Check Ups and Downs

Entei

Check Ups and Downs

Post by Entei » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:04 pm

The weather outside looked pretty glum, as if a cold front were on its way. Not exactly a friendly sky to be under. Fortunately, Reina happens to like muggy and morose days. They're like cold slaps to the back, telling her that there are better things to do than enjoy something as fickle as weather. Unfortunately, she happened to be inside, and would probably be there for a while. Her mother set an appointment for her physical a week ago, and so here she is, waiting in a chair against the wall in the cold and sterile reception room. With her left leg crossed over the other, she just wanted to get this over with. They had better have suckers here. Her mind was on free candy, so she did not pay much attention to the sore thumb sitting two seats down from her.
[c][spoiler=Gif of the Week][center][img]http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/enteisb1/signatures/Gifs/TeamAwesome_zps8a018e65.gif[/img][/center][/spoiler]
Training Thread||Socials: 123456

Trurouno

Check Ups and Downs

Post by Trurouno » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:44 pm

"God damn it" Hisao cursed loudly as he turned his back on the reception and stormed back to his seat. The day had been long enough, it would be bloody awful if he had to spend the rest of it sitting in a reception room. Hisao was in the hospital for a reason, though it wasn't because of some sort of accident or slip while training. Perhaps if it was he would have a little more patience, perhaps that way he could justify having to wait behind people that were much worse. No, Hisao's problem was a lot more personal. He was looking for someone, and with such an absence he had decided to check the hospitals. He had come here to ask about their patient records, but they were never going to be as compliant as he hoped. After a while he had ended up convincing them it was a good enough cause to justify someone being sent his way but they were taking their sweet time.

The drab setting and deathly attitude of the place didn't help. In fact the vague twiddling of his thumbs was the only thing keeping Hisao somewhat stable as he tried with all his might to stay patient. It was probably his mind getting the best of him, just something little like that which could be explained perfectly. . . but something told him to check and make sure. I.R.U was starting to come together, everything was beginning to make progress, but it seemed like nothing could be perfect. With a heavy sigh Hisao sat back in the chair and tried to calm himself down. It was just a quibble, he tried to convince himself of that but something still gnawed away back there and told him to take action. . . But what else could he do, I.R.U was still just an idea. . .

His mind wandering Hisao found himself glancing around the room, chin firmly set on his wrist. There were all sort of people ranging from the extreme with broken bones and great gashes to the little girl's like the one sat two seats down. But oddly enough, not that many of them were Shinobi. He could only suppose that most with small injuries could get them solved by teammates while the more serious ones were more deserving of the medical nin's quick attention. They probably had a whole ward of Shinobi, but not where the innocent public could see them. In fact, the only Shinboi Hisao really took notice of was the young girl sat a few seats away. "What are you in for?" he found himself asking, the prison slang oddly fitting for the white walled building.
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?Show
FIGHT DA POWA!!!
CharactersShow
+
- Osamu Hisao - Genin - Iwa -
- 48/48 points - I.R.U -

+
- Toukai Emiko - Chuunin - Kiri -
- 0/0 points -

+
- Awai Ruadhri - Genin - Konoha -
- 0/0 points -

+

Entei

Check Ups and Downs

Post by Entei » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:28 pm

She caught onto the humor instantly, the dearth of activity in her brain sucking it up with yearning and delight. "I killed a few people. You know, the usual." It was said with the type of apathy that she shows...well, most of the time, but with a slight hint of humor in her voice, like a coating of honey on a dirt sandwich. Still, she enjoyed the interaction with the only other person in the room that appeared to be a shinobi, like her. Not that any person is like her. In her mind, they are all beneath her. Though, just the right amount of humanity in such a cold and sterile environment is appreciated, even by Reina. In an ironically cold way, she could not help but wish that there were less people here.

