

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:50 am

Omoi nodded sweetly. "Not at all, Jinseie-dono; the honor is mine," she responded, never forgetting her manners.

As Kikei walked past, Omoi caught glimpse of the small snake that formed the summon's tail. Omoi's eyes widened just a bit, but it was not out of fear; no, this was her near insatiable sense of curiosity that started to kick in. "Kikei-dono, I can't say I've ever met someone quite as intriguing as you," she mentioned, her emerald eyes sparkling with a new energy. "I would imagine, though, that Jinseie-dono must be equally as interesting of an individual to garner your trust as a partner."

Omoi set the clipboard down in the slot at the foot of the table. "I really must get started, though if it's okay with you both, we can chat while I administer the examination," she stated, her cheery voice washing over the duo's ears. "Jinseie-dono, would you kindly remove your shirt, please? And tell me: how did you two meet? I imagine that must be quite a story."

As Jinseie presumably followed through, Omoi began to pull out various salves from the drawers built into the side of the table. Omoi was known as one of the most talkative and genuinely inquisitive nurses in the entire hospital. There had not been a single patient who left her care feeling less than happy.
Active CharactersShow

Versesai

Post by Versesai » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:24 am

Kikei preened slightly as it sat down on the floor next to the examination table, while Jinseie just grinned and rubbed his face a little. His survival pack was lowered to the floor, off his shoulder, and the man removed his jacket now. He was basically just wearing skin tight black now, a typical shinobi body suit in fact.

"I'm a Nue. We're guardians and hunters. I'm actually a young one though...As we age, we get quite big." Kikei said as Omoi complimented him, though Jinseie just waved his hand as she complimented him as well. "Not really...I'm just your average Genin." he said, though Kikei countered that with a scoff. "Yes. An average Genin, who practices his Taijutsu techniques by fighting mountain bears. Typical stuff, really..." he quipped, causing Jinseie to stare a bit. "It wasn't practice! I wasn't sure if it was okay and poked it too hard..."

Jinseie nodded to Omoi as she told him to remove his shirt, which was a little more complicated than it sounded. Considering he was wearing a full body shinobi suit. Shifting, he managed to peel it downward to around his waist, giving Omoi access to all of his upper body she needed. To say Jinseie was muscular would've been a bit of an understatement, his entire torso looked incredibly lean and fit. And she'd be able to see the tell-tale signs of chakra healing, too. Parts of the skin not yet fully regenerated but healed over, little scars and various little things.

"Oh. How we met?" Jinseie replied, looking to Kikei who looked at him back. One thought ran through each of the twos minds. We're not discussing the ending.

Shifting as he sat up on the table, Jinseie spoke "It was a mission. Kikei had been living in one of the forested areas and he was driving away other animals, so they had me go in to try and find out what he was. I found him and he was sort of territorial..." "Hey, in my defense, it was my pond and you snuck up on me..." "Right, right. Well, we ended up fighting for a while. He gave me a few wounds and I finally smacked some sense into him. He came back to Iwa with me and he told me about his Clan...He gave me such a run for my money I figured he'd make a good partner."
InactiveShow

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:58 am

Omoi had to stop herself from gasping at some of the wounds that had only partially healed. There were quite a few of them, too; they were spread out all along his torso. 'It's amazing these cuts and wounds didn't get infected,' she marveled as she went about checking his vitals. She couldn't fully keep the look of worry from touching her features; though she did her best to remain pleasant, a hint of sadness slipped into her gaze while she took his pulse.

She used the ensuing conversation to distract herself. "Mountain bears, huh?" Omoi noted, giggling as she finished measuring Jinseie's vitals. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised; my boyfriend, Maru, has a tendency to find some very unique training methods himself. Still, I do wish you'd be careful, Jinseie-dono; a few of these cuts could have become infected had you been less fortunate."

Omoi also noticed the quick look between the two but simply decided to pay it no mind. She knew very well that if people wished to speak of things, they would do so on their own. For now, she was content to hear what they were willing to tell her. Watching the two interact proved to be quite amusing to the kunoichi, and she couldn't resist yet another giggle as Kikei jumped in with a small addition right on cue. "I admit that I've been searching for a partner of my own... but I haven't been able to find one as of yet," she admitted, pulling out a pale green salve that smelled lightly of mint and very carefully rubbing it onto the many cuts and scars that coated his torso. "And I apologize if this is painful, Jinseie-dono; the salve helps for when I use my medical ninjutsu. I hope it's not too painful."

