These Are the Things We Go Through

Amy

Post by Amy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:59 pm

"I don't understand why I'm here, Taiko. I don't need friends. I need Hoten to come home. I need to be training."

Taiko shook his head, his body blocking Aimi in the room. The meeting had been set up several weeks ago and there was no way she was getting out of it. Hoten had only been gone a couple of weeks and he was already getting worried about her. She was becoming withdrawn, her eyes looking constantly worried. "No, what you need is to interact with people other than the Genma while Hoten is gone. It's not healthy for you, you're not strong enough for this yet, Aimi. And you suck at making friends."

Leveling her gaze at Taiko, she sighed heavily. "Gee. Thanks. You're so nice to me." She only grew annoyed when he did nothing but shrug at her. Walking around the room, it was bizarre. The entire thing made her feel uncomfortable. Arms wrapping around her stomach she stood and faced the opposite way of Taiko, the opposite way from the door. She let her expression drop for just a minute. It was too much, everything was too much. She just wanted to train herself to the point of exhaustion until she couldn't breathe anymore. Until she couldn't stand. It was then and only then that she couldn't think about what was wrong. That she couldn't think about what Hoten was doing...what he was learning...who he was meeting.

Pointedly blocking out the Genma, she stared straight ahead. Hoping that whoever was coming to meet her would hurry up so that she could move on with her day. Why did the village think they could set her up with a friend anyways? What did they know about her anyways? The only thing they knew about her was that she had a stupid spirit trapped in her body.
My CharactersShow
B-Rank MNKatō, Tsubaki #DC143C #C82848
Sp. Jounin • Kirigakure no Sato • Araki Kiyo #DDA0DD
Akibushi • Heart Empire • Kimura, Misaki
Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Kazuma #00BF80

Lace

Post by Lace » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:47 pm

'Late.... late.... laaaaaaaaaate.' Training with Jinseie had taken far longer than she had originally anticipated, or perhaps she just lost track of time given the fact she and Jinseie had become quick friends. His company was preferable over her clan's as of late with their constant reminder they all burned with fire as their affinities. She did have an issue with them personally, she just didn't quite like fire and it was hard to just shut out something the Genma inside of her made her acutely aware of every passing moment.

Her eye looked down at the piece of paper in her hand that had her directions which in hindsight might not have been the smartest decision in her life given her dead sprint. A thought that was confirmed as she slammed into the back of the man (?) standing in front of the doorway before bouncing backwards onto her backside with a resounding thud, perhaps not as heavily as it would have been have she been proper weight for her size but enough force to leave her dazed a moment. Add in the quiver she carried and it was a fair bit of noise; it could have only been more comical had the door been shut and she'd run into that instead.

This meeting wasn't of her choosing, summoned to meet with the Matriarch to explain the meeting had been set up for the 'good of the Jinchuuriki' so they might learn to support each other at the very least. You can't very well force a friendship and the clan leader seemed to know that all too well, but had agreed to the meeting anyways. She didn't know anything about this other jinchuuriki aside from the spirit sealed away inside of her, they lived almost opposite ends of the village and lived their own lives. To force them together seemed an odd sort of plan, especially given the blatant way of it.

".... ow."

Amy

Post by Amy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:51 pm

Taiko spun quickly when the light body of the other Jinchuuriki slammed into him. He had heard her running down the hall but hadn't expected her to come crashing into him. Grasping her wrist gently but firmly to keep he from falling, he pulled her gently into the room and out of the hallway. Releasing her once she had her footing, looking at her with worry. How did he get the luck job of dealing with two troubled Jinchuuriki?

"Are you alright?"

Are you excited? I'm excited. She looks like fun. Don't you think?

The sarcasm was heavy in the voice in her head. Clearly, the Genma wasn't a fan of the meeting either. Quite content with being the only voice in Aimi's life. In her head. The only influence. It was getting harder and harder to make it through with just the Genma but easier all the same. To immerse herself in its teachings, ideals. Methods. It was simple.

She turned slowly towards the girl, a flicker of surprise showing on her face. An Ayatori. Interesting. Special. Aimi could feel her head drop slightly. Why did she have to do this? It wasn't fair.

Really? That's what we've been reduced to? It's not fair?

Can you just shut up? For once?

A slight wince would be the only hint to the surge of angry Chakra that flew through Aimi's body. Touching every nerve. She could feel her soul shrinking against the overwhelming power. Struggling to keep herself out of the room in her soul, she spoke.

"You didn't have to rush. I'm not allowed to go anywhere anyways." It was an odd combination. The snarky words combined with an honest smile. Could this girl actually know what she was going through? Maybe...Maybe this would be worth it. Aimi stepped closer, pointedly ignoring Taiko - she was still mad at him.

