Agony

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

Agony

Post by Das Kirb » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Cold, the air seemed to make everything so cold. The world was deprived of everything. She had been numb all day from the sad news that came in from that tower of madness. A single man brought her to tears. It took the words of one man, the writing across one page, to bring Naka to her tears.

At the time she couldn’t say anything. She shut down and went completely cold and numb. Not even the best efforts of her own loving parents brought her from her stupor. All Naka did was go in and sit on her bed, sit there and look at the floor. Hours went by as time seemed to freeze forever. The crumpled piece of paper in her hand told the entire story of her pain.
  • “On a mission for the village of Iwagakure no Sato we regret to inform that Amaya Reiha has been reported as M.I.A. Reiha and her sensei have been ambushed by an unknown group of missing shinobi. Nothing is known about this group besides the number of assailants. We have reason to believe that number is 6 shinobi of C rank or higher. After an investigation into the attack from surrounding farmers and villagers we have come to the conclusion that all members of the mission party have been killed.”
    Signed - Tsuchikage Chuutetsu, Ishidai
Naka’s hand trembled a final time as she brought the paper up one more time to read the words it held, hoping it was all a bad dream. Every time she read them it sank in a little more. Naka was alone. She had let someone get inside her mind and loved them, not just used them, and that person was gone. Finally, she let it come to reality.

The world was cold and dark, nothing in it held the light that Reiha had given her. Complete torment came to the front of her mind as she clutched at the pounding in her chest, leaving deep gashes from her own nails digging into meat. Fear, longing, pain, hatred, and shame, it all came to bare as Naka was overrun.

Alone in the shadows of her own room Naka cried. Each tear was like acid as it slipped through her eyes and down her cheek. Nothing seemed to come but torment. ”Why!?! Why did you steal her!?! There are a thousand other people in this village that don’t deserve life yet you take hers!!!” She screamed behind clenched teeth, a small trickle of blood rolling down her chin. Pain was all she felt, and she would hunt and inflict that pain upon her love’s murderers.

”Reiha, you worthless weapon! You let yourself get stolen from me.” Something began to change in the room with Naka’s torment and resolve building. Her eyes scanned the room to look at a picture of the beautiful assassin, still covered in blood from her last spar with Naka. ”No, you’ve been stolen but you did not leave me.” The picture brought Naka to her knees, but it released what she really wanted.

”Why wasn’t I there Reiha? Why didn’t you take me with you?” A strange light flooded the room. Everything around her seemed to completely change. A thin coat was forming. Finally, after the pain had grown to consume her, Naka broke. ”WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The wires that Naka had been keeping in the corner of the room began to warp twist and melt as the metal swirled around her. Agony, the murderer’s would quake at her torment. Naka rose to her feet, the ever present flame in her eyes burning brighter than suns. Her blood hung suspended around her instead of falling to the ground. The melting metal and blood mixed in the swirling air around her. A glimmering crimson red, a stained sword, was all that she saw now.

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”