Placing her hands upon the center of his chest, Omoi began concentrating her chakra. As the light blue chakra slowly flowed through Jinseie's body, he'd find that it was actually quite warm and soothing. "Kinkei-dono, tell me more about your clan, the Nue. What is your home like?" she asked as the healing chakra began to lace out to the injuries all along Jinseie's torso.
Active CharactersShow

Versesai

Post by Versesai » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Jinseie let Omoi examine the wounds now and he shook his head a bit, looking to her as he said "I know a bit of medical techniques myself...I made sure to disinfect everything. The bear wasn't friendly and I had a few close calls with the mountain and the rock walls..." he explained, shifting a little uncomfortable. It was worse than when Eikei had fussed over his wounds, at least Eikei had the decency to not be cute about it...

Kikei sniggered a little as Omoi spoke of unique training methods..."Well let's see. He trains daily by sparring with his clones, which are made of solid rock...He trains Doton techniques by fighting his clones and trying to win with only Doton. He hunts wild animals with his fans and hammer weapon for food, or he has me help him trap it to practice his stealth...Or how about using the rock shield technique to change the flow of a waterfall to practice his chakra control. Or, better yet, the time he ran -up an mountain- to train his chakra control, speed -and- stamina..." he began to list off, Jinseie actually reddening a little bit over time as he listed off all the odd training methods.

Jinseie let Omoi think what she wanted but the salves stung, but he barely flinched. He was quite good with pain, considering he'd been thrown into a lot. It didn't even hurt as much as a bite from Kikei. He heard partner and he looked over to Kikei, resisting the urge to snark. Kikei was sitting pleased on the floor and oddly, Jinseie didn't feel like ruining his good mood. "Thank you, Omoi. I barely felt it, but thanks." he said, smiling at her as he closed his eyes. In response to her chakra he began to accent it with his own, helping guide her chakra to the more injured and/or sore areas. It was obvious he had a lot of experience dealing with wounds and healing them with chakra.

"The Nue Clan? Well...Nues are basically felines, like tigers, who're born with chakra and other deformities. The first Nues were nomads who lived ferally, until Shinobi captured them and made us a Summon family. Iwagakure is where we align ourselves, but we actually live near another Land. In a mountain chain, we use our Smoke powers to travel across it." Kikei explained now, even Jinseie expressing interest. "We normally eat things like deer and such, but we also loan ourselves out to villages or towns and because of our chakra, we can absorb nightmares from people as they sleep. I was going to be the guardian of a town near my home but, well...I got restless. I'm technically a rogue from my clan, but we're so spread out anyway I doubt they care much."
InactiveShow

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Omoi could feel her chakra flowing into the wounds... but the chakra was moving too quickly. She could feel something channeling her chakra towards the most notable injuries as she heard of his tales during his training soujourn. "I never would've suspected that you had skill in iijutsu as well," Omoi mentioned with a genuine smile, honestly impressed. "You are certainly a young man of many talents, aren't you, Jinseie-dono?" Though she realized that such compliments could be perceived as flattery, Omoi let it go nevertheless; sometimes, a little bit of flattery could be good for the soul.

Hearing about the Nue clan also piqued Omoi's curiosity about Kikei. "Really? How does your clan absorb people's nightmares? Is it through some sort of fuuin? And is your tail like a seperate person, or do you both share the same mind?" she asked, thirsty for the answers to her questions as her healing chakra was already having its effect; the salve combined with her chakra was making the scars vanish at an unusually fast rate, and the partially healed skin was quickly returning to its normal flush.

For a moment, Omoi's face seemed a bit blank, almost as if she had realized something. "I apologize, Jinseie-dono, Kikei-dono," she admitted as her face flushed red in embarrassment. "I keep asking so many questions without considering how impolite I'm being. I hope you'll forgive my overactive sense of curiosity."
Active CharactersShow

Versesai

Post by Versesai » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:37 am

It was a subject Jinseie should've known better than to talk about. A smile that was unusually happy and pleasant for Jinseie even on a normal situation, where he wasn't being prodded and poked, where he wasn't aggravated by his summon and where, by all rights, he should have collapsed in bed as soon as he got back. "Thank you. I learned from another medic-nin, Eikei. She and I met a while back and she gave me the techniques for the basics of Iijutsu..." he said, even as the brief flashes started playing through his mind. They had only been together a short time, a matter of days, but Eikei had left an impression on Jinseie that wasn't soon to be forgotten. And considering it had been months since he'd heard from or of her...

