[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

yaksha

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by yaksha » Sun May 29, 2011 10:42 am

"Alright, kid. Your job today is simple. No heroics, no killing, nothing like that. This is a routine job; everyone's gone on it at some point or another. That means you're gonna have to try pretty damn hard to fuck it up." The speaker was a relatively well-built kunoichi, with her platinum-blonde hair tied up in a severe bun. She wore two long black boots, and she was glancing down at Daisho as if he were some new, interesting, and disgusting species of insect. "You walk around town. You keep your eyes open. You look for any sign, ANY SIGN AT ALL, of a fire. And you get rid of it. If it's too big, you call for help. Start a water chain, do what you have to do. Costs a lot less to give you a bucket and have you walk around than to rebuild a burnt building."

A single hand shot out, holding a bucket that was easily five pounds even without water; it could've easily been a good 25 pounds wet. "You're a suiton user, right? That means this couldn't be any easier."

[S-rank Missing-ninKirigakureYaksha • • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:4 C:9 D:0]

[Jounin • Konohagakure • Haidou • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]

CorgiBro

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by CorgiBro » Sun May 29, 2011 10:56 am

Daisho stood there silently as the woman gave him his orders. He was given the duty of dousing fires throughout Iwagakure, exciting him to no end. The mere thought of being able to use his abilities for a greater good gave him that warm tingly feeling. Every so often between her sentences he would nod in understanding, wanting to make sure not to leave a poor impression before he left on his patrol. Everything seemed to be running clear in his mind. See a fire? Douse it. Can't douse it? Call for help. He kept his mind off of more pessimistic outcomes, feeling confident that no fire was going to prevail over his Suiton.

"Yes ma'm! Undestood!" he replied, saluting to her before heaving the bucket with both hands before taking his leave. Just as he made it outside, he formed a set of seals before pulling water from the air and flowing it into the bucket. It was quite the process, seeing as how the air was somewhat dry and the bucket was fairly deep. Daisho just wanted some water on hand in case a small fire broke out.

After filling it with about two gallons, he lifted it again with both hands, trudging it along as he went in search for fire and smoke.

---
Mizu Sousei [Water Creation]
D-Rank Suiton Ninjutsu
By making use of the water particles in the air, Daisho is able to create water from relatively dry environments. By performing a set of seals, he is able to create and suspend up to five gallons of water for up to two posts. Any further manipulation of the water requires another jutsu. The water can be created anywhere within a three meter radius of Daisho
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters
Ueretsu, NobuoGenin of Iwagakure no SatoMissionsSocials

yaksha

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by yaksha » Mon May 30, 2011 3:35 am

The bucket was quite heavy, and the day was almost oppressively hot. After a good ten minutes of walking, a lot of the enthusiasm had been boiled away by the sun, and the weight. There weren't any fires nearby, that Daisho could see, but the smell of smoke was beginning to drift to his nose from some distance away. All he could tell was that there was something burning nearby; a cooking fire? Or a full-fledged inferno? There was no way to be sure yet, but a few people nearby had expressions that made it quite clear they smelled the smoke, too. "Oh, what is this? They know they're not supposed to leave their fires unattended when the weather's like this!"

"I guess it won't be long before something goes up in flames, then..."

CorgiBro

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by CorgiBro » Mon May 30, 2011 7:08 am

Patrolling lost its novelty when nothing had happened almost instantaneously, but he attempted to keep a vigilant watch for smoke and fire. Seconds turn to minutes, and minutes turned into a couple more minutes until he finally caught wind of an ashy aroma drifting his way. He knew that this could his first fire of the day, gently placing the bucket down to relieve his arms as his nose took to the sky. His nostrils flared a few times as he took deep whiffs of the air around him. Daisho looked utterly absurd but it wasn't without reason. There was most definitely more than a hint of smoke in the air and it didn't seem like it was too far away, but he couldn't see it.

His hands reached for the bucket as he looked around, trying to find the source of the smoke and noticed the villagers around him. Only a few seconds passed until his cheeks began to blush at his slightly embarrassing actions earlier. He tried to avoid eye contact with most of them, but in doing so he started making even more eye contact. It was only then did he notice that they were making similar, but more discreet, actions that he had earlier. Perhaps they had smelled the same exact thing that he had.

Making his way over, he called out, "Excuse me, but do any of you think that you could point me in the direction of that smoky smell?"
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

yaksha

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by yaksha » Tue May 31, 2011 6:45 am

A few of them began to scratch their chins, clearly lost in thought. Neither of them spoke for a full minute, before they finally all began to shout at once. "I heard it was-"

"-Over by the parks, smells just like"

"Meat! Someone's just cooking, get-"

"Over there before the whole city burns down!"

