- - Mission - - Fun stuff

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Sun May 22, 2011 9:26 pm

viewtopic.php?&t=4295477/1/#new

The hot sun was high in the clear, blue sky when the large caravan of camels arrived at the place they had rented. They started taking things off of the camels and setting things up. The process was slow going, due to the fact that one of their men had died while working, and was, obviously unable to help.

The fair owner stood at the edge of the area, surveying the work, and waiting for the man’s replacement to arrive. It was important that he get the fair set up on time, or he would be out big bucks. He just hoped the ninja would arrive soon.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Wed May 25, 2011 8:06 am

Ishi approached silently. Not because he was trying to be stealthy, but because the silence suited him. The Sakebi acknowledged the man who was surveying the work, and gave an acknowledging bow. "Sakebi, Ishi reporting." Ishi would merely wait for orders, and then execute them to the best of his ability.
NOTE: I won't be here on weekends. My being gone then doesn't mean I've abandoned you or the site.
Jesamin, SakakiKonohagakureJounin-[color=#ff34b3]
[color=3cc8800]Samata, Jiigo[/color][color=3cc8800]SunagakureGeninNefarious
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=#cc8800]Aoichio, Sensuke
KumogakureChuunin-[color=#CD4F39]Shirou, IrukaKirigakure
Genin-[color=#0080ab]Sakebi, IshiIwagakure
Chuunin-[color=#84462b][/center][/center][/center][/color][/center][/center][/center][/center]
[color=3cc8800]

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Sat May 28, 2011 7:46 am

"Hey, ki- whoa, you're huge. How old are you again? No matter, I lost a man and I need your help. I'm told you're strong. You'll be assigned to group B for now, so go report to that guy over there to ask exactly what to do."

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Mon May 30, 2011 8:09 pm

Ishi nodded at his order, choosing not to give an answer to the question, since the man didn't wait to receive one. Ishi merely approached the man and bowed, introducing himself the same as before, and then awaiting a response and an order.
NOTE: I won't be here on weekends. My being gone then doesn't mean I've abandoned you or the site.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
Chuunin-[color=#84462b][/center][/center][/center][/color][/center][/center][/center][/center]
[color=3cc8800]

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:25 am

"You're my help? Dude, perfect, you're massive. All right, head on over there and grab that beam with Bob and help him move it over there. You can just stick with Bob and help him out. He was the one who lost a partner." The make kept spurting off unneeded information as the boy walked away. Bob saw the kid approaching and picked up his side of the beam, not even talking or introducing himself.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:47 am

The man to which he had been referred did seem to be struggling with that beam. Ishi approached it and lifted one end with a single arm, looking towards "Bob" with as friendly a look as his emotionless exterior could allow. "Name's Ishi," he said, introducing himself for the third time today. He "Need help?"
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:57 am

The man grunted as he hefted the beam to his shoulder, barely turning his head to answer.

"Bob.Yeah, just follow my lead." Around them, people moved as busily as ever. Boards swung through the air, men wiped sweat from their brows, camels farted, and the leader of the group barked out orders. They seemed to be used to this whole thing. Bob lead the boy over to a pile of beams several feet away and shoved the beam onto the pile before returning to the camels. He grabbed four large coils of rope and began walking over to another part of th site while expecting the boy to do the same. There were a few ropes left for him to grab.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:52 pm

Ishi nodded, grabbing the ropes and moving on, following the elder man's lead. Ishi seemed less encumbered by his load than the man he was sent to help, but he was also far less familiar with the turf, the scenery, and the goings on. Ishi had to follow slowly to get around the bustling people and the workers all around. The animals being led one way, more building equipment being taken another. It took much longer than it should have, in Ishi's opinion, for him to get where he needed to be going.

He dropped the ropes in the same place as his oddly named companion, and looked up, awaiting further orders wordlessly.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:39 am

The man seemed to approve of the boy's apparent ability to lift and carry heavy things, but said nothing. He was not the talkative type, but made a point to nod whenever the boy did something right.

The next load of items was canvas. There were several large folded piles of the waterproofed cloth that all needed to be carried over to a new pile. The man was only able to lift one at a time, but made quick work of moving back and forth to speed up the process, expecting the boy to do the same.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:46 am

Ishi followed along, and now the object was canvas. A prouder shinobi would have been disgruntled at having been reduced to the status of a pack mule, but a mission is a ninja. Ishi was helping his country with this, however unimportant it may have seemed at the time. The man hoisted a single bit of canvas. It did look rather heavy, but Ishi was confident he could take more than--

"Urrrgh! Ishi grunted as he made the attempt. It seemed one at a time would not happen. Bob, there, was apparently much a stronger than Ishi had initially guess. He picked up one with a silent effort, and hurried as much as one encumbered could to catch up. Back and forth, back and forth, the pair hoisted, walked, and dropped more units than Ishi cared to count. By the time it was all finished, the boy's back, legs and arms were beginning to ache, and the faintest hint of a sweat was breaking out over him. It was quiet work, and long, and exhausting, but Ishi appreciated the chance to exert himself and exercise while helping his village. Complete a mission, and get stronger? Sounded like a plan to Ishi.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 am

The leader of the circus group walked over to the ninja with a smile on his face. "Looks like you're worth your weight in ryo in the mule department, haha. Well, I think Bob over here has one more thing for you to do, and then you can be off! Thanks, kid." And he went back to barking orders. Bob did, indeed need help with one last thing. He went up to the gathered supplies and began attaching ropes to the corners of the tent. Then he spoke, his voice thundering forth. "All right, ya lilly livered scallywags, get yer rumps over here and let's raise this here tent!" And then he was silent again. When everyone was in place, they would all begin pulling on the cords that were attached to raise the tent.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:59 am

Ishi nodded when told he could be off soon, and then raised an eyebrow as Bob spoke, sure that it was some kind of joke. The voice may have been, but the order was not, and a large number of people seemed to be getting ready to do just as commanded. Ishi did the same, taking a set of rope as close to Bob as possible, so as to take his cues from him. Ishi would do just as Bob did, making sure that he didn't screw it up. He'd use both arms, not sure just how much strength would be needed for it, but would watch those around him carefully to make sure he had it right.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:09 am

And with that, the tent was up. The boy would get a thump on the back from all who saw his work, and indeed a recommendation for similar work in the future. The circus was all set up. The day was saved. And they boy didn't have to even say much. Mission accomplished.

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”