Mind rapidly switching topics before that painful part of his thoughts overtook him, Jinseie forced a curious smile to his lips and listened to Omoi question Kikei about his clan's abilities and how the nightmares were eaten. Shifting a bit, Kikei seemed to stare at Jinseie slightly before he turned back to Omoi. The Nue wasn't particularly privy to Jinseie's life, but even he knew Eikei's name. And he knew when something was wrong. "It's a variant of Genjutsu...Essentially, we find people who're troubled during sleep and use a technique that stops the nightmare. We take a little bit of chakra in return. I say 'Eat nightmares' but it's really more like we alleviate it and eat a little of their chakra in return." Kikei explained, watching Omoi heal Jinseie now. "And my tail, uh...It's sort of...hard to explain?"

And then as she apologized, both people came out of their private thoughts to laugh a little. Jinseie just grinned and waved his hand. "Don't apologize. I haven't talked to anyone so polite in a while, so you're fine." he said, shifting a bit as his skin started to tingle and almost ache in areas, the healing effective but not without it's odd kinks...He knew the muscle under the skin would be stiff and achey for a while, but it was better than walking around wounded. Kikei, for his part, just smiled in an oddly Cheshire cat way. "Of course I would. As long as you don't mind the fact I've been staring at your a- Erm, face, the entire time." he said, catching himself as Jinseie's eyes caught him in a glare that froze the Nue's vocal cords in place.
InactiveShow

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:08 pm

(OOC: Psst. I'm running out of ideas for what to talk about. Think you could scrummage up a subject of discussion?)

Omoi wanted to ask about the medical nin who had taught Jinseie iijutsu, but as she saw the pained look that flashed but briefly across his eyes, she realized that it was a place where she was not allowed. Instead, she busied herself with listening to Kikei's explanation of his clan's capabilities. "Wow... that reminds me of some iijutsu that I've seen. There are some techniques that use the patient's chakra to enhance its effects."

Omoi noticed the chimera catching himself as well, even if only with his partner's vicious glare. At first, Omoi blushed; hearing such compliments about her figure, while flattering, were also a little embarrassing. However, after a short moment, she giggled. "It's okay, Jinseie-dono... It's a little embarrassing, yeah... but it's nice to hear a complement every once in a while."

She turned back to Kikei with an unfittingly sweet smile. "Just don't say anything about it to Maru-kun, okay, Kikei-dono?" she chimed, taking a small break to gather her chakra into her hands. "Maru-kun's a bit protective of me."

It wasn't meant to sound threatening, but something gave the impression that to take Maru lightly could end badly.
Active CharactersShow

Versesai

Post by Versesai » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:52 pm

It was a relief when Omoi didn't ask about Eikei, Jinseie wasn't entirely sure how that conversation would end up. Whatever Eikei was, it was too complicated to express in words right now and that would've just been more fun for Jinseie to wrestle with while in this mood he was already. About the time that Omoi caught Kikei in his little comment, Jinseie's mood shifted back to annoyed and Kikei looked acceptably ashamed with himself as Jinseie just sighed, looking to Omoi. "The problem is, this is normal for him...I swear, I never thought something like him could be such a bold faced pervert..." he muttered, causing Kikei to actually turn his head a little, as if looking away. "Not my fault humans are prettier than Nue..." he muttered, while Jinseie put his hand over his face and sighed.

As she explained about her boyfriend however, Jinseie just snickered a bit. It was true, Omoi was cute. But that was it. Something in Jinseie wouldn't let anything more be processed. Sure, she was sweet. Kind. And already attached to someone else. Even worse, Jinseie wasn't entirely sure that he was anywhere close to closed with Eikei...

Kikei just grumbled now. "All the cute ones are taken..." he muttered, looking to Jinseie as he once again recognized the look of intense thought on Jinseie's face, but to keep Omoi from noticing it the summon decided to strike up something else. "So what's your boyfriend like? You sound pretty taken with the guy..."
InactiveShow

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Omoi met with and helped care for people of many different creeds and ways of life on a daily basis. If there had been one thing she picked up besides iijutsu, it was how to read people. The kunoichi could see the worry, the uncertainty, that hid behind his eyes. She couldn't say for sure what it focused on, but considering the fleetingly intense gaze Jinseie had given her, she imagined that it might be about a young woman he had met before. Though it pained her that she could do nothing to help quell his fears, she did her best to leave it be, allowing Kikei to divert the conversation to something more peaceable.