"Tanaka, Aimi. Looks like we both got the short end of the stick here huh?"
My CharactersShow

Lace

Post by Lace » Mon May 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Doton. Suiton. The elemental affinities danced off her skin as she fought to catch her breath from her mad sprint to be less late than she already way. All she had to do was reach out and grab one for either to become her own affinity for the time but she had no need to attune herself to anything at the moment. She wasn't even sure what they were supposed to do. Play nice? Train together? Dance? All they had in common was that they were both Genma hosts.

"I'm fine, thank you," soft tone answered the man who caught her, arm long taken back and adjusting herself so she was at least somewhat presentable. Close to knees down she was covered in dirt and all manners of dust but that can't be helped when you play with a doton user for your training.

Distaste. That sensation had her pausing a moment, green eye fixing itself upon the other host... the emotion was foggy, unclear... like trying to see through a cloudy crystal. She felt that. Almost tasted the bitterness in the air and it wasn't coming from the man behind her... but how could she feel that? She's never felt emotions before, it's all been elements and natural affinities broken down from the combinations like the Enkouten or Shoshiki.

Well this meeting is off to a splendid start; Aimi's words were met with a soft shrug of her shoulders though her shrug was odder than most, it used her shoulder blades more so than her shoulders causing her wings to join in with the gesture.

"Ayatori Kiyone. I would hope I didn't get a short end of any stick, makes for poor arrows," at least she was trying not to let the emotion thing get to her, she wasn't really sure what that was anyways. Why dwell?

Amy

Post by Amy » Mon May 04, 2015 11:12 pm

Aimi's shoulders shrugged up lightly as she let out a short laugh. She found her own gaze leveling on Kiyone, her sensory turning on. Almost instantly, she could sense the difference in the Ayatori's life force. It was...bigger? Tougher? More in-depth. She didn't know what it was but there was definitely something different. She wouldn't have known it was a Genma but she could tell it was different.

Unimpressive.

And you say I can't make friends. What? Do all of you spirits hate each other. Got some sort of rivalry going on?

The offended silence told Aimi that though she might not have been "right" she certainly wasn't wrong. Interesting. It seemed that the Genma that was always forcing her to make friends didn't even know how to make friends themselves. Regardless, it was going to be an awkward day if they didn't at least make small talk. Painful as it was, Aimi knew that she had to do it or she was going to close up. Shut down. Let fear and everything else take over and suffocate her.

"So you're an archer? That's cool. Hoten's an archer too but he uses glass arrows. It took him a long time to get it right but he's pretty good at it now. I use Doton jutsu mostly...and, uh, well. You know. I work with...it." Aimi didn't talk about the Genma to anyone who didn't already know about it. It was difficult. "I'm not very good at conversation to begin with. This whole thing. All this pressure. It's not helping. Sorry." Anxiety began to flood into the girl. Once again, she was messing everything up.
My CharactersShow

Lace

Post by Lace » Fri May 08, 2015 2:04 am

Kiyone glanced over her left shoulder to the man that was... babysitting? Aimi before turning back to the host as she was spoken to. Her gaze almost unsettling to a lot of people, pale green eye with a silver-white pupil, one of the effect of having the Genma host sealed inside of her body; the only thing that managed to cut through the off-putting appearance of her eye was the softness in how she looked at you. At least until she began to laugh softly at the other female, the way she had tripped over herself as she spoke making her remember her interactions with Jinseie. That young man had her stumbling over almost everything she said and did, could make her blush with a smile, and more or less make her into a complete and total idiot. Not that she was really complaining.

But to keep Aimi from thinking she was making fun, she decided to share a bit.

"I'm not very good at talking to a male friend of mine, you act a lot like me when I get flustered being around him," she smiled a bit, her fingers entwining with themselves as she gave in to a bit of her nerves. She was really trying to keep this from being awkward but it was difficult... neither of them seemed to be very good at making friends or at least meeting new people. "Hoten? I can't say I recall the name, I don't think he was taught under my father's tutelage at the very least... and I can feel your bond to Doton, it's a strong sensation, I could tell if was one of your strengths just coming in here," she was trying to keep the conversation going and was about as good at this as she was it seemed.

Amy

Post by Amy » Fri May 08, 2015 1:56 pm

Aimi's gaze grew confused, dying down from the irritation she had started to feel when it seemed like the other host was laughing at her. But, now she was stuck on the fact that the girl said she could feel her connection to Doton. How was that possible? Glazing over what might have seemed like important information to Kiyone, Aimi started talking, her voice wavering somewhat.