The world's greatest ninja shouldn't be subjugated to the menial system of the waiting room. Social conventions! Social conventions! She snapped out of her thinking stupor and remembered that it is only proper for her to continue the conversation and state her name. She has been getting a bit better about showing some feeling in her voice, which anyone that knows her would notice. "Oh, right, I'm Kusakabe Reina. I'd be...delighted to learn your name." With her fingers pointed towards the recently waxed floor, she offered her hand across the chair between them and to the boy she just met.

She had only one mission and two parameters, both of which could be accomplished in one swift shot. First was getting her mom off her back about seeing a doctor. Speaking of her mom, the receptionist at the front desk was a friend of her mom's, which did not attest very well to her character or intelligence. She just hoped that the association would help to accomplish the second mission parameter: scoring some prime post-appointment sweets.

Why am I wondering what dirt tastes like? Being in her loose black jump suit, she was not really fit for any great impression, but the freeing fabric felt nice on her skin.
[c][spoiler=Gif of the Week][center][img]http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/enteisb1/signatures/Gifs/TeamAwesome_zps8a018e65.gif[/img][/center][/spoiler]

Trurouno

Check Ups and Downs

Post by Trurouno » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:35 pm

"That's the usual?!" Hisao replied in rather obviously feigned surprise. "I just stole a stick of gum. . ." with a small chuckle the Genin glanced over at the girl before noting her hand. Quick to introduce themselves, quick to get their names known, it seemed to be a pattern among the Shinobi of the area, not that he was complaining. What Hisao found interesting though was the girl's name itself, or more specifically the lack of any significance to it. She wasn't part of a clan and he had to admit that was a relief. "Osamu Hisao" he introduced himself, shaking Reina's hand as he leaned a little closer. Taking a more careful look at her he could tell she was a couple of years younger than him, not that age diminished the amount going on in her head. If anything people like her, the youngest were the ones he was expecting to appeal to the most. . . but that didn't mean a thing if he had nothing to appeal to them with.

Glancing back to the counter for a second the conversation took a bit of a dip, but Hisao quickly realized that sitting there watching the woman behind the desk was only making him more stressed. Taking another glance at Reina he carefully stopped the drumming of his fingers and leaned in to say a few more words. "Kusakabe, it's not a name I recognize. . . I suppose it's not a clan?" The best way to get to know someone was to get them talking about themselves, people always wanted to talk about themselves. They always wanted to tell their own stories and try to impress whoever they were talking to. It just so happened he was in need of a distraction and stories were certainly good for that.

He was slowly coming to terms with the fact he would be sat there for a while, despite his protests. There was still that worry drilling away at the back of his mind but for now he tried desperately to set it aside and focus on something else. Maybe Reina wasn't the best choice for that, it was unfair of him to force his intrigue on a younger girl after all. But just as easily perhaps someone so quick witted could give him that extra push, maybe a conversation about dirt sandwiches was just what he needed.
FIGHT DA POWA!!!
CharactersShow
+
- 48/48 points - I.R.U -

+
- 0/0 points -

+
- 0/0 points -

+

Entei

Check Ups and Downs

Post by Entei » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:32 pm

Well, if there is anything in the world that slips off Reina's tongue easily, it's talking about herself. "I guess that if you haven't heard of the "Great Kusakabe Name," my dad's advertising budget for his florist shop is a big waste. Then again, I've never understood why there would be a florist here. I'm fine with seeing rocks everywhere. Rocks have a lot of character. Anyway..." She scratched the side of her head, just below her ear as she thought for a second. "There isn't a Kusakabe Clan exactly, but that's only because I haven't had kids yet." When saying "clan", she splayed her fingers and shook them slightly. A light chuckle followed, one accompanied with that type of haughty cockiness that says 'I should write that one down.' No one but Reina knows what the little 'ha ha' she let out really means, as no one else knows her real motivations or the front she puts on for others.