Clearly they weren't going to be any help, as they all began to shout and argue amongst themselves, the quality of the noise making it impossible for anything short of a shout to be heard by Daisho. Had he chosen to look up, he could've seen some small tendrils of smoke coiling about a block or two away. Clearly, this was bigger than a cooking fire, but he'd need to hurry to get there in time.

One man on the block didn't seem unduly preoccupied by the arguing, simply shading his vision and watching the smoke curl through the air with a sort of apathy.

CorgiBro

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by CorgiBro » Tue May 31, 2011 9:43 am

Fragments of shouts all melded together into strange, but complete sentences. Daisho nodded quickly as he scrambled to find the source of the fire. Someone had mentioned about the parks and the aroma of meat, so he quickly peered into the sky as he aimed his vision towards places where cooking was allowed in parks. To his avail he found signs of smoke mere blocks away, but in order to ensure that he made it on time, he had to run as fast as he could. His hands once again found the obnoxiously heavy bucket and he began bounding towards the smoke. Before he left, he turned and shouted a quick thanks to the citizens for helping him out.

It was awkward carrying that bucket and running at the same time, straining both of his shoulders as he swiftly turned the corner. Down he ran with the bucket, losing minimal amounts of water from the bucket as it swayed back and forth. There was still plenty in there, but he had doubts about this much water dousing whatever flames he was headed towards. He most definitely would need Suiton in order to accomplish this mission.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

yaksha

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by yaksha » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:02 pm

There was a single fire in the middle of the park, and a man tossing large handfuls of dirt that he had clearly found nearby onto it. The fire was fizzling, clearly suffocated of air by the constant tossing; it may well have been all that was keeping it from spreading. The man's face was breaking out in sweat, and he was laughing nervously as he kept piling dirt onto the crackling flames. "I-uh, sorry there. Seems I kinda...used too much fuel..." He gestured to the fire, as he waddled a short distance away to grab another handful of sand and tossed it. "Is that water? Oh, thank God; I was getting tired!"

CorgiBro

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by CorgiBro » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:30 pm

"Oi oi!" Daisho shouted out, bounding towards the fire and tossing the water from the bucket. Unfortunately for him, and perhaps the man, he missed and the water flew towards the fire-starter. Although initially embarrassed, he had to quell the fire first before apologizing for his lacking the ability to aim. A clank followed the bucket's fall as Daisho's fingers quickly intertwined with one another while chakra gathered within his body. Swiftly he completed the necessary seals and created a large orb of water above the fire before dropping it atop the fire, hopefully dousing the fire for good.

His gaze then turned to the man, wondering how this all happened. "Are you okay sir?" was all he could ask before the thought that more fires were blazing around him came to mind. Although this man's safety was important, if there were more fires then he had more work to do.
---
SpoilerShow
Mizu Sousei [Water Creation]
D-Rank Suiton Ninjutsu
By making use of the water particles in the air, Daisho is able to create water from relatively dry environments. By performing a set of seals, he is able to create and suspend up to five gallons of water for up to two posts. Any further manipulation of the water requires another jutsu. The water can be created anywhere within a three meter radius of Daisho.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

yaksha

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by yaksha » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:49 am

"Yeah, I'm...fine...I just kinda forgot how long it had been since it rained. I wanted to make sure we had a nice big bonfire for our party tonight. I guess I made it too big, didn't I..." He sounded slightly sheepish, as he shuffled away, muttering under his breath. "Oh, uh! Before I forget, kid. My brother was out grabbing some more lighter fluid, in case it went out. I think he headed towards the center of Iwa. You should probably make sure he didn't spill any on a hot wall or something. He's a big klutz, but I had to watch the fire, so...yeah..."

Again, the man from earlier was watching from behind his hand, shielding himself from the sun. He didn't seem to give any reaction at all, but he stared at Daisho, and nodded just slightly.

CorgiBro

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by CorgiBro » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:33 am

If Daisho were more of pessimist, he would've thought that half the village was burned down by now, but he kept his head held high as he thanked the man for the information and left. His legs bounded towards the center of the village while his arms attempted to support the bucket that he had put down earlier. It was emptied from the earlier dousing, but hefty nonetheless. Such a little weight wasn't taking its toll on his yet, but it was slowly draining the strength from his arms. He would've left it with the woman whom had given him the mission earlier, not doing so because he feared that it was secretly part of the mission.