"Sorry, yeah, Hoten is my fiance. Shoshiki, I'm not surprised you don't know him. What do you mean you can feel my use of Doton? Is that because of your Genma?" Aimi wasn't bothered by the girl's eye. She had seen weirder things on more aggressive Shinobi. Somehow, it made her more likable though Aimi couldn't really pinpoint why. She wondered if that was also from the Genma and was quietly thankful for a moment that awkward green glowing veins was the only constant reminder that she had of the beast sealed inside of her.

"Listen, I'm not going to lie I don't want to be here."

"Aimi!"

"Well it's true! I wanted to train today and instead you said I was being forced to have a play date. I don't do nicey nice well, you know this. It's nothing against you, Kiyone, it's really not. You're so nice. But I don't make friends well on my own and being here in this room with him over there blocking the door like I'm gonna run away is insulting."

She took a deep breath. Aimi knew that she could do this. She talked to Hoten all the time, she could talk to this girl right? Well. Talk to her, not at her like she seemed to be doing.

"Basically, I guess what I'm saying is that if we're gonna do it we may as well just do it. But I'm not doing it locked in the training room. So, I suggest we go somewhere more comfortable. Unfortunately, I've sort of been living here the past few months so I have no suggestions. You?"
My CharactersShow

Lace

Post by Lace » Mon May 18, 2015 3:39 pm

"My clan doesn't interact with the Shoshiki much, it's hard to know anyone from there... there are few Shoshiki names that get tossed about but it's hard to follow chatter sometimes. Is he famous among the Shoshiki?" she held off on Aimi's other question for the time being, instead choosing to meet her on ground she might be more comfortable with. Neither of them seemed to be necessarily good at the 'forced encounter' deboggle they found themselves in. And there was a little bit of trying to find something to take her mind off the first impressions, it was hard to simply shake off what she could only guess was distaste at her personally.

Aimi's proclamation only seemed to serve and cement early thoughts and her shoulders did another of her unusual bird-like shrugs. It wasn't like this was her idea either, why she did need to be the source of the negativity? She wasn't responsible for the the person blocking her into the room come from her and he's was certainly not an Ayatori. "I spend most of my time at my clan's compound so you would likely have a better idea where to go than here, you don't have a favorite tea shop or restaurant?"

This was just outrageously awkward, she passed a moment where she wished Jinseie were there, as awkward as he was he probably could do or say something to help them. He always managed to say something and push the conversation in some direction. Not that it would've killed the point of this whole meeting. Why else would you force two social awkward people together? Instead she pushed back the discomfort and tried to do... something. She didn't know. This was frustrating. "Maybe while we walk you can tell me what sort of person Shoshiki Hoten is, or how you met, anything you like."

Amy

Post by Amy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:32 pm

Instantly, Aimi knew where they were going. not even Taiko could stop them. Spinning to the door she smiled sweetly at Taiko. " I highly suggest you move. We’re going to Shoshiki Hana’s bakery in town. You may come if you wish but we are going one way or another. " Taiko stared at Aimi for a moment, seemingly contemplating if he was going to let them through or not. It seemed that Aimi won the standoff though because with a sigh, he moved and let the two girls through. Once they were on their way through the streets, Aimi began talking. She hated leading the conversation but she could talk about Hoten.

" I think Hoten is famous but he might say otherwise. He’s the most wonderful kind of person. I think think he has a mean or bad or selfish bone in his body. " Aimi couldn’t help but smile when she spoke of Hoten. Even just thinking about him lit her up. " He’s everything I could have ever wanted. We met a couple of years ago behind a restaurant and have been inseparable ever since. Well...nearly. "

Shaking her head slightly, Aimi shrugged. " He’s away on a training trip right now. It’s kind of the reason for this I think. You’ve been a Jinch for longer and I think they’re worried I’m going to go crazy without his support here. He was even there when I got sealed. It was awful but… " Aimi remembered that day, reluctantly. Getting to see Hoten before it all happened. To have the comfort of him there with her. It had been everything she needed to get through. " But it was perfect. He was so strong through the whole terrible thing...sorry. Probably not memories you want drudged up any more than I do. "

Coming up to the bakery, Aimi opened the door for Kiyone. Suddenly, not feeling so confident.

Hopefully, Hoten’s mother wasn’t in that day.
My CharactersShow

Lace

Post by Lace » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:03 pm

Kiyone watched the younger woman have a stand off with the guardian...? before he up and resigned himself to moving and letting the two of them on their way. She walked along side Aimi and listened as she spoke about the person she was most fond of and the way she spoke about Hoten made Kiyone feeling a little giddy right along with her. A side effect of the Genma... sometimes unfortunately. Experiencing other emotions was both a blessing and a curse, in the case of Aimi it was lovely.

At least until talking about her experiences going into being a host triggered her mood to swing softly, being a Jinch seemed to affect her more than it did Kiyone herself; duty was a powerful driving force but... it was more than that in a way. She wanted to do it to prove to herself that she could do it. But it wasn't an easy path so Kiyo understood why they might want her to talk with Aimi or at least give her someone to talk to about how she's feeling about it.