"To be honest, I prefer being a no-name. It'll make it more surprising to others when I'm great someday. I mean, everyone has some sort of skill, and not being born with it just means that you might have to work a bit harder to find it." She rubbed her eyes a bit her thumb and forefinger to wake herself up, but it was almost as if pressing down on them pushed out the following yawn. That one quickly covered, and she made sure to convey that she wasn't bored - at least any more bored than a person is expected to be in a seemingly perpetual lobby wait - but that she was just a bit tired. "Excuse me. Sorry, I've been pushing myself a bit hard lately. Right now, I'm a glorified box maker, but someday, the world's greatest shinobi will be a household name." One of the things her mom has taught her about guys is that if they ask a girl a question, it's best to ask them one of equal or lesser value in return. Maybe some shopping stuff got mixed in there, but the point is the same. "How about you? You must be known around here with skin like that. Are you from some clan?"

Trurouno

Check Ups and Downs

Post by Trurouno » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:18 am

Well, he asked her to speak and wow did she speak. It was weird how open she seemed, although perhaps being stuck in such a room had that sort of effect on people? But, despite what he said Hisao found her openness refreshing. Stories usually only went as close as the story teller allowed, but with this girl he got the feeling he could just ask anything and she would answer. He didn't of course, but just because someone would didn't mean it was right to ask. Her optimism was also a bit of surprise, though that was more because of the chocking atmosphere. Jokes rolled off her tongue like they were second nature, it probably helped that that was the first thing they had said to each other. He couldn't help but notice she was rather readily laughing at her own jokes. But still, there was something interesting about this girl, he could see the cogs turning. Sure, maybe she was only being as polite as he was but her question still came as a bit of a surprise. She made note of his skin, questioned his origin and honestly seemed to make the effort to look a little deeper. Say what he liked but her mind was probably working a lot better than his right then.

"Me?" Hisao chuckled. "No, I come from a place up in the north but my skin is actually pretty similar to the Sakebi's, maybe a little darker. And in terms of being known. . . well, I’m trying at least" he explained with a laugh. "I came here to be a Shinobi, to try and make a difference in my own little way. I suppose meeting the 'world's greatest' is quite a blessing then" he said jokingly. It was weird, the words flowed just as naturally as they seemed to for her. Where was his cunning mind? Where was his endless analysis? Well, he already knew what had happened to all of those. They had been sitting there staring at the receptionist this whole time, they were the ones that were still worrying. But that was what made Reina so 'liberating'. Hisao didn't have to think, didn't have to try. . . although perhaps in the long run that was destined to be damaging. Iwa was a close-nit society, even if you weren't part of a clan. Reina was probably just like the rest of them and he had just readily admitted he was an outsider. What was to stop her from turning him away?

"But I have to say, where I come from there was always plenty of green. Plenty of flowers as well. I think your father is just trying to appeal to people like me who are a bit more used to a colour that isn't stone." Looking back to the reception for a moment Hisao felt all the emotions rush back. It was hard but the drilling in the back of his mind was still unmistakable. After that it took a bit more work to push them all back, at least a couple of seconds before he glanced back to Reina. "Have you ever left the village? Might do a bit of good to see where some of your Dad's produce comes from."
FIGHT DA POWA!!!
CharactersShow
+
- 48/48 points - I.R.U -

+
- 0/0 points -

+
- 0/0 points -

+

Entei

Check Ups and Downs

Post by Entei » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:59 am

It sounded like he was joking when he said it was a blessing to have met her. She didn't really know how to take that, so she went with it in a light-hearted way. "Up north, huh? I've never really gone anywhere outside the village at all. It's kind of weird now that you mention it, but I couldn't imagine ever going outside this place. Rocks make me feel comfortable, I guess." She liked that Hisao seemed to be opening up to her. It makes it a little easier to be vulnerable when someone else joins you. Reina herself doesn't usually talk to people, and sometimes goes days without even saying a word. On one such stint of silence, she even found it hard to speak when she wanted to. But like most people, she does enjoy good conversation, especially when someone seems to be taking interest in her. Since she's a pretty oblivious person when it comes to sexuality and the like, it hardly registered that he was of the opposite gender.