As he neared the center, he kept his eyes peeled for a man blundering around with oil in his hands.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

yaksha

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by yaksha » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 am

As Daisho made it into the town square, he could see tiny black puddles; oil or grease, no doubt. They seemed to follow a clear path, so it was a safe bet that whatever was being used to carry the oil was leaking, now. After following the path of oil drips, Daisho could hear, not too far off, the sound of labored breathing, and sloshing fluids. There was something else that COULD'VE been human speech, but it was hard to tell just yet. More importantly, there were at least a dozen people on this street; there was no fire yet, but when one popped up, there could be some severe problems.

CorgiBro

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by CorgiBro » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:23 pm

It didn't take a pair of eagle eyes, chakra-enhanced eyes or even the famed Byakugan to see the foreign substance that had trailed its way into the center of the city. The streets weren't amazingly crowded, but it didn't mean that a fire could cause irreparable damage to city structures or even burn people. Still, he needed to find the source of the liquid as soon as possible and hopefully prevent a fire instead of putting one out. Thus his eyes scoured the streets, but it was his ears that caught the culprit. It was faint for a few moments, but once he had his mind focused on the wet noise that was being produced by what he presumed to be the container, it was easy enough to speed up and head in that general direction.

Once the man's brother was in high, Daisho yelled, "Excuse me sir!" It took a few moments before he realized that he could've been referencing anyone, so he decided to modify it a little bit. "Excuse me, but your brother's waiting for you in the park!" One could only hope that the specificity would halt the man's movements enough for the young genin to catch up with him.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

yaksha

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by yaksha » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:41 am

"Shitshitshitshitshit...I know, but this container has a leak! If I take it to him, there won't be any left. And who knows what'll happen if I leave this stuff out here for anyone to slip on!" He sounded just as frantic as his brother, carrying a surprisingly large jug between his hands, and trying to move as quickly as possible without sloshing the contents about; it created a strange stiff-legged walk, as he made another nervous laugh. "Uh...I...uh...yeah...this day is just getting all kinds of bad. Think you could lend a hand? Just need to get this thing somewhere it can leak without hurting anyone."

CorgiBro

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by CorgiBro » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:20 pm

It wasn't so much bothersome that this man had so much combustible oil in his hands on a blistering hot day, but the fact that he was waddling his way towards the center of the city that made the young genin question the man's sanity. Picking up his speed a bit, he quickly took off his shirt and left nothing to the imagination when it came to his bare torso. He attempted to use his shirt as a plug for the oil, keeping pace with the other brother. His free arm tended to the weight of the jug, hoping to ease some of the literal weight off the man's shoulders. Daisho looked around, wondering if he could call on the help of anyone else, but reeled his head back in and asked the man, "Sir, where did you intend on going with this jug exactly? The middle of the city doesn't seem like the brightest idea."
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

yaksha

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by yaksha » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:21 am

"I was going...uh...back to the store...they sold me the stuff, but they didn't tell me the container was so fragile. I was going to get someone to help me clean this stuff up, and make sure the next one won't leak. Problem is, I was having a little trouble finding it again." He began to cough under his breath, and he glanced down in shame, before murmuring slightly. "I just wanted a picnic; I didn't realize this day was going to be so stressful..." He took the shirt from Daisho, wrapping it around the container, and setting it down. "I think I heard that someone else was having trouble with his air conditioner. Maybe you should go check it out? He said he lived on the north side of the village."

CorgiBro

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by CorgiBro » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:25 am

With the near certain catastrophe out of the way, Daisho awkwardly ran across the village with his bare chest flaunting an under-muscled torso. Beads of sweat began dripping from his dampened head that reminded him that this would've been a stranger sight on any other day, provided that day wasn't also blistering hot. He still attempted to maintain a constant speed as he headed north to this potential air conditioning problem. How word travels about a broken air conditioner was beyond him altogether, but broken machinery always meant a potential fire and that's what he was on the lookout for today. The only problem now was somehow identifying where the problem was and how he planned on fixing it with no knowledge on air conditioners.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

yaksha

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by yaksha » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:56 am

As soon as Daisho made it to the north side of town, he would've quickly realized there was no need to fix the broken air conditioner; thick black smoke was pouring out of a nearby window, and there was the sound of screaming inside. They weren't cries of agony yet, but simply shouts of fear. A stone went soaring through the open window, and from inside the shout was easily heard. "Someone help me! This is the only room that's not burning yet, and even I don't know how long I've got left!"