"Well... Maru-kun and I were on the same team," she began as Omoi's warm chakra flowed to even the smallest injuries, many of the scars he had arrived with now gone. "And at first, he seemed really cold and detached, like he didn't want anything to do with anyone else. It worried me at times, because I thought that I was doing something wrong."

Her smile widened as she continued. "But then he changed. He started becoming more open and we got to spend more time together. Eventually, I found that there were things about him that I really admired: his levelheadedness, his confidence... and his sense of compassion. Eventually... I fell for him... and I was lucky enough that he felt the same way, even when I had no faith in myself."

Omoi turned her gaze to Jinseie. "Jinseie-dono... I know it's not easy... but whatever it is you're facing... promise me you won't give up hope, okay?" she asked, giving as comforting of a smile as she could manage and praying that she hadn't touched a nerve.
Active CharactersShow

Versesai

Post by Versesai » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:19 am

He was at least glad that the check up was going okay. He'd been a bit worried that she'd encounter a problem with the bear's bite mark or he'd die from some stupid disease or minor injury he'd picked up. It was not a particularly fun thought to be worried about, either...

The way she looked at him though, Jinseie just tilted his head a little but paid her no direct attention, preferring to keep his gaze on other things. Kikei or the window, perhaps. She was worried, he could tell. Or was she merely being polite and taking an interest in her patient like a good nurse did? That was a question Jinseie didn't feel like delving into right now. It was wrong but having someone take a genuine interest in his well-being, even if it was superficial or polite, made him feel a little better. Reminded him of when Eikei was here, how she'd fawned over his wounds. He actually smirked a little at this, their first exchange playing back in his head now. He'd grown in the months, he wondered if she'd notice.

Omoi's explanation captivated Jinseie and Kikei's attentions for the duration of the next several moments, her obvious concern for her boyfriend touching Jinseie only enough to make him smile but at the same time he closed his eyes, letting Kikei drink the details up. Creature hadn't been around people enough to really get stories much, so he let him have his moment. Kikei did indeed drink it up, he was usually disinterested in Jinseie's stories but a pretty girl telling him, he was completely alright with this.

The real shock came when she turned to Jinseie and addressed him, touching the sore spot in his chest and he reflexively smiled as he did every time Eikei brought up, but it wasn't real. His family had asked, he'd kept in touch with various instructors and the reaction was the same. 'We don't know. We're sorry.' and he'd smile like it was no bother.

"It's...I'm fine, I assure you. We're ninja. It happens. I'll deal with it." he replied, smiling at her now with a semblance of truth to it. The truest part was that he was dealing with it. Slowly, patiently. Reserving the true acceptance for when it was confirmed she was gone...
InactiveShow

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:13 am

Omoi's gentle gaze continued to linger for just a little while longer, hoping to find something, anything that she could do to help. Then, with a simple nod, she let it drop; trying to force the information out of the genin would only end badly.

Just a few moments after their conversation ended, the last of Jinseie's scars vanished. Not a single marring mark remained of his months upon months of training. Omoi dabbed at her brow with a small handkerchief, the process having taken a little bit out of the kunoichi. "Well, that should do it, Jinseie-dono!" she chimed cheerily as she handed him back his shirt in a neatly folded bundle. "I'm glad, too; a few of those scars worried me a bit. Why don't you stand up and stretch a bit just to check?"

She stepped back to give him some room, making his way to the seat right next to Kikei. Her hand idly stretched out and began to scritch the cat-like creature underneath the chin before slowly progressing behind the left ear. Hopefully, Kikei would enjoy the "special treatment."
Active CharactersShow

Versesai

Post by Versesai » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:59 pm

It was nice to have someone who knew the finer arts of medical techniques, because Jinseie's self repair process was usually more force than finesse. Exact chakra control was hard for him when he couldn't readily see the results, like with Doton techniques. In the instances of Iijutsu, it came down to having to feel when the right amount of chakra and the right edge to it was obtained...Which Jinseie did alright with, but in some situations his chakra was just too unstable from exhaustion or wounds and he had to settle for alleviating the damage and not healing it. Omoi was skillful compared to him at least.