"As for the plants. I've never really had much of an interest in what he does. I'd probably go with him on one of his flower finding trips, but only if he really wanted me to." Feeling more engaged, she curled her left foot under her right and turned to the side towards Hisao and hung her arm over the back of the chair. He seemed genuinely friendly, a relief to a person like her, who sees herself as pretty inept in most social situations. It's not that she isn't good at talking to people, rather, she just doesn't get much practice at doing it in a non-combative way. Say something offensive to her and she can usually come back with a response without much of a thought. Speaking like she was now isn't something she doesn't get to do while reading in her room or training alone. Even her relationships with her squad mate and team leader are only at their opening stages.

"My dad wanted to name me 'Renge'...Let's just say that I'm glad my mother won out." The tiniest hint of a smile formed at the edge of her lips, but she couldn't really tell that it was there. Not using facial expressions very often makes it so that you don't know what they feel like when they're on your face. Again, the 1:1 ratio of conversation came into play. "How about you, where did you get a name like yours? I mean, what are you parents like?" Behind Hisao, Reina saw a few more people come through the entrance, but she only glanced away for a second or two.

Trurouno

Check Ups and Downs

Post by Trurouno » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:14 pm

It was sad to think but Hisao wasn't actually surprised to hear she had never left the village. Here she was speaking about how she didn't understand the appeal of flowers or in fact anything other than rocks but that was all she had ever seen. It still made him curious just how insular the people of Iwa were, he wondered how many of them had ever even seen the sea. With a soft smile Hisao nodded along with what she said. She was cheery at least and that was what mattered to the dread eating away at him. In fact, even the petty little worries about this or that were a huge relief. It wasn't like they were affecting the conversation, he was used to keeping such things to himself, most people were. But these little quibbles occupied his mind, that was invaluable right then. "You should try joining him some time" Hisao suggested, "there are some amazing things out there."

Reina probably wouldn’t follow his advice, though it made him feel better just saying it. He never expected to change people’s lives so easily and she was still young after all, she still had her whole life ahead. He wasn't much different. But everything changed when Reina mentioned his parents. It wasn't because it was an awkward subject or anything like that. It wasn't even because of the supposed 'search' for his mother. For a second Hisao was ready to just keep on talking, to open the flood gates and see what came out. . . but he couldn't. Of course he couldn't. If he started telling people everything then he was just adding nails to the coffin. In fact it was already a shock just to see how accepting she was of an outsider. For a moment the thought played on Hisao's mind, what if he did tell her everything?

Going silent his smile faltered for a second before he dismissed the idea. He came to the calm reservation that it would be pointless, regardless of how friendly she was. Maybe she could see that something was going on but deep inside Hisao was remembering every lesson he had taught himself about Iwa. He was analytical for a reason, he couldn't just drop that because someone spoke some kind words and acted friendly. "I never asked. . ." Hisao replied nervously. At least that was the truth, his father hadn't given him the name after all. "Umm, maybe it just came to mind?" he added quickly, as if realizing how quiet and nervous he was becoming. "If I had to define them though I would have to say adventurous. My parents that is. . ." He was making sure to answer all of her questions but there was still something off. Reina had probably already noticed. . .

"My mother was a Shinobi and my Dad was a woodcutter, I suppose a little like you in that sense. I came to Iwa because of my Mum, she wasn't there much when I was younger so I was hoping coming here would change that." It wasn't technically a lie but the words still tasted bad in his mouth. He was twisting the truth and trying to hide behind the lie of a nice happy upbringing. "But Renge huh?" he suddenly added, speaking noticeably louder as he tried to seem more upbeat. "Lucky you."
OOCShow
Sorry this took awhile D =
FIGHT DA POWA!!!
CharactersShow
+
- 48/48 points - I.R.U -

+
- 0/0 points -

+