CorgiBro

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by CorgiBro » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:35 am

Daisho had never uttered a mean phrase or word in his life, but it didn't prevent him from thinking them. As he neared the burning building he heard a voice screaming from within its fiery confines. After he forced himself to not yell anything crude or crass, he leapt up into the window, careful as to not touch any of the glass, rolling into the room. He could very well have rolled into the fire itself, but traversing up the stairs could have been more hazardous and for the sake of time he maneuvered as dangerously as he did. Coughing through the smoke he yelled, "Where are- you?!"
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

yaksha

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by yaksha » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:55 am

"I'm in my bedroom! I managed to block out most of the smoke, but the fire's not gonna stop before I die!" He was frantic, a banging sound issuing from a door on the other side of the room. The flames were licking hungrily at the walls, and crawling up to the ceiling, as a few coughs issued from inside. "Please hurry; I'm burning up in here!" The doorknob didn't appear to have been touched by the fire just yet, but with all the heat radiating from the flames, touching it directly could lead to a nasty burn...

CorgiBro

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by CorgiBro » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:17 am

Hearing the voice of the man through whatever door he was trapped behind, Daisho rushed towards the necessary destination. It wasn't difficult to locate where the noise was coming from, but getting there was the tricky part as he attempted to not inhale too much of the smoke or get caught in the blazing inferno around him. Eventually he had gotten to a door, figuring that the man trapped within these fiery confines was directly on the other side waiting for help.

"Stand away from the door!" Daisho yelled, already performing a string of seals. The technique he was about to performing would not only erase some of the current flames, but would dampen the door so that it was easier to break down. As soon as he completed the seals, he expelled water from his mouth that formed a whirlpool that flowed towards the door. His hopes were that it would dampen and break down the door in one fell swoop.
---
SpoilerShow
Uzumaki [Whirlpool]
C-Rank Suiton Ninjutsu
A technique made for capture, after performing a set of seals, Daisho will expel water from his mouth. The water will flow through the air towards a single target at a speed equal to the average of his control and ninjutsu, with a maximum of seven. Daisho is able to slightly control the water’s movements, at a maximum of ninety degrees up to two times. Constant concentration is needed if he is going to control the water, and thus is unable to use any other techniques while controlling the water. Once the water reaches the target, it will begin to form a whirlpool around them. The whirlpool will prevent anyone with a strength of four or lower from leaving it. The whirlpool is much like an aquatic tornado, standing at three meters high and one meter in radius. This technique can be dispersed by anything of moderate strength except Katon, in which it would need hit with something a little stronger to evaporate the water. This causes no other physical damage aside from any received normally from rushing water.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

yaksha

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by yaksha » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:11 pm

The water began to swirl towards the doorway, striking it with an angry hiss of steam and the sound of cracking wood. The voice on the other end turned into a strangled yelp, and a man could be seen rushing out, tackling Daisho and beginning to laugh madly. "Oh god, thank you, thank you! I...you...you saved my life. If there's anything you ever need, just let me know." The man's face was wet, though it was impossible to tell if it was from tears or water. He was grinning madly, until he glanced up at the still burning parts of the home.

"Uhhh...don't suppose you have a way out of here?"

OOC: I know I said 3 fires, but fuck it. Get out of here and you're done.

CorgiBro

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by CorgiBro » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:40 pm

As much as he wanted and needed to put out the flames, this man's life was in danger and hopefully the person who had originally assigned him this mission would be able to understand his position in this situation. Quickly he looked around, attempting to assess the quickest way out of the house, figuring that it would be difficult to navigate through the house with the fire. The only exit he could think of was the way he came in originally, which was through the window. He didn't remember the height to be too high, so he took his chances and said, "Sir, follow me!" as he brought him to the door and leapt out.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

yaksha

[Mission] Hot, Hot, Hot!

Post by yaksha » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:11 am

As soon as he leapt outside, he saw a familiar figure; for the third time, the silent spectator was standing outside the house, glancing from him to the saved villager, and back towards the smoke-filled house. He gave a small, almost imperceptible grin, formed several handseals slowly, with great care, and began to spit. A large globule of water shot towards the building, crashing through the window Daisho had just left, and sending a sizzling sound into the air. The man looked down at Saigo, giving a small tip of an invisible hat, and chuckling. "Good call, kid; there's plenty more shinobi to fight the fire. There's only one guy on the inside that can get people out. I was hoping you'd make the right choice."

He lay a hand on Daisho's head, and ruffled his hair slightly. "I'll make sure they know what went down here."

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”