"The experience was certainly not something I'd soon forget but sometimes it's easier to just accept it, you seem to have a very good outlet for that. Hoten seems like the luckiest young man in the world if the way you speak about him," she grinned a little, the enthusiasm certainly beat out the disdain Aimi showed to her at first, she definitely preferred it. She noticed Aimi stopping at the door to--she looked up to see what it was--the bakery and tilted her head, regarding the young woman with concern. "Everything okay?"

Amy

Post by Amy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:27 pm

" Everything’s fine. Uh, Hoten’s mother owns this place. And she is...very very supportive. To put it...bluntly, she mentioned babies before we were even officially together. She makes me anxious. Nervous. She’s loud and beautiful, the most beautiful, and very very tiring. But I much prefer her to his grandfather. Avoid that man at all costs. "

Offering Kiyone a small smile she pushed open the door, the soft jingle sounding. Aimi’s eyes scanned quickly but the genma told her before her eyes did that Shoshiki Hana was not in the building. They were safe, for now. Placing an order at the glass counter for a small cake and a coffee she took a seat at a table in the corner.

" Despite everything, I certainly consider myself the lucky one in the relationship. He’s been my rock. Without him, I would be crazy. But with him being gone it’s...difficult. I try to remember the good things though and that helps. " Smiling at the other girl over the steaming cups of liquid she realized that she really was relaxing. Kiyone was nice. And quiet. That was nice.

" What about you? You must have someone you rely on. Someone to give you strength. Or at the very least, your own version of Taiko. I swear that man didn’t know what he was getting himself into when he agreed to work with me. " Aimi couldn’t help but laugh lightly. She knew she was a pain to him. But he took it like a champ. And she knew that he was close by. “Just in case” he would say, if she asked him.
My CharactersShow

Lace

Post by Lace » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:35 am

"His grandfather doesn't like you or...?" she let the question trial off a little as they entered the small shop, one she admittedly had ever been to before. It was a quaint little place, well-lit and inviting not as inviting as the wafting scent of the pastries you got when Aimi opened the door to the bakery.

She ordered herself a cup of tea with lemon and a small frosted cake before joining her companion at the table settling down with the back of the chair resting comfortably between the blades of her wings. She smiled as she continued to listen to the girl talk about her young love with Hoten, finding it very endearing. When asked if she had someone she paused a little in-between a bite of her cake and made an odd motion with her shoulder blades which made it seem like she shrugged with her wings more than her shoulders.

"I haven't been assigned a full-time guardian as of yet, I suppose the whole of my clan counts though," she replied with an almost neutral tone to her voice. She loved her clan, but the constant eyes on her like she might spontaneously combust did get a bit old at times. Made this outing a little more enjoyable over all, not that Aimi wasn't very pleasant and exuberant company.

Amy

Post by Amy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:33 am

What a loaded question, Aimi mused to herself as she stuffed some food and drink into her mouth to avoid answering. Did he like her? Well, before she would have said no. She would have said absolutely not. That Hoten’s grandfather hated her and everything she stood for. But, he had softened towards her since then. He still hated that she took up so much of Hoten’s time but it wasn’t as though he could complain when she had saved him from the very fate that had brought them so close. Aimi would never forget that, forget being told that it was Hoten who had originally been chosen...before she came along and impressed someone.

But, she could only avoid it for so long.

"It’s not...it’s not that he doesn’t like me. It’s that I complicate things for Hoten, and for him as well on that note. He’s a very prideful and refined man and I...do not fit that mold." Shrugging and sticking her tongue out a bit, Aimi didn’t look as though it bothered her much. Hoten had never chosen his grandfather over her so what did she have to complain about. She was more interested in picking up on what her companion said about her clan, well, more the way she said it.

"Sometimes, I wish I was a part of a clan. I like my privacy but it always seemed kind of comforting to always have that family. I’ve gotten to experience just a taste of that being with Hoten. Most of his clan accepts my part in his life. But I couldn’t imagine the stress and responsibility of always being in that life. Though...I guess being who I am now I’m sort of stuck with the worst of it anyhow."

Looking up now to meet Kiyone’s eyes, Aimi smiled just slightly. "It’s like I can feel eyes on me everywhere I go, no matter what. Like someone is always waiting for me to lose my head or try to murder someone or myself. Like someone is still always waiting for me to fail. Like they forget that if not for them I wouldn’t even be a blip on their radar." And, there was the bitter tone again. The one that so purely showed that even still, Aimi was not ok with what had happened to her. That she still hadn’t forgiven and accepted her situation yet.
My CharactersShow

Return to “Iwagakure no Sato”