As she told him to stand he smiled and he climbed off the table, inwardly groaning as he felt the muscles start to move. He took his jacket from her as she handed it to him, as his top was actually part of his full-body shinobi suit that was still down around his waist and he nodded his thanks as he began to shift from side to side a little, lifting his arms up a bit and flexing various muscles, putting his palms together and pressing them, basically making every muscle in his chest move in various ways. They were stiff and somewhat unwilling to work exactly properly and he knew that was because they had just been healed, literally, and that meant they were completely new.

Kikei, for his part, was purring. Not just making a nice sound, but literally purring with vibrations spreading through his body as Omoi paid her attention to him, eventually ending up with his head resting against Omoi's side and him basically acting like a kitten. The creature would never admit it but his ears were sensitive...

Jinseie's stretching didn't take much longer and once his was satisfied he wasn't going to fall apart, he set his jacket down and began to slide his arms back inside his shirt, finding a few muscles he hadn't tested as he did. His top came back up quickly and he adjusted the part around his neck a little, nodding now. "Thank you very much, Omoi-san." Jinseie said now, smiling at her. "Much better. I don't feel anything else wrong. Is there any more we need to do?"
InactiveShow

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:01 pm

Omoi watched the young man stretch out his muscles so as to test them and she observed her handiwork, pleased and just a little bit proud. Tissue that had been stained reddish purple from constant physical abuse was now the light tan it was supposed to be, conforming in appearance and health to the rest of the genin's toned body. "Just a couple more things, Jinseie-dono," she responded, still scritching Kikei's ear as she turned to butter under Omoi's gentle touch. "Make sure you come back regularly for checkups. You shouldn't over work yourself... And try to remember what I told you, okay? I know we just met, but I'll always be here should you ever need someone to talk to."

In the end, it was all that Omoi could do for him. Hopefully, it would be enough...
Active CharactersShow

Versesai

Post by Versesai » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:22 pm

It was a good feeling to have his body back to one-hundred percent, at least in appearance. He was used to doing training with bandages and wounds, so to actually move without tendrils of pain shooting all over him was an odd feeling actually. He did a little testing springing on his feet and felt a little heavier for some reason, though he supposed it was a good thing. He was busy making sure he could think of nothing else to say while she spoke to him, providing both advice and a semblance of comfort. It was her final words that made him look up at her finally, blinking away a sort of confusion before he just smiled a bit. "I understand, but don't worry about me Omoi-san. I'll be fine...And I'll come back soon, after I become a Chuunin." he said. His lips had been somewhat down, his eyes had held a dimmer light, but when he mentioned the words Chuunin he grinned and he shifted on his feet slightly.

Once he was sure she was finished, he bowed his head down low and smile again. "I'll let you get back to you duties now. Thank you for taking care of me and Kikei." he said now, moving to walk over to Kikei.

Kikei was busy getting his attention and barely heard his summoners words until Jinseie was tapping him on the forehead, causing the summon to open his eyes and stare up at Jinseie blankly, before going 'Oh' and shifting a little, an expression of 'Aww' on his lips as he stood back up on all fours. He looked up at Omoi sadly with an almost 'Pleasedon'tlethimtakeme' expression and rubbed his head up against her again...

Jinseie, unfortunately, wasn't giving Kikei time to con his way into Omoi's life and he just brushed Kikie's tail with his foot, a clear threat of tailstomping if movement wasn't forthcoming. Kikei grumbled as he brushed past Omoi, trailing out of the exam room as Jinseie did another half bow. "Thank you once again Omoi-san." he said as he walked past her, picking his survival pack up off the ground now as he stepped out into the room.

Once outside, Kikie was already padding down the hall and Jinseie caught up as they rounded the corner into the lobby, both of them heading towards the door. Before they exited though, Jinseie made a hmning noise. Just to tease Kikei a little, he put one hand to his chin. "...You know, Kikei...You need a check up some day too." he said thoughtfully, grinning a little. Kikei's eyes shot open and the Nue stood up straight, already excited. "Wh-a reaally?! Really?! You are the bes-" "After the chuunin exams, so you better be ready!" he called to Kikei as he opened the doors and stepped outside, Kikei bounding off after him.

It took one swift motion for Jinseie to climb onto Kikei's back and the nue leapt into the air, a cloud of smoke erupting under his feet as he left the ground. Now, to go home and rest...
InactiveShow

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”